[Discussion] Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
tarumpaw

Post by tarumpaw » Apr 3rd, '08, 19:24

Softsub is out for those who didn't check.

The wait was definitely worth it. I loved the SP.

Rzarekt

Post by Rzarekt » Apr 4th, '08, 11:09

jeanzaddict wrote:@ Rzarekt : thx a loooooooottt ;)

love song fansub is working hard on ProDai SP, i think :D. i just checked love song fansub wiki and the result is...
Propose Daisakusen SP
Quality Check 1 of 3 Completed, fine-tuning text styles, re-coding insert songs
YAIYY!!

woo thanks for the subs
hey did i do sumfink lol ur thankin me nd i dont noe why lol

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Apr 4th, '08, 11:34

so i just watched it and here is my humble opinion:
it was quite lovely, ne? the kiss at the end almost ruined the whole thing for me! i mean, is KimuTaku the only Johnny who knows how to kiss?
but besides that, it was adorable and sweet. is it just me or were they kinda making fun of the themes from the first one? like the running and the 'nooooooooooooooooooooo'ing? seriously, why did he yell 'no' every time? and he was always running for something. it was nice that they addressed that, i guess. it was very well done and the music fit it great and it was nice that they used the same music as before since it'll remind everyone of how they felt watching it the first time like how Ken feels thinking about the previous year. but he totally didn't speak English enough! the one word he did say, 'Sorry', was so cute tho! and you could tell he had fun with the Halleluah Chances. i think they put in the second one just so there'd be another one. and the proposal was so sweet. the shoe thing was adorable as was the ring dealy.
my only other complaint is a totally anal OCD one, but here it is anyway: when they're at her parents' house, she had guest slippers on as well. it was implied that she lived there, so she should have her own slippers, ne? but i loved that scene. when Ken stood up to walk away, i had turned away, so when the dad yelled, it scared the crap out of me. all in all it was very good and i'm gonna watch it again when Love Song is done!
that was a pretty long review...but if you don't want to read the spoilers if you haven't seen it, i'll just say that it was quite good and that you should totally watch it. Pi looked amazing and it even had flashbacks to the hotter scenes from the series (ie ruuning and tank tops and tank top clad running).

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 4th, '08, 17:36

haha damn cant wait for lovesong hardsub, so I decided to quickly grab the raw and the soft sub (thankfully the file was attained rather quickly).

Here's my thoughts;
It was all and all a really good sp, it connects every missing moments that you went "huh what happened to that wedding ring part" and every thing else. Now everything is tied up neatly and Tsuru and Eri's story was a real eye opener for the always confuzzled and bemused Ken.

Thanks to them he's grown a third ball (testicle) and finally proposed.

Scenic scene with melancholic heart warming moment filled with the much loved humor of the original ProDai series. Instant favourite SP in a long while.
I can finally hit the nail in the coffin for ProDai, thank god for the SP.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Apr 4th, '08, 19:01

saki-chan wrote:so i just watched it and here is my humble opinion:
it was quite lovely, ne? the kiss at the end almost ruined the whole thing for me! i mean, is KimuTaku the only Johnny who knows how to kiss?
Completely Agreed. although Matsumoto Jun isn't bad. I imagine Yamapi to be a good kisser, but he never gets to show us. I loved the SP. The white jacket on Pi was just so hot.

pet family

Post by pet family » Apr 4th, '08, 19:26

completly agree with every one..
this is a very good SP and so much worth it to watch..

everything that hasn't explained on the series are explained well in the SP..

I Love everything..

I LOVE THIS DRAMA :D

epi

Post by epi » Apr 4th, '08, 19:44

ahhh ... why am i sooo busy???!!!! :cussing:
i need to finish the series .. i was waiting to finish the series so that i can watch it at one go with the SP, considering how unsatisfactory the ending is for the series
and reading all these comments it looks like everybody agree that it's a wonderful SP
so hopefully i'll get to watch it soon ...

Rzarekt

Post by Rzarekt » Apr 5th, '08, 03:30

yup the special was awesome!! much better than I thought it would be, loved it.
The story now feels complete ^^

psych0chic27

Post by psych0chic27 » Apr 5th, '08, 13:07

finally got to watch it! awesome sp! i loved how they finally made you feel that the story is finally complete (hated the ending on the series.. :P ) it makes me want to watch the original series and then rewatch the sp again.. :D

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Apr 6th, '08, 07:04

Good SP.
The drama ended quite abruptly so a special was a must.
This special definitely fulfilled what everybody probably wanted to really happen in the end.
The SP was the same format as the drama.. so if you liked the drama, you'll like the sp. :thumleft:

1aco

Post by 1aco » Apr 6th, '08, 20:46

The sp was really good...

