[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Funnykido
Posts: 10
Joined: Mar 16th, '07, 22:20

Post by Funnykido » Jul 5th, '07, 01:28

Hello!

I was able today to rip the ending theme song 'Peach' by Otsuka Ai from the first episode of Hana Kimi.

It's in mp3 format and about a minute and 40 seconds long, if anybody wants it.

Here's the sendspace link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qgpu1t

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 01:55

Ladymercury wrote:
Archaenon wrote:I wached the Taiwan version ,and actually liked it. I have to get used to this one , but it's not bad so far.
Arc. *jumps on, pounces* :blink :lol
XD

miyu1990
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 23:25

Post by miyu1990 » Jul 5th, '07, 01:56

MiIiyah wrote: Download vobsub and install it.(google! easy to find)
Name the subfile exactly like the dorama is named.
Open with windows media player / windows media player classic / VLC / etc. and it should work.
i tried using that but the subs didn't play with the video...... i had 2 read it. *so confused*

User avatar
Ginoru
Posts: 1523
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 00:48

Post by Ginoru » Jul 5th, '07, 02:03

Weird question i know, Does someone know the name of the music/song they were playing just before Toma's speech in the sporst day??

10 Clovers
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 4th, '07, 18:47

Post by 10 Clovers » Jul 5th, '07, 02:13

IndieRockerette wrote:I just watched the first episode of Hana Kimi and wow.. I'm sooo impressed!! Maki's acting was really good! I didn't know if she could pull it off (especially since all I've ever seen her play are the quiet roles ie: Nobuta wo Produce, Kurosagi) but she was really good as Mizuki! Everyone was really good. I love Toma and Shun :wub: !! Ahhhh sooooo many hot guys! Shower scenes XD !! I'm going to LOOOOVEE this drama :heart: ! I was excited before but now I'm like :w000t: !! I can't wait for the next episode.. kissing monster Shun :wink: ! I don't mind the writers not sticking to the manga, as long as they write a good script.

I watched the TW version and there's a BIG difference between the two. In the TW version, I really didn't like the way the lead girl played Mizuki. She was really bad. I couldn't stand seeing her and when I heard her voice, I cringed a little. She screamed dumb to me for some reason. The ending was :blink ..was there even an ending? I don't remember that last episode too much but didn't it leave a cliffhanger? Sorry if I offended anyone, I just couldn't get myself to like it.

I'm soooo glad arashi.vox is subbing this for us! I remember waiting for her subs for HYD2, she was fast then and she's even faster now! THANK YOU ARASHI VOX!! This is gonna be a good summer for dramas!
I have to agree, there is a BIG difference between the two. I didn't like the Taiwanese version at all. But I forced myself to watch it all the way through 15 long episodes.I cringed too every single time seeing her do her facial expressions, looks like she's trying to kill 2 birds with one stone by "acting" and doing facial exercises. And she cried in every 3 episodes and she was so annoyingly nosey. And it was obvious that she was trying to act tough, but it was all bark. Also, I didn't belive the romance between her and Wu Zhun. There was quite a bit I was disappointed in, but I've read all 23 volumes of Hana Kimi so I'm more crictical about it. I liked their cast of Sano and Nakatsu with the guys from Fahrenheit (Wu Zhun and Jiro Wang). But if I were to pinpoint the biggest mistake, it was their choice of Mizuki.

The Mizuki in the Japanese drama is so cute!! So adorable. I can't wait to see more. Although there were some roles they could've casted better, it's still too early to judge now for sure.
Last edited by 10 Clovers on Jul 5th, '07, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Neeko
Posts: 21
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 06:29
Contact:

Post by Neeko » Jul 5th, '07, 02:16

I don't know about you all, but I was hyped up when I heard they were making a Hanakimi J-drama. This is one of my *favourite* mangas ever written. It's got romance, comedy, drama, and the development of the characters was so thoughtfully done. The ending was perfect, and the story didn't drag out nearly as much as other long running shoujo mangas. *coughs Hana Yori Dango coughs* I tried watching the Taiwanese version, but Ella's manly look was too much for me to handle, which is such a shame, because all the other characters had hit their role on the mark. So I was hoping with Maki as the lead role, this would turn out to be a great drama.

Unfortunately this time around, Maki is one of the only characters that shined in this episode. I somehow blame this on the writers and the director, because I know the actors have the potential.

Warning: Intensive spoilers for Episode 1 of Hanakimi!



It seems like the directors are trying to capture the Hana Yori Dango fame. I couldn't help notice how much they tried to pawn off this entire episode like HYD. The class being "against" Ashiya, Cold-Hearted Protagonist Rui--whoops, I mean, Sano, girls fawning over the "hot looking guys", and heck, even Makino's dad was in this episode! All of this screamed Hana Yori Dango but a horrible attempt at it. This drama would have been much more popular (I Love HYD, but I believe Hanakimi's storyline is much better) than HYD IMHO, but at the way they're going, there's no way they'll reach the level of HYD's fame at all.

I don't know who was in charge of the script, but they need to be shot, or at least, they should READ the manga carefully. From what I recall, I don't remember the class being cold hearted towards Ashiya, at least, not nearly as much as they were in the drama. I remember them being "brotherly" towards her, and no where near as jerkish as they were in the drama. Whether it was the casting or the writing, something was really off here. Since when was Nakatsu a jerk? Loud and obnoxious, but he was warm and friendly. Wasn't he the one that showed Ashiya around the school? And Sano... I swear, either they're trying to pawn Rui off as Sano, or Oguri Shun can't act any other way, but no where do I recall Sano EVER being this cold. Yes, he was cold to her in the beginning, but drama!Sano was just being down right rude and unlikable, and way too much like Rui. ORIGINALITY, people! Stop trying to be like Hana Yori Dango!

The overall episode was rushed and gave no time for the viewers to attach to the characters. The Taiwanese version did it perfectly, but in this case, too many things were going on. Unless you were an avid reader of the manga, most likely viewers were probably a bit lost as to who people were and what was happening. Why put in big things like the marathon in the beginning of the drama? This is perfect material for the middle when the viewers had gotten to know the characters, and they wasted it all on the first episode.

There were things I liked, of course. Maki is adorable, and I enjoy watching her. Oscar Himejima is HILARIOUS. I was sad he wasn't in the Taiwan drama, but now that he's here, he made it a lot easier to get through the episode. Umeda is not too bad looking for an older man, and I really liked the ED song. Unfortunately, that's where the list ends.

An episode filled with WTFs and sappy acting. A lot of these guys aren't even good looking! I'm not trying to be shallow, but face it, the majority of times we watch dramas is because we like the way the actors look. Oguri Shun is a cute guy, but for some reason he doesn't look good here. Maybe it's the black hair or the way it's styled. (Actually, it's probably both) It might be because of the way he's acting. Toma... not good looking at all, I'm sorry. Nakatsu was cute and lovable, but Toma is just weird looking and unlikable, which I'm hoping again will change in the future episodes when they get his character right. Namba reminds me WAY too much of Matsujun with the way his hair is styled, which is nice, but not what I envisioned of Namba. And what was with them appearing shirtless?! No offense, I really didn't want to see any of that. Not one tiny bit. And how the heck did Ashiya pee standing up? Amazing. Also, there was way too much unnecessary drama. I don't care about Nakatsu's grandmother, (at least, I don't care right now. If they had introduced this plot later on after people got to KNOW Nakatsu and become attached to him, THEN I would have cared) nor do I care about the Principal and her not so dead plant.

A huge disappointment, but I will watch out of loyalty and amusement. I did like certain parts of the drama, but hopefully it'll be enough. As odd as it seems, I can't wait for the next episode, mostly because I'm hoping someone out there will realize what a crappy job they're doing and will fix it up ASAP. (Plus, Shirota Yuu is in the next episode... and... :wub: Enough said.)
Last edited by Neeko on Jul 5th, '07, 02:26, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 02:17

miyu1990 wrote:
MiIiyah wrote: Download vobsub and install it.(google! easy to find)
Name the subfile exactly like the dorama is named.
Open with windows media player / windows media player classic / VLC / etc. and it should work.
i tried using that but the subs didn't play with the video...... i had 2 read it. *so confused*
You have to make sure that both the video file and sub file are the SAME name.

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '07, 02:21

Put them in spoiler cuts. Please.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 02:23

Archaenon wrote:Put them in spoiler cuts. Please.
Ya, srsly :blink

User avatar
XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 182
Joined: May 27th, '07, 21:21
Location: Texas

Post by XiaoPauli » Jul 5th, '07, 02:31

Haha, in an active thread for a new, hyped-up drama, there's bound to be some dummies here that will post open spoilers absent-mindedly.

I just didn't think it'd come so soon though... I guess idiocy has no bounds?

10 Clovers
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 4th, '07, 18:47

Post by 10 Clovers » Jul 5th, '07, 02:31

I agree with Neeko about being similar with Hana Yori Dango when the class is all against her and I didn't like how cold they were towards her.
Though Hana Yori Dango is my favorite drama, Hana Kimi has a great story on it's own and doesn't need to add all those parts in just because it was successful before.

It's difficult to say much more about the Japanese version, we just have to wait and see how it goes. But I think the Japanese version has a more real feeling towards it that will get people interested in seeing more
Last edited by 10 Clovers on Jul 5th, '07, 02:34, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
epi
Posts: 87
Joined: Nov 15th, '06, 16:23
Location: here

Post by epi » Jul 5th, '07, 02:32

Waaahhh ... I just finished watching the first episode, I was pleasantly surprised when the sub was out so FAST!!! Thank you thank you ...

Anyway regarding the first ep, I love it ... I watched the TW version and they are just so so ... Probably because the acting is a little bit over the top. I think Maki portrayed Ashiya very well ... she looks cute but somehow she looks boyish too. I love her haircut ... And Shun as Sano ... I was skeptical at first but man ... he's got Sano's character down!!! He is just how I imagine Sano is when I read the manga ...

But I guess the drama doesn't really follow the manga ... well I sorta expect this cause HYD was kinda like that too. Anywho ... can't wait for the second episode!!!

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 02:35

XiaoPauli wrote:Haha, in an active thread for a new, hyped-up drama, there's bound to be some dummies here that will post open spoilers absent-mindedly.

I just didn't think it'd come so soon though... I guess idiocy has no bounds?
The internet never ceases to amaze, ne? :P

User avatar
lsqB
Posts: 302
Joined: Jan 14th, '07, 20:14
Contact:

Post by lsqB » Jul 5th, '07, 02:47

Neeko, to answer your question, the scriptwriter is the same one who wrote Densha Otoko.

and yes, I agreewith pretty much everything you said :lol

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 5th, '07, 02:58

Neeko wrote: Toma... not good looking at all, I'm sorry. Nakatsu was cute and lovable, but Toma is just weird looking and unlikable, which I'm hoping again will change in the future episodes when they get his character right.
wt..
:cussing:
that is so wrong!

but I have to agree
the writers got it wrong for turning Nakatsu into a jerk.
they wasted a bunch of wonderful selected cast with the lame storyline
Last edited by aishoni2 on Jul 5th, '07, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.

pagtitiyaga
Posts: 33
Joined: Feb 19th, '06, 21:05

Post by pagtitiyaga » Jul 5th, '07, 03:00

Does anyone know the schedule of Hana Kimi in Japan?

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 03:13

And how the heck did Ashiya pee standing up? Amazing.
She did not. She was just pretending, rewatch again.

All I have to say is different people have different tastes.

I LOVE THIS Hana Kimi vers. , & I bet I'm not the only one ^___^

That's it :p

Ps: Another thing, I find it quite funny, in most of all the negative comments I've read so far in many places, there's often a line such as "I will watch the next eps out of..." or sthing same meaning..
If u guys get wat I mean. LOL :roll One thing is sure, no matter how 'bad' it was, how 'disappointed' they were, Hana Kimi still arrives to make them to continue to watch it ^___^

That is wat amazing. lol

User avatar
Neeko
Posts: 21
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 06:29
Contact:

Post by Neeko » Jul 5th, '07, 03:41

That look of relief on her face made me think she really did go at it standing, but I guess that's just good acting. Go Maki.

Oh yeah, that's the power of Hanakimi. As much as I disliked this first episode, I'll definitely be watching the next episode, hoping it'll be much better.

Sorry for not putting my post in spoiler tags. Although I had marked there would be spoilers, I suppose it's a lot better to the wandering eye to have it in the tags. Sorry again!

miyu1990
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 23:25

Post by miyu1990 » Jul 5th, '07, 03:44

Ladymercury wrote:
miyu1990 wrote:
MiIiyah wrote: Download vobsub and install it.(google! easy to find)
Name the subfile exactly like the dorama is named.
Open with windows media player / windows media player classic / VLC / etc. and it should work.
i tried using that but the subs didn't play with the video...... i had 2 read it. *so confused*
You have to make sure that both the video file and sub file are the SAME name.
it is.... i'll try again tho thanks

User avatar
Ruby Hedges
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 14th, '07, 23:16

Post by Ruby Hedges » Jul 5th, '07, 03:44

I thought the first Ep was only OK and I totally agree with the comment that it was adding elements to be more like Hana Yori Dango.
Like the boys all having to go through that throng of screaming girls to get to school to show that they were hottest boys on the planet. Stupid and very Hana Yori Dango (which it was appropriate for) with the bitchy girls squad. The thing that was interesting at being at an all boys school is that there weren't girls around there was only Mizuki and when girls came to the school in the manga it was a special day. Girls were kind of mysterious- meeting them, getting a girlfriend, them giving the boys chocolates ect and that element was more interesting than the screaming girls throwing themselves at the boys

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 03:53

miyu1990 wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:
miyu1990 wrote:
i tried using that but the subs didn't play with the video...... i had 2 read it. *so confused*
You have to make sure that both the video file and sub file are the SAME name.
it is.... i'll try again tho thanks
Also, check your player. You may need to get VLC or Media Player Classic; some computers get funny that way.
pagtitiyaga wrote:Does anyone know the schedule of Hana Kimi in Japan?
Every Tuesday, 10pm (or 9pm, its one of those).

User avatar
gummonster
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 14th, '06, 19:00
Location: USA

Post by gummonster » Jul 5th, '07, 03:55

I don't know about you guys. but i like the first episode. Very funny with the dorms. Maki was really cute as a boy.
Can't wait for the next episode. :w00t:

nophankh
Posts: 222
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 08:11
Location: PA, US

Post by nophankh » Jul 5th, '07, 03:59

can't wait for ep 2 or whatever episode he will find out "he" is a girl!! can't wait, can't wait.

I'm counting DAYS till Tuesday, well actually wednesday (subs come out). I'm very impressed by the speed of the subs.

User avatar
mabo
Posts: 16
Joined: Aug 1st, '05, 15:56
Location: Montpellier, France
Contact:

Post by mabo » Jul 5th, '07, 04:18

well at first i was disappointed by the way they changed the storyline it misses a lot of cool things but i've finally found a good explanation to it all.. the writers really wanted to emphasize the fact that Mizuki is going to change the school just by being there and reacting with her classmates... look Nakatsu has already started to change from his old self, very self centered and all even if he's cool but now he's starting to feel the need to help other people, well Mizuki at least ^^ and i think it's going to be like that for everything, Mizuki is going to have a strong impact on the school.
so giving that they needed to show that she was the one from where all the changes would happen they needed that the characters were different in the beginning.

and i'll give you the advice that a friend of mine gave me about it, just forget about the manga and try to see the drama as something new, the plot is similar but it definitely has a total different style and atmosphere. the second time i've seen the first episode i've found it really cool.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 04:37

Well, I love it and I never "read" the manga... so its doing its job bringing in new, clueless, people.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 5th, '07, 04:58

whaaa....!!! i got to watch the episode 1 ;) im so excited to watch episode 2 now. hahahaha.... all the hot boys! ack....!!!

about the story line:

it was really off!!! why did they start the whole thing with the marathon? and it wasn't like that in the manga. and the characters, i was expecting the doctor to be so HOTHOTHOT but he wasn't like that. and what the heck is the woman principal doing there? there was no woman principal in the manga. *sigh* the story line was so frustrating... ack!!!!

butbutbut.... im not really complaining about the story line. its just that its really off. haha... i know they have their own version, but anyways... i really enjoyed the episode. i really love the hot boys!!! hahahah....!!!

^ iChigO ^
Posts: 115
Joined: May 14th, '07, 16:07

Post by ^ iChigO ^ » Jul 5th, '07, 05:24

loved the first ep ! way to go MAKI!
cant' wait for the next ep ^_~
:wub: :wub:

Prodigy_child
Posts: 69
Joined: Dec 9th, '05, 02:15
Location: Home

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 5th, '07, 05:28

I think the principal might be a one-episode show. The wiki page does say special appearance by Matsuda Seiko and the principal did hint that she was going to leave again it seemed. Though its only a guess after watching the sub.

User avatar
DredPirateScotty
Posts: 15
Joined: Apr 14th, '07, 09:36
Contact:

Post by DredPirateScotty » Jul 5th, '07, 05:29

mabo wrote:well at first i was disappointed by the way they changed the storyline it misses a lot of cool things but i've finally found a good explanation to it all.. the writers really wanted to emphasize the fact that Mizuki is going to change the school just by being there and reacting with her classmates... look Nakatsu has already started to change from his old self, very self centered and all even if he's cool but now he's starting to feel the need to help other people, well Mizuki at least ^^ and i think it's going to be like that for everything, Mizuki is going to have a strong impact on the school.
so giving that they needed to show that she was the one from where all the changes would happen they needed that the characters were different in the beginning.

and i'll give you the advice that a friend of mine gave me about it, just forget about the manga and try to see the drama as something new, the plot is similar but it definitely has a total different style and atmosphere. the second time i've seen the first episode i've found it really cool.
Completely agree with you.
I also agree with Neeko about the lil touch of HYD. But, I think that it wont last throughout the whole show. I believe (and really I hope i'm right on this) that the person in charge wanted to ride the coattails of HYD a little to give the show a good send off and grab hold of peoples attention but in the coming episodes i think that the show will find it's legs, shrug off any HYD clingons and really take off. It has hope, just needs to find its wings to fly.

And back to what Mabo said about forgetting the manga, it's true. In any sort of media wether it be book-to-movie or manga-to-drama you can always expect either small or laarge differences that are going to urke you if you've read book/manga so it's kind of best to just forget what you know and go in with a clean slate. Also, that way you will find that when they do keep those special parts in that just make you, well, Squeee from recognition that its all that much more sweet.

On a personal side note as an Oguri Fangirl..... OMG, MAJOR HOTTNESS!!!! looove his hair! For me it's got that tiny bit of Sano in there, mixed with his CROWS-Zero character (bad fangirl can't remember the name of him right now o_O) I'm really hoping that we get as many half nekkid chest shots from him as we did from Wu Chun in the TW Version XD :wub:
ImageImage

shinigama09
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 25th, '07, 08:30

Comparison: Taiwan vs. Japanese Version of Hana KImi Part 1

Post by shinigama09 » Jul 5th, '07, 05:35

Firstly, this is my comparison of the Taiwan version and so far Japanese version of Hana Kimi.

Characters- in the Taiwan drama seems to be flat because a character seems only like the "cute" one or the "silly one". Ella was the cute one and Jiro was the silly one. There wasn't enough character development. The characters in the Japanese drama to me seems better because it shows different emotion evoking from the main lead, Horikata. The director took more time to make the characters more abstract. In one scene, she cuts her hair as great symbolism than just a school crush fling. It also shows Ikuta's more serious side than his simple goofy Jiro.

Entertainment- So far, the Taiwan drama is much more amusing because Ella's facial expression amuses the audience and the constant teasing from Wu Chun makes the watchers feels excited for and anticipate for. It also includes many unrealistic comical aspects. So far, the Japanese seems a bit more mundane because it had not involve too many emotions of the characters.

Acting- Of course, the acting in the Japanese version is better for it realistic perspective. Ella's facial expression were very cute, but it wasn't realistic. Horikata also did not try to act cute, but try to be a boy even though she's girl. I didn't however find Wu Chun's acting a little more exciting then Oguri Shun's. Ikuta's acting is better than Jiro Wang because he showed differents aspects of the charater (mad,sympathetic,caring, etc.)

Appearance:
-Character- I think Horikata is much prettier than Ella even though she is exceptionally cute. However, Ella looks more like a boy than Horikata. Of course, Japan is famous for pretty boys. Oguri Shun has the better body because of is long torso and legs while Wu Chun is a tad too muscular for my taste. Wu Chun's face is just so cute and handsome though. Ikuta was not my cuppa tea. JIro Wang was better looking. Plus, Oguri and Ikuta look sorta too tan. Maybe because I like paler guys.
-Setting- THe Taiwan set seems sorta smaller because of the narrow hallways and the close together rooms. It seems bare and naked because there weren't that many students at the school except for a total of like 7. The campus in the Japanese Drama seems huge with so...many students and huge dorms with two floors. By taste, I though the Taiwan set was prettier.
-Outfits- I like the Japanese clothing a bit better. It was a bit exaggerated with the cape, but it added more color to the drama. It made it easier to differentiate characters like the fangirls, cape people, karate fighters, etc. The Taiwan version was generally the same but probably more practical and realistic.

User avatar
jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 484
Joined: Apr 20th, '04, 01:34
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: Comparison: Taiwan vs. Japanese Version of Hana KImi Par

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 5th, '07, 05:50

shinigama09 wrote: Entertainment- So far, the Taiwan drama is much more amusing because Ella's facial expression amuses the audience...
And here I thought it was Ella's facial expressions that killed the twdrama.

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 05:54

I dun't like to compare this vers with that vers, what's the point ?
as long as the viewers enjoy it..

Another thing, her name is Horikita Maki.

User avatar
evil_zai
Posts: 196
Joined: Mar 3rd, '06, 02:32

Post by evil_zai » Jul 5th, '07, 05:56

pagtitiyaga wrote:Does anyone know the schedule of Hana Kimi in Japan?
9pm, tuesday, fuji tv.


hmmn.. i'm just gonna go right in and say this. i liked the first epi, i love the actors, i like what they did with their parts (based on the material given to them, of course). and although it fell somewhat short of my expectations, i will not let this stop me from watching the series, because i feel that it will still be worth it.

i do agree with a lot of what neeko said, especially the adding the hanadan feel to it, but it don't think it's gonna last that long in the series. also, in fairness to shun, he really can act, and i think there is a distinctive difference of his sano from his rui. sano's aloofness i feel, is coming from an entirely different plane as opposed to rui's coldness.

anyway, if i were to compare this to anything, i would compare it to the tw version, and i say this version is better overall. the authenticity of the japanese culture which was missing in the tw vers is there, and that makes the flow of the story smoother. the characters may not pull you in at first, bec of whatever bias you might have, but i think the general strength of jdramas is the characters' ability to grow on you, and i don't think hanakimi is gonna be any different. on the major characters, i liked maki's mizuki way way way better than ella's. maki was able to make me see mizuki's mannerisms and her unconscious slips perfectly, without making it exaggerated. shun's sano is more suited than wu zun's, both in body build and attitude. i just felt that apart from his "prettiness", wu zun's portrayal was really flat. toma's nakatsu, after the first epi, falls short of the hilarity and warmness of manga!nakatsu, that jiro was able to do in the tw vers. i look forward to his development.

on the changes, i think that if the mangaka herself approved of such changes, then there must be a good reason behind them. i choose to believe in the trust the mangaka gave the production team. i hope it doesn't fail me along the way.

User avatar
marienella_m
Posts: 530
Joined: Dec 15th, '04, 16:52

Post by marienella_m » Jul 5th, '07, 06:06

Can we stop comparing the 2 dramas? of course they have their own good and bad points, but this is the thread for Hana Kimi japanese drama, lets focus on discussing the Japanese drama. if there's anyone who still wants to compare the 2, then make a separate thread "Hana Kimi : Which do you prefer, Taiwanese or Japanese version?"

Maki has proven her acting capabilities in the first episode! She also has a good chemistry with Shun. i wanna see more development on Toma's character, i want to see Nakatsu's funny side(i think they will show it next week..:)).

User avatar
phenally
Posts: 57
Joined: Jul 5th, '07, 05:53

Hi

Post by phenally » Jul 5th, '07, 06:07

Hi all, this is my first time posting here in d-addicts. I cant wait for the subbed hana kimi to come out :wub: ... after hana yori dango, I have been waiting for the new series from shun ( Just love him so much in hanadan as rui ! :wub: )

I havent read the hana kimi manga yet... anyone know where i can download it ? I have tried mangadownload.net but it doesnt seem to work :-(

anyway, have to agree with evil_zai, shun is a very talented actor. He totally convinced me that he has hearing problem in summer snow.

fto_osakadreams
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 20:55
Location: Southern California~

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 5th, '07, 06:08

Gotta add my two cents~
The first episode was definitly not as good as I hoped but better than I expected. I just started reading the manga this weekend and I've only gotten to volume four...but the marathon hasn't even happened yet. Although the first four volumes weren't filled with lots of excitement there was a lot of charecter development that the writers completely missed. I think the first episode would have been better spent if they hadn't put in useless scenes like rows and rows of screaming girls and focused more on the characters, why Sano quit high jump, and Mizuki's backround. I didn't mind many of the random additions (I mean who doesn't want to see boys running around shirtless?) but the whole girls scene, the girl posse in love with Sano, and even the Prinicipal scenes really weren't neccesary and better saved for later on in the show, if ever.

Additionally, some of the characters changes are really random. Nakatasu is such a jerk. I really love the fun, slightly pervy, slightly-self absorbed but good-guy at heart Nakatsu from the manga. Although by the end of the episode you can see him starting to change, his complete and utter rudness at the begining really annoys me. I think Toma has a lot of potential to pull of Nakatsu but not if Nakatsu doesn't become the fun loving guy from the manga. And then there is Sano, who is so much colder towards Mizuki in the drama then he ever was in the manga. I mean, in the manga they had a pretty rough start but he all he did was brush her off. He never tossed her stuff around or acted so genuinly cold towards her. And the whole classes cruelty towards Mizuki was rather uncalled for...as is Nanba's hair... And I'm kinda bumbed they made Nihonbashi into a girl...and Umeda-sensei doesn't have glasses. :glare:

But over-all I think the drama is going to be really enjoyable and fun. There were some funny bits in this episode- the shower and shampoo scene, the Dorm 3's RA Oscar, and the dorms fighting over Mizuki were all very entertaining. And I'm really impressed by Maki like always. I wasn't sure is she could really pull of Mizuki buts she's doing a great job. She doesn't look too girly or act too girly, so it's actually believable she might be a guy. I'm definitly looking forward to seeing Maki growing as Mizuki.

I'll definitly have things I dislike but I don't think they can alter the original storyline too much too make me not like it. Especially looking forward to the enterance of Kagurazaka and I want to see more of Mizuki's slightly-naive but genuinly golden nature, which is one of the reasons I love her charecter so much~.
In general, if the don't make the drama too radically different from the manga I'll be happy. I'm not expecting it to be spot-on, dramas are competely different then mangas after all, but if they screaming girls are kept down to a mininum I think I will like this drama very much. :D

More shirtless guys could help. :whistling:

User avatar
yamapinku-rabu
Posts: 484
Joined: Feb 13th, '07, 22:22
Location: tomo-chan's heart <3

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 5th, '07, 06:12

he authenticity of the japanese culture which was missing in the tw vers is there, and that makes the flow of the story smoother.
but i don't think the taiwanese version wanted to incorporate the japanese culture in it? :unsure: i mean it is set in taiwan.

can't wait!!!
YaMaoPi Petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/YAMAOPI/index.html
Image
avie: Ats siggy: eileenmafoy

User avatar
JuriaSmart
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 5th, '07, 05:48
Location: Canada

Post by JuriaSmart » Jul 5th, '07, 06:14

It's not surprising to me that peoples are comparing TW to JPN to manga. It has even started before the Jversion has aired actually. I feel people have the tendency to view all three as a group. the Hana Kimi group. But then some do and some don't. It's better to not put everyone in the same basket.

whoever liked should continue their support and who didn't, well I actually hope they will still contribute by viewing it. maybe after a while their opinion toward the drama will change.

on my part I enjoyed this first episode. therefore I wish everyone would to like it as well. but if they don't it's theirs choices. and if despite their deception or hate or else, they are still taking the time to download the drama. I think it worths a lot more then the empty'' I like it I liked it ''. to just to follow the flow and actually feeling nothing about the drama itself. so yup, I really don't mind peoples sharing their critics around here. It hasn't turn out to be a bashing thread so I can tolerate that. And isn't a discussion forum actually a place for people to share their views. Since the beginning of this thread ( page 1 ) I didn't read no offensive post yet.

so yup, please continue. to share on this forum, your likes and your dislikes towards this drama. onegai !

----

I loved the casting, the soundtrack, its corny lines. I'm really happy Shun is wearing an earring. He's such a sexy boy. I wonder if know that. :wub:

shaay
Posts: 36
Joined: Jun 21st, '07, 14:34

Post by shaay » Jul 5th, '07, 06:24

Nomanymore wrote:I dun't like to compare this vers with that vers, what's the point ?
as long as the viewers enjoy it..

Another thing, her name is Horikita Maki.
I totally agree. However since they're both based on the same source material comparisons are going to be inevitable. Not only between both versions but the manga as well. Although I've seen the Taiwanese version I'm watching this version with a completely open mind and am going to judge it on its own. I really don't see the point in making comparisons between the two. If I'm too busy picking apart one show and comparing it to the other how am I suppose to truly enjoy it and all it has to offer.

That being said I must say that I really enjoyed the first episode. It isn't perfect and it does have it's flaws but then again what show doesn't. Anyway I was watching it with my brother and we were both laughing. Needless to say I (we actually but my brother will never admit it) really can't wait for the next episode. The preview at the end had me squealing and my brother rolling his eyes *at me squealing that is*.

I don't know why but I was a little worried about Maki as Mizuki, but of course she was absolutely great <3

Guh, I wish it was next week already D:
Last edited by shaay on Jul 5th, '07, 06:34, edited 2 times in total.

fto_osakadreams
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 20:55
Location: Southern California~

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 5th, '07, 06:29

JuriaSmart wrote: I loved the casting, the soundtrack, its corny lines. I'm really happy Shun is wearing an earring. He's such a sexy boy. I wonder if know that. :wub:
Haha. I loved Shun's earing too. And I think the casting is great despite the cast not really being what I imagined. For the roles and scripts they've been given I think they all done a really good job. The soundtrack and the ending are definitly great. A lot of times at the end of the drama (or begining) I skip the opening/closing video but the ending video for Hana Kimi is definitly one I can rewatch and enjoy multiple times. :lol


Oh. And comparing the two dramas and the manga is perfectly understandable in my opinion. Because they all have the same basic storyline it's just nature to compare. As long a we arn't going the TW version was so horrible and the worst thing ever but this version totaally rocks!!! I think its fine. By being able to compare the different mediums we can see the faults and weakness in each drama but also the orginality and creativity of each team. As long as we reconize them as three seperated pieces of creative work were good.

Prodigy_child
Posts: 69
Joined: Dec 9th, '05, 02:15
Location: Home

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 5th, '07, 06:31

To fto_osakadreams: That wasn't Nihonbashi turned into a girl. Nihonbashi hasn't even appeared at all if ever :( That was Akiha Hara who was turned into a female.




Anyway as for Nakatsu, I know everyone is disappointed. Ikuta Toma's acting was fine and truthfully, you can't really blame him for the character's lack of goof. It was the way the character was written and if anything, I blame the scriptwriters. :( But he might get better. There was a nice good expression and nosebleed in the previews there :) And that kissy face LOL in the ending song.

fto_osakadreams
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 20:55
Location: Southern California~

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 5th, '07, 06:37

Prodigy_child wrote:To fto_osakadreams: That wasn't Nihonbashi turned into a girl. Nihonbashi hasn't even appeared at all if ever :( That was Akiha Hara who was turned into a female..
:blink Eh? Really? I missed that. Probably the whole being attached to the camera and selling photos thing threw me off. I hope they keep Nihonbashi in though. His charecter was really enjoyable. Anyways thanks for the clarification!

Prodigy_child
Posts: 69
Joined: Dec 9th, '05, 02:15
Location: Home

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 5th, '07, 06:57

fto_osakadreams wrote:
Prodigy_child wrote:To fto_osakadreams: That wasn't Nihonbashi turned into a girl. Nihonbashi hasn't even appeared at all if ever :( That was Akiha Hara who was turned into a female..
:blink Eh? Really? I missed that. Probably the whole being attached to the camera and selling photos thing threw me off. I hope they keep Nihonbashi in though. His charecter was really enjoyable. Anyways thanks for the clarification!
No problem! And yes, I agree he was. Who knows, he might or might not appear.

Personally I hope Kujou and Kadoma are in the drama. I loved them (and also loved them together >_>;;).

User avatar
wat3rm3lon
Posts: 357
Joined: Jul 25th, '06, 02:54
Location: ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 5th, '07, 07:01

Do you guys know who I really liked from the first episode.
Sekime.
Whoever played Sekime.
I love him.
He was the one who like showed Mizuki the poster of the dorm thingy, right?
Yeah.
He's a stud.

It's kind of funny that he's a total nerd in the manga. And he's a hottie in this.
Well, everyone is :D.

EDIT: I WANT TO SEE SANO'S BROTHER. NOW HE IS SOO HOT IN THE MANGA OMG <3.
Image

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 07:05

Something tell me that Mizuki's brother part will be cut off too.... -__-

User avatar
wat3rm3lon
Posts: 357
Joined: Jul 25th, '06, 02:54
Location: ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 5th, '07, 07:10

Nomanymore wrote:Something tell me that Mizuki's brother part will be cut off too.... -__-
Ohkay that sucks.
I'm guessing there planning to finish the entire manga in 12 episodes then?
GAH WHAT WILL I DO IF I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANY MORE HANA KIMI.

OH yeah.
The main website is like intensly updated.
They even have a new picture thing.
SInce when did they have a birthday party in the manga :D.

Image
Image

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 07:11

shinigama09 wrote:Firstly, this is my comparison of the Taiwan version and so far Japanese version of Hana Kimi.

Characters- in the Taiwan drama seems to be flat because a character seems only like the "cute" one or the "silly one". Ella was the cute one and Jiro was the silly one. There wasn't enough character development. The characters in the Japanese drama to me seems better because it shows different emotion evoking from the main lead, Horikata. The director took more time to make the characters more abstract. In one scene, she cuts her hair as great symbolism than just a school crush fling. It also shows Ikuta's more serious side than his simple goofy Jiro.

Entertainment- So far, the Taiwan drama is much more amusing because Ella's facial expression amuses the audience and the constant teasing from Wu Chun makes the watchers feels excited for and anticipate for. It also includes many unrealistic comical aspects. So far, the Japanese seems a bit more mundane because it had not involve too many emotions of the characters.

Acting- Of course, the acting in the Japanese version is better for it realistic perspective. Ella's facial expression were very cute, but it wasn't realistic. Horikata also did not try to act cute, but try to be a boy even though she's girl. I didn't however find Wu Chun's acting a little more exciting then Oguri Shun's. Ikuta's acting is better than Jiro Wang because he showed differents aspects of the charater (mad,sympathetic,caring, etc.)

Appearance:
-Character- I think Horikata is much prettier than Ella even though she is exceptionally cute. However, Ella looks more like a boy than Horikata. Of course, Japan is famous for pretty boys. Oguri Shun has the better body because of is long torso and legs while Wu Chun is a tad too muscular for my taste. Wu Chun's face is just so cute and handsome though. Ikuta was not my cuppa tea. JIro Wang was better looking. Plus, Oguri and Ikuta look sorta too tan. Maybe because I like paler guys.
-Setting- THe Taiwan set seems sorta smaller because of the narrow hallways and the close together rooms. It seems bare and naked because there weren't that many students at the school except for a total of like 7. The campus in the Japanese Drama seems huge with so...many students and huge dorms with two floors. By taste, I though the Taiwan set was prettier.
-Outfits- I like the Japanese clothing a bit better. It was a bit exaggerated with the cape, but it added more color to the drama. It made it easier to differentiate characters like the fangirls, cape people, karate fighters, etc. The Taiwan version was generally the same but probably more practical and realistic.
Well, I understood the capes... They were a drama club and... being over the top emphasized their desire of drama. Also, to make the group completely whacked out.

Personally Mizuki looks too much like Haruhi from Ouran. Like, if this was an Ouran live action, she would be the perfect Haruhi. Again, I have not really read Hana Kimi nor seen the Taiwanese drama, but the vibe I get from her is more Haruhi than anything. Maybe she can seperate herself a bit and flesh into someone else before it seems like I'm watching Ouran High School Host Club, except without the host club.

Prodigy_child
Posts: 69
Joined: Dec 9th, '05, 02:15
Location: Home

Post by Prodigy_child » Jul 5th, '07, 07:16

There weren't any birthday parties, but they did have parties. Kissing demon anyone LOL <3

User avatar
DredPirateScotty
Posts: 15
Joined: Apr 14th, '07, 09:36
Contact:

Post by DredPirateScotty » Jul 5th, '07, 07:20

Prodigy_child wrote:There weren't any birthday parties, but they did have parties. Kissing demon anyone LOL <3
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! <3 :wub: <3

User avatar
syu77
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 8th, '05, 08:00
Location: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA

Post by syu77 » Jul 5th, '07, 07:24

i'm quite agree with people that say to stop comparing between japanese and taiwanese version of hana kimi....just enjoy it!!!

vulgarchic
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 5th, '07, 07:03
Location: Adelaide,Australia
Contact:

Post by vulgarchic » Jul 5th, '07, 07:26

CANT WAIT FOR SUBS i hope someone subs it really soon coz im sooooooo excited bahahahahahhaaha more excited for hana kimi than harry potter which is comeing out next wednesday yaaaaaaaaay bahahahahahahahahahaha

User avatar
Deedlith
Posts: 104
Joined: Dec 4th, '05, 12:49
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Deedlith » Jul 5th, '07, 07:34

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e was one of the first drama I've ever read and though it's not my favorite, it's still the one i've reread the most.

Still, i'm pretty satisfied with the first episode of the japanese ver. Although, I see that some of you think Oguri is a bit too cold, and the guy acting Nakatsu is mean in the beginning, it's still a drama, and it would be a too long if they had tried to bring the character exactly like in the manga.

In the manga, Sano is cold that's true, he can even act mean without really wanting to, when he is frustrated ( see volume 16 to 19), but as Mizuki understand him, it's ok. As for Nakatsu, he's a really warm hearted person, but he's always overexcited and likes to tease Mizuki in the manga. Though, i don't remember who, someone said he was mean in the first ep, I didn't feel it that way. I felt it was more like a tradition to newcomers to make that kind of "welcome", a way of testing the person, it doesn't necesarilly mean they're gonna annoy Ashiya everyday. In the first volume, when Sano takes Mizuki for a gay, Nakatsu tease her as well ( in the class), ok in a less meany manner, but it's still teasing.

As for Horikita, i was really impressed by her performance. I stopped to watch the Tw ver halfway as I was tired of Ella who was overacting but here Horikita is just right. Mizuki is trying to be a guy but sometimes she can be see through ( see shampoo scene, i mean I know we are in Japan, but I just can't imagine a guy overreacting by seeing the top of another), but she's still enough of a tomboy to pretend to be a guy. Speaking of which, the korean drama "first shop of the coffee prince" also has a girl crossdressing as a guy, Yoon Eun Hye who's protraying Eun Chan, the girl/guy, is even more of a guy than Horikita. In fact, if I didn't know it was her, if someone told me she was a guy, I would have believed it, while saying " he has a girly face though".

Coming back to Hanakimi, I agree with the fact that the principal is in fact useless, and the screaming girl... too.
Maybe they want to add some kind of triangle between Mizuki, Sano and Hibari... Too basd, I liked the idea of a single girl beeing the center of all the attention but well...

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the rest, I really liked the crazy atmosphere they managed to pull in the Japanese ver compared to the tw one, I was laughing out loud when Mizuki was "welcomed" by her comrades and cheering for her when she was running.

I'm glad they skipped lots of moments in the manga as it's ok in the manga, it would make the drama too boring, a drama has to be faster and that's what they did.

Seems like they cut off Rio, which is a small dissapointment as she was the only gir character that really had any importance in the manga... The HUGE dissapointment however is Hara Akira, WHY DID THEY CHANGE HIM INTO A GIRL! It spoils all the fun damn it.

Well apart from that, the screaming girl and the principal i really love it ^^ In fact for the moment, more than the adaptation of Hana Yori Dango... But there's still a long way to go ^^
Image

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Re: Hi

Post by seirin » Jul 5th, '07, 07:36

phenally wrote:Hi all, this is my first time posting here in d-addicts. I cant wait for the subbed hana kimi to come out :wub: ... after hana yori dango, I have been waiting for the new series from shun ( Just love him so much in hanadan as rui ! :wub: )

I havent read the hana kimi manga yet... anyone know where i can download it ? I have tried mangadownload.net but it doesnt seem to work :-(

anyway, have to agree with evil_zai, shun is a very talented actor. He totally convinced me that he has hearing problem in summer snow.
not sure if I'm allowed to reupload manga. Here's the upload expiring in July 6 or 7
http://www.sendspace.com/file/clt3ln (part 1)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zzxknj (part 2)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/treq41(part 3)
vol 1-23

User avatar
wat3rm3lon
Posts: 357
Joined: Jul 25th, '06, 02:54
Location: ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

Re: Hi

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jul 5th, '07, 07:40

seirin wrote:
phenally wrote:Hi all, this is my first time posting here in d-addicts. I cant wait for the subbed hana kimi to come out :wub: ... after hana yori dango, I have been waiting for the new series from shun ( Just love him so much in hanadan as rui ! :wub: )

I havent read the hana kimi manga yet... anyone know where i can download it ? I have tried mangadownload.net but it doesnt seem to work :-(

anyway, have to agree with evil_zai, shun is a very talented actor. He totally convinced me that he has hearing problem in summer snow.
not sure if I'm allowed to reupload manga. Here's the upload expiring in July 6 or 7
http://www.sendspace.com/file/clt3ln (part 1)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zzxknj (part 2)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/treq41(part 3)
vol 1-23
If anyone would like to just read it online, rather than download it.
Just go here:

http://www.thespectrum.net/

On the left hand navigation bar, click Manga scans, scroll down a bit, and click Hana Kimi. They rotate through the volumes about every 5 days, so if you can't wait 5 more days, download the scans. Spectrum Nexus ownss.

Hope I was of help, too :D.
Image

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 07:46

Thanks for those links, I'll give Hana Kimi another chance ;)

User avatar
lunargen
Posts: 278
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 16:11
Location: US

Post by lunargen » Jul 5th, '07, 07:52

from what i've been reading so far, most of us, i myself included, are inevitably dragged into comparing the jdrama to the tw one and the manga. it's ok to do so, but then i hope this does not hinder us from enjoying the jdrama just because it wasn't as good as the manga or the tw drama. they are different platforms, so i hope we keep an open mind about each one ne. each one has to be able to stand up on its own and have originality which will make it memorable for the viewers. cause personally, i don't think i'd like them all to be the same. don't you? :D
the only thing im worried about is that the characters' personalities were a altered a bit too much from the manga. i dont mind that they changed the setting, plot, and other stuff, as long as they keep to the gist of the characters' personalities. take the sano-nakatsu conflict for example. it makes people think that nakatsu got really mad at sano for being the sulky guy he is now after the accident, when in the manga, he just simply understood sano's case and supported him in it, and he didn't isolate sano from the rest of the troop.

so far that's the only thing that really bugs me. that and akiha hara's photography being fused with karasuma fangirl-ism with sano. XD but bear in mind that i understand why they created that conflict, its just that i worry that the sano and nakatsu i know would be too different hehehe.
ps: i think the others here dont know yet, but the subs are already out, but its not by BON fansubs, it's by arashi@vox. i think most haven't seen that it was posted here earlier since this thread has been moving lightning fast. XD *imagine 20+ pages in a day @.@ *
Last edited by lunargen on Jul 5th, '07, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 5th, '07, 07:54

Ladymercury wrote:
shinigama09 wrote:Firstly, this is my comparison of the Taiwan version and so far Japanese version of Hana Kimi.

Characters- in the Taiwan drama seems to be flat because a character seems only like the "cute" one or the "silly one". Ella was the cute one and Jiro was the silly one. There wasn't enough character development. The characters in the Japanese drama to me seems better because it shows different emotion evoking from the main lead, Horikata. The director took more time to make the characters more abstract. In one scene, she cuts her hair as great symbolism than just a school crush fling. It also shows Ikuta's more serious side than his simple goofy Jiro.

Entertainment- So far, the Taiwan drama is much more amusing because Ella's facial expression amuses the audience and the constant teasing from Wu Chun makes the watchers feels excited for and anticipate for. It also includes many unrealistic comical aspects. So far, the Japanese seems a bit more mundane because it had not involve too many emotions of the characters.

Acting- Of course, the acting in the Japanese version is better for it realistic perspective. Ella's facial expression were very cute, but it wasn't realistic. Horikata also did not try to act cute, but try to be a boy even though she's girl. I didn't however find Wu Chun's acting a little more exciting then Oguri Shun's. Ikuta's acting is better than Jiro Wang because he showed differents aspects of the charater (mad,sympathetic,caring, etc.)

Appearance:
-Character- I think Horikata is much prettier than Ella even though she is exceptionally cute. However, Ella looks more like a boy than Horikata. Of course, Japan is famous for pretty boys. Oguri Shun has the better body because of is long torso and legs while Wu Chun is a tad too muscular for my taste. Wu Chun's face is just so cute and handsome though. Ikuta was not my cuppa tea. JIro Wang was better looking. Plus, Oguri and Ikuta look sorta too tan. Maybe because I like paler guys.
-Setting- THe Taiwan set seems sorta smaller because of the narrow hallways and the close together rooms. It seems bare and naked because there weren't that many students at the school except for a total of like 7. The campus in the Japanese Drama seems huge with so...many students and huge dorms with two floors. By taste, I though the Taiwan set was prettier.
-Outfits- I like the Japanese clothing a bit better. It was a bit exaggerated with the cape, but it added more color to the drama. It made it easier to differentiate characters like the fangirls, cape people, karate fighters, etc. The Taiwan version was generally the same but probably more practical and realistic.
Well, I understood the capes... They were a drama club and... being over the top emphasized their desire of drama. Also, to make the group completely whacked out.

Personally Mizuki looks too much like Haruhi from Ouran. Like, if this was an Ouran live action, she would be the perfect Haruhi. Again, I have not really read Hana Kimi nor seen the Taiwanese drama, but the vibe I get from her is more Haruhi than anything. Maybe she can seperate herself a bit and flesh into someone else before it seems like I'm watching Ouran High School Host Club, except without the host club.

that was really well said. haha... and the whole japanese hana kimi thing brings back nostalgia from Hana Yori Dango!!! the pompom girls reminds me of the 3 girls who keeps harassing makino! lolz...

User avatar
Yekiel
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 12th, '05, 16:02

Re: Hi

Post by Yekiel » Jul 5th, '07, 08:05

seirin wrote:not sure if I'm allowed to reupload manga. Here's the upload expiring in July 6 or 7
http://www.sendspace.com/file/clt3ln (part 1)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zzxknj (part 2)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/treq41(part 3)
vol 1-23
Whoa! I was searching all over for this! Hontouni arigatou gozaimashita!!!
Currently watching: Bull Fighting, Down with Love, Easy Fortune Happy Life, Sunao Ni Narenakute
Favourite Dorama: Love Shuffle, Buzzer Beat, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Nodame Cantabile, Itazura na Kiss

ladyusagi
Posts: 86
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 00:08

Post by ladyusagi » Jul 5th, '07, 08:15

i don't really mind that they didn't start according to the timeline as the manga. as long as the stay with the essence of the manga then i'm fine with a bit of mixing around of events. it shouldn't be a big problem either. i didn't really get the "jerk" vibe from nakatsu. the boy just wanted to be in first place. and like i said earlier i feel like the class was just teasing the newbie. it was like an initiation thing. well, that's how i feel about that. and it's only the first episode so the characters haven't been fleshed out yet. i think it's still too soon to judge. however, i do understand that people have different opinions about things. i just know that I'M gonna enjoy this drama even if it's not "exactly" like the manga or something.

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 08:44

Well, guys like to haze the newbies. It was just a hazing process that she had to go through... not that she was being bullied. It just seemed that way since us girls don't use " hazing " for initiation. :P Mostly to emphasize that it wasn't going to be that easy blending into a school full of guys.

User avatar
Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 18:36
Location: none of your business.

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 08:53

Funnykido wrote:Hello!

I was able today to rip the ending theme song 'Peach' by Otsuka Ai from the first episode of Hana Kimi.

It's in mp3 format and about a minute and 40 seconds long, if anybody wants it.

Here's the sendspace link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qgpu1t

I and I'm sure many got already the full version of PEACH in HQ.
If you or someone else wants it, PM me.
I'll upload.

User avatar
maki325
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 3rd, '07, 09:48
Location: Canada

Post by maki325 » Jul 5th, '07, 09:19

thankzz for the song.. XDDD

User avatar
Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 301
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 18:36
Location: none of your business.

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 09:41

I find it funny that Toma (Nakatsu) will get nose blood because starring at Maki : D
So actually he will become gay. (He doesnt know that Maki is a girl! what means, he fall in love with a boy : D. PSEUDO GAY.)
Also someone else is gay there, no?
Someone loves the senpai from the Dorm 2 (forgot the name!).
Hot boy x Hot boy = pure hotness!

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Jul 5th, '07, 10:49

I'm waiting to see more this side of Nakatsu, in the 1st eps he was little wild, rebel yet not really Nakatsu ^_^

User avatar
j_halo7
Posts: 374
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 06:04
Location: Singapore

Post by j_halo7 » Jul 5th, '07, 10:52

MiIiyah wrote:Also someone else is gay there, no?
Someone loves the senpai from the Dorm 2 (forgot the name!).
Hot boy x Hot boy = pure hotness!
yep, someone does like Nanba. the guy whos tower dropped when he banged into Nakatsu and erm Nakatsu saw something he shouldn't see and scream. yep, that guy likes Nanba senpai. :lol

User avatar
sp4078
Posts: 99
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 06:07
Location: North America

Post by sp4078 » Jul 5th, '07, 11:04

j_halo7 wrote:
MiIiyah wrote:Also someone else is gay there, no?
Someone loves the senpai from the Dorm 2 (forgot the name!).
Hot boy x Hot boy = pure hotness!
yep, someone does like Nanba. the guy whos tower dropped when he banged into Nakatsu and erm Nakatsu saw something he shouldn't see and scream. yep, that guy likes Nanba senpai. :lol
Also the doctor.

User avatar
nanikore
Posts: 226
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 04:14

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 11:08

Nomanymore wrote: Again I feel the big difference betwwen the TW & this one.. I dun't hav intention to compare, just that I find this vers deeper, the characters are more 'human' & 'real' :)
i agree.

User avatar
nanikore
Posts: 226
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 04:14

Post by nanikore » Jul 5th, '07, 11:10

Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:does anyone have only ending theme video

it is so cOol I want it XD :wub:
yea! the ending sequence is so cooL!

User avatar
unkei
Posts: 89
Joined: Oct 19th, '05, 12:41
Location: australia

Post by unkei » Jul 5th, '07, 11:42

people seemed to be unhappy with the way certain events in the manga have been mixed up chronologically. is that such a huge deal? if they're going to squeeze more than 20 volumes into 12 episodes, they will HAVE to combine arcs. personally i love the fact that in the process of combining, they've changed enough of the manga to give it an unpredictability and freshness that is pleasantly surprising. it gives the drama a surprise element that i was worried that having read the entire series, i wouldn't experience.

on nakatsu~
people seem to think he's a jerk. i can't see it at all, UNLESS you've watched the episode without subtitles. at the beginning, when the practial jokes were played on mizuki, you hear nakatsu say something along the lines of "let's do it~" which gives the impression that it's a tradition for them to 'welcome' new students in such a way. mizuki was definitely not bullied - she was befriended immediately afterwards, and you don't see her being shunned in dormitory meetings and etc neither.

nakatsu was also incredibly competitive about winning to competition because he wanted to do it for his grandmother, but during the actual race, he was persuading mizuki to stop as she had started bleeding, AND he gave up the chance at victory to help the fallen mizuki. did everyone just MISS these parts?!

sano and nakatsu seem to have a kind of rift between them that was never present in the manga, but that seemed to have been sorted out by the 2nd episode. the relationship chart also marks them as best friends.
it's true that the drama doesn't stay entirely faithful to the manga, but as a stand-alone, it has great entertainment value. for the fans who are looking to see events from the manga directly replicated in the live-action, it is an almost impossible task to do in a span of only 12 episodes. i'm happy that changes have been made, but only to the extent that the drama still encompasses the core elements of the manga.

jess22
Posts: 39
Joined: Jun 20th, '07, 06:23

Post by jess22 » Jul 5th, '07, 11:56

Just saw the first episode and it was great!

A quick question:
Who stepped on Ashiya's foot? Was it the Dorm 1 guys?

User avatar
Ladymercury
Posts: 575
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 06:04

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '07, 12:05

nanikore wrote:
Oguri_Shun_lover wrote:does anyone have only ending theme video

it is so cOol I want it XD :wub:
yea! the ending sequence is so cooL!

You ask and I give :) :salut:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/waghyl

There ya go, the ending.

User avatar
j_halo7
Posts: 374
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 06:04
Location: Singapore

Post by j_halo7 » Jul 5th, '07, 12:39

jess22 wrote:Just saw the first episode and it was great!

A quick question:
Who stepped on Ashiya's foot? Was it the Dorm 1 guys?
yeah, someone from Dorm 1. when Sano caught one of them in the toilet and asked him wat did they do, that guy said they were afraid of Tennouji who is the Dorm 1's head.
lol...! i just realized ur nick is jess. my name is jessica too. such a coincidence. jess replying to jess. haha! sorry, im lame...

Pekana
Posts: 53
Joined: Dec 22nd, '06, 01:18

Post by Pekana » Jul 5th, '07, 13:04

I watched it and I liked it. Very much in fact. As I've read about half of the manga I could tell that they've made changes in the sequence of events, but I didn't mind it at all. As someone stated before, this is a 12 episode drama so it should have a faster pace than a 23 volume manga.

The characters:
(Putting the spoiler tags in just to be safe)
Mizuki - Horikita Maki did an even better job than I expected. I think she's a perfect Mizuki with her girly boyishness (if that phrase even makes sense). She manages to change quickly between funny, cute and more serious moments.

Sano - Oguri Shun is, I have to admit, very attractive in this role. The coldness of his character I thought emphasised Sano's isolation well - it seems like he's the one who has distanced himself from everyone due to the high jump thing and not the other way around. Looking forward to him "thawing" due to Mizuki's influence.

Nakatsu - Very "pretend macho" :lol Ikuta Toma did a good job. The drama actually gives this character more depth and conflict than the loveable, but goofy Nakatsu of the manga, but I'm not against that.

Umeda - Kamikawa Takaya may not look like the character from the manga (though he is a good looking man), but I think in his first encounter with Mizuki he got the character down pat. He really had that creepy vibe that Umeda often has when he zoomed in on Mizuki. And does he wear blue contacts or did my eyes play tricks on me? :O

The dorm heads - were excellent especially Tennouji and Himejima. The characters were as over the top as in the manga.

The principal - Yes, Matsuda Seiko looks like she lied about her age on her passport, but other than being a beautiful principal why is she there? It's a very empty role.

The fangirls - could've done without them, but meh. Whatever.
And now to the character who was the most perfect of them all...

Yujiro is such an irresistably cute dog! :wub: :lol

User avatar
kozumifan
Posts: 1731
Joined: Apr 6th, '07, 02:30
Location: Here

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '07, 13:21

Pekana wrote:I watched it and I liked it. Very much in fact. As I've read about half of the manga I could tell that they've made changes in the sequence of events, but I didn't mind it at all. As someone stated before, this is a 12 episode drama so it should have a faster pace than a 23 volume manga.

The characters:
(Putting the spoiler tags in just to be safe)
Mizuki - Horikita Maki did an even better job than I expected. I think she's a perfect Mizuki with her girly boyishness (if that phrase even makes sense). She manages to change quickly between funny, cute and more serious moments.

Sano - Oguri Shun is, I have to admit, very attractive in this role. The coldness of his character I thought emphasised Sano's isolation well - it seems like he's the one who has distanced himself from everyone due to the high jump thing and not the other way around. Looking forward to him "thawing" due to Mizuki's influence.

Nakatsu - Very "pretend macho" :lol Ikuta Toma did a good job. The drama actually gives this character more depth and conflict than the loveable, but goofy Nakatsu of the manga, but I'm not against that.

Umeda - Kamikawa Takaya may not look like the character from the manga (though he is a good looking man), but I think in his first encounter with Mizuki he got the character down pat. He really had that creepy vibe that Umeda often has when he zoomed in on Mizuki. And does he wear blue contacts or did my eyes play tricks on me? :O

The dorm heads - were excellent especially Tennouji and Himejima. The characters were as over the top as in the manga.

The principal - Yes, Matsuda Seiko looks like she lied about her age on her passport, but other than being a beautiful principal why is she there? It's a very empty role.

The fangirls - could've done without them, but meh. Whatever.
And now to the character who was the most perfect of them all...

Yujiro is such an irresistably cute dog! :wub: :lol
i agree with everything you say though, i did like the fangirll part...
Image
Image Image

jess22
Posts: 39
Joined: Jun 20th, '07, 06:23

Post by jess22 » Jul 5th, '07, 13:45

j_halo7 wrote:
jess22 wrote:Just saw the first episode and it was great!

A quick question:
Who stepped on Ashiya's foot? Was it the Dorm 1 guys?
yeah, someone from Dorm 1. when Sano caught one of them in the toilet and asked him wat did they do, that guy said they were afraid of Tennouji who is the Dorm 1's head.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was Dorm 1 or Dorm 3 :)
j_halo7 wrote:lol...! i just realized ur nick is jess. my name is jessica too. such a coincidence. jess replying to jess. haha! sorry, im lame...
Heehee :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest