[Discussion] Papa to Musume no Nanokakan -

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 12th, '07, 06:03

Actually, IsqB is Japanese herself!
motao wrote:
lsqB wrote: actually, families taking bath together isn't that big of a deal in Japan... believe it or not.
I mean, yeah, no teenage girl would take bath with her father... that's a little inappropriate, but generally it's accepted. I had classmates where the whole family would take bath together (mom+dad+2 older brother+6yrold sister) so they can save water/energy.
I don't think IsqB is familiar with Japanese culture or Japanese people's daily life. The classmates mentioned are very, very, very rare in Japan. Or, they may not be Japanese.
lsqB wrote: that's a little inappropriate, but generally it's accepted.
No kidding!!! Far from "a little!!!"
As for the show, I'm loving it. After watching some other "same old" dramas this season, I'm absolutely loving how refreshing this is - oh and how damn funny!

motao

Post by motao » Jul 12th, '07, 08:42

GoddessCarlie wrote:Actually, IsqB is Japanese herself!
Judging from what she wrote, I doubt it.
Last edited by motao on Jul 12th, '07, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Jul 12th, '07, 08:59

Hmm, well... So far I like the series. Yes, the plot is NOT new, it goes back to... I don't know. I remember a movie from the 80s with Steve Martin in it that had a similar plot. However, I find it refreshing in this one appearance. I really like the performance of the father.

As for the bathing issue. I have a couple of friends in Japan and never before has anyone of them told me that a whole family would take a bath together. I'm always living at the same minshuku when I'm over there and I've never encountered anything like that either. Actually, this thread is the first time that I hear something like that.

If we really want, we could drag the onsen into this, however, there are only a few onsen where genders are not separated (and they are usually located on the countryside) and you only share the hot water after cleaning yourself. Local bath houses in the big cities (they still exist but are struggling, of course, most people these days have their own baths at home) usually have separated areas, too.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 12th, '07, 15:40

motao wrote:
lsqB wrote: actually, families taking bath together isn't that big of a deal in Japan... believe it or not.
I mean, yeah, no teenage girl would take bath with her father... that's a little inappropriate, but generally it's accepted. I had classmates where the whole family would take bath together (mom+dad+2 older brother+6yrold sister) so they can save water/energy.
I don't think IsqB is familiar with Japanese culture or Japanese people's daily life. The classmates mentioned are very, very, very rare in Japan. Or, they may not be Japanese.
notice my classmate = the 6yrold sister.
I was 6 too.
but then, I took bath with my mom until 10 too...

oh, and there's a difference between shower and bath. Of course you take showers by yourself, but you take baths together. sometimes.

well it's okay. not everyone's a Tokyonese. We lived in place where we actually had a single-family house and three bedrooms and two walk-in closets.

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Jul 13th, '07, 07:41

We need to make more noise about this series by making a lot of posts. It simply does not get the attention it deserves. I watched the first two episodes last night and I thought the humor was witty and not overkilled. The lead actor nailed his part so well. He is a star. Too bad everyone is drawn towards the cute boys of Hana Kimi. They should be watching this if they want real comedy.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 13th, '07, 11:46

I really think that this drama has the potential to last the test of time. While seasons later other dramas will disappear and be forgettable, this drama really could stick around for a while. It's funny, the acting is great, and I'm enjoying the story line (although the school side of it more than the work). Sure there isn't as much buzz as Hana Kimi, but I think it'll stick around. What do you think?

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 13th, '07, 11:54

Deffinatly will stick around.
The acting is brilliant and make an old story really come alive.
This ones a good'n

Daish

Post by Daish » Jul 14th, '07, 02:41

Man, you know when i first saw the synopsis of this drama i was thinking "YES!, comedy drama (i'm a sucker for slap stick comedy dramas), there's aragaki (eye candy factor), and that she can finally prove that she can act (or fail miserably at it, ALL of her previous roles were without a doubt stand there and look good roles).

I think it has worked out pretty good (for me) up til now, once in a while showing skills she did not before though i've yet to find something that wows me. Though I can't deny I have no hope of her out shining that father actor (sorry don't know his name) partly by the guy -> girl vs girl -> guy factor. A teenage flamboyant middle aged man just inherently is more funny than a manly women.

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 14th, '07, 17:53

heh. imagine being the father, can't be comfortable(sp) to be in his shoes and having to see his daughters tits etc...

^ may sound weird but wtf !

choco_panda

Post by choco_panda » Jul 14th, '07, 19:46

i love this dorama. It got the top priority in my 'must watch' of this season, mainly cuz Aragaki is in it.
And it didnt fail me! Love this XD
very funny + Yui is just way too adorable

mikaila

Post by mikaila » Jul 14th, '07, 20:04

Very good acting, both the father and daughter!!
One of my favorite doramas this season!! :cheers:
Aragaki Yui is also my favorite actress :D

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Jul 15th, '07, 13:38

I finally got round to watching this drama because I heard it was pretty good...and absolutely no regrets! It's funny and well-acted. I think Yui and the actor who played her dad are doing really well in their roles...especially Papa ROFL! OMG, every time he sits girlishly or hugs his bag to his body or lies on his tummy with his legs sticking up...gosh. I laugh and cringe at the same time, and that's good ;) It's also interesting seeing a drama based on father-daughter love. Lots of daughters tend to grow away from their father...and it's really a pity, though I wouldn't exactly recommend such a bizarre solution!

I'm also quite glad that they put in the dilemma over bathing and going to the toilet. Lots of shows/stories that talk about transferring physical bodies don't touch on that sensitive but vital point :D

And may I add, Yui is adorable, and Shige...for the first time, I'm actually thinking he's hot. Long may it last!

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 15th, '07, 16:25

ninjabunny wrote:We need to make more noise about this series by making a lot of posts. It simply does not get the attention it deserves. I watched the first two episodes last night and I thought the humor was witty and not overkilled. The lead actor nailed his part so well. He is a star. Too bad everyone is drawn towards the cute boys of Hana Kimi. They should be watching this if they want real comedy.
agreed. this series does need more attention. and "papa" does great as a girl trapped in a man's body. and as far as cute boys, hey this has Shige~
he got ignored in tonights ep though =/ because koume was studying... but he was still nice to her later when he gave her notes to study.
he was so cute in this ep at the part right b4 get got ignored
Last edited by nanikore on Jul 15th, '07, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 15th, '07, 16:27

Neji-sama wrote:heh. imagine being the father, can't be comfortable(sp) to be in his shoes and having to see his daughters tits etc...

^ may sound weird but wtf !
thats why his "daughter" bathes/changes "him" everyday

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 15th, '07, 21:06

I can't... translate this... I'm laughing so hard I keep missing the end points lololololol....
I lasted 5 minutes......:lol

but I promise it's going to get done before monday. :salut:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 16th, '07, 11:48

Haha good luck with the subbing, I loved last nights episode it was so hilarious, I feel so sorry for that poor boy though getting ignored, and getting a mix between good and bad reactions from the girls not to mention having to deal with the father who acts crazy, its so great.
Everyone of these actors really brings this drama along!

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 16th, '07, 15:16

Yorokobi wrote:Haha good luck with the subbing, I loved last nights episode it was so hilarious, I feel so sorry for that poor boy though getting ignored, and getting a mix between good and bad reactions from the girls not to mention having to deal with the father who acts crazy, its so great.
Everyone of these actors really brings this drama along!
agreed.
poor shige, ne?
and for those that have seen the ep or just want to know spoiler...
i absolutely HATE Sada Mayumi's (a.k.a. Shizuka from HYD) character in this series! :glare: she's purposely trying to tear the Kawahara family apart just so she can hook up with the dad! she purposely tried to make the wife lose her trust in papa. i was giving the tv mean looks whenever she showed up on screen. :lol

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 16th, '07, 15:30

@nanikore's spoiler

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!
I thought she was harmless. She played such a sweet character in HYD I was completely fooled. Yes, I don't like her now.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 16th, '07, 16:57

nanikore & lsqB wrote:
i absolutely HATE Sada Mayumi's (a.k.a. Shizuka from HYD) character in this series! :glare: she's purposely trying to tear the Kawahara family apart just so she can hook up with the dad! she purposely tried to make the wife lose her trust in papa. i was giving the tv mean looks whenever she showed up on screen. :lol
I thought she was harmless. She played such a sweet character in HYD I was completely fooled. Yes, I don't like her now.
Personally, I think a better looking actress wouldve been more suited to play Sada Mayumi's roles in both HYD and Papa to Musume no Nanokakan. :roll

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jul 16th, '07, 22:42

Please don't ban me for saying this: (hidden for possible censorship, not for spoilers)
But if I ever become a guy, I would be quite curious as to how male-organsms would feel like. Of course, for a daughter to be touching her dad's body like that would be quite yucky to say the least. :pale: But still, the curiosity is there.

And for the dad, I would love to see an episode where he gets to experience that monthly most-inconvenient thing. :crazy:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 16th, '07, 22:57

sakurachan: aaaaah so THAT's why it's only for a week. that makes sense.

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jul 17th, '07, 08:50

@IsqB,

But wouldn't it have been funny if it were that particular week of the month?

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 17th, '07, 13:02

^haha omg that wouldve been priceless

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 17th, '07, 13:07

chokubi wrote:
nanikore & lsqB wrote:
Personally, I think a better looking actress wouldve been more suited to play Sada Mayumi's roles in both HYD and Papa to Musume no Nanokakan. :roll
I think despite her character being bad shes doing a great job of acting the part!
I was totally fooled into thinking she was a nice person (looks like im easy game for tricksters :( ) but she does evil so well. I was impressed and somewhat scared by her

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 17th, '07, 13:15

@yorokobi

Don't worry. We can be gullible together :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 17th, '07, 13:17

lsqB wrote:@yorokobi

Don't worry. We can be gullible together :D
YAY!!!! At least im not alone. Not that that is entirely a good thing ^_^
It will be interesting to see what happens with her character though.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 18th, '07, 06:56

Another gullible one here!
I thought something was up with the immediate tension with her and the mother when they first met. Arg! At least she is bringing some more tension to the show... I always try and think positive!

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jul 19th, '07, 00:44

you know what got me thinking that woman was... suspicious to say the least?
The same thing that "teenage" dad thought when "he" saw her speaking with nakajima after the previous night's dinner at the restaurant.
She was all sooooo "cutesy" and happy-looking while speaking with him, for someone who supposedly doesn't want to get "bothered" with unwanted intimacy between co-workers, she sure was expressing otherwise with her action!
So koume thought: that's weird. She's not what she looks like. We women can sure see through each other's facades... Exactly!
But "teenage" dad seemed to forget that later on... I wonder why...
Anyway, the show has gone great so far, thanks for the translations Lily!

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Jul 19th, '07, 04:38

omgosh papa to musume's SO FUNNY!!!

hehehe i'm a NewS (more so YamapPi) fan buttt i liked Shige the leastt.. but he's so cute in this drama! hahahaha i feel so bad for him.. aww poor shige. :wub:
so this is how bitches start affairs.. i would never consciously try to break up a family like that!!!! i think she's a pretty good actress too.. and pretty!

anchan

Post by anchan » Jul 19th, '07, 05:44

i wonder if anyone would have koume's cellphone ringtone when she receives mail and phonecalls...it's so cute

this drama is so funny. love the papa!!!

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jul 21st, '07, 22:56

I think the mom must've picked up something. Remember she commented that Koume had used a different shampoo? She must've also smelled it in her husband's hand the night before.

Now that she's beginning to suspect him of cheating, she would start to observe him more frequently. And that's when she will discover what they've been doing for the past few days when she was blow-drying her hair. :)

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 21st, '07, 22:56

well this thread is silent... I saw Tachi Hiroshi on TV for someone's funeral the other day, and my ears reacted to the news anchor... Oh, I think it was the 20th anniversary of his talent agency's founding president's death. I see I see....and I'm just talking to myself here huh.

I'll be translating more goodies next week after the ep4 rush is over. Come to think of it, I haven't done ANYTHING yet and the series is almost half-over. eeeek!!

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jul 21st, '07, 23:03

anchan wrote:i wonder if anyone would have koume's cellphone ringtone when she receives mail and phonecalls...it's so cute

this drama is so funny. love the papa!!!
It's not too hard to do it yourself. For example, on Mac OS X, you can download the free program iSpeak to convert any text into mp3 file. Then you can download another free program Audacity to change the pitch and tempo to make it sound cute.

On Windows, I think you can even do better, since there seem to be this demo software "Voice of Japan" that can speak Japanese text.

I believe her ringtone says, "oi, denwa da yo." Although I'm not 100% sure. I deleted ep. 1 and 2 already.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 21st, '07, 23:12

sakurachan wrote:I believe her ringtone says, "oi, denwa da yo." Although I'm not 100% sure. I deleted ep. 1 and 2 already.
lol there's no "oi" in the beginning. just "denwa da yo" and "meeru da yo"

oi is so...old man-ish! :P

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jul 21st, '07, 23:35

lsqB wrote:
sakurachan wrote:I believe her ringtone says, "oi, denwa da yo." Although I'm not 100% sure. I deleted ep. 1 and 2 already.
lol there's no "oi" in the beginning. just "denwa da yo" and "meeru da yo"

oi is so...old man-ish! :P
Yea, I got that from the beginning of ep. 3 when she (or he rather) was pretending to be on the phone while hinting her dad (or his daughter, argh!!! so confused. :scratch: ) to pick up. :D

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 21st, '07, 23:56

Ehhh I cant wait for episode 4. Downloading right now!
I'm really serious how thing will turn out with Kenta and Koume (well her dad!).
I really think he will approach him.
It was so funny when Koume cried because her dad stolen her "first hug". His acting is really good. Cant wait to see more such funny things(even though it was sad, I laughed there.)

Good luck Lily!

anchan

Post by anchan » Jul 21st, '07, 23:56

thanks so much...i'll see if i can do it....

cuz i don't have the program "voice of japan" on windows to do it....i guess i'll see if i can access it....

thanks again.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 22nd, '07, 02:40

yay next episode airs tonight i cant wait!!1

penko

Post by penko » Jul 22nd, '07, 04:41

Hi guys,

may i know Where can i watch papa to musume with english subs?

i can only find the episode one XD

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 22nd, '07, 05:00

im pretty sure veoh has it with subs

DramaholicxD

Post by DramaholicxD » Jul 22nd, '07, 07:48

it does... but it keep stopping T____T;;
is anyone subbing this other than the jLand guy?

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 22nd, '07, 12:46

DramaholicxD wrote:it does... but it keep stopping T____T;;
is anyone subbing this other than the jLand guy?
.... :glare:

well, got my site (link in the sig) and you'll see that I also put up the hardsubs in youtube AND on my own domain... just look around ^^

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 22nd, '07, 14:13

^haha jLand "guy" :lol

i missed chunks of tonight's ep but
poor Shige/Kenta gets ignored again.... :cry:
Sada Mayumi's character is annoying and i hate her character :glare:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 23rd, '07, 00:28

Last nights episode was a bit harder for me to follow because it was a lot of talking and using japanese words I dont understand straight off but I still managed to get the gerneral gist of it.
I felt last nights episode was good but not as good as previous episodes. I felt there wasn't enough humour in last nights episode for a comedy drama. Hope it gets funnier again next week.
Poor Kenta :-( the poor boy has no idea!

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 23rd, '07, 01:13

Yorokobi wrote:
Last nights episode was a bit harder for me to follow because it was a lot of talking and using japanese words I dont understand straight off but I still managed to get the gerneral gist of it.
I felt last nights episode was good but not as good as previous episodes. I felt there wasn't enough humour in last nights episode for a comedy drama. Hope it gets funnier again next week.
I think... the key to last night's episode lay in the conversation. I loved it... it was a lot easier to focus and sub than episode 3 at least. And... since the key to this ep was conversation, I guess I need to make my translation top-notch so the English world knows how good it is! I'm up to the challenge :salut:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 23rd, '07, 01:22

Good Luck!!!! i'll be waiting ^_^

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jul 23rd, '07, 10:28

lsqB wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:
I think... the key to last night's episode lay in the conversation. I loved it... it was a lot easier to focus and sub than episode 3 at least. And... since the key to this ep was conversation, I guess I need to make my translation top-notch so the English world knows how good it is! I'm up to the challenge :salut:
ganbatte!

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 23rd, '07, 17:57

There is an interview up with many pictures. Check it out.
Seems Tachi and Aragaki are good friends in RL as well. =]
At least I can on the pictures see that they had lots of fun!

Interview: http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertain ... raph/26_2/

The interview itself is about the dorama.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 23rd, '07, 19:30

Yorokobi wrote:I felt there wasn't enough humour in last nights episode for a comedy drama.
I thought the parts with the Star Wars(?) BGM was kinda funny (ie. the President's entry and Koume's chasing scenes with her homeroom(?) teacher).
The part where Papa said, "he spoke" @ 32:51 was funny too; gave the impression that the President was like an object rather than a human being.

Can't wait for ep5 too, where the Mum finally finds out about the truth of the body switch.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 23rd, '07, 19:37

chokubi wrote:
Can't wait for ep5 too, where the Mum finally finds out about the truth of the body switch.
I doubt that'll happen... it's probably an オチ :lol

but I shouldn't even be writing this in the first place :whistling:

the srt is probably going to be done sometime around 9pm because I'm just procastinating f(^_^;)

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 23rd, '07, 19:42

lsqB wrote:[
the srt is probably going to be done sometime around 9pm because I'm just procastinating f(^_^;)
Looking forward to watch this Eps.. :mrgreen:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 23rd, '07, 22:43

I'm resisting the spoilers! I've got episode 4 downloading right now. :) I love this show!

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Jul 24th, '07, 13:06

No episode next week?! OMG. How do I survive? *dramatic*
I like Sada Mayumi's character. Okay, I don't like HER, but I like her role in the drama. Conflict, conflict!
Poor Kenta must be so confused, with Koume changing like the weather towards him.
And 'Papa' doesn't seem to be in a good position, does he? All the added responsibility of the Rainbow Dream project, his 'wife' thinking he's in an affair, his 'co-worker' having the hots for him, his other 'co-worker' seeing him in an 'embrace' with her...gosh! The amount of trouble that 'Papa' can stir up within four days!

BTW, is anyone else kinda surprised that the bunch of department heads are so dense? I thought the cardinal rule in marketing/advertising was to know your target audience and cater to their needs accordingly, and yet the bunch of department heads seemingly have zero idea about their own target audience, i.e. teenage girls. Is it how it really is in Japan/the working marketing world, them being so interested in protecting their brand name/pleasing the boss that they totally ignore the fact that they're supposed to be marketing stuff?

All I know is that if I ever proposed selling boring looking perfumes in department stores at $30 to teenage girls for my marketing/advertising presentations last time, my lecturers would have cut me up in half :blink

Thanks to Lily for the awesome-tastic subs! They're so quick and the quality is good :)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Jul 25th, '07, 02:26

just watched ep1!
papa as a girl is cute! haha! XD
cna't wait for ep2! the date!

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jul 25th, '07, 03:42

I LOL'd when they used the Space Odyssey/Zarathusthra theme when the boss appeared.
The part where the teacher basically chased Koume around the school was funny also. Shige is so cute as Kenta. I love how he's always confused.

yck

Post by yck » Jul 25th, '07, 04:41

gemtsoi wrote:
BTW, is anyone else kinda surprised that the bunch of department heads are so dense? I thought the cardinal rule in marketing/advertising was to know your target audience and cater to their needs accordingly, and yet the bunch of department heads seemingly have zero idea about their own target audience, i.e. teenage girls. Is it how it really is in Japan/the working marketing world, them being so interested in protecting their brand name/pleasing the boss that they totally ignore the fact that they're supposed to be marketing stuff?

All I know is that if I ever proposed selling boring looking perfumes in department stores at $30 to teenage girls for my marketing/advertising presentations last time, my lecturers would have cut me up in half :blink
Totally agree; this situation will never happen in a westernized major corporation. This is basic Marketing/Econ/Strategic-planning 101 that has to be done before the project can even proceed. Not too many (if any at all) Japanese corporations will survive doing things this way in Japan, let alone in the international market.
That's why I don't like this episode as much as the previous ones because the scenario is just too ridiculous.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Jul 25th, '07, 09:26

wah! i wanna watch this!

i like both yui and shige!

kezianthei

Post by kezianthei » Jul 25th, '07, 10:09

i love koume and kenta.. <33

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 25th, '07, 10:26

Thanks for the excellent subs Lily! Maybe it's the romantic in me, but my favourite scenes are between Kenta, Koume and Papa.
I did like the meeting as I thought it was just making fun of the way the Japanese (or so I've read) do skip and dance around a lot of matters.

andre2907

Post by andre2907 » Jul 25th, '07, 10:59

I didn't liked the 4th episode.
It was slow because of all the conversation, but the main reason I didn't liked it was because Papa was such a jerk at Koume's school, I mean, he's a 48 year old guy, he should at least have a good excuse for all the idiot things and it was so selfish to leave a blank exam so he could listen to the meeting (with no purpose since she couldn't listen him anyway) and quite stupid to run... blah...

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 25th, '07, 12:21

yck wrote:
Totally agree; this situation will never happen in a westernized major corporation. This is basic Marketing/Econ/Strategic-planning 101 that has to be done before the project can even proceed. Not too many (if any at all) Japanese corporations will survive doing things this way in Japan, let alone in the international market.
Actually... from what I've read... this is what happens in Japanese corporations. People get too caught up in pleasing the superiors they forget that their target is the consumers.

@GoddessCarlie: It is. That's how most Japanese companies work, from what I understand. There's such a thing as tatemae (what you say) and honne (what you think) that everyone stresses on too. I mean like, don't show your honne at work, etc.

@andre2907
Well, the conversation WAS the key to this episode and what made it so good for me ^_^ And personally... I don't think he was being a jerk. He was doing his best. But maybe you're right... because Koume will probably accuse him of the same thing. "Dad" is too cute to get angry at :lol
[/spoiler]

homemade

Post by homemade » Jul 26th, '07, 00:38

this is getting better and better!! :lol

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Jul 28th, '07, 19:57

i like this ^^ koume is pretty, i think she acted with tegoshi before? she's pretty good in her acting skilss. but does anyone noticed that actually the way shige runs, talks, walks and going up and down the stairs etc etc is kinda.. not natural? like tyring to be cool? O_o he's my fave in NEWS, but seeing this is kinda.. erhem .O_o

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Jul 29th, '07, 10:30

omg that tripping scene is <333

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 29th, '07, 13:57

[quote="foxhana"the way shige runs, talks, walks and going up and down the stairs etc etc is kinda.. not natural? like tyring to be cool? O_o he's my fave in NEWS, but seeing this is kinda.. erhem .O_o[/quote]

I noticed that too! it seems like he's dancing when he walks up to Koume in ep4 f(^_^;)
I think he -is- acting out how kenta's trying to be cool though...

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Jul 29th, '07, 20:09

yes yes!! but.. dont you think its erm.. alittle over? like.. its like.. say.. doesnt it remind you of andy lau's way of running somewhat ten years ago? i think this kind of skills are only good when andy lau's doing it, not any other people. ^^|| *huggles shige*

also i thought his char was supposed to be someone who dont talk much? why the over acting? O_O

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 30th, '07, 12:58

foxhana wrote:yes yes!! but.. dont you think its erm.. alittle over? like.. its like.. say.. doesnt it remind you of andy lau's way of running somewhat ten years ago? i think this kind of skills are only good when andy lau's doing it, not any other people. ^^|| *huggles shige*

also i thought his char was supposed to be someone who dont talk much? why the over acting? O_O
oh, it makes more sense after you read his interview. I'll translate that... soon...

Yotsuba

Post by Yotsuba » Jul 31st, '07, 12:39

here you go koume's ringtone XD
Attachments
ptmnn-denwadayo.zip
papa to musume no nanokakan - koume's cell phone ringtone - denwa da yo
(32.68 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Jul 31st, '07, 15:58

@yotsuba: the ringtone <333...thanks for sharing :)

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jul 31st, '07, 16:05

I wait for the episod 5 :cry:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jul 31st, '07, 18:59

Moondy wrote:I wait for the episod 5 :cry:
me too! \^o^/

eomot

Post by eomot » Jul 31st, '07, 22:17

You'll have to wait until sunday.
According to TBS's website, episode 5 airs August, 5th

sakurachan