[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Post by siantut » Oct 17th, '06, 12:17

Chiaki, half drunk, dreaming the next morning inside Nodame's room, lying among piles and piles and piles of garbage:The wind.... I hear the sound of the wind
What a quiet place....

(sound of someone playing at the piano)
Now it's piano....
This piece...is the one I heard at that time...Beethoven's Piano Sonata
Piano Sonata which echoed beautifully among garbage
Capriccioso Cantabile....
as if being sung....
Where is this place?
That is.....
(a can fell down and a flock of flies flew around Chiaki, making him jump up in shock, shooing the flies away frantically)
Nodame at the piano, looking at Chiaki: Ah! I remember now! :idea:
You are Chiaki Senpai!
Do you remember last night? Heeeee.....
:wub:
(Chiaki ran out of her room in horror)
Nodame: Chiaki Senpai!!!!
Chiaki outside her room: Ah? But here is my own mansion.
She's in the room next door???
:O
(in his own room, taking off his dusty shirt in disgust) What...what's that female???
Mind image of Nodame grinning: Chiaki Senpai, heeee.... :wub:
Chiaki in shock: She's our School's student??
(looking down at his waist, his belt is gone) Oh! Where's my belt???
Image of Nodame grinning: Do you remember last night? Heeeee..... :wub:
Chiaki shouting while showering: I DON'T REMEMBEEEER!!!!!
Nodame grinning: Heehee.... :wub:


Chiaki the next morning in campus: Ah, what a headache.
Nodame holding his belt up high: Senpai!
Your belt!!!
You left it in my place this morning, right?

(everybody was staring at them)
Stunned Chiaki: As I thought....
Amazing that it survives in that garbage room

(passing her indifferently) It's not mine, that belt.
Nodame following him: It's Senpai's!
Because you seemed to be constricted I took it off, I remember.

Chiaki: You mistook me for a different person. That's not me.
Nodame keeps following him: It was really Senpai!
Chiaki: I said no it is really no!! :x
Nodame sniffing the belt then sniffing Chiaki: But the smell is the same.
Chiaki yelling: DON'T FOLLOW ME!! (grabbed the belt and threw it away as far as he could, it landed high on a tree)
Last edited by siantut on Dec 20th, '07, 10:00, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 17th, '06, 19:27

I have no idea what softsub means... but for subbing nodame, you are officially GOD.

vahnzenqi
Posts: 11
Joined: Feb 15th, '06, 07:21

Post by vahnzenqi » Oct 18th, '06, 00:51

i really want the softsub,
thank you so much for subbing this series.

the manga is great, i hope the series will do the same.

cant wait to see real live nodame.

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 18th, '06, 01:42

Mwulf wrote:I have no idea what softsub means... but for subbing nodame, you are officially GOD.
LOL
BTW, softsub means just the text file of the sub, without the movie.

vahnzenqi, okay I will upload the softsub too.

Yes this dorama is just great, great, great....no other commentsI can write other than that. Great storyline, great acting, great music, and hilarious too. Stealing the show is Takenaka Naoto, though, as the genius but eccentric world-famous conductor Franz Stresemann, he is super hilarious with long blond wig, ridiculous hat, and speaking japanese with very heavy accent. I wonder how he can do that, lol.

I can say that unless one can't stand classical music, it is a must-see, I will give it a five star. I think the theme is to be oneself, to be free, not to be too stuck up, and to release the natural in each of us?

User avatar
naoto
Posts: 73
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by naoto » Oct 18th, '06, 04:21

siantut, thank you for subbing this!!! So you are softsubbing? Is that the go ahead for all of us waiting to download the RAW on the site's tracker? thanks again!!! :cheers:
Image

Galvatron
Posts: 21
Joined: Oct 18th, '06, 04:14
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Post by Galvatron » Oct 18th, '06, 04:22

Oooh please please post up the soft subs - Juri Uendo is one of my all time favourites!!! I loved her in Swing Girls and she was cool in Summer Time Machine Blues.

User avatar
toyotaku
Posts: 510
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 03:25
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by toyotaku » Oct 18th, '06, 05:17

The Toyohara Kosuke fan is happy thus far (though, admittedly, I am ready for his talents to be used more effectively in dramas... it's like he's now typecast as Sakurai Kazuya types since Densha otoko while he can play so many different moods & other kinds of personalities... don't know what Eto Kozo is like since I don't know the manga, but it's not looking like it's going to be all that different... I'm always hopeful for surprises :-) ).

Love the music... so many favorite pieces in just the first episode!

And, yes, the conductor guy (Stresemann?) is going to be a lot of fun, I think. I really liked the introduction, too... in Praha... the relationship between the main character as a boy and that conductor (loved the tomadachi scene).

Am looking very forward to your subs, siantut, so I can understand so much more of what is going on. Thanks again for undertaking this job!

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 18th, '06, 06:11

naoto wrote:siantut, thank you for subbing this!!! So you are softsubbing? Is that the go ahead for all of us waiting to download the RAW on the site's tracker? thanks again!!! :cheers:
To Naoto and Galvatron and others who want the softsub,
Yes, I have just uploaded the softsub, in English, you can download it.
Last edited by siantut on Oct 18th, '06, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 18th, '06, 06:15

toyotaku wrote:The Toyohara Kosuke fan is happy thus far (though, admittedly, I am ready for his talents to be used more effectively in dramas... it's like he's now typecast as Sakurai Kazuya types since Densha otoko while he can play so many different moods & other kinds of personalities... don't know what Eto Kozo is like since I don't know the manga, but it's not looking like it's going to be all that different... I'm always hopeful for surprises :-) ).

Love the music... so many favorite pieces in just the first episode!

And, yes, the conductor guy (Stresemann?) is going to be a lot of fun, I think. I really liked the introduction, too... in Praha... the relationship between the main character as a boy and that conductor (loved the tomadachi scene).

Am looking very forward to your subs, siantut, so I can understand so much more of what is going on. Thanks again for undertaking this job!
Toyotaku, here Toyohara is playing as a very strict Teacher, but is the most talented and famous mentor in the Academy. He is too strict and his method of teaching does not encourage natural talent so he is somewhat pictured as a baddie here....Nishimura Masahiko, also plays as a mentor, is pictured as the opposite of him.

User avatar
naoto
Posts: 73
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by naoto » Oct 18th, '06, 06:56

siantut wrote: To Naoto and Galvatron and others who want the softsub,
Yes, I have just uploaded the softsub, in English, you can download it.
oy that was so fast, thank you!!!!!
Image

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 18th, '06, 08:35

There was a line missing in the earlier softsub today, so I corrected it and reuploaded the file after deleting the older one. Pls check in case you have downloaded the older file with a line missing.
Sorry.
Last version is version 1.4, it should be final.

Also, I based my sofstsub on my own video source, which includes all the ads, Galvatron said that my softsub does not sync with the RAW video file already uploaded here :( Pls let me know of any problem so I can avoid it next time. thanks. But it is easier for me to do it from my own source because I live in japan.

I will upload my own hard-subbed video later, with no missing line. I aborted my previous one earlier.

mikomi
Posts: 296
Joined: Mar 18th, '05, 14:27
Contact:

Post by mikomi » Oct 18th, '06, 14:49

I just watched the first episode with your subs, siantut (thank you very much :)) and found myself enjoying it tremendously. Imo, Ueno is the most perfect actress for the role of Nodame, she's just exactly how I imagine Nodame would act, the way she plays out the character of Nodame and her physical image fits that character wonderfully. The first episode follows the manga book almost page by page, which is just great. The only problem I see is that this drama is pre-scheduled to have only 9 episodes, and at the pace it is going now, I don't think it will cover all of the manga materials. Anyways, I loved the music pieces in the drama and I saw a great chemistry between the two main leads, they're just so lovely together. My favorite scene in the 1st ep is
the scene where Nodame and Chiaki were playing together Mozart's piece and I loved how Chiaki relaxed himself and his music to go with Nodame's flow. It was just very inspiring and beautiful, plus the music was wonderful.
And of course, I love all the scenes in Nodame's apartment. What a girl she is, living among garbage like it's nothing XD. No wonder she drove Chiaki crazy with the smell, the sight and everything.
This was my most awaiting drama of the fall season and I'm glad the first ep did not disappoint.
Btw, the 'tamagochi scene' was hilarious, I cracked up when the conductor Chiaki met in Prague went 'tamagochi' with his hand gestures XD, it was quite unexpected, lol.
Image
Watching: JIN, Ohitorisama, Liar Game 2

matsudahyde
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 30th, '06, 19:15
Location: netherlands

Post by matsudahyde » Oct 18th, '06, 15:19

anooo...where can i download the softsub for nodame? hehe...

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 18th, '06, 18:34

matsudahyde wrote:anooo...where can i download the softsub for nodame? hehe...
You can download it under the "Subtitles" thread.

I am now uploading my hardsubbed video file. Here is the description:
Title: Nodame Cantabile
Episode: 1 of 11
Fuji TV
Codec: Windows Media Video V8
Resolution 720 x 480
File Size: 341.391 KB
Format: .wmv (Windows Media Video)
Capturer: Siantut
Language of Sub: English
Translator and timer: Siantut
Runtime: about 65 minutes
Next upload schedule: A week later, perhaps on October 25th if I am not too busy that week

Oops, I forgot to add that the ads/CMs are included....

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 18th, '06, 19:13

I forget to add, if anyone downloaded my subbed video, could you please tell me if it is LQ or MQ? Perhaps LQ judging from the filesize of only 350 Mb. If you people want me to do it in higher quality, I can do that too, only I am not sure what software to use to encode from my subbed Avi file. Any pointers will be appreciated regarding:

1. what software is the best to encode from the initial subbed Avi file (the file size is usually around 40 Gb with me)
2. what is the best format to upload here (wmv, divx, mpeg2, mpeg4, asf, etc)
3. approximate file size desired for this dorama, whether LQ, MQ, or HQ
4. and perhaps, what codec desired.

I record TV shows in mpeg2 format, subbing it with Subtitle Workshop, then encoding it with VirtualDub, then encode the final subbed-video using Windows Media Encoder. Any better or faster method? I am quite new in this kind of stuff, so any suggestions and advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Bye bye and thanks for everything.

