[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
mawchan

Post by mawchan » Mar 19th, '07, 09:00

Man this drama is beautiful, so interesting compare to the chinese version the girl was a bit ovveracting and not as good as the Japanese version. Jun matsumoto is not very handsome or anythin, but he's role as doumyoji is really perfect...I love this drama mostly because it's an interesting story(and not very long i hate it when drama reach more than 30 episodes..lols) and shun oguri is in it... :wub: :D Kyyaaaa suteki...kakoii...^^, it's a very good drama worth wacthing...i should give bows to the staff that make this drama...*bows**bows* :salut: :cheers:

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 19th, '07, 09:04

big problem, what to watch now that i have a huge hole where HYD2 went??
I'm definitely watching "Haken no Hinkaku" next. It was the big buzz show for Winter 2007 and a kind of mini-comeback for Ryoko. Really, 2007 looks like a big comeback year for J-dramas.

Spring season is going to be SO busy for me. You got Proposal Daisakusen, starring Yamashita Tomashisa and Masami Nagasawa. You got Bambino, where MatsuJun is a chef. (May I have extra parmesan on this pasta Doumyoji-kun? Squee . . .wait, is this angel hair pasta or is this just a curly hair? ) You got J-drama adaption of one of my favorite K-dramas Hotelier starring Aya Ueto. Oh, and Matsuda Shota (Sojiro) is pairing up with Toda Erika. Might watch that.
always saw it as a modern-day Pride and Prejudice and I agree with everything you said. I'm so glad I discovered j-doramas and these forums to muck about in.
Indeed. If Jane Austen listened to Prince and grew up on Humingway, the sweat honey of P&P most definitely would have been Doumyoji. Colin Firth with a perm is teh hotness! ;)
I really loved the cabin scene as a re-telling of the elevator scene. To me, it was the emotional climax of the series. Pretty much after the cabin, you know that they'll never be a part again. It's settled that they'll be together
I mostly enjoyed how the entire season 2 (sometimes the show got lazy) played off scenes from season 1, both from establishing the depth of Doumyoji and Makino's relationship, but also in honouring the HYD canon and their faithful. Because the writers understood M+D, their way of taking liberties with the story spoke well to the fans. Even their interpretation of the original manga ending was pretty spot on -- it was meant to be a kind of bittersweet cliffhanger, hightening the uncertainty of their relationship and also separating what would be the "first love" stage from the "long term relationship" part.

Everything about 2nd season was context. Many, many scenes in the 2nd season were deliberately reintrepreted to not only parallel, but comment scenes from the 1st. The punching bits, the Junpei storyline, Saturn necklace, etc. And that is how "second chance" relationships are often like; you see the same frustrations, the same joys in new things.

And I love the changes in both Makino and Doumyoji, especially Dounmyoji. The Ken scene in Episode 11 was very moving, because I couldn't see the manga Doumyoji do it. It was, rather, what I hoped the manga Doumyoji would do someday in that situation. He had a humanity, a sense of tortured concern, coming from -- not a half-monster or a reformed prince-- but a humble, grateful man. Over 2 years -- over 2 long years -- the weed of Makino's love had reached the deepest roots of his being. He may not show it often, and he couldn't show it in the high-school daze of the manga, but this man expressed his humanity from the bottom of his weary, weary soul.
The elevator scene, one of my favorite D+M moments, was retold in the cabin scene, and it was the perfect example of this. The elevator scene was their first date, and it was the first time Makino actually warms up to Doumoyji. The cabin scene was the purification of their relationship -- their "second innocence" -- it was the clear singular point where Doumoyji falls in love with Makino again. It's not so much about Doumyoji recovering her memories; it's about Doumyoji re-experiencing "love" again and finally sharing with Makino just what it felt to him.

It's what I loved about the 2nd half of Episode 10 and Episode 11; Makino didn't just want Doumyoji to recover his memories; she wanted him to fall in love with her one more time. She wanted, proof for her heart, that Makino's innate nature and Doumoyji's innate nature would find each other again.

And it's the same thing with Doumoyji and Episode 11. He realizes, when he had the cookie, that his lost memory was "love." It was the feeling, the desire and instinct to protect (and implicitly the storage of his humanity) and he wanted to find it again.
The cabin scene is probably the most moving scene in the entire show. Because, like so many Korean melodramas, it's about the tethering otherness of innate souls. It's about, in a way, presenting to the divine the case for love between two peoples, who themselves can not express or put into words the depth of their dreams or suffering for each other.

The elevator scene is about two kids in love. That is Hana Yori Dango before New York. The cabin scene is about two adults rediscovering love. That will probably be the Hana Yori Dango after New York, when Kamio writes the sequel. Makino's tears transcends her previous heartache, because for the first time, Doumoyji -- in his recollection of their moment (which to him is all coming back to him as a fever dream) -- can express just how deeply, deeply, deeply loved her.

I loved how the writers let Inoue Mao respond in silence. She doesn't say anything for awhile; she just weeps. In a darkness beneath the veil of her bangs. She is allowed to weep. And weep. Before Makino finally tells him "thank you."

The cabin scene is the baptism of their love between the adult Makino and Doumyoji. It is free once more.
And I bring up the JunMao vibe because in last season's outtakes, you could really pick up Mao's quick sarcasm and Jun's dorky sweetness outside of the scenes. It was infectious, like Mao would bait Jun to do something like a bossy younger sister, and Jun would just get all bashful and wacky around her. It's very . . .oppa. ;)

And, so, intermittingly through 2nd season (especially when there was a happy scene), both actors sort of went out of character and kinda played off each other. She would take over their interaction, and he would kinda oblige and guffay and smile like a silly fool. Precisely the opposite of how D&M usually works. It was hella cute.

We got a huge dose of that in the finale. Most enjoyed that. :D
Throughout the years of anime, manga, movies, specials, etc. the fans never got what they wanted to see, an outright proposal, until now. The prayers of the millions of HYD fans worldwide were answered, as our dream finally came true.
Exactly. And it's the fervor of the faithful that made the ending possible. Without the ratings and obviously the extra, we wouldn't have seen that kind of spectacle. I never thought Season 2 was going to work, and well it ended up better than the first. And altogether, Hana Yori Dango -- running 20 episodes -- was like a K-drama retelling of the manga and a kind of love letter to the fans. It was, all in all, a way of extending HYD into the concerns of young adult love, of what M&D would feel like after New York.
It's also the writers providing a completion of Doumyoji and Makino, and its the show's final case for making JunMao as the definitive M+D, and one of the really great romantic couples of recent J-drama. (Masami and Yamapi has got their work cut out for them. ;) ) We will probably never see something like this ever again in a J-drama. The show carried the weight of its expectations and history and managed to be almost the definitive expression of Kamio's story. It won over us.

funki3

Post by funki3 » Mar 19th, '07, 09:15

belleza wrote:Also, with a rating of 27.6 and 2nd to Karei this season, it's the 10th highest rated finale since 2000, and at least the 5th highest rated finale not starring Takuya Kimura.

Ah, that story finale was beautiful, beautiful. With Episode 10, the writers made a great move by giving us, once again, the old Makino and Doumoyji. The amnesia arc did what it intended to in the manga -- but more succintly and successfully here -- that is to rekindle what made M+D the most famous romantic couple in shoujo. His pride, her prejudice, their endearingly volatile but enduring bond.

If Episode 10 was about bringing back Makino's old school weed-power, Episode 11 was about bringing back Doumyoji's wild fire. It's about reminding them -- and us -- that when it comes to love, the weight of the memories and baggage are not as important as the basic natures of two people. It's what both people forgot this year before Doumyoji forgot. And it's what they finally remember in Episode 11. They've changed; they are still the same. And I'm happy that through episodes 10-11, they established Rui as the caretaker of M+D's relationship, true to the manga.

Just some non-spoiler-ish thoughts:

1) The prom ending was more about the Hana Yori Dango fans and the firepower ratings it generated this season. The raw spectacle was the show telling the fans "thank you" and saluting the performances between Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao. Make no mistake -- that whole scene was dedicated to them as much as to the characters Doumoyji and Makino.

2) I felt such complete closure this time. The first season was about requited love and hope, and also about uncertainty and the strength of love against the unknown. It was about letting them go, like parents watching their children go to college, worrying and wondering how they will and could be. And, mind you, the manga ended with that feeling too.

This 2nd season was about full circles, about 2nd chances, about magic and loss, and then rekindling. And above all, it's about how people grow up and become realistic about themselves and each other, and yet a force beyond ourselves -- the promise of the Saturn Necklace -- will bring and keep you and your true love together. Again and again. No matter what. No matter how. You will return to each other. You two will change now and change in the future, but your bond will be the same, And in that way, you two will remain the same.

3) If first season was really Doumyoji's story, he discovering his humanity through love of Makino. 2nd season was Makino's story, to finally put faith and honesty into love above the practical reality of their relationship. 2nd season finally answers the pride vs. prejudice, sense vs. sensibility, "boys over flowers" conundrum. Doumyoji and Makino finally learn to be true to each other; they realize, finally, this will become the inviolable lock of their Saturnian bond.

4) Let's face it -- second season was also about JunMao taking over the roles. At various points in the finale, both actors really stepped out of their characters and started to interact with other as friends, if not more. You saw a casualness, an easy, genuine intimacy between the two people that we didn't see last year, and we rarely see in J-drama shows. Many of their cutesy scenes together played like improvisation, and their prom scene really played true to that.

5) Inoue Mao looked gorgeous in the cabin scene. Perfect dark setting, hair, and watery eye bits. Some of her reaction shots for this episode is about as good a J-drama usually gets.

6) Doumyoji still knows how to wear loud, loud outfits. Yikes dude, you forgot Makino but not your aluminum foil suit collection? Yeesh

7) We're on page 500! Salutation to you guys making this the most active drama (if not actor) thread in D-addicts. Hope to see you guys in the future in some of the other threads (*ahem* Proposal Dakuisen *ahem* Bambino *ahem*)

that was a wicked awesome summary, i couldn't have agreed with you more. ahh, now i don't know what to do with my friday nights

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 19th, '07, 10:08

@belleza :blink everything i could ever say about hyd fades away in front of such a great summary :scratch:

i just saw the last ep again and u know what i`ve got the feeling that tsukasa
realised that umi wasn`t the one he loved and dated before the loss of memory,ever since he saw her crying,,,,shortly after he saw makino crying....when he saw makino crying,his instinct told him to just go and hug her tightly....his heart felt like it was being squeezed and ached with every tear she shed....but when he saw umi crying he didn`t feel anything....love works in misteryous ways ne? :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 19th, '07, 10:36

@Lee . . .
BTW, loved the acting Mao did for her reaction shot when Makino finds out about cookiegate. I imagine they did quite a few takes in order to get the watery eyes reaction. It didn't sink in to Makino that he could actually, truly forget her. To feel nothing whatsoever toward her presence. Cookiegate tore her heart.

As long as Makino played a "sanitized" version of herself, Doumyoji didn't react to her kindly at all. She was literally not the Makino that he fell in love. Her tears was the first genuine Makino reaction Doumyoji saw after his amnesia. And so the heart, if not the head (and certainly not that hair!), sought for her. . .
with every tear she shed....but when he saw iumi crying he didn`t feel anything....love works in misteryous way ne?
Love is just. Sometimes. Okay, only during J-dramas. ;)

But it goes back to the Saturn necklace, their faithful "lost and found" pendant that speaks for their love and their star-crossed bond. Doumyoji, after all, gave her this necklace because he could find no adequate words for his love for her. And Makino keeps reaching for her necklace because she cannot deny her own hope for their relationship -- her fundamental need to hold onto Doumyoji -- however she tells herself it can't work.
Hmm, I was reading the AF JunMao thread. From a blogger present at the shooting, Jun and Mao practiced kissing ten times prior to shooting their smooch scene. Friends, neh? :D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 19th, '07, 10:41

i luv the way these small things like the saturn necklace and the cookies get such a major importance in their love stories... :wub: they might look insignificant for the ones around them but for those two,they have such an important significance! :blink ten times? :lol yeah.... they`re "friends" :lol :lol :lol :lol

zi91

Post by zi91 » Mar 19th, '07, 13:03

Hmm.

in my views i find the last scene of the kissing part weird.

makino is pulling domyouji's scarf towards her and she's gonna kiss him. to me, i think that domyouji should at least looked surprize by that. this will make the scene cuter, in my sense.
he looked so emotionless when makino kissed him. it just looks weird in my eyes.

how i hope mao and jun will get into another drama serial together!! they should do so. and even include the same actors/actresses/producers/screen writers and lots! they'll sure be able to create another peak! :lol

ML_dxb

Post by ML_dxb » Mar 19th, '07, 13:12

hmm.. since hana yori dango is over ='( ..sniff ( god im so gna miss HYD since i was always looking forward to what will happen nxt )
now what can i watch everyweek? any suggestions ( wish it were the same as HYD, or atleast have a similar story..with the same actors, sniff! )

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 19th, '07, 13:20

@belleza: *gives a standing ovation* i love your words! i want to cry after reading them! yeah i'm a sucker for the d&m romance haha!

but i don't get it with the punching bit though?

hmmm but isn't makino getting angry with him the first glimpse of the real makino? i loved the way she shouted tako! at him haha!

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 19th, '07, 13:27

@zi91 totally agree!!!! i love junxmao chemistry! it's really hard to find actors with their chemistry! *prays really hard for a junxmao drama (but no s3 of hyd)*

"And I bring up the JunMao vibe because in last season's outtakes, you could really pick up Mao's quick sarcasm and Jun's dorky sweetness outside of the scenes. It was infectious, like Mao would bait Jun to do something like a bossy younger sister, and Jun would just get all bashful and wacky around her. It's very . . .oppa. ;)

And, so, intermittingly through 2nd season (especially when there was a happy scene), both actors sort of went out of character and kinda played off each other. She would take over their interaction, and he would kinda oblige and guffay and smile like a silly fool. Precisely the opposite of how D&M usually works. It was hella cute.

We got a huge dose of that in the finale. Most enjoyed that." <---ahhh yes!!!!!! so true!!!! i love them!!! haha!

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 13:32

Holy crap , I just watched ep 11 again. It's better the 4th time around. :wub:

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 19th, '07, 13:33

I've been telling that a new series same cast would be great. But I would like a very different story from this one. But as crazy as Hanadan has been.

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 19th, '07, 13:36

@Archaenon wahaha! i've watched it like 5 times!!! i can't get enough of the cabin scene!

@mcg true true! but i don't know about the chances of that happening T_T but i'm still praying haha!

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 19th, '07, 14:57

LOL! It just occurred to me, that if we had the male cast (F4) plus some other male acts (dunno, have no preferences, I love Yamapi or Nagase Tomoya from TOKIO, but I also know some people get tired of Jyannis being in doramas...), and the girls (Mao, and the girls who played Yuuki, Shigeru and Toda Erika, who I've seen in a couple of dramas, and she's really funny too, also the actress that played Tsubaki... maybe adding Aya Ueto... LOL!) they could make a guys against girls plot. Something like a sexes war, whatever. LOL! Just place it in a College Campus or something more adult. A drama that could have hilarious parts like Kisarazu Cat's Eye but at the same time having tender scenes like Hanadan had...

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 19th, '07, 15:34

OMG Just read in a Spanish Arashi board that 3rd season has been confirmed :S

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 15:35

mcg wrote:OMG Just read in a Spanish Arashi board that 3rd season has been confirmed :S
WAIT? WHAT? WHY????????
WHAT CAN THEY POSSIBLY DO...

how true is it , is thier a link or something to official tbs website? I hate rumors. >< esp ones I don't want.

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 19th, '07, 15:42

I've just found this link, but I don't read Japanese, sorry.

http://ameblo.jp/kottyan/entry-10027489154.html

Anyway, in that board they were confirming the rumor and saying that they will start shooting on July, is this possible?

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 15:51

According to that website , the profit margin and the success of HYD 1 and 2 has prompted talks of another season.

It makes it feel like the season finale was a waste if they do another one. I mean really what could happen now? Tsukasa stab Rui for trying to have an affair with Tsukushi???

>..<

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 19th, '07, 15:57

Archaenon wrote:According to that website , the profit margin and the success of HYD 1 and 2 has prompted talks of another season.

It makes it feel like the season finale was a waste if they do another one. I mean really what could happen now? Tsukasa stab Rui for trying to have an affair with Tsukushi???

>..<
You gotta be kidding me that would be such a waste to season 2
:glare: If they really want to make more money off HYD that bad just make a SP showing the F4 taken over their family buisness with Domyoji & Makino having a wedding at the end of the episode. But, a whole new season 3 is just crazy :crazy:
Last edited by marie_23 on Mar 19th, '07, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 19th, '07, 15:57

XD I voted for No Season 3, I rather watch an SP so we can get to see the wedding. Plus if they make a Season3, better get more of the manga to be based on. Using the situations from the previous manga would be too weird now. If Kamio sensei has in mind to publish what's after the One shot, then it's ok having a Season 3...

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 19th, '07, 16:01

mcg wrote:XD I voted for No Season 3, I rather watch an SP so we can get to see the wedding. Plus if they make a Season3, better get more of the manga to be based on. Using the situations from the previous manga would be too weird now. If Kamio sensei has in mind to publish what's after the One shot, then it's ok having a Season 3...
Your so right I was thinking that too! about if Kamio Sensei is asked to help with writing for a season 3 then it might just work. Kamio sensei published more of the series HYD after that one shot. But, I don't see her doing that since she is still working on her other series "Cat Street" right now.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 16:04

All that can be fit into a 2 hour special. No need for another season. I can understand the stuff after the one shot. I mean , it's beating a deadhorse if they make another season , not to mention PISS ME OFF FOR HAVING WANKED OVER THE LAST ESPISODE OF SEASON 2 FOR SO LONG AFTER 10'S CLIFFHANGER. :x

Gah , A special , not a new season. ><

Deleted User 100869

Post by Deleted User 100869 » Mar 19th, '07, 16:06

I personally think a season 3 isn't the BEST idea, but it's not the end of the world. However.... fall of 2009?! More than two years! If they are going to make a season 3.... make it sooner, or stop talking about it.

Oh and LOVVVEEED season ending, makino should've totally slapped umi though. She's too nice. :roll

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Mar 19th, '07, 16:25

A season 3? I can't imagine any plot for that. And I don't really want a season 3, but I'm not completely negative about that, because they might be able to have a good plot which wouldn't let the ending of season 2 be senseless. But ... that might be difficult.
But as I admire all those who took part in creating Hana Yori Dango series, it's not impossible.
Of course I would watch again^^
I just hope they won't do a 3rd season only for the money. And if any of the actors wouldn't take part in it I can't possibly like it. Because HYD isn't HYD without them >0<

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 19th, '07, 17:02

Hey, if anyone wants to see an American drama story kind of similar to Hana Yori Dango. Then look for Anne of Green Gables the tv drama series I watched along time go when a friend rented from a local library. It's kind slow in the start of the series but really picks up in plot as the drama goes on and it's so fun to watch. I think the series was made in the mid 1980's. The tv series was such a HUGE hit that had many Sequels.

If you watch Anne of Green Gables you'll notice similar things to Anne Character as to Makino's and get this in the series her main love interest is the guy who bullies her at school named Gilbert Blythe. I don't want to give to much away of the plot because it is a good tv series. But if you do happen to watch it you'll notice the same somewhat similar story line it has with Hana Yori Dango.

Oh, another I suggest you guys watch is "Boy Meets World" American tv series, though it is not a drama but more a comedy with romantic overtones. It was still so fun to watch the actors grow up (literally I mean they were 12 when the show started and I think 20 when it ended) during the progress of the series the two main characters fall in love.

Anyway, now that HYD has official ended I think if fans of the show look around at other old and new dramas they may still find a series with HYD themes in it. :-)

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 19th, '07, 17:15

For you anime fans here: There was an extremely popular Anne of Green Gables anime run (I think) in the 80s. Some people speculate that Anne was the principal model for Tohru Honda of Fruits Basket, since the manga-ka was (I think) a big fan of the story.
Anyway, in that board they were confirming the rumor and saying that they will start shooting on July, is this possible?
I think Bambino will make that unlikely. That show is going to extend into June. Unless Matsu is taking a serious vacation from Arashi, I just don't see another HanaDan project this year, if ever. Also, Matsuda Shota has his own show with Toda Erika too.

That said, TBS had a rough patch last year with their shows. You could kinda sense the desperation when they decided to run both Kimataku and HYD shows this winter. The fact that HYD was actually outperforming Kimura's show for a few weeks really spoke to the success of the show. Depending on how their other shows perform this year, TBS will probably push for another season, especially in paying Matsu, Shun, and Mao big money.

I think the only real story left from HanaDan is the Amon arc. Maybe the bit with them crashing on an island. I mean, kinda scraping the barrel, you know? Also, I just don't think Oguri Shun would want to play a support role again. The ShunJao Gokusen combo was a BIG fangirl pull; ya don't want to mess with that.

The only thing I can see is that they make HYD3 into a showcase for Arashi, i.e .bring in Nino as a love rival. The Arashi community will throw down when that happens. Or if they bring in Nanama Yuki and recharge Yuki/Matsu. Dude . . . JunMao vs. JunKie. The teacher vs. the student. :D

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 17:19

belleza wrote: The only thing I can see is that they make HYD3 into a showcase for Arashi, i.e .bring in Nino as a love rival. The Arashi community will throw down when that happens.
Haha , I can't see Nino being a love Rival... =p That's just me though. ( arashi fandom ahoy )
I dunno , if they do a third season , i'd be mad if they cut short Bambino because I'm looking forward to it. I would also hate to see Arashi spend anymore away time from making tasty music. =x Choices Choices...

kiki

Post by kiki » Mar 19th, '07, 18:10

as much i love hyd, i hope they don't season 3. seriously what there to talk about. they accept each other. the mother accept them already. the only thing you could do is the wedding speacil which i wants to see. but that all. don't milk for all it worth. kind remind me of huan zhou ge ge . part 1 and 2 are good but 3 suck beyond. so stop it. let us had nice memorie about it.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 19th, '07, 18:47

belleza wrote:For you anime fans here: There was an extremely popular Anne of Green Gables anime run (I think) in the 80s. Some people speculate that Anne was the principal model for Tohru Honda of Fruits Basket, since the manga-ka was (I think) a big fan of the story.
I think Bambino will make that unlikely. That show is going to extend into June. Unless Matsu is taking a serious vacation from Arashi, I just don't see another HanaDan project this year, if ever. Also, Matsuda Shota has his own show with Toda Erika too.

That said, TBS had a rough patch last year with their shows. You could kinda sense the desperation when they decided to run both Kimataku and HYD shows this winter. The fact that HYD was actually outperforming Kimura's show for a few weeks really spoke to the success of the show. Depending on how their other shows perform this year, TBS will probably push for another season, especially in paying Matsu, Shun, and Mao big money.

I think the only real story left from HanaDan is the Amon arc. Maybe the bit with them crashing on an island. I mean, kinda scraping the barrel, you know? Also, I just don't think Oguri Shun would want to play a support role again. The ShunJao Gokusen combo was a BIG fangirl pull; ya don't want to mess with that.

The only thing I can see is that they make HYD3 into a showcase for Arashi, i.e .bring in Nino as a love rival. The Arashi community will throw down when that happens. Or if they bring in Nanama Yuki and recharge Yuki/Matsu. Dude . . . JunMao vs. JunKie. The teacher vs. the student. :D
I forgot all about the Anime for Anne of Green Gables...I watched some of it and thought it was cute :-) But, I much prefer the live action Anne of Green Gables :wub: I don't know why but it's so much more fun to see your favorite characters acted out in a real life formate. When I saw Hana Yori Dango the anime I thought the characters looked weird :crazy: Though it was still a pretty good anime :-)

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 19:27

mcg wrote:OMG Just read in a Spanish Arashi board that 3rd season has been confirmed :S
Ahh no way! *passes out* :pale:

I ... (sad as it is!) really hope they make a third season (with the same people) I have been reading, watching (the shows and movies) for 3 years now!! And I have yet to see an ending where they get married! :blink :x

Its killing me!! God only knows why I would want to see such a thing happen but I just do?

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 19:40

O_o Are you sure that's not just a rumor? I doubt a 3rd season would be confirmed so fast, pus MatsuJun is working on Bambino. There's no way he can cope with all that work. I won't believe it until there's an official announcement. -shrug-

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 19:44

Yes yes like wise :-( ...

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 19:44

there isn't so much more to take from in the manga to make a third season.. even tho Im a bit sad that they didn't include my fav part of the manga, where Domyoji and Makino end up in a *cough*not*cough* deserted island!

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 19:47

Yeah same here I loved that part!

Now that I think about it they left out a lot of stuff...

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 19:49

yeah.. but if the had to fill in all parts that they left out, we would probably end up with a series with over 100 episodes :D

it's also sad that Yuuki didn't have the change to cut her hair!! :(

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 19:51

Yeah!

Funny you talk about the hair cut I was thinking about that the whole time! :w00t:

I was just waiting for her to just pop on screen with some short hair :x

I am kind of mad that they didn't add that!

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 19:54

yeah, in the manga that was like the big change for her that made her a really strong character that Makino could later lean on!
I like the dorama, but sometimes I missed that crying Makino that was in the manga, where she really showed her emotions.. while in the drama she only got a bit whiny, no big tears ^^;

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 19:57

Yeah but in the manga I think she kind of had it a lot harder than in the LA.

I am also kind of mad how they did the snow one ... *tear* the manga it was kind of a lot better!

I was waiting for Tsukasa to throw the flowers in that one girls face like he did in the manga (I loved that part)

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 19:58

Well since when did anime/manga adaptations cover everything? =.=" Never...taking into consideration that making 1 drama episode would cost way more to make than a volume of a manga. Everyone wishes stuff wouldn't be left out, but it's inevitable.

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:01

and I wanted to see Rui acting much more meaner towards Umi!!! :0
he only said like "I don't like her" and "you need to change from the bottom of your heart"!

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:03

foofeh wrote:Well since when did anime/manga adaptations cover everything? =.=" Never...taking into consideration that making 1 drama episode would cost way more to make than a volume of a manga. Everyone wishes stuff wouldn't be left out, but it's inevitable.
yeah, but it's always nice to think about how it would be if they actually could do it pretty exactly from manga into dorama!
it's only wish-thinking ^w^

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 20:06

Well said Mitani! *gives high five*

I know and like Rui was more spacy in the manga than in the LA he knew everything that was going on and they fave him more feeling...

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:08

Yes I know what you mean. :lol I was just saying.

Oh yeah. Another thing to add onto MatsuJun's list....he's filming Kiiroi namida with Arashi...wow he seems to have a lot to do. :blink

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 20:09

lol I know *hugs foofeh* Whats that movie going to be about ?

anva91

Post by anva91 » Mar 19th, '07, 20:10

WOOT! look at the power of this show. ended days ago but the thread just keeps oing and going. kinda like the enregizer bunny :]

LOVED THE ENDING <--HAD to say that :]

BEAUTIFUL storyline. it has sooo many like life lessons and morals and just "cute and heartwrenching" moments to satisfy me till "dare i say" next year! :D

and i CANNIOT wait till jun's new movie "i think im in love with my siter". if you watch the trailer he looks GORGEOUS ;]

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:11

wheeeee~~~ *high five*

Im not really the biggest fangirl of neither Rui nor Oguri, but I think he is a bit too passive in the LA, compared to when he is concerned about Makino.. except that one episode where he battled with Domyoji for Makino's hand xDDDD

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 20:13

mmm yeah! I rather liked that!! They also took a lot out of the New york!

Oh yes and the ball game I loved that!

Oh and anva91 I soo can't wait till that movie's out either! *jumps* I love the story line! and he does look soo hot *drools* in it!

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:16

Kiiroi Namida....I just know it's being based on a manga...and it's featuring all 5 members of Arashi. I don't know much...it's due out next spring. I should go do some research. :lol

BokuImoto was already released in theaters...just no DVD release yet so we can't see it here until then. I can't wait to watch...>,< I agree he looks gorgeous with that straight hair...though curly's pretty good too. XD

And...Bambino!
:offtopic:
-shot-
:lol

I was never a big fan of Rui&Oguri either. His character was nice but...I don't know I've always liked more aggressive characters like Domyouji. As for the actor...he's...eh-ish. I've watched all Shun's other dramas/movies but he's never really stuck to me. :lol

Something-Diabolical

Post by Something-Diabolical » Mar 19th, '07, 20:20

ooo can't wait till that come's out! *jumps* Thanks for the information! *hugs*

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:21

foofeh wrote:I was never a big fan of Rui&Oguri either. His character was nice but...I don't know I've always liked more aggressive characters like Domyouji. As for the actor...he's...eh-ish. I've watched all Shun's other dramas/movies but he's never really stuck to me. :lol
I also like them more aggressive and Oguri tends to get all those really passive roles where the only think he needs to do is look like he is thinking about things xDD
'cept "Stand Up!!" where I actually liked him a little bit...

dah.. too offtopic.... *hits herself*

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:35

Stand Up & Gokusen you see a fierce side :lol
Detective Conan....once again thinking...
The rest...I don't even remember. >_>;

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 20:36

I randomly made these earlier for my multi 3-d desktop. Since I can only have 4 , I only made 4. If anyone want's any others or have requests let me know. Thought HYD fans might like them. =3 + 1 Jun wallpaper I made awhile ago. =0

[img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9901 ... gl4.th.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3857 ... jy9.th.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1383 ... jm1.th.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2259 ... rj3.th.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9963 ... sc0.th.jpg[/img]

I'm doing a few more tommorow , If anyones interested go http://archeanon.livejournal.com[/url]
I didn't see a forum for this , so hope it's allowed. =P

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:39

foofeh wrote:Stand Up & Gokusen you see a fierce side :lol
totally forgot that he was in Gokusen xDD
need to rewatch them sometime soon, but I also have soo many series that I want to watch be fore that @__@

@Archaenon - awesome wallpapers!!! :DDDDDD
*saves to HDD*

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:39

Woooww I love your use of colors *O* <3 So beautiful...I shall save the last one...though what's up with his shirt being tucked in like that. :lol

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:42

Mitani wrote:
need to rewatch them sometime soon, but I also have soo many series that I want to watch be fore that @__@

*saves to HDD*
...same here. And with the new batch of spring dramas coming in...that's an additional 4or5 dramas for me...I don't know if I'll be able to keep up X____X;;; Oy. :XD

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:47

foofeh wrote:
Mitani wrote:

*saves to HDD*
...same here. And with the new batch of spring dramas coming in...that's an additional 4or5 dramas for me...I don't know if I'll be able to keep up X____X;;; Oy. :XD
I ain't even keeping up right now because I missed more space for storage the last 3 months, but finally got myself another 500gb HDD so now Im downloading all the winter season dramas I missed the last couple of months.. it builds up to a lot!! O__O
Im glad that I had enough space to download HYD while it was airing, but that was only because I got myself to delete a few animes that I knew I probably wouldn't want to watch again ^___^U

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:49

Oh psh, I'm on a laptop! x_x; I could only wish for a 500gb HD...I end up having to transfer a lot to small external harddrives as temporary storage as I burn the rest onto DVDs. Hana Yori Dango is the only one I've kept on my laptop because I'm always wanting to rewatch...:lol And I don't even bother to keep anime anymore it's such a hassle. >__>;

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 20:52

Im on a laptop too.. and the 500gb I just bought was a little smart western digital external HDD.. actually I store everything I download on HDDs, so I have to buy new ones every now and then, but I like that better than investing in dvds that I somehow end up burning corrupted either way ;___;

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 20:56

I end up getting stuff , and backing it all up on dvds until I get the actual dvd sets , so that I will always have room. Because of my art I run two 400 gig drives in my computer , so I always have space for my sinful Dorama pleasure. =x
Such as HYD and whatnot. <3<3<3

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 20:59

O,O
-insanely jealous-

Anyways
Backontopic

What do you guys think of Shota and Abe?

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 21:03

foofeh wrote:What do you guys think of Shota and Abe?
I really really like their acting. actually they are both soo hawt so I had a drool fit from time to time.. think that I might have t download some of the other dramas that they are in very soon :3
loooooved when Abe acted together with his two small "sisters", made me go "awwwww~~ I want a man like that!!" xD

nela302

Post by nela302 » Mar 19th, '07, 21:12

foofeh wrote:O,O
-insanely jealous-

Anyways
Backontopic

What do you guys think of Shota and Abe?
just had to say i just love them both. even though they didn't get major lines/ i still like them . i was overflowing with love in episode 11.

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 19th, '07, 21:15

I like both Shota and Abe. They fit their characters, but Abe isn't really much of a good actor. He's the worst out the 5 main characters anyway.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 21:18

I liked Abe more than Shota. Shota came off very fake to me for some reason , and Abe just seemed to be there. I think as lesser supporting characters they were alright. I think Yuki was a better less character than the both of them , then again , that's me.

I dunno , I guess I haven't seen much with Shota or Abe in them for me to pass any real judgement , but I did like Shota's side story a bit.

Hmm , Hmm , I kinda wish the remaining F4 would of ended up with someone as well. =/ I felt sad when I saw Rui alone , and Shota not having anyone , and Abe just not changing at all.

=<

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 21:18

Haha, I'm not even close to you guys in terms of hard drive space --- yet. I've got to save them to HD though because the DVDs will inevitably get trashed somehow.

mcg

Post by mcg » Mar 19th, '07, 21:23

WoW! Thanx for those wallpapers, I've got last one with Jun ;P

mmm, I've already said that season 3's news I've found them in a board. I don't know how true they might be, but I know they were saying 'rumors have been confirmed' so don't know. Anyway, seeing this has given more pages to this topic, I think it's good. LOL! But I only want a special. And more manga!

najimta

Post by najimta » Mar 19th, '07, 21:27

hahah i`m sad. i asked for handan 2 to reach 500 pages and i missed the 500th page. oh bleh.

i like both shota and abe. i think i like shota more though and its not just cuz he's in my opinion hotter. i think its cuz of the way sojiro was. i loved how in the 1 episode sojiro was like "i got really pissed at him [domyoji] when he said not to mention makino`s name.... thats not how a boyfriend should act" haha it was like finally! a guy with some sensibility and the funniest thing about that line is that it was coming from a playboy =]

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Mar 19th, '07, 21:34

I like both Shota and Abe. I think they acted very good and fit very good as F4 members.
I really love all the actors of F4, they fit together very well :thumright:

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Mar 19th, '07, 21:49

Mitani wrote:
foofeh wrote:What do you guys think of Shota and Abe?
I really really like their acting. actually they are both soo hawt so I had a drool fit from time to time.. think that I might have t download some of the other dramas that they are in very soon :3
loooooved when Abe acted together with his two small "sisters", made me go "awwwww~~ I want a man like that!!" xD
Ahhh I loved that too. :lol It was so cute that even though his dad's part of the underworld he's still the most understanding and kind and so loving to his family.

Why do people think Abe is a bad actor? I just want to hear peoples opinion on this lol...

tanuki-san

Post by tanuki-san » Mar 19th, '07, 22:40

Hmm, I didn't find Abe to be a bad actor but I felt a little bad that he was the only major character with essentially no plot/point/reason for being there. Even Shota got an episode all to himself.

Mitani

Post by Mitani » Mar 19th, '07, 22:44

tanuki-san wrote:Hmm, I didn't find Abe to be a bad actor but I felt a little bad that he was the only major character with essentially no plot/point/reason for being there. Even Shota got an episode all to himself.
but then again, he didn't have much story in the manga either, 'cept for a SP chapter where he came to understand why Rui and Domyoji like Makino so much!

junlover

Post by junlover » Mar 19th, '07, 22:45

tanuki-san wrote:Hmm, I didn't find Abe to be a bad actor but I felt a little bad that he was the only major character with essentially no plot/point/reason for being there. Even Shota got an episode all to himself.
Yeah, we only get to see his family, and even that wasn´t too much :glare:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 19th, '07, 22:48

junlover wrote:
But omg , his house was decorated with peeps , and his mom...his mom... O_o
His sisters were cute though. =x

junlover

Post by junlover » Mar 19th, '07, 22:50

Archaenon wrote:
junlover wrote:
But omg , his house was decorated with peeps , and his mom...his mom... O_o
His sisters were cute though. =x
Yeah, those kids were kawaii, and I´ve never seen a mother like that :scratch:
You know what even Susumu had his own episode. :pale:

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Mar 20th, '07, 01:07

i feel so lost without any more HYD to look forward to....what am i going to do every Friday now?....