[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
namie

Post by namie » Jun 25th, '07, 18:00

Nooooooooooooo.....I can't wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want watch the episode!!!!!!!!!! :goggle: :goggle: :goggle: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 25th, '07, 18:16

WAit so, im confused...spoiler me...

did he get the girl or not? Cause seriously, this show wasnt that good that it could have a so so ending. it really needed a good (read:HAPPY) ending. i might not even watch the last episode if this is the case. i cant imagine how pissed the yampi fangirls would be cause im pissed and im far away from that!!

tritochjay

Post by tritochjay » Jun 25th, '07, 18:19

They are egging us to watch the special [Tsuru x Eri] And lookie lookie.. we might do have a DOUBLE wedding :D

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Jun 25th, '07, 18:21

Okay just woke up and read all of the spoilers...
WTF? WTFFFFFFFFF?! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: This is the most horrible ending EVER!!!! There better be a special or something to resolve this! But don't have Rei be the person time slipping IF there is a second season :glare: . I don't like her, and it'll just be a rehash of this season. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING WRITERS?! DAMN YOU!! I'M GOING TO JAPAN TO HUNT YOU ALL DOWN!
Sorry for the rant.. I'm just incredibly pissed off! 10 weeks of waiting, watching, and hoping for the best.. and now this? Bulls**t! :cussing:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 25th, '07, 18:33

ok, got it... my thoughts....

i don't get it. you know, things aren't so hard. EVERYONE watching the drama wanted something to happen, and it didn't. follow through on the sappy ending and show SOMETHING, ANYTHING. the yampi fangirls go :cheers: the rest of us watchin ggo :P oh well, it wasnt earth shattering but it was nice. intead everyone is

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

its just retarded, why do this?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 25th, '07, 19:36

kilaalaa wrote:^ They're not going to release it raw today.

Do you read Chinese?

Prodai Chinese subs may be out in record time today/tomorrow morning. Well mainly because there is such fierce competition between the 2 subbing groups. 1 group released it at 4or 5 am last week? So I am betting the other group will try to beat it this week. HAHA

I can't wait to watch Ken's speech.
The c-subs are here!!! posted 3:32 AM and already 300DLs!
http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid ... a=page%3D1
Last edited by auroragb on Jun 25th, '07, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

sensetshadow

Post by sensetshadow » Jun 25th, '07, 19:36

Where IS IT???? Where are the hardsubs for ep10... and ep9 tooo.... I just can't seem to find it... I'm goin' crazyyyy"""!!!!!!! PLEAse HElp Me!!!!!
beggin' you!

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Jun 25th, '07, 19:46

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Jun 25th, '07, 19:52

sensetshadow wrote:Where IS IT???? Where are the hardsubs for ep10... and ep9 tooo.... I just can't seem to find it... I'm goin' crazyyyy"""!!!!!!! PLEAse HElp Me!!!!!
beggin' you!
click here http://bbs.btpig.com/viewthread.php?tid ... 3D1&page=1 and scroll down the page... you will find all episodes... and the 11 ! (approx mid of the page)

Cyclopz0rs

Post by Cyclopz0rs » Jun 25th, '07, 20:14

Everyone seems so dissapointed in the last episode...ill have to watch it to find out why..lol...it cant be that bad.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 25th, '07, 20:41

Chinese subbers are crazy. Seriously crazy. HAHA but I like!

I'm still holding out for TVBT's subs though, they tend to be a bit better and I want to watch Ken's spech happily. HAHA

I'm going off to sleep now, see you guys after I wake up and have watched Episode 11!

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 25th, '07, 21:02

Everyone seems so dissapointed in the last episode...
I have one suspicion. Somebody mentioned the most vulgar word in Japan, JOHNNY. :D

It means we got an ending nobody wants (hello Nobuta! hello Kurosagi!), and Pi remains Boy, rather than Man. Bleh. Anyhow, if the ending gets Johnny'd, I can just see King Kimataku laughing on top of his throne, drinking Cristal in his pink bunny suit, and thinking "Johnny say no no no . . . "

From what Graymouse says, it looks like the Reigning Queen of Junai finally gets to do her movie star turn. Masami + wedding dress + lots of tears = 20+ rating.

microsoftExcelExcel

Post by microsoftExcelExcel » Jun 25th, '07, 21:06

After spoiling myself to the point frustration, it kinda makes you think...
I guess this sort of vague-ish ending makes you pretty thankful that HYD2 ended the way it did.

Now, I'm just looking forward to the speech sub. Maybe the resolution will be there.
:roll
[/spoiler]

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 25th, '07, 21:37

kilaalaa wrote:Chinese subbers are crazy. Seriously crazy. HAHA but I like!

I'm still holding out for TVBT's subs though, they tend to be a bit better and I want to watch Ken's spech happily. HAHA

I'm going off to sleep now, see you guys after I wake up and have watched Episode 11!
TVBT's out!
http://www.mytvbt.com/viewthread.php?ti ... a=page%3D1

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 25th, '07, 22:35

woot, i got my raws early on today from an LJ friend!! *does a victory dance*

my god, even though from what i've read, im totally disappointed, i hope the screenplay makes up for it. like joeboygo, if this ends in a way that totally makes me unsatisfied, THEN IM GONNA WANT BACK ALL THE NIGHTS I SPENT PORING OVER THIS DRAMA! XD XD XD *although this drama has been able to supply my needed fix*

am now watching it, and im just 5 mins into it and im already bawling... haha im such a lousy little sentimental girl... :lol

squall69

Post by squall69 » Jun 25th, '07, 23:12

When is the torrent of the ep 11 raw available here?

epi

ARGHH

Post by epi » Jun 25th, '07, 23:32

Arrgghhh ... for some reason I just knew that the ending will be kind of "HUH??!!! THAT'S THE END??!!!" Maybe it's better than WTF but it's really not by much ... :x Most of the dramas that I've watched lately have this kindd of open ending ... :doh:

For some reason all the nice romance dramas that I watched was kinda ruined by the not so firm and open ended kind of ending ... Lets see, Tatta Hitotsu was kind of like that, just running, hugging, no kissing and ended!!! :hissy: Then of course Kurosagi ... it was like very open to interpretation ... :cussing: :cussing:

Why oh why??!!! :scratch: They should just end a drama properly then it'll really help the viewers' peace of mind ... I mean we spend hours and hours watching (and discussing) the dramas ... granted that nobody forces us to do this but it will be really nice if we can have a magical fairy tale ending ... agree??!!!

AfricanBean

Post by AfricanBean » Jun 25th, '07, 23:36

epi wrote: it will be really nice if we can have a magical fairy tale ending ... agree??!!!
Fairytale endings aren't hip anymore. Everyone is into ambiguous, or extremely depressing endings these days, even when they don't fit the drama. :roll

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 25th, '07, 23:48

yeah Africanbean...you're right. as mentioned b4 in this thread too, Jdramas have a tendency not to have the perfect happy ending. and not only.....think sopranos.....

for all those referring to a second season or a special - I doubt there will be one. as annoying as it is, the whole idea is not to spell everything for us. i doubt they'll decide to show us everything that happened.
and yeah....Im now thankful HYD ended the way it did. and with HYD there was brief talk of a third season.....(off the table, dont get excited!), anyways, I guess with this kinda of ending we will remember this drama more!

qsk

Post by qsk » Jun 26th, '07, 00:16

One of the other reasons I'm not satisfied with ending is also because it din't show what happen to the rest of the characters.

The script writer just leave everything to the audience imagination. Which I don't really like.

Questions like these keep popping out from my head....
What will happen to the wedding ceremony then?
How is Tada-sensei going to take care of things afterwards?
What will be the reaction of Tsuru, Eri, Mikio, and Rei's parents, after they know Rei ran away?

So many things still unexplain. I really think ProDai deserves one more episode to show all these.. plus of course showing the fairy tale ending of Rei x Kenzou together happily ever after :D

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 26th, '07, 00:39

watched it already. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. actually, i kinda like how it ended, very classy, *for me hehe*. BUT here are some of my thoughts...
for one, holy cow, I was totally embarrassed at how Ken did his speech. WTF "im really sorry tada, but the one who could make Rei happy is me! im the one who was by her side for 14 years but what the heck, congrats anyway." I was in AGONY. But then, it was redeemed a bit, because though he said that, he did show he was genuinely congratulating them. But his honesty about his emotions was a tad bit too blunt for my taste...

another thing i wonder about is Rei. she was hell bent for quite awhile since episode 6. but then, when she was given by Tada a chance to go for Ken, yes there was a bit of hesitation before she completely decided to go for it, but then, what surprised me is that she actually DID choose. I mean, if you were sure of yourself, then you would've refused the bet in the first place. yes, i know she saw the ring ken gave her, but then does that mean she would've stuck with it then had Tada not backed out?! so if she had that much doubt then, why not do it before the reception?! ahhhhh hahaha im so confused XD XD oh well, the only thing constant about women is their inconsistence anyway eheheh. At least I know I am as well.. :lol

and also, I am INCREDIBLY shocked at Tada-san. from what i've seen, apparently, he was COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS to the KenxRei thing. I mean, it was as if only at the moment of Ken's revealing speech did it dawn on him! Ahh Tada-san, you have been fully cleansed of accusations against you ahahah.

and omg the yosei's speech! my god, it sounded completely like the prepping speech he said to Ken! @.@ I was thinking "holy ****, is this like a foreshadowing that there'll be a season 2, with REI TIMESLIPPING!?!?!?" good thing he just motivated her.... but then, when i repeated that scene, Rei walked out into blinding sunshine and we see nothing more, then it switches to Ken in the cab... seriously, i had the feeling that Rei
might have timeslipped then. HOPEFULLY NO. *crosses fingers*

so far, this ep's dialogue looks to be the easiest to translate thus far, BUT THE HARDEST TO SUB. I didn't even see the Ken's speech. I was too busy bawling into my pillow while listening to him eke out that speech of his.
oh, and if anybody's interested, here's the link of the raw given to me by my friend. its a bit LQ though, but its good enough until you get a copy of the HQ one:
http://www46.megaupload.com/files/df060 ... 終話・涙の%2525

and PLEASE dont ask me for uploading in the other servers. :D

xsilentangel

Post by xsilentangel » Jun 26th, '07, 00:53

uh oh.. i sneaked a peek at some responses ^ like the one above

and it seems as though you guys don't like the last episode >_>

i finally saw 10... i was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see it.. and as well at 11.. but now i'm kinda.. ehh.. i'm scared of how it will end.. how ken will end up

AH!!!!!

elaeye

Post by elaeye » Jun 26th, '07, 01:00

Ahh...morning peeps <3 (I was one of the people hyperventilating last night. xD)

I think to really enjoy this episode, you really need to actually watch it since the "plot" of the episode isn't the best. I'm sure it's much better when you actually watch it.

^__^ <3

But now I'm just going to wait for summaries from certain websites and hopefully be able to download the hardsubs when they're out. ^__^ <333

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jun 26th, '07, 01:08

did they say whats written in the ring?

AfricanBean

Post by AfricanBean » Jun 26th, '07, 01:20

Shiget^ wrote:did they say whats written in the ring?
Don't read the next part, spoilers for ep 11 regarding Shiget's question.
Rei x Kenzo. I think. Though, my memory sucks, and I can't seem to find where I saw that in the episode :/ Edit-It shows it toward the end.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 26th, '07, 01:39

elaeye wrote:Ahh...morning peeps <3 (I was one of the people hyperventilating last night. xD)

I think to really enjoy this episode, you really need to actually watch it since the "plot" of the episode isn't the best. I'm sure it's much better when you actually watch it.

^__^ <3

But now I'm just going to wait for summaries from certain websites and hopefully be able to download the hardsubs when they're out. ^__^ <333
for this case, THAT IS EXACTLY TRUE. when the episode is written on paper, it's like, blech what the hell, but they played it out so nicely that after the initial shock, you'd be quite content with it. I was a bit hysterical at first, but now i kinda breathe easy about it hehehe. Its not as i expected it to be, but tonight I'll be able to sleep. :D

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Jun 26th, '07, 02:20

there were moments where i found this series actually cute and interesting but i seriously DID NOT ENJOY the ending

and to have
Rei time slip as a second series or even as a special would be too repetitive to make this series worst with the already bad ending
Masami is are really good actress and same for Yampi and everyone else in the drama..i don't care if fairytale endings aren't hip anymore, at least they could have put something more into the ending. this was just bad.

argh. ok i'm done :D
i am crossing my fingers on next season's series to have better endings.
[/spoiler]

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jun 26th, '07, 02:28

>_> what the heck!
KENZO ! OMG it's RING! Kiss happy endinG! OH no u don't deserve to get it! Guess muhahaha

:glare: :glare: I hate eps 11...

elaeye

Post by elaeye » Jun 26th, '07, 02:41

lunargen wrote:
elaeye wrote:Ahh...morning peeps <3 (I was one of the people hyperventilating last night. xD)

^__^ <3

for this case, THAT IS EXACTLY TRUE. when the episode is written on paper, it's like, blech what the hell, but they played it out so nicely that after the initial shock, you'd be quite content with it. I was a bit hysterical at first, but now i kinda breathe easy about it hehehe. Its not as i expected it to be, but tonight I'll be able to sleep. :D
I think that's pretty much the case. Written out on paper, the episode "in a nutshell" is like...OMGWTF?! :cussing:

But then when you watch it, I think the episode would actually be pretty good (a picture tells a thousand words yeah?).

I wouldn't know, I haven't watched it yet. u__u;;

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 26th, '07, 03:06

okay, so i just finished ep 11, and i haven't read what has been said in the past 10 pages that have gone up in the past 12 hours, but i have to say....
i hope there's more..although, i don't know how they're going to do it. the time slipping has been done, and that's kind of what made this special.

i don't know...it wasn't as bad as some endings have been...(again...Kurosagi...what the heck)...but couldn't it have ended as predictably as it should've? Lunargen, can't wait for your subs, cuz I need to really understand what's going on. I could understand bits and pieces, but I need a good understanding. (of course, take your time and i don't at all mean to be the impatient newbie.)

just...i'm kinda speechless right now until i understand better...then i'll be able to comment better...just....wow. I hope there's a season 2...not at all to mimic HYD at all, but the first season kind of had that anti-climatic ending, but while season two was completely boring until the last episode, I think the final episode did that series some justice. hopefully this will follow suite as I LOVED this show. just...i don't know how they're going to do the next season...cuz i mean, they HAVE to have another season.
okay, now to go read the past 10 pages....joeboygo probably screamed bloody murder or something after watching the finale...i'm sure i'll find the post. :lol

speaking of which though...did anyone notice that
typically on last episodes or finale, the title screen shows instead of "Episode 10" or something, it'll say "Final Episode", but for this episode, there wasn't anything. That's why I'm convinced that there will be more. I noticed that right away, but double checked immediately to make sure that I didn't miss it.
Good sign, I just don't want to have to wait. I want more ProDai now.
with the fairy tale ending

shazai

Post by shazai » Jun 26th, '07, 03:44

I hope someone could upload the SP of Prodai that was aired before the finale...

kepe

amazing ending rating though

Post by kepe » Jun 26th, '07, 04:24

although not actively participating here, I enjoyed all your post !!!
super poster!

anyhow ... it touched 20.9% viewership rating! checkout the wiki page :cheers: :cheers:

isn't the special more likely to be done say.... january 2008??
remembering the case of those special episodes (e.g.gokusen series, attention please, and so on)

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 26th, '07, 04:27

shazai wrote:I hope someone could upload the SP of Prodai that was aired before the finale...
you mean this?
http://ryopilover.livejournal.com/65703.html

i haven't watched it yet though so i don't really know. :D

and aatm, suprisingly, joeboygo hasn't made his hysterical appearance as yet. (and hysterical because everything he stated he didn't want this drama to become, came true :lol )

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 26th, '07, 04:37

aatm wrote:okay, so i just finished ep 11, and i haven't read what has been said in the past 10 pages that have gone up in the past 12 hours, but i have to say....
i hope there's more..although, i don't know how they're going to do it. the time slipping has been done, and that's kind of what made this special.

i don't know...it wasn't as bad as some endings have been...(again...Kurosagi...what the heck)...but couldn't it have ended as predictably as it should've? Lunargen, can't wait for your subs, cuz I need to really understand what's going on. I could understand bits and pieces, but I need a good understanding. (of course, take your time and i don't at all mean to be the impatient newbie.)

just...i'm kinda speechless right now until i understand better...then i'll be able to comment better...just....wow. I hope there's a season 2...not at all to mimic HYD at all, but the first season kind of had that anti-climatic ending, but while season two was completely boring until the last episode, I think the final episode did that series some justice. hopefully this will follow suite as I LOVED this show. just...i don't know how they're going to do the next season...cuz i mean, they HAVE to have another season.
okay, now to go read the past 10 pages....joeboygo probably screamed bloody murder or something after watching the finale...i'm sure i'll find the post. :lol

speaking of which though...did anyone notice that
typically on last episodes or finale, the title screen shows instead of "Episode 10" or something, it'll say "Final Episode", but for this episode, there wasn't anything. That's why I'm convinced that there will be more. I noticed that right away, but double checked immediately to make sure that I didn't miss it.
Good sign, I just don't want to have to wait. I want more ProDai now.
with the fairy tale ending

i hope you are right about the second season....and with Kurosagi there is going to be a movie to end it i assume...but ther is definitely going to be a movie the sad thingis that it won't come out I believe until next year.

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Jun 26th, '07, 04:42

this speaks for how i feel about the ending. :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 26th, '07, 05:15

@ Lunargen

yeah, can't wait for joeboygo to get here. that'll be fun. hehe. =)

but yeah, i guess no one else saw that as significant...
that it didn't say "finale"...but said "11" in the background like normal. I mean, obviously it was the finale for the season, but...i don't know. just wishful thinking.

and i'm still not really convinced that the second season (let's just pretend there will be one...for sanity sake)....why would Rei need to timeslip? she loves ken, she left tada, all the dominos are set perfectly.....i'm trying to say that nothing in the past needs to be changed except for ken and rei to get married. *shrug* but, *sigh*...just wish there would've been a more satisfying ending.
where's joeboygo and all his eloquence? i wish i read the dictionary...

CrAcKaJaP206

Post by CrAcKaJaP206 » Jun 26th, '07, 05:23

Hiding it just incase
there has to be a special comming after that ending. No way they can end the drama like that. also normally when a drama ends they have a quick commercial for the dvd tv drama series and they didn't do it on PD.

I'm hoping for something along the lines of GTO how they had a special after the series ended. If not, one of the better drama's with a HORRIBLE ending.

Ep 11 was such a good episode too but i really felt let down at the very end

Kamikatze

Post by Kamikatze » Jun 26th, '07, 05:25

Hmm, I'm not too fond of the storyline myself.

See... he's in love with her, he gets the chance to get back in time to change it all, so that she falls for him, while in the "normal" timeline she wouldn't fall for him (obviously "destiny" hadn't planned for them to be together). I don't like that. First off, you don't f*** around with the timeline, the results might not be funny and not be as expected. Secondly, it's too much along the lines of "she's mine", as if she was some sort of... thing. In the "normal" timeline she would not fall in love with him, but, equipped with the knowledge of later years, he gets to turn things around, while her true decision would be completely different. I don't like that. To me, it looks as if he doesn't respect her decision, and as such, he doesn't respect her as a whole.

ah_blub

Post by ah_blub » Jun 26th, '07, 05:47

hmm.. can someone translate the very very last sentence that was shown on the white screen after kenzou turns around??

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jun 26th, '07, 06:05

ah_blub wrote:hmm.. can someone translate the very very last sentence that was shown on the white screen after kenzou turns around??
All that says is that the drama is fiction. They seem to have that at the end of every episode of almost every drama.

AfricanBean

Post by AfricanBean » Jun 26th, '07, 07:08

Kamikatze wrote:Hmm, I'm not too fond of the storyline myself.
Uh oh, long winded response.
I see your point of view, and I feel that it is very valid and justified. However, I do disagree on a few points. As for the timeline, I think the fairy has fairly solid control over preventing anything world altering from happening. I also think part of why is time in the past is limited is to also limit the chance of things getting out of hand timeline-wize. Also, Ken bumped into a magical fairy who gave him a second chance, if that isn't "fate", I don't know what is.

On the next point, I don't think Ken ever directly or indirectly refers to Rei as his. He never acts like she's a possession or prize to be won. From what I saw in the series, he did many things simply for her benefit alone, and prayed it would be enough to make her return his feelings. It was more about doing things the way he felt he should have for her, as opposed to doing things to "steal" her. Yes, he is armed with the knowledge of the past and the present, but I can't name one instance where he selfishly misuses for his own benefit. Instead of using his knowledge of Rei against her, he uses his knowledge of himself/the past FOR her. He may mutter about not wanting her to get married, but he never openly or covertly sabotages it. Realistically, he could have just muscled Tada away from Rei in the past, or something similar, but he didn't.

And to be honest, who's to say even the unchanged(pre-timeslip) Rei doesn't still feel something for Ken. She could have just been much more emotionally guarded before he fixed his previous mistakes. Also, you can respect someone's opinion fully, and still be against it. Note, he never once takes her freedom of choice away from her. Ken never, NEVER does anything to force her hand, or trick her out of marrying Tada. He didn't do anything to take away the memories and feelings that Rei developed with Tada either. In the end, it was still her choice, and she made it, not him. I'd say he respects her, and it shows throughout the show.

Please bear in mind, these are my own opinions based on what I've seen in the show. While they may contradict what others believe, I am not stating that I am correct and they are wrong.
Last edited by AfricanBean on Jun 26th, '07, 09:01, edited 2 times in total.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jun 26th, '07, 07:56

I'll be honest, I originally thought the last episode was just so-so, but the more I thought about it, the better I thought it was.
I don't think there will be a special or a 2nd season because I think it actually ended. The story was about finding a miracle. In the first episode, it talks about opening the door of miracles. The fairy also talks about if you have the desire to change and take small steps forward, the door of miracles will open someday. Each episode showed Ken's desire to change and a step forward to opening the door. He finally took the final step forward with his reception speech. When Rei ran through the door at the end, it signified that the door had opened and they had found their miracle. The very ending after the song, i thought it meant that Rei had went after Ken and had caught up to him. (Which wouldn't be hard to do if he was pushing a car) She then yelled at him, and when he turned and looked, you could see the smile on his face that he knew he had opened the door of miracles.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 26th, '07, 08:18

Still haven't watched the ending, but it's apparently available over at veoh without subs.

Gah. The wait is SO going to suck.

Anyhoo . . . the ratings have come, and ProDai finale got the coveted 20 -- 20.9, and it finished with a 17.1 average. That would also make ProDai Yamapi's highest performing show.

By the look of it, this will be only the 3rd show this season that outperformed its debut rating, and it's the only show that averaged a 15+. By virtue of that, this show should clean house when the awards get dished -- dude, will Pi finally win an acting award?!? :D

wfbaskoro

Post by wfbaskoro » Jun 26th, '07, 08:18

even i am not yet watch ProDai ep11, but i enjoying very much to peep all spoilers here... thanks for them. but still, it never change my mind that this dorama is just always makes me feel so curious.
hm, i think the ending is not that bad, because it don't give what you thought in your mind, even though some of you feel it is disatisfying. hehe

elaeye

Re: amazing ending rating though

Post by elaeye » Jun 26th, '07, 08:21

Fastat3m, that's a good point.

Waah...long essay. o__o
I think, after a long time of calming down, that it was still a suitable ending. I think it was a good way to end the main series because Ken doesn't specifically say he wants Rei to marry him; just so that he could go back and fix all his regrets. The "mission" was, as Fastat3m said, to open that door of miracles (as the fairy kept elaborating) and I think the entire symbology with Rei dashing out the door was fitting.

Also you can totally just tell Ken knew he had succeeded at that point. However, if I were looking from the director's point of view...I dunno...I'm pretty sure the filmmakers still have something up their sleeves. Whilst Episode 11 wrapped up the entire series, I think there's still a little to be elaborated on...like what would happen with the entire reception, Tsuru, Eri and Mikio's reactions and what do Ken and Rei decide after that?

In a way, it would make things slightly more complicated since there's the entire "time confusion" factor going on...like should they pick up from where Rei called out to Ken or from way into the future at their wedding or whatnot... I guess writers do want to avoid all those nasty confrontation questions. But I do hope there's a special.

I'm pretty sure a second season is just...not necessary. It would be repetitive and I really see no point...Rei chose Ken, Ken loves Rei...it's like...the end. The most I'm predicting and hoping for is a special (even a movie seems a little long)
...yeah. XD

kepe

Post by kepe » Jun 26th, '07, 08:37

i just checked the http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/propose/message/index.html
i think a lot of people there are either thanking for a good story OR ..... wanting for continuation, since a lot of matters in the drama has not been explained yet (e.g. Rei's parents reaction, wedding itself, Rei-Ken's friends reaction, etc.)

this is my first chance to see a drama which is very confusing at the end...
anybody out there were having similar dorama experience in the past?? (probably any example of dispute which force the producer to release a special episode)...
how normally they end this? (or just this... this is it... ended).
rrrrr and was actually Tada-san letting Rei go?
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

ah_blub

Post by ah_blub » Jun 26th, '07, 09:04

celticmoon wrote:
ah_blub wrote:hmm.. can someone translate the very very last sentence that was shown on the white screen after kenzou turns around??
All that says is that the drama is fiction. They seem to have that at the end of every episode of almost every drama.
oh thanks.

i thought it has something to do with the show. :X

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 26th, '07, 09:44

I have a question about Episode 11:
How do you guys know that it was a rehearsal? Other than Ken's line where he said, "Now Rei and Tada are getting married..."

I mean is it common for the Japanese to rehearse their wedding in front of all their guests?

yousei

Post by yousei » Jun 26th, '07, 11:34

*edit*
Last edited by yousei on Jul 20th, '07, 19:40, edited 4 times in total.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 26th, '07, 11:35

I don't think it was a rehearsal. In Japan the ceremony at a church (or a shinto shrine) doesn't hold till its reported to the city hall. I'm guessing they just didn't do that and that's why they were not formally married. but actually, most Japanese get registered b4 the wedding reception. so maybe they'll just get a divorce. and thats at the city hall too.

I do think tho that it was taken too literally. Ken did speak in kind of future tense, but it can also indicate that their married life will begin with the ceremony. its a common phrase in weddings (the ones I've been to) - korekara kenkkon shimasu.

kilaalaa

Post by kilaalaa » Jun 26th, '07, 11:49

^
If so, that really sucks for Tada. HAHA where is joeboygo? All his worst nightmares came true. LOL

Did anyone realise that First Kiss is only starting on 9 July? That leaves 2 July open for a SP! Does anyone know whats airing on 2 July at the same timeslot?

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Jun 26th, '07, 11:50

first 16mins Detailed summary of last episode is out here
http://daelite.wordpress.com/2007/06/26 ... mary-caps/

Enjoy !

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 26th, '07, 12:15

Ive wondered where joeboygo is too!

I guess he's too shocked to even talk about it ha ha....
hopefully, he didnt walk up to fuji terebi offices in odaiba and threatened the writers.....ha ha....

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 26th, '07, 12:21

oh, and its common to have a week break or so between dramas.
I was actually surprised there isnt one on tuesdays
(hanayome to papa ending and hanazakari starting)

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jun 26th, '07, 12:22

Just finished watching the last episode (subpig).
Actually, I thought it was very well done. It teases us with at least two false endings that did make sense - when Ken returned for the last time, and when Rei failed to chase down his cab. It also avoids all the horrible possibilities feared by people here, and more. I see some here were looking for a more demonstrative ending, hugs and kisses, but I wonder if that won't be superfluous. The "moral of the story" is already clear enough - what the yousei explained once to Ken and once to Rei.

(Another way of looking at that is, it's a great compliment for Rei's maturity and/or intelligence. She got his point almost immediately, while Ken had to do 10 time slips and drive everyone nuts before he did :P)

I also believe the wedding wasn't any rehearsal. It was the real thing, and Tada was being really generous in letting Rei do what she did. It's too bad for him though.
Last edited by lzydata on Jun 26th, '07, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

yousei

Post by yousei » Jun 26th, '07, 13:29

*edit*
Last edited by yousei on Jul 20th, '07, 19:40, edited 4 times in total.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 26th, '07, 13:53

people are trying to rationalize the ending but
it was a poor ending. i know everyone has an opinion, but the majority of people who really invested their time and energy in it, the yampi fans, etc. WANTED a certain ending, and instead got something 10 times less satisfying. That's not good, the point of the ending is to wrap the story in a logical and satisfying way, not creat opporunities for fan fiction.
and the worst thing is...
are all his dramas going to end like this because his fans cant take him winding up with a girl? isnt that retarded?

x_sushi_o

Post by x_sushi_o » Jun 26th, '07, 14:21

nikochanr3 wrote:
are all his dramas going to end like this because his fans cant take him winding up with a girl? isnt that retarded?
wow o.O is that really the reason? it makes you not wanna watch any of his dramas then =(

w3bhead

Post by w3bhead » Jun 26th, '07, 15:00

nikochanr3 wrote:people are trying to rationalize the ending but
it was a poor ending. i know everyone has an opinion, but the majority of people who really invested their time and energy in it, the yampi fans, etc. WANTED a certain ending, and instead got something 10 times less satisfying. That's not good, the point of the ending is to wrap the story in a logical and satisfying way, not creat opporunities for fan fiction.

I totally agree with what you said...

Saying that I'm disappointed is an understatement. And yes, I'm one of those people that invested time and energy in this drama, since I found this to be very interesting. I don't like how it ended. During the part when the yousei was talking to Rei, I really thought he'd give her a chance to go back as well and fix things, so that Rei and Ken would end up getting married, or something similar. At the very least, I hoped that the ending was done better, and with closure, not leaving it hanging like that. I know a lot of people might disagree with me, but I really hoped that the ending would've been more satisfying.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 26th, '07, 15:33

first, not related at all...
w3bhead
i love your motto.....Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to.....so true, and yet too funny.
I hope u dont mind if I use it..... :unsure:

as for the ending....
I agree it was disappointing. for me the worst part was the way Ken "confessed". it was tactless, childish and done without any consideration to others' feelings and I think thats the most disgusting thing. I'd never forgive someone if they did that to me.

I think they could have done a better job at a general closure for the other characters too. and do that with a half open ending that they did.....I think its not the fact that we didnt see 'em kiss, its more that there are way too many questions left open. and I kinda like open endings....
like I said earlier, I see little to no chance of a SP or S2.
the saddest thing is that this is my least fav drama this season now....and it was up there for a while.... :-(

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jun 26th, '07, 15:48

First, I fully apologize for misleading what Tada was saying to Rei in the preview for episode 11 when I suggested that what Tada said was 「駆落ち」. Someone's else original guess of 「賭け」 was indeed the correct guess.

mina san, gomen nasai. *bow*

Regarding the ending,
I love it! It is as it should be. Kenzou realizing that it was not the past that needed to be changed, but instead it is himself that needs to be changed.

He did that. And the confirmation of that is his different speech at the reception. Some of you thinks he tries to sabotage the wedding. However, that was not his purpose at all. He simply spoke his true feelings, then gave them his true blessings and took himself out of the picture altogether. Anyone of you who said otherwise is just because you will never have the guts to put down your own fear of being ridicule and not betray your own true feeling.

As for Tada san, right after he let Rie go, he asked what was he doing. I'll tell you, he was gaining my respect. I guess in some sense Tada returned Kenzou's flavor when back in episode 3 Kenzou finally let out that piece of sitting arrangement paper that he could've kept hidden. Anyway, the man has lost a wife but definitely become a bigger man in my opinion.

As for Rei, I'm glad the writers had her realized that she was as stubborn and not-understanding as she had accused of Kenzou. Her inner-monologue was quite touching to me. Nagasawa masami is indeed quite an actress to pull off that emotion which speaks of regrets, realization, and dilemma.

As for the yousei returning Kenzou AFTER the ceremony as opposed to before, I think that was the correct natural flow of the story. At that point, Kenzou had realized it is not the past he needs to change. He has decided he will change himself present and look toward the future instead. So, to have him be returned before the wedding would be pointless from that perspective. Beside, believe it or not, the real essence of love is not in the exchange of a few words we called "vow." I love it when the yousei asked Rei after she had failed to catch Kenzou,

"Even as it is now, isn't it yet possible?"

Yes, even after the exchange of vow, even after failing to catch Kenzou. She pushed open the door and went to look for her miracle. I simply love that! You see, Rei has changed as well as a person. Her decision to run after Kenzou mirrors that of Kenzou's new speech at the reception. Now that is your exchange of love that speaks louder than any words or vows.

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Jun 26th, '07, 15:59

sakurachan wrote:
Regarding the ending,
I love it! It is as it should be. Kenzou realizing that it was not the past that needed to be changed, but instead it is himself that needs to be changed.

He did that. And the confirmation of that is his different speech at the reception. Some of you thinks he tries to sabotage the wedding. However, that was not his purpose at all. He simply spoke his true feelings, then gave them his true blessings and took himself out of the picture altogether. Anyone of you who said otherwise is just because you will never have the guts to put down your own fear of being ridicule and not betray your own true feeling.

As for Tada san, right after he let Rie go, he asked what was he doing. I'll tell you, he was gaining my respect. I guess in some sense Tada returned Kenzou's flavor when back in episode 3 Kenzou finally let out that piece of sitting arrangement paper that he could've kept hidden. Anyway, the man has lost a wife but definitely become a bigger man in my opinion.

As for Rei, I'm glad the writers had her realized that she was as stubborn and not-understanding as she had accused of Kenzou. Her inner-monologue was quite touching to me. Nagasawa masami is indeed quite an actress to pull off that emotion which speaks of regrets, realization, and dilemma.

As for the yousei returning Kenzou AFTER the ceremony as opposed to before, I think that was the correct natural flow of the story. At that point, Kenzou had realized it is not the past he needs to change. He has decided he will change himself present and look toward the future instead. So, to have him be returned before the wedding would be pointless from that perspective. Beside, believe it or not, the real essence of love is not in the exchange of a few words we called "vow." I love it when the yousei asked Rei after she had failed to catch Kenzou,

Yes, even after the exchange of vow, even after failing to catch Kenzou. She pushed open the door and went to look for her miracle. I simply love that! You see, Rei has changed as well as a person. Her decision to run after Kenzou mirrors that of Kenzou's new speech at the reception. Now that is your exchange of love that speaks louder than any words or vows.
Sakurachan, your analysis makes me speechless. What a good analysis of this tricky situation and ending.

You know, minna san, I am glad I red all the spoilers of last episode and all your analysis, because I think once i will watch the raw, I will be well prepared to face this ending and to ENJOY it as it must be...

Domo arigato gozaimashita minna san ! :wub:

fishtail

Post by fishtail » Jun 26th, '07, 16:07

i thought everyone should've already got used to the jdrama style audience self-imagination endings... no matter how it ends, the ending would not be able to satisfy everyone... :argue: so i guess that's how they end a jdrama now... audience can have his/her own "perfect ending" :argue:

i think hollywood movies today tend to end this way as well... but most of them do this in order to have a sequel in the future... :cussing:

this is the best comment/analysis i have read so far...
I don't think there will be a special or a 2nd season because I think it actually ended. The story was about finding a miracle. In the first episode, it talks about opening the door of miracles. The fairy also talks about if you have the desire to change and take small steps forward, the door of miracles will open someday. Each episode showed Ken's desire to change and a step forward to opening the door. He finally took the final step forward with his reception speech. When Rei ran through the door at the end, it signified that the door had opened and they had found their miracle. The very ending after the song, i thought it meant that Rei had went after Ken and had caught up to him. (Which wouldn't be hard to do if he was pushing a car) She then yelled at him, and when he turned and looked, you could see the smile on his face that he knew he had opened the door of miracles.

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 26th, '07, 16:12

i bet joeboygo's not going to show up for a while, if at all. if he's as dissatisfied (to put it lightly) as most of us are...well, yeah.

and sakurachan, i really like what you just said. i think your post was very insightful and opened up a different meaning of the events that took place. i like many others were extremely dissatisfied, but looking at it from your perspective makes it a little more bearable.

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Jun 26th, '07, 16:13

I just watched it, and I have to say this: I loved the ending! Seriously!
I half-read some spoilers before watching and I started thinking they wouldn't get together at all, and I almost reconciled myself with Kenzo giving the beautiful speach and walking away. So when Tada told her to go after him ( or whatever he said, didn't understand) I started hoping again. I stopped reading spoilers at "WTF, is it really ending like that, oh wait, maybe there's something after the credits," and I got the impression that there wasn't anything after, so when there actually was I was so happy (even though it was short.) Seeing Kenzo pushing the car, I laughed so hard XD
And then "KENZOU!" And his smile, so adorable :wub:

That's really all I needed to see :wub:

What I was really afraid of, what I'm always afraid of when it comes to romantic dramas like this one, was that they would have that "oh now were so happy and everything is wonderful" kiss which always leaves me feeling empty inside and which is always so different from the rest of the drama, like they suddenly changed personalities or something. I'm so glad they didn't do that. I like a little joke at the end (like yamapi pushing the car), and then they really did end up together! I don't need to see the whole thing.
That little smile at the end, to me that was closure.

I mean, everybody (or at least some :P ) have ranted about how much Rei can convey with just a little smile or look, it's what this drama has been about, hasn't it? Ken going back and changing Rei's frown to a smile. I'm so glad Yamapi got to have a moment like that, where he tells the whole story just by the look on his face. He looks so happy. Actually he had many moments like that in this episode :wub:

So that's it for me ranting. Let me just end by saying:

I love Yamapi!!!!! :lol

Love his acting too :wub:

Can't stop smiling :P

Will read the rest of the spoilers now :thumright:

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 26th, '07, 16:23

@ fishtail

eh, maybe, although I do maintain that while I disliked HYD2 with a passion, the ending was a wonderful conclusion - not open, but a conclusion. and i think it may just be a yamapi drama thing about the open endedness because kurosagi and this are just kinda...well...and then what? sekachuu and byakuyakou both began with the ending essentially, so you know how it ends, but the means is what was interesting. so i don't think it's typical to end like this...just...another way to do it.

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jun 26th, '07, 17:30

sakurachan wrote: Regarding the ending,

ii really thought about what you wrote and its true Kenzou and Rei grew as
persons and i give my respect to Tada sensei for letting the one he LOVES go
ii dont think anyone would just let them go specially at the wedding

nikochanr3 wrote:
ii know that is retarded.. hopefully thats not the TRUE reason but ii
wouldnt be surprised if it was... oh and one more thing i believe that
season 2 or a movie is sooooo not needed for this dorama

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jun 26th, '07, 17:35

lunargen wrote: everything he stated he didn't want this drama to become, came true :lol )
That is so true it's not even funny.

Hello everybody. I didn't want to say anything until after I've seen the episode, and after I saw it, all enthusiasm and desire to talk about this mess left me faster than beer draining from a bong. Still, it would be impolite for me to abruptly drop out of the conversation. I've met some really nice people on this thread, and in the end that's the only good thing I'm taking away from all this. Who'd a thunk ya could make so many friends at a trainwreck? I feel deeply disappointed, but not really for me. The folks here, specially those devoted Yamapi fangirls, deserve so much better than this tripe. I was looking forward to celebrating the unveiling of a masterwork with you, but that will have to come another day.

I need time to organize my thoughts and to cool down a little bit. I did type out a rant right after I read graymouse's live coverage, but I pulled it back at the last second. I have it saved and I will post it when I can finally look back and laugh at it. I'm not there yet though.

For now, let me get these random ideas out:
Sakurachan, I'm sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. In Japan the divorce rate is not yet as high as it is here in the U.S., but if more garbage like this filters into their popular culture, they will eventually catch up. Here in the U.S., the reality is grim: Exactly half of all marriages end in divorce, so you have, at best, a 50/50 chance of making it work. Guys, if you sincerely want a girl to be happy in her marriage, keep any residual feelings you may have for her to yourself. The day to day burdens of marriage will impose a lot of stress on her union with her husband, and the knowledge that another man out there likes her does nothing but augment an already heavy load on their relationship. And girls, if you are not sure about your feelings, then DON'T SAY "I DO." Take your marital vows seriously. They aren't ordinary words. Call me old-fashioned for thinking this way, but I am a hopeless romantic, and the only way the concept behind the classic line "and they lived happily ever after" can work is if we preserve a sense of finality and permanence in our relationships upon which we can depend.

As a man, I don't buy any of that "I'll just share my feelings and then quit" crap. Any kind of confession is an act of courtship. Why else would a guy want a girl to know how he feels? And if he does it at any time after the vows, then he is making a play for someone else's wife and is just begging her husband for a fight. What got my goat was the clapping that Ken received from the guests, which sort of implies societal approval for his bush-league move. If I were Tada I would be more humiliated by the clapping than being deserted by Rei. Worse still, the fairy sends Rei off with the message that, yes, you are married at this point, but the possibilities are still endless if you open your heart to them. :O O.M.F.G. In a Catholic church no less! If this does not imply an endorsement of divorce by the allmighty then I don't know jack about symbolism. This kind of bullsh*t message is the last thing this show's young audience needs to hear.
I have other thoughts on the stylistic side of things which I will share later.

kassandora

Post by kassandora » Jun 26th, '07, 18:09

This last episode was great but the way it ends is suck at all.All people really want to see Rei and Kenzo get together but ermm.. all you guyz have said it.

3 YEARS ago, I signed up this forum because I really needed someone to reseed "LAST CHRISMAS" and after that, I didn't make any post here.But now, after 3 years, I've made a few comment because I really love this "Propose Daisakusen".
When I checked @ dramawiki, I just realized that the director of LAST CHRISMAS and PROPOSE DAISAKUSEN is the same person Narita Takeshi..Wow.. A big suprise for myself.

sakurachan

Post by sakurachan » Jun 26th, '07, 18:34

joeboygo wrote: Sakurachan, I'm sorry, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.
In Japan the divorce rate is not yet as high as it is here in the U.S., but if more garbage like this filters into their popular culture, they will eventually catch up. Here in the U.S., the reality is grim: Exactly half of all marriages end in divorce, so you have, at best, a 50/50 chance of making it work. Guys, if you sincerely want a girl to be happy in her marriage, keep any residual feelings you may have for her to yourself. The day to day burdens of marriage will impose a lot of stress on her union with her husband, and the knowledge that another man out there likes her does nothing but augment an already heavy load on their relationship. And girls, if you are not sure about your feelings, then DON'T SAY "I DO." Take your marital vows seriously. They aren't ordinary words. Call me old-fashioned for thinking this way, but I am a hopeless romantic, and the only way the concept behind the classic line "and they lived happily ever after" can work is if we preserve a sense of finality and permanence in our relationships upon which we can depend.

As a man, I don't buy any of that "I'll just share my feelings and then quit" crap. Any kind of confession is an act of courtship. Why else would a guy want a girl to know how he feels? And if he does it at any time after the vows, then he is making a play for someone else's wife and is just begging her husband for a fight. What got my goat was the clapping that Ken received from the guests, which sort of implies societal approval for his bush-league move. If I were Tada I would be more humiliated by the clapping than being deserted by Rei. Worse still, the fairy sends Rei off with the message that, yes, you are married at this point, but the possibilities are still endless if you open your heart to them. :O O.M.F.G. In a Catholic church no less! If this does not imply an endorsement of divorce by the allmighty then I don't know jack about symbolism. This kind of bullsh*t message is the last thing this show's young audience needs to hear.
You have to understand: this is a romantic show made for TV. It has to be about that 1-in-a-million scenario. Surely, I agree with you that as a general advise a man should not confess his love during his lost love's wedding. But just as surely there are exceptional scenario (even in real life!) where that general advise does not applied. And this show is about that exception.

Surely you do not think Rei's marriage with Tada is out of love. Wouldn't you think she will live happier in love with Kenzou rather than in obligation with Tada? What Rei and Kenzou share is something very deep and unique; Rei had said that their experience together defines who both of them are. Their lives had long since been tangled intimately so that to be teared apart would bring about the deep regrets that Ken felt throughout the series and that Rei had just realized. This is indeed something very special.

Now, had this show been about the other 999,999 of a million scenario, then it wouldn't be interesting to watch to begin with.

Furthermore, Tada's ``bet'' with Rei really tested her real feeling. Had she really made up her mind to love and cherish Tada as long as she lives, she would not even take upon his bet and choose. So, the moment she decided to choose, Tada already knew she is leaving him. This is probably why he had buttons in both hands: it wasn't going to be by chance that would dictate her future; it would by her own decision. And what a man he is to let her go. So, just like you had said, if the girl is not sure about her marriage vow, then she should not marry him, right? Doesn't that say she's doing the right thing then?

You have said you're a ``hopeless romantic.'' So, this show had just delivered for you a miracle of love. Loosen-up and cheer for that 1-in-a-million scenario. :)
joeboygo wrote: I have other thoughts on the stylistic side of things which I will share later.
Would love to hear it. :)

aatm

Post by aatm » Jun 26th, '07, 18:50

sakurachan wrote:
joeboygo wrote: I have other thoughts on the stylistic side of things which I will share later.
Would love to hear it. :)
boku mo :D

I felt the same way that joeboygo felt after watching the last episode...kinda like Ralphie from The Christmas Story and the Little Orphen Annie Message scene. =)
have we determined though, whether or not they are married or if it actually some sort of pre-ceremony thing? the latter seems hard to believe, but of course, i don't know since my knowledge of japanese is :crazy: but while not by much, it would soften the blow just slightly than if they were good done and married.

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jun 26th, '07, 19:06

About the ending.
I still think the whole show was about Ken's journy in opening the door of miracles, otherwise the fairy wouldn't have opened the first episode with that and Rei going through the door at the end. In my eyes, the show ended when Ken opened the door of miracles. I feel it is implied that they will get married and everything will fall in place after the door had been opened. I kind of was hoping for them to get married in the last episode, but I understand why they couldn't do that, since for them to get married, it would be too soon. It is impossible for the writer to please everyone. For instance, if they did get a fairy tale ending, people would call it too cheesy or something of that nature. The other characters really weren't changed at all in the past couple of episodes, so I felt there was no reason to show them any further. I think the main goal of the story was Ken's attempt in opening the door of miracles. I don't think anyone could change my opinion. I know I'm right, lo (At least in my eyes)l. However, there are many different right answers. Many shows end there show this way, like the Soprano's even though i didn't watch it. I felt that it pretty much ended, and you knew that they would be together. He stopped the wedding and she ran after him. She would eventually find him, even if it took a couple of days, unless he dies or something. You don't need them to explain what happened, no one would care to watch them just apoligize. In my eyes, nothing else really mattered once the door of miracles had been opened.

bourbon_deka

Post by bourbon_deka » Jun 26th, '07, 19:48

sakurachan wrote:
Regarding the ending,

I really like your analysis about what Ken and Rei realized. And I also liked the ending -- it was very appropriate. I thought it was really moving when at the church
the fairy starts by telling Rei there was a guy who tried to change the past to open the door of miracle -- basically telling her about Ken. I wonder if she caught on. And I liked how she went on to open her own door, and also the last scene before the song started. Ken made his peace, the rest is up to Rei.
As for whether Ken really went back to wedding or a pre-ceremony
the story recap on the official website said, Ken told Rei he loved her, but だが…だが、すでに礼は多田との式の最中。 -- "but it was already the middle of Rei and Tada's ceremony." So I think this means it was at the official ceremony. And that would make explain why Ken is so broken up after the speech. However, whether Rei and Tada-san are officially married or not is not clear -- since in Japan a marriage is made official by submitting the marriage form. But most couples do it before the ceremony? And are there any provisions for a cancellation like an annulment? In any case, after the speech, Rei looked at the pictures in a new light, seeing how in all of them what Ken did for her. I liked that.

daisukides

Post by daisukides » Jun 26th, '07, 20:04

I agree with you fastat3m,
it really was about opening the door to a thousand miracles or whatever the yousei said.

What I really loved about this episode is that all three of them grew, they all came to an understanding about themselves, they all made a conscious choice, and they all acted on that choice. Ken finally realised that he has to act in the now and not in the past. He has to change himself and not the past. He chose to confess to Rei, and then step back and leave her to Tada. Tada realised Rei can never truely love him until she clarifies her feelings for Ken. He chose to let Rei go, to let her choose for herself. He realised that she needed that from him. And Rei finally realised that she was the one who needed to change (or something like that., wish I knew what she really said in that inner monolog.) And the she decides to run after Kenzou, what a nice turnaround! :lol

Darn, wish I was more eloquent...
edit: Glad I'm not the only one who liked the ending :-)

myunoyume

Post by myunoyume » Jun 26th, '07, 20:13

I just finished to watch the last ep (even without subs) and definitly.....

the clue of Prodai is during the last speech of Ken ! Everything is said and shown.... just look at Rei's and Ken's faces... even Rei's parents.... everything is clear.... Ken did it... he changed the past... now he can starts a new future with Rei and can continue to stay beside her as always...... so I consider this is a good ending fair enough. We, occidental people are too much used to see kisses and big Hug, but love it is not always demonstrated like that... I feel it is really much romantic to hear Rei screaming Kenzo at the end and to see Ken's smile.... that's what we have to learn from Drama in general and Japanese culture... Love can be expressed by different ways.... but truly, you can feel the LOVE between them during the speech.... this moment is tremendous.... gorgeous.... Prodai :wub: I love you.... :)