....Spoiler......

But I didn't fell the love in the last scene where they kiss... A granny kisss..LOL

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Apr 6th, '08, 23:27

I read from http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Love_Song that the hardsubbed version will be released on April 8/9 ^^x)

kiwizm

Post by kiwizm » Apr 7th, '08, 11:31

crappy SP... so slooowww and so not funny
the whole drama was way better

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Apr 8th, '08, 05:28

Great SP with a good ending. Good to see the ring in the TV Drama play a role in the SP. Reaon I love this series is because I find it so well written and well acted. Like in that one scene with Ken running it showed him being overwhelm with all the stuff that has happened in his life with Rei and how much he did he's best to pursue Rei in all of those flashback scenes that was shown to us. Tomohisa did a great job showing his feelings their must have been difficult doing that while running, dude can act!

Things that make the series stand out from the rest is the stuff like showing Ken's guilt with Tada and both Ken's and Rei's guilt that they put on her parents most other series would just ignore that sort of stuff because it would be too difficult to go into but this series didn't shy away from doing that. The writers didn't forget stuff like Ken's friend Mikio remembering that Ken is able to go back into the past, Mikio still dealing with his girlfriend and showing scenes as to how Eri came to love Tsuru. The actors in the series have a great chemistry making us believe that the characters are best friends with each other and that they care for each other. The scenes between Rei and Eri caring for each oher like how true friends would do. Love how they treat Tsuru and his teasing with Ken heh, again another sign of close friendship.

Definitely one of my favorite series of all J-drama series that I've watch over the years.

karz000

Post by karz000 » Apr 12th, '08, 08:11

hahah.. i loooveee the sp! good one.
now im waiting for the wedding. hahaha.

vampirehunter-d

Thankyou frowndog for the translation !

Post by vampirehunter-d » Apr 13th, '08, 05:32

I really,really loved watching this Special of Proposal Daisakusen.

I want to thankyou ' Frowndog ' for the translations and anybody else who helped out, you are a champion and you made someone very,very happy !!

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Apr 16th, '08, 00:29

haha! I watched ProDai SP a few days ago.

Here's my thoughts:
I liked how they continued right from the ending of the last episode. Some dramas don't do that. but anyways, It was really sweet and cute; those two. x] When I noticed it was filmed in Hawaii. I thought YamaPi would be speaking English. but NOO. He only said "sorry" T__T; and saying "Hallelujah Chance!" in English is pretty similar. x]
I was really excited that Ken woke up late and was running again. I THOUGHT HE was getting married but no. it was Tsuru and Eri. I THOUGHT "oh.. it's not about Ken and Rei. cause I wanted to see more of them. but it was alright. a side story about Tsuru and Eri's marriage. :] By the end, where they find out what Tsuru was up to. It was REALLY sweet what Tsuru was doing. It made me cry a little. Tsuru is so cool. x]. omg. The ending was soooooooooo nicee!! I love Ken. he's too awesome! I want to see their wedding!! And for some odd reason. When YamaPi was driving, I thought he looked so hot like that for an odd reason but he looks hot anywhere. xD
IT WAS A GREAT SP! ^_____^

djre

Post by djre » Apr 16th, '08, 04:05

hey guys. does anyone here still have the torrent for the raw of episode 5 (704x396) ?

please seed more for those of us who still haven't finished the series. im stuck at 45.7%. we are still 14 people downloading. please. if it means anything to you, you have my word that i will continue to seed until i have at least 2.5 ratio or if there is at least 10 people downloading it.

thanks in advance.

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Apr 16th, '08, 04:42

yah I totally agree with you xstarl1ght, yamapi was hot while driving!! :wub:
(anyway he's hot allways :mrgreen: )

does anyone knows what did they write at the ending??? :scratch:
don't tell me another "thank you for watching">>>I gotta improve my japanese :unsure:

Shukun

Post by Shukun » Apr 16th, '08, 07:45

Great series and special, one of the best romance dramas ever. I even made a video as a tribute to Rei & Kenzou, hope you guys enjoy it.

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Apr 16th, '08, 21:37

ProDai SP is worth the wait! I like the ending, it's so cute! :wub:

**Mejoka**

Post by **Mejoka** » Apr 16th, '08, 23:41

yup it was so cute!! :-)

though I wanna see more of yamapi... :-(

crim009

Post by crim009 » Apr 17th, '08, 05:06

Just finished watching this whole series in like 2 days lol...absolutely loved it. Gotta be one of the better comedic romance drama in awhile. I love masami's performance in this...she is so adorable! I've only seen her in Dragon zakura and this, can anyone recommend another drama with her in it with a great performance?? Need more Masamiiii <3

kennethzzz

Post by kennethzzz » Apr 21st, '08, 14:59

Actually just finished download and watch the special today. Omg, i just got addicted to the series again! After a period of cooling off since when the original drama series ended, now the whole feel just came back. I guess i have to rewatch everything again starting from the main series. Just can't get enough of it! :wub:
**Mejoka** wrote:does anyone knows what did they write at the ending??? :scratch:
don't tell me another "thank you for watching">>>I gotta improve my japanese :unsure:
It wrote 'This drama is fiction.'

jeanzaddict

Post by jeanzaddict » Apr 21st, '08, 15:28

the SP for me, was somewhat satisfying and disappointing as well. i was expecting more from that, actually.
the kissing scene was so dissapointing. i thought nagasawa masami couldn't kiss guys. she just stayed flat, smilig, even tho yamapi kissed her. but when i watched last friends, she kissed nishikido ryo (i mean, she really kissed him). she could have kissed better in prodai SP :P

Takuya-kun

Post by Takuya-kun » May 1st, '08, 16:15

jeanzaddict wrote:
the kissing scene was so dissapointing. i thought nagasawa masami couldn't kiss guys. she just stayed flat, smilig, even tho yamapi kissed her. but when i watched last friends, she kissed nishikido ryo (i mean, she really kissed him). she could have kissed better in prodai SP :P
Gah, I know what you mean. That's exactly what I thought when I was watching it. >_> Masami was unbelievably cute in that last scene, and a proper kiss would've made it perfect.

This is my favorite drama ever! I've seen it twice...the ending honestly had me worried. I was even worried the SP would have a similar ending...but thank goodness. xD

talongero

Post by talongero » May 5th, '08, 15:14

Iwase Ken BAKA! Historic BAKA! hahaha i love this series but i hated it first! At the first few episodes (or almost all episodes except at ep11) ive been punching the wall next to me every time Ken is being BAKA! man thats freaking annoying time! wasted so many Hallelujah Chances! BUT the ending are worth the wait definitely the best episode and one of the best ending ever! The confession made him the Man of all men! I hate that part coz it made me cry like a little girl! T_T love the couple! Im so love this drama and i decided to make a tribute to Ken and Rei. And made this music video. Check it out!

And my thoughts to the SP heheh quite touching and yet less annoying! "Tsuru have a small body but he is the biggest man in the world" Ken's line hehe. Love the ending too and the Fairy really is following Ken hahah and looking forward seeing them in Spain! haha XD my music video for the SP will be up in the few days =D

leenzy

Post by leenzy » May 23rd, '08, 12:27

huh, i juz finished Proposal Daisakusen + SP..it was Really Romantic!!.:wub: :wub: :wub: .eheh, even though the 1st until 5th (if i'm not mistaken), was BORING!!!..at last it show an interesting scene...i mean how Yamapi try harder to propose n tell Rei bout his feeling...erm..not bad. :thumright: .the drama was so touching!!..i'm crying when Yamapi (KenZou) told his feeling on the wedding ceremony and Tada-san was very kind :thumright: !!...and the SP version was GREAT!!...YAMAPI was GREAT!!..ehehe...i like him since Kurosagi + Nobuta wo Produce..HE WAS COOL!!!.. i like when he said.." Halleluyah!!..Chance!!".. :wub: :wub: :wub:

minamichan03

Re: Thankyou frowndog for the translation !

Post by minamichan03 » May 25th, '08, 13:46

vampirehunter-d wrote:I really,really loved watching this Special of Proposal Daisakusen.

I want to thankyou ' Frowndog ' for the translations and anybody else who helped out, you are a champion and you made someone very,very happy !!
where did you watched the special of this drama??

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 31st, '08, 08:57

crim009 wrote:JI love masami's performance in this...she is so adorable! I've only seen her in Dragon zakura and this, can anyone recommend another drama with her in it with a great performance?? Need more Masamiiii <3
maybe u should watch Last Friends. There are Nagasawa Masami, Ueno Juri, Eita, Mizukawa Asami, Nishikido Ryo, and others.. Their acting is sooo great, especially Ueno Juri~!! :wub: :wub:
you should try it, it's now becoming my FAVOURITE JDRAMA EVER~!!! :w00t: :w00t:

nelo

Post by nelo » May 31st, '08, 18:20

everyone are enjoying,

me too! i just watch the series+sp (straight) just a week ago

i thought it was boring, BUT it was not :-)

i will recommend this to my friends from now on :lol

after watching it make me feel like doing a vexel-art :roll

suparstarx

Post by suparstarx » Jun 11th, '08, 17:49

Just finished watching the entire series + sp in under two days.

So smitten by Masami Nagasawa! :wub:

Was looking on YouTube and she's in some movie called Last Princess? Anybody got more info on that by any chance?

anth

Post by anth » Jun 13th, '08, 03:42

I loved the show. At first it didn't seem all that special, but after the second episode I was surprised to notice that I wanted to know what would happen next. I guess it grew on me.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can download the Prodai off shots? Someone uploaded them months ago but that link is dead. If you guys don't know what I'm talking about here it is.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... -shots_fun

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Jun 14th, '08, 16:01

Proposal Daisakusen will be air in my country (malaysia television) starting 15 june 2008 on Sunday at 3.00 pm.. and it will be tomorrow !!! :wub:

it's mean I can see yamapi in my television..huhuhu

yamapi face in malaysia TV..YAY :cheers:

jhepoyski

Post by jhepoyski » Jun 15th, '08, 02:23

this was a very nice series... just finished it watching last week and i think i wanna watch it again.. lol...

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jun 17th, '08, 09:01

Overall, I didn't find Proposal Daisakusen my cup of tea. am i the only one here? O_o;
The theme of travelling back in time to do things a different way indeed appeals.
but a few episodes and i find myself just going on for the sake of finishing what i started watching. perhaps a few factors such as the s...l...ow pace and the cast. Yamapi's acting was so-so.

morimoli

Post by morimoli » Jun 28th, '08, 05:53

I just watched the final episode of this, but have yet to watch the special.
I loved this drama, but it was difficult to watch (in a good way) sometimes just because of all the things that went wrong!
I'm hoping the special gives us some "fan service" for making everything so frustrating all the time----I just want them to be together, not be given a hint in the last 3 seconds that they might be together!! I liked the ending, but I want more. I figure there HAS to be some sort of explanation in the special of what really happens to them, they can't build something up for 11 episodes and then just leave you there! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I really hope it's all resolved.
If not, I'll still love this drama. Yamapi :wub:

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jun 28th, '08, 08:55

morimoli wrote:I just watched the final episode of this, but have yet to watch the special.
I loved this drama, but it was difficult to watch (in a good way) sometimes just because of all the things that went wrong!
I'm hoping the special gives us some "fan service" for making everything so frustrating all the time----I just want them to be together, not be given a hint in the last 3 seconds that they might be together!! I liked the ending, but I want more. I figure there HAS to be some sort of explanation in the special of what really happens to them, they can't build something up for 11 episodes and then just leave you there! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I really hope it's all resolved.
well that's what the special was for.. to make the fans happy. :-)

locmafia

Post by locmafia » Jun 30th, '08, 15:27

I liked this drama so much,it's good and make me cry in sometime. I hope Ken and Rei will be happy together.
To Bogchi: the special ep is about one year later. Tsuru marry Eri but she don't appear at the ceremony so Ken return to the past again to solve the problem.
Sorry if I spell it wrong,I'm not so good at English

aznanimedude

Post by aznanimedude » Jun 30th, '08, 16:16

no spoilers :), there are spoiler tags for that

locmafia

Post by locmafia » Jun 30th, '08, 17:07

Sorry,I just get the meaning of spoler

alysha

Post by alysha » Jul 19th, '08, 12:08

I absolutely love Proposal Daisakusen!!!!.
Not only is it quite funny, its also quite touching.
I can't stop watching it over and over again!.

But i can't help wonder if there will be another Special in the making??
I can't read japanese, however i noticed the other day something on the official website which read "special 2".

AND For those who have watched the special, they may also know what i'm talking about here in my spoiler comments:
After Ken-zou returns from his flashback and the fairy reappears, he mentions that their next meeting is in Spain And then goes to say that he should get married in Spain.
So having said that........is that an indication that there will be a "Special 2"....
I hope there is more to come!

eilla

Post by eilla » Jul 19th, '08, 13:54

Hm, Am I really the only one who don't exactly understand what really happend? I mean I am really happy that they Ken and Rei are togheter. But, I was just wondering, she got married to the sensei or not? She ran after the ceremony in the church so in the end she was his wife for short time, didn't sie? And the two of them had to divorce!

locmafia

Post by locmafia » Jul 22nd, '08, 11:48

To eilla: just see the special ep and u will understand,this isn't spoiler right

fastat3m

Post by fastat3m » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:39

eilla wrote:Hm, Am I really the only one who don't exactly understand what really happend? I mean I am really happy that they Ken and Rei are togheter. But, I was just wondering, she got married to the sensei or not? She ran after the ceremony in the church so in the end she was his wife for short time, didn't sie? And the two of them had to divorce!
You don't have to get a divorce if you never turn in the paperwork for the marriage, which wouldn't have happened after that wedding.

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Sep 5th, '08, 04:51

to tell you the truth, i didn't really like this series. i thought it was one of yamapi's worst drama's the other being stand up.

Not_Priority

Post by Not_Priority » Sep 8th, '08, 22:21

i cant feel the path ...... kinda lost to me though :(

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Sep 9th, '08, 02:00

Shindo Hikaru wrote:to tell you the truth, i didn't really like this series. i thought it was one of yamapi's worst drama's the other being stand up.
LOL!! dont worry, you're not the only one....~!!
but for people who can really really relate to this, or can actaully stand the slow-ness of Kenzou, the drama is actaully very good :mrgreen: :lol

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Sep 10th, '08, 03:00

actually i do think PD is a very good drama - plot and casts are fantastic but just that the story develop at such a slow pace something you get so frustated...but i guessed that's part of Kenzo's characteristic. overall, i think it's a very good show because of the plot and moral behind the drama. wonderful.

Kaijin

Kibou (arranged)

Post by Kaijin » Dec 23rd, '08, 07:13

Probably late to the party with this, but I banged this out in a few hours, so don't judge too harshly. :)

I loved the music from this show a lot, enough to arrange one of the themes a little bit.

Kibou (arranged)

I'm not a great musician or composer by any means, but I do hope you enjoy it.

ssih

Post by ssih » Dec 27th, '08, 10:41

I wanted to like this, but I found that after a couple of episodes, it became repetitious and an effort in frustration. Ok - Ken can't express his feelings when he's with Rei. I get it. I would like to have seen some additional plot development other than the endless scenes of Ken standing around looking morose.

karz000

Post by karz000 » Dec 29th, '08, 22:14

you guys didn't like the drama?.. I thought it was pretty good. I've watched a couple of jdramas and so far the really good ones that I really liked was this series, which is Prodai, and the HYD series, and maybe First Kiss. They just kind of make sense and not super cheesy and they dont have a weak plotline. But the other dramas was just funny to watch but the plot was just wasn't good. Unlike this one, where it's kind of funny and at the same time, I like the plot.

Well what I liked about this drama is its plot. I kind of like the idea how he goes back in time. but it's true that he fails most of the time, but atleast, he has changed something. And that's the point. He can't just succeed in the first time. It's a working progress too, cause at least he changes things bit by bit as he goes back to time, cause if he succeed like all fast, there's no more story, and the thing is, he goes back in time to realize the mistakes that he've done, that's why he was able to say it at the end, and at the present time.

I love how yamapi is all cold. and i like how kenzou and rei always gets into arguments. Idk. I find it sweet. hahah.

I also love their frienship. Like their group bonding. I envy it a lot. I wanna have friends like those and just hang out in a single place like after school and whatever

Anyway, I thought it's one of the best dramas out there.. and that's never gonna change at all.

makuii

Post by makuii » Jan 15th, '09, 09:14

Apart from this drama being soo repetitive and episodic, the thing that really made it watchable with this drama was the plot...
The fact that Ken basically redoes an entire lifetime to win Rei, but the fruits of his hard work? We only see a thirty minute sequence in which Rei FINALLY realises that Ken loves him (and Tada-san was totally wrong in the first place) ...that kinda pissed me off- Ken does soo much- but Rei will never know...

zzzzzzzzzzzy

Post by zzzzzzzzzzzy » Jan 16th, '09, 17:35

owh this drama is really great haha, felt ashame for watching it this late...
btw makuii have u watched the special ep??

ssih

Post by ssih » Feb 10th, '09, 20:10

There is a Canadian show currently running called "Being Erica". The main character is this girl (in her late 20s?) who has some regrets in her life. She happens upon this guy with the power to send her back in time to "right wrongs".

Sound familiar?

Every time they get to the point where he sends her back, my wife and I yell "Hallelujah, chance!!!"

freelife

Post by freelife » Mar 6th, '09, 13:10

Well, actually, the ending is pretty clear. She does go after him. And if you watch the SP, you understand everything.

The SP is really funny, Kenzou is more grown-up this time and knows what to do to make things better. And the big ring and shoes... OMG... ok, i'll stop, no more spoilers...

Generally speaking, I really enjoyed this series. I didn't think that it had a slow pace, and every time it was something different, so I didn't think it was repetitive. The plot is really different and interesting :), but after all, everybody has the right of opinion...

I really liked the insert song, Chiisana Koi no Uta, and when it was first played, when Kenzou had to buy her coffee milk, my mind was filled with lots of memories and enjoyable feelings.

^^

Lance.Oo

Post by Lance.Oo » May 2nd, '09, 05:45

does anyone know how to play that thumb game in the episode where the group spends at the mall? when they're trying to decide who gets the last takoyaki.

sorry if this has been answered already

ika-chan

Very nice drama!!

Post by ika-chan » May 6th, '09, 01:43

Hi there,

I crashed the Horikita Maki forum sometime ago, and now I've come here.
I just finished ProDai + SP last night and I have to say I LOVE IT!!!

It is the most enjoyable and satisfying love story that I have watched...
I mean I liked the ending the most. I like the interactions and the characters -- I love the emphasis on weddings, the love was innocent and deep and really tangible.

Tons of things I liked about this drama -
yes I agree with some of you, that it was getting repetitious half way through where I really felt like slapping Ken and say, "confess already!!!!!"
But it was intended that way - I thought the plot and story was so masterfully written. The ending was the best, the SP was the best :)

I liked the conflict set up in the story - best childhood friends, have a barrier to say these words, how ironic because the love they have for each others are deeper than anyone else's, but yet they cannot utter those words.

I liked the mutuality in the end - where not only Ken, but Rei shows a change in character, both of them broke out of their shells.

I loved how the SP portrayed - a realism, you can't just crash a wedding like that, steal the bride and go happily ever after without consequences! It was very real, their conflict of being afraid to talk about weddings.

Loved the main actor and actress - yamapi and nagasawa masami. I thought both of them were adorable and really good looking - I just loved them.

@ the thumb game: I'm not sure, but it looks like everyone holds their hands out, and when a person says a number, people decides to hold their thumbs up or don't hold - and if the number of thumbs up is equal to the number you shouted out, then you win!!
So in the end, Mikio said ZERO! , and nobody held their thumbs out - so he won.

I loved the ending, and the insert song too ---
If anyone wants a recommendation for a love story - I would definitely recommend this first.

I haven't watched HYD though...quite put off with the TW version.

Been getting into jdramas lately. After watching: DenshaOtoko, Nodame, Nobuta, HanaKimi, Kurosagi, ProDai ----

I would have to say ProDai has the best ending of them all - it left me with the greatest closure, and satisfaction of them alllll. I was really happy with that, and for this I give it really high points and commendation. It probably is my most favourite drama now...

I wasn't happy with Nobuta ending at all,
HanaKimi ending was OK - but SP sucked bad
Kurosagi ending was ok...but short, the Movie was ??SDF?@!@#% - no Tsurara x Kursaki at all
Prodai ending+SP --- A+++++++!!!!

Cheers!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » May 7th, '09, 03:10

@ika-chan: I'm like you, I just finished watching this yesterday and can't believe I missed it. It's become one of my favorites because of the reasons you pretty much summarized. The story is well written and the acting is very good. The ending is very very satisfying. YES WATCH THE SP, because the ending of the series is obviously a cliffhanger to prepare you for an SP.

As for HYD, I highly recommend watching it too. Don't get put off by the TW drama (hated it to no end so please just forget about that one!!). Do watch HYD S1, S2, 2 SPs and Final Movie (so many because the story is soooooo good). And if you still aren't tired with the story, go watch the Korean version of HYD called Boys Over Flowers, which recently came out this year.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy » May 14th, '09, 19:20

The episodes were not really repetitive. The director actually fell apart before the last episode. He failed to clearly tell the story. Near the end, it really wasn't about the guy anymore. He wasn't repeating the same mistakes. Near the end, it was about the feelings of the girl but it wasn't clear to the audience because we see the main character all the time. However, at the last episode, we finally were able to see the feelings of the girl and what she felt. Even her feelings wasn't very crystal clear also.

This wasn't very clear until the end where we got the word by word dialogue. We had to read between the lines based on her character.
Before the last episode, the girl obviously gave up on the guy for the pure reason that she doesn't know what he feels. To her, he was always being silly, absent minded and always joking around. It's the guy's fault also cause he can't clearly tell his feelings to the girl so the girl can't really tell whether he is being serious or not on those few moments. So it's not really that the guy doesn't understand, it is the girl who doesn't understand. It was clear that it was her fault and her lack of character also which is why they couldn't be together in the last episode.

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Aug 14th, '09, 16:35

I'm glad we're not the only ones who found this utterly frustrating. True there's a moral to the story but we kinda already got that the first time the fairy made his admonition speech so the next 10 episodes was just mind-numbing torture. Every time Kenzou returned to the present to see Tada-san and Rei sitting together we screamed "Noooooo".

I've only seen Yamashita Tomohisa in Stand Up and in PD so you could just imagine my impression of his acting. I feel he's a bit too self-conscious in both series, more so here than in SU. It's like he's only phoning in his performance. I've seen him sing and dance -- he's more sympathetic doing that.

I'm guessing it has to do with the comings and goings of legalities in Japan, so Rei and Tada-san weren't actually married yet when Rei ran off with Kenzou. In the western world, owing to Christian tradition, the contract is sealed when the parties recite their vows to each other and the minister declares them married. However, in Japan, it's the filing of the the marriage certificate that actually seals the deal. Everything else that comes before that is just a prolonged, complicated version of a wedding march. This makes for a very confusing series ending. It would've been better if the fairy just brought Rei back to the time when Eri gave her Kenzou's engagement ring then a flash forward to the two of them sitting as bride and groom.

konayuki92

Post by konayuki92 » Sep 21st, '09, 13:11

tunix_2008 wrote:I'm glad we're not the only ones who found this utterly frustrating. True there's a moral to the story but we kinda already got that the first time the fairy made his admonition speech so the next 10 episodes was just mind-numbing torture. Every time Kenzou returned to the present to see Tada-san and Rei sitting together we screamed "Noooooo".

I've only seen Yamashita Tomohisa in Stand Up and in PD so you could just imagine my impression of his acting. I feel he's a bit too self-conscious in both series, more so here than in SU. It's like he's only phoning in his performance. I've seen him sing and dance -- he's more sympathetic doing that.

I'm guessing it has to do with the comings and goings of legalities in Japan, so Rei and Tada-san weren't actually married yet when Rei ran off with Kenzou. In the western world, owing to Christian tradition, the contract is sealed when the parties recite their vows to each other and the minister declares them married. However, in Japan, it's the filing of the the marriage certificate that actually seals the deal. Everything else that comes before that is just a prolonged, complicated version of a wedding march. This makes for a very confusing series ending. It would've been better if the fairy just brought Rei back to the time when Eri gave her Kenzou's engagement ring then a flash forward to the two of them sitting as bride and groom.
are you sure that's how it is?? cuz i looked it up and from what i understood they don't hold the ceremony until the contract has been signed and they're legally married...

i'm just wondering about one thing, in episode 5 or 6 or something the fairy said it was the last slide and then there were like 5 more!! did i miss something?? cuz i definetly dont get it... they didnt say why or anything like that when it happened like they did with the one towards the end.???

noobee

Post by noobee » Sep 22nd, '09, 11:15

this is one of the best drama ive ever seen

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Sep 23rd, '09, 18:47

konayuki92 wrote: are you sure that's how it is?? cuz i looked it up and from what i understood they don't hold the ceremony until the contract has been signed and they're legally married...

i'm just wondering about one thing, in episode 5 or 6 or something the fairy said it was the last slide and then there were like 5 more!! did i miss something?? cuz i definetly dont get it... they didnt say why or anything like that when it happened like they did with the one towards the end.???
When Tada let Rei "run away" they where going to the room where they would sign the papers and it was after everything. There was no mention of "divorce" or annulment in the succeeding special either. However, there was a discussion about Rei marrying Ken between Rei and Eri but again no one said Rei had to divorce first.

Or maybe it's a case of jdrama legalities -- like movie physics. I saw another jdrama where the girl believed she married this man because she signed the "contract" (put her seal and everything) but it was later dispelled by the man's lawyer since apparently the man did not file the thing with the proper authorities. Actually it was just a sweet way out of the "marriage" twist because it turned out that the writers had other plans for the characters a.k.a it's a big eww-y mess if they were really married.

As to the additional pictures, they had a conversation about this topic at some point during the slide show presentation towards the end of the series. Apparently Ken was able to convince Mikio (the tall male friend who made the slide show) that he was from the future with the comments about a future baseball incident, Don't Knock New York and something some Olympian was going to say or do. Believing Ken's story, Mikio said he added pictures to help his friend out thus prolonging the agony of viewers like me. :P

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Oct 20th, '09, 18:18

PROPOSAL DAISAKUSEN, or Back to the Future: Tokyo Drift

My review:
http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2009/ ... i-tv-2007/
Last edited by Ender's Girl on Feb 19th, '10, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

miamiamiya

Post by miamiamiya » Feb 18th, '10, 15:54

Ender's Girl wrote: Anyway. Life is short, so make the most of it, and all that. Because (to recall an old movie tagline) NOTHING is ever as big as your First Love. Hallelujah, chance! :wink:
ouch. this line really is too 'touchy' for me . . :hissy:

however,,, i agree with you. such a nice review :salut:

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Feb 19th, '10, 05:25

miamiamiya wrote:
Ender's Girl wrote: Anyway. Life is short, so make the most of it, and all that. Because (to recall an old movie tagline) NOTHING is ever as big as your First Love. Hallelujah, chance! :wink:
ouch. this line really is too 'touchy' for me . . :hissy:

however,,, i agree with you. such a nice review :salut:
Thanks. :D The one you read was a rough draft, so I decided to take it out and leave the link to the revised review instead.

But yeah, like you said, the story of this drama is something many of us can relate to, ne? :P

Smittywerbenjagermanjense

Post by Smittywerbenjagermanjense » Aug 15th, '10, 22:24

so wait i don't quite get the ending part..........how was Rei able to catch up to Ken in the taxi?? did the fairy port her there??
Last edited by Smittywerbenjagermanjense on Aug 22nd, '10, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Aug 17th, '10, 09:02

^ To my recollection, Rei just hiked up her skirts and ran after Ken. No "beam me up, Fairy!!!!" hocus-pocus. :D

Smittywerbenjagermanjense

Post by Smittywerbenjagermanjense » Aug 22nd, '10, 06:55

Ender's Girl wrote:^ To my recollection, Rei just hiked up her skirts and ran after Ken. No "beam me up, Fairy!!!!" hocus-pocus. :D
wow really? kekeke damn she musta run for hella long and fast. :mrgreen:

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Aug 23rd, '10, 08:11

Smittywerbenjagermanjense wrote:
Ender's Girl wrote:^ To my recollection, Rei just hiked up her skirts and ran after Ken. No "beam me up, Fairy!!!!" hocus-pocus. :D
wow really? kekeke damn she musta run for hella long and fast. :mrgreen:
The taxi where Ken was in, ran out of gas. That´s why Rei was able to catch up with him.

yumi_isawa25

Post by yumi_isawa25 » Sep 7th, '10, 14:57

I've just finish watching this drama and its great. I just felt like I'm still looking forward if it will have a continuation...

maniami

Post by maniami » Mar 8th, '11, 23:58

yeah,,this drama very great n nice...
i hope any season 2 or SP part 2??:unsure:

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Mar 11th, '11, 23:17

It's gotta end somewhere right? LOL I think the SP was a good way to end all.. but I wouldn't mind a movie with a larger budget :)