I realize you replied to my post four pages ago, but how was I suppose to know there's gonna be five pages in one day? >.>
I think you need to realize that not everything D says is his true feelings.
Some things, he says for the sake of reputation or pride or
Its hard for me to get why Doumyouji stays away from Tsukushi, most of all because
The reason why people love the drama is because it deviates enough from the manga to give even the manga fans something new to watch
In the drama, the characters are more realistic.
D has social obligations as world's economic leader. He can't just throw everything into the air and rush to help M. And also read what I wrote above about his mom. It's not because he didn't want to--it's because he COULDN"Tt get away from NY. And yeah...partly, he was counting on the fact that she's strong enough.
About Mom...I kinda feel sorry for her.
I mean, yes, she still laughs evil, but we're starting to see a more human side of her in this series.
I also agree that there's some changes between this and the last series.
1) D is more mature, definitely. He finally realizes the world doesn't revolve around him, and he has to consider other things like social obligations before his self-interest (namely, his love interest)
2) Tsukushi has gotten WEAKER. there's a theme of love makes you weak here, I think...
I agree, she cries too much. Makes Mao-chan more admirable. Like, how can she cry so easily?? And I think she's really crying too...not like with eyedrops.
3) Soujirou....I feel like he's in a catch-22 too.
4) Soujirou and Akira are much more involved in the problem between M and D. I like that
what are friends for.
5) Rui....I feel sorry for him. in season 1, he was just approaching M to check to see if D is really serious about her...to protect her from getting hurt. But now, I think he really DOES have feelings for her.
oh yeah, if you want pics, go here-->
(hope I got it right....)
anyways, if you look on the site, you'll see there's the top 10 scenes from manga that people voted to have on the new drama, and you see that the prom scene has a check mark next to it.... does that mean they already covered that?? if so...when??!!
I had expected it to be sweeter...not something I would easily miss...^^;
okay I rambled long enough.
the english community goes much more in-depth on the hyd2 discussion than the japanese community....