[Discussion] Densha Otoko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Densha Otoko?

Life-Altering (5)
314
49%
See it (4)
249
39%
Probably shouldn't miss it (3)
48
7%
Only if you have time (2)
20
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
14
2%
 
Total votes: 645

User avatar
fox666
Posts: 23
Joined: Aug 18th, '05, 18:30
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by fox666 » Sep 26th, '05, 21:49

The life after Densha Otaku
:cry: :cry: :cry:

What now?
I watched the whole series and enjoyed it.
There where a lot anime jokes in the series which I loved.
The actors were great, the humor was fun and the story was addicted.
Now its over I am looking for another series.


Who can tell me which series are Anime related or remakes of Anime?

User avatar
inishi
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep 26th, '05, 00:13
Location: Toronto, ON

Post by inishi » Sep 26th, '05, 22:16

fox666 wrote:The life after Densha Otaku
:cry: :cry: :cry:

What now?
I watched the whole series and enjoyed it.
There where a lot anime jokes in the series which I loved.
The actors were great, the humor was fun and the story was addicted.
Now its over I am looking for another series.


Who can tell me which series are Anime related or remakes of Anime?
Gokusen! Or...H2, i've only heard about that one though XD And...Metero Garden is based after Hana Yori Dango. This one's not a series but it's a really good movie after its anime, Casshern.

User avatar
fox666
Posts: 23
Joined: Aug 18th, '05, 18:30
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by fox666 » Sep 26th, '05, 22:25

inishi wrote: Gokusen! Or...H2, I've only heard about that one though XD And...Metero Garden is based after Hana Yori Dango. This ones not a series but it's a really good movie after its anime, Casshern.
I already have Metero Garden on DVD. :D
WOW what a movie :w00t:

I'll look for Gokusen and H2 thanx m8 :D
I really appreciate it

User avatar
doink-chan
Posts: 249
Joined: May 17th, '05, 22:21
Location: The happy land of doinks
Contact:
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 26th, '05, 22:35

There is also the upcoming Hana Yori Dango J-drama that premieres October 21!

Also, Attack No. 1 and Ace o Nerae! are both based off classic shoujo sports manga and anime from the sixties and seventies respectively.
Image

User avatar
fox666
Posts: 23
Joined: Aug 18th, '05, 18:30
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by fox666 » Sep 26th, '05, 22:41

There is a life after Densha Otako !!! :D

Thanx guys I will check these out

da da low
Posts: 3
Joined: Sep 26th, '05, 01:40

Post by da da low » Sep 27th, '05, 00:05

thank you so much for the subtitle, also cmge do you know the Desha Otoko NG special subtitle please let me konw. Da Da Low
Attachments
ken.gif
ken.gif (28.58 KiB) Viewed 1921 times

User avatar
LeXaeus
Posts: 3
Joined: Sep 25th, '05, 21:18
Location: Utah, USA

Post by LeXaeus » Sep 27th, '05, 04:43

I am going to be visiting Japan in May. Do you think alot of these series, like Densha, will be available to buy on DVD by then?

User avatar
yt_toshi
Posts: 504
Joined: Jan 21st, '05, 21:51
Location: Land of the Bunchies
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 27th, '05, 04:48

LeXaeus wrote:I am going to be visiting Japan in May. Do you think alot of these series, like Densha, will be available to buy on DVD by then?
I'm sure it will available on DVD, just like most of the current dramas that are currently available on DVD.
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

User avatar
kali4niaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Sep 28th, '04, 19:00
Location: :D

Post by kali4niaguy » Sep 27th, '05, 04:54

I haven't watched it yet, but I will start tonight. it seemed really interesting when I read the synopsis at Jdorama.com.

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » Sep 27th, '05, 09:57

yt_toshi wrote:
LeXaeus wrote:I am going to be visiting Japan in May. Do you think alot of these series, like Densha, will be available to buy on DVD by then?
I'm sure it will available on DVD, just like most of the current dramas that are currently available on DVD.
I'm also going to visit Japan around the same time..That's good to know that hopefully, they'll be available. But, I wonder if they'll have subtitles or not...
Image

User avatar
20centuryboy
Posts: 552
Joined: May 3rd, '05, 15:59
Location: Paris

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 27th, '05, 10:16

albertoavena wrote:I'm also going to visit Japan around the same time..That's good to know that hopefully, they'll be available. But, I wonder if they'll have subtitles or not...
almost certain that not.

vipper
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 15th, '05, 08:40

Post by vipper » Sep 27th, '05, 17:21

http://www.rinji.tv/densha/
p r o j e c t . D E N S H A
The 'Densha Otoko' Translation Project
    キタ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃
┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃
┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃
┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━━━━━━━━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━(゚∀゚)━!!    ┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃┃
┃┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃┃
┃┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃┃
┃┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛┃
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User avatar
Lowest
Posts: 372
Joined: May 22nd, '05, 13:41

Post by Lowest » Sep 27th, '05, 17:54

vipper wrote:http://www.rinji.tv/densha/
p r o j e c t . D E N S H A
The 'Densha Otoko' Translation Project
    キタ━━
ahh, nice website.. I wonder if it's the english one I went to last time.. that one also 'translated' densha but it was all jumbled and confusing.. I'll look forward to reading the origninal story though :-)


edit:

Just got to add this line that I just read
710 Name: 680 Date: 04/03/16 20:31

well, i'm a woman and if someone called me i wouldn't be scared away... i'd think "ah, the cups arrived. what a conscientious person, to call and say thank you", and have a good impression.
:lol

User avatar
feedmeister
Posts: 41
Joined: Mar 7th, '05, 12:57

Post by feedmeister » Sep 28th, '05, 01:32

Can someone help me find the name of one of the actresses in Densha Otoko?

The person I am thinking of is one of the forum members. She's the girl that is always with the guy with the big hair. She looks familiar but I can't figure out where I've seen her before.

User avatar
kali4niaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Sep 28th, '04, 19:00
Location: :D

Post by kali4niaguy » Sep 28th, '05, 09:32

I just finished watching it, what a great drama! :w00t: the otaku in me was rooting for Densha. I really want that Mina figure though, the figurine of the girl with the rabbit ears and she has her arms up in the "FIGHTING" pose. :) thanks Dochira and Jholic for pointing me to the Densha Otoko direction! :mrgreen: I wonder if the real Densha Otoko and Hermes ever posted their pics online!? :blink

User avatar
tigerwong
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 28th, '05, 11:28

Post by tigerwong » Sep 28th, '05, 12:31

I felt like watching Beauty and the Beast movie but Jap version :lol

But anyway, I was introduced by my cousin about this movie and I loved it:wub: :wub: , it is the best drama movie ever since I watched Meteor Garden. It is now one of my Fav Drama List :wub: :wub:

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » Sep 28th, '05, 19:02

If you liked the movie, you're going to enjoy the drama..so funny! :D
Image

User avatar
DreamCasts
Posts: 21
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 17:29
Location: MALAYSIA

Post by DreamCasts » Sep 28th, '05, 19:15

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumright: tat all i can saY!! :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: [/img]
Attachments
top_01.gif
top_01.gif (8.95 KiB) Viewed 1908 times

User avatar
Kaji-shonen
Posts: 39
Joined: Jun 21st, '05, 03:06
Location: far east

Post by Kaji-shonen » Sep 29th, '05, 03:59

feedmeister wrote:Can someone help me find the name of one of the actresses in Densha Otoko?

The person I am thinking of is one of the forum members. She's the girl that is always with the guy with the big hair. She looks familiar but I can't figure out where I've seen her before.
Image?
name:Tamura Tagame 田村たがめ
age:31
works:Kyumei byoto 24 ji [救命病棟24時] Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikiru Michi [僕と彼女と彼女の生きる道]
Hatsu Taiken [初体験]

User avatar
broken_wings
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 29th, '05, 04:44

Post by broken_wings » Sep 29th, '05, 04:49

this is one of the best I've ever seen... I've always considered myself as a closet otaku because my friends laugh at me when I start talking about anime and stuff, i can totally relate to this... I just hope people would understand... sigh... I hope forums like that really do exist... sigh...

User avatar
~Adam~
Posts: 63
Joined: Sep 11th, '05, 18:39
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by ~Adam~ » Sep 29th, '05, 05:24

Yeah message boards like that do exist.

User avatar
feedmeister
Posts: 41
Joined: Mar 7th, '05, 12:57

Post by feedmeister » Sep 29th, '05, 10:20

Thanks for the info and the pic Kaji-shonen.

That's who I was asking about.

(-Oni-Kazuki-)
Posts: 112
Joined: Sep 13th, '05, 12:32
Location: B.C. Canada

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 29th, '05, 10:25

anyone know where i can get the movie? to d/l? thnx

User avatar
[DS]DragonSlayerz
Posts: 22
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 06:48
Location: So-Cal, U.S.

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 29th, '05, 18:03

(-Oni-Kazuki-) wrote:anyone know where i can get the movie? to d/l? thnx
there is a thread in here... go search for it... i downloaded but it's vcd quality... and the movie sucks btw...

wahhhh i want the densha otoko special to come out already... btw what's gona be in it?
Image

User avatar
kali4niaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Sep 28th, '04, 19:00
Location: :D

Post by kali4niaguy » Sep 29th, '05, 18:20

I think Densha Otoko might take over the #1 spot for most DL'ed drama at D-Addicts. for those of you that hasn't watched it, get it! :-) to all the otakus out there, this drama's for you! :mrgreen:

TheTwinSays
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 30th, '05, 00:38
Location: Melbourne, AU
Contact:

Post by TheTwinSays » Sep 30th, '05, 01:35

I love Densha, but does anyone else feel disappointed in the final episode? It felt really anti-climatic. I think it had something to do with the episode's pacing. Here are my criticisms (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)...


Densha and Hermes should have got together at the end of the episode, not in the middle. I understand that the show's producers had a bit of a problem in that the audience knew what the ending was going to be. So they shifted the focus away from the relationship to Densha's 'graduation' from the forum. As much as I love the forum characters, Densha and Hermes' relationship is what the story is about. It doesn't matter that the audience already knows what the ending is. What does matter is that you give the audience a great version of that ending.

To illustrate my point, I'll mention another dorama, Gokusen 2. Again, here is a story where the audience knows how it will end (the bad students sort themselves out and graduate). I found the ending of Gokusen 2 far more satisifying than Densha's though, because it's last episode focuses on nothing but the (expected) ending: the students' graduation.

So, if I had written the last Densha episode, I would've reduced the forum characters' scenes and made the whole Densha-Hermes-Sakurai plot much longer. Sakurai should've spent the *entire* episode screwing Densha and Hermes over. Every time Densha and Hermes are about to get together - BANG - Sakurai does something. The closer Densha and Hermes get, the bigger the wedge that Sakurai puts inbetween them. It's a rollercoaster of near-hits which climaxes with Densha and Hermes overcoming Sakurai's last and biggest hurdle. It ends with Densha and Hermes kissing, rather than Densha writing the 1000th post and closing the forum thread.

Anyway, that's my opinion :D Though I am disappointed in the ending, Densha Otoko was my must-see TV show for the past 3 months, and I loved being part of it.

SnowWolf
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 3rd, '05, 01:40

Post by SnowWolf » Sep 30th, '05, 01:43

TheTwinSays wrote:I love Densha, but does anyone else feel disappointed in the final episode? It felt really anti-climatic. I think it had something to do with the episode's pacing. Here are my criticisms (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)...


Densha and Hermes should have got together at the end of the episode, not in the middle. I understand that the show's producers had a bit of a problem in that the audience knew what the ending was going to be. So they shifted the focus away from the relationship to Densha's 'graduation' from the forum. As much as I love the forum characters, Densha and Hermes' relationship is what the story is about. It doesn't matter that the audience already knows what the ending is. What does matter is that you give the audience a great version of that ending.

To illustrate my point, I'll mention another dorama, Gokusen 2. Again, here is a story where the audience knows how it will end (the bad students sort themselves out and graduate). I found the ending of Gokusen 2 far more satisifying than Densha's though, because it's last episode focuses on nothing but the (expected) ending: the students' graduation.

So, if I had written the last Densha episode, I would've reduced the forum characters' scenes and made the whole Densha-Hermes-Sakurai plot much longer. Sakurai should've spent the *entire* episode screwing Densha and Hermes over. Every time Densha and Hermes are about to get together - BANG - Sakurai does something. The closer Densha and Hermes get, the bigger the wedge that Sakurai puts inbetween them. It's a rollercoaster of near-hits which climaxes with Densha and Hermes overcoming Sakurai's last and biggest hurdle. It ends with Densha and Hermes kissing, rather than Densha writing the 1000th post and closing the forum thread.

Anyway, that's my opinion :D Though I am disappointed in the ending, Densha Otoko was my must-see TV show for the past 3 months, and I loved being part of it.
Perfectly said. The ending dragged on and on and on. I was actually relieved when it was over lol. :)

Awesome, awesome series. So touching yet funny at the same time.

User avatar
Felguard
Posts: 162
Joined: Oct 22nd, '04, 07:16
Contact:

Post by Felguard » Sep 30th, '05, 09:51

they should of made a better ending, usually after finish watching a good drama, i get the feeling like "damn, this was one great drama" but the ending for it wasnt as good as i thoughtd it be. i mean not to get the wrong way, this was one of the best dramas ever, but they should of made a better ending to it.

User avatar
kinki
Posts: 213
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 13:21

Post by kinki » Sep 30th, '05, 17:52

while watching Densha Otoko, some interesting things appeared. :roll

look at these photos. 8)

what do you think?
Attachments
otaku.jpg
otaku.jpg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
harrasment.jpg
harrasment.jpg (42.63 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

User avatar
kinki
Posts: 213
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 13:21

Post by kinki » Sep 30th, '05, 18:08

inishi wrote:
fox666 wrote:The life after Densha Otaku
:cry: :cry: :cry:

What now?
I watched the whole series and enjoyed it.
There where a lot anime jokes in the series which I loved.
The actors were great, the humor was fun and the story was addicted.
Now its over I am looking for another series.


Who can tell me which series are Anime related or remakes of Anime?
Gokusen! Or...H2, i've only heard about that one though XD And...Metero Garden is based after Hana Yori Dango. This one's not a series but it's a really good movie after its anime, Casshern.
also, there's Kimi wa petto based on a manga. also, there are the Taiwanese dramas, Mars, Peach Girl and Marmalade boy, which are all based on Japanese shojo manga.

if you want a funny, anime-like drama try GTO, Gokusen and Heaven Cannot wait.

User avatar
kali4niaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Sep 28th, '04, 19:00
Location: :D

Post by kali4niaguy » Sep 30th, '05, 18:21

kinki wrote:while watching Densha Otoko, some interesting things appeared. :roll

look at these photos. 8)

what do you think?
in the 1st pic, the guy was probably hired to do both things. but in the 2nd pic, I didn't even notice that! you must have really sharp eyes and must've been really bored to notice that guy! :D I saw that Candid Camera version of "Finding the real Densha Otoko" also. there were very few guys willing to stick up for that cute gal. :x if only I knew what they were saying on that show though! no subs. :-(

User avatar
kinki
Posts: 213
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 13:21

Post by kinki » Sep 30th, '05, 18:38

i thought maybe that otaku who appeared in Densha otoko invistigation show ( which was shot after showing 3 ep of densha otoko on tv), got hired to show up in ep 10. since they shot that episode later on.

hehe, yeah im always alert for such things when i watch movies of dramas! its not that im bored it just happened :P
People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that your'e doing now.
1リットルの涙 / Ichi Rittoru no Namida

User avatar
Close2you
Posts: 17
Joined: Oct 1st, '05, 18:14
Location: Galloway, NJ

Post by Close2you » Oct 1st, '05, 18:59

Does anybody know where I can download the movie? :unsure:

User avatar
johnjeon
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 15th, '04, 18:23
Location: NJ

Post by johnjeon » Oct 4th, '05, 18:08

I guess I'm in a very small minority on Densha Otoko. I do recommend it but with
definite reservations. I thought it would have made a good 6 episode series, 11 was
too much. I very quickly got very tired of Yamada's stammering and crying. In a story like this you want to root for the two people to get together in the end but I kept hoping Hermes would wise up and try to find someone with a social maturity past a 3rd grade level.

Ok, I'm sounding a bit more negative than I really am and there was enough humor (loved the bit with the sister getting rid of the towel) and sweetness to keep me watching and maybe if I hadn't watched the whole thing in a couple days instead of, say, one episode a day, Yamada's behavior wouldn't have gotten to me so much.

User avatar
doink-chan
Posts: 249
Joined: May 17th, '05, 22:21
Location: The happy land of doinks
Contact:
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 4th, '05, 19:52

Hehe, when doinkies watched the first episode, I thought that Tsuyoshi was a doink too but he does become less shy and less stammery and easier to root for, I think. (Just look at the end of episode 8!!)

But I still think that drama!Densha is doinkloads better than the one in the manga by Watanabe Wataru. In that one he yells at people and yells at clerks when they don't have the stuff he wanted. He's also very conceited and thinks he's the best ever. At least Tsuyoshi is NICE! I can't picture ANYONE falling in love with Watanabe!manga!Densha!
Image

taro
Posts: 107
Joined: Aug 1st, '05, 23:20
Location: Hawaii

Post by taro » Oct 5th, '05, 02:05

I actually thought the exact same thing for the first one. Even the way he was bothering Jinkama was kinda similar.
Jinkama was the best! The scene when Densha was trying to compliment her, that had me in stitches!
I didn't notice that second one.
kinki wrote:while watching Densha Otoko, some interesting things appeared. :roll

look at these photos. 8)

what do you think?

Rusef
Posts: 17
Joined: Aug 8th, '05, 22:42
Location: Germany

Post by Rusef » Oct 5th, '05, 03:13

dunno if someone already posted that but...

http://kumasan.free.fr/Daicon4.zip

the influence of mina :o

User avatar
~Adam~
Posts: 63
Joined: Sep 11th, '05, 18:39
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 5th, '05, 03:43

That is a actual anime series?

User avatar
spacecommand
Posts: 176
Joined: Jun 3rd, '05, 04:02

Post by spacecommand » Oct 5th, '05, 03:51

SPOILERS and observations.

Anyone else bugged by some plot holes in this final episode for example Densha has to leave the forum because he now has a relationship, which doesn't make sense much, because he can still stay as a contributer telling others about his experiences, for example you have those two computer programmer couple, and that husband/wife and that other girlfriend and boyfriend (the guy with the beard) who contribute to the board and they haven't left to another board. Also that train conductor has a kid, but he never once mentions that he was married or whatever happened to the mother, though theory the kid could be adopted, but I doubt so, so assuming he is married or was married, he never gave advice about his wife. LOL ok i'm just looking into it TOO much.

It was a great show anycase.


Also remember in one of the earlier episodes there was a guy who was living in his car and contributing on his computer to Densha, then he leaves his car. I don't think I saw him in any other episodes or the final? Maybe I missed it.

User avatar
Lowest
Posts: 372
Joined: May 22nd, '05, 13:41

Post by Lowest » Oct 5th, '05, 03:59

--->
The car guy wasn't in any other episode.. he served his purpose (you know who he was right? ..Hermes' ex)
And Densha left the thread he made because it was about him and Hermes so it went off topic after he finally got her...so he could go to the other forum for advice on his relationship (which he doesn't need) or stay and help others.. but I don't think Densha's really the type to give advice :P


fearspooky
Posts: 37
Joined: Jul 12th, '05, 17:09
Location: tokyo, japan

Post by fearspooky » Oct 5th, '05, 06:18

Close2you wrote:Does anybody know where I can download the movie? :unsure:
i do, but im not sure if im allowed to post link here.

User avatar
~Adam~
Posts: 63
Joined: Sep 11th, '05, 18:39
Location: Worcester, MA

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 5th, '05, 16:27

Okay so, what was that special that was suppose to air of 10/06/05 ?? Was it allready posted??

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2001
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Oct 5th, '05, 16:50

fearspooky wrote:
Close2you wrote:Does anybody know where I can download the movie? :unsure:
i do, but im not sure if im allowed to post link here.
No direct movie links on the forum, please.
The Links of Interest Thread has some resources as to where to find movies though. I'm pretty sure I saw it at FSC...
Good luck!

fearspooky
Posts: 37
Joined: Jul 12th, '05, 17:09
Location: tokyo, japan

Post by fearspooky » Oct 5th, '05, 21:56

mizune wrote:
fearspooky wrote:
Close2you wrote:Does anybody know where I can download the movie? :unsure:
i do, but im not sure if im allowed to post link here.
No direct movie links on the forum, please.
The Links of Interest Thread has some resources as to where to find movies though. I'm pretty sure I saw it at FSC...
Good luck!
yea.. thats wat i was thinking. regular people like us cant use FSC.. unless we get a code. does anybody happen to have it? i want to see if they have the NANA movie.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '05, 22:19

dochira wrote:Are you kidding me? We are all otakus. Look, we are sitting around our computers on a forum. :D
LOL that actually make sense somehow. although i wouldn't say all of us are otakus or those forum comment posters. although first watching this movie, i first felt sad for how Densha is being an okatu and glad how Hermes wasn't prejudiced toward the otaku people. Watching this kind melodrama cheers me up in life and sadens me too. it's always interesting and adventurous at the beginning and heart breaking at the end. but what can i say... but Itoh Misaki is very pretty in a way. not physically speaking, but more of a inner beauty. :wub:

btw i noticed Densha and Hermes's last name is same
Itoh Misaki
Itoh Atsushi

does that mean they are related somehow? since that's their last name right? although it wouldn't be true since the interview contradicts my proposal. so would any of you guys clear that up ? thanks :D

User avatar
doink-chan
Posts: 249
Joined: May 17th, '05, 22:21
Location: The happy land of doinks
Contact:
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 5th, '05, 22:43

No, Itou Atsushi and Itou Misaki are not related. Their family name, Itou, is spelled differently in each name. Atsushi spells it 伊藤 and Misaki spells it 伊東.
Image

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '05, 22:48

doink-chan wrote:No, Itou Atsushi and Itou Misaki are not related. Their family name, Itou, is spelled differently in each name. Atsushi spells it 伊藤 and Misaki spells it 伊東.
thanks for taking ur time to explain it. I am actually ashamed since I am chinese and I didn't have any knowledge of japanese language. lol maybe i wasn't exposed to foreign culture early enough.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 6th, '05, 01:44

I am really hating my self for finishing Densha Otoko in two days. it saddens me too much. does any1 know if there is any other drama series which is similar with this?

dnagashima
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 7th, '05, 19:48

Can't wait for Densha Otoko's Special Another Story...

Post by dnagashima » Oct 6th, '05, 04:52

Hey guys,
Is it just me or is everyone waiting for our god or goddess to post Densha Otoko ~Another Story~?

I can't wait :wub:

skyngu
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 10th, '05, 23:34

Post by skyngu » Oct 6th, '05, 04:54

I can wait.

User avatar
Versalius
Posts: 58
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 15:14

Post by Versalius » Oct 6th, '05, 05:00

Wish it'll b out a.s.a.p :D ...but i wish even more that Densha Otoko didn't have to end so quickly! But i quess they can't really drag it on coz it will b boring? :wub:

chilo
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 27th, '05, 10:56

Post by chilo » Oct 6th, '05, 05:19

Densha Otoko was an amazing show, all the cast members were incredible, but am i the only one that thinks Densha's boss in his work place was really funny? from the way he talked, to the day and night attitude he had for Densha and okitta. he seems to be the most underrated character on the show because no one says anything about him. so this is me finally giving him the props he deserves.

User avatar
Rhocake
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 13th, '05, 18:43
Location: Chicago

Post by Rhocake » Oct 6th, '05, 05:19

I hope the writers put careful thought into the story and not release a sequel just to have a sequel ya know
Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobun da ze!!!!!!!

Image

User avatar
Wut
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr 14th, '05, 07:22
Location: Thailand

Post by Wut » Oct 6th, '05, 05:37

i also wait for it , and also the sub for it coz i don't know any japanese word :cry:

anyways, i really really want to watch the next season for Densha Otoko but i believe that there won't do it (or at least in recently).

so let's waiting for Hermes's next series :wub:

User avatar
ShadowVlican
Posts: 27
Joined: Sep 29th, '05, 00:10
Location: Toronto CANADA

Post by ShadowVlican » Oct 6th, '05, 05:45

i can't wait ><

User avatar
tinlunlau
Posts: 20
Joined: Oct 6th, '05, 09:14
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by tinlunlau » Oct 6th, '05, 09:18

it's october 6th....has the special aired yet?
and will the train man and Hermes appear?

User avatar
Wut
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr 14th, '05, 07:22
Location: Thailand

Post by Wut » Oct 6th, '05, 12:54

tinlunlau wrote:it's october 6th....has the special aired yet?
and will the train man and Hermes appear?
i really want to see Densha Otoko and Hermes in this special, but i think there is only few or none :cry:

User avatar
Wut
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr 14th, '05, 07:22
Location: Thailand

Post by Wut » Oct 6th, '05, 12:56

pwner4once wrote:I am really hating my self for finishing Densha Otoko in two days. it saddens me too much. does any1 know if there is any other drama series which is similar with this?
i would recomment the series "You're Under Arrest" and "Tiger & Dragon" to you.

coz the way Hermes in these series was help me to recover addicted to her :wub:

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 6th, '05, 13:11

Wut wrote:
pwner4once wrote:I am really hating my self for finishing Densha Otoko in two days. it saddens me too much. does any1 know if there is any other drama series which is similar with this?
i would recomment the series "You're Under Arrest" and "Tiger & Dragon" to you.

coz the way Hermes in these series was help me to recover addicted to her :wub:
LOL i actually feel the same way about her too... I don't know why I got hooked so much .. but i think it's how she looks at Densha whenever he's trying to say something. Just pure staring, or more like adorable looking :wub: without saying anything or showing annoyance. reminds me of this girl in junior high... in reality, i would hope that's the way she is. but she's more likely going to have another personality since acting is all about altering ur personality and have a new you with the same physical part. I had experience from watching Koi Ni Ochitara, in that show Kusanagi Tsuyoshi represented himself as a person without an ambition to get rich and etc. so i thought in real life, he might be one who doesn't talk much but still can do a bit of good acting. well yesterday i was watching the interview for Densha Otoko and guess who's the show's speak person? Kusanagi Tsuyoshi!!!!! OMG i went like O.O WTF? :cry: Then i kinda become envious of him :glare:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 858
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Oct 6th, '05, 13:22

I'm still waiting for the Extension and it's killing me!! Damn it, from all dramas I've watch, I gotta say that this one is by far the best!!! What a great love story!!

User avatar
tinlunlau
Posts: 20
Joined: Oct 6th, '05, 09:14
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by tinlunlau » Oct 6th, '05, 21:33

i haven't watched any japanese dramas for a long time and glad that i've encountered this series. great show! and a great way for getting more foreign audiences into j-doramas. a show like this is just begging for a sequel. were there any more posts by the real Densha Otoko? i dunno...possibly asking for advice on how to maintain a relationship?

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 6th, '05, 23:42

tinlunlau wrote:i haven't watched any japanese dramas for a long time and glad that i've encountered this series. great show! and a great way for getting more foreign audiences into j-doramas. a show like this is just begging for a sequel. were there any more posts by the real Densha Otoko? i dunno...possibly asking for advice on how to maintain a relationship?
wat you mean by "were there any more posts by the real Densha Otoko?"?? if you are speaking beyong or after eps. 11, then i wouldn't think so. because it's around eps. 7 when i start having hte notion that he should keep things to himself more and start living in reality and making choices himself. although i am not sure if im asking too much from him since he's still an otaku :cry:

User avatar
Versalius
Posts: 58
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 15:14

Post by Versalius » Oct 7th, '05, 03:59

Forumers, any reason y izit that actresses such as Itoh Misaki have two names?? I searched up bout densha otoko's lead actress n found that she has two names :cry: :blink :

Name: 伊東美咲 / Itoh Misaki
Real Name: 安斉智子 / Anzai Tomoko

Y izit like dat?? :unsure: Anywayz don't both names sound just fine??

