[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Mar 31st, '08, 18:03

phantombeast I don't think you're alone in this. :whistling: I have also finished dramas in as little as 2 days, watching episode after episode (since they're all out) or craving to see the next episode (if they're in the process of being subbed). I've also watched entire dramas more than once, including Hana Kimi. I get HK withdrawals from time to time, and you'll be glad to know that the SP is coming out! Anyway, I think most of us on here are drama addicts to some extent :P

I also got sucked into the Ikuta Toma fandom after watching @Deep and Hana Kimi, and now Honey and Clover. He's an incredibly talented actor :thumleft:

zeox

Re: Withdrawls

Post by zeox » Mar 31st, '08, 20:10

phantombeast wrote:Hi, first post. I've downloaded a lot from here, but never made an account. And after finishing HanaKimi, I think I have to.

So I think it's fitting I joined D-Addicts, because I'm going through withdrawls. I know this might sound like I'm some fanboy or otaku (diff?), but it's not even a joke. I watched the first 7 episodes last night, and the last 6 today. I stopped only for sleep. Which isn't unusual for me. If all the episodes are available and you have free time (I was home sick this weekend) why not? I watched all of PGSM in a week. So I'm not exactly sure what's wrong.

I feel kinda shakey, my stomach has that empty feeling like hunger (it's not), and I can't get the Orange Range song out of my head. I actually had to rewatch the first half an hour of episode 1 just to get me through the day. I stopped my homework tonight, just to write about it here and in my blog. And it's almost 1AM, I finished the series at like 6PM.

I get I sound crazy, cause if I was reading this, I'd be like "Get away for the computer, and get a life". Which I plan to do tomorrow. I'm not against getting help.

This was only my second JDrama. The first was Akihabara@Deep. I was pretty entranced by it, but it didn't leave me with this gut wrenching feeling. Maybe it's Ikuta Toma's fault. He was Box in @DEEP. Maybe he's my drug. Hehe.

Am I alone in this? Did I just get too attached? Was it a good story ending so fast (12 hours with one break) mixed with getting over a fever that did this to me? Does everyone else get so immersed in the characters and the story? I just wanna make sure I'll be alright to watch the other 70gigs I have downloaded.

Maybe I need someone to talk me down. Maybe I need friends who watched it. Maybe I just wish it wasn't over?

K, I'll end my life story. Thanks for listening.
Let me assure you, you are not alone in this. I felt the exact same way watching HamaKimi. The biggest problem I had when I watched it was that I didn't have anyone to talk to while I was watching it, making me think about it even more.
And yeah, Ikuta Toma is great in HanaKimi :D

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Apr 2nd, '08, 04:55

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 2nd, '08, 05:00

^^OMG where did you get those pictures??? Sano's hair looks different in the last pic. I'm even anticipating the SP even more now!

Thanks for posting!

wing_goddess

Post by wing_goddess » Apr 2nd, '08, 05:34

I'm sorry but Sano's hair just makes me laugh for some reason XD
"From now on imagine all you want and look forward to it." - Ikuta Toma

wanpo

Post by wanpo » Apr 2nd, '08, 05:46

wing_goddess wrote:I'm sorry but Sano's hair just makes me laugh for some reason XD
true... actually he shoulda kept the hair he had in binbo danshi lol

phantombeast

Re: Withdrawals

Post by phantombeast » Apr 2nd, '08, 06:14

Thanks for those who gave advice about my "withdrawals". 12 episodes straight may have just been too much for me in one sitting. I'll need to space out my viewing for series' that short. Hopefully the Special doesn't make me relapse. Hehe. I'll just have to visit here more often, too.

And that pic of Sano looks like he went to Katie Holmes' hairstylist.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 2nd, '08, 06:34

Stare at Sano's hair *__* and Mizuki playing soccer ?? XDDD omg I can't wait !!!

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 2nd, '08, 07:39

Shun nandeeeeeeeeeee??
ur hair dun really suit u this time^^"
hope u will cut other style soon

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » Apr 2nd, '08, 08:17

Dang... haven't read any news about Mizushima Hiro taking part in HanaKimi SP... Doesn't ANYone know? ;.;

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Apr 2nd, '08, 09:47

random HK SP pics
credits to schizoo

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 2nd, '08, 14:17

ooh more pictures! Yusuke looks adorable as always. And the last pic...*stares. I wonder what cracked out plot the SP will have in store for us.

Reikonan

Post by Reikonan » Apr 2nd, '08, 18:16

hello!

this is my first post at the hana kimi thread (and I think in the whole d-addicts as well...not sure though) just because hana kimi is <333333

i finished the drama in three days because I was busy with work...hehe...but i'm proud to say, that was the fastest time I've ever watched a drama. Even HYD, which I also extremely like, did not beat it. Maybe it is because of the lightness of the story and the crazy characters that did it.

I'm also excited with the SP. The last episode was a super cliff-hanger don't you think? I wish there was a Hana Kimi 2 but this will suffice for now.

I hope I am welcome here.

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Apr 2nd, '08, 20:03

OMG........ :w00t:
There's gonna be a Hana-Kimi SP...**SHOCKED**>>>I just knew that :P
are they making it right now??when is it coming out!!??
are these snap-shots from the SP???>>>>Sano is wearing a funny wig :blink heheheh :lol

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 2nd, '08, 21:45

That's Sano's (Oguri Shun) real hair :roll

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Apr 3rd, '08, 03:57

much clearer scan from the previous one i posted..

ashiya's turn..

BABBBBYYY!! hehe..

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 3rd, '08, 04:11

^^awww Ashiya is adorable as usual.

Reikonan welcome! I loved watching Hana Kimi too, with the awesome storyline and cracked out characters :lol

Yvon

Shun's hair looks like a wig...it seem like he copied Maki's

Post by Yvon » Apr 3rd, '08, 04:55

Maki looks cool playing soccer.While Shun looks ugly with that kind of hair.
Himejima/Masao looks very funny being an afro man :D And as always,Toma looks cute and I like that picture of him with Maki enjoying each other's company. :wub:
Anyway,I think Julia will be suitable to Becky.The picture of Julia there looks like Becky or maybe the girl from Yukan club just as other people say in the other page..

(Opo...maraming pong pilipino dito lalo na sa jdorama at asianfanatics)
ImageImage

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 3rd, '08, 06:19

what's with the hair band on Toma's head O_o did he wear that in the drama in that scene too? I just noticed his shaved armpits..I wonder if he shaved it again ^^;

kuru_kuru

Post by kuru_kuru » Apr 5th, '08, 12:44

kyaa.. what a cute picture... Nakatsuu... :wub:

@yvon, I didnt notice that the guy with afro style is Oscar... :P

I love Oscar character so much... He's so funny... cant hardly wait to see his action... :D

dindaputri

Post by dindaputri » Apr 5th, '08, 16:13

i cant wait to watch hanakimi sp!!

:wub: :wub:

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » Apr 7th, '08, 03:24

OMG!!! Mizuki looks like a kawaii boy.. Hahahahaha.. This dorama got me addicted so I can't wait for the SP!! *fainted*

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Apr 8th, '08, 01:27

if you guys haven't already, you should check out the awesome Unleash the Geek blog, who is translating all of the HanaKimi related blogs (well, with the exception of Toma's, just because you have to subscribe to his) - and there's spoilers for the SP too.

http://unleashthegeek.blogspot.com
:wub:

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 8th, '08, 01:31

^^ooh, thanks for the link! Nice to hear about what's going on during filming.

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Apr 8th, '08, 03:23

man.. I miss this thread... :lol
and the whole d-addicts thread since I became toma fan..i only spend most of my time in tomalicious forum

:roll

so happy to be back.. hehe... im so looking forward to hkj sp :wub:

taicho

Post by taicho » Apr 8th, '08, 07:15

i cant wait to watch the sp!!!!im so excited.....!!!! although i know this sp will focus more on sano/mizuki relationship (which is frustating argghh. :cussing: )cos i love nakatsu/mizuki hehehe

but i dont care if nakatsu/mizuki is not together as long as maki-chan and toma-kun is together Thats FINE WITH ME!!! lol :D

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Apr 9th, '08, 13:45

credits to baidu

from Wink Up Magazine

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 9th, '08, 16:01

^ uhm .. it makes me feel that the special will take place after Sano tells Mizuki to stay.. ?

How I wish they make it after the ending...

smarty11223

Post by smarty11223 » Apr 9th, '08, 22:50

i'm still wondering..... when does the special come out?
:thumright::-) :lol :D Azn Rocks :-) :lol :P :thumleft:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 10th, '08, 02:56

smarty11223 wrote:i'm still wondering..... when does the special come out?
I'm guessing around June when some dramas finish airing and they need fillers for shorter episode dramas before the summer season starts.

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Apr 11th, '08, 16:19

credits: baidu

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 11th, '08, 16:53

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i luv the first scans^^
SanoMizuki sleeping together<3
so close
hope there gonna be HQ scans for all the pics^^
haha what with Toma fake tattoo??

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 11th, '08, 17:26

does Hiro act in this SP??
i dun hear any news that say he gonna be in the SP and also no pic of him at all^^"
im gonna be so sad if there is no Nanba senpai in the SP:(

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Apr 11th, '08, 17:36

been wondering too if Hiro will be in the SP, there were no pics, no news nor indications in other casts' blogs as translated in unleashthegeek's blog..

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 11th, '08, 18:03

Salz wrote: haha what with Toma fake tattoo??
It's not a tattoo. It's just words written on his arm with a marker probably. People draw stuff or write stuff on their body to do cheers for teams during competitions.

RoosterMcTey

Post by RoosterMcTey » Apr 12th, '08, 03:11

meoinkie2 wrote:been wondering too if Hiro will be in the SP, there were no pics, no news nor indications in other casts' blogs as translated in unleashthegeek's blog..
Yeah...huh. I've got a friend who translates Toma's blog and he mentioned filming started March 20th; he mentioned finishing the special around April 10th. Between then, he mentions other cast members; last mention on March 1st - he posted about getting together with Oguri, Mizushima, Yamamoto Yusuke and someone else from Hana Kimi and talked about how much he liked to stay in touch with them. But no Mizushima post March 1.
So...I mean, that's not terribly sound evidence given that he never mentions Maki either and we all know she's in it.
:lol
Just, after the lunch date, no confirmation (at least not from Toma!)

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 12th, '08, 03:30

Salz wrote:kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i luv the first scans^^
SanoMizuki sleeping together<3
so close
Ahhhhhh I love them too! There was only one scene of them sleeping together in the drama, but those were my favourite parts in the manga. Awww.

So there seems to be a lot of sports going on in the SP, soccer and now swimming. Maybe it's some sort of school competition? :blink

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 12th, '08, 05:15

there always sports or festival in Hana Kimi drama^^"
there will always be something for them to celebrate
yeah in the manga SanoMizuki sleep together many time but only once in drama...
thats why im more excited bout the SP now after saw the pic^^

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Apr 12th, '08, 05:57

hahah.. ayh.... there goign to be a scence with Mizuki and Sano in be... i'm happy.. i hope it liek the manga... that feelign i get...i want sano thoughts.. i love that part in the manga.. knowing Sano's pervy thoguths....
-Nakamaru Trips Jin
-Live talk with JE fans join: http://chatshack.net/nanatorigawa
Gokusen 3 diary- http://community.livejournal.com/gokusen_diary/
-currently watching- Hachikuro
call- hachikuro miteyo

dokushake

Post by dokushake » Apr 12th, '08, 17:04

my heart stop beating after seing sano n mizuki sleeping together kyaaaaaaaaaa! :wub: :wub: :wub:

silentblvd

Post by silentblvd » Apr 12th, '08, 20:44

:lol where did you guys get the idea that there's no Hiro/Nanba-sempai in the SP? Absolute Boyfriend (or Zettai Kareshi) is also a Fuji production so I'm sure they'd make sure he'd be available to film for Hana Kimi. Also, there's been more updates to unleash the geek, where there were extras reports from the set that said he was involved - and the newest pictures of Tennouji-san, he's sitting by Nanba and Oscar. From all the reports, all the Ohsaka Gakuen students are back. Maybe with slightly different hair in some cases, but they're back.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 13th, '08, 00:50

On unleashthegeek's blog, there's an updated cast listing with who is there and who isn't and Nanba is on it so rest assured :thumright:

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 13th, '08, 04:10

yatta.....
Nanba senpai is also there^^
im sooo relieved to hear

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Apr 13th, '08, 04:18

I do not approve of those guys donning Black Face :x
I am hurt by that, and I am a big Hana Kimi fan.

I am glad to hear Nanba will be in this
but I won't be watching this for awhile, until someone explains why they are wearing black face.

phantombeast

Post by phantombeast » Apr 16th, '08, 04:43

I do not approve of those guys donning Black Face Mad

but I won't be watching this for awhile, until someone explains why they are wearing black face.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface# ... e_in_Japan

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 16th, '08, 19:36

phantombeast wrote:

I don't think she understands the Japanese pop culture.

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Apr 17th, '08, 15:47

phantombeast wrote:

first of all I don't believe any crap from Wiki
second of all that is a lame excuse.

Me not understanding Japanese pop culture? I don't think anyone understands the history of black face
I understand the whole appreciation for african american culture, but there is no difference in the whole black face act. No matter how you try and sugar coat it, it's still offensive it's racist. How would japanese people like it if non japanese start going "Kawaii" wearing yellow mak-up and slanting there eyes and labeled that as cool?
No one really gets it and thats the sad part, you cannot label something that degrading and hurtful as "cool", that's like me rocking a t-shirt that says "How's Hitler" and roaming a around a jewish neighborhood to show my love for jewish people. It's that bad
I'm really sad because I love Hana Kimi so much and I was really looking forward to this special until I saw that.
You wouldnt understand unless it was your race.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 17th, '08, 16:17

^ You say it yourself, we're not your race. Hana Kimi people neither. So just keep those to yourself & give everyone a break.

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Apr 17th, '08, 16:27

Nomanymore wrote:^ You say it yourself, we're not your race. Hana Kimi people neither. So just keep those to yourself & give everyone a break.
So that makes it right for them to display ignorance towards black people??
I don't take it out on the actors or anything, but that remark was straight up rude.

I refuse to keep it to myself because people need to know about these things, black face refers to blacks as coons, n-word and other derogatory things.
I am soo disappointed by this, it really hurts my heart because I loved this drama so much
you people have no idea how hurt I am.

epi

Post by epi » Apr 17th, '08, 16:45

AshanishiLynn wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:^ You say it yourself, we're not your race. Hana Kimi people neither. So just keep those to yourself & give everyone a break.
So that makes it right for them to display ignorance towards black people??
I don't take it out on the actors or anything, but that remark was straight up rude.

I refuse to keep it to myself because people need to know about these things, black face refers to blacks as coons, n-word and other derogatory things.
I am soo disappointed by this, it really hurts my heart because I loved this drama so much
you people have no idea how hurt I am.
i think we both need to step back a bit and take a deep breath and re-think what we need to say in this forum ... i understand what AshanishiLynn and Nomanymore both are trying to say and i understand both sides' point of view but i don't think that this is the right place to have a debate over this ...
IMO we can all discuss about it and voice out our opinions but it really shouldn't turn into a debate and over race nonetheless because it's a touchy subject to everyone
some people take it more seriously than others and we all should respect that

so my take on this is ... i don't think the hana kimi producers, writers, directors, and casts have any ill intention with the black face thing
it may be inappropriate but i really think that they are doing this just for fun
and since it's supposed to be a japanese drama for the japanese audience they don't really think much about the far reaching implications of "what will african american viewers think and feel if they see this?"
How would japanese people like it if non japanese start going "Kawaii" wearing yellow mak-up and slanting there eyes and labeled that as cool?
i've experienced something like this before (i'm not japanese btw ... but i've experienced similar situation before)
at that time i just laughed it off because i know the person who's doing it doesn't have any ill intention whatsoever ... but i'm saying this is purely MY opinion and MY reaction
if the person is trying to mock me or being rude then i might be angry ...
so IMO we all need to chill out a little bit because i really do think that this is all for fun, and it's just a comedy ... not a portrayal of real life situation :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 17th, '08, 16:55

the writers are just trying to put pop culture into the drama. What's hip and going on in Japan cuz its for their audience. I didn't even know they did that weird game with Oscar and that girl. But if you google it, it seems like a popular thing in Japan. Also with exercise with Billy Bootcamp. I didn't even realize that was popular there. But Japanese probably know the context and laugh over it. I find a lot of the jokes go over my head cuz I don't know their pop culture that well. I just know they do weird stuff and just nod my head and go whatever ticks for you. There's no reason or rhythm to it. Someone creates something and everyone goes wow...this is so cool let's all do it. O_o It's like the "nande ne" A popular coined word. Hmm... I'm surprised it hasn't surfaced on Hana Kimi. Anyhow Japan does weird stuff we just don't understand but they find it funny. So unless you're Japanese it might be hard to understand them. To someone it might be offensive but to them it's "cool". There's a lot of wannabes. Everyday seems to be a Halloween costume day for some of the teenagers.

If you saw Japanorama, they show the shady side of Japan. I think racisim will be the least of your shocks ^^; It doesn't apply to everyone in Japan but some people in Japan does do the stuff Japanorama mentions. But take it with a grain of salt, every country has people doing weird stuff, not just Japan.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Apr 19th, '08, 15:40

I don't know if you guys have read unleash the geek's blog, but there's a rumour that the SP will air on July 12th, and that it will be 2 hours long: http://unleashthegeek.blogspot.com/2008 ... -date.html

xmiyax

Post by xmiyax » Apr 19th, '08, 23:18

a_petite_azn thanks

can't wait to see them back

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 20th, '08, 02:07

here's some clips from the dvd. They didn't show the after drama party :-(

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 20th, '08, 02:52

Thanks for these seirin :-) Watching all these dramas based off raws from d-addicts, I never get to see these dvd extras unless I go looking for them so it will be nice.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Apr 20th, '08, 12:41

Thanks serin

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Apr 21st, '08, 06:29

This may have already been questioned/answered but I really dont feel like going through all 479 pages of this topic, so!

Do you guys think they will show everyone's class trip to America? I think that would be interesting...I also wonder why they had a Japanese actress play Julia. I hope it will be awsome nonetheless.

Also, I know im a bit late with the whole racism topic, but I do agree that this is not the place to be fighting over an issue such as this. I won't say that I know a lot about racism, but I've experienced it being Jewish in a gated community where everyone goes to church and everyone believes this to be a socital norm...however, no matter how many times ive been called ugly names, no matter how much it may hurt, I don't let it bother me. If it bothers me, then racism has won...i guess. The people saying those mean things...they dont know you. And you probably dont WANT them to know you, if they're going to be like that.

I dont think Hisaya Nakajo or any of the screen writers for Hana Kimi would want anyone to feel looked down upon because of what they have created...I dont think they were trying to say anything about being african american by doing these things....this is just how the japanese culture is...and im not saying its not wrong, but I dont think a lot of Japanese think they are offending anyone by doing what they do.

Either way, in the end, you can feel hurt about it or you can move on. I dont think they were trying to make a statement about anyone...and the actors were just doing their jobs. So who's fault is it? Who can you blame? The writers or the show? That would be easy...maybe you could think of another way? You could try writing the tv company a letter about it or something, and maybe they will think again about what kinds of things they produce.

In the end, I'm sorry you feel offended, AshanishiLynn, but I hope that you wont get so angry over this that you stop watching j-dramas all together. Some of them have been so powerful that they've even changed who I am just a little, I want everyone to enjoy them. I know this isnt possible and people make fun of me all the time for it, :) but even so, dont give up on them please?

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Apr 21st, '08, 13:26

My two cents on the racism topic:

Let's see the context first before jumping the gun. There is never an excuse for any form of racism ... however the exact premise of this show is "foolishness" so what you saw in the pics could mean anything or absolutely nothing.

Stay loose everyone ==> did I just date myself?

mskakashi

Post by mskakashi » Apr 21st, '08, 13:58

race has nothing to do with it, it is just tv in another country, they poke fun at all Americans, black , white whatever people who are not Japanese. Here in America we do the same on our tv shows sometimes worse than a simple face painting, and I am sure they do not appreciate us stereotyping them. That is why tv should not be taken serious and not ruin the enjoyment of watching other cultures to learn how they live and how they see foreigners, that who we all are to them foreigners! :P
ImageImage

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 21st, '08, 14:40

mskakashi wrote:race has nothing to do with it, it is just tv in another country, they poke fun at all Americans, black , white whatever people who are not Japanese. Here in America we do the same on our tv shows sometimes worse than a simple face painting, and I am sure they do not appreciate us stereotyping them. That is why tv should not be taken serious and not ruin the enjoyment of watching other cultures to learn how they live and how they see foreigners, that who we all are to them foreigners! :P
I don't think they're poking fun of anyone. If they're poking fun of anything, it would be what the select young Japanese trend is developing into. But it's true. In their eyes, if you're not Japanese, you're a foreigner. Somehow, Japan's pop culture reminds me of America in the 70's and 80's.
Last edited by seirin on Apr 21st, '08, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

jeanzaddict

Post by jeanzaddict » Apr 21st, '08, 15:07

i think, AshanishiLynn, just watch hana kimi SP to find the reason why they do that. you can't judge something if you don't know the reason :).
watching : last friends || zettai kareshi || gokusen 3 || binbo danshi || meitantei conan 2
waiting for : hyd FINAL || hana kimi SP || @deep SP

avatar by mizushikido-chan, thx!! :)

ianthe_ona777

Post by ianthe_ona777 » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:33

what is the song being played in the episode 5?? the part where sekime dresses up as some character in gundam seed to impress the girl in st. blossoms?? the song playing in that exact part?? anybody knows the title of that song?? please please tell me.. reply or message mo or whatever. hehehe!

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 22nd, '08, 17:26

AshanishLynn :( If you don't wanna watch it too bad, if you got something to say, tell it to the japanese.

I remember the spoof where they did a Tai Bo Billy Bank impersonation with the face coloured as well, and Billy Blank actually came on and he did the whole thing together.. twas funny in comedic sense.. just gotta try not to take things to seriously..

How else can you impersonate a black person if your skin is of different color :\

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 22nd, '08, 17:59

ianthe_ona777 wrote:what is the song being played in the episode 5?? the part where sekime dresses up as some character in gundam seed to impress the girl in st. blossoms?? the song playing in that exact part?? anybody knows the title of that song?? please please tell me.. reply or message mo or whatever. hehehe!
it's called my love by Kawashima Ai. Seems some posted it online.
http://www.imeem.com/chings/music/oOgFt ... i_my_love/

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:51

This is honestly the last thing I will say
I'm not saying that they are trying to poke fun at black people, I'm not blaming the actors as they are just doing there jobs, but I think people are missing the point.
This isnt just an issue with jdramas it's an issue all over asia, Suengri of Big Bang did not only verbally insult black people, but he also did the black face in the "How Gee" video,the bubble sisters incident in korea sparked alot of controversy and boycotting, I can't believe after that happened people still want to go with "They don't know it's racist" , this is also a problem in Japanese cartoons where they always give black people really dark skin and big pink lips. I'm not saying anyone in charge of HK is racist but the parody itself is racist, if that is becoming the trend in japan to walk around donning offensive makeup then I feel for japanese youth. Once again BLACK FACE IS AN OFFENSIVE AND DEROGATORY VIEW OF BLACK PEOPLE I wish people would take the time to read what I am saying.

As mentioned earlier this isnt the topic to discuss this
so I will be quiet.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 22nd, '08, 23:25

^ You're the one who started it all, pff. Let's stop it here. I guess nobody wants to hear about this issu anymore.

----------------

I hope they'll announce the official airing dates soon XD I'm so impatient ^o^

ianthe_ona777

Post by ianthe_ona777 » Apr 23rd, '08, 10:14

thanks seirin!! big big big help!!! :lol

ianthe_ona777

Post by ianthe_ona777 » Apr 23rd, '08, 10:24

seirin wrote:
ianthe_ona777 wrote:what is the song being played in the episode 5?? the part where sekime dresses up as some character in gundam seed to impress the girl in st. blossoms?? the song playing in that exact part?? anybody knows the title of that song?? please please tell me.. reply or message mo or whatever. hehehe!
it's called my love by Kawashima Ai. Seems some posted it online.
http://www.imeem.com/chings/music/oOgFt ... i_my_love/

wow!! thanks so much!! you are a big big help!^_^ arigatou gozaimsu!

jakira

Post by jakira » Apr 24th, '08, 15:49

Not sure if this picture related to Hana Kimi SP, but i just want to share with everyone.. kawaii desu.
Last edited by jakira on Apr 24th, '08, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Luffy + Nami Hontou Daisuki Desu. . .
credit to Luffy x Nami FC

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 24th, '08, 15:56

thanks for the cute pic^^
never saw the pic b4...

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 4th, '08, 15:11

this one too...
The characters were a great choices some situations were very good. e.g.: shun kissing scenes all of them. but the japanise adaptation stories always somehow messed ups. I don't know why :blink

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » May 5th, '08, 16:39

neuhikari : "The characters were a great choices some situations were very good. e.g.: shun kissing scenes all of them"

care to see them in a music video? i made one for my nieces here's the url:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFmBA2BqoJM

for ikuta toma fans here's another music video i made for my nieces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcg22u2sdo

mizuki in the manga is kinda flaky so i guess she was improved on in the live action japan version. isn't the manga author the screen writer of the live action version? in any case, he did have a creative say in the re-imagining of this story in the live action version.
plus they probably saw that the taiwan version floundered about without the gender issue being resolved. the jap version is more compact -- no lagging, boring moments ... there's always something going on. the supporting cast is a story by itself. unlike the taiwan version -- very weak support.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » May 5th, '08, 20:35

I don't think the mangaka had anything to do with the live action drama.
# Original writing: Nakajo Hisaya
# Screenwriter: Muto Susumuware, Yamaura Masahiro (山浦雅大) (eps 8&10)

If the writer had any say I don't think the drama would have changed so dramatically.

gakirin

Post by gakirin » May 7th, '08, 16:46

Ok so.

On this whole blackface issue.

During the era of vaudeville and into the 20th century blackface was used by Americans to portray African American characters. It was so prolific that even Black actors themselves would use it to exaggerate this characteristic. Whenever it was used, it was to portray a silly, simple, bumbling personality.

There has been a long history in our country of blackface being associated with racism.

Moving on, when one looks at Japan, they have long been a xenophobic society. This attitude towards foreigners creates an interesting dynamic. While many still hold on to their fear, and thus dislike, of outsides, the Japanese youth have become increasingly aware, and drawn to, international culture (and the world has likewise, turned it's eyes to Japan. See the site you are looking at.)

So while, yeah, totally, blackface is wicked offensive to the point where if someone wears it in our (American) society, they will most definitely get a beat down. Even if they are in the company of whites, it is completely unacceptable.

But Japan does not view blackface with OUR history. They see it as a way to make themselves appear more like people who belong to another race. Just like how we might take our fingers and stretch our top eyelids to appear Asian.

So yeah. It's understandable that you were offended, but try to keep things in perspective.

And to the rest of you, don't try to justify blackface. It IS a symbol of suppression and human rights violations in my country.