[Discussion] Boku no Ita Jikan

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Boku no Ita Jikan

Post by 7mi12 » Jan 12th, '14, 08:24

Since I didn't see any posts about this new Winter J-Drama 2014, I'll start then

Drama: Time I was in (literal title)
Romaji: Boku no Ita Jikan
Japanese: 僕のいた時間
Director: Hiroki Hayama
Writer: Atsuko Hashibe
Network: Fuji TV
Episodes: ?
Release Date: January 8, 2014 --
Runtime: Wednesdays 22:00
Language: Japanese

Plot:

Takuto Sawada (Haruma Miura) is an ordinary university student. One day, he learns that he has ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and doesn't have much time left to live. Instead of wallowing in despair , Takuto tries to live his life actively. (asianwiki)

Cast:

Miura Haruma as Sawada Takuto
Tabe Mikako as Hongo Megumi
Saito Takumi as Mukai Shigeyuki
Kazama Shunsuke as Mizushima Mamoru
Yamamoto Mizuki as Murayama Hina
Nomura Shuhei as Sawada Rikuto
Hamabe Minami (浜辺美波)
Fukikoshi Mitsuru as Tanimoto
Koichi Mantaro as Sawada Akio
Asada Miyoko as Hongo Shoko
Harada Mieko as Sawada Sawako

Production Credits

Screenwriter: Hashibe Atsuko
Producers: Hashimoto Fumi, Emori Hiroko, Motomura Tsuguhiro (元村次宏)
Directors: Hayama Hiroki, Joho Hidenori (城宝秀則)

First impression when saw the first episode...
I feel that this drama will ended just like 1 Litre of Tears..

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Although I love Miura-Tabe pair so much after watched Kimi ni Todoke :-(

foshio88

Post by foshio88 » Jan 12th, '14, 08:58

i know right? but probably crying because of good reasons aite?

i love the script too, and interesting real-life story, gotta love Miura-Tabe pair :D

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 7mi12 » Jan 12th, '14, 09:26

foshio88 wrote:i know right? but probably crying because of good reasons aite?

i love the script too, and interesting real-life story, gotta love Miura-Tabe pair :D
yess, and more adult love story :lol :roll :thumleft:
*just see the eps2 trailer at the end of eps1*

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jan 12th, '14, 23:44

I'm very surprised that I enjoyed this first episode as much as I did. The story was so real and it felt like I knew these people and their issues. I hate job hunting and the frustration it brings when you are failing and you really don't know what you're doing wrong.

I was shocked
when that young man committed suicide,
but I definitely understood. It's a harsh world out there. Anyway, I didn't think the story would impress me much, but Megu and Takuto are so relatable that it was very easy. But I'm kind of afraid, because it is a sickness drama. I hate sickness storylines and here sickness is the whole premise. I did enjoy the first episode, also because the health problems of Takuto weren't present yet. But I'm afraid for the rest of the drama.

Acting wise Tabe Mikako is getting better with time. She was great in 2012's Ooku and sweet and charming as Megu. Haruma Miura is such a weird actor. I don't mean that in a bad way. It is because his acting differs so much from drama to drama to film. He is really good in this!!! He is a good actor, but I don't know - maybe it is the script or the directors that bring the good out in him, because he goes from average/bland to great and back again. Weird. I'm happy that Kazama Shunsuke is being casted a lot in these last seasons, but he needs better roles than boring sidekick friend/character. Let's see where this is going. Looking forward to the next episode.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jan 13th, '14, 06:02

MaiKitty wrote:Haruma Miura is such a weird actor. I don't mean that in a bad way. It is because his acting differs so much from drama to drama to film. He is really good in this!!! He is a good actor, but I don't know - maybe it is the script or the directors that bring the good out in him, because he goes from average/bland to great and back again. Weird.
lol it's how I feel about him as well. :lol

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the subs on this one before watching. Thanks for creating the thread!

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 13th, '14, 14:23

watched the first episode last night and I really liked it. Looking forward to more :-)

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 7mi12 » Jan 13th, '14, 14:47

totally_0bsessed wrote:
MaiKitty wrote:Haruma Miura is such a weird actor. I don't mean that in a bad way. It is because his acting differs so much from drama to drama to film. He is really good in this!!! He is a good actor, but I don't know - maybe it is the script or the directors that bring the good out in him, because he goes from average/bland to great and back again. Weird.
lol it's how I feel about him as well. :lol

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the subs on this one before watching. Thanks for creating the thread!
Me too :cheers: :cheers:
But Haruma Miura played Koizora few years ago, and his role also as sick men and finally died. So he actually experienced "same role" at this drama.
But I admitted that his acting skill is good also! :D :thumleft: :thumleft:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jan 19th, '14, 10:33

Second episode was great, too!
Slowly but steadily the problems in Takutos health start to emerge. I really enjoyed that pacing of the story, the progressing of Takuto and Megus relationship and how they are a couple now. Probably should be glad that romance isn't the main focus in the story so we can see a mature relationship in 2 already. And they really are cute together. Of course, the obstacles are also showing their ugly faces, first of all creepy little brother. Just go away! What a disgusting character. If Takuto weren't deadly ill, I would advice moving out. He earns his own money now and doesn't have to share with stupid little git of brother. And the sempai - I mean it is obvious he has his eyes on Megu! Why can't he leave her alone? Argh.

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 7mi12 » Jan 20th, '14, 14:28

MaiKitty wrote:Second episode was great, too!
Slowly but steadily the problems in Takutos health start to emerge. I really enjoyed that pacing of the story, the progressing of Takuto and Megus relationship and how they are a couple now. Probably should be glad that romance isn't the main focus in the story so we can see a mature relationship in 2 already. And they really are cute together. Of course, the obstacles are also showing their ugly faces, first of all creepy little brother. Just go away! What a disgusting character. If Takuto weren't deadly ill, I would advice moving out. He earns his own money now and doesn't have to share with stupid little git of brother. And the sempai - I mean it is obvious he has his eyes on Megu! Why can't he leave her alone? Argh.
When saw Takuto's mother only care about his bro, I felt kinda sad, too :(

I'm waiting for the 3rd releases~

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jan 25th, '14, 09:33

watch the 3rd episode... thank for someone had uploaded it here: I reckon after watching the preview of episode 4:
Takuto will breakup for sure and will going to make suicide's attempt since the script kinda tried mention this through what happen to the guy who has failed the interviews... wonder how the script going to encourage him try to find the value of his life, for a person who just almost has nothing... poor Takuto

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 26th, '14, 21:57

Picked it up without knowing it was still airing.
Finished epi 2 and gotta say it's a solid drama so far.
No over- nor underacting in this one. Characters seem solid and believable.

adintake

Post by adintake » Feb 1st, '14, 09:02

Hey guys. Checking in to say I'm following this drama too.
I have a feeling that Riku-chan is actually envious of Takuto, from his mocking tone saying that Takuto's life is too relaxed while he has to study hard in medical school.
I'm really curious to see how his family would react when he finally tells them.

Irl, Yamamoto Mizuki is really obsessed with Edward Elric. It's funny they made her character, Hina like that as well.

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Feb 10th, '14, 18:04

Watched the first 5 episodes at one go, and now I'm forced to play the waiting game. Argh.

But goodness! Miura Haruma's acting is seriously top-notch! Those subtle expressions he gave were the best. His acting wasnt bad in the first place, but he got so much better! But seriously, they need to stop giving him roles where he starts hitting on the girl (and getting them) in the very first episode. -.-

For some reason, I keep mixing up Tabe and Ishihara Satomi in this drama, in particularly Ishihara's character in RMPW. Idk, but RMPW just randomly pops up in my head while I'm watching this drama.

And yes! It totally feels like a male version of One Litre of Tears! Though I'm not saying that it's a rip off or anything. I'm loving this drama!

dondau1@sbcglobal.net

The Hours of my Life

Post by dondau1@sbcglobal.net » Mar 9th, '14, 03:14

I first became impressed with Mikako Tabe after watching Kimi Ni Todoke and then again with Deka Wanko. She is a superb character actor, with the ability to transform and immerse herself in her roles. As Megumi, she adds an extra dimension to role that's not as fleshed out as Takuto's character. I hope she is given more challenging roles as time goes by.

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 7mi12 » Mar 27th, '14, 02:40

Finally this dorama is over. I'm glad they have fine ending. This dorama really motivating me ^^

jedmed

Post by jedmed » Apr 12th, '14, 17:14

An awesome ending for a drama worth watching. I was a bit hesitant to watch this one, and even do a review because I just thought the tragedy would get to me, but alas, Haruma Miura performed with such heartfelt performance, definitely one of his best drama ever!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 5th, '14, 09:13

Finally finished this. As soon as ALS became the focus I kind of lost interest in the drama. In the end it wasn't that special and as predictable as every sickness drama is. The only question that was left was, will he die at the end? But that wouldn't have worked out with the morals they seem to preach so.....

I recommend it for the real life issues in the first few episodes. The acting was also pretty good. The ending, the last few episodes didn't move me at all, contrary to what the makers obviously intended with all these scenes trying to make the audience cry with mushy speeches and sugary music. :goggle: The intended manipulation of the viewer was just too obvious to me.