[Discussion] Marumaru Tsuma

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Marumaru Tsuma

Post by yanie » Jan 16th, '15, 08:13

Script written by Kaseifu no Mita's writer. It has received good response from the audience with 14.4% rating for Ep1, but it has also received some critics that says this drama is too much similar to Kaseifu no Mita. The difference is only: the old one was a housekeeper and this new one is someone's wife.

I personally loved Episode 1. It's true that the story kinda similar to Kaseifu no Mita, but I love it anyway, maybe cause I'm still not bored with Kaseifu type of story. Mysterious and strange woman and no one knows her past but everything she does, she does it perfectly. Shibasaki Kou's character, Hikari, though... unlike Matsushima Nanako's Mita, smiles all the time. A very steady smile, that I'm guessing she might be programmed to smile like that.

I like this kinda eerie character^^ Her husband's family is interesting too and ...realistic, should I say? All three siblings doesn't want to shoulder the burden of nursing their mother, such cruel children. And I like the nephew, but he seems interested in suicide methods. :sweat:

I almost have never watched any drama with Higashiyama Noriyuki in it, but I immediately love his "husband" character in this drama.

I will expect that I might get disappointed when the mysteries are revealed, that's usually what happens when I watch family mystery drama like this. I was disappointed with the last half of Bara no nai Hanaya and disappointed with Kaseifu no Mita's last episode.

But I will enjoy the drama for now^^
Last edited by yanie on Jan 17th, '15, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

pondloso

Re: [Discussion] Marumaru Tsuma

Post by pondloso » Jan 17th, '15, 01:47

well for ep1 this drama really great for me

i love more than Kaseifu no Mita and maybe a lot because in mita it not so much dark or mystery
they still have family have kid that can bright story up in every episode but in Marumaru Tsuma
mystery look really dark and harsh Shibasaki Kou's character look very interesting it star with like a robot
but with story go it show more mystery why she does that and this she really look pitiful and creepy at the same time
she play this roles really good great acting with great script

Really cant wait for next ep first ep start with really intense story and feel this show will never be great ratting likeKaseifu no Mita
because it much darker much intense and very realistic with kind of hash intense story like this it will hard to get high rating but it defiantly
great drama that i never saw in few years if i'm her husband i maybe do like him. :sweat:

tei15

Post by tei15 » Jan 17th, '15, 17:59

Man, I had very high expectations from this drama mainly because Shibasaki Kou is my absolutely favourite actress and I'm really looking forward to every show she appears in. And Maru Mary looked really promising since she has a major lear role in it. I had a ton of fun watching the first episode, I really enjoyed Kou's acting, how she managed to play both this sweet and dedicated yet eerie and mysterious girl. I'm very interested in how the plot will move forward after the twist in the first episode, there seems to be a lot going on in the background of this "family".

So yeah, very enjoyed what I've seen so far, next week can't come quick enough.

simone771

Post by simone771 » Jan 20th, '15, 19:47

I devoutly hope it gets subbed. No one has come forward yet. My Japanese isn't good enough to follow a drama.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Jan 22nd, '15, 19:46

simone771 wrote:I devoutly hope it gets subbed. No one has come forward yet. My Japanese isn't good enough to follow a drama.
I hope it gets subbed too.

Could someone tell me how Renbutsu Misako doing in this drama? Is she even relevant to the plot? I really liked her in "Switching: Goodbye Me" but that was some years ago.

tei15

Post by tei15 » Jan 23rd, '15, 08:38

RetroHelix wrote:
simone771 wrote:I devoutly hope it gets subbed. No one has come forward yet. My Japanese isn't good enough to follow a drama.
I hope it gets subbed too.

Could someone tell me how Renbutsu Misako doing in this drama? Is she even relevant to the plot? I really liked her in "Switching: Goodbye Me" but that was some years ago.
I have a feeling she'll act as Hikari's "rival" of sorts, trying to make Masazumi fall for her, so I think she'll play a fairly major role in the story.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Jan 25th, '15, 18:12

Just watched the first episode. I really like it so far although it feels a bit too unrealistic at times. I just can't image to have a scene as the one were
Hikari is begging to let her mother in law stay at her home
in real life. It's not because of the overacting but the script making such a scene overly dramatic imho.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jan 27th, '15, 20:37

I'm happy to see a good rating for the two first episode :-)
Shibasaki is, as usual, per-fect, but Higashiyama overplay a bit ?
I can't wait the next episode.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Jan 30th, '15, 21:09

Masazumi and Hikari are brother and sister ? This is maybe the secret, and that could explain why she doesn't want to get maried with him and have kids ?
But Masazumi said, his sexuality is good, so i wonder if he's lying?

What do you think ? :study:

ep 3 dropped a bit to 13%

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Feb 4th, '15, 18:26

After episode 3 I must say that the show is not what I was thinking it would be. I expected it to be much darker and not that silly.

PS.
I can't say much about Higashiyama Noriyukis acting since he had to play many unrealistic or comedic scenes but between all the family member he was the worst at convincing me to be a part of a family.
When he was raging in the hospital I had to put off the tv.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 6th, '15, 01:09

yeah, to be honest, I was very disappointed with Ep3. But I will continue watch cos I like Shibasaki and Kuroki Hitomi's characters.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Feb 6th, '15, 16:58

Just finished Ep 4 and i'm completly wrong, this is more darker than i expected
It seems, Hikari murdered someone, i don't know who, but it's related to Masazumi

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Feb 12th, '15, 00:24

after watching epi 4... I just hope
lets not this one be like Kaseifu no Mita... especially when Shibasaki's Hikari admit that she murdered someone, does it a typical murder in the script when she feel guilty when a person dear to her died? Somehow its like Nanako's Mita.

please just not repeat the same story again

ocgoodtimes

Post by ocgoodtimes » Feb 16th, '15, 06:23

Ep5 was pretty heavy, but Hikari pretty much revealed her secret. Assuming that this series will run another 5-6 episodes I wonder how they're going to keep the story line interesting...

Hercule

Post by Hercule » Mar 25th, '15, 17:00

Not sure if i understand the meaning of the ending. Does this series suggest that some people aren't meant to find happiness?

pink-revolution

Post by pink-revolution » Mar 25th, '15, 19:42

Hercule wrote:
Not sure if i understand the meaning of the ending. Does this series suggest that some people aren't meant to find happiness?
Same. I just watched the ending and it was nothing like what I would have expected. Way too depressing imo. Usually there comes a (mostly positive) message with such a series, but this time... what would it be? I wish the ending would have been a little bit more... optimistic.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 27th, '15, 12:57

Disappointed with the whole series, it went downhill and no improvement at all after Episode 3 :-(