Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Fleet
Posts: 58
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 04:05
Location: California

Post by Fleet » Jul 17th, '07, 21:13

KamichamaN wrote:
Fleet wrote:
spokeydokey00 wrote:
NOBUTA WO PRODUCE, NODAME CANTABILE, DENSHA OTOKO: i think these are some of the MUST SEE dramas!
I agree with you too. Nobuta and Nodame are good o__o! Except I don't agree with Densha. That one was really boring for me too. Gawd, I couldn't even stand the first episode and stopped.
Oh my Goodness! I agree with you guys, Nodame and Nobuta were GREAT. In fact, they're those dramas that are generally well liked and even put on Must See lists.

I don't like Himitsu no Hanazono, stand up!, or the new hanakimi drama.
the first two bored me and hanakimi is so much of a deviation from the original that I can't get past it. Its only saving graces are Horikita Maki and Oguri Shun. Idunno, maybe I would hav liked it better if I hadn't read the manga
yeah.. Himitsu no Hanazono isn't so good. I only watched it for Hongo Kanata. I LOVE HIM! .. And stand up! I want to try it out even though people say it's bad. I just want to see for myself . And Hana Kimi? Well, yeah the story is different from the manga but who cares. Just pretend you never read the book. Hana Kimi is still good for me.

fto_osakadreams
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 20:55
Location: Southern California~

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 17th, '07, 21:23

Fleet wrote:
KamichamaN wrote:
Fleet wrote:
I agree with you too. Nobuta and Nodame are good o__o! Except I don't agree with Densha. That one was really boring for me too. Gawd, I couldn't even stand the first episode and stopped.
Oh my Goodness! I agree with you guys, Nodame and Nobuta were GREAT. In fact, they're those dramas that are generally well liked and even put on Must See lists.

I don't like Himitsu no Hanazono, stand up!, or the new hanakimi drama.
the first two bored me and hanakimi is so much of a deviation from the original that I can't get past it. Its only saving graces are Horikita Maki and Oguri Shun. Idunno, maybe I would hav liked it better if I hadn't read the manga
yeah.. Himitsu no Hanazono isn't so good. I only watched it for Hongo Kanata. I LOVE HIM! .. And stand up! I want to try it out even though people say it's bad. I just want to see for myself . And Hana Kimi? Well, yeah the story is different from the manga but who cares. Just pretend you never read the book. Hana Kimi is still good for me.
Nobuta was brilliant.

Besides that I haven't really got into Stand Up! despite some of my favorite actors being in it (I think it has to do with Suzuki Ann. After all, I couldn't watch Ganbatte Ikimashoi either) . I couldn't sit through the first season of Hana Yori Dango either. Or Kimi wo Petto. I'm suprised I ever managed to make it through Anego and Hotelier only lasted three episodes before I called it quits.

Hana Kimi is good though. As a fan of the manga I hate some of the deviations but as it's own, the drama is god. Funny and cracky. :lol

Eh? I wanna watch Himitsu no Hanazono anyways. Kaname Jun :wub:

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Jul 17th, '07, 21:27

I hated Anego. I only watched it for Jin but it turned out to be one of the most boring shows I've ever seen.

Jin or no Jin.

fto_osakadreams
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 20:55
Location: Southern California~

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 17th, '07, 21:30

Rori wrote:I hated Anego. I only watched it for Jin but it turned out to be one of the most boring shows I've ever seen.

Jin or no Jin.
That's the only reason I ever watched it. Jin was adorable in it :wub:

The show itself made me want to stab myself. :cussing:

User avatar
Eziya Minamoto
Posts: 90
Joined: Dec 27th, '06, 23:47
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Jul 17th, '07, 21:52

@ melonyhappy

I didn't see the special, but the drama as a whole bored me. I continued watching it because I wanted to see how it would end. I also couldn't stand the amount of love affairs in one office. I wasn't really expecting much though, it was a drama based off a book directed towards older, single women. I would have appreciated it more if she didn't get herself into so much trouble. I do give the drama some credit for being different, but it seems like they were trying so hard to be different, that it turned out boring.
I am always around...Somewhere out there.

Currently Watching:
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [ep 5]
Kurosagi [ep 10]


auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Jul 17th, '07, 22:00

oceansportrait wrote:My pick for worst dramas in no particular order:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Nodame Cantabile (I wanted to like this series. It has Ueno Juri and classical music, which I both love. But it was just...really, really, boring.)
3. Enka no Joou
4. SOS
5. Majo no Jouken (I don't know why people are gushing over this so much! Both leads cannot act. And the plot is ridiculous.)
6. Densha Otoko (managed to finish watching, but didn't find it interesting AT ALL. The main premise is exciting, but the execution was mediocre at best.)
7. Orange Days (The scriptwriter did this story before, and much better in her '96 drama "Aishiteiru to Itte Kure" (Tell Me that You Love Me))
Honestly, if your list of "worst" drama is seven dramas long, your credibility is low

When your list of 7 contains 6 of the top 50 most popular. Your taste is questionable.

I'm not doubting you might have disliked the dramas you listed. But have you even seen 30+ dramas to have 7 worst dramas? 20? If you haven't, these are probably just dramas you didn't like and not the "worst dramas"
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

User avatar
melon chew
Posts: 7
Joined: May 13th, '07, 16:52

Post by melon chew » Jul 17th, '07, 22:02

I couldn't stand Nobuta wo Produce... sorry but Maki's character irritated me like crazy and the plot was like any other tacky high school drama. I also didn't enjoy Gokusen too much.

I watched both seasons of Hana Yori Dango and even though the first season was more enjoyable, I don't think the series would ever make it to my list of favorite dramas. Jun is a bad actor, sorry. :x And the second season was just horrible.

Bambino! was just a waste of my time. No more needs to be said.

Sapuri was just weird to me. I couldn't get past the whole older-women-and-younger-men relationship deal and after watching that kiss with Itoh Misaki and Kame in like the third episode... I couldn't go on any further.

I forced myself to enjoy Densha Otoko. I guess you can say I'm not a big Itoh Misaki fan? She was just so plain and boring and Yamada and his weird... noises or whatever was getting reallly annoying. But the biggest blow was the ending which I thought was just ridiculous. Everything about this drama was just overexaggerated and very unreal, even though it was based on a true story.

Himitsu no Hanazono was a waste of time too. When the mysterious door finally opened and the "secret" was revealed, it was just like... "What? That's it?"

I probably have more but I can't think of it right now.
Last edited by melon chew on Jul 17th, '07, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

jump
Posts: 38
Joined: May 12th, '06, 22:07

Post by jump » Jul 17th, '07, 22:04

Proposal Daisalusen - The worst ever drama. Story is terrible, most of the cast is terrible (except Tsuru-chan and Masami!!!!) and the ending is terrible. I'm sorry for Yama****a fans but he is the worst actor ever. Actually he isn't an actor.They are just an idol. Hehe. If there is golden raspberry awards for Jdorama I will deffinately nominate Yama****a for worst actor.
Sailor Fuku to Kikanjyu- Boring
14sai no Haha - boring
Enka No joou - boring
Oniyome Nikki - boring
Himitsu No hanazono
Konshuu Tsumaga Uwaki Shimasu
Sapuri
Dandori
CA to Oyobi
Oishii Propose
Atention Please
Top Caster
Ns' Aoi


This season at the moment
Life - Who actually wants to see some gets bullied and get stress
Jigoku Mo Sata mo Yomeshidai - boring
Yamada Tarou monogatari- I'm sorry for the fans but Ninomiya & Sakurai and other cast does not look like students. Ninomiya's mum is too young.
Hanazakari No Kimitachi e - Why does girls sceaming when the students goes in to school.Horikita does not look like a boy. I hate the GAY kiss scene or gay characters. For a man to watch this it's just discustin' . I also don't understand why that school only pick students with good lookin'.


Most of the times I chose drama becuase of Nagasawa Masami but I learnt that never choose drama by cast!!!!!! .I might choose drama by script such as Kudo Kankuro etc
Last edited by jump on Jul 18th, '07, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

fto_osakadreams
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 20:55
Location: Southern California~

Post by fto_osakadreams » Jul 17th, '07, 22:11

melon chew wrote:I couldn't stand Nobuta wo Produce... sorry but Maki's character irritated me like crazy and the plot was like any other tacky high school drama. I also didn't enjoy Gokusen too much.

I watched both seasons of Hana Yori Dango and even though the first season was more enjoyable, I don't think the series would ever make it to my list of favorite dramas. Jun is a bad actor, sorry. :x And the second season was just horrible.

Bambino! was just a waste of my time. No more needs to be said.

Sapuri was just weird to me. I couldn't get past the whole older-women-and-younger-men relationship deal and after watching that kiss with Itoh Misaki and Kame in like the third episode... I couldn't go on any further.

I forced myself to enjoy Densha Otoko. I guess you can say I'm not a big Itoh Misaki fan? She was just so plain and boring and Yamada and his weird... noises or whatever was getting reallly annoying. But the biggest blow was the ending which I thought was just ridiculous. Everything about this drama was just overexaggerated and very unreal, even though it was based on a true story.

I probably have more but I can't think of it right now.
Gokusen was my first drama so I love it despite seeing how goofy and stupid the plot really was. I thought MatsuJun did good in that one- though I don't really like his acting... I haven't watched Bambino yet.

I don't really like Itoh very much either. The problem with Sapuri was her whole choosing between guys thing. In both Anego and Sapuri they had sweet guys that liked them but they always went after the cheaters- I don't like the office ladies romance in office dramas- especially when they involve younger men the older ones are hesitant to choose. It's sad I couldn't get through Sapuri though. I love Eita. Too bad he was an arse. :glare:

I haven't watched Densha Otoko. The whole Otaku thing is overdone. I loved Akihabara@DEEP but I can't handle Otakus in such a mainstream light- it seems too candy-coated with artifical flavoring. :glare:
jump wrote:Proposal Daisalusen - The worst ever drama. Story is terrible, most of the cast is terrible (except Tsuru-chan and Masami!!!!) and the ending is terrible. I'm sorry for Yamashita fans but he is the worst actor ever. Actually he isn't an actor. Hehe. If there is golden raspberry awards for Jdorama I will deffinately nominate Yamashita for worst actor.
Sailor Fuku to Kikanjyu- Boring
14sai no Haha - boring
Enka No joou - boring
Oniyome Nikki - boring
Himitsu No hanazono
Konshuu Tsumaga Uwaki Shimasu
Sapuri
Dandori
CA to Oyobi
Oishii Propose
Atention Please
Top Caster
Ns' Aoi


This season at the moment
Life - Who actually wants to see some gets bullied and get stress
Jigoku Mo Sata mo Yomeshidai - boring
Yamada Tarou monogatari- I'm sorry for the fans but Ninomiya & Sakurai and cast does not look like Koukousei.
I actually enjoyed ProDai- it one of those life lesson centered ones that teach you to live for the moment of something like that. And I actually loved the ending. For me it was perfect. But then again I think Yamashita is a great actor. :-)

I liked Attention Please too...although I really hated the SP. I thought she had finally learned.

I love Yamada Taro too~ :wub: Nino is one of my favorite Japanese actors.

I definitly agree with Sapuri though.

User avatar
MitsukaiKuroi
Posts: 382
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 18:03
Location: Where Six Side Is Heaven And Nine Side Is Go...

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jul 18th, '07, 02:20

oceansportrait wrote:My pick for worst dramas in no particular order:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Nodame Cantabile (I wanted to like this series. It has Ueno Juri and classical music, which I both love. But it was just...really, really, boring.)
Even though I don't agree with rest of your list (Densha Otoko and Majo no Jouken are some of my faves) it is nice to know that there is someone else that did not like these dramas as well. :mrgreen:

Nodame Cantible is on my ultimate worst ever list... I think it is just the worst drama that I have ever had the displeasure of struggling through 5 episodes before finally walking away. (I really, really, really wanted to keep my brain cells so I had to quit watching it! LOL )

But I am also the type of person that likes dramas that others don't like. (Like 14 Sai no Haha, Anego, Kimi Wa Petto, Hanayome to Papa, SOS, etc.)

Romance
Posts: 687
Joined: Jun 19th, '05, 00:14

Post by Romance » Jul 18th, '07, 11:13

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:
oceansportrait wrote:My pick for worst dramas in no particular order:

1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Nodame Cantabile (I wanted to like this series. It has Ueno Juri and classical music, which I both love. But it was just...really, really, boring.)
Even though I don't agree with rest of your list (Densha Otoko and Majo no Jouken are some of my faves) it is nice to know that there is someone else that did not like these dramas as well. :mrgreen:

Nodame Cantible is on my ultimate worst ever list... I think it is just the worst drama that I have ever had the displeasure of struggling through 5 episodes before finally walking away. (I really, really, really wanted to keep my brain cells so I had to quit watching it! LOL )

But I am also the type of person that likes dramas that others don't like. (Like 14 Sai no Haha, Anego, Kimi Wa Petto, Hanayome to Papa, SOS, etc.)
then it just didnt fit you, nodame, for me its one of the funniest shows in years, exactly my humour

junkpro11
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 18th, '07, 21:31

Post by junkpro11 » Jul 18th, '07, 22:08

SOS, To Heart, Nobuta, Hotelier, Stand Up! , Sapuri......realli can't stand these dramas (although i did manage to finish To Heart and SOS). Out of these, the worst would be SOS/Sapuri.

i dun realli like yamapi, but i did enjoy prodai- (not for yamapi, but for the rest of the cast, personally kenzo realli annoyed me at times). I liked the HYD series mainly because of mao. I do agree that jun is not a very good actor (dun kill me, jun fans, just my opinion) but I thought his chemistry with mao was good.

i thought attention please and the gokusen series were tolerable....they weren't too bad. I really liked nodame.

jump
Posts: 38
Joined: May 12th, '06, 22:07

Post by jump » Jul 18th, '07, 23:22

melon chew wrote:I couldn't stand Nobuta wo Produce... sorry but Maki's character irritated me like crazy and the plot was like any other tacky high school drama. I also didn't enjoy Gokusen too much.

I watched both seasons of Hana Yori Dango and even though the first season was more enjoyable, I don't think the series would ever make it to my list of favorite dramas. Jun is a bad actor, sorry. :x And the second season was just horrible.

Bambino! was just a waste of my time. No more needs to be said.

Sapuri was just weird to me. I couldn't get past the whole older-women-and-younger-men relationship deal and after watching that kiss with Itoh Misaki and Kame in like the third episode... I couldn't go on any further.

I forced myself to enjoy Densha Otoko. I guess you can say I'm not a big Itoh Misaki fan? She was just so plain and boring and Yamada and his weird... noises or whatever was getting reallly annoying. But the biggest blow was the ending which I thought was just ridiculous. Everything about this drama was just overexaggerated and very unreal, even though it was based on a true story.

Himitsu no Hanazono was a waste of time too. When the mysterious door finally opened and the "secret" was revealed, it was just like... "What? That's it?"

I probably have more but I can't think of it right now.
I really understand you.
Bambino was probably a huge waste of time. The story has no meaning, to much of Matsumoto Jun . The cast actually quite great (except Matsumoto) Too much good cast for Matsumoto.
Densha Otoko, i didn't like aswell. Hate the storylines but I like the acting of Itoh Atsushi actually. (He is definately better actor than Matsumoto Jun or Yama****a Tomohisa :roll I'm really sorry for Yama****a or Matsumoto fans but Atleast Itoh Atsushi can act!! )
Gokusen was terrible aswell. Such a childish storylines.
Nobuta wo Produce was actually quite alright (yes I hate Kamenashi and Yamashita) but I like the fantasy part of storylines and I loved the quotes in the story.

jho
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 62
Joined: Oct 24th, '05, 20:46

Post by jho » Jul 19th, '07, 02:29

acau wrote:This is the first time I heard someone said "summer snow" is boring :P
No, I thought Summer Snow was super boring too :whistling:

Wongo
Posts: 112
Joined: Jul 18th, '07, 14:38
Location: Toronto, ON

Post by Wongo » Jul 19th, '07, 02:42

I'm not sure I disliked any Jdramas..wait...no...one that I remember that was paticularily...bad Haruka 17.......

P.S I liked Summer Snow.

User avatar
kamkar1
Posts: 170
Joined: Dec 7th, '06, 22:34
Location: California

Kimi wa Peto

Post by kamkar1 » Jul 19th, '07, 02:52

Kimi wa peto
I have to say it was the worst drama ever ever ever and I feel as stupid as the movie for watching it till the end. the truth of the matter is I was hoping that they will end it in a more reasonable way than the whole story line yet I feel still stupid for thinking so and watching the shole show! :cry:

KamichamaN
Posts: 279
Joined: Dec 24th, '06, 01:32
Location: Dramaland TX

Post by KamichamaN » Jul 19th, '07, 05:40

junkpro11 wrote:SOS, To Heart, Nobuta, Hotelier, Stand Up! , Sapuri......realli can't stand these dramas (although i did manage to finish To Heart and SOS). Out of these, the worst would be SOS/Sapuri.

i dun realli like yamapi, but i did enjoy prodai- (not for yamapi, but for the rest of the cast, personally kenzo realli annoyed me at times). I liked the HYD series mainly because of mao. I do agree that jun is not a very good actor (dun kill me, jun fans, just my opinion) but I thought his chemistry with mao was good.

i thought attention please and the gokusen series were tolerable....they weren't too bad. I really liked nodame.
Nodame was love, I completely disagree with you about nobuta and hotelier. Stand up!...yeah that one sucked, I like Yamapi and Nino AND oguri shun but I couldn't stand the drama.
I LOVED the second season of hanadan, the first was good but lacked quite a bit of essential seriousness. Jun got a lot better in the second season. And he did have good chemistry with Mao, she did a really good tsukushi

User avatar
MitsukaiKuroi
Posts: 382
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 18:03
Location: Where Six Side Is Heaven And Nine Side Is Go...

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jul 20th, '07, 07:17

melon chew wrote:I couldn't stand Nobuta wo Produce... sorry but Maki's character irritated me like crazy and the plot was like any other tacky high school drama. I also didn't enjoy Gokusen too much.

I watched both seasons of Hana Yori Dango and even though the first season was more enjoyable, I don't think the series would ever make it to my list of favorite dramas. Jun is a bad actor, sorry. :x And the second season was just horrible.

Bambino! was just a waste of my time. No more needs to be said.

Sapuri was just weird to me. I couldn't get past the whole older-women-and-younger-men relationship deal and after watching that kiss with Itoh Misaki and Kame in like the third episode... I couldn't go on any further.

I forced myself to enjoy Densha Otoko. I guess you can say I'm not a big Itoh Misaki fan? She was just so plain and boring and Yamada and his weird... noises or whatever was getting reallly annoying. But the biggest blow was the ending which I thought was just ridiculous. Everything about this drama was just overexaggerated and very unreal, even though it was based on a true story.

Himitsu no Hanazono was a waste of time too. When the mysterious door finally opened and the "secret" was revealed, it was just like... "What? That's it?"

I probably have more but I can't think of it right now.
With the exception of Nobuta wo Produce ( I agree with you about that one) I actually liked all of the others that you did not like and I consider them some of my absolute faves! :lol LOL

IMO it basically gives a compliment to Japanese drama creators! There is definitely something out there for everyone's taste! :mrgreen:

User avatar
ailahai
Posts: 324
Joined: Jul 11th, '07, 20:27

Post by ailahai » Jul 20th, '07, 08:04


ACE WO NARAE
this drama is most worst ever for jdorama...
i dont think ueto aya is good in this (sorry for her fans). the casting so weird and WHO IS HELL THE DIRECTOR FOR THIS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leahpatti
Posts: 16
Joined: Jul 23rd, '07, 20:37
Location: Canada

Post by Leahpatti » Jul 23rd, '07, 20:53

Wow! everything that I loved is completely ripped to shreds on here. I haven't watch anything I didn't love. I guess that makes me sad or something but oh well.
I have watched the first three episodes of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and I laugh so much. I think its crazy and that's what makes it entertaining. But don't watch it! I don't want to hear why its the worst ever.

User avatar
uezurii
Posts: 28
Joined: Jul 6th, '06, 18:35
Location: MN, US

Post by uezurii » Jul 24th, '07, 05:53

Gets ready for flak.... :fear:

The 5 worst J-doramas (in order) that I've seen

5. Gokusen 2. This was not nearly as good as Gokusen 1 and reused the first episodes' plots to the point of absurdity. It was a big letdown.
4. Attention Please!. Many of you will disagree with me but I didn't find it funny. It got very boring after the 2nd episode.
3. Water Boys. So bad that I snuck it into a classmate's bag.
2. Kurosagi. The same plot every episode, terrible cliched acting by Yamashita Tomohisa, and then his buddy Horikita Maki from Nobuta wo produce is unbearably sappy.
1. Nodame Cantible. I thought it would be cool with the music theme and all but it just dragged on.

Okay, where I have to disagree with people here - some of you say that Kimi wa petto is a bad drama?!?!? I disagree... I think it's absurd and hilarious... really fun too. If taken seriously it gets out of hand. Otherwise I liked Hana Yori Dango 2 as well.. but it was only passable compared to season 1.. this is especially true in the 2nd half of HYD 2 when Rui is like an afterthought.

yck
Posts: 27
Joined: Nov 11th, '06, 16:22

Post by yck » Jul 25th, '07, 04:57

uezurii wrote:Gets ready for flak.... :fear:

The 5 worst J-doramas (in order) that I've seen

1. Nodame Cantible. I thought it would be cool with the music theme and all but it just dragged on.
I think you'll probably get a lot of flak for this one :glare:
But too each its own...

User avatar
kamkar1
Posts: 170
Joined: Dec 7th, '06, 22:34
Location: California

Post by kamkar1 » Jul 25th, '07, 05:18

uezurii wrote:Gets ready for flak.... :fear:

The 5 worst J-doramas (in order) that I've seen

5. Gokusen 2. This was not nearly as good as Gokusen 1 and reused the first episodes' plots to the point of absurdity. It was a big letdown.
4. Attention Please!. Many of you will disagree with me but I didn't find it funny. It got very boring after the 2nd episode.
3. Water Boys. So bad that I snuck it into a classmate's bag.
2. Kurosagi. The same plot every episode, terrible cliched acting by Yamashita Tomohisa, and then his buddy Horikita Maki from Nobuta wo produce is unbearably sappy.
1. Nodame Cantible. I thought it would be cool with the music theme and all but it just dragged on.




Okay, where I have to disagree with people here - some of you say that Kimi wa petto is a bad drama?!?!? I disagree... I think it's absurd and hilarious... really fun too. If taken seriously it gets out of hand. Otherwise I liked Hana Yori Dango 2 as well.. but it was only passable compared to season 1.. this is especially true in the 2nd half of HYD 2 when Rui is like an afterthought.

You just killed me My two favorite dramas ( besides anything by Kimura :wub: ) Kurosagi and Nodame Cantible!!!!!! please please have more taste ...and do not kill nice people like me :cry:

User avatar
aishoni2
Posts: 198
Joined: Mar 26th, '07, 07:33

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 25th, '07, 08:03

uezurii wrote:Gets ready for flak.... :fear:

The 5 worst J-doramas (in order) that I've seen

5. Gokusen 2. This was not nearly as good as Gokusen 1 and reused the first episodes' plots to the point of absurdity. It was a big letdown.
4. Attention Please!. Many of you will disagree with me but I didn't find it funny. It got very boring after the 2nd episode.
3. Water Boys. So bad that I snuck it into a classmate's bag.
2. Kurosagi. The same plot every episode, terrible cliched acting by Yamashita Tomohisa, and then his buddy Horikita Maki from Nobuta wo produce is unbearably sappy.
1. Nodame Cantible. I thought it would be cool with the music theme and all but it just dragged on.

Okay, where I have to disagree with people here - some of you say that Kimi wa petto is a bad drama?!?!? I disagree... I think it's absurd and hilarious... really fun too. If taken seriously it gets out of hand. Otherwise I liked Hana Yori Dango 2 as well.. but it was only passable compared to season 1.. this is especially true in the 2nd half of HYD 2 when Rui is like an afterthought.
agreeing with almost all of your opinion EXCEPT Nodame Cantible a drag.. ARE YOU SERIOUS! The ending performance moved me to tears. I can't find anything dragging about the whole zanny plot. Plus the cast is perfect. Waterboys is..average to me. not bad nor is it any good.

AND A BIG BOLD YES! Kimmi wa Petto is not a bad drama. Its funny, fun & unique. The only Matsujun performance that I completely & utterly adore.

Attention Please is a bore. Gokusen 2 shouldn't never been made... Kurosagi however IS THE WORST! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Eziya Minamoto
Posts: 90
Joined: Dec 27th, '06, 23:47
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Jul 26th, '07, 23:17

aishoni2 wrote:
uezurii wrote:Gets ready for flak.... :fear:

The 5 worst J-doramas (in order) that I've seen

5. Gokusen 2. This was not nearly as good as Gokusen 1 and reused the first episodes' plots to the point of absurdity. It was a big letdown.
4. Attention Please!. Many of you will disagree with me but I didn't find it funny. It got very boring after the 2nd episode.
3. Water Boys. So bad that I snuck it into a classmate's bag.
2. Kurosagi. The same plot every episode, terrible cliched acting by Yamashita Tomohisa, and then his buddy Horikita Maki from Nobuta wo produce is unbearably sappy.
1. Nodame Cantible. I thought it would be cool with the music theme and all but it just dragged on.

Okay, where I have to disagree with people here - some of you say that Kimi wa petto is a bad drama?!?!? I disagree... I think it's absurd and hilarious... really fun too. If taken seriously it gets out of hand. Otherwise I liked Hana Yori Dango 2 as well.. but it was only passable compared to season 1.. this is especially true in the 2nd half of HYD 2 when Rui is like an afterthought.
agreeing with almost all of your opinion EXCEPT Nodame Cantible a drag.. ARE YOU SERIOUS! The ending performance moved me to tears. I can't find anything dragging about the whole zanny plot. Plus the cast is perfect. Waterboys is..average to me. not bad nor is it any good.

AND A BIG BOLD YES! Kimmi wa Petto is not a bad drama. Its funny, fun & unique. The only Matsujun performance that I completely & utterly adore.
:
I never said that Kimi wa Petto was a bad drama, it's just that I think the ending could have been better, I loved the drama, the acting was good, and the plot was hilarious.
Also, I loved Nodame Cantabile, the silly humor is what made it hilarious, and I loved the songs/performances.
I am always around...Somewhere out there.

Currently Watching:
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [ep 5]
Kurosagi [ep 10]


Daish
Posts: 108
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 06:02

Post by Daish » Jul 27th, '07, 02:26

uezurii wrote:Gets ready for flak.... :fear:

The 5 worst J-doramas (in order) that I've seen

5. Gokusen 2. This was not nearly as good as Gokusen 1 and reused the first episodes' plots to the point of absurdity. It was a big letdown.
4. Attention Please!. Many of you will disagree with me but I didn't find it funny. It got very boring after the 2nd episode.
3. Water Boys. So bad that I snuck it into a classmate's bag.
2. Kurosagi. The same plot every episode, terrible cliched acting by Yamashita Tomohisa, and then his buddy Horikita Maki from Nobuta wo produce is unbearably sappy.
1. Nodame Cantible. I thought it would be cool with the music theme and all but it just dragged on.
Though I managed to finish both Gokusen 2 and Attention Please!, I felt that gokusen 2 was way too simlar to gokusen 1 and completely agree with your remark about Attention please, the humor just wasn't enough in the lather parts of the drama, considering it was SUPPOSED to be a comedy.

Waterboys, to be fair I never saw the drama BUT, the movie itself was just mildly entertaining (for a total of 15 min or so) and I can't imagine how it can be stretched to 10+ ep and still be entertaining. The premise was just enough for 1 or 2 funny scenes really.

As to kurosagi, i saw the whole thing hoping that there would be an interesting puzzle for me to solve (i'm that type of person :lol ) but overall wasn't really surprised by any of the "puzzles". I don't think it disappointed me much since i really wasn't expecting alot :crazy:

Nodame has turned me into a ueno nut so safe to say i disgree with your opinion BUT i totally can see how some people might not like it after all the comedy was REALLY silly. But to say it was the WORST drama ever is a bit over the top :O but oh well each to their own.

Some of my worst dramas seen and finished include

SOS - the twist at the end just made it worst
*insert drama name with tackey/hasegawa/hitomi, edit later can't recall name* - Most stupid plot ever, made absolute no sense from beginning to end (well i stoped at 6 or 7), lack of comedy, lack of acting skills (though can't recall anything that needed skills to do, so blame the script writer), it was horrid.
My little chef - lack of substance.... though i was an akiko fan at the time but still, it was just.... don't watch it unless you can figure out receipy of artificial dishes just by looking at it, or you BETTER MAD LOVE to watch akiko and/or ueto just stand there watching other people talk, complete waste of time...

OH YES how can i forget, sekai chushin blah blah blah (too lazy)......the main char just angers me, lets just say sad to the point of laying on the street in tears in the middle of rain 5 years after someone dies is NOT my cup of tea. There's a time to mourn and there's a time to move on. .Though i admit from a film making prespective it was good but from it just draged on and on.
Doasinfinity ^^

User avatar
Egg-chan
Posts: 223
Joined: Feb 19th, '07, 05:26
Contact:

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 27th, '07, 02:42

Daish wrote:*insert drama name with tackey/hasegawa/hitomi, edit later can't recall name* - Most stupid plot ever, made absolute no sense from beginning to end (well i stoped at 6 or 7), lack of comedy, lack of acting skills (though can't recall anything that needed skills to do, so blame the script writer), it was horrid.
You must be talking about Boku Dake no Madonna.. I really tried watching it.. I really did.. I got through episode 2, then tried to watch 3. I'm just not interested in it whatsoever :\
Image XDImageXD

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Jul 27th, '07, 02:59

My favorite genre of Japanese drama is the NHK morning dramas. The WORST morning drama I've watched so far is Kimi no Na wa. The frigging show is TWICE the length of a taiga drama, and it is DEPRESSING and SLOW. It also covers much of WWII, which is a very difficult scenario to write for. However, Junjo Kirari covered the war VERY well, so it was possible to make a good story out of it.

Other dramas I thought were lame:

Shiawase ni Naritai - OMG, how WORSE can Kyoko get in acting??? The story was actually good, as it gave a perspective (over-simplified, but good nevertheless) on the development of Japanese TV dramas. But she and her brothers - someone take those two boys out for a walk on the freeway.

Batsu Kare - I hate characters like Shoko who just don't have much of a brain. Listen - you're in your 30s and you're single. You can't keep sticking to your morals! The only good thing out of this show is Yohei's employee, Hiroko... I have a thing for women in glasses and business skirts.

--- groink

User avatar
melica37
Posts: 482
Joined: May 9th, '06, 05:38
Location: The Emerald City

Post by melica37 » Jul 27th, '07, 03:32

Though I am sure there are bad jdramas I have yet to watch, the worst so far for me is
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. So bad...

User avatar
ojouprincess
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 30th, '07, 12:52
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Post by ojouprincess » Jul 27th, '07, 03:47

melica37 wrote:Though I am sure there are bad jdramas I have yet to watch, the worst so far for me is
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. So bad...
Seriously? Why?
Image
CURRENTLY WATCHING: Hotaru no Hikari 2
credits to: mamalumimin for the lovely avatar and mayleann for the super pretty sig. ^_^

User avatar
melica37
Posts: 482
Joined: May 9th, '06, 05:38
Location: The Emerald City

Post by melica37 » Jul 27th, '07, 04:07

Seriously? Why?
I feel as though the jdrama has taken a simple romantic story about hidden feelings, close proximity and friendship and interjected all this pointless wackiness which doesn't leave the main relationship much screen time to actually develop.

I don't find all the wackiness very entertaining but I know lots of people are loving it.

User avatar
xKyandi
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 02:37
Location: Los Angeles

Post by xKyandi » Jul 27th, '07, 04:25

hmm i know people are going to hit me for this
but i think
the worst drama for me was one litre no namida
probably chuz i was like
"shes dying she dying omg whens she going to die?!"
and yeah ._.

Leahpatti
Posts: 16
Joined: Jul 23rd, '07, 20:37
Location: Canada

Post by Leahpatti » Jul 27th, '07, 13:14

Ha I knew it! Someone is already pointing out flaws... Oh well I find Hanazakari no Kimitachi e extremely funny and the over the top antics are great!

User avatar
MitsukaiKuroi
Posts: 382
Joined: Jan 16th, '07, 18:03
Location: Where Six Side Is Heaven And Nine Side Is Go...

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Aug 7th, '07, 04:46

melica37 wrote:Though I am sure there are bad jdramas I have yet to watch, the worst so far for me is
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. So bad...
I agree with you... I was SO very disappointed with this one!!! I stopped watching in the middle of the 3rd episode! One big yawn! :sleeping:

It is horrible. It is not funny. It is cheesy and boring. All I did was stare at the screen and continue to check the time looking like :scratch: .

Sad thing is that I thought the TW one was bad but I had to take it back! At least I made it to the 5th Ep with that version (I think) before I tuned it out!!! :lol

Just straight up YUCK! (Almost felt like I was watching Nodame Cantible again! :P )

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Aug 7th, '07, 05:32

This thread makes me feel slightly more normal -- I hated Nobuta wo Produce. I kept watching even though it was "blah" expecting some payoff (because people raved about it so much) but... no... pretty much made of fail. And then I wanted those 12 hours (or whatever it was) of my life back. Also, Maki? Never gets more exciting than a wet paper bag.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi E is pretty horrid, too. I could forgive the blatantly stupid additions but the fact that it's a *shoujo romance* series and yet the main pairing has exchanged a grand total of 10 words in 5 episodes makes it... less than thrilling. Say what you want about the TW version, but they had good chemistry, actually talked to one another, Mizuki wasn't steeped in I-Stole-His-Smile!-angst, and Sano wasn't a jerk.

However, I really like Kimi wa Pet (and Nodame though the brief moments of manga-comedy did nothing for me), so whatever floats your boat I guess :P

TomaT
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 18th, '07, 12:10

Post by TomaT » Aug 8th, '07, 16:13

no one mention 14 sai no blues *just yet?*
the acting riddiculous, the story kinda pointless, and the most important point is TEGOSHI YUYA FREAKED ME OUT
he can't act and yet he got the main role

the others are : SOS, majou no jouken, proposal something *I can't even remember the title*, arashi someting *Yamashita as the cast too*, Gokusen 2, and so much more that I don't even want to watch

btw I love Ito Misaki and Nakama Yukie
Daish wrote: OH YES how can i forget, sekai chushin blah blah blah (too lazy)......the main char just angers me, lets just say sad to the point of laying on the street in tears in the middle of rain 5 years after someone dies is NOT my cup of tea. There's a time to mourn and there's a time to move on. .Though i admit from a film making prespective it was good but from it just draged on and on.
then you should kill one litre SP for try to call to a cellphone that can't be used for 10 years *yeah she just died 5 years ago but she already can't answer the phone since like 10 years* and the fiction guy crying over the girl that had died for 5 years.
the real Aya must be sad

hey9
Posts: 412
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 22:30

Post by hey9 » Aug 27th, '07, 21:17

Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (can't believe this was JSOTW hehe)

I had high hopes for this drama, and it was so disappointing. The lead actress is hella-annoying, and I wanted to smack her in the face all the time. She was so against becoming a comedian, and I agreed with her because she wasn't funny at all (I got the feeling people were laughing at her because she was overweight, not because she was inherently funny, which made me dislike the show even more). Not to mention the last few episodes she was barely onscreen with the guy she liked. The only reason I finished it was because I kept hoping something great would happen and nothing ever did.

It seemed like the drama didn't know where it was going, so the writers tried to throw in a bunch of stuff to suit everybody - humor, drama, romance, underdog story - and failed miserably...in my opinion.

I did like the fact they had an atypical female lead, tho. But they picked the most annoying actress ever, ugh! Bah!

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 28th, '07, 00:05

hey9 wrote:Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (can't believe this was JSOTW hehe)

I had high hopes for this drama, and it was so disappointing. The lead actress is hella-annoying, and I wanted to smack her in the face all the time. She was so against becoming a comedian, and I agreed with her because she wasn't funny at all (I got the feeling people were laughing at her because she was overweight, not because she was inherently funny, which made me dislike the show even more). Not to mention the last few episodes she was barely onscreen with the guy she liked. The only reason I finished it was because I kept hoping something great would happen and nothing ever did.

It seemed like the drama didn't know where it was going, so the writers tried to throw in a bunch of stuff to suit everybody - humor, drama, romance, underdog story - and failed miserably...in my opinion.

I did like the fact they had an atypical female lead, tho. But they picked the most annoying actress ever, ugh! Bah!


It probably helps to know who the real people are that this story is based on (loosely I'm sure). The lead actress is a member of the comedy trio Morisanchuu (real life counterpart of B3, though I find Morisanchuu funnier than B3.), and she's actually portraying another member of that comedy group. While it's totally fine for you to not care for the series, comedy, etc.... I've got to admit that she did one heck of a job portraying Miyuki. She has the real Miyuki's facial expressions and mannerisms down extremely well. So there were times where I felt like I was watching Miyuki in a scene instead of Tomoko depicting her. Miyuki herself did a cameo as MIYU, and there are people all over that drama that are connected to the real folks.

I thought the drama dragged a bit in places, but I rather enjoyed it anyhow possibly as a result of having seen Morisanchuu before.

hey9
Posts: 412
Joined: Jan 18th, '07, 22:30

Post by hey9 » Aug 28th, '07, 02:50

ryoko11 wrote:
hey9 wrote:Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (can't believe this was JSOTW hehe)

I had high hopes for this drama, and it was so disappointing. The lead actress is hella-annoying, and I wanted to smack her in the face all the time. She was so against becoming a comedian, and I agreed with her because she wasn't funny at all (I got the feeling people were laughing at her because she was overweight, not because she was inherently funny, which made me dislike the show even more). Not to mention the last few episodes she was barely onscreen with the guy she liked. The only reason I finished it was because I kept hoping something great would happen and nothing ever did.

It seemed like the drama didn't know where it was going, so the writers tried to throw in a bunch of stuff to suit everybody - humor, drama, romance, underdog story - and failed miserably...in my opinion.

I did like the fact they had an atypical female lead, tho. But they picked the most annoying actress ever, ugh! Bah!


It probably helps to know who the real people are that this story is based on (loosely I'm sure). The lead actress is a member of the comedy trio Morisanchuu (real life counterpart of B3, though I find Morisanchuu funnier than B3.), and she's actually portraying another member of that comedy group. While it's totally fine for you to not care for the series, comedy, etc.... I've got to admit that she did one heck of a job portraying Miyuki. She has the real Miyuki's facial expressions and mannerisms down extremely well. So there were times where I felt like I was watching Miyuki in a scene instead of Tomoko depicting her. Miyuki herself did a cameo as MIYU, and there are people all over that drama that are connected to the real folks.

I thought the drama dragged a bit in places, but I rather enjoyed it anyhow possibly as a result of having seen Morisanchuu before.
Wow, there's a real Miyuki? Lol hopefully she's funnier than her fictional self. If the actress that portrayed her is imitating real life, than I think that's a credit to her acting ability. I sometimes forget that actors/actresses can be completely different than the roles they're given :wink: I'd have to see her in another role to decide if I disliked her because of the role she was given, or whether I just dislike her acting style.

dokidoki.00021
Posts: 16
Joined: Aug 20th, '07, 12:54

Post by dokidoki.00021 » Aug 28th, '07, 13:13

I thought Yume no California was stupid, boring and unrealistic. But my sister loved it. I thought she was completely insane because it wasn't at all interesting. I also think Tenshi no Oshigoto has a rightful spot as worst Japanese drama which I feel bad to say since I'm such a Mizuki Arisa fan.

tasmaniandevil
Posts: 25
Joined: Oct 12th, '06, 13:12
Location: singapore

Post by tasmaniandevil » Aug 28th, '07, 13:59

shows i find hard to complete are kurosagi and one litres of tears.

one litres of tears was too draggy and kurosagi was worst. it was so unrealistc and boring. if not for pi i wun not haven even watched it

User avatar
newersumm
Posts: 119
Joined: May 3rd, '04, 19:21
Location: Midgar

Post by newersumm » Aug 28th, '07, 21:37

Oh man I agree.. Kurosagi was BORING. I reall forced myself to watch until ep 7. After that I couldnt bare with it anymore. :salut:

User avatar
JC
Posts: 161
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 23:38
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by JC » Aug 28th, '07, 21:50

Even though I haven't watched it all, First kiss is a bore. It's the only drama that I've watched where I've felt nothing for the characters and couldn't care less where the story goes.
Image Image Image

Magalamb
Posts: 37
Joined: Feb 10th, '07, 16:12

Post by Magalamb » Aug 28th, '07, 22:17

I've liked pretty much every Jdrama I've watched (but then again, I've only seen about 30 or so.)

There were some I couldn't bother to watch more than an ep or two of, though. I found GTO to be boring (maybe because I went to school with kids MUCH worse than that) and Gokusen 2 to be repetitive though pretty...

I gave Akihabara@DEEP a good try but although the actors were excellent, I just couldn't relate to them.

Yamada Tarou isn't BAD, I just don't think that Ninomiya Kazunari, excellent actor though he is, is that believable as someone who is drop dead gorgeous (maybe because he looks like he's 12...)

I started First Kiss because of Inoue Mao, but again, just didn't care about the characters.

The only jdrama I truly disliked was Cupid no Itazura . It was just plain STRANGE. But then again, I was probably just in the wrong mindset...

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Aug 28th, '07, 22:26

JC wrote:Even though I haven't watched it all, First kiss is a bore. It's the only drama that I've watched where I've felt nothing for the characters and couldn't care less where the story goes.
you just took the words right out of my mouth. so true, i hated the drama from the 1st ep, i really expected more from mao-chan but she disappointed me big time. these first scenes where she talking in English to a male nurse, just killed the whole drama for me. i did not wanted to see after that even though i made myself to finish that ep. her exact copy of makino character in HYD
Image

User avatar
The Artist
Posts: 22
Joined: May 20th, '07, 03:52

Post by The Artist » Aug 29th, '07, 03:25

Gokusen 2 what a waste of a sequel, Densha Okoto I like Misaki but the guy kinda annoying, . Attention please I tried to get thru 5 episodes but couldn't watch any longer. Mukudono 2003 another waste of sequel. Omai Kekkon what the crap kinda ending was that, last few eps killed it.

SmiLeeGirl
Posts: 86
Joined: Aug 22nd, '06, 07:17

Post by SmiLeeGirl » Aug 30th, '07, 10:28

These are the ones I have started but couldn't get into -- I would be willing to give it another try if someone can convince me

Iguana Musume - Girl thinks she is and Iguana - depressing
Seiki No Koushin - mentally challenge boy- slow
Kiken Na Aneki - don't really like the main lady
Wedding Planner - no chemesry amoungst the cast
Searching for My Polestar -- didnt think the leads had chemistry
Brand
Tiger and Dragon <-- everyone raved about this and I like Nagase ...
Give it all <-- maybe I had seen too many rebel teacher stories by this time but done better ...
Hotelier <- Oh gosh remake gone bad I even got to ep 7 before calling it quits. Slow sad and twisted.
Princess Princess D <-- thought it would be funnier but instead it was a little creepy


I know I look like a quit-er but I have finished a lot of other stuff ... really ;)

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Aug 31st, '07, 19:15

SmiLeeGirl wrote:These are the ones I have started but couldn't get into -- I would be willing to give it another try if someone can convince me

Tiger and Dragon <-- everyone raved about this and I like Nagase ...

I know I look like a quit-er but I have finished a lot of other stuff ... really ;)
Tiger& Dragon is not a usual japanese drama. its completely different from every other j-drama that i have seen. i was not tomoya nagase fan at first but watching this drama made me his die hard fan. i even stopped in the middle of 1st ep and did not know, wether to stop ot continue watching. i am so glad that i kep watching because by the end i was really convinced that was a best Japanese drama i have ever seen and so far i have seen it 4 times.
the storyline, the acting, choice of actors, shooting of the whole drama, changes between normal daily story to rakugo style story in old ages... all and all just makes this drama so unique and so different.
i really think you should give it another chance. :thumright:
Image

touchthesun
Posts: 79
Joined: Jul 23rd, '05, 16:11
Location: California

Post by touchthesun » Aug 31st, '07, 19:45

MitsukaiKuroi wrote:
melica37 wrote:Though I am sure there are bad jdramas I have yet to watch, the worst so far for me is
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. So bad...
I agree with you... I was SO very disappointed with this one!!! I stopped watching in the middle of the 3rd episode! One big yawn! :sleeping:

It is horrible. It is not funny. It is cheesy and boring. All I did was stare at the screen and continue to check the time looking like :scratch: .

Sad thing is that I thought the TW one was bad but I had to take it back! At least I made it to the 5th Ep with that version (I think) before I tuned it out!!! :lol

Just straight up YUCK! (Almost felt like I was watching Nodame Cantible again! :P )
I'll have to definitely agree with this one. It may not be the absolute worst, but man I can't help but feeling very ripped off with Hanakimi. There is absolutely no chemistry between Shun and Maki and the way they developed the story and the direction that they concentrated the story make it really ridiculous and painful to watch. The comedy was NOT funny and the characters are absolutely miscast. The ONLY person worth watching in the series seems to be Ikuta Toma and he even seems ill fit for this role as Nakatsu, but he does it well.

And I thought the TW version was bad! Honestly if you take out Ella and replaced it with any other female actress, it probably would have been a much better drama. I think they had a better cast selection (sans Ella) and story direction. The jdrama version grossly disappointed me especially since I have been following the manga since it's inception. I thought the jdrama would make me much happier, but I guess I was sorely mistaken *cries*

User avatar
kiki
Posts: 181
Joined: May 19th, '04, 15:57

Post by kiki » Sep 1st, '07, 04:53

i totally completely agree with you. Hana KImi is really the worst drama to me. IT so nonsense and i kind of tiring of watching it, the only reason i watch it because of Toma but i kind of tire of that too. The joke at first were funny but now too dry and tire.

User avatar
lumanogin
Posts: 45
Joined: Dec 2nd, '04, 12:19
Location: Texas

Post by lumanogin » Sep 1st, '07, 10:01

I have to agree with most. Ueto Aya is one of my favorites but the majority of the dramas she's starred in have been crap. Attention Please, Ace no werae, attack no 1, hotelier, hitonatsu no papa e.
Watching:
nothing

User avatar
trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 233
Joined: Nov 27th, '05, 05:51

Post by trunkims » Sep 6th, '07, 23:40

I'm gonna have to say... N's Aoi (Nurse Aoi) It was just boring to me, I watched all the way through but kept falling asleep during almost every episode, as boring as it was at least I finished it...so I can definetly say it's boring....

Ganbatte Ikimasho (I think that's what it's called, if I even spelled it right) I keep hearing that it's good, you have to get passed the first few episodes, but I think I'm STILL worn out of watching these kinds of dramas that I get so bored with this one, I've tried watching the first 2 episodes 2 or 3 times already, and still, it doesn't interest me to keep going cuz I fall asleep on this one too! I've enjoyed Waterboys, H2, GTO, Gokusen, and other school dramas, but I can't get passed this at all....

Shiawase ni Naritai....I finished, but it wasn't very interesting....kinda dry actually....

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Sep 7th, '07, 12:32

Tiger& Dragon is not a usual japanese drama. its completely different from every other j-drama that i have seen. i was not tomoya nagase fan at first but watching this drama made me his die hard fan. i even stopped in the middle of 1st ep and did not know, wether to stop ot continue watching. i am so glad that i kep watching because by the end i was really convinced that was a best Japanese drama i have ever seen and so far i have seen it 4 times.
the storyline, the acting, choice of actors, shooting of the whole drama, changes between normal daily story to rakugo style story in old ages... all and all just makes this drama so unique and so different.
i really think you should give it another chance. :thumright:

Tiger and Dragon was amazingly written. It's orginal and fresh , plus I like Rakugo , it takes alot of skill to do it. I like Nagase too , I think it's one of his best , second in my book behind Mokudono! and before My Boss My Hero.



At any rate , I still think that the JP version of Hana Kimi is kinda awful , Mainly because I can't stand Oguri Shun in this role , he's not Sano...at all. I also don't like Maki , she just doesn't come off as a guy at all.
I don't really watch alot of japanese dramas , but I've started watching a few recently , for the most part they are good , like Yamada Taro is one of my favs. Kinda biased on that because I'm a long time Arashi Fan so .....
I started watching liar game , I like the story and everything , it's alright. I was also Dragon Zakura which is pretty awesome. I also like Tantei Gakuen Q for Yamada Taro and the Young Johnny's stars who are trying thier best.

That's pretty much it , I watch Korean dramas more.

koopisa
Posts: 53
Joined: Feb 10th, '05, 19:23

Post by koopisa » Sep 16th, '07, 08:44

for me they are nisennen no koi, rondo, kabachitare, kobayakawa nobuki no koi, N's AOI and Gokusen2

All are very boring for me resulting from thier plot and characters

jump
Posts: 38
Joined: May 12th, '06, 22:07

Post by jump » Sep 22nd, '07, 11:44

For this Season I thought that these dramas were boring. I dropped out all of these dramas after watching 1st or 2nd episode :

Hanazakari No Kimitachi e - It's not funny. I won't describe as worst of the season but it just boring. It's just an idol drama for girls or kids or for gay people . I'm not a girl or gay so I dropped out.
Yamada Taro Monogatari - That girl, Takako (Tabe Mikako) was ennoying so much. Story line is that worst I think.
First Kiss - I dropped out at first episode.
Ushi ni Negai Wo - Cast was good. I love Hokkaido!!!! but it makes me yawn alot so I decide to drop out. There isn't any love at all!!!
Jigoku Mo Sata mo Yome Shidai - the worst drama of this season!!!!
Sushi Oji! - The taste of the drama did not match me.
Juken No Kamisama - This dmama has no oridinarity. It's just copying of Joou No Kyoshitsu!!!!!!!!!

I think that this season was dissappointing. Last year summer there was good drama suck as Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and My boss My Hero but this season is none.

User avatar
hollisterluv
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep 23rd, '07, 00:06

Post by hollisterluv » Sep 23rd, '07, 01:23

lol.. attack number 1 was pretty bad.. and i dont like orange days either..
hmm what else.. ahaha kurosagi was so boring but i watched the whole thing just to look at yamapi.. ahaha. i watch hana kimi for the cute guys but i agree.. the chemistry between shun and maki is pretty bad..
ERMm.. ace wo nerae sucked bad and so did proposal daisakusen.. i mean i love yamapi and all, but the plot was really stupid.. i watched the first ep and then half of the second and i quit.. ugh so horrible..and 15 sai no blues... why would u write a drama on it.. the plot was stupid..but i watched for tegoshi yuya.. ahaha his tantrums were so hilarious

michca
Posts: 142
Joined: Jul 10th, '07, 15:56
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Post by michca » Sep 24th, '07, 03:50

Poor Hana Kimi...it isn't the greatest drama, but Toma makes Nakatsu so likeable that I have enjoyed watching it. (and I am just soooo thankful that they cast someone not so gratingly annoying like Ella...holy jeez, and her hairlip kept bothering me throughout the whole Taiwanese series)

The worst for me has been:
Gokusen II (dear God, talk about recycle)

Ace No Ware (sp???) *yawn* So boring and I like Aya.

Liar Game - they made the girl character so dumb that it was painful. I sat though the whole bloody series waiting for a plot twist that shows she was playing dumb, but no, she was just plain dumb.

Pride - booooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg and very predictable, which was disappointing since I had read so many good things about it.

Just a matter of taste, I guess, just like I think Tiger and Dragon was absolutley brilliant, and yet some can't stand it. (even though it has Tomoya and Junichi!!!) Ah well.

xtehdeb
Posts: 69
Joined: Jan 5th, '06, 03:04

Post by xtehdeb » Sep 24th, '07, 20:01

lol i actually like prodai and liar game xD.
i didn't really like nobuta wo produce x__x even tho i heart yamapi.
it was really boring & draggy and they didn't really produce nobuta o__O also nobuta was creepy & annoyed melol. x__X

User avatar
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 596
Joined: Oct 18th, '04, 02:37
Location: 99% sure, Studying.

Post by techie » Sep 24th, '07, 20:36

Hoshi no Kinka
without a doubt the most melancolic thing I've ever seen... next to
Fridays Lovers
(which convinced me all Japanese girls named Kaoru are weird
as I saw three in a row with an oddball woman by the same character name)
Gomen ne... to all named kaoru
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

User avatar
franchosa
Posts: 195
Joined: Jul 14th, '06, 06:04

Post by franchosa » Sep 24th, '07, 20:50

For me, the worst are...

Hanayome wa Yakudoshi
Bambino
Attention Please
Good Luck

User avatar
lightsoul
Posts: 51
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 14:07

Post by lightsoul » Sep 24th, '07, 20:59

Not the worst jdramas but for this season IMO. Well, at least for what I watched so far.

1. Yamada Tarou Monogatari - I just dont get it. What in hell the girls look in Yamada that made they faint when he's smiling? All I saw is small teeth and black gums. And he's not that prince alike.
2. HanaKimi - Gosshh..if not because of my friends, I wouldnt watch this till the last episode. Well, I havent watched the last two hours of last episode and it is still sitting in my HD.
3. Well, that's it so far haha..
Last edited by lightsoul on Sep 24th, '07, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

sakr0
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 28th, '06, 16:24
Contact:

Post by sakr0 » Sep 24th, '07, 21:17

For me the worst jdrama is the live-action Sailor Moon. I love the anime and the live-action was kind of funny but it was also super-duper cheesy with the special effects, etc. Maybe it was aimed for kids? :scratch: But anyway I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

Regarding other people's opinions about other dramas . . .

First Kiss: It may seem slow-moving and boring to some, but I actually like this different take on the typical "person w/ a disease" drama with the whole bro/sis relationship thrown in. If you're not looking for anything too depressing, so far this drama has been anything but.

Densha Otoko: Yeah, the main guy could get annoying sometimes and exaggerated but I thought that that guy's stuttering in Akihabara@DEEP was a lot worse (he stutters through every single word that he can barely finish a sentence)! But everybody can tolerate different things. I actually didn't mind the main character in this one. It's sometimes nice to have a guy who isn't your typical male idol starring in a drama.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e: The storyline is really simple and the humor is kind of out-there (as out-there as an anime can be). It's not perfect and it's not meant to be taken too seriously so its either a love or hate drama. Also, if you've seen/read the manga, the main girl isn't even supposed to look exactly like a guy (more like a girly-looking boy). I love it though nonetheless.

Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions. I just wanted give give my reasonings for why I liked some of the dramas that people have disliked on here.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Sep 24th, '07, 21:40


I had posted my worst Jdrama before but i have some more to add to them
First kiss, could not stand the drama from the 1st ep and i had really high hopes for it because on mao-chan. did not bother for the rest eps.
roposal daisukusen (am i right?), same thing happend with this drama could not get pass the 1st ep.
as for Yamada taro, i would not call it the wrost drama but i think i will take back everything good i said about it at the begining in any related thread. :lol . nino was good enough in his role. same with sho but people around them were so annoying that completely changed my mind. it goes for both actor selections and their acting. the girl is so annoying that she gets on my nerve for everything she does. also a bad actor. Taro's mom and her all family are strange (the kids were cute though) and the dad was the weirdest one out of all of them. every time i see him i was thinking do they really think that we believe him as Taro's dad? and father of all those kids. it gives me the creep everytime he appears on the screen.
hana kimi, although i have been watching the drama (just to see what will happen at the end) but it is a waste of time and a complete silly drama. only toma was good to watch at that drama and as for shun, i am completely disapponited in him after this.
Image

sakr0
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 28th, '06, 16:24
Contact:

Post by sakr0 » Sep 24th, '07, 22:45

Issy wrote:
I had posted my worst Jdrama before but i have some more to add to them
First kiss, could not stand the drama from the 1st ep and i had really high hopes for it because on mao-chan. did not bother for the rest eps.
roposal daisukusen (am i right?), same thing happend with this drama could not get pass the 1st ep.
as for Yamada taro, i would not call it the wrost drama but i think i will take back everything good i said about it at the begining in any related thread. :lol . nino was good enough in his role. same with sho but people around them were so annoying that completely changed my mind. it goes for both actor selections and their acting. the girl is so annoying that she gets on my nerve for everything she does. also a bad actor. Taro's mom and her all family are strange (the kids were cute though) and the dad was the weirdest one out of all of them. every time i see him i was thinking do they really think that we believe him as Taro's dad? and father of all those kids. it gives me the creep everytime he appears on the screen.
hana kimi, although i have been watching the drama (just to see what will happen at the end) but it is a waste of time and a complete silly drama. only toma was good to watch at that drama and as for shun, i am completely disapponited in him after this.
Maybe not the worst, but I didn't like Proposal Daisukasen either. It had a really good beginning, but it all went downhill from there. Don't get me wrong here. I like Pi and Masami, but both of their characters were so annoying in here. Each episode got more and more repetitive to the point where I didn't even care if there was a happy ending or not. Seriously, both of their characters were like so dense in the head about their feelings. Like, do something or forget about it! :cussing: Nice storyline and although some people liked it, I think that it could have been done better.

I kinda like Yamada Taro but I agree that the casting here is like so way off. I know that he's supposed to have a young dad, but with that many kids, it's hard to tell whether Yamada and his dad are son/father or brothers, LOL. Yamada is adorable too, but I don't think that his smile is enough to make the entire population of girls at school faint. Even Mimura has a better smile. I guess the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I like Arashi and some of the episodes were quite funny. I can't stand Takako though. Just when I started to soften up to her in the middle episodes, she still became all "I wanna marry a rich guy" and all. I'm sorry, but I just can't appreciate such stupidity and shallowness from a character :glare: My bf hates her character too and says that they waste all the special effects on her for her dumb fantasies of Yamada, LOL.

Although Shun's character was kind of a disappointment in Hana Kimi (compared to the manga), Shun is still a great actor. I'd have to blame the director and scriptwriters for the way his Sano was treated :whistling: but hey, at least he did a really good job at being the cold, heartless and brooding main character.

uberfrau
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 11th, '07, 20:22
Location: Toronto

Post by uberfrau » Sep 24th, '07, 22:49

I have to say that first kiss was not only the worst Japanese drama I have ever seen, but also the worst show in any language and in the history of the universe... Did anyone besides me find the relationship between the brother and sister creepy? Like incestuous creepy? With her getting all bent out of shape over her brothers girlfriend and also when they went to that hotel...That is totally not normal... There were seriously creepy undertones. I was thoroughly grossed out. I think I watched three episodes but I can't be sure because it was so bad I think my brain is trying to block the memory.

Also, Bambino...Not as bad as First Kiss but it was still pretty bad. This hurts me to say because I am a big matsumoto fan :wub: ... I couldn't even watch a full episode. I kept fast-forwarding through the lame plot line, stopping and watching for a few min to see if it had become less lame, and then fast forwarding again. I gave up after 3 eps. That whole "see a boy become a man" type of story line just aggravates me. I also think Matsumoto is better suited to playing over the top characters like in HYD. Watching him in Bambino kind of made me cringe. :-(

Kurosagi was also pretty bad... The music in the show was over the top and dreadful, the characters had no real depth, and every episode was too similar to the ones before it. I also really wanted to see what’s-her-faces character get pushed in front of a bus. She was awful, awful, awful! (I also thought what’s-her-face was awful in Hana Kimi, although I don't totally hate the show) The only good thing I have to say about Kurosagi is that Yamashita has never looked hotter!!! That first shot of him in the red suspenders with no shirt was a treat... It was such a treat that I don't even mind that it was totally pointless and silly to include it in the show.

User avatar
Kuso_Baba
Posts: 81
Joined: Jul 11th, '07, 06:52
Location: U.A.E

Post by Kuso_Baba » Sep 25th, '07, 06:58

The drama i really hated and was a waste of my time watching was Tanaka Tokkyo San Go :crazy:
The only purpose that made me watch it is Tanaka Koki acting in it and the appearance of Kamenashi Kazuya in the 9th episode. The story itself is stupid and very predictable.. It talks most about trains... borrrrring...trains of all vehicles :| :scratch:
Although I havent watched these but i have a feeling there very boring:
-Anego
-Sapuri
-Proposal Diasakusan
- 14 Sai no Haha
-Mizushima Hiro's Kanojo to no Tadashii Asobikata :crazy:
As for Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, I never thought there would be people who would hate it.. weird.. BUT I LOVED IT!! :wub:

mifmif
Posts: 2
Joined: Feb 11th, '05, 16:05

Post by mifmif » Sep 25th, '07, 07:07

hitonatsu no papa??


how come you guys say its a bad drama!?!?!


yea you guys are right. its pretty bad hahah just that aya's in there thats why i like it hah

User avatar
Djahane
Posts: 41
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 15:33
Location: Bordeaux - France

Post by Djahane » Sep 26th, '07, 11:57

TomaT wrote:no one mention 14 sai no blues *just yet?*
the acting riddiculous, the story kinda pointless, and the most important point is TEGOSHI YUYA FREAKED ME OUT
he can't act and yet he got the main role
Hum... There's no "14 sai no blues".

It's "15 sai no blues", or "14 sai no Haha".

Tegoshi-kun played in "Division 1 Stage 13" of "15 sai no blues", so only 4 episodes. It was his first drama.
I think he's a cute actor. Not as good there than in My boss My hero, but not bad either.

For the most boring Jdramas... First Kiss, Teppan Shoujo Akane, Attack n°1...

User avatar
wapuro
Posts: 93
Joined: Dec 7th, '05, 03:21
Location: Gaia

Post by wapuro » Sep 26th, '07, 13:07

for me so far i' dont like :
-Kurokawa no techou, Kemonomichi and warui yatsura, i don't know why but i cannot finish it.
-kimmi wa petto, i don't like the ide about have a human pet and ishihara satomi not fit with her role
-cheap love, the story is good, i like sorimachi toobut the ending ruin all.... :glare:
-food fight...............
-hotelier, i like aya ueto but not her co-star and story is weak....i prefer the korean version
until now that's the worst dorama for me......
Image

pedang_patah
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 10th, '04, 13:08
Location: Kabuki cho
Contact:

Post by pedang_patah » Sep 26th, '07, 13:28

Issy wrote:
SmiLeeGirl wrote:These are the ones I have started but couldn't get into -- I would be willing to give it another try if someone can convince me

Tiger and Dragon <-- everyone raved about this and I like Nagase ...

I know I look like a quit-er but I have finished a lot of other stuff ... really ;)
Tiger& Dragon is not a usual japanese drama. its completely different from every other j-drama that i have seen. i was not tomoya nagase fan at first but watching this drama made me his die hard fan. i even stopped in the middle of 1st ep and did not know, wether to stop ot continue watching. i am so glad that i kep watching because by the end i was really convinced that was a best Japanese drama i have ever seen and so far i have seen it 4 times.
the storyline, the acting, choice of actors, shooting of the whole drama, changes between normal daily story to rakugo style story in old ages... all and all just makes this drama so unique and so different.
i really think you should give it another chance. :thumright:
I thought Tiger & Dragon is a really really really great jdrama. One of my top choice. I'm not a big fan of Nagase (until after i've watched Ikebukuro West Gate Park) before or after watching this drama. I'm more of Okada Junichi's fan. I don't know why but i finished 6 or 7 episodes in one day and waited for the rest of the subtitles to be uploaded (because at that time no fansub group seemed to be finishing the project. So i was reallly really thankful for the person who ripped the sub from dvd and uploaded it for us). But yes it's very different from normal jdrama with Rakugo and yakuza as the centre theme. It's the first time i ever heard of Rakugo but i really like it a lot. Superb actings by all the casts and i found a new hottie too: Tsukamoto Takashi <3<3 XD

Hanakimi was all right i guess.. but i stopped watching after 6 episodes but i might want to continue for Toma's sake.. It was only good for the 1st half minutes, and it became very dull in the other half in each episode. So i tend to fast fwd the last half minutes :P I only like the crack/gay stuffs/fanservice and Ikuta Toma in there. I followed the manga a couple of years ago when i was still in high school. It was ok but i stopped after volume 4 or 5 or something because shoujo story tends to bore me after 3 or 4 volumes..... But the taiwanese version was even worse. I think it's because of Ella :scratch: and bad actings by the rest of the casts...

As for bad dramas:

-Gokusen 2 (It's just sooooo boring.. even with Kame and Jin in it..)

-Trick (What a waste of my money...)

-Bambino (I love Matjun but after 4 episodes i just got tired of it...but i won't say it's the worst. I love the foods though..)

-Waterboys 2 (The worst.... I got the same feeling like when i was watching Gokusen 2)

-1 Litre of Tears (i'm probably the only one who hates this drama..hahaha... I dislike the fictional characters added in this...)

-Stand up! (Another waste of my money...)

-Hero, Pride, basically anything with Kimura Takuya in it.. Tried to watch Hero and Pride, but couldn't finished the 1st episode. Hella boring..

-Tanaka "something" (everything is about trains :scratch:, train patterned panties, handkerchiefs.. I'm all weirded out and bored...)

-Summer Snow
jho wrote:
acau wrote:This is the first time I heard someone said "summer snow" is boring :P
No, I thought Summer Snow was super boring too :whistling:
Ditto.. Watched 2 episodes and i was bored to death...
jump wrote:I might choose drama by script such as Kudo Kankuro etc
Me too! I love most of Kudo Kankuro's work (his script or screenplay) 8D like Ikebukuro West Gate Park (best drama ever i think), Tiger & Dragon (one of my top 5 drama of all time), Kisarazu Cat's Eye, 69 Sixty Nine, Ping Pong, Go...
Last edited by pedang_patah on Sep 26th, '07, 14:04, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
iruka92
Posts: 88
Joined: Jul 15th, '07, 03:53
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Post by iruka92 » Sep 26th, '07, 13:29

hanakimi is a good drama. :cussing:

i HATE 'attention please. god, the only reason i watched it was bcoz of ryo. :crazy:
NOW WATCHING | Sungkyunkwan Scandal | Hetalia

pedang_patah
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 10th, '04, 13:08
Location: Kabuki cho
Contact:

Post by pedang_patah » Sep 26th, '07, 15:12

blue_shoe wrote:Ok, i'm a new comer to dorama, always had been a kdrama freak. I haven't seen that much but here's my list..

Started but iono if I should keep going(maybe yall can tell me lol :lol...LIST
Sekai no Chuushin de - When i saw the grandfather was getting all emotion with his first love's ASH! that's right! he went and dug up her ASH and was all feeling up on it. I was like WTF is this.
Beautiful Life - Seen 3 ep so far but got boring. Not to offend anyone, but the moment i see the main actress being handicapped, I knew I may not like the drama. I guess I'm not into all that look-at-how-society-is-treating-impaired-people.
Summer Snow - Seen 1st ep, but it is so boring already. Again this show deals with impaired people. He lied to her about his illness, sounds like what people do these days over the internet to meet up with girls, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
One Litre of Tears - Girl born with disease.....OMG damnit. This show has such high rating on Daddict and jdorama....
Liar Game - This genre of drama is just too weird...iono, main girl is cute...

The ones I liked LIST
Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love) - My first dorama, a friend recommended me, loved it, got me all emotional. BEST THEME SONG EVER!
Hano Yori Dango 1 & 2 - Although I like season 2 much better, overall this drama good, Inoue is so hot. It has all that cute, heartbreaking, and awww scenes.
Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love) - WOW WOW WOW, one of the best dramas I've ever seen counting all my Kdramas and Jdramas. Main girl is so cute, in the first few minutes my eyes were glued to the screen of her in the wedding gown and Ken-zou wishing he could go back to change all his mistakes to marry her...WISH GRANTED!

Waiting to be seen LIST
Nobuta wo Produce
Good Luck
Orange Days


If you share my interests or non-interests please point out from the "waiting to be seen" list which I should or should not watch :D ANY new recommendations would also be nice.

Lastly, sry for my wordy post, is it just me or all jdrama guy actors anorexic?
I don't like any of the Started but iono if I should keep going(maybe yall can tell me lol :lol...LIST list. I watched Sekai no Chuusin the movie and was totally disappointed with it. The plot is very draggy and boring... So i was really shocked they made it into a drama... Man that's gonna be the most boring out of the most boring dramas ever! So i didn't watch it the drama. Enough wasting 1 hour and a half or so watching the movie :cussing:

Since we do share the non-interests part, i suggest you watch Orange Days... I love it :D May be i'm bias like that because i'm a big fan of Eita and Tsumabuki Satoshi (and a bit of Nari chan) but it is really worth watching. I enjoyed it thoroughly :D

I like Nobuta Produce as well mainly because i like Yamapi's character. Note: I don't like Yamapi but i like his seemed-to-be-on-drugs character 8D

I have nothing to say on Good Luck. I tried watching 1 episode and couldn't continue watching it. I don't know why but i never like any Kimura Takuya's dramas. I tried to watch them but i could never like it.
Simaldeff wrote:I'm going to download (or try as you don't have many seeds on those) Unfair ... because I liked the protagonist in Anego ... will see.

To measure my understanding of "quality" in the j-dorama world : For me the best doramas are
IWGP !!! the best PERIOD ever (it made me want to live in Ikebukuro one day). Yamapi + Nagase + Watanabe + Koyuki + Kato Ai + Tsumabaki Satoshi + Kubozuka Yosuke ... SOMEONE PLEASE STOP ME!!!!
Tiger & Dragon !!!! awesome
... *searching not to list another Nagase dorama to not show I love the guy*
Ah! ... Engine ! Revelation of Ueno Juri + Koyuki + Kimutaku ... what does people need to be happier? I can't see what.
Kisarazu cat's eyes! Really funny AND touching

If there is one you think it's a must see (like IWGP, GTO or that kind of level) ... PM me and tell me the title.
We have the same taste in dorama!!!! 8D Yep indeed IWGP is the best drama ever! Along with Tiger & Dragon, Satorare, Kisarazu Cat's Eyes... I don't like Engine (because i don't like Kimura Takuya and i'm bias like taht)..

You should watch Unfair.. You can never guess who's the criminal until towards the end although i did guess it right at episode 7 or something.. Hehehehe.. And again yes may be i'm being biased because I'm a die hard fan of Eita D: I did upload 2 episodes at stage6 but didn't continue uploading because i went back home for summer..

thesa_chiba
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 2nd, '07, 04:14

Post by thesa_chiba » Sep 26th, '07, 15:14

My worst dramas are:

1. nodame cantabile - i think i stopped around ep 7 or 8. noda's character annoys the crap out of me. watched it cuz all my friends were saying its good; i dont understand what they're talking about.

2. kurosagi - watched it cuz of yamapi. storyline started getting repetitive in the middle. i stopped trying to understand it. so painful. i watched it cuz people said that and liar game are similiar and i thought that kurosagi will really make me think about how to solve the mysteries, but i was wrong. and yamapi's role as a swindler isnt convincing.

3. gokusen 1 & 2 - the only good thing about it was the casting.

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Sep 26th, '07, 17:34

I don't think people liked Tiger and Dragon because it was too complex in it's storytelling. I thought it was utter brilliant in the way it's done. Doesn't help I also love Rakugo and I have a love for Nagase. So the show was just plain amazing.

I just finished Hana Kimi ( the japanese version ). I really forced myself yto watch it because I can't stand Oguri Shun. I keep thinking he did enough drugs to just be way too mellow/not looking in the right direction kinda tired looking for every roll. He worked for Hanazawa Rui in HYD because Rui was supposed to be Autistic. And Maki is a horrible actress , she's way too animated , as in I can't beilieve her and her facial expressions are kinda awful. The Taiwan version still winds hands down because it had better casting , and I liked how they did the characters better. The should of stopped looked at YEH in coffee prince and Ella and told Maki to tone it down or take some pointers in acting.

arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Sep 26th, '07, 17:59

Archaenon wrote:I don't think people liked Tiger and Dragon because it was too complex in it's storytelling. I thought it was utter brilliant in the way it's done. Doesn't help I also love Rakugo and I have a love for Nagase. So the show was just plain amazing.

I just finished Hana Kimi ( the japanese version ). I really forced myself yto watch it because I can't stand Oguri Shun. I keep thinking he did enough drugs to just be way too mellow/not looking in the right direction kinda tired looking for every roll. He worked for Hanazawa Rui in HYD because Rui was supposed to be Autistic. And Maki is a horrible actress , she's way too animated , as in I can't beilieve her and her facial expressions are kinda awful. The Taiwan version still winds hands down because it had better casting , and I liked how they did the characters better. The should of stopped looked at YEH in coffee prince and Ella and told Maki to tone it down or take some pointers in acting.
I think ur sooooo true about Maki & Shun ..I didn't like thier acting but Honestly Toma was the only one who forced me to watch the drama cuz of his great acting..& If we want to compare Shun with Wu Chun I'll say that Wu Chun is much better in portraying the charatcer more than Shun..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests