7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
2%

Total votes: 645

Versalius

Post by Versalius » Oct 8th, '05, 04:33

yamada = 168 cm/ saori = 171 cm...........waaaa..sob sob.. i same height wif yamada! shorter den saori!!UNacceptable!!!!

<3Hermes

Post by <3Hermes » Oct 8th, '05, 04:35

Versalius wrote:yamada = 168 cm/ saori = 171 cm...........waaaa..sob sob.. i same height wif yamada! shorter den saori!!UNacceptable!!!!
wow she is tall, about 5'8"? and with heels she must be 5'10" :O so tall for an asian girl :crazy:

no worries, did you not see the ending? :P

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 8th, '05, 04:43

doinkies doesn't think Saori really gives a pyon how tall Tsuyoshi is...:P

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 8th, '05, 05:08

cmge wrote:SWEEET... :D .. thast xcellent news... cant wait to c it... Itoh Misak is soo lovely...
I don't think Itoh Misaki in that series will charm as in Densha Otoko.
but in anyway, i also looking forward to see it :wub:

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Oct 8th, '05, 07:00

I need some help here. For those of you with good memories, which episode was it where Densha was daydreaming about Hermes in a maid costume and some other costumes??? I watched it a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot which episode it was! :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to the new Itou Misaki :wub: drama also.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 07:03

I think it was about 5 or 6 when Sakurai begins to fall for Hermes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 8th, '05, 07:20

i can't remember which ep but i can remember that after Densha dream about Hermes in that way , he going to google for Hermes'computer spec.

Versalius

Post by Versalius » Oct 8th, '05, 09:58

It is in epiode 9...when Hermes accepted Yamada as n Otaku!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 14:59

flashing back in memory, that's like the most funny scene ever! :D :D :lol

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Oct 8th, '05, 16:41

thanks guys! I was looking at eps 6-11, well I was skimming thru them and I didn't see the part where Densha was daydreaming about Hermes. I'll take a closer look at eps 9 and 6.

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Oct 8th, '05, 16:44

Its in the beginning of episode 9 like the first 4minutes.

edc

Post by edc » Oct 8th, '05, 16:50

Hey i'm like 6'! She'd be PERFECT FOR ME!!! ^______^

chimpski

[Discussion] Crazy Coincidence? (Densha Otoko)

Post by chimpski » Oct 8th, '05, 18:14

This is my first time starting a new topic. I read the rules, but if I have made any mistake please let me know. Thank you for patience.

Now for the fun. So a while ago I watched TV Champion: Akiba Ou Senshuken. (Thank you to the uploader)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... bf28e21e81
For some reason I thought that one of the contestant looked familiar, to me this was very strange, because I am sure I have never seen these people before.
Today in my search for more Densha Otoko material, I started rewatching the entire series. Now I know I recognized one of the contestants from TV Champion in Densha Otoko ep. 1!!! For sure I think it is him, I think this is a crazy coincidence, and I wonder if other people think it is the same person. If so he must really live night and day in Akihabara.

This is from TV Champion, just one scene from Round 1, he (#19) is ofcourse all over the show.
And this is from Densha Otoko (ep1) around 54 seconds into the clip.

I want to know if there are many other crazy coincidences that others have found. Please post them in this thread, for everyone's enjoyment.
Patience, courtesy, and grace. There should be more of these on every BBS.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 8th, '05, 18:23

not really a violation of the rules, but we have quite a few 'densha' threads as it is. i am merging yours with the main discussion thread.

btw, you have pretty good eyes. from the screencaps, they look very similar!
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 18:26

you guys been talking about Itohn Misaki's height for a while now and i just recognize i am just a little bit taller than her.. if i can know just how to speak japanese :wub: :wub: :cry: I will make myself a truth Densha!!!! :blink im not exactly an otaku though.. lol maybe a drama otaku :mrgreen:

WOW That's awesome!!! WE JUST FOUND A TRUE OTAKU!!!
lol btw it looks my step brother somewhat

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 19:02

I'm 177cm myself, 6cm more than Misaki Itoh-san!!

pwner4once~ you can learn japanese online japanese-online.com its free and this is where 'm learning a bit :lol

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 20:22

haha nice nice.
but wouldn't it be kind hard learning a language online? :blink
also how do u get your signature to show up on every post? do u click Attach Signature everytime u post?

cmge

Post by cmge » Oct 8th, '05, 20:27

pwner4once wrote:also how do u get your signature to show up on every post? do u click Attach Signature everytime u post?
got oyour profile and go to signatures and add it the way u want it.. it will always add watever u put in it whenever u make a post

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 20:30

cmge wrote:
pwner4once wrote:also how do u get your signature to show up on every post? do u click Attach Signature everytime u post?
got oyour profile and go to signatures and add it the way u want it.. it will always add watever u put in it whenever u make a post
thanks for the info. but i've already done that and i just didn't enable the sig posting thing in Posting

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 06:51

pwner4once wrote:haha nice nice.
but wouldn't it be kind hard learning a language online? :blink
also how do u get your signature to show up on every post? do u click Attach Signature everytime u post?
Not that hard, since I have an application for japanese learning as well. It uses the MS Agent speaking. That's pretty nice.

Glad to know that you've finally setup your signature to show automatically :lol

Versalius

Post by Versalius » Oct 9th, '05, 13:05

Hmmm.....power4once. Being Densha is probably gud in terms of having a chick like Saori..But otherwise, I think it is better to think twice..his life still does not seem right in many ways. Or do u think otherwise??

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 9th, '05, 18:19

Just watched the Special (which rules) .. wasn't the girl at the start Doko (Iwasa Mayuko) from Gambatte Ikimasshoi?

ecchisama

Post by ecchisama » Oct 9th, '05, 22:47

this drama must be really really popular if im seeing it on TV in NYC...no subtitles though....
Turn on my tv and my computer..watch Densha 2 ways!
Kittaaa!!
P.S. It was last episode of Densha so I guess it must've been playing for weeks now.

tinlunlau

Post by tinlunlau » Oct 9th, '05, 23:16

argh....i really want to see the TV special. sucks to be on dial up.
is there a smaller xvid rip of the tv special? 700mb too big to download...argh~!!!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 10th, '05, 01:27

tinlunlau wrote:argh....i really want to see the TV special. sucks to be on dial up.
is there a smaller xvid rip of the tv special? 700mb too big to download...argh~!!!
haha sorry to hear that.
but i wouldn't want to watch anything with low quality. for the f2, it was all blurry and i couldn't make out some people's face. therefore quality is very important. anyways, i hope u will finish downloading soon

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Oct 10th, '05, 01:54

Hiya, I have to say I just started watching Densha Otoko, and im am totally loving it. I definetly can relate to this movie. (^_^)

Kensama

wow

Post by Kensama » Oct 10th, '05, 01:56

wow, i have a friend just like densha otoko who i always get dvd of drama and anime off. He is an anime phenotic. As I was watching it felt funny b/c of it and he never had a g/f for 19 or 20 years or so, however old he is. And looked like densha otoko in the movie b4 he cut his hair (he is japanese). And he's shy in front of girls....and the sad part is he said he only has one out of 144 chance to get a girl. Anyways, my plan after seeing densha otoko is to get him a girlfriend. Going to try to give him a total makeover...wish me luck lol

The drama was great, I was finding myself routing for densha otoko throughout the drama series. And I do agree that we all have some sort of otaku in all of us, do we not?

adrian22

Post by adrian22 » Oct 10th, '05, 03:40

haha...this series is really inspiring!!! also, good looking guys dont else get a beautiful partner...what is the most important is what which is inside...and an otaku has showed us.,...
densha otoko rules!!!

if u want to change your life, watch densha otoko to get motivated! haha we are all supporting here!!
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
emocha dot net :w00t:

thymonarch

sry

Post by thymonarch » Oct 10th, '05, 05:00

sry...is too hard for me too read all 47 pages so sry if is already asked..but..

who's the girl that plays Kaoru? the grl in the hospital, always on the bed, one of the girls that cheers yamada on the forums..

anyone know her name? o.o

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: sry

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 10th, '05, 05:05

thymonarch wrote:sry...is too hard for me too read all 47 pages so sry if is already asked..but..

who's the girl that plays Kaoru? the grl in the hospital, always on the bed, one of the girls that cheers yamada on the forums..

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Densha_Otoko (look up the actor/actress here)
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

cmge

Re: sry

Post by cmge » Oct 10th, '05, 05:06

thymonarch wrote:sry...is too hard for me too read all 47 pages so sry if is already asked..but..

if reading is too much.. u can always check out the WIKI... :P

n e whoo i do beleive its Koide Saori

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 10th, '05, 05:46

You can have more of Densha Otoko at Japanese Entertainment Download:

Code: Select all

http://japanentdownloads.blogsome.com/
cmge wrote: if reading is too much.. u can always check out the WIKI... Tongue

n e whoo i do beleive its Koide Saori
Koide Saori plays Mina-san (Karin)

The girl in the Hospital is Kaitou Aiko

cmge

Post by cmge » Oct 10th, '05, 06:32

ahh my mistake... gomen... :pale:

kljs

Post by kljs » Oct 10th, '05, 06:38

from the SP final, I can say they have set themselves up for a season 2 if they really want to. :)

bukkakefighter

Post by bukkakefighter » Oct 10th, '05, 06:41

I gave this show a fair vote of 3. I has a good time watching it but the end had me feeling stale and sour. I think it was when I saw episode 11 was 1/2 a recap and 1/2 an episode of forum people crying I realized to myself that the main character in this show did not change one bit. He did not deserve the girl and probably deserved to get his ass kicked for stuttering so much consistently. I know people are nervous the first time around but damn.... after awhile he should have gotten used to it. In the end all I got from the show was "my god these people are all whiny and love to cry over insignifigant things". The reason why this show really was enjoyable for me was purely the comedy (especially with the lanevo dood). But besides that It was a really annoying show. Therefore 3 is a good fair score :)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 10th, '05, 06:56

bukkakefighter wrote:I gave this show a fair vote of 3. I has a good time watching it but the end had me feeling stale and sour. I think it was when I saw episode 11 was 1/2 a recap and 1/2 an episode of forum people crying I realized to myself that the main character in this show did not change one bit. He did not deserve the girl and probably deserved to get his ass kicked for stuttering so much consistently. I know people are nervous the first time around but damn.... after awhile he should have gotten used to it. In the end all I got from the show was "my god these people are all whiny and love to cry over insignifigant things". The reason why this show really was enjoyable for me was purely the comedy (especially with the lanevo dood). But besides that It was a really annoying show. Therefore 3 is a good fair score :)
Imagine someone who lived only for Anime, Video Games and suddenly find himself fallen in love for the girl. Do you think that it is easy for him to change completely?? He totally deserve the girl I say because of his attitude towards Hermes, and not he didnot deserve her because of his stuttering and the fuss he creates.

Put yourself in Densha's skin, I mean, if you were a pure Otaku, I guess you wouldn't even begin to date the girl out but for him, his life changed completely and it takes time to adapt and he did his best and he kept being honest toward Hermes.
cmge wrote:ahh my mistake... gomen... :pale:
It's okay we all do mistake :w00t:

And for others who were asking who's the girl who tricked Gitaa Otoko, the girl in question is the singer/actress Iwasa Mayuko. I've just added her to the d-addicts wiki (duh got headache on how adding her picture lol)
Last edited by Xi@h on Oct 10th, '05, 07:00, edited 2 times in total.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 10th, '05, 06:58

From what I think, I think the Hermes character is kinda selfish though.. Come on, densha did everything to her, and what she did was kinda like hurting him over and over. That's not that fair, isn't it?
This is just my point of view, not that I start some "hermes hater" club :D

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Oct 10th, '05, 07:05

SHIN-RA wrote:From what I think, I think the Hermes character is kinda selfish though.. Come on, densha did everything to her, and what she did was kinda like hurting him over and over. That's not that fair, isn't it?
how so?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 10th, '05, 07:05

SHIN-RA wrote:From what I think, I think the Hermes character is kinda selfish though.. Come on, densha did everything to her, and what she did was kinda like hurting him over and over. That's not that fair, isn't it?
Hurting him, I don't think so. She had a problem from past incidents that makes she can't trust any men. Put yourself in her skin, you'll surely understand. Selfish? I didnot have this impression though while watching the dramas. You should get into the story and the personality itself to understand the true feeling.

But I do feel sad when she rejects Densha without knowing the true facts of the board posting. That's might be where she's a bit selfish dakedo Yamada-san no koto Aoyama-san daisuki desu and vice versa :cry:

zzfire

Post by zzfire » Oct 10th, '05, 08:23

lol,from the director's point,Densha is short and weak but hermes is so lovable and kawaii,most male audience will scoff at densha and imagine that he himself can do it as well as densha ;otherwise,some female audience will think altho hermes is lovable and kawaii she finally get a short and weak bf.Both sides get what they wanna get from this drama--the satisfaction.anyway it's a good drama. everyone is pure and enthusiastic.It moves me a lot.that's what i get from the drama additionally.

DreamCasts

Post by DreamCasts » Oct 10th, '05, 10:16

:wub: :wub: :wub: wat a Final.. :wub: :wub: :wub:
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Another Beautiful Ending :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Ki-ta!!!--------( ^-^)---------

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 10th, '05, 16:41

im at a loss at how in some of these other dramas, people can behave in such unrealisitc ways and cheat on each other 100 times and cause so much dramas and problems and such, but a drama like densha otoko where its obviously for comedy and basically just about 2 different people trying to get together gets the nitpickers in an uproar.

every drama has that stuff. anways see SEKAI NO CHUSHIIN DE? poor dude is dragging a half dead girl in the airport for like 20 minutes and no one so much as walks over.

sorry, but the people will like 5 posts who are explaining WHY THE DRAMA WASNT REALLY GOOD irritate me.

:lol densha kicked 100 kinds of ass, and the special was a nice touch, and really funny, and had SONIM for gods sake! how can anyone dislike something with SONIM?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 10th, '05, 16:47

nikochanr3 wrote: :lol densha kicked 100 kinds of ass, and the special was a nice touch, and really funny, and had SONIM for gods sake! how can anyone dislike something with SONIM?
Sonim was in it? Oooo!! :blink
:runs to download:

Guitar Otoko

I can't let Densha Otoko go!!!

Post by Guitar Otoko » Oct 10th, '05, 19:44

I can't let Densha Otoko go!!! :cry:

For the past few months I've been watching Densha Otoko. It was the best series I have ever seen in my whole life. Now that it has ended, I am watching at least 2 episode every day because I just can't let the series go. :cry:

Could anyone recommend me another jdrama that's very similar to Densha Otoko please. So I can get on with my life and stop crying over this beautiful series. :cry:

I am a very sad otoko. OTL :cry:

Thank you all so much. :cry:

P.S. WIll there be another final episode like the last one?

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 10th, '05, 20:05

guitar otoko why dont you join the thread for singles, its like living the real thing ^_^

cloud

diablonhn

Post by diablonhn » Oct 10th, '05, 20:07

get a life

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Oct 10th, '05, 20:10

Well my friend Densha Otoko is one hell of a series, but don't let yourself get to overwhelmed for there is alot of excellent Jdoramas that will tickle your fancy. Just keep browsing, your in the right spot my friend! (^_^)
sig created by: sesshu.kotoyumu
Current Drama viewing: Stand Up!! Saiyuuki
-摂取可愛い *lol*

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 10th, '05, 20:18

doinkies liked the special too! Especially when Matsunaga and Kawamoto were acting out the Densha and Hermes confession scene... :lol

While I see bukkake's point about Densha, I personally don't think he's a doink. I mean, he's an otaku who was made fun of and he thought no one would ever date him...of course he would be nervous and stutter! I got a little annoyed when he made the wrong decision sometimes, but doinkies could understand. doinkies is shy and dorky myself so I could sympathize with Densha a lot.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 10th, '05, 20:19

diablonhn it might be hard, but try not to be a twat.

Guitar Otoko, there are like 3/4 densha mangas you could read plus the original story translated (not completely yet) into English, you can find the link in the Densha thread. (use the search topic feature)..

Then there is the RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE ASIAN DRAMAS, plus others in the selected countrys forums.

And as far as I know there isn't any more Densha episodes planned.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 10th, '05, 20:26

Yeah, there are four Densha Otoko manga adaptations out there (I like the one by Hara Hidenori, that's the version that's being scanlated).

Also look in the Recommended/Favorite J-dramas thread for some other romantic comedy J-dramas you might enjoy. ^^

Schala

Post by Schala » Oct 10th, '05, 21:19

Hmm..I recommend Majou no Jouken, if you can tolerate a student/teacher relationship. But it is somewhat similiar, with the two people trying to overcome what society wants them to be, so they can be together. It was a very sweet story, and I really enjoyed it. ^^

Also, I've always wanted to know...what does OTL mean? I saw it used in Densha Otoko, and now here, and I'm still confused about what it means....^^0

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 10th, '05, 21:21

Schala wrote:Also, I've always wanted to know...what does OTL mean? I saw it used in Densha Otoko, and now here, and I'm still confused about what it means....^^0
The "O" is the head, the "T" is the hand on the ground and the "L" is the legs bending down. Put the three together and that's what you get, Densha bowing down.

Of course, the drama shows it in a different view, but it means the same thing.
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

Schala

Post by Schala » Oct 10th, '05, 21:27

yt_toshi wrote: The "O" is the head, the "T" is the hand on the ground and the "L" is the legs bending down. Put the three together and that's what you get, Densha bowing down.

Of course, the drama shows it in a different view, but it means the same thing.
Ohhh...I see it!....Sorta..^^0

Thanks!

zzfire

Post by zzfire » Oct 11th, '05, 00:58

Some details..:)
1the sock man(one of the forumers,who imitate Densha in the train in final special episode),does anyone notice him?
In his room,there is a beauty poster on the wall.She's Sonim
2in the end of the final special,the left shift key of Densha's notebook(sony vaio:)) is splitted
3I wonder what's that in the attachment pic?It's about 1'41'' in the final special where Densha is looking out in the train
Attachments
41.JPG
what's this&#65311;
41.JPG (1.84 KiB) Viewed 1893 times

bukkakefighter

Post by bukkakefighter » Oct 11th, '05, 02:29

there's a limit, like I said after you know a person for awhile, as Densha did, you should be more comfortable around them and no longer stutter at the very least, but the stutter persisted into long pauses where I just wanted to slap him and she seemed a little too easy for it. I mean granted just about all Jdrama is overacted.. but this one kind of pushed the limit towards the end.

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by amrayu » Oct 11th, '05, 08:17

Guitar Otoko:
I merged your thread with this existing one. Densha otoko related stuff about the drama goes here. It shouldn't have been locked earlier. -dunno who locked it... but anyways...
Have fun!
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 12th, '05, 01:22

zzfire wrote:Some details..:)
1the sock man(one of the forumers,who imitate Densha in the train in final special episode),does anyone notice him?
In his room,there is a beauty poster on the wall.She's Sonim
2in the end of the final special,the left shift key of Densha's notebook(sony vaio:)) is splitted
3I wonder what's that in the attachment pic?It's about 1'41'' in the final special where Densha is looking out in the train
my guess would be some kind of liquor which they will be drinking on the train :lol
i couldn't find it in the actually movie though. can u give me a definitely time?

zzfire

Post by zzfire » Oct 12th, '05, 06:20

[Densha Otoko - another finale SP].rmvb 00:01:41 . maybe the file we watch isn't the same one.that time in the train densha was sitting on the seat,watching out.this bottle is laid on the table left side of the "mi-na" model.
Today I find another detail thing!:):):)
the man who cheated Hermes two years ago(Hermes's ex-boyfriend) ever appeared in the drama!!!He's one of the forumers.The drama tell it clearly.Notice that?in Hermes's run back,they two sat on a bench.In the end when Hermes run away crying,the scene focus on the wrist of the man ,an golden bracelet.let's go back to the following scenario.a man kept staying night in his car,he's one of the forumers.the last appearence is he tell out his story and left his car.the scene focus on his wrist again,a faded golden bracelet!

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 12th, '05, 16:39

I noticed that as well. At first I thought it was Kazuya or whatever his name is because they look pretty identical...

doriftospeed

Post by doriftospeed » Oct 13th, '05, 18:14

On ep9, Saori said something like "MOE" in the arcade and all the otakus in the background fainted. why was that? what does MOE mean?

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 13th, '05, 18:39

doriftospeed wrote:On ep9, Saori said something like "MOE" in the arcade and all the otakus in the background fainted. why was that? what does MOE mean?
See this wiki. :)

doriftospeed

Post by doriftospeed » Oct 13th, '05, 20:19

ic, makes sense now. hehe. thanx :D

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Oct 13th, '05, 20:45

Oh gosh Densha Otoko gets better and better everytime that I watch it. Been showing it to my friends now they can't get enough of it.
-摂取可愛い *lol*

ZGMF-X20A

Post by ZGMF-X20A » Oct 13th, '05, 20:53

off topic question is there any English translated version of the novel?
where to get it? :)
thx in advance

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 13th, '05, 21:33

i tried to find it the other day and had no sucess. i don't even think there is a translated version of that romantic book named "The train man". when i searched it on both barnsandnoble.com and amazon.com; the books showed up were all written by English writer, nothing translated or even relates to the japanese noble, The Train Man

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Oct 13th, '05, 21:57

I don't think there's an english novel version, and I don't expect to see one for a while, Sekai no Chushin (novel) has just been translated in English.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 13th, '05, 23:23

So a thought occurred to me:
Are there many females here that really liked Densha Otoko?
Because I only thought it was just ok... :fear:
I definitely didn't go ga-ga for Ito Misaki and I thought the supporting cast were a lot more intersting than the main characters.
....but then, I'm not a guy, so I was wondering if it was just my tastes or something more systematic....

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 13th, '05, 23:35

juz finished watching densha otoko the final episode. Love it to pieces. I'm not from japan myself and i wonder if the otaku(s) potrayed in the series really exist. I know that this series is very much adapted from real life events, but still, i occurs to me if the production crews have made it more dramatic for the sake of the series itself. Having said that, i love all the characters and looking forward for more quality jdramas in the future. Kita!!!! :lol
love and kindness are never wasted. they always make a difference. they bless the one who receives them and they bless you, the giver.
''''barbara de angelis''''

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 13th, '05, 23:35

Well, the novel is just the original 2ch thread in book form. http://www.rinji.tv/densha is translating it. But doinkies imagines that the novel and maybe one or all four of the manga adaptations will be published in the U.S. in the future.

For that matter, I'm a female fan of Densha Otoko myself. I think it's just your taste in dramas...

daalig

Post by daalig » Oct 14th, '05, 09:17

I tried watching this series. I could relate well with this series as I do spend most of my life in front of the computer, but after the 5th episode I could no longer watch anymore. The best thing about this series is the 2 openings on the first episode, I did really enjoy them. But the main problem with series is I didn't find any of the chraracters likeable. Densha came acrross as nice, but irratating and his screentime was painful to watch, and I didn't find Hermes to be sweet as many people had said. There wasn't any depth to any of the characters for me, so I couldn't get into it. To me it was an average drama, though it seems a lot of people really like it.

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Oct 14th, '05, 15:09

Well after watching 電車男 many times now, I kind of feel that my conclusion brings me to that Yomoda really irks me a bit. Call me a skeptic but, the final episode, and another final endings are just WAYYY out there. There was some stuff in the show that I could relate with, but just like the fourm members said, "Thats out of our grasp" (loose translation).

Hell of a story that, even though it is fiction, I think the ドラマ(dorama) definetly captures the dreams of alot of otakus out there. It just seems so far fetched, yet I do understand that it took over a 3 month period for the two too progress, yet still a little far fetched towards the end...although im probably just speaking like this because im away from my g/f :pale:

悲しみ
-摂取可愛い *lol*

godmode

Post by godmode » Oct 15th, '05, 08:01

this is a great show, although i really can't stand Yamada and his otaku friends.
the supporting cast is briliant (especially Jinkama and Sakurai)
Currently watching:

Proposal Daisakusen
Hanayome to Papa

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Oct 16th, '05, 11:30

im currently watching the hardsubs done by tv nihon, so far this drama is great! I must admit yamada is a lil irritating at times but ito masaki makes up for it =)

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Oct 16th, '05, 13:57

for all you densha fans out there, i made music video ...
please check it out here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23446[/url]

bentoman

I can't help but to compare it to the movie...

Post by bentoman » Oct 16th, '05, 23:49

I saw the movie this past summer, and I loved it. This series though, makes densha look a lot wimpier. In the movie, he's just not good with women. In this version, he cries like a girl, and can barely string sentences together. He's less a man, and more a boy in the series. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him, and in fact want him to fail. I love Hermes' portion of the series, and it's really her backstory and her perspective on the whole situation that keeps me watching.[/img]