D-addicts slow with Jdrama raws recently?

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Romance

D-addicts slow with Jdrama raws recently?

Post by Romance » Oct 29th, '14, 13:30

Ive been a true fan of this site for many years now, it kicks ass. But recently, especially the last seasons raw uploads for japanese dramas are really slow, and for some there are only files with irritating chinese subtitles. I have no right to complaint as all of this is for free, but i just wonder what has happened? It has never been like this before. :unsure:

is there some other site that everyone is using? :cry:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 29th, '14, 13:51

Possible reasons for the reduced jdramas

Uploaders having retired, some of them gryzze, groink, Nanashi No Gonbey.

Other places
furransu who previously posted many jdramas on D-Addicts has his own blog.

Edit
See Links of Interest
Google for it.

* Streaming sites.

Other possible reasons
Many of the dramas today are webrips.

Man arrested for uploading 2600 videos to DailyMotion

Popularity of Korean dramas.
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Oct 29th, '14, 15:03, edited 2 times in total.

cindy25

Post by cindy25 » Oct 29th, '14, 14:31

torrents in general take longer to upload than filehosts, although they will last longer

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Oct 29th, '14, 14:44

@Keiko1981,

I'm shocked to see you breaking the rules....

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_70288.htm

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 29th, '14, 14:50

\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:@Keiko1981,

I'm sorry~! :pray: :mrgreen:
With direct download doesn't it mean links directly to file hosts not actaul sites. But we also have the Links of Interest listing a number of them.

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Oct 29th, '14, 14:57

Keiko1981 wrote:
\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:@Keiko1981,

I'm sorry~! :pray: :mrgreen:
With direct download doesn't it mean links directly to file hosts not actaul sites. But we also have the Links of Interest listing a number of them.
I think you're right.

But I think you need to post the DDL links over there.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_52975.htm

SillyCoCo

Re: D-addicts slow with Jdrama raws recently?

Post by SillyCoCo » Oct 30th, '14, 09:40

Romance wrote:Ive been a true fan of this site for many years now, it kicks ass. But recently, especially the last seasons raw uploads for japanese dramas are really slow, and for some there are only files with irritating chinese subtitles. I have no right to complaint as all of this is for free, but i just wonder what has happened? It has never been like this before. :unsure:

Just my two cents worth.

Put yourself in their shoes. If you were an uploader, I'm sure you expect some appreciation at least right? If you look at how many people actually say thanks? Is there any at all? And what about those who not only don't say thanks but DEMAND for it? [So sickening.]

Is it a wonder more uploaders haven't given up?

Doesn't it make whatever is available more precious and more appreciated? BUT at the same time it's not.

Do you think micehell is not hurt by comments like "irritating chinese subtitles"?

Think about it.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Nov 4th, '14, 11:53

I think the whole site has less activity than few years ago.
The discussions pages on drama are pretty slow too. And even the wiki is not updated as frequently.

So probable people have moved to different places, maybe streaming, who knows... I still like it around and alays search here first for information on dramas.

micehell
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by micehell » Nov 4th, '14, 13:05

I don't care if they find the Chinese/Japanese subtitles irritating. ;) I upload YYeTs stuff 'cause it's a steady source and I've been doing it for a while, but I no longer upload jdrama otherwise unless it's something I personally am interested in. I don't know about the other uploaders, but I got tired of trying to organize everything and make sure things weren't being missed and the like only to have the people you're supposedly doing this for not even bother to respond when you ask for simple input (the straw that broke this camel's back was when I asked people what five summer dramas they absolutely wanted to make sure got uploaded and I got not one single response, but, oh, how they complained when things didn't get uploaded, oi).

Basically, though, I think it's the same situation as with subtitling, in that before people start complaining about how few subtitles there are, they should ask themselves what they've done to contribute to the situation, even with something as relatively simple as organizing/recruiting for a group. So I'd say that if enough people actually want more jdrama on the site, they should ask some of the uploaders where they're finding the raws (I can provide suggestions, though most of what I get are, in fact, web rips, so if someone wants the better quality, they might want to ask some of the others, 'cause I only know one source for those) and become uploaders themselves.

am00339

Post by am00339 » Nov 4th, '14, 14:17

micehell wrote:I don't care if they find the Chinese/Japanese subtitles irritating. ;) I upload YYeTs stuff 'cause it's a steady source and I've been doing it for a while, but I no longer upload jdrama otherwise unless it's something I personally am interested in. I don't know about the other uploaders, but I got tired of trying to organize everything and make sure things weren't being missed and the like only to have the people you're supposedly doing this for not even bother to respond when you ask for simple input (the straw that broke this camel's back was when I asked people what five summer dramas they absolutely wanted to make sure got uploaded and I got not one single response, but, oh, how they complained when things didn't get uploaded, oi).

Basically, though, I think it's the same situation as with subtitling, in that before people start complaining about how few subtitles there are, they should ask themselves what they've done to contribute to the situation, even with something as relatively simple as organizing/recruiting for a group. So I'd say that if enough people actually want more jdrama on the site, they should ask some of the uploaders where they're finding the raws (I can provide suggestions, though most of what I get are, in fact, web rips, so if someone wants the better quality, they might want to ask some of the others, 'cause I only know one source for those) and become uploaders themselves.

I find the chinese/japanese subs really great for learning and practicing japanese/kanji... thanks !

SillyCoCo

Post by SillyCoCo » Nov 4th, '14, 14:21

micehell wrote:I got tired of trying to organize everything and make sure things weren't being missed and the like only to have the people you're supposedly doing this for not even bother to respond when you ask for simple input (the straw that broke this camel's back was when I asked people what five summer dramas they absolutely wanted to make sure got uploaded and I got not one single response, but, oh, how they complained when things didn't get uploaded, oi)

I think some people got used to the many jdrama uploads. So much so they took Jdrama uploaders for granted.

Now it's like they think it's their right to demand for Jdramas. You noticed they don't even bother to say thank you anymore? Idiots!!

So maybe a drought of jdramas will maybe slap some sense into these ppl. :cussing: (Or maybe not) :nuts:
voldemort wrote:I think the whole site has less activity than few years ago.
The discussions pages on drama are pretty slow too. And even the wiki is not updated as frequently.

So probably people have moved to different places, maybe streaming, who knows... I still like it around and alays search here first for information on dramas.
I totally agree. And yes things have changed, DDL's are more common now and of course streaming will not impact your hdd space as much. :mrgreen:

akari1507

Post by akari1507 » Nov 4th, '14, 14:44

micehell wrote:I don't care if they find the Chinese/Japanese subtitles irritating. ;) I upload YYeTs stuff 'cause it's a steady source and I've been doing it for a while, but I no longer upload jdrama otherwise unless it's something I personally am interested in. I don't know about the other uploaders, but I got tired of trying to organize everything and make sure things weren't being missed and the like only to have the people you're supposedly doing this for not even bother to respond when you ask for simple input (the straw that broke this camel's back was when I asked people what five summer dramas they absolutely wanted to make sure got uploaded and I got not one single response, but, oh, how they complained when things didn't get uploaded, oi).

I have raws in 720P for some dramas but by the time I have it sorted out and uploaded on my personal LiveJournal account, the subtitles are pretty much done for the series and no one is interested in timing the subtitles to the file I have. Kindaichi Neo is pretty much an example. I only managed to cut out all the CM and convert it to MP4 after so much effort and only some people bothered to said thanks but none bothered to help in timing the subtitles although I have already gotten permission from the original subber. I would like to time the subtitles myself and use it for my own usage but unfortunately, I do not know much about timing of the subtitles. I won't mind uploading the raw files for the few dramas that I have but problem is, I don't want to risk not being able to watch the drama because the timing of the subtitles won't match. The files are often too big for me to keep on my hard disk.

junpeilover1

Post by junpeilover1 » Nov 4th, '14, 15:42

Actually i can find rAw at some streaming site i try to upload but cant upload
And rather than raw i m more concern on eng subs are really slow
So much slower than kdrama
i think because of this mnt
ll rAther watch kdramas
i used to be kdramas fan but get tired of similar chAracters planning whereby all male characters are cool and difficult to get along and girls are silly n stupid n kind ...
too typical ....

So switch to jdramas as more variety of storyline and character planning .
popular dramas dont mean all good
n unpopular dramas also dont mean are all bad
If i can understand japanese i really want try subbing some good dramas

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Nov 4th, '14, 15:51

akari1507 wrote:... I would like to time the subtitles myself and use it for my own usage but unfortunately, I do not know much about timing of the subtitles. I won't mind uploading the raw files for the few dramas that I have but problem is, I don't want to risk not being able to watch the drama because the timing of the subtitles won't match...
Hi, if I may say, you can use Aegisubs and here is the documentation about how to work on timing from audio
and some guidelines from Keiko1981's sites :D
I admit working on timing is tenacious and meticulous things to do, but as long as there're few people say thank you, it gives some fresh motivation (for me) :P

akari1507

Post by akari1507 » Nov 4th, '14, 15:59

zenith777 wrote:
akari1507 wrote:... I would like to time the subtitles myself and use it for my own usage but unfortunately, I do not know much about timing of the subtitles. I won't mind uploading the raw files for the few dramas that I have but problem is, I don't want to risk not being able to watch the drama because the timing of the subtitles won't match...
Hi, if I may say, you can use Aegisubs and here is the documentation about how to work on timing from audio
and some guidelines from Keiko1981's sites :D
I admit working on timing is tenacious and meticulous things to do, but as long as there're few people say thank you, it gives some fresh motivation (for me) :P
It looks really troublesome... I really appreciate all the subbers that did everything by themselves. I'll give it another try since I did try to retime the subtitles for Kindaichi Neo but everything just got messed up.

h1pp0

Post by h1pp0 » Nov 4th, '14, 16:28

One of the worst aspects of sharing anything with people is the belief they are entitled to get everything for free. They just come in and complain without the realization that it does nothing but aggitate the file sharers. The best thing to do is ignore these "trolls". I find that automating the acquisition and uploading process as much as possible is the best way about it and don't bother reading the comments.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Nov 4th, '14, 17:27

akari1507 wrote:It looks really troublesome... I really appreciate all the subbers that did everything by themselves. I'll give it another try since I did try to retime the subtitles for Kindaichi Neo but everything just got messed up.
It's not that complex actually. Import video file and import audio from video then you only need to take attention on "Audio Display" (see the start and end time) and "Button No.4" (Play currently selected brackets) according to the link I gave earlier, I usually ignore the rest buttons :P

junpeilover1

Post by junpeilover1 » Nov 4th, '14, 17:36

Actually if you can read chinese can translate from chinese to english but timing s the most difficult part

akari1507

Post by akari1507 » Nov 5th, '14, 04:25

zenith777 wrote:
akari1507 wrote:It looks really troublesome... I really appreciate all the subbers that did everything by themselves. I'll give it another try since I did try to retime the subtitles for Kindaichi Neo but everything just got messed up.
It's not that complex actually. Import video file and import audio from video then you only need to take attention on "Audio Display" (see the start and end time) and "Button No.4" (Play currently selected brackets) according to the link I gave earlier, I usually ignore the rest buttons :P
I tried again with some other video that seems easier but I messed it up again... I should just focus on uploading and hopefully, some good soul will offer their help to time the subtitles (although there's already one good soul that contacted me but there's really quite a number of drama I have).

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: D-addicts slow with Jdrama raws recently?

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 18th, '14, 05:56

Romance wrote:Ive been a true fan of this site for many years now, it kicks ass. But recently, especially the last seasons raw uploads for japanese dramas are really slow, and for some there are only files with irritating chinese subtitles. I have no right to complaint as all of this is for free, but i just wonder what has happened? It has never been like this before. :unsure:

I remember how it was like in the mid 2000's, where the uploads swayed more to the jdrama side than the kdrama, cdrama and twdrama side. Things have changed a lot over the years and now, I see more kdrama uploads than jdrama and it seems like there's not a lot of interest in jdrama anymore. I think Keiko1981 pretty much covered some of the reasons why.

As for subtitles, it seems like more and more teams are leaving the jdrama scene and as a result, there's not a lot of English subtitles for many shows. Also, there's too many people who complain and whine about the pace of the subtitle releases (along with teams trying to stop people from stealing their works), which cause many teams to quit. There are some that are still around but it's nothing like it was before.

As for uploaders, I used to be one of many people that would thank them for uploading the files but over time, I've started to do it less often because I don't hang around this site like I used to. However, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate them for what they do here, regardless of the quality.

At the end, it's like that saying "the more things change, the more the stay the same."

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Nov 18th, '14, 16:35

The RAW's are somewhere for a lot of the Jdramas.
If you look at the Fansub Map: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2014
just for this past year. There is a fairly high percentage of dramas being subbed. Fewer SP maybe.

But the fact that the last 4 Asadoras were/are being subbed is a big plus for me. Not to mention the Taiga's.

With the sheer volume of other country's dramas being uploaded it just maybe more difficult to find a particular Jdrama.

Since I have only been around here for the past few years I cannot really comment on what it was like in the mid 2000's. But things change. Change is inevitable.

:-)