7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

Kulture

Post by Kulture » Dec 16th, '05, 05:04

I guess maybe I am the only one who absolutly adores this show but am glad its ending. I really hate it when something is drug on and ran through the mud just because its popular. Sequels can be good, but often suck >_<

This tension reminds me of PGSM when it drew to a close. I for one have never seen or read any other form of HYD, so I am extremely satisfied with how things went. But BSSM on the other hand has been a passion of mine for many years. But I feel everytime they make an adaptation of a story, it should just be that. No one wants to see the same thing over and over. It give the mangaka and creative directors room to grow and add and delete things that could have been better or just plain stunk.

I cant wait for tomorrow, I am waiting on pins a needles, but I hope in the back of my mind that they end it well tonight and everyone lives happily ever after. my favorite kind of ending. :D

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 16th, '05, 07:37

Kulture wrote:I guess maybe I am the only one who absolutly adores this show but am glad its ending. I really hate it when something is drug on and ran through the mud just because its popular. Sequels can be good, but often suck >_<

This tension reminds me of PGSM when it drew to a close. I for one have never seen or read any other form of HYD, so I am extremely satisfied with how things went. But BSSM on the other hand has been a passion of mine for many years. But I feel everytime they make an adaptation of a story, it should just be that. No one wants to see the same thing over and over. It give the mangaka and creative directors room to grow and add and delete things that could have been better or just plain stunk.

I cant wait for tomorrow, I am waiting on pins a needles, but I hope in the back of my mind that they end it well tonight and everyone lives happily ever after. my favorite kind of ending. :D
You watched PGSM too!! The last two episodes of PGSM was heart-wreching, I never in a million years that the producers would take this direction to end it that way. I was pretty satified after watching the last ep. of PGSM and thank god there was 2 specials afterward. It definitely made up a year of watching that show with the specials as the bonus rewards.

Anyway, I love how PGSM took that action of filming because everyone knows how the story is. So, I really hope that HYD would end it as satisfying as PGSM.
Hana Yori Dango 2: Is it that difficult to be TOGETHER??
*ThAnKS to ureshi~ & carshrimp for HYD 2 Avatars*

imamess

Post by imamess » Dec 16th, '05, 07:50

i'm glad they took a different direction for the end. i've read the manga so many times. i own about 15 volumes of the japanese version, and it's the first raw japanese manga i ever bought. so, i know the story well, and these little differences between the stories keep me alive.

everyone talks about tsukasa and rui, but i don't see too much discussion about how the other two are portrayed (although this is a big thread). akira was one of my favorite characters in the manga, and i do like how they have emphasized the fact that he's really the one that holds everyone together. i wish they'd show his mom and sisters though. that's one of my favorite parts of the manga (so funny!). the only thing that bugs me in that abe tsukiyoshi seems to only have one facial expression, that kinda confused/annoyed look. but the think with the okami is kinda cute, even if she's really strange. i laughed so hard when she was pretty much compairing akira to santa because they both like to make others happy. that was the one time his expression worked so well.

i just want to see how everything plays out. i hope it's posted by 2 eastern time tomorrow. i work at 2:30, get out at 11, and go back at 7:15 saturday morning and i can't wait til i get out of work saturday to see it.

peachy-sama

Post by peachy-sama » Dec 16th, '05, 12:22

hello guys!! just one question:

who was that guy with makino in the club? you know, the one involved with her scandalous photos?

thanks!

ebony

Post by ebony » Dec 16th, '05, 12:36

it's finally arrived the day of the last episode and i really can't wait :D
INSTEAD OF ASKING FOR THE SUBS WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THEM :D

theloststarling

Post by theloststarling » Dec 16th, '05, 15:05

the last episode was sooo wonderful!!! I was crying!!! :cry:
Currently Watching:
Saiyuuki, Good Luck!, Mukodono

jellybean4

last episode

Post by jellybean4 » Dec 16th, '05, 15:07

I just saw the last episode about 3 minutes ago and am feeling pretty good about it. I haven't read the manga, but have really developed a liking for the characters and storyline. I have to say that the way they ended it in the drama could go either way, sequal or no sequal. No spoliers here, but on the last image before the credits, it said "See you soon!" on the bottom, which leads me to believe that there MIGHT be a sequal, unless they were just referring to the release of the DVD in March. Who knows. Anything could happen, but I can definitely say that another season would definitely be welcome in my eyes. :wub:

theloststarling

Post by theloststarling » Dec 16th, '05, 15:22

Yeah, I'm really hoping the "See you Soon!" means a sequel. I'm definetly planning on buying the dvds when they come out though.
Currently Watching:

kelly84

Post by kelly84 » Dec 16th, '05, 15:32

omg...when the torrent will come out???!!!!!! i cant wait anymore...hehe

vicvicious

Post by vicvicious » Dec 16th, '05, 15:41

the last episode was sooo wonderful!!! I was crying!!!
gosh! theloststarling, you're killing me slightly! waiting for the final episode is torturing me to death! :cry:

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Dec 16th, '05, 15:47

*FLAIL*! :cry: :goggle:

Now I have to wait for the torrent! and the subs! It was good? The ending was good? I'm not going to be sad? No??

theloststarling

Post by theloststarling » Dec 16th, '05, 15:57

awww!! gomen minna-san!!!

I'm sure once the raw comes out people will have the opportunity to watch (if they can undertstand the Japanese or can listen and enjoy the pretty obvious plot line). If not, I'm sure the subs will be coming out soon.

I heard that Hard Gay was somewhere in the episode but I couldn't find him. Did anyone else notice if he was there?
Currently Watching:

minerva

Post by minerva » Dec 16th, '05, 16:07

someone.. can somebody please put some spoiler for this last episode? Or at least how ot ended, good, bad, could be worse, could be better, or anything.. I'm dying for curious here,since I cannot download from torrent anymore (hix..)

don't forget to put spoiler tag ^^

twothreefour

Post by twothreefour » Dec 16th, '05, 16:12

If you go to the HYD official website they already have a gallery up of pics from the episode.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanayoridango/gallery.html

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 16th, '05, 16:49

theloststarling wrote:the last episode was sooo wonderful!!! I was crying!!! :cry:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I wanna see!!!!!
:cry:
Was good????
I don't have guts to see the pics in the TBS official site.... :cry:
I want to see the last ep!!!!!
I hope the "see you soon" could be a second season....
I'm trully not feeling well...
>_<

Rizu-Chan

Post by Rizu-Chan » Dec 16th, '05, 17:36

Ahhhhh! The last episode!
I still need to watch the subs for episode 8, because I only have a general idea of what went on.
If Domoyouji and Makino don't end up together, I think I'll cry.

neena

Post by neena » Dec 16th, '05, 17:59

i'm so eager to watch it right now!! you guys are killing me! i saw those pictures on the official site and i'm feeling really sad that this is the last episode! i really really hope that "See you soon" means a second season!

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Dec 16th, '05, 18:09

minerva wrote:someone.. can somebody please put some spoiler for this last episode? Or at least how ot ended, good, bad, could be worse, could be better, or anything.. I'm dying for curious here,since I cannot download from torrent anymore (hix..)

don't forget to put spoiler tag ^^
'Copied & pasted' from jdorama forum (Link : http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.7658.2260.htm)

Iris(from jdorama forum) wrote: Makino manages to the final stage in the TOJ but finally doesn't win.
Dom has promised his mom that he will go to New York if Makino doesn't win, so he writes a letter for her and asks Rui to give to her.
Makino rushes to Dom's private airport just when the plane is about to take off. Dom and his mom see her, and she (the mom) orders the pilot to stop to give Dom and Makino some time together (not bad mom after all). Makino then admits she is in love with Dom and they kiss (FINALLY!!).
Dom promises he will come back and be with her forever, or something like that.
Sounds good :-)
Ohno Satoshi :wub:

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 16th, '05, 20:21

HYD Ep.9 RAW seems to be late coming out today, probably because it's the last episode I think!!

I'm so jealous now that most people have seen it already!!

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 16th, '05, 20:23

Hmm, just judging by that spoiler, they're . . .
They're setting up a cliffhanger for a 2nd season.

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 16th, '05, 20:23

Hana yori dango ep09 (704x396 DivX) RAW is OUT on D-ADDICTS!!

FINALLY!!

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 16th, '05, 20:30

And, yet, I feel sad. The show is finally over. :(

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 16th, '05, 20:47

I'm making the download
\o\~~/o/ *Dancing... and then...
:cry: *crying

I don't know if I'm happy that i will see the last ep.
or if I'm sad that i will see the last ep..
:unsure:

I will totally miss wait every week for more HYD :cry:

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Dec 17th, '05, 00:48

aaaaaah....I was sooooo happy after watchin the final ep.Why did they have to end it at ep9..now that's soo rare to end an ep at 9..usually 10/11 is the norm..Well anyway, I was pleased with how it ended, but I have a feeling it's not over yet :lol
"See you Soon"..hmm.. what does that imply at the end of the ep..I wonder..lol..Hmm if they come out with a special, I want to see Makino in a wedding dress
Back from a long vacation

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Dec 17th, '05, 00:52

i cried!! oh man thanks for that summary!! i was sorta half lost as to why dom was so sad that she came in second.!! ^__^ .. adn the

ending part.... is that a hint towards a season 2!?!? :O I HOPE SOOOOOOO

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Dec 17th, '05, 01:10

yaaaayyyyy
we actually have the necklace and the kiss!!!
:wub:
this is absolutely the best episode for me
but i should wait for subs to have more precise meanings

anbuSubgeta

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Post by anbuSubgeta » Dec 17th, '05, 01:18

Nani! Nani! Nani! Nani! :O I just watch the last ep. omg wtf like whats up with the see you soon thing so i assume we can expect a second season some time around huh.....

But it was a great series while it lasted......oh and i will seed as much as i can.....

usyagitntn

Post by usyagitntn » Dec 17th, '05, 01:34

ok, I watched the last ep raw didn't understand much but I have a general idea about what's going on.
The ending is good :wub: :D. And the "See you soon" line really gets my hopes up for a second season or a special :-)

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 17th, '05, 02:48

EP.9 OPINION:

I just saw Ep.9, here is what I thought:
I won't say I particular objective to the ending of Ep.9. I wish Dom and Makino scenes could be longer. WHY?????? Did she even say I love you to Dom? I think she did admitted right? The necklace scene is ok, but I expected it was combined with the saturn scene as well. The KISSS???? URGH!!! Horrible, why every Japanese drama I seen has that sunset on the background. Totally ruined the scene for me!!
Anyway, I am 100% sure that they will the SPECIAL to HYD SOOONNN!!! Not sure about 2nd Season through!! I think the ending really followed the MANGA closely!!

Will the Special be shown on TV or out on DVD?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 03:27

If they do a sequel, I think that they would do it in the spring 2006 season :)

kookygal

Post by kookygal » Dec 17th, '05, 03:30

ooh..i really want a special now, even though the ending was really good...sigh..now my fridays will no longer feel complete ><

ebony

Post by ebony » Dec 17th, '05, 04:01

i haven't watched the last episode yet i'm still waiting for it to download but as i haven't read the manga, in your opinion does it do the manga justice or does it let it down.
Are you happy with the ending or did you find it a disappointment?
INSTEAD OF ASKING FOR THE SUBS WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THEM :D

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Dec 17th, '05, 04:23

I can't believe it's over already, but I think the scripwriter who adapted the story for TV did a good job. And I like how they incorporated the TOJ storyline because none of the other versions did. I would have liked to see the maid storyline (the one where Tsukushi works as Domyouji's maid). I think that would have been really funny with this cast. :D

I hope they do a sequel (and not just a special). I'm not really worried that it might not be as good because if they have the same good scriptwriter (and hopefully the same cast!), I think it will be okay. What I wouldn't want to watch is Hana Yori Dango with a different cast. That would just be too weird. I just hope they don't wait too long before the next one comes out. I remember it took Fuji TV three years to release "Hitotsu Yane no Shita 2" after the original. I can't wait that long!

I wonder if they'll do any other manga storylines for next drama season. Now that HYD is over, the next one I am looking forward to is the Kdrama, Palace. (Prince marries common girl, kinda like HYD maybe...)
Last edited by Toritorisan on Dec 17th, '05, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 17th, '05, 04:25

Wow! :wub: :wub: :wub:
I find myself liking only every second episode, so I should've known from the beginning I'd like this one. hehe.
Even though I'm not really a Jun fan I must say he looked awesome in this episode.
What I like best about the last episode is
the last line: "See you soon!" So they already decided for a second season. YAY! XD
I only wonder what it will be about. Hopefully not the umi arc which is sadly enough the most likely for a special or a second season as there isn't much other left now that Kaede has become softer.
I really liked the way Tsukushi confessed her love to him. Very unlike the manga Tsukushi but in her own way very sweet and cute. And I especially liked how they did the kiss (it looked so pure and innocent!) and the way Doumyouji instantly flung his arms around her as soon as she said she's in love with him. The way he embraced her was so intense, watching it made me kind of feel what Tsukushi felt in this right moment.
Another thing I thought of when watching the last episode: There must be a reason why they named her Ayano and not Shigeru. My guess is they wanted to leave her part open for a second season. Shigeru and Ayano from the drama haven't much in common after all. Even with her being Doumyouji's fiancée, they have an entirely different story, starting with the way they met Doumyouji for the first time.
Things that have disappointed me:
The Saturn necklace. I really didn't want to have it in the last episode, and especially not like that as it totally loses its meaning without the star gazing and everything.
I also didn't like the way Doumyouji is being dragged to Kaede. Why would they have to go all the way to follow him to a public place in order to kidnap him to the place where he took off from only a couple of hours before? This makes no sense at all!
Basically I'm happy about the last episode. Sad they stuffed it with too many things from the manga, like the cookies and the Saturn necklace but still very very nice. I was happy to see it has neither a happy nor a sad ending. :)
P.S. Happy birthday ebony! :party:

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 04:55

It was a great ending to a great story. The story had a very nice flow. Ultimately, if there was any weakness in the drama, it was probably in Koji Tamaki's not being able to really emote. Basically, he had that permanent smile which seems too obviously forced ... Tho this was required, needed a little more to bring out the depth that of the character and really connect with Kanno's awesome performance and overcome the age gap. But a great job on the theme song! :thumleft:

MuSiC_RoCkz

Post by MuSiC_RoCkz » Dec 17th, '05, 08:40

Can i ask something... it seems that in the end Tsukushi and Domyouji is not together... is there any more episode of Hana Yori Dango???

Domyouji left Tsukushi on the christmas night and it finished...

Is there anymore episode or movie or next version??? i'm very excited to see the two main character be together... i'm a bit disappointed when Domyouji left with his mother and left Tsukushi alone... so i wonder if there is any more of Hana Yori Dango...

Sorry to ask cos i dont really know where to find a answer... a few weeks ago, when i was downloading the drama of Hana Yori Dango, i saw something like a Hana Yori Dango Movie part 2 but i didn't download it... a few months later, when i wanted to download that, it's gone... sorry to ask... i hope someone can tell me the answer... thanks a lot...

Chikan

Post by Chikan » Dec 17th, '05, 12:19

wow, some people are really too stupid not to hide the spoilers, gratz Music_Rockz...

on a side note, there maybe a sequel, only time will tell.

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 17th, '05, 13:58

MuSiC_RoCkz wrote: i saw something like a Hana Yori Dango Movie part 2 but i didn't download it... a few months later, when i wanted to download that, it's gone... sorry to ask... i hope someone can tell me the answer... thanks a lot...
You mean HYD Movie made in early 90's? Here you can download it:

http://clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy

->Go under Timmy's movie and you can see Hana Yori Dango [Original Meteor Garden/F4]: HYD Part 1 and HYD Part 2 Movie!!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 17th, '05, 14:05

uhm , i finished the last eps last night , and .... ^_^ have to say that i didn't like the end much X[ dun't know why but i feel there will certainle season 2 , hohoh , cuz i feel it's uncomplet ....

aso0omy-chan

Post by aso0omy-chan » Dec 17th, '05, 18:11

woa~~~~~~~~h! i just watched the 9th ep! i think there is more, it cant be ended like that! >___________< i hope there will be a 2nd season or something like that!
if I just can write the whole song... YamaPi, atashi wa tottemo suki desu! :heart: __ :heart:

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 17th, '05, 18:36

Wow! no other words seems to come out after that last scene.. WOW!! that is all I can come up with! it was definitely great!! I hung on to every second of that last episode.. it went by too soon, but they did a great job.. a marvelous job! In depth.. this is how I saw it.
I couldn't stop crying, I just knew he was going to leave just like the manga did.. I was just so sad! 15 minutes before it ended.. I felt like stretching the time just so I can see more!
The things I loved!
-I like the fact that Domyouji went back to TOJ to support Makino. The things he said [though I didn't understand], the way he said those words of encouragement, then how she smiled whenever she heard him. It was so sweet!
-The scenes before the ending.. It was cute how she made him something for their "date". Though I would have wished they [screenwriters] didn't jam pack this last episode with a lot of things in the mange..
-The whole TOJ. It was really nice to see it live, since no other version seemed to want to show that. And they did a fantastic job in following the whole TOJ event.
-My absolute favorite part was the whole scene when Makino followed Domyouji to the airport. The way she ran after the plane, her feelings were obvious then. The way they angled his face and her running was heartwarming. :lol The whole scene where they were confronted face to face was fantastic. Their actions towards each other held the true essence of their love. Domyouji's sudden action in hugging Makino was great. It showed how even at unpredictable times, he can be surprising. He can show his feelings through his actions. As for Makino, it didn't take a japanese speaker to be able to tell that she was confessing her love to him. I'm glad to know they'd both confessed their love together.. and at the same time. But the tipping on the cake was the kiss!! :wub: The kiss was mindblowing in the sense that it was so pure, but they captured it in a way that will make your heart melt. :wub: Mine sure did! Their kiss was romantic and innocent, in other words, IT WAS PERFECT!!!
- another thing I loved was the scene when Makino went back to the place where Domyouji once waited for her for their 1st date. Reminicing those times just shows that she truly does miss him and has feeling for him.
-the words.. see you soon.. I wasn't quite sure how to take it.. but it definitely made me feel good.. did she mean see you soon, as in see you soon Domyouji when you come back.. or was that directed to the audience.. as in see you soon in the next season?!? Gehh.. sorry.. I'm still hung up on the hopes of a second season.. I still believe that they will have one for some reason!! :cry: God how I wish they do!

The things I didn't really like:
-The way Domyouji was wrapped up as if he's going to a mental institution when they brought him to Kaede, I was like.. what the hell?!
-The way the Saturn necklace was just given like that. the significance of the Saturn necklace was somewhat lost because Domyouji wasn't there to give it to her.. and the whole stargazing and him once again portraying how he feels, was somewhat lost..
-How the screenwriters packed too many significant events [cookie, the necklace] in this last episode.

Though I kind of got bored in 7 & 8 [probably b/c I already knew what was going to happen..] the final episode definitely brought back the spark that I've always had for this version. Like I said before, I like Meteor Garden as well.. and they shouldn't be compared to one another.. but now.. I think.. no I know that I like the Japan version better. It may be short, but the screenplay was great and the cast made it all the worthwhile. It's sad to know that I will have my last Friday [eng. sub] next week, anxiously waiting for this series.. hmm.. I just hope they will have a second season!!! :lol :lol

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 17th, '05, 18:52

hmm_yeh wrote:
-the words.. see you soon.. I wasn't quite sure how to take it.. but it definitely made me feel good.. did she mean see you soon, as in see you soon Domyouji when you come back.. or was that directed to the audience.. as in see you soon in the next season?!?
It must be the latter since it's not Tsukushi's line but everyone's. We see the F4 and Tsukushi while they show the line so it must be like: "Come and see us in our most-likely-to-come special" or anything. I also guess that they wanted to provoke us to react exactly like that and to ask for a second season or a special. Whatever, it's definitely not Tsukushi saying this to Doumyouji.

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Dec 17th, '05, 18:53

I regards to op 9...
First thing I noticed was that the opening didn't have an episode number under the title, like all previous eps. It just said 「最終回スペシャル」 which means Final Special. Makes me think... why Special? Why not Final Episode? I think there will definitely be another season. :D

I was kinda disappointed that the last ep would be primarity the TOJ contest. It was really cute and all, but it didn't leave much room for Domyouji/Makino together time. :argue:

The only thing I can say about Domyouji leaving Makino behind in the end is that it leaves a good place for another season to start from... like how they deal with the time apart or start from when he returns.

If there isn't a second season, I just can't see how they could end the show with them being apart.
Maybe I'll feel differently after I see the hardsub version next week.

Hana Yori Dango 2nd Season お願いします!!! :pray:

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 17th, '05, 19:07

Kathleen wrote:
It must be the latter since it's not Tsukushi's line but everyone's. We see the F4 and Tsukushi while they show the line so it must be like: "Come and see us in our most-likely-to-come special" or anything. I also guess that they wanted to provoke us to react exactly like that and to ask for a second season or a special. Whatever, it's definitely not Tsukushi saying this to Doumyouji.
Hmm.. :P I'm feeling giddy inside now, thank you thank you! i sure do hope there will be a follow up. It was just such a great series and I really think they did very well on it!
@ blacknblue:
hmm just read the manga.. you'll understand more.. [edit] but I'm definitely with you on the hopes of a second season!
Last edited by hmm_yeh on Dec 17th, '05, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 17th, '05, 19:08

bLaCkNbLuE wrote:
First thing I noticed was that the opening didn't have an episode number under the title, like all previous eps. It just said 「最終回スペシャル」 which means Final Special. Makes me think... why Special? Why not Final Episode? I think there will definitely be another season.
Read the lines that they show at the end of episode 8 to understand what that "special" is all about. Or save the time and read this:
It's basically just a 15 minutes longer episode. This is why they said after 45 minutes "Thanks to Vodaphone, P&G, blah blah blah that supported us until now." I think it was kind of funny because they seemed to try and make clear that P&G and them all didn't pay for the 15 minutes special so they're out of the game after the regular airing time.
The final ep of MG had a 15 minutes special, too btw.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 17th, '05, 19:11

Wow, hmm_yeh, you wrote a major manga spoiler to blacknblue. Sure, you used the spoiler tag but it seems you're referring to the drama only so I think it's kind of unfair to those who might still wanna read the manga. ^^;

And well, yeah let's hope for a second season. Next time they won't be in such a hurry either so it won't be too rushed and confusing or anything.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 19:29

Just got the c-subbed version of ep9! time to start watchin

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 17th, '05, 19:58

geh.. whoops! I edited the reply.. hope not much read it.. :doh:

I agree. It would be nice if they could emphasize more on the major events if they do a second season.

chidaib17

Post by chidaib17 » Dec 17th, '05, 20:46

i think the meteor is suck, the main actress in that movie isn't good, she not really suit Makino, Makino is a strong and funny girl but the girl in Meteor doesn't look like that, she's look so bored, just my opinion, hope that won't hurt anyone who love her.

yunwun2k1

Post by yunwun2k1 » Dec 17th, '05, 22:16

A second season should definitely be in order for a fantastic drama such as this! Anyone else agree?

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Dec 17th, '05, 22:27

hmm_yeh wrote:geh.. whoops! I edited the reply.. hope not much read it.. :doh:

I agree. It would be nice if they could emphasize more on the major events if they do a second season.
Its okay... I just got around to reading your reply, so you didn't spoil anything for me. I've been reading the manga. I'm on vol 7 or 8, I think. I have a long way to go :P

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 17th, '05, 23:17

NO! LAST EPISODE HAS FINALLY COME!

I´m SO sad it was the final episode!!! Gosh, my Fridays are dead without Hanadan!
The last episode was GREAT and I´m pretty satisfied with it.

Just agreeing with hmm_yeh,
I loved the scenes you said before.
I didn´t like the ToJ arc in manga, but in drama, it suited perfectly.
I liked when Rui says to Tsukushi to follow Doumyouji, just like she said to him when he fllowed Shizuka. The Rui of drama is much cooler than the Rui of manga. I definitely liked this Rui!
I loved how Doumyouji supported Tsukushi at ToJ, it was so sweet.
Most of all, I loved the airport scene. It reminds me the bus scene of manga, but it was Tsukushi who (finally) was running after him. The way Doumyouji hugged Tsukushi after she confessed she is in love with him was... OMG, I can´t put it in words. The whole airport part was wonderful and adorable. And thank God, they´ve finally kissed! I was definitely looking for that.

What I didn´t like is the Saturn neckless thing. I was hoping they would do the Saturn gaze, and then, Doumyouji would give her the neckless, just like it happened on manga. Although the Saturn neckless really happened on drama, I wish they´ve done the way it was on manga.

About the cookies: although it was a mess putting it in this last episode, I thought it was a great idea to put it.

So, we´re going to have a special or a second season? YAY!!!! :cheers:
I´m pretty sure it´s gonna have something like that after reading the "see you soon". Even if it´s going to be a special, it would be nice.
Now Hanadan is finished, I can say what I think about the whole drama.
I think the script writers did an amazing job with so short time. Hanadan was a rush, too fast-paced, which doesn´t give the exact meaning of the whole relationship between Doumyouji and Tsukushi. But even if we had 11 episodes for Hanadan, it wouldn´t still be enough. So, that´s why we need a second season! :P

The cast was great (and I hope that if a second season comes, the cast will be the same). The main characters´ (Tsukushi, Doumyouji and Rui) actors did a great job, specially Jun - because Doumyouji is so complex and he did it very well. The supporting actors were good too, but some of them definitely need to work harder.
Kaede´s actress didn´t suit to the part. Although Shota (Soujiro) and Abe (Akira) did an average job, I think there are many actors that could have done their parts better.
Nanako is one of my favorites actress in Japan, so I liked her as Tsubaki. She always does a good job.
Sakurako´s actress surprised me. Although I thought she was so-so on some parts, she did a pretty good job as Sakurako.

The setting was perfect, the scenes were all well made, and on a such beautiful places. I didn´t know Tokyo was so beautiful like they´ve showed in this drama.

So, although it had some boring parts, although the cast wasn´t perfect (but the main cast was), although it was too fast-paced and although they´ve cut some important scenes of manga, I loved this show and it makes justice to the manga, in my opinion. I´ve watched some episodes of Meteor Garden, but I didn´t like it - because I couldn´t stand the terrible acting, even Meteor Garden following so close the manga; also I didn´t enjoy the anime - because drawing was pretty terrible too and it didn´t catch me, but the drama is amazing!!! The only "adaptation" of the manga that I really enjoyed since the beggining is Hanadan drama. I wish it could be longer, and my hopes now goes to a second season.

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Dec 18th, '05, 00:49

OMG.. I'm not gonna comment much on this last episode. I'm just too everwhelmed with all kinds of emotions. Can't say anything yet. Just wanna say I was LMFAO when they rolled Domyojij in à la Silence of the Lambs. XD

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 18th, '05, 06:03

OMG
I not even a little bit critical.. no I'm NOT neuter..
i don't even care about for other people think that is a good drama or if make sense...
Because THIS IS Hanadan...
Trully on the essential.. Is Hana Yori Dango...
i the most sweet and heart breaking story...with the most lovelly characters

ALL people in this show congratulations...
Because could be so a MESS this finally ep..
I didnt turn out like a mess...
You know.. when you see a good film but in the end everything is bad...
They did do a good end.
I had some troubles to see this ep...
but i don't regret.
I can't stop to see over and over again the last scene...
Even if lose a litle bit of sense the saturn necklace...
I was so happy.. because was so sweet
just like the saturn necklace scene are...
And they give as christmas present to HYD manga fans this sweet scenes..
that mix everything.. but they did in a way that look so good
And i liked the kiss scene...because had alot of feelings
That airport scene is so good.. because was full of feelings
and couldn't stop crying..
And i hope like Doumioji promisses come back
They Do what they are saying...
And i hope see More HYD SOON
In the end i was really happy...
Last wait about this "See you soon"
I was think "how yoko kamio should feel wacthing this scenes"
And matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao was really good!! Very good actors... no doubt..

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 18th, '05, 06:16

The finale was great! It was a little cheesy here and there, but it exceeded my expectations by far.
The kiss was one of the best one I've seen in a JDorama, the producers did a great job setting up that one.

へたくそ!(This is so poorly made) in the end was funny as hell. It really caught me off guard :lol

blurryeyes

Post by blurryeyes » Dec 18th, '05, 08:36

... the magic words "See you, Soon!".. seeing that made me really happy, i was jumping and screaming, its like i won something :lol my mom even went here in my room to check on me :lol

escapist

Post by escapist » Dec 18th, '05, 13:17

makino_sanbr wrote:
And i liked the kiss scene...because had alot of feelings
That airport scene is so good.. because was full of feelings
and couldn't stop crying..
And i hope like Doumioji promisses come back
They Do what they are saying...
And i hope see More HYD SOON
In the end i was really happy...
Last wait about this "See you soon"
AHHH i couldnt stop crying as well! :cry: but yes I love love loveee the finale. it wrapped up so pretty!
love the entire airport scene. so beautiful. and the dialogue.. "However.. Be it now, or in the future.. Or even further in the future.. You'll still be the only one." :wub:
what can i say? the two are great actors.
and the TOJ part was so entertaining to watch lol how to handle a molester?? gotta hand it to Makino man. the french fashion designer totally cracked me up. and ooh, the mini f4!

and like everyone else, i think what made us happiest on this ep was 'SEE YOU SOON!' :lol
I am so gonna miss this show.
I voted for life-altering, and I dare say I have no regrets.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 18th, '05, 21:26

Now.. I'm more calm...
But yet.. i still cry sometimes.. * I'm really not normal.
I have some comments
I saw the 9 ep, in the late night... so i couldn't do much noise...
But i was laugh so much in TOJ part..
Was so fun!!!
XD
I really enjoy, and after all was a good thing do the TOJ...
Like Shiru-chan said ( i think that was her..) No other HYD adaptation did a TOJ adaptation...
And they did very well..
So I did laughter a lot... :lol
But i cried i lot to.. :cry:
I don't know if someone is crazy as me...
And i download the OST ....
And i already miss this Drama
The music are very good...
I like very much the
01_Hana Yori Dango Main Theme
02_Cloudy Noon
I mostly like 07_Danran that is her family music is so funny XD
Wish (Instrimental For Tv) is very Kawaii!!
Even the music is this drama are very sweet ... i love the Gozen 4 ji, Blue Mind and Tsukushi theme...

Well will stop talking about the music >_<
But is that I'm still to much into this drama

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 19th, '05, 14:45

HYD Ep09: 22.4% rating
*\o/*
*\o\*
*/o/*
Let's celebrate!!!!
This a really good thing...
It's not like Densha Otoko and his 25,5% and 28% high levels...
But is a very good results..
I hope that TBS thinks that too!!!
*\o/*
*\o\*
*/o/*
*\o\*
*/o/*

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 20th, '05, 00:02

makino_sanbr wrote:HYD Ep09: 22.4% rating
*\o/*
*\o\*
*/o/*
Let's celebrate!!!!
This a really good thing...
It's not like Densha Otoko and his 25,5% and 28% high levels...
But is a very good results..
I hope that TBS thinks that too!!!
*\o/*
*\o\*
*/o/*
*\o\*
*/o/*
For sure we have to celebrate the rating, 22.4 is good already when the movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was showing at the same time. The last ep. could have got at least be 25% in rating ,if that movie was not showing at the same time with HYD.

Do you know how the rating system works in Japan? Is 30% considered as the average rating for series? Is 20% considered as low?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 20th, '05, 01:32

Depends on the timeslot and expectations, I'd say that HYD met the expectations, maybe beat it a little. Expectations are based usually on how much is spent on the project.

anyone know how much was spent?

Nowadays, 25+ ratings for doramas are rare. Teens are the norm, generally, single digits indicate underperformance

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 20th, '05, 02:13

I'd say an average drama probably hovers around 10-15%... Dramas that score in the 20s is very high and 30% is way freaking high...only a handful of dramas have had episodes score in the 30s...

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 20th, '05, 03:08

Hey all, I made a wallpaper dedicated to HYD. The picture is obviously from the last ep.. Hope you guys like it, comments on it please.

BTW, it's a very simple layout because both the airplane and the sunset on the background are already the main FOCUS!

Credit me: CarolL

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 20th, '05, 03:46

I'd like the HYD ratings to be higher -- I was hoping for a 24-ish finish -- but it looks like HYD is going to win the ratings ball for fall season.

Still haven't seen Epis 8 or 9 yet. Sigh. So much work to do. :(

aso0omy-chan

Post by aso0omy-chan » Dec 20th, '05, 04:56

Woa~~~~h!!! sugo~~~~~i ne...i like the wallpaper! ^__^
slippyepic wrote:I'd like the HYD ratings to be higher -- I was hoping for a 24-ish finish -- but it looks like HYD is going to win the ratings ball for fall season.

Still haven't seen Epis 8 or 9 yet. Sigh. So much work to do. :(

ka~~~~h! how comw u havent seen the 8th and the 9th episodes till now? a~ a~h! u SHOULD watch them ASAP!!
if I just can write the whole song... YamaPi, atashi wa tottemo suki desu! :heart: __ :heart:

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Dec 20th, '05, 05:26

Hi guys, this is my very 1st post in here. I wanted to ask you experts: is the HYD OST available only in an instrumental version? the one i dl didn't have lyrics...i can't believe how much i love this drama...i guess as much as y'all :D Thanks!

EdiSa

Post by EdiSa » Dec 20th, '05, 07:32

I can't believe that HYD is over already!!!!!! >_< i'm waiting for the subs!!!! so long!!!! aaaaaaa... hahaha... hmmm ... was wondering does n e one hav or noe where to get the lyrics for planetarium??? I love that song!!!

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 20th, '05, 07:58

EdiSa wrote:I can't believe that HYD is over already!!!!!! >_< i'm waiting for the subs!!!! so long!!!! aaaaaaa... hahaha... hmmm ... was wondering does n e one hav or noe where to get the lyrics for planetarium??? I love that song!!!
Here you go:

Planetarium
By Otsuka Ai

Yuuzukiyo kaodasu kieteku kodomo no koe
Tooku tooku kono sora no dakoka ni kimi wa irundarou
Natsu no owari ni futari de nuke dashita kono kouen de mitsuketa
Ano seiza nandaka oboeteru?
Aenakutemo kioku wo tadotte onaji shiawase wo mitainda
Ano kaori to tomoni hanabi ga patto hiraku
Ikitaiyo kimi no tokoro e imasugu kakedashite ikitai yo
Makkura de nanimo mienai kowakutemo daijoubu
Kazoe kirenai hoshizora ga imamo zutto kokoni arundayo
Nakanaiyo mukashi kimi to mita kireina sora datta kara
Ano michi made hibiku kutsu no oto ga mimi ni nokoru
Ookina jibun no kage wo mitsumete omounodeshou
Chittomo kawaranai hazu nanoni setsunai kimochi fukurande ku
Donnani omottatte kimi wa mou inai
Ikitai yo kimi no sobani chiisakutemo chiisakutemo
Ichiban ni kimi ga sukidayo tsuyoku irareru
Negai wo nagareboshi ni sotto tonaete mitakeredo
Nakanai yo todoku darou kirei na sorani
Aenakutemo kioku wo tadotte onaji shiawase wo misetainda
Ano kaori to tomoni hanabi ga patto hiraku
Ikitaiyo kimino tokoro e chiisana te wo nigiri shimete
Nakitaiyo sorewa sorewa kirei na sora datta
Negai wo nagare boshi ni sotto tonaete mitakeredo
Nakitai yo todokanai omoi wo kono sora ni

TRANSLATION:

Evening approaches and the voices of night-smiling children fade
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
At summer’s end, we snuck away together, we found this park
I kind of remember that constellation

Even if I don’t meet you, I can search for memories
Of the same sort of happiness.
Both the smell and fireworks going “bang”

I want to go to where you are
I want to start running there soon
I can’t see anything in the inky darkness
Even if I’m scared I’ll be okay
The wisdom of this clear sky
Is here now all the time.
I didn’t cry when I saw you in the past
Because the sky was clear.

Daily, from that road over there, I can only hear one sound.
Maybe you’ll stare at your big shadow.
It is not in the least expected to change.
A sad feeling expands inside you.
This is the “you’re not there” kind of feeling.

I really want to go and be next to you
Even though I am really, really small
I love you the most
I can be strong
I suddenly try to make a wish on a falling star
Maybe I’ll reach the point where I don’t cry
In a clear sky.

Even if I'm not with you, I can search for memories
Of the same sort of happiness.
Like the smell, together with fireworks going “bang”

I want to go to your place (The place that is with you…)
A small hand clenching yours,
I want to cry; that is a beautiful sky.
I suddenly try to make a wish on a falling star
Under this sky, I don’t think that I want to cry.

theloststarling

Post by theloststarling » Dec 20th, '05, 12:25

Ohlala wrote:Hi guys, this is my very 1st post in here. I wanted to ask you experts: is the HYD OST available only in an instrumental version? the one i dl didn't have lyrics...i can't believe how much i love this drama...i guess as much as y'all :D Thanks!
The only cd that came out for HYD is of all the instrumental tracks in the tv show. The opening song "Wish" by Arashi and "Planetarium" by Otsuka Ai are available as singles. :D
Currently Watching:

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 20th, '05, 14:58

theloststarling wrote:
Ohlala wrote:Hi guys, this is my very 1st post in here. I wanted to ask you experts: is the HYD OST available only in an instrumental version? the one i dl didn't have lyrics...i can't believe how much i love this drama...i guess as much as y'all :D Thanks!
The only cd that came out for HYD is of all the instrumental tracks in the tv show. The opening song "Wish" by Arashi and "Planetarium" by Otsuka Ai are available as singles. :D

Well the OST that wrote about was the instrumentals tracks, And i like so much :wub:
*listening now 'Blue mind'
Thanks for Planetarium lyric!!! It's so beutiful >_<
"I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away"
Sound like that was make to HYD XD

About the rating, i was reading a article about Densha Otoko and there said that
Was one of mostly sucess drama, and in the last Ep was 25,5%
and the high level was 28%
I check in Wiki page, and that was the rating there too...
So i think that 22,4% is a good mark...
I stiil don't know, some people say that HYD was maked in hurry
that TBS did because had to cover a hole...
And some people say that HYD project for a Drama had a long time ago...
I think that at least TBS give a lot of money, was a good production.

I received a e-mail about some itens to purchase in TBS site... so they are still, and will, making money with this Drama...
I would like to buy this cute Tsukushi!!
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/ec/tbs/product/d ... id=cat2098

And HYD Dvd serie the release date is expected to be March 10, 2006. It will be 5 discs
and will come with extras such as a strap and photo book. The price
is 19,950 yen (tax included).
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/ec/tbs/product/d ... id=cat2085

I wanna Buy!!! T__T

[/spoiler]

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 20th, '05, 15:49

makino_sanbr wrote: I received a e-mail about some itens to purchase in TBS site... so they are still, and will, making money with this Drama...
I would like to buy this cute Tsukushi!!
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/ec/tbs/product/d ... id=cat2098

And HYD Dvd serie the release date is expected to be March 10, 2006. It will be 5 discs
and will come with extras such as a strap and photo book. The price
is 19,950 yen (tax included).
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/ec/tbs/product/d ... id=cat2085

I wanna Buy!!! T__T
19950 yen!? :crazy: it's like $180 us!! MG was only ~$120! and it was more than 2x the episodes! wanted to get it to complement the MG set, but now ...
i would have considered up to $100 ($10/ep), but this is insane. Are other dramas similarly priced?

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 20th, '05, 16:03

auroragb wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote: I wanna Buy!!! T__T
19950 yen!? :crazy: it's like $180 us!! MG was only ~$120! and it was more than 2x the episodes! wanted to get it to complement the MG set, but now ...
i would have considered up to $100 ($10/ep), but this is insane. Are other dramas similarly priced?
Because i can NOT afford this that was crying.... -->> T__T

pankanshe

Sad Love Story?

Post by pankanshe » Dec 20th, '05, 18:47

Has anyone thought that this drama is a "sad love story" for Rui? The other F4 guys all ends up with a girl in the end except for Rui (or Lei). Rui was not able to capture Shizuka's or Makino's heart... never saw it this way till recently. Rui was always a lonely character.... and stayed lonely. Any other comments on this?

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Dec 20th, '05, 21:25

theloststarling wrote:
Arigato for the info - from where can i download the 2 singles?

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 20th, '05, 22:02

Ohlala wrote:
theloststarling wrote:
Arigato for the info - from where can i download the 2 singles?
You can download here in D-addicts.
Just search in torrents "Hana Yori Dango"
Has the singles and PV
:D