[Discussion] Iryu Team Medical Dragon (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Iryu Team Medical Dragon?

Life-altering
72
50%
See it
50
35%
Probably shouldn't miss it
13
9%
Only if you have time
7
5%
STAY AWAY
2
1%
 
Total votes: 144

guitarz
Posts: 34
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:02
Location: Singapore

Post by guitarz » Dec 8th, '07, 11:14

iryu 2 ep 9
took me 3 sittings to finish watching
the series seems to lose its appeal.. one thing severely lacking is character development, and the hospital politics are really boring and unnecessary plot fillers in this season
some previous key casts are just "forced" into the story this season and do not play any significant role at all e.g kitou, miki, kihara, and to a lesser extent, fujiyoshi(relegated to narrative role)
unless some crazy stuff happen in the last 2 eps, i doubt it would ever win the most satisfactory award like its prequel did :-(

terence_hideyoshi
Posts: 110
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 07:04

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Dec 10th, '07, 08:14

guitarz wrote:iryu 2 ep 9
took me 3 sittings to finish watching
the series seems to lose its appeal.. one thing severely lacking is character development, and the hospital politics are really boring and unnecessary plot fillers in this season
some previous key casts are just "forced" into the story this season and do not play any significant role at all e.g kitou, miki, kihara, and to a lesser extent, fujiyoshi(relegated to narrative role)
unless some crazy stuff happen in the last 2 eps, i doubt it would ever win the most satisfactory award like its prequel did :-(
haha.. I'm not surprise. Coz, the previous season is already not following to the comics already.

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Dec 13th, '07, 10:28

iryu 2 ost is available for download at jdorama ost forum
thanks to philly on that forum

http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... torder=asc

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Dec 14th, '07, 13:27

Kitamura Kazuki finally makes a reappearance as Kirishima in the finale next week.

Iryu 2's quality has been rather inconsistent, and it's gotten rather unwieldy with so many characters to juggle.

Anyone care to guess what the ending will be like? Noguchi banished again?

User avatar
Duranis
Posts: 44
Joined: May 7th, '06, 02:50
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by Duranis » Dec 14th, '07, 15:37

are there any direct download links for this series? thx in advance
Image

User avatar
nicha89
Posts: 57
Joined: Jun 5th, '07, 21:26
Location: Thailand, Finland, USA

Post by nicha89 » Dec 16th, '07, 08:01

i'm still waiting patiently for the subs^^"

in my opinion, i think this season is pretty good, but I somehow liked the first one better. like raven_frost said, it's kinda inconsistent. the series is quite episodic, compared to the first season, the episodes don't seem to hang together as much as in Iryu 1, if u know what i mean. but i still love it tho. =)
*~Image Image~*
- RabuRetta

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Dec 19th, '07, 06:59

iryu 2 finale this week!! gonna miss team dragon
btw, why is there still so little discussion on this thread?

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Dec 20th, '07, 05:09

The last episode airs tonight with an extended run of 15 min. I wonder how they will wrap the drama up. Sure they have tackled the theme of money vs life but I'm just wondering where they're trying to lead that to. I'm sure the team will overcome the odds standing in their way yet again so I guess the question is how different will this finale be from that in Iryu 1? Will it be like deja vu?

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Dec 31st, '07, 15:03

why iryu 2 wasn't following the manga lines. I'm a bit disappointed cause the manga storyline is more interesting. The drama keeps great with nogushi sensei heart attack. His only savior is team medical dragon lol and not the f"!!?§ed team perfect from meishin.

terence_hideyoshi
Posts: 110
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 07:04

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Jan 1st, '08, 04:54

fujitak wrote:why iryu 2 wasn't following the manga lines. I'm a bit disappointed cause the manga storyline is more interesting. The drama keeps great with nogushi sensei heart attack. His only savior is team medical dragon lol and not the f"!!?§ed team perfect from meishin.
haha.. Iryu 1 is already not following. So I dun see how they can actually follow for Iryu 2. Anyway, I'm also disappointed on that.

User avatar
tigerwong
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 28th, '05, 11:28

Post by tigerwong » Jan 6th, '08, 23:05

I love Season 2 better than Season 1. I thinks Season 2 is Great ^^ gotta wait for the ep 9 subs >_<

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Jan 26th, '08, 20:37

seems Kirishima is coming with his team in last S2 episode ! Some scenes in S1 and S2 remember the comic like when lyjuin going to transport the heart. If the comic is following lyjuin will have the arm broken in next issue :).

User avatar
mikomiko123
Posts: 119
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 18:32
Contact:

Post by mikomiko123 » Feb 3rd, '08, 19:45

Iryu 11
For the last part where Asada was walking in an American Hospital, then he stopped, he glanced at someone, and looked at that someone, and that someone had a doctor's robe. Could it be Katou Akira-sensei (Inamori Izumi from S1)?
Season 3

I am looking forward for S3, with Kato (Inamori Izumi), and a foreign hospital would be good. Or maybe something liek that.
:P :P Nyaaaaaaaaaan! :P :P

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Feb 6th, '08, 22:02

Image

it couldn't be Nogushi that was raped in US streets !
it also couldn't be Kirishima that showed himself in last episode. The mysterious doctor that face Asada in American hospital is someone that we saw in S1 and not in S2 (99.99999% KATO) or maybe another doctor that has an important place in Asada life.

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Feb 9th, '08, 02:06

I doubt there will be a season 3. There isn't sufficient material and if the two seasons are anything to go by, they can't keep using the formula disenchanted or "lost" characters that rediscover themselves and band together. It'll be a bore to watch.

I didn't like the ending in season 2 and I certainly though Iryu 1 much better aside for some good episodes in Iryu 2.

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Feb 9th, '08, 10:43

the end of episode 11 in S2 show us clearly that there will be S3. And like S1 ans S2, the drama don't keep up really with comic story line. We have just some chapter that we could recognize in drama. So he hasn't about material. And S3 will be produced in one year. In one year the comic will be advanced.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Feb 20th, '08, 20:43

omg I just lost so much interest when I found out that Katou wouldn't be in Iryu 2

If theres a season 3 I hope they bring her back!! and Maybe add a romance element to it or sumthing!!!

User avatar
Kathstandsalone
Posts: 90
Joined: May 26th, '07, 05:57

Post by Kathstandsalone » Feb 21st, '08, 07:42

I just finished watching both seasons and enjoy 'em.

True, S2 seems to have too many characters to tackle. But at the end, it's really neat to see the whole team work together.
If there really is S3, I'd love to see more character development especially in Asada Ryutaro. I'd love to see Team Dragon perform bloodless surgery (without the need of blood transfusion) and show some of the bloodless surgery methods. :D

I hope or don't think they won't/will bring back Noguchi. Tho' he played the role well with his monotonous and feel like punching him kind of role, it'd be a little dull if S3 would be the same as him opposing Team Dragon, and such.

User avatar
lailoken
Posts: 151
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44
Location: canada

Post by lailoken » Feb 25th, '08, 22:10

I actually want him to go to the states and meet HOUSE lol....

House being the medical genius and Asada being the Surgical lol...

Jboy1991
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 12th, '10, 16:03

I need help on IRYU 2 :)

Post by Jboy1991 » Apr 12th, '10, 16:08

Hey i am so in love with Iryu 2 ost,especially track no 17 Spirit guitar....anyone knows where can i find spirit guitar tabs or chords????i do play guitar and i want to learn this song....its dmn beautiful...... thanks :D :mrgreen:

User avatar
canavial
Posts: 32
Joined: Apr 23rd, '10, 13:46

Post by canavial » Aug 19th, '10, 02:56

Iryu 3 officially confirmed by FujiTV.

Sakaguchi Kenji, Inamori Izumi, Koike Teppei, Sadao Abe, Tetsuhiro Ikeda, Kuranosuke Sasaki, Mari Natsuki, and Ittoku Kishibe confirmed as returning cast members.
With new additions Endo Kenichi and Tanimura Mitsuki.

Drama will start airing in October, on its usual 10pm Thursday time slot.


Source:
Oricon, Sanspo via Tokyograph | Sponichi via KawaiiJoyuu

User avatar
kuro570
Posts: 510
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 23:50
Location: United States

Post by kuro570 » Oct 1st, '10, 00:38

I can't wait, after confirming for myself the airing date over at http://www.fujitv.co.jp/iryu3/index.html
I just have to say... I told you there would be a season 3 with that major cliff hang at the ending of season 2!
Lol
VSS: Warui Yatsura

User avatar
hazelkenro
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 21:29
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

[Discussion]Iryu: Team Medical Dragon 3

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 5th, '10, 03:14

http://asianmediawiki.com/Iryu:_Team_Medical_Dragon_3

Image
Image

teppei koike wahhhh
im looking forward to see this...
i watched iryu1&2 and now 3
Daisuki!Te-kun,Ei-chan,Moco-kun :wub: Image
"Looking forward Angel Bank,Yamato Nadeshiku (live series) and CODE BLUE!

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Oct 5th, '10, 16:11

I don't see much point in a third season. Arase and Kitou have lost their verve although it is nice to see that Inamori Izumi is back. Why they're even bothering to have Noguchi ship himself back and stick around to be a menace again is a mystery.

User avatar
kuro570
Posts: 510
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 23:50
Location: United States

Post by kuro570 » Oct 5th, '10, 18:01

raven_frost wrote:I don't see much point in a third season. Arase and Kitou have lost their verve although it is nice to see that Inamori Izumi is back. Why they're even bothering to have Noguchi ship himself back and stick around to be a menace again is a mystery.
Very true with Noguchi but with Arase and Kitou they could add some possible epic scenes with their medical skills I think.
VSS: Warui Yatsura

User avatar
hazelkenro
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 21:29
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 9th, '10, 08:06

here the official site or IRYU 3


http://www.fujitv.co.jp/iryu3/index.html
Daisuki!Te-kun,Ei-chan,Moco-kun :wub: Image
"Looking forward Angel Bank,Yamato Nadeshiku (live series) and CODE BLUE!

whitedove
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 09:21

Post by whitedove » Oct 11th, '10, 04:33

Does anyone happen to know if any fansubbers gonna take up this Iryu 3 project? I realize that none on fansub wiki so far but I was hoping that the fansubbers for the previous seasons will step up and take this.

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Oct 15th, '10, 23:33

For some weird reason, it has just been announced that Korean boyband Super Junior is scheduled to appear in a scene in Iryu to tap on their popularity in Asia.

Kazuya_
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 30th, '07, 10:32
Contact:

Post by Kazuya_ » Oct 16th, '10, 04:33

whitedove wrote:Does anyone happen to know if any fansubbers gonna take up this Iryu 3 project? I realize that none on fansub wiki so far but I was hoping that the fansubbers for the previous seasons will step up and take this.
Because of all the medical terminology, this drama is one of the most difficult to sub. If no group has signed on to do it thus far, it may not be subbed. I am pretty sure that the folks that did season 1 are no longer active. BON did season 2 but I believe they have their hands full.

And of course, there are fewer groups these days for various reasons. The streaming issue, just being busy with other interests, etc...

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Oct 17th, '10, 10:13

Kazuya_ wrote:
whitedove wrote:Does anyone happen to know if any fansubbers gonna take up this Iryu 3 project? I realize that none on fansub wiki so far but I was hoping that the fansubbers for the previous seasons will step up and take this.
Because of all the medical terminology, this drama is one of the most difficult to sub. If no group has signed on to do it thus far, it may not be subbed. I am pretty sure that the folks that did season 1 are no longer active. BON did season 2 but I believe they have their hands full.

And of course, there are fewer groups these days for various reasons. The streaming issue, just being busy with other interests, etc...
I succumbed to checking out Ep1. There were lots of terminology and explanations surrounding the surgical procedure that was just mind boggling.
kuro570 wrote:Very true with Noguchi but with Arase and Kitou they could add some possible epic scenes with their medical skills I think.
Iryu 3 continues the series as if Iryu 2 never existed. Ep 1 was a rather long 2-hour special which had unnecessary sequences of glorified moments that could have been cut out. They could do with some toning done of certain scenes because it strikes me as really silly and viewers don't have to be told the obvious. The surgery scenes are interesting and even more challenging, but with the introduction of Endo Kenichi's character, does that mean more of the same? I don't get any sense that they will delve into the other characters although if they did, it would probably be Fujiyoshi's.
Kitou becomes the head of the hospital which also translates to her leaning towards anything that makes business sense, even if it means re-embracing Noguchi at arms length. That man should be fed to the fishes ... As for Arase, after he served as the plot device for melodrama in Ep 1 and revisiting more guilt tripping, I'm not sure what more they have in store for him.

shinqtaro
Posts: 21
Joined: May 1st, '10, 13:07

Post by shinqtaro » Oct 17th, '10, 10:51

raven_frost wrote:Iryu 3 continues the series as if Iryu 2 never existed. Ep 1 was a rather long 2-hour special which had unnecessary sequences of glorified moments that could have been cut out. They could do with some toning done of certain scenes because it strikes me as really silly and viewers don't have to be told the obvious. The surgery scenes are interesting and even more challenging, but with the introduction of Endo Kenichi's character, does that mean more of the same? I don't get any sense that they will delve into the other characters although if they did, it would probably be Fujiyoshi's.
Kitou becomes the head of the hospital which also translates to her leaning towards anything that makes business sense, even if it means re-embracing Noguchi at arms length. That man should be fed to the fishes ... As for Arase, after he served as the plot device for melodrama in Ep 1 and revisiting more guilt tripping, I'm not sure what more they have in store for him.
I thought ep. 1 was all style and no substance. Just more of the same from part I, more difficult surgeries, more powerful adversaries. It gets top marks for the high production values (cp/sets/music, esp. the awesome soundtrack even though they reuse some from part I & II). If there's a drama where the music elevates the drama to a higher level, the Iryu dramas are some good examples.
Like how Noguchi regains his credibility makes no sense. What, the US government don't do background checks on someone involving national health care polices, and employed a foreigner no less w/ a criminal record? Or how Kenichi's character can do the same procedure 4 times faster then TMD, I'm sure Asada has seen and used a catheter before (it's not like it's anything earth-shattering, even though I'm not a medical expert)??? I suspect what Fujiyoshi meant in the beginning when he says 'losing' Arase implies Arase now owes his life to Kenichi and has to switch sides thus becoming part of the enemy team.
I'm not sure how much I can handle more of the 'Asada encounters a one in a million case - Asada devices new surgical procudures for the case and is met w/ resistance - Asada goes ahead anyway and encounters unexpected circumstances during the operation - surrounding doctors exclaiming 'muri, muri, muri' - Asada finds a new way - surrounding doctors muttering 'hayai, hayai, hayai' - operation completes successfully - applause, congrats, and champagne all around to everybody!!!' kind of scenario anymore.

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Oct 17th, '10, 12:14

shinqtaro wrote:I thought ep. 1 was all style and no substance. Just more of the same from part I, more difficult surgeries, more powerful adversaries. It gets top marks for the high production values (cp/sets/music, esp. the awesome soundtrack even though they reuse some from part I & II). If there's a drama where the music elevates the drama to a higher level, the Iryu dramas are some good examples.
Like how Noguchi regains his credibility makes no sense. What, the US government don't do background checks on someone involving national health care polices, and employed a foreigner no less w/ a criminal record? Or how Kenichi's character can do the same procedure 4 times faster then TMD, I'm sure Asada has seen and used a catheter before (it's not like it's anything earth-shattering, even though I'm not a medical expert)??? I suspect what Fujiyoshi meant in the beginning when he says 'losing' Arase implies Arase now owes his life to Kenichi and has to switch sides thus becoming part of the enemy team.
I'm not sure how much I can handle more of the 'Asada encounters a one in a million case - Asada devices new surgical procudures for the case and is met w/ resistance - Asada goes ahead anyway and encounters unexpected circumstances during the operation - surrounding doctors exclaiming 'muri, muri, muri' - Asada finds a new way - surrounding doctors muttering 'hayai, hayai, hayai' - operation completes successfully - applause, congrats, and champagne all around to everybody!!!' kind of scenario anymore.
Asada has always hovered near the realm of the gods. Now he's about to be anointed as one of them ... which makes it boring if the main character is so perfect.

I agree that there's no logic to the resurrection of Noguchi and the introduction of Endo Kenichi's character. They expect belief to be suspended. And I suspect you're right about Arase, but I'm not sticking to find out if all will come true. Should one really believe that a bunch of terrific cardiac surgeons will be able to save an ailing hospital when there are so many more aspects to the malaise?

There probably will be few good dramas this season, but it's hardly worth watching something that revisits familiar ground. It's a repetitive but safe production for Fuji TV. They haven't had a good drama in a few seasons and Iryu guarantees decent to good ratings.

User avatar
kuro570
Posts: 510
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 23:50
Location: United States

Post by kuro570 » Oct 17th, '10, 12:21

@raven_frost I pretty much just realized it as well watching it this morning.
VSS: Warui Yatsura

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 19th, '10, 13:46

wow what a pleasant surprise
didn't expect this drama to get another sequel

can't waiitt

User avatar
Nagashiwa
Posts: 22
Joined: Jan 15th, '09, 01:13
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Nagashiwa » Oct 19th, '10, 18:37

does someone know who is going to subtitle this one?

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 20th, '10, 14:05

after watching... I agree with shinqtaro's post
while it's still very entertaining to watch, it's the same old recurring theme.. they sticked to the formula re-hashing similar plot elements from previous seasons

the surgeries are getting more out-of-this-world kinds which I doubt would ever work in real-life, asada's invincibleness is absurd

will still watch to see how it plays out and cos im a fan =)

User avatar
kuro570
Posts: 510
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 23:50
Location: United States

Post by kuro570 » Oct 20th, '10, 20:49

Has anyone noticed Miki is gone? She was one of my favorites, not to mention shes cute lol
VSS: Warui Yatsura

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Oct 20th, '10, 23:08

kuro570 wrote:Has anyone noticed Miki is gone? She was one of my favorites, not to mention shes cute lol
She went to Germany apparently ... according to Ijyuin in Ep 1.

User avatar
kuro570
Posts: 510
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 23:50
Location: United States

Post by kuro570 » Oct 21st, '10, 00:16

raven_frost wrote:
kuro570 wrote:Has anyone noticed Miki is gone? She was one of my favorites, not to mention shes cute lol
She went to Germany apparently ... according to Ijyuin in Ep 1.
Sadly I'm waiting for a 720 release so I haven't got a chance to watch it (cant watch 1080 and hate 704x394) yet but thanks for filling me in on that. ^.^
VSS: Warui Yatsura

shinqtaro
Posts: 21
Joined: May 1st, '10, 13:07

Post by shinqtaro » Oct 23rd, '10, 11:23

Wow, ep.2 is, to put it as diplomatically as I can, as lame (if not more so) as ep. 1. It is already showing signs of blatantly ripping off every single cliche'd and melodramatic trick out of JDoramas in order to manipulate the viewers' emotion, logic be damned. Kishibe Ittoku mugs and overacts big time (as if his character isn't sleazy enough); and there are so many plot holes that even a high school student may feel insulted.

I heard Iryu 1 was largely based on the manga, Iryu 2 has some parts that are manga based, but Iryu 3 is based entirely on original material (and it shows).
Well, it seems the writer is trying to create an antagonist (besides Noguchi) that can match Asada in skills; but in reality there's really no conflict between the medical procedures they're using (unless I missed something here). You don't need to be a medical expert to realize that one can't just use catheters/stents for all heart related surgeries (e.g. heart transplants or other major surgeries). It's true that nowadays some of the neural/gastroenterological/cardiac/urinary-tract related diseases can be cured by using less invasive procedures, like inserting catheters/stents w/ optics, cutting instruments like lasers, and others to perform the same operation. So it makes the life of a cardiac surgeon a lot easier (s/he only needs to be guided by the on-screen images), thus resulting in smaller holes being drilled, smaller scars and much faster recovery time. That's why some surgeries which previously require hospitalization are now out-patient surgeries.

However, still, 1). even these type of surgeries are not risks-free, 2). surgeons who keep up to date w/ the latest technology usually also perform those type of operations themselves if they are within their areas of expertise. I've never heard of (at least here in US) hospitals' requiring a separate department for 'catheteroloy???!!!. It's always up to the discretion of the surgeons to decide what's best for the patient (the fact that s/he wants to be discharged from the hospital quickly for personal reasons or having a big scar for the remainder of his/her life is irrelevant).

Also how could Kogouchi and Kenichi just 'hijecked' the patient from another doctor(s)'s custody like that to do their type of surgeries - aren't there established protocols?. And finally, I can't believe Asada and Katou haven't used or thought of using catheters/stents in their surgeries (google catheter and you will find that it's invented in the 20th century and has been used in a variety of medical diciplines ever since). Plus don't get me started on Medical tourism - if the hospital is world-renowned in certain special fields, you can bet patients will flock to it from every part of the world (e.g. Stanford's cardiology department).
All in all, a very disappointed episode and I'll probably give it 1 more go before deciding to drop it or not (2GB files is starting to take a toll on my laptop).

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 26th, '10, 04:12

ep2 is nice imo
it's iryu anyway, u can't expect it to be realistic lol
still very entertaining though, the only jdrama im following this season

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 28th, '10, 03:33

I need help verifying ep1 Paraganglioma surgery

I have been going through this 10+ times, and I still don't get it.

the part where

Asada first cuts the pulmomary veins to give the "reconstructed" heart a more natural shape
then, towards the end he said
"blood vessels constructed from pericardium is not needed"
"just export (pull out?) the right pulmonary vein and suture directly"

and then Asada was praised for being to be able to think far ahead with regards to this action. what's so great about this anyway?

why was he doing this? why cut the right PV at first place then suturing it back?

or it's my understanding wrong somewhere? and please correct if my medical terms usage are wrong

raven_frost
Posts: 423
Joined: Oct 5th, '04, 14:45

Post by raven_frost » Oct 28th, '10, 07:05

indokid wrote:I need help verifying ep1 Paraganglioma surgery

I have been going through this 10+ times, and I still don't get it.

the part where

Asada first cuts the pulmomary veins to give the "reconstructed" heart a more natural shape
then, towards the end he said
"blood vessels constructed from pericardium is not needed"
"just export (pull out?) the right pulmonary vein and suture directly"

and then Asada was praised for being to be able to think far ahead with regards to this action. what's so great about this anyway?

why was he doing this? why cut the right PV at first place then suturing it back?

or it's my understanding wrong somewhere? and please correct if my medical terms usage are wrong
I can't remember the details since I've thrown away the file but anyway, Asada asked Kato to construct a vessel to replace the vein, but because complications arose, they didn't have enough time to attach vessels on the two sides of the heart, so he had to improvise by pulling out the vein that he had cut and stitch it back. It was something to that extent.

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 28th, '10, 07:30

raven_frost wrote:
I can't remember the details since I've thrown away the file but anyway, Asada asked Kato to construct a vessel to replace the vein, but because complications arose, they didn't have enough time to attach vessels on the two sides of the heart, so he had to improvise by pulling out the vein that he had cut and stitch it back. It was something to that extent.
all right thanks.. that's what i understand also

asada seemed to make the wrong judgement?
why, in first place, cut the right PV, with little tumor invasiveness(a still-healthy vein), and suturing it back later on.

I thought I was missing some crucial genius move by Asada, since it made Kito and Fujiyoshi so excited. :scratch:

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Oct 30th, '10, 03:13

iryu 3 eng viikii sub over at http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/iryu3

post a word of thanks to us over there if you enjoyed it... and subscribe! lol

whitedove
Posts: 11
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 09:21

Post by whitedove » Nov 1st, '10, 04:19

indokid wrote:iryu 3 eng viikii sub over at http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/iryu3

post a word of thanks to us over there if you enjoyed it... and subscribe! lol
Oh cool! :)

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 2nd, '10, 12:15

the interest level for the new season 3 here is thus far very depressing

where have all the iryu fans gone to..

laifalove
Posts: 40
Joined: Nov 11th, '07, 00:18

Post by laifalove » Nov 2nd, '10, 15:30

I think part of the reason is the lack of softsubs/hardsubs. I prefer watching videos on my laptop without having to go to a website and watching the drama in bits and pieces, don't know if anyone else feels the same way. I tried vikii but it lagged like crazy when I watched the first part of the first episode and wouldn't let me seek.

User avatar
Love Angel
Posts: 342
Joined: Mar 5th, '06, 18:06
Location: UAE

Post by Love Angel » Nov 2nd, '10, 15:52

I'm a die hard Iryu fan , but me too, don't like watching it streaming. I prefer watching it on my laptop.

guitarz
Posts: 34
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:02
Location: Singapore

Post by guitarz » Nov 3rd, '10, 09:50

in the iryu3 jp sub thread there's a few fansubbers expressing interest in subbing this season.

so unless somebody is kind enough to sacrifice their time and pulling their hairs over the medical terms to sub this @ D-A... this will probably the only drama this season left unsubbed

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Nov 3rd, '10, 20:40

i'm afraid about season 3 redo of season 1.

ratings
(01)16.4 (02)14.8 (03)12.5

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 4th, '10, 03:19

医龍3。第四話 tonight!

if they screw up this episode again, the ratings will continue to nosedive.
ep1 was amazing, ep2 is watchable, ep3 is.. unless cardiac surgery terms & procedures excites you, you prob won't enjoy it.

ep4

what a bore..
half the episode was on IMA nonsense that no one prob would bother, unless you are running a hospital in real-life.

no out-of-this-world surgery procedures this time round, for good or bad.

I actually like Kuroki more than Asada now. Kuroki isn't an enemy/rival at first place, he has good intentions and mad skillz, and if the drama is accurate, cathether > surgery in the cases so far, even Asada had said it.

and it's obvious if you treat your member like that, it's your own fault that he joined kuroki's team.

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 11th, '10, 13:55

ep5

same old predictable plot at first.. but

THE ENDING!!!! OMFG!!! This has got to be the BEST AND MOST INSANE twist ever in all of iryu episodes so far!!

The rating will go through the roof the next episode!!!

I still can't believe what I saw

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Nov 12th, '10, 13:00

the man playing genius cathether kuroki is great.
cathether > surgery it's true in term of time, stress on patient body and business but think that there is some case where surgery couldn't be avoid with cathether. But it's clear that asada and team dragon are down.

serene012
Posts: 35
Joined: Nov 10th, '10, 06:23

Post by serene012 » Nov 12th, '10, 15:01

I just realized what makes iryuu awesome

its BGM!!!


fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Nov 13th, '10, 12:47

question for those who read the manga.
Does this time drama follow the manga?
Does Kuroki exist on the manga ? if someone has pic of him on the manga it will be great?

terence_hideyoshi
Posts: 110
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 07:04

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Nov 14th, '10, 05:24

fujitak wrote:question for those who read the manga.
Does this time drama follow the manga?
Does Kuroki exist on the manga ? if someone has pic of him on the manga it will be great?
It has not been following since the 2nd season.

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 15th, '10, 04:19

serene012 wrote:I just realized what makes iryuu awesome

its BGM!!!

very nice
he's missing one new bgm though, it's played once in ep1, when the new "intern" (no one knows or calls her by her name so far.. lol) is dragging her luggage to the hospital. It's very soothing, probably is the piano version of the ending song, not sure though.

I will buy the soundtrack once it's out.. where to buy ah? HMV orchard have?

laifalove
Posts: 40
Joined: Nov 11th, '07, 00:18

Post by laifalove » Nov 15th, '10, 15:27

indokid wrote:ep5

same old predictable plot at first.. but

THE ENDING!!!! OMFG!!! This has got to be the BEST AND MOST INSANE twist ever in all of iryu episodes so far!!

The rating will go through the roof the next episode!!!

I still can't believe what I saw
No kidding, I just skimmed through the video since I can't understand Japanese and saw the ending. I'm assuming that the kid had maybe wanted to show Asada the Rubik's Cube and Asada was on the rooftop practicing. When the kid ran up maybe he accidentally pushed Asada over? Is that what happened or is it not mentioned yet? Can't wait for subs!

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 15th, '10, 15:56

lol laifalove, don't reveal too much. people will get mad if they accidentally clicked your spoiler.

laifalove
Posts: 40
Joined: Nov 11th, '07, 00:18

Post by laifalove » Nov 15th, '10, 17:13

Like I said, it's all theoretical, I can't understand what's going on, I have a very basic understanding of Japanese, only took a quarter's worth of it once. Besides, spoilers are opened at their own risk.

Piefaces
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 16th, '10, 01:37

Post by Piefaces » Nov 17th, '10, 20:21

I have to stop lurking, because Episode 5 is killing me.


Only 20ish more hours :(.


Spoilers for Season 3, Episode 5 contained below!! You've been warned! Don't click on it unless you've seen Episode 5!
My Japanese fails pretty badly too, and I'm also not too sure how spoilers are handled on the forums........ but wasn't the kid purposely trying to hit him with it? I understood this to be mostly Noguchi's fault. IMO, I think the twist was handled very well...the plot led up to it very smoothly.

laifalove
Posts: 40
Joined: Nov 11th, '07, 00:18

Post by laifalove » Nov 17th, '10, 20:40

Piefaces wrote:I have to stop lurking, because Episode 5 is killing me.


Only 20ish more hours :(.


Spoilers for Season 3, Episode 5 contained below!! You've been warned! Don't click on it unless you've seen Episode 5!
My Japanese fails pretty badly too, and I'm also not too sure how spoilers are handled on the forums........ but wasn't the kid purposely trying to hit him with it? I understood this to be mostly Noguchi's fault. IMO, I think the twist was handled very well...the plot led up to it very smoothly.
In reply to your spoiler:
It's possible. I kinda skimmed it, meaning I skipped around the whole episode so I actually missed the section entirely where Asada is actually LEAVING the hospital. I didn't see that part so I thought he had been pushed off the hospital's roof. I went back and actually watched that section in full instead of seeing bits and pieces. It would make sense though.

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 18th, '10, 14:02

ep6
one of the better episodes this season!
I hope the rating will continue to rise
edit: 15.2% rating!!! up from 12.2%(ep5)
Last edited by indokid on Nov 19th, '10, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Nov 18th, '10, 16:16

from the spoil of episode 5
Asada is pushing from the roof ???
In the manga there is one arc when asada was injured and lyjuin lead the operation.

claraglariel
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 18th, '10, 13:31

Iryu 1st season: Aesthetic Lyric

Post by claraglariel » Nov 18th, '10, 18:29

I know this might sound old, but I've been trying to find lyrics for this wonderful song and came up with ones that, well... difficult to understand it's meaning. So, thanks to indokid, who posted the lyric earlier in the forum (p/g 3), i got a gist of what is being sung and improvised it a little to make the meaning clearer...this is what I got:

Aesthetic Lyric
Longing for you day and in dream
I'm hoping you're here and leading my way
You stirs my world and in time I need
If you walk away, I will follow you

Drying my love
With your sacred gift you gave to me
I won't bail as I see it as your precious soul
Holding your hand
And I walk you through the whole of the war
Carrying your wish like the Venus in the dimlit sky


So basically, this song is about a person who affected the life of another person. And thus this other person would do anything to pay him/her back, even if it means risking his/her life...kinda something I would like to sing to Asada!

Piefaces
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 16th, '10, 01:37

Post by Piefaces » Nov 19th, '10, 08:04

laifalove wrote:
It's possible. I kinda skimmed it, meaning I skipped around the whole episode so I actually missed the section entirely where Asada is actually LEAVING the hospital. I didn't see that part so I thought he had been pushed off the hospital's roof. I went back and actually watched that section in full instead of seeing bits and pieces. It would make sense though.

Oop nvm XD. Just watched Episode 6. Everything is far clearer now. :D You were more right than me about
going up the building and coming back down.

User avatar
Puszedli
Posts: 463
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 17:32
Location: Hungary - Sopron

Post by Puszedli » Nov 19th, '10, 21:21

Can't wait for ep 6. Ep 5's ending is really killing me! :pale:
I don'tunderstand how could he injured so badly.
Currently watching: I DO I DO, Rich man, poor woman, GTO, Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri, Omoni Naitemasu

Image

serene012
Posts: 35
Joined: Nov 10th, '10, 06:23

Post by serene012 » Nov 20th, '10, 07:13

episode 6. Don't click if you haven't watched!

Probably the highest point of this season. Asada should be out of action for a few episodes now. Good that he's out, the show has been centering around him too much
The entertaining clown Noguchi is gone too.

What do we have left for the season..

pediatric heart transplant? boring..
medical tourism? unless they invite Barry to the show, it's not fun anymore
fujiyoshi's stem cell research? i hope not.
new scrub nurse story? no please
new intern story? lol, no one even knows her name yet. the saddest iryuu character ever.
more catheters? no!! catheter procedures are visually unimpressive

I think Kuroki replacing Asada as surgeon of Team Dragon would be fun, IIRC he said he came to Meishin to observe the team. Somehow I still think he still want to believe in "team".

imo the series has been milked to death, realistically the rating should drop again next week, they should just end this season by episode 10. Even the other medical show on veterinarian gets higher rating than iryuu

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Nov 20th, '10, 12:26

next episode : maybe kuroki darkness switch with asada kindness in team dragon :D

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Nov 25th, '10, 13:54

ep7

amazing episode, insane operation, incredible character developments
probably the best one this season

it seems this season is starting to pick up ep5 onwards

User avatar
Nagashiwa
Posts: 22
Joined: Jan 15th, '09, 01:13
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Nagashiwa » Nov 27th, '10, 09:26

I want to see ep7!!

is there no place around where you can download it already?

Romance
Posts: 687
Joined: Jun 19th, '05, 00:14

Post by Romance » Dec 7th, '10, 15:31

Just wanna drop in and say that i love this season aswell, iryu never disappoints!

*Off to watch ep 5* :D

indokid
Posts: 164
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 11:49
Location: sg

Post by indokid » Dec 8th, '10, 09:51

finally found time to catch up on ep8

"who are you talking to? i am... asada ryutaro!" *rock music*
that reminds me why i <3 iryu so much
btw, seems like the s2 team dragon members will be showing up in ep9
3 more ep to go!!

b4u2bweird
Posts: 86
Joined: Mar 25th, '09, 01:29

Post by b4u2bweird » Dec 8th, '10, 10:05

indokid wrote:finally found time to catch up on ep8

"who are you talking to? i am... asada ryutaro!" *rock music*
that reminds me why i <3 iryu so much
btw, seems like the s2 team dragon members will be showing up in ep9
3 more ep to go!!
is miki will be back?? miss that girl :-(

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests