[Discussion] LIAR GAME (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 9th, '07, 20:09

kyaaaaaaa~ XD.. Guys! stop it! u`re giving me weird thoughts !! XD XD :wub:

User avatar
kirameki
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 00:45

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 21:03

Eternal Snow wrote:kyaaaaaaa~ XD.. Guys! stop it! u`re giving me weird thoughts !! XD XD :wub:
javascript:bbstyle(-1)

Su~re! Like you weren't already thinking it! XD :whistling:

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 9th, '07, 21:06

kirameki wrote:
Eternal Snow wrote:kyaaaaaaa~ XD.. Guys! stop it! u`re giving me weird thoughts !! XD XD :wub:
javascript:bbstyle(-1)

Su~re! Like you weren't already thinking it! XD :whistling:
:fear: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :lol :lol :lol

User avatar
kirameki
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 00:45

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 21:15

Eternal Snow wrote:
kirameki wrote:
Eternal Snow wrote:kyaaaaaaa~ XD.. Guys! stop it! u`re giving me weird thoughts !! XD XD :wub:
javascript:bbstyle(-1)

Su~re! Like you weren't already thinking it! XD :whistling:
:fear: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :lol :lol :lol
:clap: See, there's no use hiding it. XD

Now, back on topic... Oh right. Erika and Shota's characters and their S & M potential. :scratchchin:

*mind meltdown* Well, so much for that line of thought. :sweat:

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 9th, '07, 21:24

lool.. i liked the reaction on Shota`s face when she asked him about that.. hehe~~ he must`ve been soo embaressed by that kind of Q.. & she even DID ask him which type she is XD i wonder what would her reaction be if she knew what she was talking about :lol

User avatar
kirameki
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 00:45

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 21:41

Eternal Snow wrote:lool.. i liked the reaction on Shota`s face when she asked him about that.. hehe~~ he must`ve been soo embaressed by that kind of Q.. & she even DID ask him which type she is XD i wonder what would her reaction be if she knew what she was talking about :lol
LOL! ME TOO! I love how he got all silent, thinking about how to explain what it is without actually saying it out loud. :lol

To me it didn't seem like he got uneasy/embarrassed until she started talking about being M. And when she said she would be voting yes, so she'd be "S" he was all, Hey, wait a minute! I didn't mean it like that! :scratch: :whistling:

Before that he was more like "Uh, how do I explain this so she'll understand without calling me a pervert. :glare:

So cute. :wub:

As for her reaction... I'd say it would go right over her head even had he explained it literally. XD

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 9th, '07, 21:51

:lol.. that`s sooo true!

also when told her that she`s a special case * when she came back after losing * OMG that moment was soo cute.. I thought she was cute :lol *although i hate her being naive & all* & he was the protecter or something! XD

Nao is very lucky to have met him!

User avatar
shineox
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 01:45

Post by shineox » May 9th, '07, 21:53

Picturing Erika in a skin tight leather outfit :roll

User avatar
thygriever
Posts: 100
Joined: Apr 8th, '06, 23:39
Location: United States

Post by thygriever » May 9th, '07, 21:55

shineox wrote:This is such a great drama so far.

Alot of the explanation are very complicated, but it's so simple when you think about it.

Whoever wrote this manga is very clever.

Did anyone else notice that the girl with the sunglasses is actually Iwasa Mayuko. I LOVE HER.
I noticed that was Mayuko Iwasa the first time they showed the woman with sunglasses! I heard she was in the roster for Liar Game and then I was able to identify her right away. So beautiful~ Also, she's my number 2 favorite J-idol only behind Aya Ueto =)

1) Aya Ueto 2) Mayuko Iwasa 3) Erika Toda

* I'm lucky mayuko and erika have been reunited! Sorta.. haha

Eternal Snow wrote::lol.. that`s sooo true!

also when told her that she`s a special case * when she came back after losing * OMG that moment was soo cute.. I thought she was cute :lol *although i hate her being naive & all* & he was the protecter or something! XD

Nao is very lucky to have met him!
I thought that was cute too! lol cause he knows Nao doesn't do it for the money. I also thought when he posed the question "is money the most important thing"? And he looked like he was gonna say yes, but then he said no, that was cool!

I think he's lucky to have met Nao because even though she found him, she has the innocent side that Shota is missing in his life.

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 9th, '07, 22:13

hai hai.. i totally agree with u! that scene was sooooo cool! his attitude really amazes me everytime i see a new episode.. XD
i think the reason why he`s attached to Nao is because she reminds him of the dead lady?:scratch:
maybe she got decieved & died cuz of it.. don`t know..

we`ll see..

@ shineox : Henaaaaaaatii! :P

kiwigloomy
Posts: 49
Joined: May 7th, '05, 20:06

Post by kiwigloomy » May 9th, '07, 22:20

I wish X was a bit more clever...
It's boring seeing akiyama & Nao beat dumb ppl...
Especially the teacher from first game...
They really thought they could win with such a "normal" plan

But anyway, im happy to be able to see Toda Erika again next season~
Together with saki aibu & Karina, yaaayyyy~~~~~~!! :cheers:

User avatar
kirameki
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 00:45

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 22:34

Eternal Snow wrote::lol.. that`s sooo true!

also when told her that she`s a special case * when she came back after losing * OMG that moment was soo cute.. I thought she was cute :lol *although i hate her being naive & all* & he was the protecter or something! XD

Nao is very lucky to have met him!
LOL. I thought that was kind of cute too. I mean, duh... of course he knows why she was there. She called him up at the crack of dawn to tell him. :P

Hmm, I still think there's a reason behind it. He's not doing this for charity. I think he wants to uncover the truth about the organization and is using her as a means to do that. Still don't know why yet, though.

My bet is that she reminds him of his friend that died, who was probably someone who also had too much faith in people for their own good. I also believe that deep down he's a softy when it comes to someone like Nao. Too me it seems like he has a grudging respect for her from that first episode when he tricked her into staying there, and she didn't move even in the rain. She's trustworthy (and easy to manipulate). He's used her as his pawn from the very beginning. She never seems to catch on when he does it though, a fact that amuses me greatly. :lol

I'm not really getting a whole lot of romantic vibes from either of them. Nao seems like she wouldn't have a clue about love, and he just doesn't seem the type to let his emotions rule him. We'll see how things develop as it goes on. It's a bit early to tell. :scratchchin:
I thought that was cute too! lol cause he knows Nao doesn't do it for the money. I also thought when he posed the question "is money the most important thing"? And he looked like he was gonna say yes, but then he said no, that was cool!

I think he's lucky to have met Nao because even though she found him, she has the innocent side that Shota is missing in his life.
XD I love his attitude and how he carries himself. He kind of reminds me of L, but maybe even cooler. <3

That is interesting. Though I have to wonder now about the circumstances under which they met. That policeman who was working for the organization is the one that pointed Nao in his direction. There's something much larger going on than what's at the surface. While I don't think that he is working for the organization, I do believe he has some sort of past tie to it. Or perhaps the Org wants to recruit him or something and is using Nao as a way to try and corner him?

I want to read the manga now. Does anyone know if it's been scanslated into english at all? :scratch:

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 9th, '07, 22:43

kiwigloomy wrote:I wish X was a bit more clever...
It's boring seeing akiyama & Nao beat dumb ppl...
Especially the teacher from first game...
They really thought they could win with such a "normal" plan

But anyway, im happy to be able to see Toda Erika again next season~
Together with saki aibu & Karina, yaaayyyy~~~~~~!! :cheers:
huh?? :crazy: Nani?? what are u talking about?? :blink
Image

User avatar
JKH
Posts: 116
Joined: Jun 20th, '05, 05:27
Location: Fantasyland

Post by JKH » May 9th, '07, 23:06

Wow, everyone likes the S&M part. ^^ I actually rewinded to watch it again. And I liked the "you're a pecial case" part, too. I'm really enjoying this show more and more.
I hope that we'll see some romance soon!

User avatar
kirameki
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 00:45

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 23:16

JKH wrote:Wow, everyone likes the S&M part. ^^ I actually rewinded to watch it again. And I liked the "you're a pecial case" part, too. I'm really enjoying this show more and more.
I hope that we'll see some romance soon!
Eh, I don't know if I want romance. I wouldn't mind more little scenes like the S&M one, but I kind of like the dynamic as it is. In shows like this I prefer subtext to actual romance. I just don't see how romance would develop at this point. As someone else earlier in the thread said, the characters don't really have enough depth to feed a romantic relationship. At least not yet. I predict more softening from Akiyama (he's gradually becoming a little gentler with her and how his actions affect her I think). As for her... how can i say this... her character seems like the kind who would be oblivious even if Akiyama did start to like her. :sweat:

User avatar
najimta
Posts: 110
Joined: Jan 15th, '07, 06:12
Location: maryland

Post by najimta » May 9th, '07, 23:30

kirameki: your avatar is love haha.

i hope theres a romance. ack. Shota 's so hot. loved the part when they showed him with his shirt off. lol

User avatar
kirameki
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 00:45

Post by kirameki » May 9th, '07, 23:54

najimta wrote:kirameki: your avatar is love haha.

i hope theres a romance. ack. Shota 's so hot. loved the part when they showed him with his shirt off. lol
Thanks. I made it myself. I plan to post some batches of drama related icons on my LJ graphic comm too. :wub: (Only have some Nobuta wo Produce at the moment but working on batches of Liars Game, Kurosagi, Lovely Complex, and Death Note). Feel free to use it if you want. :) http://community.livejournal.com/kiramekicons/

He is. I hadn't seen anything he's in except for HYD a long time ago and hadn't connected him until I looked up his profile. :heart:

He's perfect for the role of Akiyama. :thumleft: I love how he just has this whole aura of confidence even when it seems like things might deviate from his plans. :)

User avatar
shineox
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 01:45

Post by shineox » May 10th, '07, 01:10

Image

my favorite part of ep 4

orichan
Posts: 117
Joined: Apr 13th, '07, 16:45

Post by orichan » May 10th, '07, 04:06

auroragb wrote:Yeah, LoL at the offense and defense metaphor.
Akiyama should have just used a Small and Medium :)
That wouldn't work. Cause "small" and "medium" don't start with S and M in Japanese.

Offense and defense (seme and mamori) do though. ;P

It was really cute cause he made up a little white lie just for her.

furransu
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mar 12th, '04, 15:51

Post by furransu » May 10th, '07, 04:34

i think they should make some sort of scene portraying the S&M part lol.. just like those scenes where they explain the game with the chess pieces~~

i want to see erika with a tight black leather and a whip~~

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » May 10th, '07, 04:55

furransu wrote:i think they should make some sort of scene portraying the S&M part lol.. just like those scenes where they explain the game with the chess pieces~~

i want to see erika with a tight black leather and a whip~~
Nice one :lol
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

furransu
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mar 12th, '04, 15:51

Post by furransu » May 10th, '07, 06:03

^ that would definetely double the viewership rating

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 10th, '07, 06:20

Hell, I'd like to see that :) :)

User avatar
Roys
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 6th, '06, 17:05
Location: Singapore

Post by Roys » May 10th, '07, 11:01

This is what i think.

Because we know this show will run for 11 episodes, and Akiyama and Nao CANNOT lose. I can make a theory on how they win the next round.

With regards to No. 15 being NOT X, from the time Akiyama had his assumptions that mushroom was X already. That scene where Akiyama and No. 15 met at the doorway. Did they do anything or nothing at all doesn't matter.

Akiyama might have already told her about the plan after it goes into a draw. He will be announcing his answer for the next question, in this case, NO. And stating his theory of if neither of them want to sacrifice themselves, he wins. This is automatically making him.
His plan : Get No. 15 to vote the opposite of him. Thus assuring there will be at least 1 vote on each side. The other 2 participants would vote for YES/NO. If it draws, this continues.
By any chance, the 2 participants votes untill Akiyama or No. 15 gets the minority.

In exchange, A little of the prize money for No. 15.

This is just my five cents on the next episode.

User avatar
kilaalaa
Posts: 81
Joined: May 12th, '05, 00:53

Post by kilaalaa » May 10th, '07, 11:18

I wanted to see Akiyama in tight leather and whip HAHAHA!

furransu
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mar 12th, '04, 15:51

Post by furransu » May 10th, '07, 13:13

This is my guess for ep5 :D its not a spoiler.. so dont worry reading it :)

Akiyama must have told the sunglasses girl and the other guy from the other team what he is going to vote, and told both them to vote for YES, the possibility will be high for X to vote YES also..

Since the other 2 teams were created by X.. X must have used the same contract, plans as Akiyama's, so im assuming that the plans for the other 2 teams will be the same, the winner must share their money so each of the team members wont be in debt..

Now my feeling is that Akiyama must have made a deal with the no.15 girl and the guy from the other team, to let him win, and then he will share the price money with all the members of the groups excluding X so each of them wont be in debt, but Akiyama must continue to play the game since if he wants to quit, he needs to pay 1/2 of the price money.. he cant do that because he will be dividing the price money with all the groups. Since the price money is 2.1billion it is enough for all 21 players to be free from debt, X wont get any(but he has his cheque anyway).. So Akiyama keeps on playing, just like the preview from ep4.

User avatar
gemtsoi
Posts: 44
Joined: Feb 28th, '06, 05:52
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by gemtsoi » May 10th, '07, 15:23

Finally finished Ep.4...since everyone's been discussing things freely in this thread, I guess I won't put spoiler tags :)

Gawd how long did Mushroom go on for?! By the time he got to his 20th sentence I was like -yawn- Yes, yes, I know you formed three teams, and that you thought you beat everyone, and you're really happy in a deranged way, and you can sound like a woman with a sore throat, and you just look really bad with that mushroom wig, but you don't have to scream in my face for 20 minutes -_- What was THAT about? Did the director think it was going to create suspense/horror or something?

As everyone else... LOL at the S&M and 'special case' moments. So far I'm not appreciating Nao at all, though. I seriously do not think that there are people like her anywhere. The only point I agreed with Mushroom was that she's an idiot. A good-hearted one, but an idiot nonetheless, and I've never been a fan of dumb main characters. Thank God there's Shota there to play off her and make life a little more bearable for the tortured viewers!

All this said, I thought Ep.4 finished on a very interesting point...in fact, the most interesting point so far. Finally, some good psychology is involved. I do want to know what Shota and No.15 Sunglasses did together in the night too XD

...and why does Shota have his shoes on when he's sitting in bed?

l0nEr
Posts: 36
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 09:37

Post by l0nEr » May 10th, '07, 16:04

Actually u can find out the solution through the manga (if u read chinese). Anyway i don't think the drama will over shoot the drama.
the chinese subbed manga is already in the 3rd round, after going through a revival round. The drama is still at Round 2.

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » May 10th, '07, 17:19

furransu wrote:This is my guess for ep5 :D its not a spoiler.. so dont worry reading it :)

Akiyama must have told the sunglasses girl and the other guy from the other team what he is going to vote, and told both them to vote for YES, the possibility will be high for X to vote YES also..
Assuming they did meet and discuss strategy the other night, it doesn't make sense for X to vote YES even when he know that the other 2 contestant is voting YES. It means he's letting Akiyama to win, right? While his cover had already been unveiled, there's no way he's letting Akiyama win (coz Akiyama won't split the prize money with him for sure). With his current strategy, I don't think he need to cooperate with any other player to win.
furransu wrote:Now my feeling is that Akiyama must have made a deal with the no.15 girl and the guy from the other team, to let him win, and then he will share the price money with all the members of the groups excluding X so each of them wont be in debt, but Akiyama must continue to play the game since if he wants to quit, he needs to pay 1/2 of the price money.. he cant do that because he will be dividing the price money with all the groups. Since the price money is 2.1billion it is enough for all 21 players to be free from debt, X wont get any(but he has his cheque anyway).. So Akiyama keeps on playing, just like the preview from ep4.
I do think he made a deal. But wonder if it's to both the girl and the other guy, or only to one of them? I think it might be only with the girl. There must be reason for the girl to keep his sunglasses on, right? And then this girl seems like too calm indeed. So maybe there's more story to the girl (another swindler? an undercover 'real' cop? LOL, I laugh at my own imagination). And I wonder what kind of deal would it be.

Anyway, we kinda know that he'll be playing the next round, but I really could not imagine Akiyama would want to 'sacrifice' himself for the other 20 people. If he win, he would split up the money with the rest of his team member, because he already made a contract with them. But he didn't have any commitment to the other group, why should he sacrifice himself and play the next round if he have the money? (So far, although he used to be a swindler, he was not in the game for the money) If he ends up giving the money to pay the debt of the other contestant, then there must be another reason for it.
Image
♥♥ Kato Shigeaki ♥ Koyama Keichiro ♥ Masuda Takahisa ♥ Nishikido Ryo ♥ Tegoshi Yuya ♥ Yamashita Tomohisa ♥♥

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » May 10th, '07, 21:38

gemtsoi wrote:Finally finished Ep.4...since everyone's been discussing things freely in this thread, I guess I won't put spoiler tags :)

Gawd how long did Mushroom go on for?! By the time he got to his 20th sentence I was like -yawn- Yes, yes, I know you formed three teams, and that you thought you beat everyone, and you're really happy in a deranged way, and you can sound like a woman with a sore throat, and you just look really bad with that mushroom wig, but you don't have to scream in my face for 20 minutes -_- What was THAT about? Did the director think it was going to create suspense/horror or something?

All this said, I thought Ep.4 finished on a very interesting point...in fact, the most interesting point so far. Finally, some good psychology is involved. I do want to know what Shota and No.15 Sunglasses did together in the night too XD

...and why does Shota have his shoes on when he's sitting in bed?
In defense of the manga, X bears only a small resemblance to the character in the manga. IMO the director/writer totally blew it by making X so over-the-top psychotic that I was totally turned off by his rant (and had to turn off the volume as well). Also, they dumbed it down by adding some extraneous scenes and dialogs to make X looked more suspicious than others.
BTW, the scene where Akiyama met player #15 at the hallway wasn't in the manga either; based on how the director handled ep. 4, that should give you some hint as to what will happen in ep. 5.

User avatar
Mochi?
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 5th, '07, 22:39

Post by Mochi? » May 10th, '07, 21:55

liar game is great, i can't wait for episode 5.

does anyone know where to get manga scans? it doesn't matter whether they are in japanese or translated. thanks
Last edited by Mochi? on May 20th, '07, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

kiwigloomy
Posts: 49
Joined: May 7th, '05, 20:06

Post by kiwigloomy » May 10th, '07, 22:17

yck wrote:
BTW, the scene where Akiyama met player #15 at the hallway wasn't in the manga either; based on how the director handled ep. 4, that should give you some hint as to what will happen in ep. 5.
It doesnt really matter if akiyama met #15 or not....
Remember, X has 2.1bil in hands (as X said he'll be continuing to round 3 already)
Akiyama have to share his winnings with other ppl, and if he dealt with #15, share even more...

Everyone has a contract on them(except X)
So, X got 2.1 bil to get the remaining 2 ppl on his side..(His fake name voids all contract)
Of course, this time he signs a real contract~!
While Akiyama cant offer anything...

Imagine if X win, he can still give 700 mil to each of the remaining 2 player...
(of course the other 2 player would have to vote on Akiyama's side, cos if they won, they have to share their money with 7 other player as well, so it wont do them any good)

So, If u're one of the 2 remaining player, would u choose 43.75mil or 700mil ???

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » May 10th, '07, 22:25

kiwigloomy wrote:
It doesnt really matter if akiyama met #15 or not....
Remember, X has 2.1bil in hands (as X said he'll be continuing to round 3 already)
Akiyama have to share his winnings with other ppl, and if he dealt with #15, share even more...

Everyone has a contract on them(except X)
So, X got 2.1 bil to get the remaining 2 ppl on his side..(His fake name voids all contract)
Of course, this time he signs a real contract~!
While Akiyama cant offer anything...

Imagine if X win, he can still give 700 mil to each of the remaining 2 player...
(of course the other 2 player would have to vote on Akiyama's side, cos if they won, they have to share their money with 7 other player as well, so it wont do them any good)

So, If u're one of the 2 remaining player, would u choose 43.75mil or 700mil ???
wait a minute....
Are you talking about something in the manga or in the drama?
coz in the drama,
I don't remember X having 2.1 bil?
And when did he say he's continuing to the 3rd round?
So...you're talking about the manga right???
Image
♥♥ Kato Shigeaki ♥ Koyama Keichiro ♥ Masuda Takahisa ♥ Nishikido Ryo ♥ Tegoshi Yuya ♥ Yamashita Tomohisa ♥♥

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » May 10th, '07, 23:33

non-angelical wrote: wait a minute....
Are you talking about something in the manga or in the drama?
coz in the drama,
I don't remember X having 2.1 bil?
And when did he say he's continuing to the 3rd round?
So...you're talking about the manga right???
I didn't recall X saying he's continuing to the 3rd round either.
In fact, it's exactly the opposite in the manga; ie X 'didn't' want to go to the 3rd round.
Last edited by yck on May 10th, '07, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » May 10th, '07, 23:47

I wouldn't expect X to be advancing to the 3rd round. If anybody going to be in the 3rd round after the ressurection game, I think it would no.15
Image
♥♥ Kato Shigeaki ♥ Koyama Keichiro ♥ Masuda Takahisa ♥ Nishikido Ryo ♥ Tegoshi Yuya ♥ Yamashita Tomohisa ♥♥

l0nEr
Posts: 36
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 09:37

Post by l0nEr » May 11th, '07, 00:50

Im so sorry to say that you are wrong...lol....
X did go to round 3....
Chinese subbed manga, until chapter 37
i tink its still round 3 there
http://kifen.xo51.com/viewthread.php?tid=9507

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » May 11th, '07, 01:25

l0nEr wrote:Im so sorry to say that you are wrong...lol....
X did go to round 3....
Chinese subbed manga, until chapter 37
i tink its still round 3 there
http://kifen.xo51.com/viewthread.php?tid=9507
I think a little courtesy is warranted for people who haven't read the manga; there's really no point in snickering at their theories.
X did go to round 3, but not by choice. He wasn't going to go if he had won round 2. And the manga is up to ch. 38.

orichan
Posts: 117
Joined: Apr 13th, '07, 16:45

Post by orichan » May 11th, '07, 02:09

l0nEr wrote:Im so sorry to say that you are wrong...lol....
=) I think for people like us who read the manga, we have no choice but to keep our mouth shut until we get the drama-only stuff.

This show is a lot more fun when people get to keep guessing. So let's not ruin it for others.

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » May 11th, '07, 02:24

orichan wrote:=) I think for people like us who read the manga, we have no choice but to keep our mouth shut until we get the drama-only stuff.

This show is a lot more fun when people get to keep guessing. So let's not ruin it for others.
Totally agree, no more spoilers from me from now on :shhh:

User avatar
shineox
Posts: 24
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 01:45

Post by shineox » May 11th, '07, 02:33

Can you please not post more information about the manga. I believe it would ruin it for the people whos simply watching the dorama. IF you want to discuss the manga, you can make a seperate post. Thank you.

User avatar
YamapisWifey
Posts: 152
Joined: Aug 18th, '06, 06:43
Location: waseda online

Post by YamapisWifey » May 11th, '07, 07:58

wah this drama is great. i love akiyama's confidence, but the previews don't look like it's gonna go good for him :O
Image Image

User avatar
Moondy
Posts: 142
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 21:03

Post by Moondy » May 11th, '07, 14:22

oh goood!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love this drama :wub: :wub: :wub:

And i love Akiyama :P

it is a very good drama :D

I want the episods 5 >_<

kiwigloomy
Posts: 49
Joined: May 7th, '05, 20:06

Post by kiwigloomy » May 11th, '07, 22:24

non-angelical wrote:
I don't remember X having 2.1 bil?
And when did he say he's continuing to the 3rd round?
So...you're talking about the manga right???
No, im not talking about the Manga...
From episode 4, X said he has no intention of sharing the 2.1bil
And he said since the beginning, he's been aiming and waningt the entire 2.1 bil all to himself
(at least to me, that implies hes going to game 3, And i dont see why he shouldnt.
Losing 1bil just for giving up a game?? He might as well continue and lose intentionally on round 3)

Also, i didnt say X "having 2.1 bil", I said, he can win 2.1 bil and share it with 2 other ppl..
Where Akiyama, can only win the 2.1 bil, and have share it with A LOT of ppl...(cos contract)

So, meaning, if im one of the 2 player remaining, i would definitely help X win the game...
(cos 700mil is a lot of money comparing to 43.75mil or maybe even nothing)

And, the stuff i said arent really based on manga, just my personal thoughs

User avatar
surezal
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 15th, '05, 14:25
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands

Post by surezal » May 11th, '07, 22:41

I've seen the first 4 episodes and it's very nice!

hikkichan
Posts: 194
Joined: Dec 14th, '04, 10:32
Location: &#21152;&#32654;&#24179;

Post by hikkichan » May 12th, '07, 14:22

Oh snap, the sunglasses are off.

:P

On another note, here's your preview for this week; it spoils a little, but keeps you guessing for what's next.

Image

http://www.mediafire.com/?fe0wkj4yqji

x264 this time around, so use VLC if you can't see the video.

User avatar
Meko
Posts: 10
Joined: May 7th, '07, 04:48
Location: Hong Kong+Canada

Post by Meko » May 12th, '07, 15:54

cant wait for ep 5 x) its getting intense!

l0nEr
Posts: 36
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 09:37

Post by l0nEr » May 12th, '07, 16:26

Im really sorry for spoiling the fun. I should have left everything in spoiler mode. Really sorry.

ほんとにごめんなさい

gyhw
Posts: 1
Joined: May 13th, '07, 04:54

Post by gyhw » May 13th, '07, 05:22

anybody mind tellin me where can i view this video?? thx

orichan
Posts: 117
Joined: Apr 13th, '07, 16:45

Post by orichan » May 13th, '07, 06:14

This is a bit late. But I finally got a chance to translate episode 4 article (which actually came out after the episode was aired on Monday).

Read it here: http://liargame.blogspot.com/

Episode 5 article is actually out on the site for a couple of days. I will translate that next.

User avatar
todaerikafan
Posts: 14
Joined: Feb 27th, '07, 02:44
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by todaerikafan » May 13th, '07, 19:42

Cool site. :-) :D
Image

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » May 13th, '07, 21:46

if I may say...
Kanzaki Nao is too dangerous for her own good. :crazy:
Image
♥♥ Kato Shigeaki ♥ Koyama Keichiro ♥ Masuda Takahisa ♥ Nishikido Ryo ♥ Tegoshi Yuya ♥ Yamashita Tomohisa ♥♥

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » May 13th, '07, 21:58

non-angelical : what do u mean? :scratch:

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » May 13th, '07, 22:07

I think you better wait for ep.5 before opening the tag if you don't like spoilers,
I kn0w that she's too naive and all, but how could she even think that she could help Akiyama by entering the resurrection game?

She would never even make it from round 2 if not bcause of Akiyama. :crazy:
Image
♥♥ Kato Shigeaki ♥ Koyama Keichiro ♥ Masuda Takahisa ♥ Nishikido Ryo ♥ Tegoshi Yuya ♥ Yamashita Tomohisa ♥♥

kiwigloomy
Posts: 49
Joined: May 7th, '05, 20:06

Post by kiwigloomy » May 13th, '07, 23:21

non-angelical wrote:
I kn0w that she's too naive and all, but how could she even think that she could help Akiyama by entering the resurrection game?

She would never even make it from round 2 if not bcause of Akiyama. :crazy:
Maybe Nao is this genius that pretends to be dumb and naive...
Nao of course see through all of Akiyama's trick(and cos Akiyama is pretty smart, so she can trust him)... She needed to act dumb; in order to fool everyone, she uses Akiyama as a decoy(which is why she ask Akiyama to help him at the first place, not becos of she cant win, but becos of this plan that she had).

Also, in each game, she gotta force herself to be in a horrible situations, and desperately needed help, so Akiyama wouldn't suspect her.
But probably in case Akiyama doesnt help her, she still got a backup plan.

She wanted to advance to the final round while everyone still think she has no chance of winning.
She got it all planned out, and the final battle would probably be akiyama vs Nao vs some other dude.
And At the end, probably Nao gonna win, and then reveals her plan.
That would be the most satisfying ending, at least for me =)

sweetanna
Posts: 91
Joined: Dec 29th, '06, 12:17

Post by sweetanna » May 13th, '07, 23:48

kiwigloomy wrote:
Maybe Nao is this genius that pretends to be dumb and naive...
oh man...you beat me to it :lol ...I was also thinking this might be a possibility...it would make for an interesting twist wouldn't it...

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » May 14th, '07, 00:12

kiwigloomy wrote:
Maybe Nao is this genius that pretends to be dumb and naive...
Nao of course see through all of Akiyama's trick(and cos Akiyama is pretty smart, so she can trust him)... She needed to act dumb; in order to fool everyone, she uses Akiyama as a decoy(which is why she ask Akiyama to help him at the first place, not becos of she cant win, but becos of this plan that she had).

Also, in each game, she gotta force herself to be in a horrible situations, and desperately needed help, so Akiyama wouldn't suspect her.
But probably in case Akiyama doesnt help her, she still got a backup plan.

She wanted to advance to the final round while everyone still think she has no chance of winning.
She got it all planned out, and the final battle would probably be akiyama vs Nao vs some other dude.
And At the end, probably Nao gonna win, and then reveals her plan.
That would be the most satisfying ending, at least for me =)
LOL :lol :lol

That would be very interesting to watch...
The true spirit of LIAR GAME!
*but do you think it is even possible?*
Image
♥♥ Kato Shigeaki ♥ Koyama Keichiro ♥ Masuda Takahisa ♥ Nishikido Ryo ♥ Tegoshi Yuya ♥ Yamashita Tomohisa ♥♥

User avatar
zooey
Posts: 239
Joined: Jun 27th, '06, 10:35
Location: MNL
Contact:

Post by zooey » May 14th, '07, 01:18

sweetanna wrote:
kiwigloomy wrote:
Maybe Nao is this genius that pretends to be dumb and naive...
oh man...you beat me to it :lol ...I was also thinking this might be a possibility...it would make for an interesting twist wouldn't it...
Whoah! I hope you guys are right. That would be a really great twist .

I have to admit this show is growing on me. It had a slow start but episodes 3-4 got the ball rolling sans that annoying gloating/rant by mushroom head.

Can't wait for the next episodes. Hope it doesn't disappoint us. :w00t:

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 14th, '07, 01:55

I've been thinking the same thing. I think it would be fantastic if Nao turns out to be super smart and kicks akiyama to the ground in the last round, taking all the money and breaking his heart. As in, the total oppisite to what she is now. Now, that would be interesting.

ladyusagi
Posts: 86
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 00:08

Post by ladyusagi » May 14th, '07, 02:33

but if that's the case then why the intro of how sh e was idiotically honest since she was a child. that was before she even met akiyama or the liar game.

but i do hope that nao gets a bit smarter. it's really not safe for a girl to be that gullible. but if she did get smarter then it wouldn't be nao would it

anythingthatrhymes
Posts: 48
Joined: May 6th, '07, 17:50

Post by anythingthatrhymes » May 14th, '07, 03:03

GoddessCarlie wrote:I've been thinking the same thing. I think it would be fantastic if Nao turns out to be super smart and kicks akiyama to the ground in the last round, taking all the money and breaking his heart. As in, the total oppisite to what she is now. Now, that would be interesting.
I dont think that'll happen
shes too naive
lol, remember when the question was about S and M?

User avatar
zooey
Posts: 239
Joined: Jun 27th, '06, 10:35
Location: MNL
Contact:

Post by zooey » May 14th, '07, 03:36

anythingthatrhymes wrote:
GoddessCarlie wrote:I've been thinking the same thing. I think it would be fantastic if Nao turns out to be super smart and kicks akiyama to the ground in the last round, taking all the money and breaking his heart. As in, the total oppisite to what she is now. Now, that would be interesting.
I dont think that'll happen
shes too naive
lol, remember when the question was about S and M?
Just wishful thinking on my part... Lol. :lol The S & M bit was cute. But there are times that Nao can be annoying because of her unbelievable naivete. Ditto with the hope that she'll get a bit smarter.

There's obviously something up with having Akiyama join the game... from the suggestion of the police officer that he be "recruited" for help by Nao, to the convenient allowance he was given to play as substitute.

Anyway, can't wait to see how the story will unfold. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a big surprise :O .

User avatar
ornnie
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 26th, '07, 09:19
Location: Otani Uchi

Post by ornnie » May 14th, '07, 03:40

Really like this drama. Matsuda Shota is very cool!!!

cuteangelika
Posts: 239
Joined: Feb 6th, '05, 03:32
Location: New Zealand

Post by cuteangelika » May 14th, '07, 09:11

Im really liking this drama. He seems so different from Soujirou in HYD. But I cant seem to forget Amane Misa of Deathnote when I look at her. Im really glad this drama is being subbed. Thanks

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » May 14th, '07, 11:19

anythingthatrhymes wrote:lol, remember when the question was about S and M?
LOL~! Omg i laughed so hard at that part. hahaha i loved his answer too! LoL

i was just checking this thread to see what other people were thinking about this series. i think it's rather predictable and really not all that great.. but for some reason i keep watching it anyway. LoL. it's got potential though ^^

shinhaku
Posts: 61
Joined: Jul 5th, '06, 17:13
Location: Unknown

Post by shinhaku » May 14th, '07, 22:41

i like this drama so far, it was one of the few that i'm actually looking forward to

User avatar
zooey
Posts: 239
Joined: Jun 27th, '06, 10:35
Location: MNL
Contact:

Post by zooey » May 15th, '07, 01:12

ladyusagi wrote:but if that's the case then why the intro of how sh e was idiotically honest since she was a child. that was before she even met akiyama or the liar game.

but i do hope that nao gets a bit smarter. it's really not safe for a girl to be that gullible. but if she did get smarter then it wouldn't be nao would it
Ummm.... she could be lying. :| Obviously I'm still on wishful-thinking-mode. Lol.

I wish the show won't get too predictable. So far you know that Akiyama has a plan on every episode and it's just a matter of finding out what it is and how he'll execute it. I'm still looking forward to something that would blow the whole thing out of the water... something that would make me go, "Wow! I didn't see that one coming." :blink

kiwigloomy
Posts: 49
Joined: May 7th, '05, 20:06

Post by kiwigloomy » May 15th, '07, 01:36

Lol, akiyama is right... They're only "that" kind of level...
Just a smile by Akiyama, was enough to scare them to death... and they started panicking like losers
They lost, gave up the cheque, and started screaming like crazy =.=
(And i dont think that was a voilation of the rule, that girl is a potential player, X just "lied" to the girl to prevent her from entering the game) I dont think the secret organization can control wut ppl do outside of their game? (X took that cheque outside of game time, Even if he kills that girl, theres nothing they can do about it(except the police))

And that No. 15 was so 'honest' and not greedy at all. None of them uses the fact that if X win, he doesnt have to share any money with the other 14 ppl.
"But no... all of them wanted be nice and share the money with everyone to saves ppl, if they're so nice, why dont they share with the remaining 7 ppl on team 3? "Or Mayber Akiyama should just give 0.5 bil to #15, then keep the rest(instead of sharing with team2)"

And X didn't do anything in the final round, why cant he be more calm... He was super nervous, at least in episode 5, He wasnt even consider a theart to akiyama(and he was suppose to be Akiyama's opponent).
Episode 5 was like almost simply watching how they would screw up...
And funny how they thought Akiyama voted yes, over and over and over again..

Even that other dumb guy spent 3 hours and came up with a " plan"
X could've EASILY go around and nicely ask ppl to team with him, but he gotta be the bad guy, and picks fight with ppl...

the drama is pretty good, but seeing things so one sided without any chanllenges are boring.(I'd rather see Akiyama faces an opponent soo tough, that Akiyama falls for their tricks. lies on the floor regretting, then the next minute, he stood up became this cold blooded maniac. Winning the game with a incredible come back, then Nao comes out calming akiyama down(back to normal)

the fact that the drama was like 30 minutes or so~~ and wasting a bit too much time explaining stuff(simple one), it seems like they are making very little progress. (Other dramas are like over 40 minutes, but Fuji made this one seems like a 20 minute drama)

greenjade05
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 05:07

Post by greenjade05 » May 15th, '07, 01:41

I just had to stop in and say how much I love this drama and the SM part cracked me up!
Did anyone else notice that in ep. 4 that during the SM part, at 3:33 right before Akiyama told Nao that she should vote "No", that when Akiyama looked up from the ground, there was a quick flash of the "yes"/"no" board with the outcome of more "no" votes than "yes"? I had to watch that part a few times to make sure I got it because it went by super fast.

http://piccysnap.com/e/412183835/PICCYS ... _680_c.jpg

I figured out now that if Akiyama hadn't told Nao to switch then it would be Nao dealing with "X", 15 and that other dude. There is no way that Nao would have figured out that Mr. Mushroom was "X" and chances are she would lose in the next round. Plus Akiyama had to win in order to stop "X" from being the overall winner.
Gosh I can't want for ep. 5 to be subbed. I really want to know what Akiyama and 15 spoke about!
Last edited by greenjade05 on May 15th, '07, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 630
Joined: Sep 29th, '05, 03:17
Location: Fansub addict
Contact:

Post by 8thSin » May 15th, '07, 03:15

Hehe, I didn't recognize Iwasa Mayuko as X until she took her shades off. I love her!! :D

I don't like how Toda Erika's character is so weak ALL the time and use your brain! :P

chickenruns
Posts: 124
Joined: Apr 9th, '06, 16:43
Location: paris

Post by chickenruns » May 15th, '07, 16:00

greenjade05 wrote:I just had to stop in and say how much I love this drama and the SM part cracked me up!
Did anyone else notice that in ep. 4 that during the SM part, at 3:33 right before Akiyama told Nao that she should vote "No", that when Akiyama looked up from the ground, there was a quick flash of the "yes"/"no" board with the outcome of more "no" votes than "yes"? I had to watch that part a few times to make sure I got it because it went by super fast.

http://piccysnap.com/e/412183835/PICCYS ... _680_c.jpg

I figured out now that if Akiyama hadn't told Nao to switch then it would be Nao dealing with "X", 15 and that other dude. There is no way that Nao would have figured out that Mr. Mushroom was "X" and chances are she would lose in the next round. Plus Akiyama had to win in order to stop "X" from being the overall winner.
Gosh I can't want for ep. 5 to be subbed. I really want to know what Akiyama and 15 spoke about!



You've got the cat's eyes :w00t:

Me too I did rewinded that part about 4 times or more to see it clearly.. Maybe
Akiyama can predict the futur
I'm sooo in love with this dorama which is much better than Kurosagi and 2 main actors are quite good and the plot is interesting.. can't wait to see more

furransu
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mar 12th, '04, 15:51

Post by furransu » May 16th, '07, 00:52

nao is so annoying.. i just want her to get lots of debt and i hope akiyama is swindling her!! :D

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » May 16th, '07, 02:27

greenjade05 wrote:I just had to stop in and say how much I love this drama and the SM part cracked me up!
Did anyone else notice that in ep. 4 that during the SM part, at 3:33 right before Akiyama told Nao that she should vote "No", that when Akiyama looked up from the ground, there was a quick flash of the "yes"/"no" board with the outcome of more "no" votes than "yes"? I had to watch that part a few times to make sure I got it because it went by super fast.

http://piccysnap.com/e/412183835/PICCYS ... _680_c.jpg

I figured out now that if Akiyama hadn't told Nao to switch then it would be Nao dealing with "X", 15 and that other dude. There is no way that Nao would have figured out that Mr. Mushroom was "X" and chances are she would lose in the next round. Plus Akiyama had to win in order to stop "X" from being the overall winner.
Sigh...the writers dumbed down the plot...again. Another totally unnecessary scene (in the manga, Akiyama's actions are much more logical). If he'd already known the identity of X and his strategy as suggested at the end, then he would have known even before the voting began that he had to always vote the same way as X in order to have a chance to win. In ep. 5, there's an even dumber addition which makes me wonder about the writers'/director's math proficiency.
Also, ep. 5 is starting to drag, which doesn't bode well for a satisfying original ending. :-(

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » May 17th, '07, 18:46

non-angelical wrote:
kiwigloomy wrote:
Maybe Nao is this genius that pretends to be dumb and naive...
Nao of course see through all of Akiyama's trick(and cos Akiyama is pretty smart, so she can trust him)... She needed to act dumb; in order to fool everyone, she uses Akiyama as a decoy(which is why she ask Akiyama to help him at the first place, not becos of she cant win, but becos of this plan that she had).

Also, in each game, she gotta force herself to be in a horrible situations, and desperately needed help, so Akiyama wouldn't suspect her.
But probably in case Akiyama doesnt help her, she still got a backup plan.

She wanted to advance to the final round while everyone still think she has no chance of winning.
She got it all planned out, and the final battle would probably be akiyama vs Nao vs some other dude.
And At the end, probably Nao gonna win, and then reveals her plan.
That would be the most satisfying ending, at least for me =)
LOL :lol :lol

That would be very interesting to watch...
The true spirit of LIAR GAME!
*but do you think it is even possible?*
Not exactly, but you'll see an aspect of Nao's character at the end of the resurrection game that will show you how she's an x-factor that can work to Akiyama's advantage
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
ruisu
Posts: 301
Joined: Apr 5th, '06, 21:47
Location: I'm on your screen, taking up your pixels

Post by ruisu » May 17th, '07, 19:05

I really like the concept of this drama, but does anyone think they talk way to much. Like when the Joker would tell Batman (1960's version) how he finally got him with his ingenious scheme.

User avatar
Qualian
Posts: 23
Joined: Jun 30th, '06, 16:30
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Qualian » May 17th, '07, 19:39

^ Haha, I don't feel that way! It felt very good how Akiyama explained that stupid Fukiyama how he saw through him. I thought Fukiyama was talking too much, though...and that stupid laugh. :sweat:

Does someone know where I can download OSTs of LIAR GAME? Please let me know! :D
Avatar made by yuyan from Aibakaland, thanks~!
Currently watching: Huan Zhu Ge Ge, Bull Fighting, Sweet Relationship, Bull Fighting, Oishii Kankei

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest