[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Kabuki Doll

[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Post by Kabuki Doll » Jul 22nd, '06, 05:00

Yes or no?
I must know!
If anyone has any information, please share.
Thanks. :-)

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 22nd, '06, 23:48

if they do, i hope it won't suck as much as mg2...so disappointed by that one.

hjowing

Post by hjowing » Jul 23rd, '06, 13:49

maybe yes...
and maybe next spring...
i've seen this u~w~a~s~a before

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 23rd, '06, 14:18

Omg that'd be SO awesome!

pubbie

Post by pubbie » Jul 23rd, '06, 17:05

I can't see what the plot would be like, seems like they didn't really leave openings for a strong red thread.
Hmmz, maybe mysterious guy in stairway and lead actress chick will hook up; they could throw in a criminal element in the form of one of F4 goes criminal; a school rivalry about a nonsensical object or event; placing one of the F4 in a dilemma, having to chose between love and popularity. Hahaha, I suck, need to cut back on the drama watching

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 23rd, '06, 17:07

imagine that HYD2 gets the idea of the storyline from MG2 lol...

RionZ

Post by RionZ » Jul 23rd, '06, 17:28

pubbie wrote:I can't see what the plot would be like, seems like they didn't really leave openings for a strong red thread.
Hmmz, maybe mysterious guy in stairway and lead actress chick will hook up; they could throw in a criminal element in the form of one of F4 goes criminal; a school rivalry about a nonsensical object or event; placing one of the F4 in a dilemma, having to chose between love and popularity. Hahaha, I suck, need to cut back on the drama watching
From what I've heard, there's plenty more story to be told, since it was based off a long manga. So we might see some fresh direct continuation plot/storyline for the sequel season...

...if there is a sequel season :lol

pubbie

Post by pubbie » Jul 23rd, '06, 21:57

Oh, its based on a manga? Didn't know that, thanks RionZ.. now I know that theres a real story-line and that they won't do like the soaps on tv with evil twins, pills given to some people to make them fall in love, one-dimensional characters appearing from nowhere for airtime filler, etc.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 23rd, '06, 22:02

i think there's going to be an HYD 2 or at least a special cuz jun (domyouji) said that he was asked to come back to play dom again... and that he'd only play dom if shun was cast as rui again!! YAY!! GO JUN!! I LUV U BABY!! :wub: JUN X SHUN FOREVER!! :alcoholic:

prismatic_star

Post by prismatic_star » Jul 23rd, '06, 23:51

No no no!!! I don't want them to make a sequel!! I'm too afraid that the director will hack the beautiful drama into pieces! :cry:

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 24th, '06, 06:13

i like shun (rui) what other drama do you guys recommend seeing him in?

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 24th, '06, 16:13

xYuki wrote:i like shun (rui) what other drama do you guys recommend seeing him in?
gokusen season 1... he plays uchiyama haruhiko (this show also stars jun matsumoto(domyouji) in it)
summer snow... he plays a deaf kid named jun (lol)
stand up (DEFINATELY SHOULD WATCH)... he plays a horny virgin named enami koji aka: ko-kun (AND U GET TO SEE HIS ASS :O :wub: :P )

he's in a few others and a few movies but these r the main ones that shun is in and he's friggin sexy :D

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jul 24th, '06, 20:48

xYuki wrote:i like shun (rui) what other drama do you guys recommend seeing him in?
you can check out shun's wiki for a list of filmography he's been in~ :)

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 24th, '06, 20:53

thanks! yeah ive been thinking about dl-ing stand up. too bad it's not in a batch file...

Kabuki Doll

Post by Kabuki Doll » Jul 25th, '06, 03:41

RionZ wrote:
pubbie wrote:I can't see what the plot would be like, seems like they didn't really leave openings for a strong red thread.
From what I've heard, there's plenty more story to be told, since it was based off a long manga. So we might see some fresh direct continuation plot/storyline for the sequel season...

...if there is a sequel season :lol
Yeah that's given me some hope that there will be a season 2, because the manga goes on much longer than the show has...only 9 episodes? That equals about 1 manga!
Kawaii Kinomoto wrote:i think there's going to be an HYD 2 or at least a special cuz jun (domyouji) said that he was asked to come back to play dom again... and that he'd only play dom if shun was cast as rui again!! YAY!! GO JUN!! I LUV U BABY!! :wub: JUN X SHUN FOREVER!! :alcoholic:
Haha...interesting couple there. It would be hot though, I admit that. :wub:

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 25th, '06, 16:12

Kabuki Doll wrote: Haha...interesting couple there. It would be hot though, I admit that. :wub:
YES it would be! :D and it works cuz jun and oguri shun have been best friends since gokusen... and maybe even before that :wub: and this is a little off topic but oguri shun is best friends with nino too and obviously jun and nino r close... oguri shun and nino spent valentines day together!! :w00t: they're like a sweet hot couple!! :wub: :alcoholic:

xYuki

Post by xYuki » Jul 26th, '06, 21:18

they're totally having a 2nd season....did everyone see the "see you soon" at the end of the last episode?!! please be better than meteor garden 2!

GodsGirl7

Post by GodsGirl7 » Jul 26th, '06, 21:34

Hm. I'm gonna treat it as rumor until I hear something confirmed, but I think it's a likely possibility! I would be so excited. :D

Someone asked what else Oguri Shun is in... I just found out that he's gonna be in the Detective Conan drama this fall! As none other than Shinichi! (I hope I got the name right, I haven't watched much of the anime. :P)

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 27th, '06, 02:12

GodsGirl7 wrote: Someone asked what else Oguri Shun is in... I just found out that he's gonna be in the Detective Conan drama this fall! As none other than Shinichi! (I hope I got the name right, I haven't watched much of the anime. :P)
YES YES!! SHUN IS GONNA BE SHINICHI!! :D detective conan is the best anime ever!! and SHUN is gonna be in the drama!! i SO CAN NOT wait to see it!! but i would have preferred a drama to just a special... but either way i cant wait!! :cheers:

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jul 27th, '06, 02:26

xYuki wrote:they're totally having a 2nd season....did everyone see the "see you soon" at the end of the last episode?!! please be better than meteor garden 2!
oh, i hope so too. please be better than MG2...

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 27th, '06, 03:49

angeizahoy wrote: oh, i hope so too. please be better than MG2...
i've never even seen MG... i've heard from a few people that it's not bad... but from most people i've heard it sux so i think i'm going to stay away from it... as far as i'm concerned despite the fact that the taiwanese group the "F4" was created after MG... no one can beat the REAL F4 matsujun, oguri shun, matsuda shota and abe tsuyoshi... i dont care how popular the taiwanese group is but to me the HYD cast will always be the ONE AND ONLY F4!! :D

aznkether

Post by aznkether » Jul 27th, '06, 19:32

Hana Yori Dango is based of a shoujo manga (girl's manga, where they are thin with big sparkly eyes), I had read up to Volume 30, if my memory serves correctly, where HYD the drama ended was only up to, at most, Volume 7-9ish. And also, I had read up to Volume 30 like...more than 2-3 years ago, so I don't know how much more of it is out or if has ended already.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 27th, '06, 21:52

i've only read the first 4 mangas cuz i dont like reading manga on the computer and am too poor to afford buying 36 mangas @ 12 bucks each :P... but so far the first 4 have been great so i hope i can read the rest eventually but i've heard that A LOT of the manga wasn't covered in the drama so it should be easy for them to make a sequel or special or movie or something! i just hope they use the same cast as season 1 or i'll cry :-(

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 27th, '06, 22:56

omg lol.... there was rumor about second season the day the series ended... but nope not seeing a second ... so ye... rumors :cry: :cry:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jul 27th, '06, 23:07

omg lol.... there was rumor about second season the day the series ended... but nope not seeing a second ... so ye... rumors :cry: :cry:

Tensai

Post by Tensai » Jul 29th, '06, 01:12

The series actually ends where the manga does, iirc. Haven't finished it yet, but yes there is a lot more to the manga and anime series. Both are good, but don't live up to the drama. The anime would have been better if not for the worst choice of music direction ever.

They could bring in her childhood friend, but I don't know how well it would work. He really isn't much of a love interest though.

I vote for taking the cast and doing Host Club

-Ten

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Jul 29th, '06, 15:04

Tensai wrote: I vote for taking the cast and doing Host Club

-Ten
LOL! Fully agreed.

I think that the HYD drama, as much as we'd like to see it evolve, should stay put.
I mean, unless the producers and writers have some ingenious plan and have it all set out and everything.

blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by blueeyedwolf » Jul 30th, '06, 08:30

The series actually ends where the manga does
Actually... it doesn't. Owning and having read the complete series over and over, I pretty much know the story in and out. The way they ended HYD was not really how it ends in the manga. Yeah, Doumyouji leaves to study economics and all, but it's after or right before graduation. And he doesn't leave because he lost to his mother. It was because his father collapsed.....I hope I'm not spoiling anything for anyone....

