Challenge

Watashitachi no Kyokasho

Post by Challenge » Apr 12th, '07, 22:49

[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/ ... ukasho.jpg[/img]

Taken From Dramawiki
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/ ... ochart.jpg[/img]
Cast:
* Kanno Miho as Tsumiki Tamako (lawyer)
* Tanihara Shosuke as Seri Naoyuki (Tamako's boyfriend, lawyer)
* Itoh Atsushi as Kachi Kohei (substitute teacher)
* <b>Shida Mirai as Aizawa Asuka (2nd year student)OMG Shida The talented young actress from Joou no Kyoushitsu and 14 sai no haha! </b>
* Sakai Wakana as Yoshikoshi Nozomi (English language teacher)
* Fubuki Jun as Amagi Masumi (vice principal)
* Ohkura Kouji as Toita Atsuhiko (physical education teacher)
* Sato Jiro as Kumazawa Shigeichi (Japanese language teacher)
* Mizushima Hiro as Yahata Daisuke (Math teacher)
* Maki Yoko as Oshiro Saki (social studies teacher)
* Maekawa Yasuyuki as Uda Masashi (Tamako's junior, lawyer)
* Igarashi Shunji as Amagi Otoya (vice principal's son)
* Suzuki Kazumi
Story:
Kanno Miho stars as a lawyer, Tamako, who investigates the truth and the dark side of the school where various ulterior motives swirl when one of its junior high school student falls to death. Tanihara Shosuke also plays a lawyer who is Tamako's lover, while Ito Atsushi plays a teacher.

Did anyone watch the first episode? If so how was it?
Last edited by Challenge on Apr 21st, '07, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

japysia

Post by japysia » Apr 13th, '07, 09:31

I just finished watching the first episode and i'm really sad and shocked with the twist at the end of the episode.This is not your typical classroom drama.It remind me of Taiyou wa Shizumanai.Dark theme but the drama was not boring at all.This is the type of drama that i like and i think i will watch it till the end.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Apr 14th, '07, 19:08

yes, this is a dark dorama and the theme is rather grim. episode 1 was depressing, yet i enjoyed watching it because of the unique storyline.
do you believe that the lawyer(kanno) is really aizawa's(shida) mom?

6502inside

Post by 6502inside » Apr 14th, '07, 22:04

re: the hidden question... Yes, I suspected as much from the time right before she saw the newspaper article when she was saying "there's something I haven't told you..."

Maybe it's just me but Asuka's line "I'm really glad to have met you" to the teacher also seemed like a giveaway of what was coming. Nothing too shocking IMO... but I liked it.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Apr 15th, '07, 03:14

After ep1 end, I was like Wow!!!! This is gonna be sooo interesting to watch..the whole Tamako/Asuka twist I never expected that..
So no more Shida Mirai from now on ??? that just sucks..Why the hell did they have to do that to her chara :crazy: Well if she is still there, then I am gonna expect she will show up in flashback..but sigh :cry: why or why did she have to go

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Apr 15th, '07, 08:48

I just finished watching epi1. It's great. Highly recommended to everyone.

littleblue

Post by littleblue » Apr 15th, '07, 13:07

I just finished watching this too and also thought it was great!

My theory on what will happen with Aizawa:
The way kanno mihos character was building things up, I wouldn't be surprised if we see many flashbacks of things that happened to her while kaji figures it out in detail inn real-life. That freaky girl who likes to call herself Poe has something to do with it too, I'm certain....maybe she pushed her?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Apr 15th, '07, 16:29

I'm glad Shida Mirai's character died. I seriously can't take any more of her. The whole time, it felt like watching 14sai no Haha again :-(
I like watching dark dorama once every while though, brings a lot more variety :lol
Hopefully more twists coming in the series.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Apr 18th, '07, 07:17

subs for this series is now available, you can get it from here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_47205.htm

the subber did a very good job! :thumleft:

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Apr 18th, '07, 10:10

Thank you so much.I can't wait to watch this with the subs.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Apr 18th, '07, 15:39

Just finished the first episode and loved it. It was not action-oriented but the intensity kept on building throughout the whole epi and I found myself seating at the edge of my seat waiting to see what might happen next. The twists at the end sure got me, but
I wonder if the lawyer was really Aizawa's mother. How old is the lawyer again? She doesn't look like one with a child that big, unless she had Aizawa like when she was 16 or so. Also, I kind of doubt it that Aizawa really attempted suicide like the lawyer has suspected. Perhaps someone pushed her out the window? The teachers at the school are weird as well, I suspect they might have bigger involvement in this case.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Apr 18th, '07, 16:17

i agree that Aizawa may not have committed suicide, it just does not make sense that she'll do that since she found a new friend in her teacher. i think one of her classmates pushed her. i now believe that Tsumiki is her mom, because its the strongest reason why she'll investigate this case, and she also tried to tell her fiance abt a secret, and maybe that secret is abt her daughter.
for those who watched 14 sai no haha, they used the same BGM in the scene where Aizawa waited for Tsumiki. i found it funny, maybe they're implying that Tsumiki was once a 14 sai no haha>. :D
so far, this is the must watch drama of the season for me.:)

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Apr 18th, '07, 16:21

Yeah, it's such a great drama.Things getting intense, I love it.
Moreover problem of bullying are frequent.Interesting story.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 19th, '07, 00:49

mikomi wrote:Just finished the first episode and loved it. It was not action-oriented but the intensity kept on building throughout the whole epi and I found myself seating at the edge of my seat waiting to see what might happen next. The twists at the end sure got me, but
I wonder if the lawyer was really Aizawa's mother. How old is the lawyer again? She doesn't look like one with a child that big, unless she had Aizawa like when she was 16 or so. Also, I kind of doubt it that Aizawa really attempted suicide like the lawyer has suspected. Perhaps someone pushed her out the window? The teachers at the school are weird as well, I suspect they might have bigger involvement in this case.
She's 30 which makes it possible
especially since at the beginning of the episode there was a case of bullying which a prospective client wanted to pursue against a school and she just emotionlessly reported to Naoyuki that they couldn't win the case and that the firm should turn them down. I can't imagine why Aizawa's death would interest her unless she is related to her.
Nothing is what it seems which makes it really interesting.

bshater

Post by bshater » Apr 19th, '07, 04:30

just saw the first episode with the english sub provided by Henna, and its great! haven't seen a dark drama like this since Byakuyakou, which i thought it was spectacular in every senses. anyway, what's up with that female teacher and the guy with with specs? they seem pretty vile, especially the guy, for a teacher. no wonder bully is the main theme of this drama. and Tsumiki, her reaction towards the school incident is too indifferent. a typical friend would react with more emotions than she did. can't wait for the next episode.

kvertand

Post by kvertand » Apr 19th, '07, 07:28

Great opener, I'm gonna follow this for sure. Kanno Miho has been great in every show I've seen her in, I don't think this will be any different :)

KawaiiD

Post by KawaiiD » Apr 20th, '07, 15:26

this dorama is kool , im gonna keep watching it till the end =DD Shida Mirai is so KAWAI =)

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 20th, '07, 16:37

is kanno miho the one with the glasses? :O

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 20th, '07, 16:46

yeah.. her role is very cold in this one..

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Apr 20th, '07, 17:46

ooohhh i like her! hehe! saw her on waratte itomo SP!

lulurz

Post by lulurz » Apr 24th, '07, 17:37

omg I just watched epi 2 this morning and it was sooo sad and I was bursting out crying

this is a good drama and Kano Miho is really good!!!

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Apr 24th, '07, 17:47

Me too, I almost cried in this second episode.I'm now so addicted to this drama.I love it so much.
A wonderful drama on a difficult subject.Very interesting.

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Apr 24th, '07, 20:17

Would anybody be so kind and write some synopsis of this series? Few sentences are enough ... What is the beginning of the story, or something like that (but not spoil too much :) ) ... I'd like to know if I should start watching this, the only synopsis I have found (at wiki and in this thread) is very generic and I have no clue what is it about just by reading that.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 25th, '07, 00:53

zenitse wrote:Would anybody be so kind and write some synopsis of this series? Few sentences are enough ... What is the beginning of the story, or something like that (but not spoil too much :) ) ... I'd like to know if I should start watching this, the only synopsis I have found (at wiki and in this thread) is very generic and I have no clue what is it about just by reading that.

A precocious, intelligent girl (Shida Mirai) who's an outcast at her high school suddenly falls from her classroom window one day and dies from the injuries sustained. There were no witnesses to the incident but the school immediately deems it an accident. However, her substitute teacher (Ito Atsushi) and a lawyer (Kanno Miho) suspect that there's more than meets the eye. Was it an accident? Or was it attempted suicide? Was she a victim of bullying?

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Apr 25th, '07, 01:30

So far this is a really great drama! I am surprised and I hope the rest of the series can keep this momentum!

Challenge

Post by Challenge » Apr 25th, '07, 01:44

Ive seen the second episode I was also getting teary It sucks that Asuka/shida Mirai had to die but the young girl who played the younger version of her was so adorable!! Do you think somehow she could actually still be alive? lol somehow? I just cant accept her death :glare: Its soo sad

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Apr 25th, '07, 14:03

After this second episode, the story is more and more interesting.It seems that new victims of Hijime appear.
Such a great j-drama from so far.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Apr 25th, '07, 21:28

I was skeptical of this drama because the buzz I was hearing was like: "this is another GTO drama". But after watching the first two eps, it was clear that I was wrong. Kanno's performance in this one is JUST amazing! There is simply no one else with her range. It's definitely a must watch for me and every week I'm eager for the next ep

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 26th, '07, 01:12

Watashitachi no Kyokasho drama introduction (includes interviews):

Tutski

Post by Tutski » Apr 27th, '07, 02:49

i really like this drama.
Such different role from Kano Miho & Itoh Atsushi
Last edited by Tutski on Apr 28th, '07, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Apr 27th, '07, 02:56

Awesome drama! Everything Kanno Miho touches become gold. Shida is so awesome, but extremely unhappy with what happened in the first episode with her. The Otaku guy is great as well. Glad to see him in a different role.

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » May 10th, '07, 08:42

Watching ep 2 now. Hmm I hope the plot isn't centered around figuring out whether this was a suicide or accident. seems that way ne. Hope there will be more twists in the story!

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » May 10th, '07, 09:41

I am through the first 4 episodes.

Kanno's performance is great as usual. The story, besides the first ep, is not esp. intriguing. The characters are boring and predictable, especially the male lead. The other teachers have their own problem, which reminds me of so GTO, among others. I'd rather have them focus more on the story line.

The characters talk about ijime as if it never happens. This is unthinkable, as most of us have seen some kind of ijime in our school lives before. Japanese students are infamously known for their ijime, so the story has not been overly convincing.

aznndave

Post by aznndave » May 13th, '07, 20:32

im loving this drama so far!!! up to ep 3.
i chose to download this based on how many times the torrent has finish downloaded... majority is always right!
im glad i found this drama! can anyone recommend other good jdramas from this spring 2007?

and the ending song -Water Me by Bonnie Pink- is soo beautiful!!! I love it!!!! :wub: I love drama that makes me cry! :cry:

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » May 26th, '07, 07:17

another OST shared by the generous thtl of jdorama!! :cheers: :thumleft:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/irak5n

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » May 28th, '07, 08:18

^ thanks for the OST~

this is an awesome drama. love it very much

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » May 28th, '07, 12:04

I have really fallen for this drama!

The story may seem basic but at the same time it is really a great statement and I love the way they are handling it! I think that Atsushi Ito is doing a great job. He still has touches of "densha" showing through but overall I love his character.

I also like the character development! How we get to see small pieces of their lives and yet there are still so many more questions.

I was bullied in high school because I was a top student but I fought back. After I hospitalized one girl that was teasing me everyone left me alone. :D I feel so sad for people that go through this...

Lockewinter

Post by Lockewinter » Jun 13th, '07, 01:29

It's such a shame this drama doesn't seem to be getting more attention here or higher ratings in Japan. :-( It really is first-rate.

The performances are riveting, even by the students. Miho Kanno's part is of course, exceptional. She is made of pure win. Jun Fubuki also stands out for her subtlety. I think it can be hard to play a role like that and not get in portraying something so much that you lose the character, and she definitely manages that fine line. Seeing as how I last her in Satorare, wow, what a different role for her, but she is a pro. Also, in the fourth episode, there is an amazing, unexpected performance that is probably going down as the most memorable I've seen yet this year. That image...I will most likely never forget it.

The plot twists are mostly excellent and seem to fall into the category of making the conflicts more interesting and complex. I almost always prefer that to those sensationalist twists that come off as stale excuses trying to stimulate excitement, but have no other plot value. Looking over people's reactions to it, I'm glad that its getting some people to think seriously about the issue as well, rather than just write it off as a mere fictional drama.

I'm about to watch Episode 5 and expect to spellbound by the relentless awesome once again.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jun 14th, '07, 10:23

It's funny... a friend asked me to start recording this show around episode 5 because she's a fan of an actor on the show... So, around episode 9, I took the time to watch it and I was hooked... I watched the previous episodes I had recorded and went to DL the rest from here.

It's a great drama and it's a shame that more people aren't into it.

Meh... the rest of the board seems to need their Johnnies and unrealistic love stories; they're fun from time to time, but I need something thought provoking like this. Can't wait to watch 10 tonight!

oshuwel

Post by oshuwel » Jun 21st, '07, 14:28

I think, this is by far, my favorite drama for the season.

yah, the story seems basic at first but as the story goes on, the plot become more and more interesting and touches more deeper aspects.

this drama should be watched by more people. it's really awesome. great dramas deserve more love.. Watashitachi no Kyoukasho ftw~

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jun 23rd, '07, 07:00

Episode 11 was just wild; bombshells all over the place.

I still have it on my recorder... just let me know if you need me to stick it up.

I can't wait for the finale, now...

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jun 24th, '07, 08:38

Episode 11:

Three words. Oh my god.

One of the best episodes ever. It was very emotional and thrilling at the same time. I really cannot wait till the finale. That cliffhanger is so cruel.

This is my favorite drama of the season also. I actually liked the fact that Kaji stopped believing that there was bullying. Nice twist there. Otherwise we'd have another GTO here.

aznndave

Post by aznndave » Jun 24th, '07, 19:39

NOOO every drama is ending!!
i want to know which dramas are the best in the Spring season...
i'm currently watching (the first being my most favorite and last least favorite.):

Liar Game
Proposal Daisakusen
Watashitachi no Kyokasho
Bambino!
Seito Shokun

i dont want to miss any other drama that im not watching but is extremely good

japysia

Post by japysia » Jun 24th, '07, 23:35

I just saw episode 11.Wow, that cliffhanger is really cruel!
my prediction:
the last witness is the killer!! :alcoholic: maybe i'm wrong but who knows....

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jun 28th, '07, 13:31

Wow... halfway through the last ep... and all I can say is wow...

I'm no going to spoil anything aside from there being a "One Year Later" scene.

Agh.... why does K=1 World Max have to be at the same time... and then I'm missing J-Melo as well... agh...

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jun 28th, '07, 21:30

Haha, I so wish that I lived in Japan right now. The suspense is killing me. Jeebus.

Japan Girl

Post by Japan Girl » Jun 29th, '07, 14:44

thnx ^_^

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jun 30th, '07, 08:42

Finally watched the last episode.
This episode made me so depressed. Overall I'm really satisfied with the ending. I feel terrible for Tomomi though. Even though she did some terrible things, what she has to go through for her rest of her life is something unimaginable.

Lappy

Post by Lappy » Jun 30th, '07, 09:06

can anyone post spoliers from ep 8 to 12? lazy to watch

japysia

Post by japysia » Jun 30th, '07, 09:35

I just saw the last episode.I'm satisfied with the ending.I can see what this drama wants to tell the viewers.Good message! :thumright: .

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jun 30th, '07, 14:46

Just finished the drama too. At the end of episode 11 I went, My God. Halfway through the finale, ditto. It turned out that
both the plaintiff and the school are right. Quite ingenious really.
My thoughts on the series:
As others here have said, the ending is "satisfying," in a very tragic way.

I began this drama with no high hopes, and when the first few episodes were pretty slow-going, I almost gave it up. I thought - I feared - the drama would turn out to be an open-and-shut malpractice case, a simple righteous-lawyer-fights-negligent-school-administration yarn that runs out of steam by episode 5 or something.

Thank goodness that didn't happen. It turned out to be a rollicking good mystery, all the while making you reflect on ijime and the duties of students and teachers. Nearly all of the characters were multidimensional and their actions human, even those cast as the "bad guys". I'm thinking of scenes like how Seri broke up with Tsumiki, for instance. It's easy to see how another screenwriter would not include it, but that would take away an essential bit of who they are.

Although everyone did a good job, if I had to point to the exemplary performances, I would go with Fubuki Jun and Tanimura Mitsuki, the girl playing Tomomi. I know Kanno Miho to be a great actress, but in this one she's not given a lot of material to work with, despite being the lead.

Lastly, Shida Mirai, the most gifted young actress in Japanese dramas today, impressed me once again. Asuka certainly "haunts" the entire drama and all the characters, but in the few scenes she's in, especially in the finale, Shida's eyes in particular really convey Asuka's courage and resolution in the face of all that abuse, making her a fitting subject for everyone's guilt and regret afterwards. It's not an exaggeration that if some lesser actress was in this role, this drama would not have been so effective. Bravo.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jul 5th, '07, 23:27

Ewww... episode 10 was so confusing..
What is the connection between that girl and the vice principal's son?
He hates ppl who bully other?
And why all of sudden Riku became the victim now?!
I thought he bullied together with other ppl Asuka.
So I dont get why he said "This is the punishment for bullied Asuka".
Can someone explain? : O

All in all this was a great episode.
Kaji is back to his sense but honestly.. his crying was sooo annoying.. and when he said "All who are not interested to write a letter for Yamada, leave please"
More than the half class stood up and went away.
What a bunch of dikc sukcers..sigh

Tsumiki was as usual great.
I really hoped she would ask Riku questions like "So you admire your father who buys younger girls for sex?"
But well, she passed.
Back then I hated Riku and now he is just so pitful I pitty him.
I dont know what to do. The facts in this dorama always change but thats why it is so interesting.

And what the hell was this rock song in the end.. haha.. didnt fit in at all but was fun : D!
Anyway, I gonna watch episode 11 2mrw.
I hope I'll understand much like in episode 7.
I didnt dare to watch episode 8,9,10 since it was 70% in the court room.
I wouldnt understand anything.
God thanks the preview for episode 11 where Ameki stands in the court was subbed a bit.
Such an interesting and realistic dorama.
I'm so tired of all these love-stories D: ..
Adult + more realistic doramas > all these love-stories doramas(tho HanaKimi + HanaDan are/were interesting).

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jul 6th, '07, 08:32

Wait, why did you watch 10 if you didn't watch 8 and 9? Majority of those episodes were not in the courtroom anyways.
The connection with Tomomi and the vice principal's son is never really explained. It is assumed that she knows who he is and what he did in the past.

Yes, he hates bullies.

Riku is the victim now because his image is pretty much gone from good to bad because of what his father has done. Everyone felt disgusted that he was the son of a man who "buys" teenage girls. He thinks that this is happening to him because he bullied Asuka. "What goes around, comes around" pretty much sums it up.

I thought that Kaji's speech about Yamada leaving was pretty emotional. He must've felt really guilty when he found out that she has been bullied right under his nose.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jul 9th, '07, 05:10

this drama is so underrated compared to teen dramas like HYD and hana kimi which are/weren't that great to begin with.

The story is thought provoking and it shows that no one was born evil...some villains become the way they are because of circumstances as well.
I found the whole thing very interesting and even though i've watched so many jdoramas about bullying, this one still impresses me the most.

Mito Koumon

Post by Mito Koumon » Sep 16th, '08, 13:00

tsksquared wrote:Episode 11:

This is my favorite drama of the season also. I actually liked the fact that Kaji stopped believing that there was bullying. Nice twist there.
And a nice spoiler too.
Thanks
:glare:

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 17th, '08, 16:41

bshater wrote:just saw the first episode with the english sub provided by Henna, and its great! haven't seen a dark drama like this since Byakuyakou, which i thought it was spectacular in every senses. anyway, what's up with that female teacher and the guy with with specs? they seem pretty vile, especially the guy, for a teacher. no wonder bully is the main theme of this drama. and Tsumiki, her reaction towards the school incident is too indifferent. a typical friend would react with more emotions than she did. can't wait for the next episode.
This is a great series to watch if you haven't yet and i agree with bshater ^.^

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jul 17th, '09, 18:47

such a good drama. doesn't seem all that popular though.
I loved how Icouldn't predict what was gonna happen next. The acting was reallty good :) Became a fan of kanna miho.
It was really nice to see susumu (HYDango) in a really dfiferent role andall that.

LoveMe01

Post by LoveMe01 » Jul 25th, '09, 11:42

I following Mizushima hiro. I like this. :P

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Aug 6th, '09, 06:55

Overall I thought this drama was well-acted and enjoyed the storyline in relation to bullying. Near the end though I felt that the drama was losing its touch... perhaps the court episodes were a bit too long for my enjoyment. I didn't love the ending but I felt it was befitting of the drama.

I loved the theme song sequence though with the captures of each teacher and then as a group.