7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
2%

Total votes: 645

JewpinTheThird

Post by JewpinTheThird » Sep 2nd, '05, 04:44

I tried working that whole "Clubbox" thing...but do to my lack of knowledge of the Korean language, I failed miserably. I managed to get it running, but when I was asked to log in...well, since I'm not registered...

So I gave up.

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 2nd, '05, 17:18

i just finished watching ep 9 raw. so i culdnt understand all the conversations. i have a question, during the show in 34:57 the funny couple added an entry #788. the woman said something which made everyone disappointed/shocked? what was it? i couldnt understand what she wrote....:(
People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that your'e doing now.
1リットルの涙 / Ichi Rittoru no Namida

jamesieee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jamesieee » Sep 2nd, '05, 18:02

"but if this forum's receiving so much attention, maybe one day 'hermes' will find out about it."

i cant decide whether it's wrong for densha to post everything on the forum. it's kind of like confiding in a group of good friends, except in his case other people can read it too. i mean, people get advice from various people all the time, but it seems so much worse in this case. kinda like the movie "hitch". any input on this?

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » Sep 2nd, '05, 20:19

drewnamis wrote:
KameSan wrote:
doink-chan wrote:
Um, but it's true. The word otaku does literally mean "your house". And it did come from that word. In fact doinkies sometimes still hears "otaku" used to mean "your house".
Yes, I am well aware of that use of the word. All I'm saying is that the two words aren't actually related.
the two words are etymologically related and actually the same. BUT the term Otaku as used in Densha Otoko is slang, and nowadays is spelt in Katakana instead of hiragana/kanji to differentiate.
drewnamis and doink are right. It's the same kanji. These days, though, it's usually written in katakana.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 2nd, '05, 21:06

Unless you use it to mean "your house", and in that case you spell it お宅.

But yeah, for the "geek/nerd/dork" definition you would write it オタク or ヲタク (the latter spelling is what's used most often on Densha Otoko, I guess it's a 2ch spelling only)

kaosrave

Post by kaosrave » Sep 2nd, '05, 21:13

Guys go check out my clubbox soon, uploading the Densha Otoko Movie!!
http://clubbox.co.kr/kaosrave 69 Sixty Nine Movie and densha otko movie uploading

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 3rd, '05, 02:09

Just watched 8 (I'm so slooow I know), was laughing so much 3 minutes into it, I love the darth vader music when Shiraishi Miho appears and the impression of Densha :D

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Sep 3rd, '05, 03:50

think i'll wait for another 2 weeks when 11 eps aired and translated... waiting for a cliffhanger isn't a pleasant experience.. hehehehe... :D

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Sep 3rd, '05, 05:21

Okay, something I've become a little confused about. Maybe it's because I don't know as much about Japanese culture as I would like to think, or maybe it's because I suck with anything to do with relationships.

Anyway, the question is also an episode 9 spoiler, so here: (highlight to read)

Densha and Hermes are now holding hands wherever they go. To me, this is something only a couple would do. Even if a guy and a girl are really close friends, surely holding hands means something much more than that?

But at the same time, As far as I have seen Densha hasn't confessed to her yet, despite all the tension. So they aren't actually 'going out' are they? Did I miss something? How could they be holding hands if they are just good friends?
Image - Image
Visit my fansite ~ Sign the fanlist: http://www.satomi.r8.org/ ---(Now translating Satomi's online diary)---

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Sep 3rd, '05, 06:18

spoiler answer:

you're right, they're in between. but even hermes' mom knows that she 'chose' him. ultimately it's that gray area where the relationship hasn't been strictly defined. I'm sure many of us have been in this situation, can't say it's the best of feelings.

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Sep 3rd, '05, 06:27

drewnamis wrote:spoiler answer:

you're right, they're in between. but even hermes' mom knows that she 'chose' him. ultimately it's that gray area where the relationship hasn't been strictly defined. I'm sure many of us have been in this situation, can't say it's the best of feelings.
Continuing spoiler conversation:

Okay, thanks for that, I know what you are reffering to now. Yeah, that line from her mum; "I know why you picked him now", then Saori didn't respond with anything like "What do you mean??", she just accepted it. So that got me thinking even more.
Image - Image
Visit my fansite ~ Sign the fanlist: http://www.satomi.r8.org/ ---(Now translating Satomi's online diary)---

ayahirayama

Post by ayahirayama » Sep 3rd, '05, 06:58

hi, does anyone know if there are subs availible for the Densha Otoko Movie? or if they are being done? Thanks

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Sep 3rd, '05, 12:23

I just finished watching the movie, and I have got to say that the series is many many times better. Sure, I noticed pro's aswell as con's in the movie, but far more con's...

This summarises my opinion reeally: (spoilers, highlight to read)

Densha was NOWHERE near nerdy enough. When I first saw him, I thaught he had an awesome haircut :P Anyway, after he went and got some decent clothes and stuff, he become FAR too attractive. The result is I felt no pity for him, and didn't care what happened. I was sort of like "Someone like you could have any girl you want" :P

Hermes wasn't attractive enough. Sorry is this makes me sound shallow, but in the series she is made to look SO attractive you sort of idolise her and you can feel Densha's joy.

I loved the fact that Shiraishi Miho (Jinkama in the series) was in it. It was amuising seeing her act so polite after I had become accustomed to the Jinkama character.

Similarly, I picked up straight away that Yamada Takayuki (playing the main role is this movie) also played a minor role as the "cool salaryman" at the beggining of the series. That was cute, kind of 'passing the torch' from the movie to the series.

PS: Thankyou SO MUCH kaosrave for uploading this movie to your clubbox account!! :lol
Image - Image

kawaii-desu

Post by kawaii-desu » Sep 3rd, '05, 13:48

hehe just wonder doese any 1 kno what da real densha and Hermes
look liek i mean this is off a true story so any 1 got a pic or somesort of da real densha and Hermes??

:D:D

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 3rd, '05, 16:39

Nobody's found the real Densha and Hermes (I think they'd rather keep their real identity a secret), so no pictures of them are around..

junpei

Post by junpei » Sep 3rd, '05, 16:56

does anyone know the model of yamada's phone, i think its a really cool phone :D

is it possible to import a japanese phone and use a local sim card (uk in my case?)

anyway, im d/l episode as we speak :D
the series is my first Jdrama, and im enjoying VERY MUCH

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Sep 3rd, '05, 21:12

junpei wrote:does anyone know the model of yamada's phone, i think its a really cool phone :D

is it possible to import a japanese phone and use a local sim card (uk in my case?)

anyway, im d/l episode as we speak :D
the series is my first Jdrama, and im enjoying VERY MUCH
no, 99% of Japanese phones don't work on foreign SIMs nor do they work on GSM band.

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Sep 4th, '05, 00:52

Rice wrote:
drewnamis wrote:
key largo wrote:Apparently you can buy the little figure now. Considering that all anime characters are made up for one show or another, this one isn't really any different, but it's better to think of it more as the mascot.

The only possible reason I could think that it would need carrots up it's arse would be so that the millions of Otaku could gaze in awe of it's cuteness and creativeness....

... oh... and so it can fly. Flight is quality.
http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/news/index_news46.html?you can buy it for JPY8800. The carrots are rockets and she is an android.

http://wwwc.fujitv.co.jp/denshaotoko/ah ... index.html is the fuki website for teh "back" story of densha otoko, which has the Mina anime storyline on it.
JPY8800 = 80 US dollar, that's so damn expensive for a toy, it's not easy being an otaku :sweat: . My family and friends will make fun of or even ridicule me if I buy one :sweat: . Is there any US website selling that figure? :mrgreen:
sorry to burst your bubble... that page says the figure was limited editiion and was only sold at comike on the 12th-14th and wonderfestival on the 21st....... 99% of us wouldn't have made it there for the stampede anyway... so we're all SOL

they now fetch for 600-800 bucks on yahoo
damn limited edition crap! :cussing:

normally I could care less for action figures, but this one just has that "magic"
now only if they make a "watered down" version for the masses........

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 4th, '05, 01:54

Just watched 9.. is anyone else missing the broken computer guy? lol he hasn't been giving any advice for like 3 episodes :( he rules

also, 24 seconds in to the episode, that guy with the school girl uniform.. doesn't he look almost exactly like the guy from the densha quiz show :O

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Sep 4th, '05, 01:56

Densha Otoko is the first jdrama I've watched. It's automatically become my favorite show. It's hilarious, heart-warming, and what's really cool is that it gets me really pumped up when everyone is cheering Yamada on while he's calling Hermes on the phone. I'm on episode 3 now.

In my opinion, I think it's better that they keep their identies a secret. It's one thing that makes the series interesting.

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Sep 4th, '05, 03:41

eh.. no densha next week? apparently next air date is the 15th. is that true?

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 4th, '05, 03:56

Yes, it has been delayed because of a judo tournament...

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 4th, '05, 04:48

i just started watching it and OMG!!! I want more!!! but then only 2 more eps left... =(

cmge

Post by cmge » Sep 4th, '05, 04:54

Lowest wrote:Just watched 9.. is anyone else missing the broken computer guy? lol he hasn't been giving any advice for like 3 episodes :( he rules
yeah i really hope he comes back next ep and give a really good advice to Yamada..

junpei

Post by junpei » Sep 4th, '05, 05:12

TheMAN wrote:
Rice wrote:
drewnamis wrote:
http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/news/index_news46.html?you can buy it for JPY8800. The carrots are rockets and she is an android.

http://wwwc.fujitv.co.jp/denshaotoko/ah ... index.html is the fuki website for teh "back" story of densha otoko, which has the Mina anime storyline on it.
JPY8800 = 80 US dollar, that's so damn expensive for a toy, it's not easy being an otaku :sweat: . My family and friends will make fun of or even ridicule me if I buy one :sweat: . Is there any US website selling that figure? :mrgreen:
sorry to burst your bubble... that page says the figure was limited editiion and was only sold at comike on the 12th-14th and wonderfestival on the 21st....... 99% of us wouldn't have made it there for the stampede anyway... so we're all SOL

they now fetch for 600-800 bucks on yahoo
damn limited edition crap! :cussing:

normally I could care less for action figures, but this one just has that "magic"

now only if they make a "watered down" version for the masses........
tis a pretty cool model i must admit, but im alredy forking out £400 for my d/f christmas present ... damn dollfies are expensive XD

he sure does have some sweet gundams though

ymc

Post by ymc » Sep 4th, '05, 07:36

[DS]DragonSlayerz wrote:i just started watching it and OMG!!! I want more!!! but then only 2 more eps left... =(
If I am not mistaken, the episode on Sept 15 will be the final one... Looks like there are only 10 episodes like Gokusen 2. =(

PaV

Post by PaV » Sep 4th, '05, 12:16

warning spoiler for 9th ep!

i dont recall that Ha~Ha~ (or sth like that incident). could somebody remind me what was that about. thanks!

KameSan

Post by KameSan » Sep 4th, '05, 12:19

PaV wrote:warning spoiler for 9th ep!

i dont recall that Ha~Ha~ (or sth like that incident). could somebody remind me what was that about. thanks!
Ermm... what 'incident' are you reffering to?
Image - Image

PaV

Post by PaV » Sep 4th, '05, 12:51

KameSan wrote:
PaV wrote:warning spoiler for 9th ep!

Ermm... what 'incident' are you reffering to?

ep9, 00:35:45 "Densha, your "Haa~ Haa~" will also be known!"
ep9, 00:44:31 - [Haa~ Haa~]

im not sure what it was, i just cant recall what was that about...

Xander_Kross

Post by Xander_Kross » Sep 4th, '05, 13:36

Densha's Phone is the WIN W31SA. I know because I have the same phone from AU in red. I got it free when I signed up with them in Akihabara :D It is a great phone...one of the few offered that you can switch it to English.

I am not sure if the episode in 2 weeks is the final one, but it definately isn't on this Thursday, I just checked my channel guide.

I hope there are two more episodes before the end, I do not see anyway this is going to be "happily" resolved in 46 minutes.

I also agree with the opinion that Yamada in the movie was no where geeky enough. As soon as he cleaned up he got attention and even his co-workers started to notice him. The drama's Yamada is much easier to root for...not that movie Prettyboy 8)
Last edited by Xander_Kross on Sep 4th, '05, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 4th, '05, 13:37

Could it be this? (this is from densha-loverssubs)
00:35:44,250 --> 00:35:47,660
Densha, she's going to find out about you getting excited over her picture.
00:44:32,007 --> 00:44:34,167
"Oh, yes! Oh! Oh!"

PaV

Post by PaV » Sep 4th, '05, 14:03

Lowest wrote:Could it be this? (this is from densha-loverssubs)
"Oh, yes! Oh! Oh!"
ah, now it makes sense. thanks!

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 4th, '05, 14:11

PaV wrote:
Lowest wrote:Could it be this? (this is from densha-loverssubs)
"Oh, yes! Oh! Oh!"
ah, now it makes sense. thanks!
this happened when Aoyama-san sent her picture in Pajama to Densha, he started to get excited and wrote "Oh yeas! ah ah" it was kinda funny when one of the otaku in the forum got angry and jealous!

LeXz

Re: [Discussion] Densha Otoko

Post by LeXz » Sep 4th, '05, 14:47

wachi wrote:I never would have thought I end up liking this drama so much. It's amazing how many bad things can happen to you in just one day.. I wonder if they made that up, or is that for real? Since it was based on a true story.. maybe a bit exaggerated?

Has anyone seen the movie?
I think I'm going to read the manga.

*poll added by xiaryx.
Ohh trust me many bad thing happened to me in just one day. Hell it happen like a week ago too when i was on a road trip. Let just said everything that could goes wrong did went wrong and then some.

shaselai

anyone feel that Sakurai from Densha Otoko is really an @ss?

Post by shaselai » Sep 4th, '05, 15:48

I am not sure if that character existed in the "real story" and how he was but in this he is just being an ass. He doesnt even love Saori for god sakes and whats with him and those lame attacks on Yamada? I thought he was a person with class but apparently not and i hope he will deserve his lonely ending. Saori is a bit slow too- apparently she never wondered why yamada was on her block list -_-.

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 4th, '05, 15:59

yeah i hate him!!!! :glare: gets on my nerve! :x :x

but we cant deny he gives the show some drama flavor!
he made a twist in the story!! besides, his role is funny!
Last edited by kinki on Sep 4th, '05, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

senru711

Post by senru711 » Sep 4th, '05, 16:08

yea he's irritaing but funny at the same time... too bad, i love keisuke (mocomichi) more! :P
Gosh isn't he just so adorable? :wub:

odagiri joe and nakama yukie make a good match! :D

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 4th, '05, 16:32

that guy is bad luck lol

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 4th, '05, 17:03

Kazuya is a big doink. Some of his scenes are funny, though...but yeah, he's a doink.

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 4th, '05, 17:34

gotta love it when he lost the ring and his EVO got stolen :lol

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Sep 4th, '05, 17:49

ymc wrote:
[DS]DragonSlayerz wrote:i just started watching it and OMG!!! I want more!!! but then only 2 more eps left... =(
If I am not mistaken, the episode on Sept 15 will be the final one... Looks like there are only 10 episodes like Gokusen 2. =(
I thought the series went up to episode 11?

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 4th, '05, 19:08

some people says 10 some say 11 some says its a 90min special some say 2eps together = 2hrs

I'm going with the 2 hr ep thingy (it's basically all the same anyway)

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 4th, '05, 19:34

It's still 11 eps. The 11th ep will be 2 hours.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 4th, '05, 20:42

He can be, but that's what makes this drama fun to watch. :lol
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 4th, '05, 20:45

doink-chan wrote:It's still 11 eps. The 11th ep will be 2 hours.
u mean the 10th ep will be 2 hrs which counts for the 11th ep. lol

man... i wish they would make a Densha Otoko 2 or something...

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 4th, '05, 20:53

yep... he add more comedy to the story... especially when he hugs the wall or his car and stuff.. that's just hilarious!!!

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 4th, '05, 22:14

I like him. I think he's funny sometimes... especially that scene where he was going to show Saori the Aladdin web, and the girls said only losers go there and he closed the laptop & walked away. :D
Wonder if he ever report his car stolen? That scene was funny as well. He has cool remote cars.

TheMAN

Post by TheMAN » Sep 4th, '05, 23:43

[DS]DragonSlayerz wrote:gotta love it when he lost the ring and his EVO got stolen :lol
you mean when he made the ring fly off the cliff? :P

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 5th, '05, 00:37

TheMAN wrote:
[DS]DragonSlayerz wrote:gotta love it when he lost the ring and his EVO got stolen :lol
you mean when he made the ring fly off the cliff? :P
yeah... that's some funny stuff!

ymc

Post by ymc » Sep 5th, '05, 01:26

Just looked at the official site. It says the episode on Sept 15 is going to be 22:00-22:54. So EP10 is just going to have a normal length. It doesn't say anything about EP11 but now I expect that there will be EP11 because normally the last episode is much longer than normal. :)

senru711

Post by senru711 » Sep 5th, '05, 03:46

nah i don't think so.. coz' i watched the preview for the ep 10 and they said it was the final chapter... so i think total only 10 eps. :-(

oh yea.... losing his ring and his car at the same time. LOL :P
Gosh isn't he just so adorable? :wub:

odagiri joe and nakama yukie make a good match! :D

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 5th, '05, 03:50

whats http://www.densha-otoko.jp about? is it a play or something? because there all completely different characters :unsure:

drewnamis

Post by drewnamis » Sep 5th, '05, 08:21

yep. a play.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Sep 5th, '05, 08:44

LOL Kazuya's one of the main reason's I'm loving this drama as much as I am now. The ring scene was funny as hell... esp how he said everything he had planned on saying... even when things weren't going to plan lmao... funniest chara in the show. and him going to show Saori the BBS.. LOL... he's even participating in Densha's board. I don't think they coulda made a better "villain" for this tv drama series. Fake Tsuyoshi?!?!?! LMAO!!!! hahahahhahaha this dude is killing all the internet geek friends in the comedy dept for this series single handedly

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 5th, '05, 14:28

drewnamis wrote:yep. a play.
And an all-male play, it looks like. One where Hermes is played by a man in drag! :blink

XDXD Too bad it's not a musical...*suddenly laughs*

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Sep 5th, '05, 17:09

Just watched episode 5. I thought it was sweet and hilarious of Densha to buy all those anti-stalker gifts for Hermes but man, he needs to make a move! From the next episode, it looks like something might happen. I'm excited. Off to watch episode 6.

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Sep 5th, '05, 19:30

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry: :cry: .Ok I am going crazy.Right now watchin ep6 and I am on timeframe 40:53.It has been on pause for the last 2 hrs on that particular spot.I have been debating going back and forth between tryin to hit play or not to.I know what is goin to come when I hit play, but it's just driving me crazy.It is tooo early for something like this to happend.If it happened at ep9+ then I wouldn't have mind it, but it's toooo early..aaaaah.

What to do?..Am I mentally/emotionally ready for something like this to happen?..aaaah :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:Part of me is dying with anticipitation to watch on, but the other part of me is holding me back.errrr.. :lol
Back from a long vacation

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Sep 5th, '05, 19:51

^^ Haha, I didnt really check what's supposed to happen in that episode...but I dont remember getting wired up on it...so PLAY IT!!!!! coz there are some major hilarious stuff on the future episodes...
but at the very end of episode 9...Im getting the reaction u have now... :cry: , and like u said, it's about time...

oh! haha, now that im making myself remember...the worst possible scenario that's probably torturing you is...
When Saori caught Densha in full otaku mode

is that it? it's not that bad...I think, I only froze the screen for a couple of minutes and drown my whole face into a pillow...yup..it's not that bad at all... :mrgreen:

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Sep 5th, '05, 19:58

jaycee05 wrote:^^ Haha, I didnt really check what's supposed to happen in that episode...but I dont remember getting wired up on it...so PLAY IT!!!!! coz there are some major hilarious stuff on the future episodes...
but at the very end of episode 9...Im getting the reaction u have now... :cry: , and like u said, it's about time...

oh! haha, now that im making myself remember...the worst possible scenario that's probably torturing you is...
When Saori caught Densha in full otaku mode

is that it? it's not that bad...I think, I only froze the screen for a couple of minutes and drown my whole face into a pillow...yup..it's not that bad at all... :mrgreen:
thank u thank u..you just made my day.Now I feel relieved after what u said.Man, you donn know how light my heart feels right now, it stopped beating like crazy and it's all normal now.Well then off to hit play on the ep..hehe.. :lol :lol :lol

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Sep 5th, '05, 21:42

I just started watching this series yesterday. =) Since school starts tomorrow, I felt the urge to watch as much as I can since I will not have a whole lot of time when school does start. =( ANYWAYS....my thoughts on this drama:

To tell you the truth...my first thoughts were: gee....this reminds me of the people in my school. LOL. ^^;; I go to a magnet/governor's school for science and technology...and most of the people you find there are, let's say, very similar to Yamada/his friends. ROFL. Actually Yamada reminds me of someone who likes my sister. XDD We even have a club in our school called "Otaku Club" and the only thing the people in that club do is watch anime and discuss manga/etc. Kinda interesting if you ask me.

HOWEVER...getting back to the topic here....I'm really enjoying this series, it's funny and serious at the same time. Some of the humor could be a but more tasteful (to my tastes at least ^_~) but I'm pretty satisfied with this drama. =D Now I'm waiting for the next episode to come out! <3

And yes, it's fun to compare the forum in the drama to the forums I visit. ^_~

P.S. I've always thought Yamada's _|```|O thing (however you do it) was hilarious. XDD

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 6th, '05, 01:18

ii thought the end of episode 9 waw the worst!!! i need the next show now. i was like WTF!!!! :cry:

damn you!

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Sep 6th, '05, 02:27

man what a cliff hanger..just saw eps 9... you guys notice the way Hermes tilts her head to the side? It is her signature pose.

tom01

Character Detals RQ

Post by tom01 » Sep 6th, '05, 03:17

Is the character that Yamada has on his phone, in his room and at the UFO catcher real, or made up for the series? This one >
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/awa/dvb/what01.jpg
~tom

blackstarjr

Re: Character Detals RQ

Post by blackstarjr » Sep 6th, '05, 03:26

tom01 wrote:Is the character that Yamada has on his phone, in his room and at the UFO catcher real, or made up for the series? This one >
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/awa/dvb/what01.jpg
~tom
lol, that's Keroro Gunsou.A well known chara in japan (kinda like hello kitty).He has his own tv series/clothes/toys/games/food etc etc, you name it, his face is on it..lol..

rock'et

Post by rock'et » Sep 6th, '05, 03:58

hmm I just get this feeling that the next episode won't be solving anything either but well at least we may got to know what Densha's going to do or something. Well hopefully. :P

tom01

Post by tom01 » Sep 6th, '05, 03:59

Thanks blackstarjr.
I found the home page here http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/keroro/
Regards tom

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Sep 6th, '05, 09:33

rock'et wrote:hmm I just get this feeling that the next episode won't be solving anything either but well at least we may got to know what Densha's going to do or something. Well hopefully. :P
yea me too, but it will lead us to one episode away until the end. (if im right that the drama is only 11 episodes long, which i hope im truly wrong as i want it to be longer!)

kelfon

=)

Post by kelfon » Sep 6th, '05, 09:41

I think its a fun drama to watch. I wish the english subbed versions come out faster, but I know those guys are working at it as fast as they can and I really appreciate it!!!

kinki

Re: =)

Post by kinki » Sep 6th, '05, 19:09

kelfon wrote:I think its a fun drama to watch. I wish the english subbed versions come out faster, but I know those guys are working at it as fast as they can and I really appreciate it!!!
what r u saying?
the sub was very quick! it came out quickly (2 , 4 days after the ep was uploaded)you should thank greyhorse (ep 1 - 8 ) aviness, densha-lover, Sirynx77 and Masakun (ep 9) their subs were faster than any subs in this forum!
they worked really hard to release the subs. and also we shouldnt forget the raw files provider (who uploaded the episode at the same day they are shown in Japan) dont you think this is fast enough??

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 6th, '05, 19:32

I think what kelfon is referring to is the English hardsubbed version, done by Walle's group.
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

taro

Post by taro » Sep 6th, '05, 22:42

LOL, yeah I was just about to jump on that. Densha Otoko is one of the fastest subs i've seen. Any faster, you need someone sitting with you giving audio translation while you watch!
yt_toshi wrote:I think what kelfon is referring to is the English hardsubbed version, done by Walle's group.

mitsubi

Post by mitsubi » Sep 7th, '05, 01:52

I really like this show allot... I have only watched the first 3 hard subbed eps.. I just have dl the raw eps and figure out how to use that soft subbing program...

rock'et

Post by rock'et » Sep 7th, '05, 05:17

The soft sub files is available in "Subtitles" section of the forum, here is the direct link to it, check the first post.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... sc&start=0

then read this on how to use the soft sub, quoted from my post on other thread:
rock'et wrote:
Felguard wrote:ok thanks, if its not too much trouble can some1 also tell me how to work the subtitles with the raw?
If you don't have "direct vobsub" software, then google "direct vobsub" software, download and install it. The subtitle file must be placed in the same folder as the raw video file. Make sure the sub file of that particular episode has the same name as the raw episode. After this the subtitle will automatically load when you play the vid.
If it doesn't, then you must go to the vobsub config menu/properties, click "General" tab, and at "Loading" setting select the option "Load when needed" and tick the "External" checkbox. If you still don't understand take a look at the section highlighted with the red marking in the pic below.

note: this link has a bit more explanation http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_59952.htm

darkflame21

Post by darkflame21 » Sep 7th, '05, 23:29

Hope this doesnt kill anyone, if it hasn't been mentioned already, but there is no Densha Otoko episode this week. Checked my TV guide this morning and there was Judo in Densha's spot so they'll be a wait befire the next episode. Although they are already reashowing it mid-day up to ep 4 today ;p hahaha.
Moved to Japan and I'm working as an English ALT in Junior High Schools in Naka-shi, Just north of Mito-shi in Ibaraki-ken.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Sep 7th, '05, 23:34

On another note about the subs. If you're gonna download a program to watch the raws and subs, get Radlight 4. I found it very simple to use in comparison to Vobsubs. No thinking involved. Just start the episode, pause, go to file and click on upload subs and whala. So simple and saves time.