In this HYD drama series I noticed that they merged a lot of the characters and the storyline. One, Sakurako was a mixture of Kazuya (Tsukushi's childhood friend) and her high school friend Makiko. Two, Ayano was a mixture of Doumyouji's fiancee (Shigeru) and Ayano who is a fiancee of this other guy that likes Tsukushi. He's the son of the Prime Minister or something.....wasn't an important character for me so I didn't really pay attention about him.

I could go on more about the whole difference thing, but I've leave it here.
yes there is a lot more to the manga and anime series. Both are good, but don't live up to the drama.
Yes I agree there's WAY more juicy stuff in the manga....though I found the anime a bit distrubing. It was almost the same as the manga to a certain point, but then it suddenly went off course and ended very oddly and abruptly. I personally don't recommend it. Though, if you are a die-hard fan of HYD as myself, you should at least watch it and decide for yourself....I was suckered.

As far as the manga not living up to the drama? I totally disagree. Unless you really have submersed yourself into the original manga world of HYD, you will never know how great the story actually is. Believe me, you'll never wanna stop reading it. The drama was cool and all, and I loved it, but in my opinion it will never live up to the manga. Sorry...just my opinion.
The anime would have been better if not for the worst choice of music direction ever.
Totally agree with that one. The music totally sucked!

Ardatliilii

Post by Ardatliilii » Jul 30th, '06, 15:24

I've seen and read everything HYD related because I really love the story. I personally don't mind when a director or something takes personal liberty with a story and makes a few changes, especially because I generally become obessed with something and then watch and read everything related to it, so it's nice to not be seeing the same exact story over and over. Of course, this applies to changes within reason. Meteor Garden II was a disgrace. I think the main point of HYD is the unwavering undying love that Tsukasa has for Tsukushi. MGII oversides that completely. I really enjoyed the amnesia part of the manga so at first I thought they were going to do something similar... but then it become this monstrocity, full of drama cliches. I really like the Jdrama version of HYD.... even though I'm not a big fan of Jun. A secone season would be awesome.

blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by blueeyedwolf » Jul 31st, '06, 00:11

I personally don't mind when a director or something takes personal liberty with a story and makes a few changes, especially because I generally become obessed with something and then watch and read everything related to it, so it's nice to not be seeing the same exact story over and over.
I agree. I'm actually glad that the HYD series was a bit different than the original story. It added a bit more flavor to my HYD obsession. But I was disappointed that some of my favorite scenes from the manga never made it into the drama. Owell.
Meteor Garden II was a disgrace.
Really? I haven't seen MGII yet. I've seen MG though. I wonder if I should at least try it.....
I really like the Jdrama version of HYD.... even though I'm not a big fan of Jun. A secone season would be awesome.
Me too. I'm not a huge fan of Jun myself, but a second season would be awesome. I wonder if it'll be the same cast?...if they ever have one.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jul 31st, '06, 00:30

blueeyedwolf wrote:
Ardatliilii wrote:Meteor Garden II was a disgrace.
Really? I haven't seen MGII yet. I've seen MG though. I wonder if I should at least try it.....
Believe us, MG II was so not worth the 31 episodes. it dragged.........and basically the whole story line dragged and sucked.
Dao Ming Shi ended up with amnesia from episode 2 to nearly episode 30!!
The only plus was the beautiful setting in Barcelona (it was actually shot in Barcelona, Spain too! :)) and that I got to see my Vic Zhou and Ken Zhu again~ unless you're a fan of Jerry Yan and Vanness Wu. :lol
blueeyedwolf wrote:
Ardatliilii wrote:I really like the Jdrama version of HYD.... even though I'm not a big fan of Jun. A secone season would be awesome.
Me too. I'm not a huge fan of Jun myself, but a second season would be awesome. I wonder if it'll be the same cast?...if they ever have one.
I admit, to some people, MatsuJun isn't good-looking.........but (and I think I've mentioned this time and again) his looks grow on you. Usually, it's the roles he take on that has me falling for him. Plus, I find him to be a pretty good actor.......even if he is a screen/mike hogger when it comes to the Arashi's concerts and recordings. :whistling:

and it'll really suck if the original cast was changed! If that's the case, then I rather there not be a second season. I think the cast is just as important as the storyline when it comes to sequels! 8)

Ardatliilii

Post by Ardatliilii » Jul 31st, '06, 03:58

Meteor Garden II was a disgrace.
I really like the Jdrama version of HYD.... even though I'm not a big fan of Jun. A secone season would be awesome.
MG was awesome. MGII just, it's just, awful. I think if I explained why it's so awful I'd be spoiling it for you. It's worth watching if your a fan of the hyd story line. Otherwise I think it should be skipped. I was so frustrated the whole time I was watching.

___

Also I agree the Jun's looks grow on you. But he's just not hot enough. *sigh* I liked him slightly more in Kimi Wa Petto. I just love Tsukasa's character so much I was disappointed that he played it. I loved the guy that they picked to play Rui though. He was perfect. Strangely enough... Rui was always my least favorite character in the manga and the anime but in Meteor Garden II, Tsukasa pissed me off so bad I really wanted her to end up with Rui. He got all super romantic and awesome towards the end. Also the actor that played him was ridiculously hot.

*nose bleed*

blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by blueeyedwolf » Jul 31st, '06, 07:57

lilswtangel wrote:
and it'll really suck if the original cast was changed! If that's the case, then I rather there not be a second season. I think the cast is just as important as the storyline when it comes to sequels!
I totally agree. Even though I really don't dig Jun, I think it's best to have him and the rest of the original cast come back. :-)

Ardatliilii wrote:
Also I agree the Jun's looks grow on you. But he's just not hot enough. *sigh* I liked him slightly more in Kimi Wa Petto. I just love Tsukasa's character so much I was disappointed that he played it. I loved the guy that they picked to play Rui though. He was perfect. Strangely enough... Rui was always my least favorite character in the manga and the anime but in Meteor Garden II, Tsukasa pissed me off so bad I really wanted her to end up with Rui. He got all super romantic and awesome towards the end. Also the actor that played him was ridiculously hot
I totally agree. Actually the first drama I ever seen him in was Kimi wa Petto. I watched it because I liked Koyuki's acting, but I do admit, by the time the series ended I felt he played a good Momo. I also liked him in Gokusen. Of couse only because he didn't talk much. :P I was also disappointed when I found out he was playing Doumyouji, but I was glad that Oguri Shun was playing Rui. Rui was my second fav of the F4 so I was totally for Shun portraying him. By the way, does MGII have the same cast? And who's who? I only know them by their character names.....I personally liked Dao Ming Shi and Hua Ze Rei. Of course that's Doumyouji and Rui :mrgreen:

Ardatliilii

Post by Ardatliilii » Jul 31st, '06, 09:00

Yes it does and they add a new cast member who was supposed to be some sort of eccentric beauty/free spirit who is trying to escape the oppressive shackles of her birth. Ugh. There was just something about that particular actress that pissed me off. I think she kind of looked like a muskrat, and of course she was ruining the delicate balance that is the romance between Dao Ming Sz/Doumyoji and Shan Tsai/Tsukushi. Boooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh boo I'm just going to go out and say what I hated about it. Read at your discretion spoilers ahoy.
So first we have this muskrat who crashes into Doumyoji who is on his way to propose to Shan Tsai using a supposedly accursed ring that she saw and wanted. He subsequently looses his memory, only to be taken in by free spirit muskrat girl. He tries to find out about his former self only to be thwarted by his mother who takes this as the perfect opportunity to have the son she always wanted since now he can be molded... being a clean slate and all. Meanwhile he and muskrat girl fall in love *gasp - freaking blasphemy, in the manga he shuns the girl who tries to woo him during his memory loss, not only is it a gross misrepresentation of what is a basic plot point that Tsukasa can only love Tsukushi, freaking massive period, but they fall in love doing lame cheesy typically romantic crap like drinking from and sculpting coconuts instead of beating each other up and insulting each other which we all know is the proper way to fall in love in the HYD world. As if that weren’t enough, oh no, Dao Ming Sz actually becomes a massive douche to Shan Tsai thinking she's after breaking up his happy love affair in an evil shifty eyed way. Lo and freaking behold our rodentia free spirit is actually the absentee runaway princess of Bhutan. Deeming her the perfect candidate to be Dao Ming Sz future wife because the marriage would exalt the Dao Ming family to the status of Royalty. But of course, she has some life threatening illness that will slowly kill her in the most horrible way... she won't be able to move so she can't continue her beautiful free spirited art work, "I draw people's backs because no one can see their own back tee hee" nor will she be able to fulfill her life's dream which is to see the whole world because she she'll lose her sight as well (cue the smallest violin, please). Rei, sees all this, becomes disgusted and resolves to take Shan Tsai from Dao Ming Sz. Eventually, Dao Ming Sz finds out about the illness and takes her to travel the world before she dies (which she never does, pfft because they found a donor or something... that would have been the best moment of the drama – stupid rodent home-wrecker) even though he had already remembered his past with Shan Tsai. Essentially he chooses the other girl. Then he goes and asks for forgiveness and Shan Tsai takes him back. So he gets his rodent cake and eats it too. What I wanted was for him to get a hardcore smack for his disloyalty and for her to have ended up with Rei. Rei falling for Shan Tsai and forgetting his love for I forget her name - the model- was an interesting shift from the manga and the anime. I liked that change. Everything else was garbage. It was just a series of coincidences and horrible miscommunications that the audience is led to believe happened because of the cursed rings... that kind of plot line if not done correctly can really irritate viewers. You'll find yourself saying "AHH IF ONLY THEY HAD WAITED AN EXTRA SECOND" at least 237489274928379 times per episode. It was just super stressful and irritating for people who are fans of the original works because it just completely abandons any regard for anything HYD related. *dies*

In any case, I hope the Japanese do a better job with a second season or might have to commit seppuku on some director or writer's front lawn.

hereford

Post by hereford » Jul 31st, '06, 09:44

i hadn't read the manga or seen the anime. but since i really like high school drama (and am a big fan of jun and shun) i decided to watch it. it also helped that i am the biggest fan of ryuhei matsuda, so i was like i must see his little brother act, too bad shota's role was rather small.

i really liked the drama alot. i don't know what the story line of the manga and anime are as far as time line goes, so i dont know what else there is of the story to tell. but i think maybe a season two would be good.

as far as jun's looks i think it has alot to do with his HAIR. i know the character of doumyouji was supposed to have really unruly and curly hair infront on his head. it did NOT look good on jun at all XD.
it was miles better than the abomination on his head currently. well hopefully he took the long, curly, princess extrensions out of his hair for Arashi's current tour.

he looks best with straight hair, and the gokusen / kimi wa petto fluffy head.

nuintheriel

Post by nuintheriel » Jul 31st, '06, 14:40

heyya all! i'm new to this forum.. so.. yoroshiku onegai shimas! ;)

after watching HYD, i fell in LOVE with oguri shun! and i do agree, i wanted to kick matsu jun's cute little bottom at the beginning of the series, but as i continued watching, i find myself attracted to him! he is a brilliant actor!

oh! can anyone confirm or clear this up for me? I heard that Nishikido Ryo was suppose to play the part of Hanazawa Rui, but he didn't make the height restrictions. Hee.. thats cute. but i would've loved to see Ryo play Rui!

I wanna marry Ryoooooooooooooooo!! Ryo-chan~ Daisuki!! *hugs*

s0l1dsn8k3

Post by s0l1dsn8k3 » Jul 31st, '06, 15:22

I believe there will be a season 2 or a special as well, as it was kind of implicated at the ending.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Jul 31st, '06, 17:52

nuintheriel wrote: oh! can anyone confirm or clear this up for me? I heard that Nishikido Ryo was suppose to play the part of Hanazawa Rui, but he didn't make the height restrictions. Hee.. thats cute. but i would've loved to see Ryo play Rui!

I wanna marry Ryoooooooooooooooo!! Ryo-chan~ Daisuki!! *hugs*
ryo-chan??? hontou ni?? i've never heard this before and as much as i LOVE LOVE LOVE ryo-chan i dont think he really would have made the best rui :unsure: and hehe yes ryo is so short and chibi compared to rui! lol... but it would have been interesting to see ryo and jun act together... maybe in the future they can act together in a drama :P

i think oguri shun was the PERFECT hanazawa rui and it made me luv him even more!! :wub:

nuintheriel

Post by nuintheriel » Aug 1st, '06, 11:44

but then again!! ryo looks like the dude who played Hua Zhe Lei in MG. but waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy cuter!! ;) and his acting skills are brilliant as proven in 1 Litre of tears! I love Ryo-chan~

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 1st, '06, 17:13

nuintheriel wrote:but then again!! ryo looks like the dude who played Hua Zhe Lei in MG. but waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy cuter!! ;) and his acting skills are brilliant as proven in 1 Litre of tears! I love Ryo-chan~
i haven't seen MG so i wouldn't know... but the roles that ryo usually plays are the guy who the one of the main girls falls in luv (or vice versa) with so i could see him fitting that part of the role cuz in GI saki's character falls in luv with him, in 1LoT he falls in luv with aya, and in AP aya's character falls in luv with him.. so i think it's kinda a trend in ryo's dramas :P

but rui is also kinda player-ish like when he goes to the bar with the rest of the f4 and is making out with that girl and stuff!! lol i dont see ryo fitting that part of the role... i think it would just be kinda akward for ryo anyways...lol... plus i think that shun and jun have better chemistry together than jun and ryo do despite the fact that they're both johnny's

tisa

Post by tisa » Aug 1st, '06, 17:39

I'm currently watching MG and it's even better than the anime but i'm in episode 16 right now and i hope the plot will develop according to the manga in the rest of the episodes as well.
In manga Tsukasa looses his memory for not even a volume how could they drag that for almost the whole series in MG2? Horrible. I'm not watching. Thanks to the one who told me that.

Japanese HYD didn't seem like Hana yori dango to me at all and i'm almost 100% shore they can't catch the spirit of the manga in the sequel as well because it's to late. I can't forget the plot in the first season which even folowed the ending of the manga so how can they continue the story according to the manga anyway. I think they have no other choice but to write their own script.

nuintheriel

Post by nuintheriel » Aug 1st, '06, 23:19

but wouldnt that be interesting to see what they can come up with? i just hope it wont kill the first season!

kawaii kinomoto!! after thinking about what you said, i spose your right! shun and jun have more of a chemistry than anyone else. when they were at the airport and rui was supposed to leave for france, i cried. and i dont cry watching movies and tv shows.. *blush*

side topic : does anyone know where i can dl an eng subbed version of ganbatte ikimasshoi?

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 1st, '06, 23:51

nuintheriel wrote:
side topic : does anyone know where i can dl an eng subbed version of ganbatte ikimasshoi?
PBFansubs (Pretty Boys Fansubs) is in the midst of subbing this......so far they have to episode 8 subbed.

However, they're offline at the moment...but they'll be back next month~

"Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..." ~ Ward Sexton

Junfan21

Post by Junfan21 » Aug 1st, '06, 23:56

AHHH!!! I really hope they do have a season 2 of HYD, b/c it was really awesome, but I'd probably only watch it if it had the same cast! I have a question for anybody that reads this, what would you reccomend meteor garden season 1 and 2 to me, b/c I'm trying to figure out right now if I should watch it or not.

Kawaii Kinomoto

Post by Kawaii Kinomoto » Aug 2nd, '06, 02:34

nuintheriel wrote: kawaii kinomoto!! after thinking about what you said, i spose your right! shun and jun have more of a chemistry than anyone else. when they were at the airport and rui was supposed to leave for france, i cried. and i dont cry watching movies and tv shows.. *blush*
hehe...lol yea i cried @ that part too... but i cry a lot during jdramas and tv shows/movies...lol!! i also cried in the finale when dom is on the plane and the mom stops it so he can see makino and then they start talking and he's like "you cant help it... u've fallen in luv with me..." and she says "yea i fell in love with someone who's selfish and rude and..." and then he cuts her off and just hugs her!! and then kisses her!! AHHH!! SO SWEET!! AND SO DAMN JEALOUS OF INOUE MAO!! LMAO!!

but yea oguri shun and matsujun have been best friends for a LONNNNNG time now so i think that's why they played their roles so perfectly as well... i think if either actor was different then it would have made a HUGE difference in the show... like say jun was domyouji and hanazawa rui was uh.... kamenashi kazuya... how akward would THAT be? especially for jun!! so i think the fact that he already knew shun allowed him to act better as domyouji

tisa

Post by tisa » Aug 2nd, '06, 14:01

Junfan21 wrote:AHHH!!! I really hope they do have a season 2 of HYD, b/c it was really awesome, but I'd probably only watch it if it had the same cast! I have a question for anybody that reads this, what would you reccomend meteor garden season 1 and 2 to me, b/c I'm trying to figure out right now if I should watch it or not.
Metor garden definitely but skip the season two. Tthat's my opinion.

mili_xox

Post by mili_xox » Aug 2nd, '06, 21:43

tisa wrote:
Junfan21 wrote:AHHH!!! I really hope they do have a season 2 of HYD, b/c it was really awesome, but I'd probably only watch it if it had the same cast! I have a question for anybody that reads this, what would you reccomend meteor garden season 1 and 2 to me, b/c I'm trying to figure out right now if I should watch it or not.
Metor garden definitely but skip the season two. Tthat's my opinion.
Gawd i agree. If only had taken this advice earlier. I watched season one and FELL IN LOVE with then BOTH and was SO happy when they ended up together. Then i watch first episode of season 2
and i was SO disapointed... i mean if it had been a little problem i'd watch it but HIM FORGOTTING her and the entire season being based on him having another life and slowly remembering her?
Gah...

But I really would like to see another season of Hana Yori Dango. Believe it or not i liked it much better than meteor garden i. I liked the actors much better and the girl's personality wasn't as... bratty i guess i could say. I loved the way they did it, they way they set up the scenes and Makino's responses to Domyoji's actions. In Meteor Garden i think shancai was too into Lei.

If the director made season 1 so well I'm sure he can fix up a great season 2. :D

ainangst

Post by ainangst » Aug 4th, '06, 04:43

GOOD NEWS MINNA!!! :mrgreen:

it has been confirmed, there will be a season two with the ORIGINAL CAST
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment ... 04/01.html
http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanayoridango/news.html
credit to ames_909@lj for the news

filming/airing is scheduled in January & it will be airing in Taiwan as well

No_Moon

Post by No_Moon » Aug 4th, '06, 04:58

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20060 ... 18-spn-ent

According to this, the decision to have a season 2 of HYD has already been made, folks. No more wondering!! We got ourselves a season 2 this fall. *commences rejoicing* :D :D

anchan

Post by anchan » Aug 4th, '06, 05:10

OMG. i think i'm going to cry...HAPPY TEARS!!! i love matsujun!!!!!!!

i believe it's the same cast..from what i can understand from the site????

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 4th, '06, 07:26

OMG! That's awesome news... FOOO!~

s0l1dsn8k3

Post by s0l1dsn8k3 » Aug 4th, '06, 16:31

No_Moon wrote: We got ourselves a season 2 this fall.
It says that season 2 will air in 2007 January, not this fall. Don't get your hopes that high just yet.

renney_lim

Post by renney_lim » Aug 4th, '06, 16:50

i don't mind to wait until jan07, coz time walks so fast...yeahhh..finallyy... there'll be hanadan 2!!!!!

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Aug 4th, '06, 17:16

I don't know about a HYD 2...PLEASE don't make it suck and drag like MG 2

uae_girl

Post by uae_girl » Aug 4th, '06, 18:12

thanks god theres a season 2 .......................... iam carzy on that drama iam so much haapy

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Aug 4th, '06, 18:31

horndogbuddhist wrote:I don't know about a HYD 2...PLEASE don't make it suck and drag like MG 2
ahah...i dun fink it will be as awful as MG2... coz...i reckon that they will pick up from where they left off in the manga...and will still stay true to it.. unlike MG2..
we'll proLii see wut happens when domyouji aka matsujun comes back from his "trip"...mwahahahah...and mebbe a lil more romance b2ween rui and tsukushi? hahah..i must be dreamin...

No_Moon

Post by No_Moon » Aug 4th, '06, 18:56

@s0l1dsn8k3 Oopsies, I didn't read carefully enough. Thanks. ^^;;;

Btw, has there been news about who's going to star in both season 2 and the movie?? The recent re-casting of Nana for its continuation makes me a bit nervous. :-(

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Aug 4th, '06, 19:15

hmmmm...from wut i can understand from the news article..they are still using the same casts...coz after all..it wudnt be HYD w/o the original casts!! ^^

Meiyi

Post by Meiyi » Aug 4th, '06, 19:31

ainangst wrote:GOOD NEWS MINNA!!! :mrgreen:

it has been confirmed, there will be a season two with the ORIGINAL CAST
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment ... 04/01.html
http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanayoridango/news.html
credit to ames_909@lj for the news

filming/airing is scheduled in January & it will be airing in Taiwan as well
I'm very happy about this news because I like the first season. So I hope that the season 2 will good too :D

thebazel

Post by thebazel » Aug 5th, '06, 00:34

I figured I'd post a translation for all the fellow excited fans.

Original http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment ... 04/01.html

Hana Yori Dango revived! Wishful voices for a continuation delivered.

TBS’s Hana Yori Dango, broadcast last year from October to December, will be revived around January next year.From during the original broadcast, wishful voices for a continuation flooded in and the heroine, Inoue Mao (19), and leader of the cool guy brigade “F4”, Arashi’s Matsumoto Jun (22), will be re-gathering.

The original production is the same name famous comic by Kamio Yoko. Audience members are invited to the show’s homepage to take place in a program to indicate which episodes from the original work they would like to see the continuation cover.

During the October period, Hana Yori Dango acquired first place ratings (19% in the Kantou District according to video research), and put great pressure on shows like TVAsahi’s 熟年離婚.

For the poor girl who goes to rich kid’s school, Makino Tsukushi, Inoue Mao has been appointed, and for the high school and F4 leader, Doumyouji Tsukasa, Matsumoto has been appointed. Both have fit their roles well.

During the broadcast, the homepage’s bulletin board was flooded with requests for a continuation work. As of now the homepage’s total views have reached over 170,000,000, which set an all time record.The original work that is sold by Shueisha comics has reprinted and sold about 4,120,000 issues since the release of the drama. The also continue to publish the perfect edition which currently is reaching past 7,000,000 issues, and the total sales have surpassed 55,000,000 issues.

The original work and drama have become so popular, the production company has determined to make more. Inoue and the 4 of Matsumoto’s F4 will be returning.The original work was serialized in Shueisha’s Margaret magazine from 92-03 in great abundance. Producer Setoguchi Katsuaki explained he wants to use everyone’s (the audience’s) opinions in making season 2.

On the top of the homepage from the 4th to the 31st, “Scenes I want broadcasted from the original work” requests will be taken and used to influence the script. Characters that did not appear in the first season as well as many other requested things will be considered to be put on air.

“Because (this show) is such a powerful production, I’m personally very happy to be able to continue it. I really want to rip out(explore) Tsukushi’s weed spirit (strength).” said Inoue happily. “It’s thanks to the original work’s fans and the viewers” said Matsumoto appreciatively. Part 1 is being broadcast through each nation Asian, “I want part 2 to be looked forward to by everyone overseas” he said.

If you spot any mistakes let me know. :salut:

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Aug 5th, '06, 00:56

I AM SO EXCITED!!! This is my favorite manga/anime/drama/awesome thing ever :D

tainted_crimson

Post by tainted_crimson » Aug 5th, '06, 01:24

Wasn't the artist continuing the manga, or at least writing a special entry to cover what happened after Tsukasa comes back? I remember reading about it a few months ago... Because the second season could be covering something like that, with the author's help... well, it would if the production team was smart, anyway. (I really don't get why people feel they have to take a story that was so well loved and deviate from the author's plans... just ask for the author's help already, you idiots!)

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 5th, '06, 04:36

YOROKONDE~ :alcoholic:
I really like to see development in the Rui-Doumyouji-Tsukushi triangle.
It sounds so sex.

i'mNOangel

Post by i'mNOangel » Aug 5th, '06, 18:03

OMG there is gonna be a second season but i have too wait too next year.....can't wait.....

satoshi_kun

Post by satoshi_kun » Aug 5th, '06, 18:07

OMG!! That's great news. I can't wait!! :cheers:

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Aug 5th, '06, 20:38

SWEETNESS

BOYchan

Post by BOYchan » Aug 6th, '06, 22:53

theres going to be a movie?

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Aug 6th, '06, 23:18

tainted_crimson wrote:Wasn't the artist continuing the manga, or at least writing a special entry to cover what happened after Tsukasa comes back? I remember reading about it a few months ago... Because the second season could be covering something like that, with the author's help... well, it would if the production team was smart, anyway. (I really don't get why people feel they have to take a story that was so well loved and deviate from the author's plans... just ask for the author's help already, you idiots!)
there was a bonus story printed earlier this year I believe.. where...
It's only been like a year or so since Tsukasa left but he feels like Tsukushi isn't keeping up her end of the deal. Rui has been spending a lot of time with Tsukushi so Tsukasa gets a mad on and whatnot..

Everyone ends up going to Paris for Shizuka's wedding to a Parisian dude.. but in Paris there has been a serial killer on the loose and can you guess who ends up getting attacked by said serial killer? That's right Tsukushi.

Tsukushi reflects on her life and how no matter what she loves Tsukasa. Tsukasa ends up finding her and telling her that she always gets herself in trouble but he will always be there to protect her. It all ends happily with them kissing.

There is a lot more to it but I don't think I can type that long lol
You can download the bonus story from Shoujo Manga Downloads

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 7th, '06, 10:40

On the official HYD website, there are is a section that requests for 'what scene you want to see' in the HYD drama.

Sounds very interactiveeeee~

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Aug 7th, '06, 10:49

wow..........im droooooooooolinggggggg all overrrrrrrrrr!!!

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Aug 7th, '06, 11:28

Mmm...
Can't wait for January 1st to come~
Let's hope that RAWs come out same day, 'cause I'd be uncapped then~!

Diabolix

Post by Diabolix » Aug 8th, '06, 21:39

I'm so excited about this. I hope it will be as good as the first season...hmm...

Catt101

Post by Catt101 » Aug 8th, '06, 23:24

yippe yippe im excited i cant wait till this comes out!

isuzu

Post by isuzu » Aug 9th, '06, 04:00

Season 2!!!!! oh my gosh, i am soooo excited. o quickbunny, where is shoujo manga downloads? i really want to read that special, and i have looked everywhere, but i cánt find it. can you point me in the right direction?

ndoodles

Post by ndoodles » Aug 9th, '06, 04:18

WOWW!!! Season 2!!!!! Yay! I really wanna know what happened when Tsukasa leaves so my answers are being answered. THANK YOU people who make HYD, thank you!