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 858
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Oct 7th, '05, 10:57

Just like western actors, they changed their name to a fictious one that suits them. Like Marylin Monroe's real name is Norma Jean Baker.

To answer your second question, yup for me both names sound fine!! I like Misaki Itoh sooo much!! :wub: :heart:
Last edited by Xi@h on Oct 7th, '05, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Versalius
Posts: 58
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 15:14

Post by Versalius » Oct 7th, '05, 11:19

Hhhyuuu~~~~. Is D -addicts gonna follow up with Itoh's new drama called dangerous beauty/sister?Not really sure bout the name though. It seems that it has just started airing/ going to show after densha ends.

User avatar
yt_toshi
Posts: 504
Joined: Jan 21st, '05, 21:51
Location: Land of the Bunchies
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 7th, '05, 11:24

Versalius wrote:Hhhyuuu~~~~. Is D -addicts gonna follow up with Itoh's new drama called dangerous beauty/sister?Not really sure bout the name though. It seems that it has just started airing/ going to show after densha ends.
Of course :-)
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 858
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Oct 7th, '05, 11:31

Itoh Misaki roooocks!! When will it be aired? I do hope that d-addicts forumers will be quick! Arigatou

User avatar
Versalius
Posts: 58
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 15:14

Post by Versalius » Oct 7th, '05, 11:31

wohoooo. Another j drama to follow with itoh in!

User avatar
yt_toshi
Posts: 504
Joined: Jan 21st, '05, 21:51
Location: Land of the Bunchies
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 7th, '05, 11:34

Jeremiah wrote:Itoh Misaki roooocks!! When will it be aired? I do hope that d-addicts forumers will be quick! Arigatou
It should air on 10/17, but it may take a day or two for the uploaders to get the file here on D-Addicts.
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 858
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Oct 7th, '05, 11:37

Thanks for the information yk_toshi! So it'll be 13 days from now. Can't wait for it though lol

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 7th, '05, 13:39

Versalius wrote:Forumers, any reason y izit that actresses such as Itoh Misaki have two names?? I searched up bout densha otoko's lead actress n found that she has two names :cry: :blink :

Name: 伊東美咲 / Itoh Misaki
Real Name: 安斉智子 / Anzai Tomoko

Y izit like dat?? :unsure: Anywayz don't both names sound just fine??
It's very good to know that she has a "secondary" name aside from her real name. It seems more and clearer to me that Japanese language is just a mixture of West language like English and etc. with chinese. sometimes when they say cheeries, it sounds the same as how you would say it in chinese. But man... I just don't understand why i can't stop thinking about Itoh Misaki. Is it just the way she smiles? :wub:

User avatar
Versalius
Posts: 58
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 15:14

Post by Versalius » Oct 7th, '05, 15:01

YEa...Most probably...Coz she looks real great when she smiles or erm erm i dunno .She just looks good!

<3Hermes
Posts: 18
Joined: Oct 8th, '05, 03:38
Location: Canada

Post by <3Hermes » Oct 8th, '05, 04:01

I'm sure this is somewhere posted on this thread but I don't want to look through 45 pages to find out.
How tall is Yamada and Saori?

User avatar
cmge
Posts: 59
Joined: Aug 23rd, '05, 20:22
Location: Ottawa

Post by cmge » Oct 8th, '05, 04:15

Versalius wrote:Hhhyuuu~~~~. Is D -addicts gonna follow up with Itoh's new drama called dangerous beauty/sister?Not really sure bout the name though. It seems that it has just started airing/ going to show after densha ends.
SWEEET... :D .. thast xcellent news... cant wait to c it... Itoh Misak is soo lovely...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests