[Discussion] Elite Yankee Saburo

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How did you find you find Elite Yankee Saburou?

Laughed till my nose bleed Sir!
63%
Good for a chuckle.
31%
I didn't care either way.
No votes
If you're bored...
6%

Total votes: 16

vulgarshudder

[Discussion] Elite Yankee Saburo

Post by vulgarshudder » Jul 15th, '07, 13:57

Well I thought Elite Yankee Saburou deserved a discussion thread!

One of my favourite characters is Ishi, his ideas of the 'the man's way' and traditional honour crack me up. One of my favourite moments is in ep 3 when
the gang members are trying to distract him by saying there are a horse legion coming, and he's all 'there's no horses!! and...if there were...we'd jump on them and ride them' :lol
Of course the money scheming Kawai gives alot of laughs too :lol

Although most of the cast looks waaaay too old to be high school students, I think that's just part of the sillyness of this series and just works. You soon forget some of them are in their 50s lol.

It's a silly over the top series, but I've laughed so much!

EDIT: I messed up the last option for the poll...uh a bit of a bakayaro moment there m(_ _)m

melich

Post by melich » Jul 15th, '07, 14:24

I love the character ishi takeshi too! i've seen episodes 1-3 at least twice.. the episodes definitely deserve a repeat watch! glad this series got subbed, soo funny~

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jul 15th, '07, 15:41

lol... I wish I had Ishi's dedication and energy! :lol

Maeda is another favourite of mine, I like that sneaky nature of his. It was sooo funny when he was supposed to "clear" everything with the teacher and then waved at Saburo... :-)

I hope they'll release a soundtrack for this series.

EDIT: I just remembered what I thought was the funniest moment in this series. Don't remember the ep but it was during the basketball game when that masked guy "Yamada" was introduced and he said "ohayou gozaimasu" in broken japanese. Just couldn't stop laughing at that one... :lol

squall789

Post by squall789 » Aug 5th, '07, 17:20

wow.
Its such a good drama and only like 2 replies in the Discussion thread, my japanese is good enough to understand whats going on in the show and im LOVING IT.

Learning random slang every episode actually haha.
My favirote Character HAS to be Kawai, his over the top obsession with scamming people and earning money at almost any cost is brilliant.
Image "The Pinnicle in Console and PC game modding and Exploration"

dante_tha_don

Post by dante_tha_don » Aug 6th, '07, 06:54

Really funny show especialy the random jokes coming out of nowhere/absurd situations. I bursted out laughing in the first episode with the dog moment. It was just great. This series resembles jmovie based on manga that was also great and cast was way too old to go to school.
I dont remember thename but there was a scene on plane where terrorist came ando one of students got to be a boss. tak saeguchi was in it.

reynardine

Post by reynardine » Aug 6th, '07, 23:49

dante_tha_don wrote: This series resembles jmovie based on manga that was also great and cast was way too old to go to school.
I dont remember thename but there was a scene on plane where terrorist came ando one of students got to be a boss. tak saeguchi was in it.
I think the movie you're referring to is Cromartie High School, although Tak Sakaguchi isn't in that one. He's in another hilarious delinquent high school movie called Battlefield Baseball. Both movies are wildly funny and over the top.

dante_tha_don

Post by dante_tha_don » Aug 7th, '07, 06:41

^^^^
Sorry but i remembered well
Sakigake!! Kuromati Kôkô: The Movie
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1056120/
He plays the friend that didnt get accepted to te school(as i remember it was small part).
But its not important. As for the Battlefield it was crazy and super funny.
I have question are there any other dramas like Elite Yankee Saburou ?

JonnyFreeze

Post by JonnyFreeze » Aug 12th, '07, 08:23

yeah Tak was in both movies and actually is working on his directorial debut:

Actor Tak Sakaguchi (Versus, Death Trance, SHINOBI) is making his screenwriting and directing debut with a live-action movie based on Sakigake!! Otoko Juku, Akira Miyashita's classic Weekly Shonen Jump fighting manga. The 1985-91 manga about a boys' private school for delinquents sold 26 million volumes and already inspired a 1988 animated television series and movie. Shooting began this past April for a projected early spring release next year. Sakaguchi is playing the lead Momotarō, while the actor Shōei plays his friend Genji

back onto the subject though, EYS is so funny. i first caught an episode of it while i was in Japan and was overjoyed to find the raws for it on here. i watched every episode as it was released with no subs and found it to be hilarious. my Japanese is incredibly limited too but anyone can enjoy this show im sure

fyxyse_chan

Post by fyxyse_chan » Sep 9th, '07, 12:00

i do like dis story.funny as hell !!!

but sometimes d hentai-ness is just too much for me...

still...i'm gonna continue watching it...

can't wait for d next sub :-)
credit maxie-chan

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Sep 16th, '07, 09:01

Hehe I had to watch ep4 because dling 1-3 too slowly, the waiting was killing xD. Anyway, I think it's a great show, can't wait until I get the other eps aswell!