[Discussion] Sore wa Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kurodreams

[Discussion] Sore wa Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...

Post by kurodreams » Jan 7th, '07, 17:47

Im not sure if there was already a forum started for this series, but i cant find it. if there is one, mod can move this to the correct topic xD or w.e not making sense. [YAMAPI!! is casting in this series ^^ for all of you that are yamapi fans, must watch.] It should be a pretty popular series but not many ppl have heard of it which is really saddening xD.

[img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... Sorewa.jpg[/img]
Details
Title: それは、突然、嵐のように… / Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...
Also known as: It was sudden, like a storm...
Episodes: 10
Genre: Romance
Viewership ratings: 7.3%
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2004-01-14 to 2004-03-17
Air time: Wednesday 10:00pm
Theme song: Masshiro by Oda Kazumasa

Synopsis
Kozue Ogawa (Esumi Makiko ) is a housewife and has been married to Hideo (Yanagiba Toshiro) for seven years. They don't have any children but as they live with her parents at their flower shop, everyday is still lively. She is happy with her life and her husband but she wonders if it is enough. From time to time she is gripped by this doubt that cannot raise with anyone.
Kozue starts a part-time job in the editing department of the magazine where she used to work. Her former colleague is now working hard as the editor-in-chief.
One rainy day, Kozue meets a young man. He is Takuma Fukazawa (Yamashita Tomohisa), a high school student. He seems somehow shrouded in sadness. He is a dance teacher. In the dance studio, there is just the two of them.
Takuma curls his hands around Kozue's body and his dance instruction begins. Their unexpected closeness causes Kozue to hesitate. With her heart pounding, she pushes Takuma's hands away and runs home. But the throbbing in her chest continues. It can't be. But what is this feeling?

Cast
Esumi Makiko as Ogawa Kozue
Yamashita Tomohisa as Fukazawa Takuma
Yanagiba Toshiro as Ogawa Hideo
Miyaji Mao as Hayakawa Kaori
Kimura Tae as Ueshima Yukie
Kohashi Kenji as Sugiura Katsumi
Kato Takako as Ishikura Kiyoko
Katsuji Ryo as Kase Keisuke
Yamada Yu as Usui Kana
Ayase Haruka as Makino Saho
Hamada Mari as Yoshizawa Kazumi
Washio Machiko as Shouji Kyoko
Murasugi Seminosuke as Handa Takehiko
Inoue Jun as Kusumoto Touichiro
Shirakawa Yumi as Nakamura Hanae
Ryu Raita as Nakamura Kouzou
[Info taken from: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sore_wa,_Tots ... _no_you_ni ]

oh, and does anyone no if anyones softsubbing this series or willing to? besides sars-fansub[there hardsubbing it but never finished it]

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jan 8th, '07, 12:41

SARS are still working on the series. They plan releasing new episodes soon, one or two this month even, according to the latest update on their site.

I really enjoyed the first episode, and I am very curious on how the story will progress! What are other people's opinions so far?

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Jan 8th, '07, 14:18

yeee, im happy to hear that ^^. Tho softsubs would be nice tho since i already dled all the raws and watched them that way, just wanted to get subs to clear some parts. ill wait and see.
I kinda liked the first episode, it wasnt too bad. Ogawa Kozue looked a bit wierd with that neck cast or support thingy xD. THe thing is, i dont quite like doramas with younger men liking older women that much, especially when the girl is like so much taller than the guy :roll . But i like this since yamapi is starring in it xD. Hope theres gana be a Kurosagi season 2 tho [he acted more serious in this one :whistling: ]

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 9th, '07, 18:56

how long has this drama been here and no good soul has have compassion for forgein people and release the softsubs =(
this is a yamapis drama --------_------.... cant believe it at all!! sniffffff

and sars has upload just the first episode with hardsubs ...looooooooooong loooong ago =(

one day i'll learn japanese and i will do softsub in english, espanish or french for u people and for those that have translated so many complete dramas for us! oooh yeah, i would like to show my deep gratitud to them! arigato!!!
well...i'll do it.....................
someday....

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jan 9th, '07, 19:25

an explanation on the sore wa project:
over a year ago i asked amrayu if she'd be willing to sub sore wa, she said yes, if i could find a translator...
so i found a volunteer rather quickly, but this is where the trouble began...
over 4 months this person supposedly managed to translate the first two episodes, but then disappeared without a trace and without passing on the scripts, so i was at point zero all over again...
i looked for a translator on various sites, finally raph agreed to help me out and we thought we'd get the ball rolling again...
the first episode was then released fairly quickly, but life issues made it impossible for raph to continue and the project was in limbo again...
another translator was found and then i became the problem starting a new fulltime job and being a single mother, perhaps some can understand how i wasn't able to devote a lot of time to subbing while getting into the new swing of things...
finally adjusted and with yet another new translator, mimachu, we've now been able to get a decent workload done on sore wa...
with a lot of sars pending projects having been completed now, sore wa will get its day...
up to ep 4 is translated and timed and the rest will be worked on steadily, come hell or high water, mimachu and i have become a team that works well together and we'll see this through...

what i ask is that people don't harrass the sars team for speedy releases, amrayu has more than one project to deal with...
i realize sore wa is a special long delay case, what i can promise is that sars won't abandon but finish it...

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Jan 9th, '07, 20:49

waaa, taihen ne. i could sub it myself for all fellow fans but i dont work well with softsub prgs and subbing it when adobe premiere takes oftly alot of wrk, same with WMM, or Vegas. the other thing is, the files are quite large while "NO ONE" is help seeding the files which i cant get the files ever finished.
I tried dling off of Clubbox but no one was dling it like a non active file so i couldnt even get 1kb from that. the bt file just took too long, one day only 1.2%. If i could find the direct downloads that would be helpful but i had no luck. Since if i at least had the raws(i onyl have the subbed ep1 and the raw2) i could even sub it and even watch the whole series.[had exp from anime subbing, wit couple groups]

anyone know any ddls for sore wa around here?

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Jan 9th, '07, 20:52

Thank you so much, ironicwave, for the explanation! I for one could never think of stomping my foot for a release from SARS, as I have complete faith in them :-) I have only admiration and gratefulness for the SARS team and their excellent releases: they are worth waiting for. It's great to hear you and the translator are a good team, we'll cheer you on!! :-)

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Jan 9th, '07, 21:16

thank you, Liantasse, for your understanding and support...
all of us at sars highly appreciate kind words like yours... :wub:

as for the drama discussion, as the episodes went on, i've really grown absorbed with the story and characters...
some people might find the female lead awkward, as do i actually, but i completely love her...
all i have to do is look at her face and i have to laugh, she has great comedic potential... :lol
plus, she just makes you root for her in an ungainly sorta way...
her and pi work well together, i'm liking the weird chemistry a lot...

as i haven't really watched past ep 4 and haven't seen much in the way of actual episode discussion here and don't know how far any of you have seen it, i'll hang back for now and see how the discussion develops...

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 10th, '07, 17:59

wooooooooooo, maji de??!!
sars going to release till the end this project? im so happy^^
thanks for the explanations =P
i almost though this dorama was drop ='( i was so sad for it

thank u sars!!

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Jan 10th, '07, 22:06

Ive posted the update of sars on one og the HYD2 forums but SARS said that by the end of the month or before, they''ll "prolly" have Sore wa episode 2 subbed and ready to go. And yea they were just stalling on the proj prolly loss of a translater but now it seems they've got one/found one and they'll sub it till the end unless otherwise.

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Jul 31st, '07, 20:58

i can't tell u enough how thankful i am that ur subbing this series!!!

i think this drama is really good, despite it not being a hit when it aired...i am hooked! i really like takuma's character in this drama...sometimes u don't know if he's joking or he's serious...i have a lot of favorite scenes, one with pi and the dog and the tea-flavored ice cream, also the hospital scene with him asking for a mirror...i love the interaction between takuma and kozue...and that confession!!! omg *green with envy*

i'll definitely wait no matter how long it takes :)

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 2nd, '07, 16:43

oh yeah, the nobunaga scene was awesome... :lol
takuma and kozue make such an awkward couple, i can't help but like them and hideo is so... *yawn*
saho's the one who really gets on my nerves with her bratty self and then there's the bleeding heart kaori... >_<
i'm also wondering about those suspicious emails from yuriko, somebody's got skeletons hidden in their closet... :lol

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:05

kyaaaaaa i'm gonna watch this from the beginning again! i love reliving takuma and kozue moments :P

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:22

Yeah, I'm willing to wait patiently, no matter how long it takes, too! :thumleft:

I wondered at the start of the sub-releases, why they was not such a great "hipe" around Sore wa, even with Pi in it :scratch:
And I can't really understand it til now, cause - like you said - the interacting with Takuma and Kozue really makes me want to see more.
Probably it wasn't such a hit, because - in my point of view - the story is moving 'silent'.. ahh, don't know how to describe it :crazy:

And yessss, what is this thing with Yuriko??? Totally agree, ironicwave: somebody's got skeletons hidden in their closet :thumleft:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:31

hehe, glad you guys enjoy it... it's not the most popular drama, but i'm totally into it anyway...
and yes, that confession... doki, doki... :lol
and the scene where he's driving off in the taxi by himself and turns to watch kozue... squeeee... XD :wub:

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:33

@littledraci: i know!!! i was like--'why is this drama kind of discarded?' even i found out about this drama all by myself, i never heard anyone talking about it :(

i guess the viewers didn't want to see pi in that role, also there were a lot of ppl having comments that they didn't like esumi for the role., and some ppl find the story boring..but i just love it! mainly bcoz it tackles on a less-addressed issue but does happen in reality--that stuff like this happens to married women...it's interesting to watch how kozue deals with takuma :)

and for the ppl who have not discovered ths drama, i say they're missing something, imo this is one of pi's better dramas :)

@ironicwave: there are just a lot of really cute scenes in this drama that made me love pi more :D

i'm glad that this thread is getting alive...i kinda want ppl to take interest in this drama...

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:46

i was totally surprised that
she actually hugged him back at the end of ep 6... :blink she was always soooo intent to keep her distance... i just hope she gets a little more wrapped up in the whole thing and doesn't let her common sense get the better of her... :lol i want more doki doki scenes...

and saho finally got her smackdown from takuma, yay! 8)
i have a feeling the ending isn't gonna be what i want it to be, but in the meantime, it's fun to dream... :P

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:51

Pi in this role, yes, it's definitly a different role for him then usual... for esumi, I didn't saw her in another drama before this..and til know, I really like her... her husband...is annoying with his facial expressions, even if I understand him and his little speech in the 6th episode...but.. aahh, whatever.. :lol

Thought about it and what I've seen til know with the topic of older woman <> younger man.. , not a new topic at all, that's true, but the thing, that she is married is something new, ne? Can only series like Kimi Wa Petto or Sapuri... there was another love but no married couple..

[quote=chocodreamer]there are just a lot of really cute scenes in this drama that made me love pi more [/quote] --> the scene in ep. 6, sitting in his room in the night & its raining... his happy face after Kozues call @-@
:lol

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 17:54

@ironicwave: kyaaaaaaa! i haven't seen episode 6 yet!!!

i'm still waiting for someone to upload it on crunchyroll or anywhere else bcoz i have problems with downloading stuff...

now ur making me more excited to see it!!!

i literally screamed when takuma told kozue he loves her back in episode 5! i was so wishing i was in her shoes :P

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:04

oooooh, sorry.... i thought the recent release of 6 prompted the post... my bad, i shoulda warned you... >_<

i don't suppose irc works for you? you can get ep 6 pretty fast there...

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:18

ironicwave wrote:oooooh, sorry.... i thought the recent release of 6 prompted the post... my bad, i shoulda warned you... >_<

i don't suppose irc works for you? you can get ep 6 pretty fast there...
it's ok :)

irc? haven't heard of it...must check it out :)

waaaah! can't wait to watch it!

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:23

man, i've tried to edit my last post like 3 times now, i misunderstood you, chocodreamer...
irc is just another way to download the eps and i can't upload to crunchyroll or anywhere else cause my ul speed is so pathetic... :cry:
hope someone helps you out soon... in the meantime, mimachu and i will try to be a bit quicker on the next release, i have some vacation time coming up, so cross your fingers... :lol

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:30

@ironicwave: oh, so it wouldn't help me at all...sigh, guess i have to just patiently wait for it in crunchyroll...

oh yay!!! we'll all just be waiting patiently :) thanks again for taking the time to sub this series :D

epi

Post by epi » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:23

chocodreamer wrote:@ironicwave: oh, so it wouldn't help me at all...sigh, guess i have to just patiently wait for it in crunchyroll...

oh yay!!! we'll all just be waiting patiently :) thanks again for taking the time to sub this series :D
So you can't download from anywhere, not even direct download? If you can direct download I can actually upload it for you ...

However if what you're saying is basically you can only stream then I think this is uploaded in aznv.tv, but I don't know if you'll need membership to be able to watch this ...

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 2nd, '07, 19:43

@epi: yeah, my pc is kinda inflicted with virus right now so i can't really risk downloading stuff...for now i can only watch streaming videos...actually found one in veoh but since the file is big it only provided a 5-minute preview...

only watched as far as
kozue telling takuma she is married...omg! takuma brushed it off like it was nothing!!! and kozue telling takuma that with or without him, her life wouldn't change (that made me sad)...i must see the full version ASAP!

epi

Post by epi » Aug 2nd, '07, 21:47

chocodreamer wrote:@epi: yeah, my pc is kinda inflicted with virus right now so i can't really risk downloading stuff...for now i can only watch streaming videos...actually found one in veoh but since the file is big it only provided a 5-minute preview...

only watched as far as
kozue telling takuma she is married...omg! takuma brushed it off like it was nothing!!! and kozue telling takuma that with or without him, her life wouldn't change (that made me sad)...i must see the full version ASAP!
I feel like the Yamapi character here is really really lonely ... it's like he's someone looking at the world from up above but not really in the world, often misunderstood but a lot of people want to be his friends ... Maybe that's why sometimes I think God is lonely too ... haha :lol

Anyway I'm at work now so let me see if I have a decent upload speed when I get home. If I do I'll upload it at veoh ...

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 3rd, '07, 06:27

epi wrote:
chocodreamer wrote:@epi: yeah, my pc is kinda inflicted with virus right now so i can't really risk downloading stuff...for now i can only watch streaming videos...actually found one in veoh but since the file is big it only provided a 5-minute preview...

only watched as far as
I feel like the Yamapi character here is really really lonely ... it's like he's someone looking at the world from up above but not really in the world, often misunderstood but a lot of people want to be his friends ... Maybe that's why sometimes I think God is lonely too ... haha :lol

Anyway I'm at work now so let me see if I have a decent upload speed when I get home. If I do I'll upload it at veoh ...
yeah, he's like a sad, sick, lonely boy who is looking for a mother's love (LOL)...it's like everytime i see him, i just wanna come up and comfort him or something...he just gives off this fragile image...anyways, i'm really starting to fall for takuma...

omg, can't wait to see the whole episode6...if u can upload it, i'll be so thankful :D

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Aug 3rd, '07, 07:36

EPISODE 6 IS OUT ALREADY!?!? i didn't knowwwwww! is anyone going to upload it onto a streaming site? please tell me where i can watch itt!!!!

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 3rd, '07, 08:27

cluelessyf wrote:EPISODE 6 IS OUT ALREADY!?!? i didn't knowwwwww! is anyone going to upload it onto a streaming site? please tell me where i can watch itt!!!!
it's up in veoh, but since the duration is too long (46 mins i think), they only show you the 5-minute preview and you have to download to be able to watch the whole episode...

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Aug 3rd, '07, 16:13

ohhhhh ic!!! thankssss :) i guess i have to dl it stillll haha -_-

edit: ahhhh i just watched it!!!! i loved the last scene... so sad though pi's all lonely =[ i don't like the main character that much... -___-'' can't wait for the next episode!

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Aug 5th, '07, 06:52

aaaaaaah! episode 6!!! the first and last scenes @#$%&*!!!
when kozue finally tells takuma she's married, takuma's reaction is <333...things would've been easier if she weren't married...then the hug at the end...i want a hug too! :D
does anyone know where i can download the whole (unsubbed) series (non-torrent)?

ena

Post by ena » Sep 8th, '07, 08:55

PLEASE help me to find the soundtrack? I really searched everywhere to find the songs, but nowhere!!! PLEASE, PLEASE I really want to listen to all songs in there!!!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by ena on Sep 12th, '07, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Sep 9th, '07, 21:07

haven't found a OST til now, too :-( Only the opening song *great thoug*

Was there a release? Or is it just like with the Kurosagi? No OST?

ena

Post by ena » Sep 12th, '07, 11:52

No, no, there IS soundtrack, follow this link for detailed track list:
http://www.ostlib.com/index.php?text=viewcd&id=833

Still searching, but no success!!!!!!!!!!!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Sep 12th, '07, 14:01

So there is one :blink Thanks ena for that info! :notworthy:
Now I can't wait to find it.. :mrgreen: *help searching :thumright:

chocodreamer

Post by chocodreamer » Sep 14th, '07, 19:09

OMG!!! episode 7!!!

seeing takuma all sad just breaks my heart...why does yamapi look sooo cute in this drama?

can't wait for the next episode!

err, i didn't know it has an OST...i wanna listen to it too!

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Sep 17th, '07, 02:51

Oh gosh. I've been following this drama along with SARS since the first episode release, but I haven't once come to this thread to discuss. With the ending of Episode 7, I really had to come by and share some of my thoughts and wonders.
So, from what I get in Ep. 7, Hideo is also having an affair with Yuriko? Wow. Of course this could be what they want us to think and perhaps he is just being a good friend to her. Wow. I was just devastated when the episode ended because I really want to find out what is going on. And when Takuma found out that Kaori was working to help him out, I thought that was the sweetest thing ever.
I really love the character Kaori. Does anyone else share this? :D I think she's a cute actress as well. It'll too bad she hasn't really been in much else.

uberfrau

Post by uberfrau » Sep 18th, '07, 22:19

I have to disagree about the actress who plays Kaori. She doesn't really have any chemistry with Yamashita... Although that may be intentional considering the story line so far.

I don't quite know if it is the actress or the character that I don't like. I have never seen her in anything else so it's hard for me to tell.

I am probably biased though because I really like the actress who plays Kozue. If I compare the two, I think the actress who plays Kozue is much cooler.

christinee

Post by christinee » Sep 27th, '07, 14:31

Wow, I've just finished ep 7. Really impressed at the way the story s developped. At first, I am not too much into this series, besides, I don't like the kind of relation with someone married. But slowly, it becomes more and more interesting and now, I am really hooked. Can't wait to see what happens next...

Dacktadon

Post by Dacktadon » Sep 28th, '07, 03:06

OMG I LOVE THIS JDRAMA!!! although the plot is frowned upon in western society, this love story is just awesome!

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Oct 21st, '07, 06:30

i want the ost tooo!! anyone know where to get ittt ? xD

wahhhh subbed eps pleaseee come faster!!!!! >.<

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Nov 1st, '07, 19:25

i cant wait to see wut happen..
poor yamashita (yamapi)
love chemistry between kozue n yamashita

i wish they stay 2gether..
ah.. n i wish yamashita will recover from his sick..

this drama so good.. but y only 3 pages ppl comment?

thanks a lot SARS for ur hardwork.. :salut:
take ur time..
its quite difficult to b part of fansubbing..
a lot of hardwork.. much time to spent..
watch the same part for few times..
u've guys done a good job SARS...
:thumright:

Agnieszkakoe

Post by Agnieszkakoe » Nov 6th, '07, 10:41

reminds me of "Shall we dansu?"...
great movie by the way

ImageImage

darkladynitewolf

Post by darkladynitewolf » Nov 6th, '07, 18:15

omg i love this series. I cant wait until the next 2 episodes are done. I'm like totally on the edge of my seat waiting for eps 9 and 10. lol Yamapi is sooo dreamy. lol

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Nov 7th, '07, 04:36

2 eps left!!! ahhh i want more yamapi scenes why's it alll about the obachan -___-''
i heard the ending's not good.. as in they don't get together =[

rose-land

Post by rose-land » Nov 7th, '07, 19:13

It's true dat the actress who plays the role of Kaori doesn't have that charisma but I can digest her cuz I really like the character she's doing. she cares a lot about Takuma and I guess that's enough for me to make me like her :wub:
but the one I really can't digest is Makino Saho She's really just like a little child I hate her and I wish that she disappears in the next coming episodes (8-10)

Taiyou no ao

Post by Taiyou no ao » Nov 7th, '07, 19:18

From the fist time Kaori appeared in the drama she's been getting me on my nerves, always going on and on about how she wants to cure Takuma instead of listening to what he wants :glare: Thank god she's gotten a bit better

rose-land

Post by rose-land » Nov 7th, '07, 19:27

hehe I was just like u when I was watching the first episodes of this drama but as u said in the next episodes she got better

rose-land

Post by rose-land » Nov 7th, '07, 19:32

I wanna know what do u think about Takuma's love to Kozue? do u think that he loves her cuz he lacks parental love and care in his life?

emrams

Post by emrams » Nov 9th, '07, 06:08

i hate yuriko.
she is a biotch. saying "it's ok to love takuma" to kozue and secretly plotting behind kozue's back even though kozue has made it clear to yuriko that she has chosen hideo. that's not fair lying to kozue like that, saying that she is on her side. even though kozue technically shouldn't have been seeing takuma, she still tells yuriko that she has chosen hideo and that she is ok with his past and possible future.
and i think that yuriko hit the spot when she said that takuma felt comfort in kozue's honesty. he is surrounded by people who have this distorted image of him being the best and not knowing that he is sick/dying or whatever. i think that it is a mix of admiration and comfort combined with lack of parental care and love. She is a mother figure, but she is almost childish when it comes to her love life since she has never really been "in love". she kept meeting him and they created a special friendship together. Even though she asks yuriko "could this be love", i think she is too unfamiliar with it because she doesn't know what love is really, and that the relationship she has with hideo is formal but possibly unaffectionate, but they still respect each other and care for each other even if she is incapable of really saying she loves him. so i think the relationship she has with hideo is more like love than the one with takuma, which is more of an escape from her formal and rule-abiding life that she experiences in her home.

rose-land

Post by rose-land » Nov 9th, '07, 13:28

I whole heartily agree with you but I've never sensed that her relationship with Hideo is more like love. I think that it's more like friendship and a spouse duty towards the other partner. It's true that they're married but they've never been in love with each other and there is a part in this drama (unfortunately I can't remember where exactly) where their friends ask them if they remember their first moments together and they answer with NO. so I feel that they got married to each other not cuz they love each other or cuz they have feelings towards each other but actually cuz they found that they rationally suit each other and thus they got married.
The part you've mentioned when she asks yuriko "could this be love", shows as you said that she's unfamiliar with the world love. She's in love with Takuma cuz he wake up that women inside her who is thirsty for love and tenderness. Why then she rejects his love if she found the love she kept looking for in her life? Is it cuz she has some feelings towards her husband? I don't think so. I think that the reason why she rejects Takuma's love and why she prefers to hear those tender words from her husband and not from Takuma is cuz she wants to remain in the eyes of her family and society the loyal wife who loves her husband and plus she doesn't want the people to look down at her for having an affair with someone younger than her that's why she wants her husband to pay her much attention so that she may fulfill her need of love and forget about her love with Takuma.

lindieeluieee

Post by lindieeluieee » Nov 28th, '07, 00:38

Wow!!! I finished watching the drama tonight!! Didn't like the ending (elaborating in the spoiler) but overall it was an AWESOME drama, not any lesser than Nobuta Wo Produce, though it is on a different level anyhow. I suppose this drama is aimed at a more mature audience while Nobuta is more for adolescents. I loved the character Yamapi portrayed here, Takuma. He was such a frail cute boy, especially the part where the dance teacher pinched his face (!!) in ep. 9. You can totally sympathize with him and at no point is he not likeable, you can only love him more and more!
As is expected, I don't like the ending because well, of course I want them to get together! I mean Takuma made up his mind already about wanting to spend the rest of his life with Kazue, but Kazue's arguments for not getting together with him were so bad; ie. the pain they would have to endure if they got together - if she truely loved takuma, why would she care. hideo- although he is a GREAT guy, THE perhaps best kind of guy to marry, i dont think they have intimacy in their love, they dont seem to have "that" sort of a relationship, not the kind of chemistry between Takuma and Kazue. After all, Takuma can talk to Kazue about everything, and vice versa, while both Hideo and Kazue always have to hide things for the other. Although I understand the moral, ie. loyalty in marriage, and all the ethics, but why, after all this mess, why is the playwright still trying to justify everything? Sure it is plainly a "nice", but it's so typical and so expected, it makes the whole drama dull to a certain extent. To make it a breakthrough, it could have been above the conventional, a special twist in the end. So what will Takuma do now? will he spend his dull life in the dancing school or is he going to be a special instructor? And in the end marry someone he moderately likes? like Kaori? It is indeed depressing to think about.
However, it was an Amazing drama, I checked the updates on the drama everyday for the last YEAR, and now that it's ended, I'm feeling more than a little depressed. Some recommendations on what I should watch now?? Recently, I've watched and enjoyed: Hana Kimi, Death Note, Liar Game, Devil Beside Me, HYD, Proposal Daisakusen, Nodame Cantabile,... pretty much everything. I would like to know a recent drama, that's worth your time.

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Dec 2nd, '07, 10:59

HOLY CRAP SUCH A BADDD ENDING!!!!! i liked the last few episodes except for the LAST ONE :cussing:
i think they prolly wanted the story to fit japanese society's like view of marriage so it ended that way. but WHY THE HECK were the main characters that obachan and yamapi then!?!?!?!????
i got the vibe that she didn't really like takuma but just pitied him though. at first it was like flirting and lust but then it died out to just pity cuz takuma's always calling her... which is stupid cuz HELLO! IT'S YAMAPI!!!! oh that's right he's too good for her haha.
he was freaking hottt in the last episode xD'

lindieeluieee: you should watch the yamapi dramas like Nobuta wo Produce first of all! =D
okay recent drama.. Galileo!

knuts

Post by knuts » Dec 16th, '07, 17:00

Thanks to SARS, I just finished watching this drama.
Nice, but as mentionned before by others: the ending.
Not sure what to think of that. It is a realistic and mature one?

Billion

Post by Billion » Jan 8th, '08, 18:44

Yes, totally bad ending. Made no sense at all. But then again this is an Asian drama so like crazypilovee said, it was most likely done to gain the audience's approval and not be too... what's the word I'm looking for?... radical. I wonder if the last scene is foreshadowing that Kozue will get back with Hideo. I hope not, they should just remain friends. It also makes me wonder if Takuma and Kozue cut off all ties with eachother; if so, they should have at least remained as friends.

kurotenshi

Post by kurotenshi » Jun 1st, '08, 01:04

To tell the truth, the only reason i decided to see this drama is YAMAPI. The story line didn't sound very exciting to me. Plus, nobody talked about it and the ratings were bad. So i expected this drama to be boring. But you know what? It was a surprise to me, i totally loved it! I think the main reason is the chemistry between Yamapi and the actress who plays Kozue (sorry don't know her name). He made me believe he was in love with an older woman. It seemed plausible. These two touched me! And i'm not a highly romantic person...

On the contrary of everyone else, i liked the end.
It was an open ending, you can imagine what you want. No need to say, i like to believe that Kozue realize she has made a terrible mistake and she goes back to Takuma :-)
Well, maybe the producers planned to make a sequel, thus the ending. But the ratings maybe made them change their mind.

Anyways, this is a drama worth watching!

andromaque

Post by andromaque » Jun 1st, '08, 16:02

Actually, I watched this drama because of Yamapi too ^^ I really loved his character, the frail, delicate and original young dancer... (so hot !!) Anyway good drama, although I didn't like the ending. Kozue really seems to consider Takuma as a "distraction", a bit of spice to life ; or maybe she really does like him but in this case she cares too much of what society will think of her to simply let things go and be with him ; and her character becomes weak and cowardly. She prefers her well-ordered, calm and boring little existence when he is ready to sacrifize everything... (okay okay he has not that much left ^^) WHO IS SHE TO REFUSE AN FRAIL, PASSIONATE AND FREAKING HOT YAMAPI ?!? *calm calm*
In short I dislike it because society wins over passion. Depressing. ( or simply japanese? lol)
I still highly recommand it

eilla

Post by eilla » Jun 7th, '08, 15:35

I've just finish watching this drama, I chose it because of Yamapi, and I'm really frustrated about the ending!
If I were this woman I would never never never let him go!!! My God, how can someone reject such a guy?! I just don't get it! But, well, he was very young, I don't have anything about age differences, but people in his age fall in and out love quickly, so probably, staying with him, it would make her even more hurt one day.