7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Oct 23rd, '05, 21:51

musouka wrote:I don't think they're even going to try to fit all of the manga. But what I don't think people realize is that the manga had a LOT of needless stuff in it. Eventually it got to the point where the author was just throwing anything she could think of in order to keep the main couple apart. Don't get me wrong, I love the manga, but even I can admit that you could probably cut it in half and not lose much.

I mean, to be perfectly honest, I'm not going to get upset if the drama doesn't have the Kin arc, the beauty pagent story, the whole deal with Amon, and the horrible horrible anmesia arc, just to name a few drops in the bucket. Neither am I going to cry into my pillow at night at the thought of missing that rude American guy, or Tsukushi's painfully annoying and useless "nouveau riche" friend.
I totally agree with you. The drama doesn´t need to be exactly the same as the manga, right? As long as they develop well the relationship between the main characters - Tsukasa, Tsukushi and Rui, I´ll be happy. In my opinion, the manga dragged too much, had a lot of needless characters and needless situations - as you said above - and I hope that in the drama, it´ll be more straight and focused on the main characters and on their feelings.

About the actors, I loved Inoue as Tsukushi, she did it very well.
I´ve never saw Matsumoto´s acting before, but I guess he´s ok as Tsukasa. But I guess the manga´s Tsukasa is a little scarier than in drama.
Oguri Shun as Rui is perfect.
But those two... as Soujiro and Akira... hmmmm they could be more handsome, at least Soujiro!
Well, let´s see if they really can be so cool as they should be like in manga!

Oh, I can´t wait to watch next episode!

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 23rd, '05, 22:34

KimiWaPet2150 wrote:
Oh, I didn't mean it in a negative way. I just threw in a point there. ^^'
i'm pretty sure you don't mean harm. i just think that shoving your opinion on someone's opinion is a little too much. you basically did that to a few posts a couple pages back.

if i didn't ask for someone's opinion on my opinion, i shouldn't be questioned on it too. i read everyone's post and frankly, none of them bothered me at all. if you're gonna be affected by the negative reviews, you'll turn this into a war room.

grow up a little and learn to suck it up. if you are against someone's opinion, go ahead and say it but don't quote them. the more you throw things at people, the more they won't agree with you. that's how i feel anyway. and choose your words wisely.

there's my 2 cents. i'm over this!

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Oct 23rd, '05, 23:46

Nomanymore wrote: New NEw Neww

You can from now on , watching Hana Yori ONLINE !!! yaaa

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2005/06/ ... nline.html

I've uploaded the first Eps (MQ) on my own Host , aakakaka Hope everyone enjoy itttt :wub: :wub:

:thumleft: :thumright: :roll

You can download HQ in my CB if you prefer http://clubbox.co.kr/Nomanymore and all misc
:w00t: OMG!!!! thanks for this!!!!! ur soooo cool!!!! :thumright: currently watching it from ur website....thanks again!!! :mrgreen:

zgnoud

Post by zgnoud » Oct 24th, '05, 07:34

not trying to be rude or anything.. but is there any word that a group going to do Soft subbs? :D ahh wells neverthe less it looks interesting atm

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Oct 24th, '05, 11:36

^^ Yeah I'd really like to know as well!! It's just not the same if you can't understand what the characters are saying!!

koalachan

Post by koalachan » Oct 24th, '05, 11:40

the props in this drama is nice and posh....compared to meteor garden

Chidori-Chan

Post by Chidori-Chan » Oct 24th, '05, 12:17

yeah they went all out for it ! ^^ the cars and the branded goods...hehee

zgnoud

Post by zgnoud » Oct 24th, '05, 19:58

Subs are out, Subs are out ! :)

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 24th, '05, 22:10

moonlit wrote:^^ Yeah I'd really like to know as well!! It's just not the same if you can't understand what the characters are saying!!
i feel yah.

i think i based my first two opinions on the subless episode. but now with the subs on, everything just makes sense and sounds familiar. it might have been compressed, but it doesn't seem like they have left out anything at all. even if someone didn't read the manga, i think the storyline is pretty easy to grasp and is there.

can't wait for ep 2! yatta! :heart:

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Oct 24th, '05, 22:26

Eria wrote:
moonlit wrote:^^ Yeah I'd really like to know as well!! It's just not the same if you can't understand what the characters are saying!!
i feel yah.

i think i based my first two opinions on the subless episode. but now with the subs on, everything just makes sense and sounds familiar. it might have been compressed, but it doesn't seem like they have left out anything at all. even if someone didn't read the manga, i think the storyline is pretty easy to grasp and is there.

can't wait for ep 2! yatta! :heart:
Exactly my thought. I just watched episode 1 again with the subs, and this time, I did enjoy the drama heaps more than the first time I watched it. I mean, I get to understand the characters a whole lot better. The first time I viewed HYD, I mostly looked at the atmosphere, the directing technique, the music, the actings, etc... and not really knowing the dialogues they said, plus, I was still thinking too much about MG, that's why I didn't get to enjoy it as much. But this time, wow, I had come to really really like it. Subs really make a difference!!

Anyways, I really like Tsukushi's family in this drama. They're such a loving family. And I think Tsukushi's little brother is very cute, he looks so much like my cousin, that's why I noticed him. But if I had a sweet brother like him, I'd be very happy :lol .

lifa

Post by lifa » Oct 25th, '05, 01:04

Omigosh I think Tsukushi's fam is hilarious!!! The part with the chicken skins made me laugh out loud. I love her brothers character, he's so cute! I really think this adaptation of the manga will be great. As I mentioned before, and as you've all mentioned, as long as they don't drag it out too long it should be good. The manga series could have ended in a thousand parts. It was getting pretty ridiculous. I can't wait for the next!

And I knew I recognized Domoyoji from somwhere...the cutie off Kimi wa Petto!!! Sorry for being capn' obvious. :)

jubeichanxoxo

Post by jubeichanxoxo » Oct 25th, '05, 01:17

I may be saying this a bit to early but I really don't think this version will compare to MG . although I am a huge matsumoto jun fan as Tsukasa...I just can't see it. well the hair maybe but he looks to soft.Oguri Shun as Rui is all wrong ! however beings that I have only seen one episode it may get better. I like that they have changed some of the scenarios.

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Oct 25th, '05, 10:20

One thing I don't get is it seems like Tsukushi has been at Eitoku for two years already when the story begins, but I thought in the manga, she had just recently transferred there??

kimmi_x

Post by kimmi_x » Oct 25th, '05, 13:49

anyone know when the 2nd ep will be out? isit out every friday or sumfing?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 25th, '05, 13:58

^ yes, so no ep 2 before Friday :cry:

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 25th, '05, 14:46

i loved episode one. that was really amazing~~

i agree that physically, tw!f4 would have been a better cast (because of their height and build and everything), but in terms of character-play, jun's performance as domyouji has really impressed me. what he lacks in height, he makes up for several times over in character-portrayal and acting.

and how gorgeous are the sets? the school, domyouji's mansion~~ it's all so classy and creates such a beautiful backdrop for all the school drama. i love how they've taken on a slightly 'dark' theme instead of the usual happy-go-lucky atmosphere of most high school drama. it's very original, fresh, and much-needed for a live action of a manga of hana yori dango's popularity and fame. and all the students manage to come off as evil and aristocratic at the same time~~!! the drama is amazingly polished and very very posh.

inoue mao is perfect for the role. she has NO flaws as tsukushi (as yet), and once again, her acting has blew me away. it's hard to imagine that she's only 18 with limited acting experience.

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Oct 26th, '05, 01:48

^^ Inoue Mao is 19, isn't she? Well in my opinion I think the role of Tsukushi is pretty easy to act. And for a highschool-aged girl to act like a highschool girl doesn't require exceptional acting ability, if you get what I'm saying. It doesn't say much about a person's acting skills at all, because you're basically acting like yourself. But I think she's good at acting all mad and pissed off though, I'll give her that.

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 26th, '05, 03:12

moonlit wrote:^^ Inoue Mao is 19, isn't she? Well in my opinion I think the role of Tsukushi is pretty easy to act. And for a highschool-aged girl to act like a highschool girl doesn't require exceptional acting ability, if you get what I'm saying. It doesn't say much about a person's acting skills at all, because you're basically acting like yourself. But I think she's good at acting all mad and pissed off though, I'll give her that.
hrm~~ i thought she was 18 cos they mentioned it in a hyd newsclip ^^''

i can see where you're coming from, but tsukushi ISN'T a conventional high school character. i really admired not inoue's role as a high school girl, but rather the way she convincingly pulled off so many different faces of tsukushi - that last scene and the rape scene was done really well. haha and she's so pretty...kyaaaa *fangirls*

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 26th, '05, 03:42

I just saw episode 1, I was soo rooting for Masumoto's character to get punched. :P
I think episode 1 was pretty good, looking forward to the others.

edit: Forgot to mention, I noticed that the leader of F4's 3 henchmen is Kaku Tomohiro
Last edited by Lowest on Oct 26th, '05, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.

vtsukasa_ryujin

Post by vtsukasa_ryujin » Oct 26th, '05, 03:49

i watched ep.1 and i thought it was much better than the one in Taiwan..dunno y.. the Jap one looks more..realistic..the houses..the limos..the nice uniforms.. can't wait to watch ep 2!!

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Oct 26th, '05, 05:15

yeah...cant wait for episode 2...too bad we can only see it once a week....hehe...this series is super nice...the main actress have a great role....
1 pretty woman against 4 handsome guys....three actually...

vtsukasa_ryujin

Post by vtsukasa_ryujin » Oct 26th, '05, 17:14

yeah~ the episode comes out once a week...oh god.. how can we wait for the whole week~ y cant they have it on every single day...... i guess having it on once a week can attract more ppl's attention and desire for not missing it~?

madraegan

Post by madraegan » Oct 26th, '05, 19:40

i actually think that this is more realistic than meteor garden but at the same time it's so outrageous and too exaggerated. the guys are cute but they are not as hot as the f4 in metor garden. however, i like the fact that JHYD is very similar to the original manga , but i can't really say what will happen next coz i've only seen episode 1. i enjoyed this a lot and i'm looking forward to seeing the other episodes! :D

greengreen

Post by greengreen » Oct 27th, '05, 00:37

i hope u will have this links about this movie soon, i really want to see it

makiono

Post by makiono » Oct 27th, '05, 01:14

hmm, I finally watched the first episode! I know most people have already given their thoughts but here's my review:

awsome! I think that the drama stayed fairly true to the manga without dragging it on, and seeing as it is only a few episodes in total, I think the pace they set is great.

I love the actress who plays Makino - very believable. especially when I compare her to Barbie. Like everyone else, I think she's perfect for the role

Matsu-Jun: I was kinda thrown off by his hair at first, but within the first 15 mins it was perfect. He actually is a great Tsukasa - he plays a big enough character to make up for his height, I think. (but the fighting part made me laugh, I couldn't quite believe that)

O-shun: I love his hair! very kawaii. his smile was cute too!

Opening: Again, I love it. The song, the images - absolutely perfect. I think it suits the mood of the drama, which isn't supposed to be completely serious and heavy. The manga itself was quirky, so I like how the opening theme matches this.

Ending: can't remember. I watched this at 11:45 pm last night, and I had a midterm today, so I'm really out of it - can't remeber anything... I hope that midterm went okay... :crazy:

lol. thats all folks. Out of 10, this first ep gets full marks from me! Can't wait to see the next one. :wub:

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Oct 27th, '05, 04:16

I am confused as to why people calling this the Meteor Garden drama--wasn't the Taiwanese Meteor Garden based off of the Japanese comics? Or is that wrong? I always believed that this was originally a Japanese author's story....

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 27th, '05, 04:22

qoogirl wrote:I am confused as to why people calling this the Meteor Garden drama--wasn't the Taiwanese Meteor Garden based off of the Japanese comics? Or is that wrong? I always believed that this was originally a Japanese author's story....
Hmm errors it would seem, the manga is called Hana Yori Dango which is a japanese manga the taiwanese drama is based on that and so is the Hana Yori Dango drama (obviously)..

edit: I'm just going to add comments again

The first episode, I thought the opening was good (looked expensive) and the fight scenes were also well done, it wasn't over the top fighting like you can get which doesn't look real (like with gokusen) though I'm not saying it was perfect :P
I also hope the girl stays with Shun's character (I'm assuming they get together from the opening) because Masumoto's character is an arse. I don't want it to end up all ''[Girl]: oh I love you [shun's character] .. no wait I love [Masumoto's character] even though he tried to get me raped.'' :whistling:

musouka

Post by musouka » Oct 27th, '05, 04:45

Lowest wrote:"no wait I love [Masumoto's character] even though he tried to get me raped.'' :whistling:
Well, in fairness to Tsukasa, when the other two F2 chastize him about the whole rape thing, he makes it clear that the three boys decided to do it on their own. He wanted her out of the school, but it was the boys that decided raping her would be the best way to acomplish that goal. Granted, he was putting some scary pressure on them to make it happen, but it's not like he said, "Oh, btw, be sure you rape her."

In the manga/anime, he did deliberately set them on her to rape her (or something close to it), which was the reason she kicked his ass. The proof that he didn't ask them to rape her in the drama is that the situation was changed to him stepping on her food. Because otherwise it would have been exactly the same in both versions.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 27th, '05, 05:03

hmmm.. the mother's eyebrows really freak me out. anyone else notice this??

i love this drama already! it's done so well, it almost has this creepy feel to it.

so far the only thing i liked better about meteor garden is the roof-place. in this series it's not as well-set up. where as in meteor garden it was an actual roof-top.

i love how there's a little brother too!! the girl's family in this one is soo cute (and a lot less annoying!!)..

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Oct 27th, '05, 07:30

x_XJules wrote:so far the only thing i liked better about meteor garden is the roof-place. in this series it's not as well-set up. where as in meteor garden it was an actual roof-top.

i love how there's a little brother too!! the girl's family in this one is soo cute (and a lot less annoying!!)..
In the manga, Hanazawa Rui's favorite place was the staircase area.

heppy

Post by heppy » Oct 27th, '05, 10:36

i love this series!! the girl(i forgot her name) is very well casted.. so cute! hahas..
well true.. dom(wad's his name again? ok i forgot..).. anyways.. the main guy maybe is short for the role but i really thinks he still pulls it off fine!! ^^
too bad the tw did the life-action b4 the jap n it leads to so much comparison.. not good!
just sit back n enjoy this show.. it's great!! imo.. ^^

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 27th, '05, 12:44

I'm gonna vote after finishing HYD but just wanted to check the results after 1st ep...and OMG who voted STAY AWAY?!?!?!?!?!? :blink

killmesarah

Post by killmesarah » Oct 27th, '05, 16:37

Hana Yori Dango is my all-time favorite series. The manga was amazing- and I have been waiting for a visual form that is true to the original. Hopefully this series will live up to my expectations. Especially the last few chapters- and the END! The Anime made up it's ending halfway through the series. Meteor Garden went a lot longer, but then suddenly ended. MG2 did not continue the story at all(many ppl hated it).
So far, I am very satisfied with this series. The casting is great, and the music and atmosphere feels like the HYD we know and love.
Does anyone know how many episodes are scheduled to run?

toku

Post by toku » Oct 27th, '05, 16:48

i still prefer the manga..
if u wanna say about drama....
den......
i would prefer the taiwan version 1...(only part 1) haha!
as the F4 characters suits more and Da S also a good actress that express the tsukushi's characher well too.

.the japan one...the storyline really goes fast without dragging like the taiwan 1...
the only part i like it..=x

BUT.....I LIKE JUN~~his hair style sooo cute! just like the manga domoyouji!!!! hahaa!!

killmesarah

Post by killmesarah » Oct 27th, '05, 16:54

I think the Japanese and Chinese F4 are both hot!! XD

does anyone know if the new HYD series will have KAZUYA? I didn't see an actor listed for him....

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Oct 27th, '05, 17:07

I thought the japanese could have chosen a better cast, perhaps include the upcoming mokomichi (hermes bro in densha)?
anw if anybody understands mandarin, the tw version is disastrous, as they lack acting skills and the conversation is unbearable. stiff n fake...
so of course the japanese version is better!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 27th, '05, 19:00

donna8157 wrote:In the manga, Hanazawa Rui's favorite place was the staircase area.
:doh:

i guess i'll have to read the manga then.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 27th, '05, 19:32

Dun't know if I can ask here , but I'm looking for the subs of Hana Yori Dango the movie , hixx , I downloaded it but can't find the eng subs , plizzz helppp

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Oct 27th, '05, 23:15

^ Nomanymore, please check Kloofy.net for the English subtitle files. It's the vault for all movies' English subs.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Oct 28th, '05, 01:03

makiono wrote: Matsu-Jun: I was kinda thrown off by his hair at first, but within the first 15 mins it was perfect. He actually is a great Tsukasa - he plays a big enough character to make up for his height, I think. (but the fighting part made me laugh, I couldn't quite believe that)
Hahaha, me too!!! The first fighting scene didn´t convince!!! I laughed too! But the second one was well-done, I think. At least, Jun did it well.

I guess I´m falling in love with Jun, I´ve never seen his acting before, but he looks so gorgeous as Tsukasa!!!

As for KAZUYA, I don´t think he will appear this time. Even loving the HYD manga, I don´t think he needs to appear on the drama. I´d like Shigeru to be on it!

makiono

Post by makiono » Oct 28th, '05, 01:25

shiruchan wrote: Hahaha, me too!!! The first fighting scene didn´t convince!!! I laughed too! But the second one was well-done, I think. At least, Jun did it well.
agreed. he looked great as the ticked off Tsukasa(=> :cussing: ) in the second scene. he just beat them up because he felt like it so it was great -fit the character perfectly. oh, btw, when i said early I thought the actress playing Makino was believable esp. when compared to barbie, I meant I thought she was better than Barbie and the MG version. Sorry if it caused some confusion. :lol

kko_lit

Post by kko_lit » Oct 28th, '05, 01:36

i totally agree with you! (and that's coming from an MG1 fan!) she looks more believable as tsukushi, and she looks a lot like the manga version as well. :-)

i also appreciated the way they took into consideration the props and the brands used by the cast members. (as compared to the taiwanese version where shan cai uses a jansport bag and wears paul frank shirts.... i thought she didn't have money?) :whistling:

rhap

Post by rhap » Oct 28th, '05, 06:43

kko_lit wrote:
i also appreciated the way they took into consideration the props and the brands used by the cast members. (as compared to the taiwanese version where shan cai uses a jansport bag and wears paul frank shirts.... i thought she didn't have money?) :whistling:

haha - fully agreed...but then they could've been fakes.

I must admit, it's hard not to compare HYD to MG. So far, I must admit, HYD is a lot better than MG in terms of acting, setting, camera and props. The F4 of HYD give a more dangerous vibe than the F4 of MG.

the orange juice squrited in eye thing was prertty funny..

Just wondering, what happened to the other half of tsukushi's lunchbox after Tsukasa had thrown it on the ground - because she only packed half of it up in the cloth. And when her mum packed it for her the next day the other side was there....

Can't wait till the next ep...

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 28th, '05, 07:12

rhap wrote:Just wondering, what happened to the other half of tsukushi's lunchbox after Tsukasa had thrown it on the ground - because she only packed half of it up in the cloth. And when her mum packed it for her the next day the other side was there....

haha, i noticed that too!!

Wild Cherry

Post by Wild Cherry » Oct 28th, '05, 07:45

x_XJules wrote:
rhap wrote:Just wondering, what happened to the other half of tsukushi's lunchbox after Tsukasa had thrown it on the ground - because she only packed half of it up in the cloth. And when her mum packed it for her the next day the other side was there....

It broke into pieces. It was the pieces she threw back into the box. And int he morning you can see the outline of the glue where her mom puts it back together. :thumright: I really like this drama. I watched it a couple of times already. I can't wait until the second one. I didn't watch MG or read the Manga so I really don't have anythign to compare it too but I like it so far. Jun is sexy and spellbounding (if that's a word). :mrgreen:

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Oct 28th, '05, 08:48

^^ Holy good eye!! I never paid any attention to the box enough to even see it was missing a piece, let alone that she threw the broken piece into the box or that it was glued back together later on LOL!!

Anyway tomorrow is episode 2 right?? I can't wait!!

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 28th, '05, 09:47

Wild Cherry wrote:
x_XJules wrote:

It broke into pieces. It was the pieces she threw back into the box. And int he morning you can see the outline of the glue where her mom puts it back together. :thumright: I really like this drama. I watched it a couple of times already. I can't wait until the second one. I didn't watch MG or read the Manga so I really don't have anythign to compare it too but I like it so far. Jun is sexy and spellbounding (if that's a word). :mrgreen:
ooooh wow so that's what happened?? haha yeah i noticed it was missing one half as well and was like "awwww they didn't pick that up on edit?". but i was too preoccupied with jun's face to let it bother me too much hehehe

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 28th, '05, 09:56

Hmm... Never was quite able to get into the TW version with it's 50,000 episodes. Wonder how far the story will go with the much smaller Japanese version. Looks good so far!

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Oct 28th, '05, 11:49

never read the manga, never saw the anime, so all my experience with the story is from meteor garden. i really liked that one and i loved the cast.

what i do like about this version is the darker settings and i agree that the camera shots are awesome. i don't really want to compare the two, i think they both have their own merits and i'm enjoying them both separately.

while i think matsumoto can pull of the cold character (he sure is loathsome in the first episode), i prefer him in his cuter roles like in kimi wa petto. he was cuter looking in gokusen as well. everything in this first episode made me hate his guts, :lol from his hair and clothes to his attitude. it's hard for me to fathom at this point that i will end up liking his character later, he's just so yucky. of course, the character he portrays is supposed to come off that way, but i just don't like jun in this role, even if he hits the mark. and he is a bit of a half-pint for this role as well, even though that would come off of a comparison with MG for me and like i said, i want to keep those apart.

i only sort of scanned through the episode at first before subs were available and very nearly didn't bother watching it because i DID compare it to MG then. but after reading most of the comments here i decided to give it a shot and am glad i did. i'm still having to warm up to this cast as i liked all characters in the tw version. but this one just has a different feel to it altogether and i'm looking forward to the further developments.

madraegan

Post by madraegan » Oct 28th, '05, 19:35

never read the manga, never saw the anime, so all my experience with the story is from meteor garden. i really liked that one and i loved the cast.

what i do like about this version is the darker settings and i agree that the camera shots are awesome. i don't really want to compare the two, i think they both have their own merits and i'm enjoying them both separately.

while i think matsumoto can pull of the cold character (he sure is loathsome in the first episode), i prefer him in his cuter roles like in kimi wa petto. he was cuter looking in gokusen as well. everything in this first episode made me hate his guts, from his hair and clothes to his attitude. it's hard for me to fathom at this point that i will end up liking his character later, he's just so yucky. of course, the character he portrays is supposed to come off that way, but i just don't like jun in this role, even if he hits the mark. and he is a bit of a half-pint for this role as well, even though that would come off of a comparison with MG for me and like i said, i want to keep those apart.

i only sort of scanned through the episode at first before subs were available and very nearly didn't bother watching it because i DID compare it to MG then. but after reading most of the comments here i decided to give it a shot and am glad i did. i'm still having to warm up to this cast as i liked all characters in the tw version. but this one just has a different feel to it altogether and i'm looking forward to the further developments.
i agree with what you're saying. i actually saw meteor garden first before i read hana yori dango (manga) so i tend to compare the two, however this new Jdrama of Hana Yori Dango is interesting too. i'm trying not to evaluate between the TW drama and the Jdrama but it's hard especially because i think the F4 in meteor garden is so much hotter than the ones in Hana Yori Dango. they lack the sex appeal and the charm but i have to see the other episodes first before i determine if the japanese actors are hot in their own way. the plot of the story so far is following the manga but i wonder what will they do next. the manga was long too so i'm actually expecting this drama to be long as well. oh yeah the camera shots in the jdrama was very well done! that's a plus! i can't wait to see the rest of the series!

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Oct 28th, '05, 21:11

wow!! only the second episode today and this thread has already reached 24 pages and 300+posts!! cool!!! anyway i was wandering whether u guys have a better version of the theme song Arashi-Wish.....i mean a clearer version than the one posted here at d-addicts cos the one posted before is ripped from the preview...

gomen if im not supposed to ask here

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Oct 29th, '05, 03:58

wow i just watched the second episode :wub: wat should i say!! everythin is just so gorgeous in this drama ...man look at tsukushi shes so beautiful with that white dress... this drama portrays so well the rich life from the manga...
i just dun like how they have cut so many good scenes in the manga... n the one who plays Rui disappoints me a lot... hes not the same Rui as I expected... hes not the same Rui in the book... T_T
anyway they shouldn't have cut so many stuff from the manga!!! and give more stage to Tsukushi
dang *dyin to see 3rd episode* i really want to see how love develops between Tsukasa and Tsukushi :D :wub:

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Oct 29th, '05, 04:10

It so fast paced! in d second episode theyre already at d welcome party and the accidental kiss between Damyouji and Minako! ts getting very interesting! :thumleft: cnt wait fr d third!

musouka

Post by musouka » Oct 29th, '05, 04:44

Man, what is it about this drama that turns me back into a squealing teenager? :wub:

While it's unfortunate that they had to cut stuff, it's the nature of the game. I liked the scene in the mansion, even though it wasn't funny like the anime/manga.

Man, that CG of the bottle of sauce was just hilarious. Looked like those cheesy SFX you see in the first season of Smallville. But I liked the scene that came about because of it.

I had a feeling they were going to combine the parties Tsukushi went to with the second where she kisses Tsukasa, so that wasn't a surprise.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Oct 29th, '05, 04:51

damn...after watchin ep2..wow..Matsushima Nanako is in this too..hehe..now that was a surprise I wasen't expecting..hehe..

Eria

Post by Eria » Oct 29th, '05, 05:02

so all i can say is, i'm over the anime and the manga. hah! :mrgreen: i'll probably get flamed for saying that but hey, it's my opinion! :P

i saw the 2nd ep and i'm just totally blown. matsujun's piercing eyes got through me so my thought process is scattered everywhere. it's like... WOAH! wahahaha!

i'm sprung at this drama. there were parts where i was swearing at those 3 conceited breezes, to matsujun for starting to get all sprung out, and to tsukushi for starting to get all purty and what not! arghhhh! hahahha! anyway, can't wait for ep 3! tsukasa's sis is coming home! that should be one of the long-awaited highlights. yatta!

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Oct 29th, '05, 05:48

hey girls!
i love ep 2 to death!
i'm dying for ep 3 and at the meantime, please write on their official fan website on the fan letter or the bbs or the favourite scene section!

http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanayoridango/fan.html

i've already written 2 fan letters to jun and in ENGLISH!
there are already some overseas fans writing in english there!

i think actors/actresses are also human and they need encouragement from us fans too!

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Oct 29th, '05, 06:08

I'm in the process of d/ling the second episode, I can't wait!! Are there softsubs out yet? I want to wait for the subs and watch it then but I don't think I can wait that long.... ahhhh

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Oct 29th, '05, 06:17

TAIHEN TAIHEN!!!!
I NEED HELP IN TRANSLATING!

it seems like last night the mangaka of hyd wrote a letter to the staff and cast of hyd!

here it is:

『花より男子』制作スタッフの皆様・出演者の皆様へ
  先日はお忙しい中楽しい時間をありがとうございました。
  第1話拝見いたしました!
  すばらしいシーンとセットの数々、大変感動してしまいました…!

つくし役の井上真央ちゃんはつくしそのもので、もう最高!でした。
  そして、道明寺役の松本潤くんの孤独でからっぽな瞳が素晴らしかったです。
  あの瞳が私が描きたかったそのものでした。

つくしがレイプ未遂されるときの涙に
  思わず原作者を忘れてもらい泣きしてしまいました。
  (ごめんなさい。ほんとヒドイ漫画描いてますね)
  その後の小栗くん扮する類のポツリとつぶやくような話し方に
  「ああ、本当に類ってこういう話し方をするのかもしれない…」と思いました。

西門役の松田くんと美作役の阿部くんが
  道明寺の暴れっぷりに「あ~あ」となる表情がまたすごくよくて、呆れながらも幼馴なじみでほうっておけないF4の団結力を感じられてステキでした!
  そして、加賀まりこさんの迫力ある道明寺母に画面の前でドキドキしてしまいました。

すばらしい出演者の方々に花男が彩られて、本当に感謝しています。
  ありがとうございます。

お嫁に出した作品が立派になって
  また私に「頑張りなさい」といっているようで
  ドラマによって勇気をいただいてしまいました。
  視聴者の皆様もそうであってほしいと心から願っています。

もう、いただいたこの先の台本を拝見して道明寺の純粋さと天然さを表現する台詞がかわいくて、それをつっこむつくしやF3がおかしくて。
  素晴らしい脚本家の先生がたで幸せです。
  「ここをこうきたのか!すごいー。」と原作者も原作ファンの皆様も楽しめる作りになっていて、またこれを出演者の方々がどう演じられるのか…それがまたとっても楽しみです。

長丁場ですが、スタッフの皆様、出演者の皆様
  どうぞくれぐれも風邪などお気をつけください。

長くなりましたが、テレビの前から応援しています!

神尾葉子

Please someone translate!!!!

moonlit

Post by moonlit » Oct 29th, '05, 09:12

Oh my gosh I just saw it, and it was even better than the first episode. I can't wait for the third one!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 29th, '05, 12:40

Nomanymore wrote: Watch HANA YORI DANGO EPS 01 - 02 [new] ONLINE NOW !!!!!! :lol:

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2005/06/ ... nline.html

Yaaaaa , so excited :)
You know that there is a clubbox thread you can always post your links instead of spamming every thread :glare:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 29th, '05, 12:49

yup yup , i know , sorry for that , just so excited , akakak :D luve HYD , yaaaaa :D sorry for that again :p

zgnoud

Post by zgnoud » Oct 29th, '05, 12:56

ROFL, anyone noticed the beginning of episode 2 when Tsukushi walked into that room? though im not really sure (b/c i dont know japanese =P), i noticed that she said that the room looks like Harry potter Feast room ? :D lol, i dont know if that was intentional, but it seems to be a nice parody gimmic as theres a "harry potter"-ish theme song in the Drama. lol nice touch :)
Last edited by zgnoud on Oct 29th, '05, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Oct 29th, '05, 13:14

I've noticed that too , the music and now the rooms , akaka , just like Harry Potter !!! anyways , I luve both of them , sooo , not matter for me yaaaaa :D

DuffFan

Post by DuffFan » Oct 29th, '05, 15:48

kyaaa~~~~~

i just finished watching the chinese fansub.
ep 2 is so good~~~

i am very surprised at how fast paced this is. tsuakasa's sis already coming back!!

i think Rui isn't as bad as everyone says.... Sure, Vic Zhou may have done a better job, but this guy [dont know his name ^^''] isn't all that bad either... he still has that aura of subtleness and mystery around him... and he's cute :wub: [reminds me of of Yukihiro from L'arc~en~Ciel, they look like brothers, seriously. so alike ._.]

one thing about this drama is there are so many instances when i just wanna jump into the screen and bash some of those bullies. props to shizuka/shizuku for getting those three girls :lol

roguechinadoll

Post by roguechinadoll » Oct 29th, '05, 16:00

I only watched a few of the first episodes of this jdrama. It got boring after awhile since I had already watched the anime and read the manga. I think the manga will always be my favorite version. <3

unkei

Post by unkei » Oct 29th, '05, 16:06

DuffFan wrote:i just finished watching the chinese fansub.
ep 2 is so good~~~
=o is it possible if i could know where i can download the chinese fansub? thank you in advance!

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 29th, '05, 18:15

Nomanymore wrote:yup yup , i know , sorry for that , just so excited , akakak :D luve HYD , yaaaaa :D sorry for that again :p
Yes, please stop spamming your clubbox everywhere and your site also. I've already warned you once about it in a torrent thread.. :|

wachi

Post by wachi » Oct 29th, '05, 21:09

DuffFan wrote:i think Rui isn't as bad as everyone says.... Sure, Vic Zhou may have done a better job, but this guy [dont know his name ^^''] isn't all that bad either... he still has that aura of subtleness and mystery around him... and he's cute :wub: [reminds me of of Yukihiro from L'arc~en~Ciel, they look like brothers, seriously. so alike ._.]
Who said RUI is bad? Dude, RUI is like the best actor out of the F4. I'm sure not just my opinion. Shun Oguri is perfect as RUI, sure Vic is cuter, but I don't think he is as talented as Shun Oguri. Shun has that special charms to him as RUI that whenever you see him smirk or smile, make you wanna melt. Not sure what everyone else said, but I think he makes a great RUI.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Oct 29th, '05, 21:37

@fybabe: did you already find someone who translated or is willing to translate the letter?

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Oct 29th, '05, 22:01

The letter doesn't really say anything too note-worthy. It's basically just saying how she watched the first episode of the drama and how she enjoyed it, etc. Nothing too interesting. :|

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Oct 29th, '05, 22:08

I think it's cute how she's all excited over the show. I'm in the middle of translating it btw. Should be done in 10 to 20 minutes. (Sorry, I'm tired...)

wachi

Post by wachi » Oct 29th, '05, 22:22

No probs, take your time. It's only a day after.. no rush.

Oh wait, you meant the LETTER? :D

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Oct 29th, '05, 23:26

Gah. Of course I'm not just casually deciding to write the fansubs for the most recent episode that's out. I almost fell asleep doing the translation of this fairly short letter. :P
Neways, here it is:

Dear "Hana yori Dango" stuff, dear cast,
Thank you very much for the previous day which was very busy but fun as
well.
I've watched the first episode!
There were many great scenes and sets, I was so moved...!

Maou Inoue-chan who stars Tsukushi is already at her best!
Furthermore Jun Matsumoto-kun in the role of Doumyouji was fantastic as
the lonely, blank minded student. It's exactly like I pictured it.

When Tsukushi was about to get raped I couldn't help but cry even though
I'm the author.
(I'm sorry. I really did a bad job on picturing this scenario on the manga.)
Furthermore Oribe-kun alias Rui's way of quietly speaking made me think:
"Ahh, if this isn't exactly the way Rui speaks..."  

Matsuda-kun alias Nishikado and Abe-kun alias Mimasaka shouting "Aaah"
and their expressions about Doumyouji's outbursts were as great as always,
and the F4's strong bond of friendship is amazing!
Mariko Kaga-san was so exciting in the role of Doumyouji's mother, she
made my heart run when she made her appearance on the screen.

Everyone's make-up was perfect, too, I cannot tell you how grateful I am.
Thank you so very much.

The work I gave in someone else's hands turned out to be splendid, so I'm
back to saying "Go and do your best!". It's the drama that gave me this
kind of strength.
Dearest fans of the drama, I sincerly wish from the bottom of my heart that
you're feeling the same way.

I've already gotten the script before to see how cute Doumyouji's genuinely
and innocently expressed lines are, and the F3 are too funny for the resulting
confusion.
I'm so happy about the great script writer.
"To come this far!" was what the author and the fans enjoyed about its script.
And I can't wait to find out how they will play next.

They had a long way, everyone from the stuff, the whole cast,   
Please take good care of yourselves.

It turned out so great, I'm cheering on you from in front of my tv.

Kamio Youko

---

As I said, I'm dead tired and I had been spending like 10 hours on working on a presentation right before I started translating the letter, so don't be surprised if you find a lot of mistakes. I'll probably come back tomorrow and edit the text. Until then you'll have at least an impression of what the letter contains. Btw, where did you find it?
Last edited by Kathleen on Oct 30th, '05, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Oct 30th, '05, 00:28

wooo such inspiring letter...thanks for translating!! take a good sleep now Kathleen!!