[Discussion] Hanayome to Papa

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
mimmi

Post by mimmi » May 10th, '07, 15:54

Lucysweets wrote:
I've only watched the first episode, I think the Dad is cute! I wonder if he'll end up with the the lady cafe owner around his neighbourhood. (sorry not good with names AT ALL! )
I'm hoping for a romance relationship developing between those two too :lol

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » May 14th, '07, 22:16

anyone knows the name of the song the dad sings? the serious one

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » May 14th, '07, 22:21

shinhaku wrote:anyone knows the name of the song the dad sings? the serious one
The serious one isn't a good enough clue to help me find the song titile. I hope the OST comes out soon. I really liekd the song he sing in episode 3 when he mad her rush home from the diner. XD

shinhaku

Post by shinhaku » May 14th, '07, 22:39

i think that's the one , not the other same melody but mixed up funny lyrics though. i think it was in ep 1 somewhere

^ iChigO ^

Post by ^ iChigO ^ » May 15th, '07, 18:16

I watched the first ep and it was not that great
But after watching the second ep I became addicted to
This drama .. the lead actress is so cute but her dad is annoying lool
And junno he is soooooo hot *faints*

cant wait to watch more of this drama XD

jusmee

Post by jusmee » May 16th, '07, 02:46

i think this drama is cute. the dad gets on my nerves. way over protective.

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 17th, '07, 02:22

I really like this drama just cuz I can relate to overly protective parents and just trying to free myself...PLUS Junno is just a major plus plus plus plus plus!!! The relationship between father 'n daughter is still cute too :)

Kawaii Megumi wrote:Is it me.. or is this like Sapuri and Anego? o.o'

I find the lead actress extremely annoying. A well, maybe for Junno's sake, i'll watch it ^_^ Hmmm Junno looks kinda hot in suit XD
Both Sapuri 'n Anego involved the lead girl being significantly older than the lead dude...this one they're abour the same age! So the only tension is the father~

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » May 27th, '07, 04:30

I love H2P. I've been watching the subs, but when they ran out, I started downloading the raws. Since I don't understand Japanese, I was kind of hoping there was some kind of discussion going on here, but I see a lot of people are behind waiting for subs, too. :/

Someone said that maybe the father was driving away viewers. I can honestly say that in the first episode, I was so frustrated by his attitude that I didn't know if I could watch more, but I think now that I really like his acting and the way the father cares for his daughter and is afraid of being replaced. Though, I still wish he would loosen up.

As for the lead actress, I've never seen any of her other dramas, but I quite like her in this one. She's really cute and plays the part well. I have a weakness for silly characters, so the fact that she does it well is a bonus. Of course, I started watching this drama for Junno, but I'm glad I like the rest of the cast. :)

nfl0nza

Post by nfl0nza » May 28th, '07, 03:10

theresalynne wrote:Of course, I started watching this drama for Junno, but I'm glad I like the rest of the cast. :)
Ditto. Junno is waaaaay cute! And I will stand by 'n support his acting career until he gets better! After watching the 4th episode, you can really tell he's a n0ob at acting. (oh man, hopefully ppl don't get pissed haha)

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » May 28th, '07, 21:23

nfl0nza wrote:
theresalynne wrote:Of course, I started watching this drama for Junno, but I'm glad I like the rest of the cast. :)
Ditto. Junno is waaaaay cute! And I will stand by 'n support his acting career until he gets better! After watching the 4th episode, you can really tell he's a n0ob at acting. (oh man, hopefully ppl don't get pissed haha)
I thought he was really cute in Gambatte Ikimasshoi, too. That was what started my Junno craze, once I got over the whole... "WHAT?! They replaced Uchi? T_T" lol

belleza

Post by belleza » May 29th, '07, 08:44

Made it through Episode 4 so far -- I wasn't really feeling Junno until Epi 4. He's kinda the heart of the show. The father and daughter run around like headless chickens, but Miura, shaggy dorky Miura, is looking for a family to accept him. His weirdly misplaced affection for the dad is . . . weirdly misplaced. :D

That said, Koutaro and his shark fin cut owns Junno big-time in this show. It's not even close. He looks ready to step into a J-punk video right after he removes the suit.
I really like H2P's mix of Ugly Betty-esque **** couture and Father Of the Bride dualmanship. But I just don't know if I can watch Ishihara Satomi chew scenery for 45 straight minutes. She may be the most talented comic actress of her generation, certainly the fastest talking, but here it's just too much. Her scenes with the dad work well because, no matter how psychotic the dad seems to be, the actor doesn't seem to take it seriously. He seems almost amused by Satomi's ADD style, and he kinda softpedals his character's rather scary possessiveness into a kind of arrested, endearing "dadhood." He's basically the Id of every dad (including, erm, mine), but delightfully so

I kinda feel H2P would have been better as a 30-minute sitcom. H2P's overbudget takes some of the life out of the comedy. It's like you're watching silly people doing silly things in front of beautiful clothes, gorgeous scenery, and overdone music. It doesn't need to be anymore cute or charming than it already is. Also I don't know whether the workplace comedy stuff works. If they want to put in a triangle, isn't it late?

tckk

Post by tckk » May 29th, '07, 09:02

I think it is "kimi no kaeru"(the place where you return). The single will be released next month.

I really love this song too and I start to like the father after seeing he played this song.

T-chan

Post by T-chan » May 29th, '07, 09:43

Just started watching this drama, and it's rather fun! ^^

Tend to get a bit annoyed at Ken sometimes, buuuut.... You're supposed to, nee? Anyhow! Looking forward to more episodes ^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 1st, '07, 16:52

This series is cute. I started watching it for Junno, and now I'm watching it for Aiko (have no idea of the actresses' name) She fits the part so well. There's plenty of scenes with her which are absolutely hilarious.

The subs are a bit behind, but I'm able to read summaries so it's not all bad.

And I absolutely love the NarumixAiko pairing, but we all know that'll never happen seeing as the series focus's on Aiko & Seiji and there's got to be up and downs in their relationship somewhere.

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jun 1st, '07, 21:19

Rori wrote:And I absolutely love the NarumixAiko pairing, but we all know that'll never happen seeing as the series focus's on Aiko & Seiji and there's got to be up and downs in their relationship somewhere.
Me too. I wish I was Aiko. Haha. I wouldn't know who to choose, though. Narumi's the guy you want to cuddle because he just seems so sulky. ^^

heavenlybody04

Post by heavenlybody04 » Jun 3rd, '07, 12:06

Whenever I see either Taguchi or Chang Min (tvxq!) they remind me of each other's faces ahaha... They some how look a like for me.. Well maybe it's just my imagination or something! :blink

Kazeyama

Post by Kazeyama » Jun 3rd, '07, 22:55

This is my first drama post. Yoroshiku!

Read through all the previous posts and have to say that I also nearly quit watching because of the annoying father. But Koizumi Kotaro keeps me coming back for more. I've never seen him in such a moody/cool role - LOVE IT - and him! The relationship brewing between Narumi and Aiko is intriguing. If it was a darker drama, something probably would happen between the two. Darn it!

A big thank you to the subbers! Arigatou!!!!! :salut:

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jun 4th, '07, 05:13

heavenlybody04 wrote:Whenever I see either Taguchi or Chang Min (tvxq!) they remind me of each other's faces ahaha... They some how look a like for me.. Well maybe it's just my imagination or something! :blink
No, I perfectly understand and agree. They do look similar. Some of my friends laugh and say that must be why I like Changmin, because he resembles Junno. Haha.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jun 4th, '07, 05:23

Has this dorama been softsubbed again? I remember they more or less stopped around episode 4. -.- Good dorama, too...

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jun 4th, '07, 05:38

Gorahgurl wrote:Has this dorama been softsubbed again? I remember they more or less stopped around episode 4. -.- Good dorama, too...
BNS is still both soft and hard subbing, they are at episode 5. Kazanko over at Kioku has become a little busy and might not be able to continue. :/ It's a slow process but I am sure BNS won't let us down.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jun 4th, '07, 05:40

Ah, well that's good news. I'll wait until the dorama ends, since right now I keep up with cartoon KAT-TUN, ProDai, and Bambino! Thanks. ^_^

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jun 23rd, '07, 01:59

I absolutely love this drama!!! :mrgreen:

That father has me cracking up the whole time and even though he is annoying it is in such a loving "crazy" way! I like the whole cast and I love the chemistry with them all!

It may just be a "feel good" family drama but it is a lot of fun! :D

Tanpoporin

Post by Tanpoporin » Jun 23rd, '07, 17:41

Does anyone know where you can get the single version of the insert song? I forgot the name they announced it at the end of the last episode, 'kimi wo' blah blah blah I think ^^;;

TG3

Post by TG3 » Jun 30th, '07, 22:28

What, no one commented on the end of this?!

I saw it yesterday, and admit to getting teary eyed during one scene (you'll know which one). The ending delivered. The dad was finally able to let his girl go in the end but you'll see that some things never change (in the very last scene). This had the best ending of the season, by far, and overall it was a very funny and heartwarming drama. This is probably the only one I might re-watch later on from this season. Everything else was forgettable.

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Jul 2nd, '07, 20:43

The female lead looks a lot like a panicky hamster in the first episode. Especially after her first day of work when she realizes she's late.

Yaaah, this seems to be a promising series, at least I laughed a lot :salut: I've been hanging around d-addicts for almost a year now, but it was her hamsterface that encouraged me to join :-)

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 4th, '07, 07:50

Can't believe there's not many people discussing this series. It gets better after first few episodes. I also really hate the dad at first but he grows on you. My favorite character is Miura because he is just so kawaii. And he protects the dad even if he hates him so much. Really brave and cool. I also love the remix of My Girl in the ending song.

I also tried watching Bambino (watched up to epi3) , but there are more hateful characters on that dorama and seems very typical story to me so I quit it. Plus there was no chemistry between Matsu Jun and his girlfriend. For those who has seen it, does it get better?

augustserenade

Post by augustserenade » Jul 11th, '07, 01:01

I can't believe it either, garnet...it seems really underrated to me. I love it just for the facial expressions. ^_^

Bambino...eh...I'm on ep 9, but I'm in no rush to continue. Mostly, I watch it for the chef's daughter, the head cook, and the dining hall manager, all of whom's names I've forgotten at the moment. Their late night bar conversations amuse me a lot. The girlfriend isn't around for most of the show so far, and I hope she doesn't come back, for reasons I won't say if you do plan on continuing. ~_^

JC

Post by JC » Jul 17th, '07, 01:56

Funnily enough I liked how this drama started despite many others hating it at first. The Dad gets on your nerves initially, but you warm to him. I think the drama gets good after episode 3 because the characters aren't so over the top. The acting was WAY to cheesy in the first couple of episodes. I swear. I wanted to throw a shoe at Miura's head. All he did was smile and shake his damn head. :lol

However, I hit episode 6 and then kinda lost interest and got hooked on Bambino! instead. I do like tihs drama, but something about it feels lacking at times despite having the odd episode where it does everything right. The relationship between Aiko and Narumi is interesting though. I really thought he had a thing for her.

I'm just in the middle of watching episode 9 as I type this. :-)

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 18th, '07, 23:30

i rate this drama 2 pt out of 10 ! honestly the plot is not something avant-gardist and the acting is just ok. there aren't much details and emotions. personnally i don't like Aiko since this personnage is always acting exaggerately.. so weird ~

BabiiBue92

Post by BabiiBue92 » Jul 21st, '07, 02:30

Drama sounds good, gonna watch it!

droozy

Post by droozy » Oct 31st, '07, 14:57

anyone knows the actual name of the song or where to download ? I am in tokyo now..searching for the song at the same time.
thanks
tckk wrote:
I think it is "kimi no kaeru"(the place where you return). The single will be released next month.

I really love this song too and I start to like the father after seeing he played this song.