Airhead
Posts: 545
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 14:52

Post by Airhead » Oct 18th, '06, 22:43

siantut wrote:I forget to add, if anyone downloaded my subbed video, could you please tell me if it is LQ or MQ? Perhaps LQ judging from the filesize of only 350 Mb. If you people want me to do it in higher quality, I can do that too, only I am not sure what software to use to encode from my subbed Avi file. Any pointers will be appreciated regarding:

1. what software is the best to encode from the initial subbed Avi file (the file size is usually around 40 Gb with me)
2. what is the best format to upload here (wmv, divx, mpeg2, mpeg4, asf, etc)
3. approximate file size desired for this dorama, whether LQ, MQ, or HQ
4. and perhaps, what codec desired.

I record TV shows in mpeg2 format, subbing it with Subtitle Workshop, then encoding it with VirtualDub, then encode the final subbed-video using Windows Media Encoder. Any better or faster method? I am quite new in this kind of stuff, so any suggestions and advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks!
thx for the softies :cheers:

if you really want a hardsub version go for 700mb .avi (divx) because the other codecs are not playable by standalone dvd-player (the only reason for hardsubs :glare: )
(for encoding-tips speak with encoders here on board :) )

for me are softsubs enough, you don`t need to worry about the CM`s, retiming takes only a few minutes
favs: Yui, Scandal, Babymetal, BeBe(베베), Taru(타루), Cherry Boom, Rammstein 8)

plz don`t mind my bad english ... thx

lunas
Posts: 324
Joined: Jun 2nd, '04, 15:31

Post by lunas » Oct 18th, '06, 22:54

hey siantut..

thanks for subbing this drama.. I really enjoying watching.....
I watch this because of Ueno Juri, but now I found Tamaki Hiroshi is likable too... and the music with the drama...perfect....

User avatar
tianj
Posts: 345
Joined: Feb 4th, '04, 21:18

Post by tianj » Oct 18th, '06, 23:10

Hey sianut, thanks for subbing this one.
If you prefer not to do the timings, you can pm me your email contact or something, and I'll send you the timings that way(I still can't pm you).

Thanks,

sukida
Posts: 62
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 06:53

Post by sukida » Oct 19th, '06, 00:01

since you are asking for preferences, here are mine.

my preference #1: any format that is an open standard. wmv is not.

my preference #2: small files. jtv often releases great quality in only 350 MB, and 2 of those fit on a CD. even the recent ainori is a complete episode in 186 MB with nice quality! many people have low bandwidth and disk space. size does matter! :)

anyway, thanks for asking and welcome to d-addicts.

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 19th, '06, 00:22

Don't laugh at my ignorance! :P

~___~

In my experience "Windows Media--anything" is far from the best equipment to use...

From what I've heard, XVID is the best to use for video compression.

I also don't care for .wmv..... a .avi file or .mkv (no whining!) is a lot better, IMHO. ...if you change the format for any of the other episodes, please upload ep1 in the new format... or not. You're too bloody cool to take any requests. :lol

The file size seems to be all right... though it might be nice to see it in a higher resolution, it's not really necessary.

*runs off to download*

EDIT: I'm pretty much techno-illiterate, so I can't very well offer to help you... but I am an English Major, so if you need any help with spelling or grammar checking, lemme know.

midnightblue
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 4th, '04, 17:31

Post by midnightblue » Oct 19th, '06, 00:53

siantut wrote:what software is the best to encode from the initial subbed Avi file (the file size is usually around 40 Gb with me)
Maybe [url=http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AviDemux]avidemux[/url], [url=http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=VirtualdubMOD]VirtualdubMOD[/url] or [url=http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AutoGK]AutoGK[/url]?
siantut wrote:what is the best format to upload here (wmv, divx, mpeg2, mpeg4, asf, etc)
and perhaps, what codec desired.
An MP3 audio codec, a DivX/XviD video codec in an AVI container seems to be the de facto standard. It is regarded the most universally convenient at the moment as people are using different operating systems (Windows, OSX, Linux, ...), media players and hardware (computer, standalone dvd player).
siantut wrote:approximate file size desired for this dorama, whether LQ, MQ, or HQ
I personally would prefer HQ, 1280x720, 1000MB-1400MB, but I'm not sure this would be near any consensus at this site.

And last but not least: Thank you!

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 19th, '06, 10:04

Airhead wrote:
siantut wrote:I forget to add, if anyone downloaded my subbed video, could you please tell me if it is LQ or MQ? Perhaps LQ judging from the filesize of only 350 Mb. If you people want me to do it in higher quality, I can do that too, only I am not sure what software to use to encode from my subbed Avi file. Any pointers will be appreciated regarding:

1. what software is the best to encode from the initial subbed Avi file (the file size is usually around 40 Gb with me)
2. what is the best format to upload here (wmv, divx, mpeg2, mpeg4, asf, etc)
3. approximate file size desired for this dorama, whether LQ, MQ, or HQ
4. and perhaps, what codec desired.

I record TV shows in mpeg2 format, subbing it with Subtitle Workshop, then encoding it with VirtualDub, then encode the final subbed-video using Windows Media Encoder. Any better or faster method? I am quite new in this kind of stuff, so any suggestions and advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks!
thx for the softies :cheers:

if you really want a hardsub version go for 700mb .avi (divx) because the other codecs are not playable by standalone dvd-player (the only reason for hardsubs :glare: )
(for encoding-tips speak with encoders here on board :) )

for me are softsubs enough, you don`t need to worry about the CM`s, retiming takes only a few minutes
To Airhead: Thanks for the feedback, now I got it that I should use a format and codec that can be played on standalone DVD/VCD player. That makes sense.

To Tianj: Thanks for the offer, OK I will do that if I find it easier to do. I managed to change the setting of my Preferences, so you should be able to PM me with the new setting.

To Sukida, Mwulf, Midnightblue, thank you for the feedbacks and advice. Right now I am still having problem connecting to d-addict. If it is my ISP not allowing p2p, that will be too bad, I can't call them either to ask them to open a port for me because then they might monitor me to see what files I am transferring.....
While I am struggling to connect, please use MHFans' video, plus my softsubs which had been re-timed by Seghal.

Mwulf, you can check the section here explaining how to watch RAW video with softsubs, and I am sorry for this delay.
Oh thanks for the offer to help with my grammar or typos, feel free to tell me if anything is too weird or bad grammar. English is not my native language :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 19th, '06, 19:34

siantut wrote:. English is not my native language :mrgreen:
Well then, at least let me say that from what you've already posted, your English is substantially better than a great many native-speakers. :roll

User avatar
nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 349
Joined: Dec 8th, '05, 22:33
Location: europe

Post by nadesico » Oct 19th, '06, 19:42

siantut, thanks for your dedication!!I'm actually quite happy to watch this series
I didn't know the manga at all, but i found the 1st ep really funny and enjoyable. I really like the way thay come in each other life so spontaneously!The scene when Chiaki cleans nodame's room really cracked me up, and I found the scene whre he washes her har really sweet!The actors made a good job and I look forward seeing the next ep!!
I just find Eita is growing too old to play a student lol

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » Oct 19th, '06, 23:35

Yipee, I finally found something to watch this season. And it got picked up by a fast and competent subber. Lucky! :cheers:

siantut, thank you for giving us a good show, I look forward to enjoying it with you. I wanted to watch your hardsub version because it had the commercials included, but if it's too much of a hassle for you, don't stress yourself over it.

I'm betting on this show to become the season's hit, both in Japan and in the d-addicts community. If they don't stray too far from the manga, it should be a safe bet.

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 20th, '06, 02:24

Well, I don't mind if the stray a bit from the manga... like, say, ignoring the whole Okuyama Masumi character.... though I suppose having a human actor could give the role some much needed... gender deffinition.

EDIT: The re-timed subs still seem to be a little off.... well, at least the 1st set I d/led.

I d/led two others (from the first post of the topic in the subtitles section) but they cause VLC to crash... I'm currently updating VLC... but I'm wondering what program everyone else is using to watch this?

zenobiology
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 4th, '06, 19:52

Post by zenobiology » Oct 20th, '06, 18:19

I ran VLC 0.8.5 to watch this....it also crashed on the first attempt. But upon loading a 2nd time, there wasn't a problem. I've never had a problem with VLC parsing ssa sub files before though....wonder why it's happening

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 20th, '06, 18:27

Got it working now....

I have to say, I'm really suprised at how good it is. I've always hated Masumi in the manga... but his counterpart here looks so much... the same, that I think I just may like it.

It's a great show, but part of me feels like the guy playing Chiaki doesn't quite look right for the role....

Other than that, keep up the good work, I anxiously await ep.2!

koopisa
Posts: 53
Joined: Feb 10th, '05, 19:23

Post by koopisa » Oct 21st, '06, 15:38

:wub: I'm very like this drama.
After watching the first episode, i searched the web to find if there is any (translated) manga sold in my country. :lol Luckily, they have released vol.4 since August. :cheers:

I like the scene that Chiaki cleans Nodame's room, cooks and washes her hair toooo.

Also, the man who plays Chiaki, at first before I read the sub, I thought he is a teacher. :D

I love Classical Music. :lol

canon05
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 27th, '05, 10:50

Post by canon05 » Oct 22nd, '06, 04:36

Siantut thank you so much for subbing this! This is one of the best series in this season so far. :-)

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 22nd, '06, 08:18

joeboygo wrote:Yipee, I finally found something to watch this season. And it got picked up by a fast and competent subber. Lucky! :cheers:

siantut, thank you for giving us a good show, I look forward to enjoying it with you. I wanted to watch your hardsub version because it had the commercials included, but if it's too much of a hassle for you, don't stress yourself over it.

I'm betting on this show to become the season's hit, both in Japan and in the d-addicts community. If they don't stray too far from the manga, it should be a safe bet.
I will make the hard-subbed video later after I am sure there is nothing much that can be improved on the softsubs...then I will either try to upload it myself or as someone suggested to me by PM, to upload it somewhere and give the link to either Ruroshin or Gryzze....
I will make it according to the norm here, about 700 mb

User avatar
Akiiness
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 21st, '06, 07:03
Location: Canada

Post by Akiiness » Oct 22nd, '06, 15:08

Thanks for subbing this drama, Siantut. =)

I'm glad I finally found something good to watch this season. I always thought this season was full of BS... not anymore, I guess. XD It totally surprised me at how awesome this drama was. I used to dislike both the male and female lead in this drama too due to horrible roles given to them in the past... but it looks as if I found some new obsessions too. hahaha.

Tamaki Hiroshi seems to have grown a bit since the last time I saw him. And Ueno Juri is veryy cute. ^^;; They make a good match. ;)

nekokage
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 13th, '06, 03:19

Post by nekokage » Oct 23rd, '06, 02:03

Ditto..I'm so happy for the subs also.


The arm pillow part was so funny lol.

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 23rd, '06, 03:44

That's too bad... if you thought that was funny, I suggest you stop watching Nodame right NOW.

Seriously.

I'm fairly certain the Kotatsu episode will kill you.

User avatar
choco_panda
Posts: 58
Joined: May 18th, '06, 22:51
Location: Australia

Post by choco_panda » Oct 23rd, '06, 06:05

This drama turned out to be a lot better than I expected. Ive read the first 2 vol of the manga and it didnt appeal to me that much. But OMG! The drama is great!

All those little special effect was really well done! It surprised me how they fit so well in the drama cuz I used to think this type of thing would kill the mood of the drama.

+ I've seen Ueno Juri in Kindaichi but I didnt like her that much. But for this drama she is toooo adorable! The way she say stuffs is just to cute.

Judging from the first EP, this would probably be my fav dramas of this season along with 14 no haha.

Anyway, I'd like to take my time to thanks to all those who subbing this serie. :thumleft: :cheers:
Otsukare~
Image
Image

tsukushi
Posts: 38
Joined: Feb 5th, '06, 08:27

Post by tsukushi » Oct 23rd, '06, 06:38

I am getting so addicted to the drama --- I plan to buy more of the manga.

*pity kinokuniya here only stock vol 2 but I already ordered the rest of the volumes... hopefully I'll get it soon*

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » Oct 23rd, '06, 12:41

As I type this, episode 2 is being broadcast in Japan. It's great to have something to look forward to.

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 23rd, '06, 14:18

The RAW of Episode 2 (without all the ads but with trailer of Ep 3) is here:
http://www.nodamecantabile.com/nodame

but it is password protected because it is not a torrent tracker, the file size is 395 Mb, avi format, codec is the latest DIVX codec, sound compression is LAME mp3 at 48.000 and highest bitrate, resolution is 720 x 480.

If someone is willing to download it and then upload it here as torrent file, please PM me, I will send you the user name and password to download it.

Sorry I do not dare to open it for everybody because my webhost might kick me out if I do this.....Just 1-2 person should be OK.

Please let me know, thanks.

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Oct 23rd, '06, 15:45

Main thing I like about the drama is that the main characters are extremely well cast and feel just right for the character, particularly Nodame, which is critical, as she is the title character. Ueno Juri has the body type and body language that makes it feel like she just stepped out of a shojo comic. This is definitely on my must see list for this season

I just rented the first 14 volumes of the manga and read the first volume, the first half of the ep effectively matches scene for scene of the drama, it was GREAT!!!
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
Houko
Posts: 30
Joined: Sep 21st, '06, 14:36

Post by Houko » Oct 24th, '06, 08:31

"Sony music's" Nodame:
http://www.nodame-orche.com/

Should it be like a soundtrack of the drama/manga?

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 24th, '06, 13:14

Please download my Final Version of the softsubs:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40432_0.htm

I can say it is now with zero mistake :P

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » Oct 24th, '06, 17:22

Looks like episode 2 ramped up the screwball factor by more than a few notches. I wonder what instrument the mascot will play? :lol

P.S. Episode 2 scored a 16.1% rating, down from the previous episode but still respectable, consistent with a general decline in viewership for doramas across the board in the second week of the season.

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 24th, '06, 18:40

Hard-subbed of Episode 1 is ready. Either Bugsie or Auroragb will help upload it. Thanks to them both!!
Bye bye and thanks for everything.

ahnchan
Posts: 44
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 01:25

Post by ahnchan » Oct 25th, '06, 06:11

hehe this drama is so freaking funny! i like i like.

thanks for subbing it siantut! and thanks to the rest of the subbing team!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :D :thumright:

youkosiren
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 25th, '06, 06:06

Post by youkosiren » Oct 25th, '06, 06:11

I really do love this drama - it translated pretty well from the manga. What I'd really like to know is what all the songs are in the episode! I know the major ones (ie, Beethoven's "pathetique" and Mozart's Sonata in D Major for 2 Pianos), but what about all the background music? My friend told me some Shostakovich was in there too, but I'm not that up on my classical music ;_; It ought to be a project!

canon05
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 27th, '05, 10:50

Post by canon05 » Oct 25th, '06, 06:21

Thanks for subbing this siantut and other fansubbers! :-)

User avatar
toyotaku
Posts: 510
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 03:25
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by toyotaku » Oct 25th, '06, 06:29

youkosiren wrote: What I'd really like to know is what all the songs are in the episode! I know the major ones (ie, Beethoven's "pathetique" and Mozart's Sonata in D Major for 2 Pianos), but what about all the background music? My friend told me some Shostakovich was in there too, but I'm not that up on my classical music ;_; It ought to be a project!
I haven't had a chance to watch episode 2 yet, but the other music in episode 1 is "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin, the third movement of Beethoven's "Mondschein (Moonlight) Sonate" (what Chiaki is playing when Eto yells at him), and the "Dance of the Knights" from Prokofiev's ballet "Romeo and Juliet." Exellent choices. :-)

User avatar
thtl
Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 16:47
Location: Shanghai, China

Post by thtl » Oct 25th, '06, 13:49

Galvatron wrote:Oooh please please post up the soft subs - Juri Uendo is one of my all time favourites!!! I loved her in Swing Girls and she was cool in Summer Time Machine Blues.
I'm very impressed that someone actually knows about STMB". Congratulations!

User avatar
thtl
Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 16:47
Location: Shanghai, China

Post by thtl » Oct 25th, '06, 14:44

youkosiren wrote:I really do love this drama - it translated pretty well from the manga. What I'd really like to know is what all the songs are in the episode! I know the major ones (ie, Beethoven's "pathetique" and Mozart's Sonata in D Major for 2 Pianos), but what about all the background music? My friend told me some Shostakovich was in there too, but I'm not that up on my classical music ;_; It ought to be a project!
From what I know:

Opening theme:
Beethoven's Symphony #7

Closing theme:
Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue

Chiaki in Eto's lesson:
Beethoven's Piano Sonanta 'Moonlight'

Chiaki's flashback in bar:
Dies Irae

A-Oke practice
Beethoven's Symphony #9

Saiko's scene (Chiaki's girlfriend):
Mozart's 'Magic Flute', aria of the Night Queen

Stresemann prowling:
Prokofiev's 'Romeo & Juliet', March of the Montagues

Nodame, Stresemann in Chiaki's home:
Tchaikovsky's 'Nutcracker Suite', Dance of the Sugar Plum Flower Fairies

Chiaki & Nodame's duet:
Mozart's Sonata for 2 Pianos in D Major (1st movement - Allegro con Spirito)

After Chiaki and Nodame's piano duet:
Mozart's 'Marriage of Figaro', Voi che Sapete
Last edited by thtl on Oct 29th, '06, 14:44, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
applebear
Posts: 51
Joined: Oct 16th, '06, 17:31
Location: Florida

Post by applebear » Oct 27th, '06, 04:05

The actor playing Chiaki, is that the same guy who played Shingo in Remote?

User avatar
toyotaku
Posts: 510
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 03:25
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by toyotaku » Oct 27th, '06, 04:10

applebear wrote:The actor playing Chiaki, is that the same guy who played Shingo in Remote?
Yes... Tamaki Hiroshi. He was also in last winter's Hyouheki (which I'm still trying to get someone to seed the first episode of) and followed with Top Caster in the spring season.

User avatar
Yukino
Posts: 11
Joined: Oct 3rd, '05, 01:29
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by Yukino » Oct 27th, '06, 04:33

I'd also like to thank you, siantut, and the other people working on Nodame. I have been reading the manga since it started coming out, and when the LA was announced I was just ecstatic. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the anime is going to be done. I've even loaded up on the Nodame manga so I can push it on everyone! =)

User avatar
applebear
Posts: 51
Joined: Oct 16th, '06, 17:31
Location: Florida

Post by applebear » Oct 27th, '06, 16:50

toyotaku wrote:
applebear wrote:The actor playing Chiaki, is that the same guy who played Shingo in Remote?
Yes... Tamaki Hiroshi. He was also in last winter's Hyouheki (which I'm still trying to get someone to seed the first episode of) and followed with Top Caster in the spring season.
I've only seen Remote...
So different! So, cute!

I'm going to have to look up the others. :-)

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 27th, '06, 17:30

Yukino wrote:I'd also like to thank you, siantut, and the other people working on Nodame. I have been reading the manga since it started coming out, and when the LA was announced I was just ecstatic. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the anime is going to be done. I've even loaded up on the Nodame manga so I can push it on everyone! =)
I'm with ya' 100% there.

It's kinda hard, though, with the ~slow~ rate the manga's coming out over here.... it's just too hard having to wait 4 months between volumes :|

I'm told it gets a helluva lot better around vol.8 or so...

I just hope the LA (and ~maybe~ the anime) doesn't spoil the manga for me. The H2 live action did that... not fun. :|

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Oct 27th, '06, 20:19

It takes about 4 months a volume in japan as well. Iirc, Japan is up to volume 16. I read up to vol. 14 (I rented all 14 volumes on Monday night and read it all in one night :) )

I think that the drama is, so far, better than the manga. Especially since it feels tighter. But almost all of the best scenes come directly from the manga. It's just great!

I think that the Rising Stars will not be covered in this series, just the S Orchestra ( tho they might combine some of the elements from RS)
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
prismatic_star
Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 22:33
Location: Montréal, Canada

Post by prismatic_star » Oct 27th, '06, 20:28

Pretty much off irrelevant but we need seeders for Nodame Cantabile episode two. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
toyotaku
Posts: 510
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 03:25
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by toyotaku » Oct 27th, '06, 20:50

prismatic_star wrote:Pretty much off irrelevant but we need seeders for Nodame Cantabile episode two. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm seeing 113/40 seeders/leechers for the MHFans version and 39/16 for siantut's. How can you need seeders???

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Oct 27th, '06, 22:24

It's possible he's using some newfangled torrent program that's not connecting correctly... oh well.

~____~

auroragb, ya' gotta tell me which volume is the best you've read! (I need to know just ~how~ long it's gonna be :cry: )

I think the manga is better in terms of overall presentation... but I have to say I love the LA's music and just... how well it resembles the manga. It's deffinitely the best manga-to-Anything transition I've ever seen.

I'd buy the Japanese manga if I knew how to read it... :glare: I can speak well enough (I think) but I don't dare attempt to learn the writing for fear that it would utterly destroy my meager attempt to learn mandarin chinese....

phonetic languages are SOOOOOOOOO much nicer. :-(

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » Oct 28th, '06, 18:16

One huge advantage the LA has over the manga is that you can hear the music (duh). This allows us to get into the characters' thoughts as they are playing, and we can sync up their emotions with the ebb and flow of melody. For me, Mine's rededication to classical music after playing the springtime sonata with Chiaki was a more believable process in the LA than the manga because of this.

At any rate, I'm surprised that the LA is becoming even wackier than the manga, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that the director helming the LA is the same guy that did Densha Otoko.

The manga gets really good if you can make it past the first few chapters. I hope they don't try to cover too much in the LA, although S-oke vs A=oke may not provide enough material for eleven episodes.

aa
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 16th, '04, 20:29

Post by aa » Oct 30th, '06, 09:00

Thanks thtl for sharing the titles of the pieces used in this drama.

Doesn't Tamaki Hiroshi (Shinichi Chiaki) sorta look like/remind of Odagiri Joe ~ or maybe it's just the hairstyle? O_o.

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Oct 30th, '06, 15:27

Mwulf wrote:auroragb, ya' gotta tell me which volume is the best you've read! (I need to know just ~how~ long it's gonna be :cry: )
I thought it was a pretty even series, I can't really say if there was a "best" volume. Tho my favorite was volume 3 with the first S orchestra performance. Vol 15 is the current Chinese translated volume (this is the version I read, tho only up to 14) and Vol 16 is the latest in Japan.

Based on what I read, there is easily enough material for the series to go on to 20+ vol without dragging, and if the author so chooses, I can even see it going to 30 volumes, so it's gonna be a few years :P
---
separate topic: I'm surprised that no one has commented on the pun in the name Nodame == NO! Dame! as you'd chastise a bad child
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
thtl
Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 16:47
Location: Shanghai, China

Post by thtl » Oct 30th, '06, 16:00

auroragb wrote: separate topic: I'm surprised that no one has commented on the pun in the name Nodame == NO! Dame! as you'd chastise a bad child
Good point. But was it really a pun intended by Ninomiya (the author)? After all, 'no' and 'dame' and in 2 different languages... :scratch:

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Oct 30th, '06, 17:32

Ninomiya made a lot of puns in the dorama. The funniest so far is I think when Stresemann said: "kiss de, tenka, no kiss de, mutenka" (with a kiss, change of divisions, no kiss, no change of divisions). "Mutenka" (no change of divisions, 無転科) can also mean "no additives" (for food、無添加)
無転科 is a forced word combination, I think she made it so as to make a pun with 無添加

when Masumi-chan said "ude kunda ude kunda ude kunda" (arm linking to arm), at that time Nodame was linking her arm to Chiaki's arm, but what he means is actually cursing on Nodame because he is so mad with her. These words can also mean something like casting a spell or bad luck on someone you hate by linking your two arms together, point your fingers together, and cast your curse on someone.
I think there are still some more puns in this dorama, mostly said by Stresemann.
Bye bye and thanks for everything.

User avatar
thtl
Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 16:47
Location: Shanghai, China

Post by thtl » Oct 30th, '06, 22:44

siantut wrote:Ninomiya made a lot of puns in the dorama. The funniest so far is I think when Stresemann said: "kiss de, tenka, no kiss de, mutenka" (with a kiss, change of divisions, no kiss, no change of divisions). "Mutenka" (no change of divisions, 無転科) can also mean "no additives" (for food、無添加)
無転科 is a forced word combination, I think she made it so as to make a pun with 無添加

when Masumi-chan said "ude kunda ude kunda ude kunda" (arm linking to arm), at that time Nodame was linking her arm to Chiaki's arm, but what he means is actually cursing on Nodame because he is so mad with her. These words can also mean something like casting a spell or bad luck on someone you hate by linking your two arms together, point your fingers together, and cast your curse on someone.
I think there are still some more puns in this dorama, mostly said by Stresemann.
Thanks for the insight. Not understanding Japanese does seem to take some of the fun out of it... :blink

User avatar
juljul9
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 4th, '05, 15:43

Post by juljul9 » Oct 31st, '06, 07:01

Houko wrote:"Sony music's" Nodame:
http://www.nodame-orche.com/

Should it be like a soundtrack of the drama/manga?
this sounds good. anyone has this to share?

clams
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 29th, '05, 15:36

Post by clams » Oct 31st, '06, 07:11

thanks for all the hardwork people.
am just wondering, how did you all get the video?

use a tv tuner and capture it off the telly? if so, what sort of tv card are you all using?
quality looks good. mine is quite er, crappy.

User avatar
thtl
Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 16:47
Location: Shanghai, China

Post by thtl » Oct 31st, '06, 07:25

juljul9 wrote:
Houko wrote:"Sony music's" Nodame:
http://www.nodame-orche.com/

Should it be like a soundtrack of the drama/manga?
this sounds good. anyone has this to share?
There is a concert by this orchestra together with Nodame (Ueno Juri) and Chiaki (Tamaki Hiroshi) on 22nd Dec. A CD called "Nodame Orchestra Live" will be released on 15th Nov, probably not a recording of this concert.

From Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000I5YAD0/250-5071436-5698633

User avatar
joeboygo
Posts: 208
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 18:52

Post by joeboygo » Oct 31st, '06, 22:42

Ok, we finally get to see Chiaki and Stresseman wave the batons, but since I don't know squat about conducting, I can't tell if the actors are doing a good job of faking it.

So, to those who know something about the art, your time to shine has come! Is the conducting bogus or kosher? Please step up and enlighten us philistines about the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the zigs and zags, so we would know what to watch out for.

User avatar
Mwulf
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 22:03
Location: The Mud Wastes

Post by Mwulf » Nov 1st, '06, 03:07

I haven't seen many torrents of music here... er, any actually... but when it comes out, I'm fairly certain a torrent would be heralded with mass applause! :O

User avatar
toyotaku
Posts: 510
Joined: Nov 22nd, '05, 03:25
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by toyotaku » Nov 1st, '06, 03:21

Mwulf wrote:I haven't seen many torrents of music here... er, any actually... but when it comes out, I'm fairly certain a torrent would be heralded with mass applause! :O
Go to the torrent page, click on OST (or theme songs) in the drop down menu for "type" in the search line... there's a fair amount of music here. :-)

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Nov 1st, '06, 03:23

clams wrote:thanks for all the hardwork people.
am just wondering, how did you all get the video?

use a tv tuner and capture it off the telly? if so, what sort of tv card are you all using?
quality looks good. mine is quite er, crappy.
Clams, MHFans' RAW is taken from HDTV (High Definition TV), that's why. Even if you use an excellent card, if the source is not so good, it will be not so good.
Japan will go all digital in 2011, by that time every RAW here will be HQ regardless of capture card.

User avatar
siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 310
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:40

Post by siantut » Nov 1st, '06, 03:29

thtl wrote:
juljul9 wrote:
Houko wrote:"Sony music's" Nodame:
http://www.nodame-orche.com/

Should it be like a soundtrack of the drama/manga?
this sounds good. anyone has this to share?
There is a concert by this orchestra together with Nodame (Ueno Juri) and Chiaki (Tamaki Hiroshi) on 22nd Dec. A CD called "Nodame Orchestra Live" will be released on 15th Nov, probably not a recording of this concert.

From Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000I5YAD0/250-5071436-5698633
I am trying to attend the concert by buying from Yahoo jp Auction. All tickets were sold out within the first few hours of sale (on 10 AM Saturday). But they are selling it at crazy price, so I will wait until it goes down, if ever :-(

The CD is not out yet, and we are suppoed to reserve for it in advance. I will make sure I get one. I already got 2 Nodame CD Books, the 2 CDs contain many of the music in the dorama, I can rip a few and upload them in my website later.

User avatar
thtl
Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 16:47
Location: Shanghai, China

Post by thtl » Nov 1st, '06, 03:42

siantut wrote: I am trying to attend the concert by buying from Yahoo jp Auction. All tickets were sold out within the first few hours of sale (on 10 AM Saturday). But they are selling it at crazy price, so I will wait until it goes down, if ever :-(

The CD is not out yet, and we are suppoed to reserve for it in advance. I will make sure I get one. I already got 2 Nodame CD Books, the 2 CDs contain many of the music in the dorama, I can rip a few and upload them in my website later.
At least you are in the right time and place to even hope to attend this concert. :glare:

I've also reserved the OST and the Live CD. I was a little skeptical about other Nodame products - they sprang from the manga, not the drama and are therefore not performed by the 'Nodame Orchestra'.

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Nov 1st, '06, 12:29

This is really cute! I made this clip and subbed it. Tamaki and Ueno guests in IiTomo Oct 16th, to promote Nodame. And Juri-chan made a mistake in the game. She is a very loud girl, ne!!^^


[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/yanie/iitomo16oct_uenotamaki.jpg[/img]

Title: IiTomo Oct 16th, Nodame promo
Size: 6.65 MB
Duration: 1 min 47 secs
Subtitle: English
Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/42do1x

Side note:
Getsuku stands for Getsuyobi Kuuji means => Monday 9PM.

Monday 9PM is the PRIMETIME dorama, expected to have the highest average rating among other dramas airing on FujiTV. All Kimura Takuya's FujiTV dramas since Long Vacation, is on this primetime slot.

User avatar
Hideaki_Ito
Posts: 88
Joined: Apr 30th, '05, 03:48

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Nov 1st, '06, 13:25

Sweetness. I can't wait to see ep 4 as I see preview of more scenes between Chiaki and Nodame. They're such a cute couple. I love Chiaki. Though he puts up a cold front, he's a really caring guy and his different facial expressions are just enjoyable to watch. (There's a fear that I'm falling in love with Tamaki Hiroshi little by little.) :mrgreen:
:wub: (Masaya Kato, Abe Hiroshi, Osawa Takao, Fukuyama Masaharu, Fujiki Naohito, Tanihara Shosuke, Takizawa Hideaki, Kuninaka Ryoko, Tamayama Tetsuji, Tamaki Hiroshi, Ayase Haruka, Ueno Juri) :wub:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest