[Discussion] Utahime - Upcoming Nagase Drama!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Robina

Post by Robina » Oct 12th, '07, 17:24

Today it's airing~ can't wait to get my hands on it :lol
and here are some scans of Utahime
EDIT:
Utahime Torrent is just OUT!!!!!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54021

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Oct 12th, '07, 17:47

Thanks for letting us know! Although my BitTorrent sucks-- so I hope somebody will be able to upload this to a direct download server so I can download it that way :)

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Oct 12th, '07, 19:41

*cries*

so fast!!!

only i can't use torrent while on vacation...

i'll be a month late! nuoooooooooo~

i wonder how it went?

aniger23

Post by aniger23 » Oct 12th, '07, 20:54

Ahhh! I've been eagering awaiting the torrent since a few hours ago! Thank you thank you! Hope the subs will be out soon too! Can't wait to watch this!

almasa

Post by almasa » Oct 13th, '07, 22:14

can't wait to watch ep 1 it's takes time to download.. wann to know how was Drama goingon.. I like Nagasi .... :)

mm hope the Sub coming soon!!!

LaLaLaDRAMA

Post by LaLaLaDRAMA » Oct 14th, '07, 03:40

hey! watched first episode..and i can say for sure that it is a romantic drama with comedy...well, Im not sure what other episodes will be like, but based on the mood that was set by the first episode..it is definately not a heavy drama. thank god! im not sure if im going to like this drama..but i will give 2nd episode a try!!

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Oct 14th, '07, 08:04

I think I will like this... well, I liked the first episode more than I thought I was going to. Still, I didn't understand much, so I'll have to rewatch when the subs are released.

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 14th, '07, 14:36

For my part I love Uta. It’s much more better than expected after first pics were posted. Tomoya looks so hot in here even with his very short hair.
It’s fun to watch the baka Akira-kun in the beginning. On contrary there’s Taro, gentle, strong, handsome……..
The chemistry between main actors is excellent. Love the scene when Taro gives Suzu the sunglasses and they end up falling on the floor. Or when Taro recalls his first months in the village – great piece of acting.
But I totally don’t get the Sabako character. At this stage I can’t see any need for her. Well, maybe she’ll become important when the show goes on.
And TOKIO’s SEISYuN is gorgeous. Love that song.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Oct 15th, '07, 01:19

bad start:
*9.4% 22:00-23:09 TBS [新]金曜ドラマ・歌姫

the Bayside Shakedown movie in Fuji TV in the same timeslot:
23.6% 21:00-23:55 CX* 土曜プレミアム「踊る大捜査線 THE MOVIE2 レインボーブリッジを封鎖せよ!完全版」

aniger23

Post by aniger23 » Oct 15th, '07, 20:24

This is so sad! I hope the ratings start picking up! I enjoyed the 1st ep! Hee it's light hearted drama!

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 15th, '07, 20:45

Well, I don’t care about those ratings. There’s no way those "numbers" can control my mind or my mood. And since I know Tomoya don’t care about those rates either, I enjoy watching Utahime. It's beautiful.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 15th, '07, 21:15

Naiya wrote:Well, I don’t care about those ratings. There’s no way those "numbers" can control my mind or my mood. And since I know Tomoya don’t care about those rates either, I enjoy watching Utahime. It's beautiful.
I second this too. strongly

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 16th, '07, 11:20

I've watched it twice now. I like everything about it. I think that Nagase's character is a mix of Toraji/Makky though with a bit of Yuichiro thrown in.

I loooooove the intro them to death. Just had to state that. *have watched it many times to snicker at the bike riding faces he makes*

I can't wait for ep 2 , that's really it. It's lovely so far.

Did anyone see Tokyo Freinds Park with Tomoya? Him on the Hyper Hockey , I was hoping for a come from behind win. =x

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Oct 16th, '07, 12:30

I'm still waiting for the subs to watch it for second time. This drama has nostalgic sense that makes you feel different when you watch it compared to other dramas. It feels good and sometimes, I wanted to cry for no reason lol.The theme song is awesone.

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 16th, '07, 18:49

Archaenon wrote:Did anyone see Tokyo Freinds Park with Tomoya? Him on the Hyper Hockey , I was hoping for a come from behind win.
Yes, saw TFP. Nice show. Would have been great to see him winning the Hyper Hockey. But wasn’t supposed to happen. Poor Tomobabe. :lol :lol :lol

@minna
For those who like to see Tomoya in Hanamaru Café on Oct. 12th here’s link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7X4TGO0 (link will be deleted in a few days!)

And just to let you know, Utahime first episode is subbed up to 80%. If you like to get it register at s-projects and you can download the beta subs.

Post by 2404 » Oct 17th, '07, 01:13

:D :D
Just finished watching the first episode for second time :lol Thanks Naiya for informing the resent development of the subs - with 80% subbed I understood SO much more :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Can't wait to watch it again, with subs all the way till the end :wink:
lightsoul wrote: This drama has nostalgic sense that makes you feel different when you watch it compared to other dramas. It feels good and sometimes, I wanted to cry for no reason lol.The theme song is awesone.

I agree :-) I noticed now that the back round music is pretty good, old fashioned as it should be and fits really well in the different situations, giving the drama a warm and sweet "finishing touch". :wub:

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Oct 17th, '07, 08:39

2404 wrote: I agree :-) I noticed now that the back round music is pretty good, old fashioned as it should be and fits really well in the different situations, giving the drama a warm and sweet "finishing touch". :wub:
You know what, the song at the end of the episode is Eric Clapton's "Change the World". No wonder that sounds so familiar to me!!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 17th, '07, 14:18

I'm surprised by how much I like this drama. It brings the audience back to the good old days, when town's folks are friendly and easily excited, kids don't wear shoes (men don't wear shirts), and bad guys have bad ass attitudes. A small town with small town hospitalities and curiosities. If I knew Japanese, I probably would do a sing along with them.

Post by 2404 » Oct 17th, '07, 20:22

lightsoul wrote:You know what, the song at the end of the episode is Eric Clapton's "Change the World". No wonder that sounds so familiar to me!!
:D Yeah, I noticed it from the opening credits on my second time of watching :lol For me, it's always a bit weird to hear songs in other languages than Japanese in jdoramas, but this didn't sound/feel wrong in any way :cheers:

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Oct 18th, '07, 14:48

I really liked it too, it was so sweet.
I love the chemistry between Suzu and Taro.
:wub:
Can't waite for the next ep.

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Oct 18th, '07, 15:26

I'm downloading the raw episode now and I can't wait to watch it though I don't understand japanese!

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Oct 18th, '07, 15:27

I'm downloading the raw episode now and I can't wait to watch it though I don't understand japanese!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 18th, '07, 17:41

I really liked the first episode of this one too. It was charming, funny, and nostaligic. Since I haven't watched dramas set in this time period before, it felt refreshing after having seen so many school and office dramas lately. The town and the people feel very inviting too.

Akira was cute and baka in the present time, and I'm curious how everything will finally fit together. There's just a hint of something magical about it all, which I particularly like. Can't wait for the next episode!

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '07, 21:13

Friday nights are so special to me since Utahime started. i hardly can wait for 2nd ep so i can see more of Taro :wub: :wub: :wub:

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Oct 19th, '07, 20:29

watched epi 2 already
Taro's grabbing the guitar and singing Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock" is priceless.
I enjoyed this series. I cant wait to watch the next eps.

Post by 2404 » Oct 19th, '07, 22:50

:D
Watashi mo Utahime ep 2 mô mita :lol
Really loving the series more and more :wub: Can't wait for the next episode and subs for this too :cheers: :cheers: (Sadly didn't understand much without subs, Tosa ben is SO hard :cry:)

@lightsoul
:lol :lol You're so right, it was absolutely priceless! Taro-chan is amazing!! :D

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Oct 20th, '07, 07:28

Ep 1 softsubs (complete, final) is uploaded now both here and at my HP.
Enjoy.
I really love this dorama! Even if Tomoya is not there!
Very funny too, if you notice all the details.
It is hilarious that the Akutagawa guy has a red handkerchief with him, it is pretty weird for a japanese guy.
And look at Tomoya's facial expressions, it is really priceless, LOL! Saki-chan is super cute too!

Sabako and Jinguji's roles are obvious. Jinguji is to serve as a spy, informing taro of what is happening with the guests at sabako's inn. I think this sabako is hilarious too with her crappy english sentences.
Rice to meet you = nice to meet you
See you tomorrow = see you later
Good bye = Good luck

What's next? LOL

PS: the final version of ep 1 has corrected some previous inaccuracies. Please watch it again from the start if you like, for better viewing.
The BETA versions will always be less than perfect.
Last edited by siantut on Oct 20th, '07, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 20th, '07, 10:26

siantut wrote:I really love this dorama! Even if Tomoya is not there!
Very funny too, if you notice all the details.
It is hilarious that the Akutagawa guy has a red handkerchief with him, it is pretty weird for a japanese guy.
And look at Tomoya's facial expressions, it is really priceless, LOL! Saki-chan is super cute too!
I’m totally with you in this besides on point. “Even if Tomoya is not there!” :lol (just joking)

Utahime is really quite different from other doramas. It’s fresh, warm, detail-oriented and the set is beautiful. Watched the first episode with complete subs. What a pleasure!!!! Siantut, your subs are excellent. Without your hard work I wouldn’t be aware of all the details and could enjoy only the nice pictures. Again, thank you very much!
Attachments
Utahime ep02_4.JPG
Utahime ep02_4.JPG (24.59 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Utahime ep02_3.JPG
Utahime ep02_3.JPG (35.12 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Utahime ep02_2.JPG
Utahime ep02_2.JPG (22.02 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Utahime ep02_1.JPG
Utahime ep02_1.JPG (31.8 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
utahime ep01_5.JPG
utahime ep01_5.JPG (28.08 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
utahime ep01_4.JPG
utahime ep01_4.JPG (37.74 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
utahime ep01_3.JPG
utahime ep01_3.JPG (42.37 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
utahime ep01_2.JPG
utahime ep01_2.JPG (47.06 KiB) Viewed 3379 times

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 20th, '07, 11:33

I haven't watched the second ep yet , or been to the OHP since it updated. But isn't there a huuuuge age differnce in the two lead characters ?

I love it so far.
Thanks for the subs.

I like Tomoya's look more now that he's filled out a bit. =x

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Oct 20th, '07, 11:39

Archaenon wrote:I haven't watched the second ep yet , or been to the OHP since it updated. But isn't there a huuuuge age differnce in the two lead characters ?
like kokitty said, Taro is supposed to be a mid-30's y/o guy. I think Suzu is 18-20 y/o girl so between them is more than 10 years gap of age.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 20th, '07, 17:38

I am loving utahime so much that i watched it for 5th time this afternoon with complete subs. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

it has so many funny moments. i love that moment where tomoya runs shouting mountain monkey is coming to get you. the way he was shouting and running is hilarious. i just can't have enough of that scene. :lol
and when he told her that she has a mustache :P

2nd ep gets even better. Taro is such sensetive yet strong character that attracts almost eveyone. the only waek point of this ep was it was not as long as ep 1. (i know i got to greedy with 1sp) i could not believe it when it ended. i wanted more. MUCH MORE!!!!! :crazy:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUBS DEAR. GREAT JOB INDEED. :cheers:

the best moment of ep1 was definetely that famouse (by now) between suzu and taro. i have to watch 2nd ep so more to get my most fav too.

klon22

Post by klon22 » Oct 20th, '07, 20:00

lol

i hope enjoy like all of you

nice watching!

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Oct 20th, '07, 23:02

this amuses me a lot lol..XD

So, Taro is a music-lover guy. That is Jailhouse Rock he singing circa 1957 (??). Had he not lost his memory in war he must be a great singer, I guess. Thus the daughter is a singer. I wonder why Akira (Taro's grandchild) is not as talented as his grandfather and his mother.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 21st, '07, 00:23

regarding Akira
he has to have some sort of storyline in whole of this. as his life would change after knowing his grandad's story. i really like to know
he is just spoiled because he was born in wealth and famous world. so was taking everything for granted.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Oct 22nd, '07, 14:20

Three reasons why I'm hooked on Utahime:

1. Like someone said before here, it feels so magical. I don't even know what I mean by "magical", really. It's just the feeling I get.

2. I absolutely cannot get enough of the "Taro to Suzu to tarotaro rinrinrin" routine :whistling:

3. Following up from point 2, I had no idea Nagase Tomoya and Aibu Saki would have such good chemistry. Maybe it's the tan.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Oct 22nd, '07, 17:05

Since it would be a bother to each time post the rating for the people who are curious about it, I will just give you the URL where you can check the rating every Monday morning. Here it is:
http://tvdramarating.simprich.net/2007/10/2007_4.html

Please do not be discouraged by the low rating. As I said before and times again, a low rating DOES NOT necessarily tell that a dorama is no good. And just because more japanese people watch a dorama also DOES NOT mean that a dorama with less viewers is a flop. What is a flop or not a flop does not depend on the majority and ratings. We all know too well that the majority is not always right and does not necessarily have the better taste or the better judgement. In most cases, I would rather not go with the majority. Please follow your own intuition and taste and interest and enjoy any dorama you like and do not let anyone or any rating influence you. If you like it, then like it. If you dont like it, then dont like it. Do not be bothered by what other people say. A man's medicine is another man's poison.

As what I see myself from the more reliable japanese forums or blogs (reliable here means that the posters come from a more diverse audience with real registrations and IDs) their opinions on this dorama are quite balanced, a lot people also love this dorama very much. Most people who said that they would quit this dorama after the 1st ep gave the reason that it was because they did not understand the difficult Tosa dialect being spoken. I think if one does not fully understand what is being said, it will be hard to give a fair judgement on this dorama. If the Japanese themselves found it hard to understand what is being said, I think it will be harder for non-japanese to understand this dorama, so I suggest to download my softsubs at least, and give this dorama a chance before discarding it just based on ratings. If you still dont like it after watching it with the english subs, then sure you can quit it and no one will try to stop you, of course.

Cheers

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 22nd, '07, 18:13

Thanks for the info (and the wonderful subs!), siantut. I'm not worried about the ratings, because I loved the first ep and what's been translated so far from the second. I really enjoyed Sexy Voice and Robo and Sushi Oji! regardless of their ratings, so the numbers don't affect me in the slightest.

I love the chemistry between Taro and Suzu, and the folks in the town are so funny and warm!
Nagase singing Jailhouse Rock was so much fun! Okay, his English isn't wonderful... but, hey, neither was Elvis's. LOL Nagase's voice sounded perfect in it anyhow.

I'm looking forward to more from Sato Ryuta as we go. Loved how he spoke to "girly-man" after the contest! *snicker* Can't wait to see how that plays out, once the subs are to that point. (Okay, I'll probably spoil myself with the raw part anyhow, but I'm trying to be good for once.)

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 22nd, '07, 19:15

You can be sure, siantut, low ratings will never be able to discourage me. I’ve my own taste in choosing dramas. No ratings - low or high - can change that.
Ratings are a pain in the neck. School ratings, talent ratings, popularity ratings, …….. whatever. Is there any purpose in ratings at all? And drama ratings are the worst because they might in fact discourage the actors/actresses. And that would be worse for all of us. I really hope Tomoya, Aibu and all the other actors/actresses, who did and do such a great job, don’t feel bothered by those damn numbers.
I enjoy watching Utahime, I love it and saw both episodes already a lot of times (but have to admit it’s much more better with subs :lol ).
And two "Tomoyas" in one drama – nothing can be better!!!!

:cheers: Ganbatte!!! Wish you the best, Uta-team! :cheers:
Last edited by Naiya on Oct 23rd, '07, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:36

siantut wrote:Since it would be a bother to each time post the rating for the people who are curious about it, I will just give you the URL where you can check the rating every Monday morning. Here it is:
http://tvdramarating.simprich.net/2007/10/2007_4.html

Please do not be discouraged by the low rating. As I said before and times again, a low rating DOES NOT necessarily tell that a dorama is no good. And just because more japanese people watch a dorama also DOES NOT mean that a dorama with less viewers is a flop. What is a flop or not a flop does not depend on the majority and ratings. We all know too well that the majority is not always right and does not necessarily have the better taste or the better judgement. In most cases, I would rather not go with the majority. Please follow your own intuition and taste and interest and enjoy any dorama you like and do not let anyone or any rating influence you. If you like it, then like it. If you dont like it, then dont like it. Do not be bothered by what other people say. A man's medicine is another man's poison.

As what I see myself from the more reliable japanese forums or blogs (reliable here means that the posters come from a more diverse audience with real registrations and IDs) their opinions on this dorama are quite balanced, a lot people also love this dorama very much. Most people who said that they would quit this dorama after the 1st ep gave the reason that it was because they did not understand the difficult Tosa dialect being spoken. I think if one does not fully understand what is being said, it will be hard to give a fair judgement on this dorama. If the Japanese themselves found it hard to understand what is being said, I think it will be harder for non-japanese to understand this dorama, so I suggest to download my softsubs at least, and give this dorama a chance before discarding it just based on ratings. If you still dont like it after watching it with the english subs, then sure you can quit it and no one will try to stop you, of course.

Cheers
I agree. At least in the J-drama industry, primetime dramas with low ratings can still run their planned number of episodes before ending naturally. If an American drama debuted to low ratings, it would probably be quickly cancelled *coughlikealotofFoxdramascough*.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 23rd, '07, 13:53

siantut wrote:Please do not be discouraged by the low rating. As I said before and times again, a low rating DOES NOT necessarily tell that a dorama is no good. And just because more japanese people watch a dorama also DOES NOT mean that a dorama with less viewers is a flop. What is a flop or not a flop does not depend on the majority and ratings. We all know too well that the majority is not always right and does not necessarily have the better taste or the better judgement. In most cases, I would rather not go with the majority. Please follow your own intuition and taste and interest and enjoy any dorama you like and do not let anyone or any rating influence you. If you like it, then like it. If you dont like it, then dont like it. Do not be bothered by what other people say. A man's medicine is another man's poison.
Cheers
Dear Siantut, I am totally with you on this. I am also do not care what rating of this drama says. I LOVE IT and this all matters to me. i was hooked on it from 1sp ep and every ep left me wanting so more. as a non-japanese fan i could not understand a word because of accent but even though i watched 2-3 times before subs were out. now with perfect siantut's subs, it makes it even more "magical" for me to watch.
this drama not like anyother drama and is different. a fresh idea, a fresh set, story, dialect, everything is not your normal every day drama. that is what makes it so unique and pleasant to watch.
not to forget that Tomoya/Taro/Akira looks so irresistable there. you can't have enough of him.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Oct 23rd, '07, 19:12

I have to agree with everyone. This drama really has the "magical" thing going on. Honesty, I never really like drama that take place back in time, but this drama is working for me. Nagase Tomoya is really wonderful. Even though, most of his roles are similar, he rocks at them. He just puts so much energy in his acting and it shows (for me as least haaha). Aibu Saki, umm,, i dunno, neutral about her. I watched her in Attention Please and I do agree she gives off an annoying vibe sometimes, but it is standable compare to others.

This drama saved me. I thought I was going to be suck with Yukan Club all fall season. (I think I am getting sick of manga-based comedy drama... so unrealistic)

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Oct 24th, '07, 11:42

strawberrynkiwi wrote:Tomoya is really wonderful. …He just puts so much energy in his acting and it shows (for me as least haaha).
And for my part too. :lol

I also saw Aibu in Attention Please. I didn’t like her and was worried after she was announced as co-actress. But her acting skills has improved a lot. And the chemistry between Aibu and Tomoya is just great. Didn’t expect it in the first place but I really enjoy watching her. She is “sweet”.
Last edited by Naiya on Oct 27th, '07, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Oct 26th, '07, 01:36

just finished ep 1, it's great....i feel kinda nostalgic....XD it's has many funny moment like :
when taro go to yamanouchi place he talk like yakuza....XD
and one more thing, aibu saki really fit with that oldies costume.... :wub: :wub:

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Oct 26th, '07, 16:00

Hello everyone!
Just thought I'd catch up on this forum and I'm glad to see that most people are enjoying the drama so far. I've only seen ep. 1 and while it seemed a little slow to me at first, it really got me hooked at the end and I hope that ep. 2 is even better.

The drama wasn't quite what I expected, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I kind of like the concept of the grandson thinking back to the past about his grandfather's life, etc. The chemistry between Aibu Saki and Nagase was surprisingly pretty good too.

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 28th, '07, 10:54

I have watched the Utahime....just the half of the 1st episode...and I don't really like it...at that time I did fall asleep, I think this series makes me bored. I don't know maybe the interesting part begins up the second half of the 1st episode or maybe later.

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Oct 28th, '07, 11:15

just watched the 1st ep and wait the subs for ep 2 and 3 , i like this drama, and aibu saki is not bad in this show :lol

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Oct 28th, '07, 13:19

In epi 3, who ever thought that Croissant no Matsu is actually a cry-baby. He's reaallly cute! I never thought the guy who wrapped himself with big-sized firecrackers was actually him. "Kakkowarui!!" lol.やっぱ、 IWGP コンビ最高.

I wish to see Taro wearing those garments given by Geruman bwahahaha
I'm starting to like Tosa-ben. Sukichiya, itaichiya, onegaishimasuki...those words are cute.

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 28th, '07, 13:35

lightsoul wrote:
In epi 3, who ever thought that Croissant no Matsu is actually a cry-baby. He's reaallly cute! I never thought the guy who wrapped himself with big-sized firecrackers was actually him. "Kakkowarui!!" lol.やっぱ、 IWGP コンビ最高.

I wish to see Taro wearing those garments given by Geruman bwahahaha
I'm starting to like Tosa-ben. Sukichiya, itaichiya, onegaishimasuki...those words are cute.
:lol :lol :lol so so so, i am stcuk on nan ja i hope is the right way of writing it) word, i have been saying that at home alot lately. :P

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Oct 29th, '07, 14:16

lightsoul wrote:I'm starting to like Tosa-ben. Sukichiya, itaichiya, onegaishimasuki...those words are cute.
Honma ja! Heh.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Nov 3rd, '07, 03:42

For some weird reason, I feel that Taro and Suzu will end up not being together. I feel the writers had set this up in the first episode. In the present, Akira loses his fiancée. The current theater owner, which could be either Suzu or Izumi's son, was talking on phone with his daughter about losing her fiancé. Maybe when Taro finally regain his memory, he remember that he is already married and had a daughter, Koizumi Sakura. Both father and daughter are talented singers. Of course we find out in the final episode that the daughter in Tokyo will look like Suzu.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Nov 3rd, '07, 04:52

XrayMind wrote:For some weird reason, I feel that Taro and Suzu will end up not being together.
You're definitely right...at least that's what the text on the home page spells out..."everyone thought their relationship would go well ..." that's what it says but he's probably married to someone else and will have to make a choice between that woman and Suzu?

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 3rd, '07, 05:28

XrayMind wrote:For some weird reason, I feel that Taro and Suzu will end up not being together. I feel the writers had set this up in the first episode. In the present, Akira loses his fiancée. The current theater owner, which could be either Suzu or Izumi's son, was talking on phone with his daughter about losing her fiancé. Maybe when Taro finally regain his memory, he remember that he is already married and had a daughter, Koizumi Sakura. Both father and daughter are talented singers. Of course we find out in the final episode that the daughter in Tokyo will look like Suzu.
i think so too..maybe Taro n Suzu will not get together but the scriptwriter might added some twist and make Akira to end up with Suzu's granddaughter :roll

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 3rd, '07, 17:32

Salz wrote: i think so too..maybe Taro n Suzu will not get together but the scriptwriter might added some twist and make Akira to end up with Suzu's granddaughter :roll
I would love to see more of Akira cos he's really funny. But there's no mention of Aibu Saki in a double role so far so not too sure if they'll show Suzu's granddaugther at all.

Actually it's very rather easy to guess who Taro and Suzu ends up with even from epi 1. Besides what raven_frost mentioned on the official homepage. The opening credits which has Taro leaving the theater was probably revealing.
In epi 1, we see the surname of Suzu's son to be Matsunaka on the letter. Couple of the TV magazines had Croissant no Matsu's surname as Matsunaka on the character introductions and there was a big pink line/heart mark linking Croissant and Suzu in the magazines.

Even for those who don't read the TV mags, for the more analytical...., the name "Crossiant no Matsu" was obviously a nickname since no parent in the right kind of mind will name their kids that. Crossiant's surname would be Matsusomething (Matsushima, Matsumoto, Matsukata, Matsunaka etc). Since no other character in the drama besides Croissant even had the character Matsu as part of their surname and Crossiant was of a compatible age with Suzu... even before epi 3 when we officially saw Crossiant falling in love with Suzu, it wasn't so diffcult to link that Matsu most likely stands for Matsunaka.
I absolutely love Crossiant! So adorable!!! Don't think i'm revealing spoilers since the actors mentioned the following on the various promos. Crossiant will in the later episodes prove himself to be a worthy suitor for Suzu

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Nov 3rd, '07, 19:34

Oh yea, I am guessing both Akira's grandfather and the theater owner's mother die on the same day. The two lovers that meant together, but never were.

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Nov 4th, '07, 11:18

kokitty wrote:
Salz wrote: i think so too..maybe Taro n Suzu will not get together but the scriptwriter might added some twist and make Akira to end up with Suzu's granddaughter :roll
I would love to see more of Akira cos he's really funny. But there's no mention of Aibu Saki in a double role so far so not too sure if they'll show Suzu's granddaugther at all.
You're right, kokitty, the first part of epi 1 indeed was so funny. Akira’s character makes me laugh a lot. I really hope we’ll see more of Akira in one of the last episodes. Would love to see the love-story comes to a happy end by Taro’s and Suzu’s grandchildren. And if it isn’t Aibu in a double role I hope we can see another actress who will appear as Ruriko. Really wish for that.
(btw two double roles would be too much for one drama, ne?)

XrayMind wrote:Oh yea, I am guessing both Akira's grandfather and the theater owner's mother die on the same day. The two lovers that meant together, but never were.
Maybe it’s not the same day, but we know they died almost at the same time. Just a coincidence???
Last edited by Naiya on Nov 5th, '07, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 4th, '07, 12:37

kokitty wrote:

Actually it's very rather easy to guess who Taro and Suzu ends up with even from epi 1. Besides what raven_frost mentioned on the official homepage. The opening credits which has Taro leaving the theater was probably revealing.
In epi 1, we see the surname of Suzu's son to be Matsunaka on the letter. Couple of the TV magazines had Croissant no Matsu's surname as Matsunaka on the character introductions and there was a big pink line/heart mark linking Croissant and Suzu in the magazines.

Even for those who don't read the TV mags, for the more analytical...., the name "Crossiant no Matsu" was obviously a nickname since no parent in the right kind of mind will name their kids that. Crossiant's surname would be Matsusomething (Matsushima, Matsumoto, Matsukata, Matsunaka etc). Since no other character in the drama besides Croissant even had the character Matsu as part of their surname and Crossiant was of a compatible age with Suzu... even before epi 3 when we officially saw Crossiant falling in love with Suzu, it wasn't so diffcult to link that Matsu most likely stands for Matsunaka.
I absolutely love Crossiant! So adorable!!! Don't think i'm revealing spoilers since the actors mentioned the following on the various promos. Crossiant will in the later episodes prove himself to be a worthy suitor for Suzu
yeah totally luv Croissant no Matsu character...
would be great also if he the one end up with Suzu...he is so adorable when meeting Suzu :D

lightsoul

Post by lightsoul » Nov 4th, '07, 13:56

Salz wrote: yeah totally luv Croissant no Matsu character...
would be great also if he the one end up with Suzu...he is so adorable when meeting Suzu :D
Well, you have your wish granted. :D

But the thing that Taro said to Croissant about Suzu at the end of episode 4 really melts my heart

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 4th, '07, 14:56

lightsoul wrote:
Salz wrote: yeah totally luv Croissant no Matsu character...
Well, you have your wish granted. :D

But the thing that Taro said to Croissant about Suzu at the end of episode 4 really melts my heart
havent watch ep4....my download took a very long time to finish :-(

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 4th, '07, 17:39

Episode 3 softsubs is uploaded, and I am now working on ep 4.

It's been a while since I last visited this thread. It is interesting to read people's speculations, though I would rather not to because I know it will spoil my enjoyment in watching it as it is airing. I love surprises and would rather give fresh sense and sensibilities to the writer and director and drama. i don't even like to see the trailers on each episode.
Just a note though, unless one obtains datas from external sources outside the drama itself, i don't think episode 1 will reveal whom Suzu will marry in the end, NOT until ep 3. For one thing, "Matsu" is an independent Japanese surname, a completely independent surname. To assume that it is a nick is not right, and no Japanese will do that either because we know that "Matsu" is a total surname. Only a non-japanese will think that "Matsu" is a nick or a shortened form of something longer. About it not being in the list of cast, we know that there are many characters that are not in the list of cast yet (Taro's wife, Suzu's granddaughter, and who knows who else), and I think we should open our mind about the possibility that someone else might appear later on although not mentioned yet anywhere, or that Suzu's marriage might not be part of the script but off-screen. I think it is still way too early in the dorama to give verdicts to things, especially this writer seems to love to make twists and surprises.
My motto: MUSHIN DE!!!! (empty your mind)

(Quote: Sabako)

LOL! It does help Taro to open up part of his loss memory.

Tananda

Post by Tananda » Nov 5th, '07, 00:13

I'm watching episode 3 right now- so awesome! I just love this series, Nagase always brings such life to his characters.

I am waiting for the overflow of Nande Ya Nen signatures. :D So cutte!

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 5th, '07, 01:47

siantut wrote:Episode 3 softsubs is uploaded, and I am now working on ep 4.

It's been a while since I last visited this thread. It is interesting to read people's speculations, though I would rather not to because I know it will spoil my enjoyment in watching it as it is airing. I love surprises and would rather give fresh sense and sensibilities to the writer and director and drama. i don't even like to see the trailers on each episode.
Just a note though, unless one obtains datas from external sources outside the drama itself, i don't think episode 1 will reveal whom Suzu will marry in the end, NOT until ep 3. For one thing, "Matsu" is an independent Japanese surname, a completely independent surname. To assume that it is a nick is not right, and no Japanese will do that either because we know that "Matsu" is a total surname. Only a non-japanese will think that "Matsu" is a nick or a shortened form of something longer. About it not being in the list of cast, we know that there are many characters that are not in the list of cast yet (Taro's wife, Suzu's granddaughter, and who knows who else), and I think we should open our mind about the possibility that someone else might appear later on although not mentioned yet anywhere, or that Suzu's marriage might not be part of the script but off-screen. I think it is still way too early in the dorama to give verdicts to things, especially this writer seems to love to make twists and surprises.

Aren't you glad there is actually a spoiler function here and people on this thread have been considerate enough to use it? Very much agreed that some people would rather not speculate nor want to read any speculations abt the ending and that's what the spoiler hide function is for LOL. For those who love surprises and want to give fresh sense and sensibilities to the production team like @saintut... i'm feeling kinna cheeky today so... " Darn it people!!! Don't click on spoiler options if you love surprises!!! Why on earth are you people reading spoilers which others have kindly hidden them of consideration for you?!!!" Previews for next episode are also left towards the end after the ending credits for a good reason. Hopefully all the spoiler haters are smart to behave like @siantut and NOT watch it.

Abt the Matsu speculation
I'm not the best person to guage whether some people were able to link with Matsu with Matsunaka was indeed cos of external information since my mind was already so "spoiled" by all the external information.

You're definitely right that without the "help" of external information, not everyone will be able to link Matsu and Matsunaka just from epi 1. But while we are at it, maybe by epi 3, without the help of external information,some people will not be able to equate Matsunaka = Suzu's son either. I have read comments abt Matsunaka could be Izumi's son too etc, least those who didn't take note of Izumi's husband's surname.

Everyone's perception is shaped by the amt of information they are willing to receive and how much the brain over/underanalyses stuff. To say something as "it's not right to assume Matsu is a nick. Only a non-japanese will think that "Matsu" is a nick or a shortened form of something longer." is perhaps a little too presumptuous don't you think? Those who overanalysed thought that "Crossiant no Matsu" could be a nick since they thought it sounded kinna weird for Crossiant as a real name. Anyone with an elementary knowledge of Japanese could know that "Matsu" is also an independent surname too, you don't need to be a native Japanese to know that. But all the "Matsusomething" surnames are very common surnames so it's not that inconceivable for people to link Matsu to the "Matsusomething' surnames too. As for whether ONLY a non japanese will link Matsu to "Matsusomething", well, with japanese so fond of blogging these days, and all those 2ch and mixi stuff, it's never that difficult to find out what some japanese are thinking right? Maybe ordinary japanese viewers will not do the linking, but are we to deny there are some "overanalysers" out there who managed to link? "Only a non-japanese would" would not be very kind to them even if they are in the minority.

Maybe i had caused some misunderstandings by not overemphasizing enough it was SOME people who OVERANAYLSED who created the ideas abt linking Matsu = Matusnaka since epi 1. Maybe phrasing it as "the more analytical lot" wasn't strong enough wording which i do have to take note in future. Find it fun to read all comments, be it over/under analysing.. the "overanalysers" are indeed responsible for "breaking" some of the "greatest mysteries in recent dramas" way in advance for example the alphabet name link in UNFAIR which still has me in awe when it comes to how detailed they are lol.

A lot of people usually just want to "select" a mate from the available characters, while you're right to point out we could also open our minds and not "restrict" Suzu to the list of characters already introduced, i guess Matsu = Matsunaka linkers took the convenient way of thinking. Wish i had your intelligence to point out this "openess" of thinking yrs back when people were busy 'arguing" who Kimutaku will end up with in Long Vacation/Love Generation or some of the more popular love dramas these days (the recent Prodai thread which argued for pages who Rei would or should choose was a good indication)... "Maybe they will end up with yet to be introduced character" would have settled all the "debates" and saved everyone a lot of time LOL.
For me, "empty your mind" is just a smaller part of "open your mind". I would very much rather keep an open mind, be respectful and tolerant of all different ideas and thoughts, it usually makes discussions more enjoyable. I've been a very lazy person when it comes to Utahime, since paying attention to Nagase's face and body takes up most of my brain energy for this drama. I don't even have the capacity to over/under analyse since i already have all the spoilers thrown at me from fanatic fans who travel half way cross the country to serve as extras in the drama. Having said that i've enjoyed reading all the different ways of analysing and am greatful for anyone who discusses or blogs abt this.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 5th, '07, 04:07

kokitty wrote:
siantut wrote:Episode 3 softsubs is uploaded, and I am now working on ep 4.

Aren't you glad there is actually a spoiler function here and people on this thread have been considerate enough to use it? Very much agreed that some people would rather not speculate nor want to read any speculations abt the ending and that's what the spoiler hide function is for LOL. For those who love surprises and want to give fresh sense and sensibilities to the production team like @saintut... i'm feeling kinna cheeky today so... " Darn it people!!! Don't click on spoiler options if you love surprises!!! Why on earth are you people reading spoilers which others have kindly hidden them of consideration for you?!!!" Previews for next episode are also left towards the end after the ending credits for a good reason. Hopefully all the spoiler haters are smart to behave like @siantut and NOT watch it.

Abt the Matsu speculation
I'm not the best person to guage whether some people were able to link with Matsu with Matsunaka was indeed cos of external information since my mind was already so "spoiled" by all the external information.

You're definitely right that without the "help" of external information, not everyone will be able to link Matsu and Matsunaka just from epi 1. But while we are at it, maybe by epi 3, without the help of external information,some people will not be able to equate Matsunaka = Suzu's son either. I have read comments abt Matsunaka could be Izumi's son too etc, least those who didn't take note of Izumi's husband's surname.

Everyone's perception is shaped by the amt of information they are willing to receive and how much the brain over/underanalyses stuff. To say something as "it's not right to assume Matsu is a nick. Only a non-japanese will think that "Matsu" is a nick or a shortened form of something longer." is perhaps a little too presumptuous don't you think? Those who overanalysed thought that "Crossiant no Matsu" could be a nick since they thought it sounded kinna weird for Crossiant as a real name. Anyone with an elementary knowledge of Japanese could know that "Matsu" is also an independent surname too, you don't need to be a native Japanese to know that. But all the "Matsusomething" surnames are very common surnames so it's not that inconceivable for people to link Matsu to the "Matsusomething' surnames too. As for whether ONLY a non japanese will link Matsu to "Matsusomething", well, with japanese so fond of blogging these days, and all those 2ch and mixi stuff, it's never that difficult to find out what some japanese are thinking right? Maybe ordinary japanese viewers will not do the linking, but are we to deny there are some "overanalysers" out there who managed to link? "Only a non-japanese would" would not be very kind to them even if they are in the minority.

Maybe i had caused some misunderstandings by not overemphasizing enough it was SOME people who OVERANAYLSED who created the ideas abt linking Matsu = Matusnaka since epi 1. Maybe phrasing it as "the more analytical lot" wasn't strong enough wording which i do have to take note in future. Find it fun to read all comments, be it over/under analysing.. the "overanalysers" are indeed responsible for "breaking" some of the "greatest mysteries in recent dramas" way in advance for example the alphabet name link in UNFAIR which still has me in awe when it comes to how detailed they are lol.

A lot of people usually just want to "select" a mate from the available characters, while you're right to point out we could also open our minds and not "restrict" Suzu to the list of characters already introduced, i guess Matsu = Matsunaka linkers took the convenient way of thinking. Wish i had your intelligence to point out this "openess" of thinking yrs back when people were busy 'arguing" who Kimutaku will end up with in Long Vacation/Love Generation or some of the more popular love dramas these days (the recent Prodai thread which argued for pages who Rei would or should choose was a good indication)... "Maybe they will end up with yet to be introduced character" would have settled all the "debates" and saved everyone a lot of time LOL.
For me, "empty your mind" is just a smaller part of "open your mind". I would very much rather keep an open mind, be respectful and tolerant of all different ideas and thoughts, it usually makes discussions more enjoyable. I've been a very lazy person when it comes to Utahime, since paying attention to Nagase's face and body takes up most of my brain energy for this drama. I don't even have the capacity to over/under analyse since i already have all the spoilers thrown at me from fanatic fans who travel half way cross the country to serve as extras in the drama. Having said that i've enjoyed reading all the different ways of analysing and am greatful for anyone who discusses or blogs abt this.
That's true, we should be grateful that there is spoiler function here, I never usually click them unless it is introduced first with a line or two from the poster that will make me feel a bit safe I can open them without worrying it might reveal something I didn't know about yet, especially if it is not a dorama I am subbing. If it is introuduced with some words or two about what it is all about and I know that the subject matter is no spoiler for me at all, I will sometimes click them although I would say it is still rare for me. Too bad I cannot avoid seeing the trailers because I will need to use the ending space for "advertising" about Tomoya's birthday and Homepage, but I don't pay much attention to the trailer itself.

Abot the Matsu thing:
I think if people think that Matsunaka in ep 1 could be Izumi's son because one does not note Izumi's husband's name nor obtain from external resources, it is obviously a wrong deduction because why would Izumi leave a will saying the movie about Suzu and Taro should be the last show? As much as Izumi caring for Suzu and Taro, the probability is bigger for it to be Suzu herself who asked this movie to be the last show, instead of Izumi, who basically lived in Tokyo and did not have anything much to do with the movie theater in Tosa Shimizu after her marriage.

In case people misread what I said about the nick thingie, I never said that "Croissant no Matsu" is not a nick, it is of course a nick! No Japanese parents would name their son anything with "Croissant" in it. What I said is that "Matsu" is not a nick nor a part of a longer surname but a complete surname, while "Croissant no Matsu" is of course a nick (good to know that the surname "Matsu" is also known to non-Japanese because from the way it was written/explained, it sounds as if "Matsu" is assumed as a nick and could only be a shortened form of a longer surname). However I do missed out saying "No Japanese who have not obtained any info from external sources outside the drama itself will link the 2 surnames". It was included in my meaning and I thought it was clear, but I guess it called for misinterpretation. If there are a few Japanese people linking Matsu and Matsunaka, it could be because they already read or saw those external sources you said are already abound in japanese TV magazines or other websites or blogs even since before the drama started, plus don't forget that the story was known already to a lot of japanese who have seen it in the play or read about the play's storyline or interviews in magazines. Tomoya himself said that he went to see the play and already knew the story.

Unfortunately a lot of people on the internet would also rather show or give the impression it is their original ideas or findings when they post messages or infos on the internet, to show how smart they are to "find out" things by themselves which would later prove correct, or perhaps they did not bother to mention their sources or credit anyone.

Therefore, I believe that any Japanese who has not read, see, hear or obtain these information from external sources will never link the two totally different surnames, if some really do, then it is really a rather over- imagination on their part and are mere presumptions. I would rather not use the word "anlayze" here, not even "over-analyze", but "imagine". "Analyze", I believe, has more to do with our deductive and logical function, while "imagine" has more to do with imagination and jumping to conclusion by way of more non-logical or deductive method. But again I am no linguist nor brain-specialist.
Yes I also think that "Musin de" is not only "empty your mind" but also "open your mind", in any case it is what helps Taro after he closed his eyes and made his mind blank and open. For me in relation to this drama, to open one's mind means to accept various opinions though not necessarily having to adopt them, plus opening one's mind to various open possibilities in the drama (about mate or not) when it is still in its early 1-2-3 episodes or so, which will make viewing the later episodes more enjoyable as there are more possibilities and surprises to look forwards to, rather than limiting it to just to a few fixed predictions which might prove wrong if the writer is smart enough in "deceiving" us as the drama airs on.

PS. BTW, if one subscribes to a thread to receiving email messages, those spoilers will come right in the email, I think. I do not subscribe to threads here, but I know for sure that this is the case with my own forum. No matter how one hides the spoilers, the whole thing will still be readable in the email without any spoiler tags, of course.

Ah, it is interesting that you mentioned LV and LG, but with regards to Takuya's older doramas, NM (Nemureru Mori) would be more appropriate to support the argument about having an open mind about the various possibilities of an ending or mating. People who debated with whom Wataru would end up in Hakusen Nagashi did waste their time though, as he married a completely new character introduced later on, though another twist of event would show up again later. Same things with older doramas like Hoshi No Kinka and Hitotsu Yane no Shita. Debating with whom Sakai Noriko would end up with turned out to be useless even if enjoyable to read. Theoritically, pertaining to the performing arts especially, we are all in the hands of the scriptwriter/producer, right to the last minute. Anything goes.
Last edited by siantut on Nov 5th, '07, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

Naiya

Post by Naiya » Nov 5th, '07, 14:46

It’s very interesting to read your discussion about the “Matsu thing”. But I’m from Europe. So my speculation was quite different.
I’m no Japanese and don’t know nothing about to get surnames in Japan. I stumbled upon the same 5 characters in their names. Matsu – Matsunaka!!! To me it looked like a spoiler and somehow it reminds me of Eastern parts of Europe where it is common to use attachments at surnames to show the relationship between family members. For instance: If Mister Iruna marries a woman his wife is called Iruna-kowa. (means -kowa is the attachment to show she’s wife of Iruna).
That’s why I assumed Matsu-naka must be the son of Mr. Matsu. To me the ending -naka looked like an attachment which can be used for surnames of sons.

Well, I know now my imagination was completely wrong. Anyway, it was fun to play with the words and by coincidence it leads to right conclusion.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Nov 5th, '07, 15:24

Naiya wrote:It’s very interesting to read your discussion about the “Matsu thing”. But I’m from Europe. So my speculation was quite different.
I’m no Japanese and don’t know nothing about to get surnames in Japan. I stumbled upon the same 5 characters in their names. Matsu – Matsunaka!!! To me it looked like a spoiler and somehow it reminds me of Eastern parts of Europe where it is common to use attachments at surnames to show the relationship between family members. For instance: If Mister Iruna marries a woman his wife is called Iruna-kowa. (means -kowa is the attachment to show she’s wife of Iruna).
That’s why I assumed Matsu-naka must be the son of Mr. Matsu. To me the ending -naka looked like an attachment which can be used for surnames of sons.

Well, I know now my imagination was completely wrong. Anyway, it was fun to play with the words and by coincidence it leads to right conclusion.
To Naiya:
Naiya, yes, it is very interesting how you came to the right conclusion by connecting "Matsu" and "Matsunaka". It is almost like concluding that Matsu Takako is the daughter of Matsumoto Koshiro because they have the same "Matsu". Had you guessed that Matsu Takako was the daughter of Matsumoto Koshiro because their names have the same word "Matsu", you would have hit the target right again! (Matsu Takako is indeed the daughter of Matsumoto Koshiro, her name Matsu Takako is not her real name)
What you did with this guessing but hitting the right target proves that a lot of times, imagination and free-floating thinking could be better than analytical arguments or concrete facts so yes don't stop imagining if you enjoy doing so. The best approach to the Arts is by way of imagination anyway. Enlightenments come at unpredictable places and moments.....again if we "MUSHIN DE!!!!!" LOL.....

I find Sabako amusing. I can't believe Saito Yuki acting as Sabako, but maybe she was selected because she was strong at acting in stage plays too, she was excellent in a play directed and written by Mitani Kouki. Whenever I saw her, I remember her when she was an idol singing "Yume No Naka E"

Oh I found a video of her singing the song in YouTube
http://video.1st-game.net/youtube/v_vcYbvvGD0sk.html
Just to show a young "Sabako" :D
Enjoy! :D

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Nov 5th, '07, 18:08

I loved seeing that video of Saito Yuki! *chuckle* I'm gonna be remembering her performance anytime I'm watching KareKano's end credits from now on. LOL
It also give me an extra appreciation of how everyone had so much faith in her in episode 2 during the Contest. Her doing the ad for the inn without singing becomes much funnier when you know she can sing like that.

Very cool!

Anyhow, I just seem to love this series even more after each episode! The characters are all just so great!

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Nov 11th, '07, 00:45

as usual, a drama starring Tomoya makes me laugh my a** off.. the 3 first eps are definitely hilarious and in the same time quite elaborated with an air of vintage. besides there's Sato Ryuta whose acting becomes more and more versatile, I really love him a lot ! the final scene of 3rd ep was absolutely funny, even at first I didn't like Aibu Saki to be the main actress (i know it wasn't me to decide) but she's good. **** for it first !

Arantius

Post by Arantius » Nov 20th, '07, 16:49

I gave a try for first episode last night and damn, I was hooked and downloaded all episodes available so far. This is such a good drama. Very much different from what I've been watching now. It gives me a fresh feeling. Finally, I can get rid of school dramas, at least for a while. Heard the ratings were not as good as expected but I don't give a damn about ratings. It's just a matter of numbers.

I'm glad siantut subs this drama. Everyone should watch this. Highly recommended. Am currently at episode 4 now. Will be continuing episode 5 right after finishing it. Guttokitazeyo!

Chok

Post by Chok » Nov 21st, '07, 01:00

i really love this dorama
thx for subbing it, and i don't care for audience ratings too

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 21st, '07, 01:19

Arantius wrote:I gave a try for first episode last night and damn, I was hooked and downloaded all episodes available so far. This is such a good drama. Very much different from what I've been watching now. It gives me a fresh feeling. Finally, I can get rid of school dramas, at least for a while. Heard the ratings were not as good as expected but I don't give a damn about ratings. It's just a matter of numbers.

I'm glad siantut subs this drama. Everyone should watch this. Highly recommended. Am currently at episode 4 now. Will be continuing episode 5 right after finishing it. Guttokitazeyo!
yep, as soon as you start watching this drama, you will be hooked on it for ever. as you said, Utahime is breath of fresh air, nothing similar to any drama that i have seen recently. just so unique on its own way. i also was tired of school dramas or manga based dramas. needed something different. not to forget that Taro-chan is just LOVE. :wub:

Arantius

Post by Arantius » Nov 21st, '07, 10:12

Ok one question after finishing episode 4 and 5 (damn episode 5 was hilarious!! I couldn't stop myself laughing on Croissant and Taro screentime)
Taro worried so much about losing his memories with Suzu and the family if he regains his past memories. I'm not expert in this but is it possible to lose our current memories if we get back our past memories?
I hope more people will come to discuss about this drama. Very rare kind of drama. Croissant is such a funny guy. I really wanted to watch episode 6 raw but I think I'll just wait the subs patiently. Great job, siantut.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Nov 21st, '07, 17:55

^^ i will come and discuss, but i really don't have much to say. I dunno the Japanese culture enough to make some theory or guess into the whole relationship between Matsu, Taro and Suzu. I enjoy reading everyone's post though. This is a great drama, equal to Galileo for me.

kslecar

Post by kslecar » Nov 21st, '07, 22:45

I've been mainly a lurker on the d-addicts boards, usually just thanking the wonderful folks here who upload the dramas and provide the subtitles, but I came across this website, which might be of some interest to Utahime fans : http://shishido0.tripod.com/

It's a website about the Nikkatsu action movies (like the one Taro brings back in Episode 1). The website has links to profiles of some of the stars of that studio, including the two namesakes of the grandchildren in Utahime, Ruriko Asaoka and Akira Kobayashi (also known as 'Mr. Dynamite')

Enjoy!

:-)

Jim.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '07, 00:11

i love to read more discussion about utahime. i have been watching evey ep (more than once) and everytime i discover something new.
regarding the memory

i am no expert, but i also found it strange that he could lose his present memory if he regained his past one. its not like he will have another memory loss but this time with his recent ones. but we have to remember that story is suppose to be in 60s (i think) so at that time medical world were not advance in everything to do with these cases. as the sensei said himself that he is not really sure what will happen in his case.
as for grandchildren
me and someother members think that
they will end uptogether. as Taro and suzu's love could not get any where, so it will be continued through their grandchildren.
saying this, i still have problem accepting suzu as taro's lover. even though she is so cute
lookingforward for more talk about utahime

Arantius

Post by Arantius » Nov 23rd, '07, 12:23

OK so I figure out that
Taro's name before he lost his memory is Yuu-san
Am I right?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 24th, '07, 23:47

anyone remember when OST supposed to be out? OSTs for some of other doramas of this season are released already so I guess the one for Utahime can be expected anytime as well ^_^