[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango Season 2

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Jan 24th, '07, 15:58

Lifo wrote:Who's on Rui's side this season =) ?
i `m in between!!
sometimes i feel like i`m on his side especially when makino gets hurt by Doumyoji & he would run 2 be beside her , gives her a shoulder 2 cry on & when he supports her! at times like this i feel like it`d be nice 4 those two 2 be together

HOWEVER! when Doumyoji & makino gets together i keep telling myself :: no no these two r peeeerfect 4 each other! & at this moment i begin 2 hate rui 4 getting between them.. cuz whenever he`s around i feel that makino is being confused!

but in the end he`s such a nice person! & he`d be more good 2 makino as a friend not a lover!
:D :D

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 24th, '07, 16:34

speaking of Rui, I just remembered
there's rumor (in fact, more than rumor since it's from several sources) that Rui and Shizuka is going to turn out as "oh, Rui was just admiring her" kind and nothing serious.

Makes me think Makino and Rui feels the same way towards Shizuka. Shizu is a role model. Rui looks up to her. Makino too. But since Rui is a guy, he must have mistaken it for love.

I dunno...

I wish Wish WISH Rui's only making a move on Makino because he's trying to bring D and M back together but I'm starting to think Rui's not that good natured.

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Jan 24th, '07, 16:35

lols...i can never hate rui!! i mean i guess he cant help it if hes falling in love with makino right?

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 24th, '07, 16:45

Lifo wrote:Who's on Rui's side this season =) ?
I'm on his side when he comfort makino but not try to take another move to makino..

xxTsukushixx

Post by xxTsukushixx » Jan 24th, '07, 16:53

I hope Tsukushi and Tsukasa will be together again.
I really really like Rui very much, but Tsukasa is still my number 1 *loves*
But Rui is very nice as a good friend ^-^

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 24th, '07, 16:57

xxTsukushixx wrote:I hope Tsukushi and Tsukasa will be together again.
I really really like Rui very much, but Tsukasa is still my number 1 *loves*
But Rui is very nice as a good friend ^-^
yep yep!i mean it could have sense if he`s only making a move on her to help tsukasa and tsukushi get back together... it`s plain to see that a relationship between them is "no no!"!

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 24th, '07, 17:06

OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
OH MY GOD!!!
I just read the spoilers...
and What the hell they will do!!!!
Oh God!
I need to calm down.. and digest this...
I always suffer too much... >_<I>_<'

chack

Post by chack » Jan 24th, '07, 17:26

Ugh, damn cookies!

Anyways, Rui's side?
I'm always on Rui's side.

But in all the dramas I've watched, it won't happen.
I guess he'll be just another guy.

(Oh well, it's just a drama!) Me trying to get back to reality.

chack

Post by chack » Jan 24th, '07, 17:29

lsqB wrote:speaking of Rui, I just remembered
there's rumor (in fact, more than rumor since it's from several sources) that Rui and Shizuka is going to turn out as "oh, Rui was just admiring her" kind and nothing serious.

Makes me think Makino and Rui feels the same way towards Shizuka. Shizu is a role model. Rui looks up to her. Makino too. But since Rui is a guy, he must have mistaken it for love.

I dunno...

I wish Wish WISH Rui's only making a move on Makino because he's trying to bring D and M back together but I'm starting to think Rui's not that good natured.
Maybe he's going after what he wants, who knows?
But no matter, I think they'd still be together in the end.
Or heck, no one!

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 24th, '07, 18:11

i read not so long ago that there were ads all round tokyo saying the "onsen" scene would be in ep.3? i think after whats happened most recently, it could be soon. does any one know anything about it?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 24th, '07, 18:31

sambuk wrote:i read not so long ago that there were ads all round tokyo saying the "onsen" scene would be in ep.3? i think after whats happened most recently, it could be soon. does any one know anything about it?
maybe ep 4, but no onsen scene in ep3

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 24th, '07, 18:41

maybe ep 4, but no onsen scene in ep3
I have told this and the spoilers that lsqB wrote
confirm that.
Makino faint at her job and Tsukusa leaving everything was just like the onsen in HYDManga...
They replaced... what happening in shigeru's onsen will happening in a different way...
and already began..
I told.. i thought that for sure Rui would be the in the hospital when tsukasa comes... just like in the onsen...
And Spolier just said that.
Even though D is running to hospital, Rui gets there first.
Somewhere in this or the next episode, I think the hot spring scene where Shigeru does things to D...will be replaced by a hotel suite room where Shigeru does things to D.

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 24th, '07, 18:42

hmm...what might "do things" involve...i couldnt see it being much

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 24th, '07, 19:07

sambuk wrote:hmm...what might "do things" involve...i couldnt see it being much
well.. you know :whistling:
When Shigeru in HYD manga strip herself to Domyoji... trying to conquest him with her body...
and Domyoji refused her...
and says that he loves makino..
and that She can be mad with him and beat him how much she wants.
Last edited by makino_sanbr on Jan 24th, '07, 19:12, edited 2 times in total.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 24th, '07, 19:09

[quote="makino_sanbr]
When Shigeru in HYD manga strip herself to Domyoji... trying to conquist him with her body...
[/quote]

I hope he says the same thing he did in the manga.
word. for. word.

^_^

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 24th, '07, 19:12

haha well i can use my imigination for what it might be. i guess i just couldnt see it happening. i dont see shigeru as that, ijust seee her as fun, and amusing.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 24th, '07, 19:18

lsqB wrote: [quote="makino_sanbr]
When Shigeru in HYD manga strip herself to Domyoji... trying to conquist him with her body...
I hope he says the same thing he did in the manga.
word. for. word.

^_^
[/quote]

Ohhh me too \o/~~
Me too \o/~~
And
Shigeru on top of him...
crying and beating him...
So Sad... and so beautiful
\o/~~ This scenes that make Hanadan so special...
will be so sad if they make different...
**still can accept the saturn necklace scene >_<''**

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 24th, '07, 19:29

I found Doumyouji's house.

the actual set -> http://www.british-hills.co.jp/

apparently it's the British Hills in Fukushima
hmm I used to live in Fukushima...
Fukushima also has that amazing Hawaiianz water park. Anyone been there?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 24th, '07, 19:40

lsqB wrote:I found Doumyouji's house.

Nice! and apparently, from Jan - Mar. It's $110/ person (min. groups of 4) per night. Not expensive at all! I guess the expensive part is actually getting to Japan
http://www.british-hills.co.jp/stay/report15.html

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 24th, '07, 19:49

:O thats where h9is house was filmed, i dont get why its so cheap to stay there

shui chan

Post by shui chan » Jan 24th, '07, 20:33

Hmm.. I really hope to see onsen scene!
Basicly because of all your talking about this scene I downloaded VOL 18 XD
It's a really good scene! :wub:

And I just wanted to say that I really don't care (-I do care :mrgreen:- ) what will happen in this season as long as the ending wiil be HAPPY!
I won't be able to live with an open/sad ending :P

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 24th, '07, 20:35

i dont think ill be able to live with an ending fullstop. D: i hope they end it in a way that ends my craving for more :( if not ill have to watch all the anime and read all the manga, but after thbat ill be in constant dispair D:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 24th, '07, 20:58

auroragb wrote:

Nice! and apparently, from Jan - Mar. It's $110/ person (min. groups of 4) per night. Not expensive at all! I guess the expensive part is actually getting to Japan
*packs her baggs*see u all there!let`s get the party started! :lol

yzzil5

Post by yzzil5 » Jan 24th, '07, 21:03

auroragb wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am officially begging my dad to take me to Japan...NOW!

lol.

Concerning the "do you support Rui comment" NO! At the beginning of the first season I did, but as things went on I began to love Tsukasa (I dream about him 5 out of 7 nights a week), and now, for the last 3 episodes...I hate Rui, as harsh as that may seem >_>...He is annoying em with his 'googly-eyes-at-Makino-ways'!

Yay spoilers! I can now live through the rest of the week!

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Jan 24th, '07, 21:10

haha yzzil5 you're funny but i agree with u i'm on Tsukasa side too!!! Rui was pissing me off a little too

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 24th, '07, 21:11

yzzil5 wrote:
auroragb wrote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am officially begging my dad to take me to Japan...NOW!

lol.

Concerning the "do you support Rui comment" NO! At the beginning of the first season I did, but as things went on I began to love Tsukasa (I dream about him 5 out of 7 nights a week), and now, for the last 3 episodes...I hate Rui, as harsh as that may seem >_>...He is annoying em with his 'googly-eyes-at-Makino-ways'!

Yay spoilers! I can now live through the rest of the week!
lol,well i`m not hatting him as his not the king of person u could start to hate but i sure don`t support him cos i think that what his doing is wrong...it`s ok to give makino a shoulder to cry on but DON`T START MAKING MOVES ON HER! :x

shirlie

Post by shirlie » Jan 24th, '07, 21:22

I SUPPORT RUI! don't hurt me.

But you can already tell that Domyoji and Makino will be together from the intro since they're introduced first. The fact that they appear in promotions together in a pair rather than in a group of three further illustrates the importance of these two characters in the series. Rui's character is used to increase the tension in the plot and for extra teary-eyes scenes. SO even though I, myself would choose a guy who can take care of me and can show it the way that Rui does (I'm not saying Domyoji can't.. he still does even with the obstacles in his way), the series will not take a complete U-turn and put Makino with Rui.. unless they want a major uprising from hardcore fans. But think of the madness that would stir from them changing the ending.. hahah :P

=) back to studying

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 24th, '07, 21:47

Im really amazed to see the actual house. They actually filmed there. Koooool! :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 24th, '07, 22:05

shirlie wrote:I SUPPORT RUI! don't hurt me.

But you can already tell that Domyoji and Makino will be together from the intro since they're introduced first. The fact that they appear in promotions together in a pair rather than in a group of three further illustrates the importance of these two characters in the series. Rui's character is used to increase the tension in the plot and for extra teary-eyes scenes. SO even though I, myself would choose a guy who can take care of me and can show it the way that Rui does (I'm not saying Domyoji can't.. he still does even with the obstacles in his way), the series will not take a complete U-turn and put Makino with Rui.. unless they want a major uprising from hardcore fans. But think of the madness that would stir from them changing the ending.. hahah :P

=) back to studying
:lol everybody`s got the right of oppinion :P don`t worry domyoji`s supporters are not really that bad...joking...."bukorose!"(did i spell it right?) :lol i admit that in the first 2 eps from the first serie i did feel that makino would match perfectly with rui...then i started to understand tsukasa`s feelings,i started to understand why is he treating people like that and why does he act the way he does...he`s a really loving,carrying soul that longs to be loved :cry: plus just cos rui is the good guy that saves her everytime she`s in trouble doesn`t mean that he has the"right"to be with her nor that he loves her more then domyoji....maybe domyoji doesn`t show it so evidently but he loves makino more than anything in the world.....rui just happened to be the right guy in the right place that`s all!

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 24th, '07, 22:12

I'm actually kinda rooting for Rui. Look, Rui and Makino will not be together in the end. If the show is crazy enough to try that, the HanaDan army will angrily demand that they do a 3rd season or at least a SP. Hmm now there's an idea . . .

That being said, I'm enjoying the sweet vibes between these two. At least, it's a recourse from the 1 liter of tears that is Makino's love life. At least it'll force Doumyoji to reexamine his situation.

I do feel bad for Rui though. Not so much between him and Makino in the manga, but that you want him to find somebody, anybody.

About the Shigeru situation . . .
Definitely hope they do something like Shigeru throwing her body at him and giving the speech. It's SO brutal, you know? And Doumyoji has to say out loud what

Are they going to move her situation into a hotel instead of an onsen? If so, that means Rui and Makino are not going to be there. Huh, I think the scene would play better if it involved at least M and D too. Also, I can't see her be that desperate until after she finds out, you know? Gah. I'd love to see how closely they play to the manga in that way.

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 24th, '07, 23:14

quote]

lol,well i`m not hatting him as his not the king of person u could start to hate but i sure don`t support him cos i think that what his doing is wrong...it`s ok to give makino a shoulder to cry on but DON`T START MAKING MOVES ON HER! :x[/quote]

well didnt tsukasa sort of say to them hes given up on makino?rui makes me laugh with his whole *i'm distant* thing, like in ep.1 where he had his feet on the ting chair in tsukasas new york house and when he blew bubbles into the drink. but he doesnt really have anyone that matches him...or someone he likes, (except shizuka but they dont really match/fit like tsukasa and makino) so i cant see him being with anyone in the end...

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 24th, '07, 23:55

belleza wrote:About the Shigeru situation . . .
Definitely hope they do something like Shigeru throwing her body at him and giving the speech. It's SO brutal, you know? And Doumyoji has to say out loud what

Are they going to move her situation into a hotel instead of an onsen? If so, that means Rui and Makino are not going to be there. Huh, I think the scene would play better if it involved at least M and D too. Also, I can't see her be that desperate until after she finds out, you know? Gah. I'd love to see how closely they play to the manga in that way.
Makino and Rui will not be sharing the suite next door, but the love square is still there. Doumyouji won't be able to stop thinking about Rui kissing Makino as he stays in the suite with Shigeru, and Makino, possibly would not stop thinking about Doumyouji and Shigeru staying in the same suite as she's stuck in the hospital with Rui by her side.
it could still happen... ;)

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 00:08

here's a service for all rui fans...

under the spoiler tag is a picture from when they were shooting ep4. it's a practice scene guys!! ^__^
*I don't get how the img tag works, so here. you paste it into your url bar yourself.

http://mixi.jp/show_bbs_comment_picture ... number=197
the more I look at it, the weirder it looks haha

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 25th, '07, 00:23

Huh. I can't see the image. It leads to a login page?
i think that what his doing is wrong...
But I think what Doumyoji has done was wrong too. Disappearing from somebody's life without any explanation whatsoever really sucks. He knows their history, and he is betrothed to somebody else. As his friend, Rui owes Doumyoji only his honesty and Shizuka whatever consideration they have left in their relationship.

But, again, I don't know how "real" Rui x Makino could be. I don't doubt his feelings; he has always been honest about his feelings toward her. Rui is also the conscience of M+D's relationship, and like IsqB says, maybe he's testing limits.
it`s ok to give makino a shoulder to cry on but DON`T START MAKING MOVES ON HER!
Speaking of, I'd LOVE Soujiro to hit on Makino too. Forget love square, we'll have a full-on battle royale! :D

In any case, I'm really interested in how Inoue Mao plays Makino against Rui again. She's said in interviews that she was a Rui x Makino fan before taking the role. Jun most disapproved! :D

yzzil5

Post by yzzil5 » Jan 25th, '07, 00:24

lsqB wrote:here's a service for all rui fans...

under the spoiler tag is a picture from when they were shooting ep4. it's a practice scene guys!! ^__^
*I don't get how the img tag works, so here. you paste it into your url bar yourself.

http://mixi.jp/show_bbs_comment_picture ... number=197
the more I look at it, the weirder it looks haha
the link isn't working for me, just bringing me to a login screen...which does me no good *pouts and cries cuz i wanna see*

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jan 25th, '07, 00:30

belleza wrote: Speaking of, I'd LOVE Soujiro to hit on Makino too. Forget love square, we'll have a full-on battle royale! :D I
Omg! you know, in akira's manga special it's him that thinks to himself that he could go for a girl like makino (instead for older women) but he would never do that to a best friend (doumyoji). :wub:
I'd love a full battle too, hehehe, :lol

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 00:33

oh really? I guess they changed the system
before, I could direct link an img and it showed up.

here, I uploaded on photobucket
by the way...
if anyone's living in Tokyo, who's around college-student age, and wants to be part of the drama, they're still looking for extras --> http://www.tbs.co.jp/extra-boshu/

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 00:35

belleza wrote: she was a Rui x Makino fan before taking the role. Jun most disapproved! :D
I thought she said she was a Rui fan...not a RuixMakino fan.
there's a difference...isn't there?

I think Soujirou looks really hot in the drama, but I still wish Doumyouji and Makino will get together...

Kabuki Doll

Post by Kabuki Doll » Jan 25th, '07, 00:45

Whoa I completely forgot I even made this topic like six months ago...AND I HAVEN'T EVEN WATCHED THE NEW EPISODES *downloads*

o.O

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 25th, '07, 00:54

*sigh*

its nearly friday... *yahoooooooooooo*

I would LOVE to be an extra except I live all the way down-under its infact IMPOSSIBLE =\

KYAAAAAAAAA!! That practise scene in the picture you just posted is sooo kawaii!! :wub:

if tsuakasa wasnt such a retard (though I know he has issues) I really want to see the pairing of makinoXrui !!

kaikochan

Post by kaikochan » Jan 25th, '07, 01:01

lsqB wrote:oh really? I guess they changed the system

by the way...
if anyone's living in Tokyo, who's around college-student age, and wants to be part of the drama, they're still looking for extras --> http://www.tbs.co.jp/extra-boshu/
Ahhh that's so cute! I love Oguri Shun's expression there! XD Though I'm a Tsukasa x Tsukushi fan, Rui is certainly cute. I feel sorry for him a lot. :(
I wish I could be in Japan and be an extra, that be fun! XD

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 25th, '07, 01:18

I thought she said she was a Rui fan...not a RuixMakino fan.
there's a difference...isn't there
Ah, good point. She said she liked Rui more than Doumyoji, and even got a Kamio original drawing of Rui. I'm not sure whether that translates to MxR > MxD, but I guess I saw it that way. Jun's mock offense was really funny. :D

The vibe between them is SO siblinglike. Just really adorable.
Ahhh that's so cute! I love Oguri Shun's expression there!
Now, I've never been to Japan, but I believe over there kissing involved lips touching lips, not lips touching air. And Makino is a vision with that sickly pale complexion and hospital gown. Most romantic scene evar! ;)[/quote]

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Jan 25th, '07, 01:31

lsqB wrote:oh really? I guess they changed the system

by the way...
im completely awed by oguri shun's hair here!! :wub: :wub: i find it sooo incredibly hot for some reason!!!! hehe...i'd love it for rui and makino to get together...but yes i think makino and domyouji will still make the better couple

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 25th, '07, 01:37

somebody should photochop that and make their lips touch :)

GrR ChRiStInE TM

Post by GrR ChRiStInE TM » Jan 25th, '07, 01:59

Does the Drama follow the manga exactly? or does the drama drift of alittle?

daddeeslildefection

Regarding Hana Yori Dango

Post by daddeeslildefection » Jan 25th, '07, 02:26

Does anyone know of a site/place where I might be able to acquire Hana Yori Dango posters? A site would be most helpful if possible! Thanks!

daddeeslildefection

Post by daddeeslildefection » Jan 25th, '07, 02:30

it doesn't follow the manga completely, it does differ. For example, at Tusakka's birthday party where his mom gets Makino to 'play a song', in the manga she shows the mother up by playing the only song she knows and doing it well, but obviously in the show she just beats the crap out of the keys.
Last edited by daddeeslildefection on Jan 25th, '07, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 25th, '07, 02:30

Ooh, posters. But it's almost Thursday and I see no sign of a hardsub English episode 3. o.O Well I've only been checking SARS, so... XD So anyone know of hardsubbed ep. 3?

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 25th, '07, 02:38

Gorahgurl wrote:Ooh, posters. But it's almost Thursday and I see no sign of a hardsub English episode 3. o.O Well I've only been checking SARS, so... XD So anyone know of hardsubbed ep. 3?

arashi.vox has the hardsubs posted on her cluibbox account.. why not go for the soft subs?

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 02:44

[edited]
Last edited by lsqB on Mar 29th, '07, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

cherryflavored_Keita

Post by cherryflavored_Keita » Jan 25th, '07, 02:45

I don't quite understand the logistics of how the Onsen scenes will go in the drama, but I'm sure it will be good. I just wish it would hurry and happen!! I feel so frustrated watching this show... after that dynamic ending last season, there seems to be nothing but torture for us fans, having to watch Doumyouji be such a jerk all over again, as if nothing in the first season ever happened.

So far, that's my only complaint about HYD2: the characters, specifcally Doumyouji, grew up so much last time, as it was in the manga. But now, the story picks up in the middle of the story it was already telling, and they are acting like kids all over again (no matter how many times Tsukasa preaches about how he's "grown up".... idiot...)

Well, there's that, and there's the fact that there's no more Planetarium. But I'll get over it, seeing as getting a Hikki song as a consolation prize is not too much to complain about.

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 02:48

daddeeslildefection wrote:it doesn't follow the manga completely, it does differ. For example, at Tusakka's birthday party where his mom gets Makino to 'play a song', in the manga she shows the mother up by playing the only song she knows and doing it well, but obviously in the show she just beats the crap out of the keys.
wait...maybe I forgot, but I was pretty sure Makino was banging on the keyboard in the manga too. And either Akira or Soujirou follows by saying this is the newest jazz style in America, to try and fool Kaede.

but there is a difference between manga and anime and drama.
A better example would be, the graduation, or Makino's adventure in NY. those are drama-original. :D

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 25th, '07, 02:49

Oh, I don't have CB. x_x I'll just wait for SARS. But I would get softsubs, except after I finish burning 1LoT I'll be burning HYD 1 and 2, so I want the hardsubs.

cherryflavored_Keita

Post by cherryflavored_Keita » Jan 25th, '07, 02:51

daddeeslildefection wrote:it doesn't follow the manga completely, it does differ. For example, at Tusakka's birthday party where his mom gets Makino to 'play a song', in the manga she shows the mother up by playing the only song she knows and doing it well, but obviously in the show she just beats the crap out of the keys.
Umm, I believe she only does that in Meteor Garden. If memory serves correct, in the manga she banged the keys, just as it was this drama. I remember watching the show the other night and hoping they would copy MG, instead of having Makino make an idiot of herself, but when it happened, I REALLY liked it, especially that defiant look Makino gave to Kaede. Mao is doing such a heck of a job with this.

Edit: IsqB beat me to it.
Last edited by cherryflavored_Keita on Jan 25th, '07, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Jan 25th, '07, 02:52

Gorahgurl wrote:Ooh, posters. But it's almost Thursday and I see no sign of a hardsub English episode 3. o.O Well I've only been checking SARS, so... XD So anyone know of hardsubbed ep. 3?
Try this website, this person does hardsubbing for Hana yori dango 2. She has episode 3 and you can download it from megaload low quality but still really good.

http://arashi.vox.com/

Fleet

Post by Fleet » Jan 25th, '07, 02:53

2 more days till the next episode! I have nothing to do until then >:]

chack

Post by chack » Jan 25th, '07, 03:11

Lol, that was cute!

Referring to the practice scene with Rui and Tsukushi.

momotsuki

Post by momotsuki » Jan 25th, '07, 03:13

meli_chan wrote:
I think the idea of being with a guy who says to you: "I will try to love you", its really desperated... And Rui with Shigure?? :S
The scary thing is he acts like he could pull it off ... Dorama Doumyoji seems like he might actually manage to be interested in Shigeru, in part because, as others have pointed out, she SEEMS as though she would be perfect for him, a rich-girl version of Makino. And she's nice too, and much lese inhibited.

I also agree that Shigeru really is kind of tragic. In the manga I kept wishing she would find somebody to pair off with. Maybe here she will. Maybe it will be Jun if not Rui (no, I can't imagine it either). There's definitely a dearth of cute boys outside the F4 in the dorama, ne? I guess they blew the budget on Jun & Shun

baby_shin

Post by baby_shin » Jan 25th, '07, 03:32

hi...is the anime follow the manga? i know that the drama doesn't follow exactly...
i'm thinking to watching the anime, since i'm into hyd craze right now...

bewitched1101

Post by bewitched1101 » Jan 25th, '07, 03:51

crunchyroll.com has Episode 3 with subs already!!!!! but I like SARS versions better. So I guess I shall wait for them. even tho.....I can't wait to see it!!! YAY

chack

Post by chack » Jan 25th, '07, 04:00

Lol, aren't soft subs and hardsubbing the same.
It's basically the EXACT translation?

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Jan 25th, '07, 04:08

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Jan 25th, '07, 04:11

chack wrote:Lol, aren't soft subs and hardsubbing the same.
translation...if the hard sub and sof subs are done by the same people then yes translation is usually the same.......

however hardsubbing and soft subs are different.... hardsubs stay on the video while softsubs are a seperate file and are connected to the video so that there is an option to take the subs on and off

ilovehyd

Post by ilovehyd » Jan 25th, '07, 04:17

cherryflavored_Keita wrote:I don't quite understand the logistics of how the Onsen scenes will go in the drama, but I'm sure it will be good. I just wish it would hurry and happen!! I feel so frustrated watching this show... after that dynamic ending last season, there seems to be nothing but torture for us fans, having to watch Doumyouji be such a jerk all over again, as if nothing in the first season ever happened.

So far, that's my only complaint about HYD2: the characters, specifcally Doumyouji, grew up so much last time, as it was in the manga. But now, the story picks up in the middle of the story it was already telling, and they are acting like kids all over again (no matter how many times Tsukasa preaches about how he's "grown up".... idiot...)

Well, there's that, and there's the fact that there's no more Planetarium. But I'll get over it, seeing as getting a Hikki song as a consolation prize is not too much to complain about.
I see what you mean about Domyoji, But I gotta say, Even though it's weird, we all know that it suits him, and everyone falls in love with him that way. hah !

chack

Post by chack » Jan 25th, '07, 04:34

trunkims wrote:
chack wrote:Lol, aren't soft subs and hardsubbing the same.
translation...if the hard sub and sof subs are done by the same people then yes translation is usually the same.......

however hardsubbing and soft subs are different.... hardsubs stay on the video while softsubs are a seperate file and are connected to the video so that there is an option to take the subs on and off
Oyyy, I see.

kaikochan

Post by kaikochan » Jan 25th, '07, 04:37

lsqB wrote:a while ago they were doing a poster rally in the backstreets of Shinjuku.

pics-->

big posters:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0034.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0032.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0031.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0030.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0029.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0028.jpg

look at this wall o.o
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0026.jpg

close up of each character
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0014.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0012.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0008.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0001.jpg

and the prince....it's kinda creepy, really
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... ujun-3.jpg

here are those pics, close up and better quality. (guys, treasure these. Johnny's have a STRICT policy against any of their idols getting reprinted/redistributed unofficially. That's why on the official site, Matsujun's face is always replaced by a cartoon.)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d5.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d4.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d2.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d3.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d1.jpg

on the lamp post
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... gaitou.jpg
I completely treasure those pics of Jun. =D Thank you sooo much!

ilurrveniki

Post by ilurrveniki » Jan 25th, '07, 04:52

kaikochan wrote:
lsqB wrote:a while ago they were doing a poster rally in the backstreets of Shinjuku.

pics-->

big posters:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0034.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0032.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0031.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0030.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0029.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0028.jpg

look at this wall o.o
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0026.jpg

close up of each character
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0014.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0012.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0008.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... CT0001.jpg

and the prince....it's kinda creepy, really
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... ujun-3.jpg

here are those pics, close up and better quality. (guys, treasure these. Johnny's have a STRICT policy against any of their idols getting reprinted/redistributed unofficially. That's why on the official site, Matsujun's face is always replaced by a cartoon.)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d5.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d4.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d2.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d3.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ichigozzz/d1.jpg

on the lamp post
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... gaitou.jpg
I completely treasure those pics of Jun. =D Thank you sooo much!
is it me or what? How come some of the tsukasa's pictures.. the eyes are blurred ?? =O The other posters I've seen on the net dont blurr his eyes out.. :O

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Jan 25th, '07, 09:40

Because Johnnys Jimusho is strict about posting images of their talent on the web, most Japanese personal fansites I've been to also blur out their faces (or use fanart instead) so as to not break the rule. There are a lot of official and unofficial rules that Japanese Johnnys fans are encouraged to follow...

Actually, lately Johnnys has been posting thumbnail images on the JStorm page- there's small photos of the "Love So Sweet" singles there- and the Kiiroi Namida (Matsujun and Arashi's next film) website has a huge image of them. I guess Arashi are special... 8)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 25th, '07, 12:04

woop woop!1 more day until episode 4 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: *counting down the hours*

fishy

Post by fishy » Jan 25th, '07, 12:33

ilovehyd wrote:
cherryflavored_Keita wrote:I don't quite understand the logistics of how the Onsen scenes will go in the drama, but I'm sure it will be good. I just wish it would hurry and happen!! I feel so frustrated watching this show... after that dynamic ending last season, there seems to be nothing but torture for us fans, having to watch Doumyouji be such a jerk all over again, as if nothing in the first season ever happened.

I see what you mean about Domyoji, But I gotta say, Even though it's weird, we all know that it suits him, and everyone falls in love with him that way. hah !
yeah true, i totally agree with u :cheers: sometimes weird is interesting :wub:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 25th, '07, 12:42

fishy wrote:
ilovehyd wrote:

well,what changed tsukasa the most was being all alone in NY(without the f4`s and without makino)!And being alone forces a person to grow up...but now that he`s back in japan and he can see his friends everyday,he just feels like home so he relaxed a little,in new york he was so tense!so i guess that`s why he`s actong like a kid again...but he`s changed he sure is more mature :P

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 25th, '07, 13:25

twothreefour wrote: Actually, lately Johnnys has been posting thumbnail images on the JStorm page- there's small photos of the "Love So Sweet" singles there- and the Kiiroi Namida (Matsujun and Arashi's next film) website has a huge image of them. I guess Arashi are special... 8)
:offtopic:
Totally Off-topic..
But Matsumoto Jun film Boku ha imouto ni koi wo suru'Has his picture too...
and good pictures..
As the website about "The letters of Iwo Jima" with Ninomiya Kazunari..
Has his pictures too...
I don't know.. maybe Johnny is more kind with films...
and let the website put they pictures..
Or is just arashi that is special XDD~~
(what for me is so true \o/~~ Totally love arashi)

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 13:35

lee`s little alien wrote:
fishy wrote:
ilovehyd wrote:
well,what changed tsukasa the most was being all alone in NY(without the f4`s and without makino)!And being alone forces a person to grow up...but now that he`s back in japan and he can see his friends everyday,he just feels like home so he relaxed a little,in new york he was so tense!so i guess that`s why he`s actong like a kid again...but he`s changed he sure is more mature :P
Tsukasa is like a kid who wants to grow up, but doesn't really know how. All he knows is to keep repeating the phrase "I'm not a spoiled brat anymore" and he thinks all adults act completely with their mind and not from their heart, so he has shut off his feelings entirely. That's the biggest change... last season, he was acting entirely out of heart and had no brain. Now he's gone to the extreme end, and everyone's not sure how to deal with it.

on a totally unrelated topic (or maybe related?)
this is a magazine scan. the text below just says the same thing I said in the last episode spoilers, but here you can see a picture of the scene....
when Doumyouji is demanding Makino to confess that Rui kissed her. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/ ... 13_211.jpg
hmm what uniform IS that? or is it just her jacket at home? I feel like I've seen that somewhere, but I can't remember...

oh actually, there are some new info...
as D forces the confession out of M, then rushes to punch Rui, the other F2 yell back at him for being inconsiderate to Makino. I guess...either for forcing a confession out of her, then rushing out, OR think about how she felt after she was kissed out of her own will? I hope it's the latter!

and, as Shigeru's starting to doubt D and M's relationship, Akira tries to cheer her up and encourages her to be her old self--all hyper and optimistic. I wonder why Akira said that...I thought he was on M's side...hmmm...

oh, and I realized Rui's confession is AFTER all this. So Rui kisses, stuff happens, then just as Tsukushi was feeling okay because she and D are on honest terms again, he comes to rough things up by confessing his love. Well...I guess I can't blame him for being straight, but... TIMING Rui! Timing!!! >.<

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 25th, '07, 13:42

hmmmm....i don`t agree....i think that tsukasa is acting all by his heart as he didn`t shut off his feelngs,he`s just trying to protect makino...it`s so easy to see how much he`s suffering....he`s doing what his heart`s telling him to do in order to protect makino and to me that sure is a proove of mautrity...to be able to be in so much pain seeing the person u love the most hurting and crying because of u,to have the strength to push the person u love away just to keep her safe..it`s something amazing! :wub: :cry:

lsqB

Post by lsqB » Jan 25th, '07, 14:00

lee`s little alien wrote:hmmmm....i don`t agree....i think that tsukasa is acting all by his heart as he didn`t shut off his feelngs,he`s just trying to protect makino...it`s so easy to see how much he`s suffering....he`s doing what his heart`s telling him to do in order to protect makino and to me that sure is a proove of mautrity...to be able to be in so much pain seeing the person u love the most hurting and crying because of u,to have the strength to push the person u love away just to keep her safe..it`s something amazing! :wub: :cry:
yes, those were beautiful scenes.

by the way, what IS this amazing feeling called?
When you watch a couple suffer because they're pushing away each other just trying to do what's best for the other? and as you're watching them, you just feel your heart getting wrenched.

in other words, I'm asking for the english for setsunai... :scratch: