[Discussion] Kagi no Kakatta Heya (Ohno Satoshi,Toda Erika)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply

Rate the 1st episode of Kagiheya (on a scale of 5>1)

Poll ended at Apr 29th, '12, 11:27

5
7
47%
4
7
47%
2
1
7%
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 15

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

[Discussion] Kagi no Kakatta Heya (Ohno Satoshi,Toda Erika)

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 22nd, '12, 11:27

Image

* Title: 鍵のかかった部屋
* Title (romaji): Kagi no Kakatta Heya
* Tagline: 密室は、破れました。
* Tagline (romaji): Misshitsu wa, yaburemashita.
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Locked room mystery
* Episodes: TBA
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2012-April-16 start
* Air time: Monday 21:00
* Theme song: Face Down by Arashi
* English soft subs by earthcolors & danburi can be found here

Synopsis
“Kagi no Kakatta Heya” is based on a novel by author Kishi Yusuke. Ohno plays an employee of a major security company who has to unravel various incidents. The series falls under the “locked room” mystery genre, in which crimes are committed under seemingly impossible circumstances (such as within a room with no apparent means of escape). Ohno’s character has an obsession with studying keys and locks, giving him an advantage in solving each mystery. --Tokyograph

Cast
* Ohno Satoshi as Enomoto Kei
* Toda Erika as Aoto Junko
* Sato Koichi as Serizawa Gou

Production Credits
* Original writing (novel): Enomoto-Junko series (Garasu no Hammer, Kitsunebi no Ie and Kagi no Kakatta Heya) by Kishi Yusuke (貴志祐介)
* Screenwriter: Aizawa Tomoko
* Producer: Ohara Ichiryu (小原一隆)
* Directors: Matsuyama Hiroaki, Kato Hiromasa, Ishii Yusuke
* Music: Ken Arai

Episode 1 ratings: 18.3%
Episode 1 review by Chiaki at Doramaworld.
Episode 1 discussion at Kagiheya LJ community.
Poll ended.
------------------------------
Episode 2 ratings: 16.5%
Episode 3 ratings: 14.4%

The first episode was great so I'm giving it a 4 out of 5. Hope they'll reveal more about Enamoto Kei background. People are complaining that the character is flat because his lack of expression but we are only into the 1st episode. His extreme stoic-ness screams mystery to me. I also enjoyed Toda Erika and Sato Koichi characters and all 3 has good chemistry on screen.
Last edited by brokenparadise on May 2nd, '12, 19:28, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Apr 22nd, '12, 15:34

Loved it! And I was actually interested in listening to Enomoto's explanations abt keys, it bothered me that Aoto and Serizawa would always stop him from finishing those explanations XD

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 23rd, '12, 09:17

^me too! I'm also loving the look he gave Junko when she said thanks to make him stop. Its a mixture of disappointment because he had to stop and a tinge of like because she said thanks sincerely... am I imagining it? He is mostly blank but not really. Very interesting.

Can't wait for today's episode!

User avatar
jAnA
Posts: 77
Joined: Feb 21st, '05, 08:58
Location: North Borneo
Contact:

Post by jAnA » Apr 23rd, '12, 16:17

brokenparadise wrote:^me too! I'm also loving the look he gave Junko when she said thanks to make him stop. Its a mixture of disappointment because he had to stop and a tinge of like because she said thanks sincerely... am I imagining it? He is mostly blank but not really. Very interesting.

Can't wait for today's episode!
"tinge of like"

I thought the same too :P (it gave me hopes for someone to like someone lol :mrgreen: )
Ohno Satoshi :wub:

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 24th, '12, 02:03

^ikr. I know it's kinda cheesy of hoping some romance but why not. Enamoto Kei blank face would be interesting if he has subtle feelings expressed. Honestly I'm not wishing it to turn into rom-com, but it'll be nice if they include just a smidgen :P

Speaking of Enamoto interest in women, the sneak-peek for episode 3 has him asking if Aibu Saki's character (Aoto-san) has a boyfriend. Junko looking quite shocked that Kei asked her that.
Here's the sneak.: http://youtu.be/97Pt2KLotQ8

Also... there's another clip at the end of ep2. somebody care to explain what Enamoto said?
Here's the clip: http://youtu.be/jIlRdO57o6g
Is it some kind of twist? It's not part of the mystery/plot in episode2 and it looks as though he was
helping some random woman.... near his apartment?
Off topic but @jAnA, I recognised your icon. Love Nakama Yukie and hoping she'll work as Ohno love interest in a full rom-com someday. The chemistry is undeniable! I love their fishing trip and their Chocobiscuit CM.

Anon.
Posts: 76
Joined: Jun 3rd, '10, 16:17

Post by Anon. » Apr 24th, '12, 04:14

OMG, THAT'S TODA ERIKA. I didn't recognize her at all. And I'm a huge fan! I FEEL SO DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! T___T To make matters worse, I didn't really like her character too much...too mellow for my liking. ):

Maybe it'll get better. I really like Ohno's character though...this drama turned out to be a lot better than I thought it'd be. That's always a pleasant surprise, eh? I really liked the first episode.

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Apr 24th, '12, 06:41

jAnA wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:^me too! I'm also loving the look he gave Junko when she said thanks to make him stop. Its a mixture of disappointment because he had to stop and a tinge of like because she said thanks sincerely... am I imagining it? He is mostly blank but not really. Very interesting.

Can't wait for today's episode!
"tinge of like"

I thought the same too :P (it gave me hopes for someone to like someone lol :mrgreen: )
Count me in!!
I'm kind of ship EnomotoXJunko!!

May be just me but I feel that Enomoto's tension was a little bit high when Junko paid attention to what he did when he tried to open the bankvault. He's so eager to give explanation and repeatedly asked her weather or not she understood. (like he secretly long for someone to share his interest - SO CUTE!) :wub:

I really like Toda Erika and She make Junko really likeable for me. Junko seem like gentle and polite but also sensible responsible and working to be professional. She's not weak or naive.

I like her subtle judging face toward her boss when he act childish in EP2. When he cut of Enomoto and when he put the tape on Enomoto shoulder ...lol

The boss's also funny when he whine about the detective drama :P

Besides Ohno and the mystery, Junko and the boss interaction is good reason to keep me watching this series ^^
Last edited by ailuros on Apr 24th, '12, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 24th, '12, 06:54

Here's tudou link of ep2: It was a bit dull in the middle but the screen lights up whenever Enamoto is around. I love how Serizawa is kinda jealous of Enamoto detective skills. He was particularly cute and pouty in this episode.
ailuros wrote:I like her subtle judging face toward her boss when he act childish in EP2. When he cut of Enomoto and when he put the tape on Enomoto shoulder ...lol
Serizawa is cute :lol.

On the set they call him Koichi Papa. D'aaaw.

As for the poll above, I'm curious on the 2 rating vote. Wonder why that person find the 1st episode to be a disappointment....

User avatar
jAnA
Posts: 77
Joined: Feb 21st, '05, 08:58
Location: North Borneo
Contact:

Post by jAnA » Apr 24th, '12, 09:10

@ailuros
I'm actually neutral with Toda Erika but I find her character lovable here :D


Sato-san is amazing as Serizawa! Usually I'm annoyed with character like that but he acted it out perfectly in balance.. I thought it added something (not necessarily comic relief) to the dorama (his character wasn't in the novels btw)... he's extra sensitive (or paranoid?) in ep2 - it's so funny XD


About the scene in the end of ep2...
seems like the woman asked for his help to open the lock to her house (which was supposed to be pick-proof I think) & Enomoto gave her advice to change the lock if she loses her key..
*I might be wrong though :P*

p/s: maybe it meant nothing, but the police siren in the background was like suggesting sth like Enomoto might be involved in illicit activities (as seen from the conversation between Serizawa & Junko before that scene).. interesting.


Enomoto just got more mysterious... I also wonder what kind of relationship he has with Aida-san...
Ohno Satoshi :wub:

User avatar
ChootiB
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 4th, '11, 21:28

Post by ChootiB » Apr 25th, '12, 14:22

I came for Toda Erika, but the show grabbed me the moment I played it. The characters are quite good and I think the actors really bring life to them, even when they don't speak much. Enomoto has a very stoic look, but the actor plays him really well. I do think he provides a bit more information when Junko is there lol. I do wonder if he is just really into locks, or has a form of asperger's or autism. It would explain his lack of social cues and his obsession with locks.

Good show though! Can't wait to watch more.

orange.juice
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 1st, '12, 23:54

Post by orange.juice » Apr 26th, '12, 09:16

Right, I gave a 3 for the first episode, but episode 2 captivated me completely! Toda Erika is cute as always, and it's amazing how Ohno fits well with weird, strange and cute-in-his-own-way characters. I still feel lack of interaction between the characters, but from what saw, we can hope for more! Also, Enomoto's explanations on locks are ingenious, I wonder if I can use them at home :w00t:

User avatar
EriKira
Posts: 329
Joined: Aug 10th, '11, 07:10
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by EriKira » Apr 26th, '12, 12:36

awesome.
Ohno Satoshi really genius in acting as a weirdo :O
Toda Erika, my princess, as awesome as she is :cheers: :cheers:
can't wait for the next episode :cheers: :cheers:

tsuki.rouge
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 27th, '12, 02:12

Post by tsuki.rouge » Apr 27th, '12, 02:23

amazing!! Ohno is great!!! but he talk very fast xDD

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 27th, '12, 03:14

I made a mistake. Aoto is Erika character and in ep3 preview Enamoto was asking...
Image
He's probably trying to figure out a clue but KYAAAAaaa

User avatar
jAnA
Posts: 77
Joined: Feb 21st, '05, 08:58
Location: North Borneo
Contact:

Post by jAnA » Apr 27th, '12, 04:33

brokenparadise wrote:I made a mistake. Aoto is Erika character and in ep3 preview Enamoto was asking...
Image
He's probably trying to figure out a clue but KYAAAAaaa
I can't wait to see this scene (& another scene where Enomoto looked at her :wub: )!! It might not mean anything (just a question) but it made me really look forward to next episode.. (who knows maybe it would start from Junko's side :mrgreen: )
Ohno Satoshi :wub:

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Apr 30th, '12, 07:14

Hope Kagiheya community don't mind me posting this here (credits to translator barbosa2007):
Here's a short snippet from the interview with Kishi Yusuke, author of Kagi no Kakatta Heya. He shares briefly about his thoughts on Ohno as Enomoto Kei, and Ninomiya.

The author of Kagi no Kakatta Heya, Kishi Yusuke, makes a cameo appearance in episode 3 as Dokushima Ryuoh.*
Translator’s note: Ryu-oh (lit: Dragon King) is a title conferred onto the winner of the Ryu-oh Tournament, which is 1 out of the 7 Japanese Shogi title matches.

What do you think of Ohno-san, who portrays Enomoto Kei?

In the beginning, when I heard that Ohno-kun was going to play Enomoto, I thought he was perfect for the role. It’s to the point where if I had to chose from one of the Arashi members, I think it’d be Ohno-kun. Ohno-kun is a cheerful and amicable person in the extremely popular group we call Arashi, but he's more than that. I feel that he’s keeping something inside himself, so that might connect to Enomoto as well.

So you do know about Arashi.

In the past, I had the privilege of having Ninomiya-kun act in the movie “Ao no Honou”, which was based on the book I wrote. Since then, my wife has become a total fan, and she often watches them on TV. (laughs) Therefore, I’m really looking forward to what Ohno-kun can bring.
This is so cool. Ao no Hono was amazing and complex. Kagiheya is light compared to that movie.
It's really an honor that the writer gladly made an appearance on the drama. Anybody has read his Enamoto Kei series? There's 3 of them. I hope if they can't cover all within this season they'll make a movie or SP next :D

User avatar
jAnA
Posts: 77
Joined: Feb 21st, '05, 08:58
Location: North Borneo
Contact:

Post by jAnA » Apr 30th, '12, 08:05

brokenparadise wrote:Hope Kagiheya community don't mind me posting this here (credits to translator barbosa2007):
Here's a short snippet from the interview with Kishi Yusuke, author of Kagi no Kakatta Heya. He shares briefly about his thoughts on Ohno as Enomoto Kei, and Ninomiya.

The author of Kagi no Kakatta Heya, Kishi Yusuke, makes a cameo appearance in episode 3 as Dokushima Ryuoh.*
Translator’s note: Ryu-oh (lit: Dragon King) is a title conferred onto the winner of the Ryu-oh Tournament, which is 1 out of the 7 Japanese Shogi title matches.

What do you think of Ohno-san, who portrays Enomoto Kei?

In the beginning, when I heard that Ohno-kun was going to play Enomoto, I thought he was perfect for the role. It’s to the point where if I had to chose from one of the Arashi members, I think it’d be Ohno-kun. Ohno-kun is a cheerful and amicable person in the extremely popular group we call Arashi, but he's more than that. I feel that he’s keeping something inside himself, so that might connect to Enomoto as well.

So you do know about Arashi.

In the past, I had the privilege of having Ninomiya-kun act in the movie “Ao no Honou”, which was based on the book I wrote. Since then, my wife has become a total fan, and she often watches them on TV. (laughs) Therefore, I’m really looking forward to what Ohno-kun can bring.
This is so cool. Ao no Hono was amazing and complex. Kagiheya is light compared to that movie.
It's really an honor that the writer gladly made an appearance on the drama. Anybody has read his Enamoto Kei series? There's 3 of them. I hope if they can't cover all within this season they'll make a movie or SP next :D
Actually, it seems like they are going to use all three books for this drama... If there'll ever be a movie or SP, I hope it would be from a new one :mrgreen:
Ohno Satoshi :wub:

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » May 2nd, '12, 19:47

^Is it so? I hope it covers Enamoto background story as well. The story is different with Serizawa added into the team...

I enjoyed episode 3 very much. Greatly anticipated character development. Enamoto is now interested to capture the killer instead of just unlocking the locked room AND showed attentiveness towards Junko. Erika played Junko very well. I've seen her acting flirty, girly or loud but she carried this straight-laced character pretty convincingly.

The mystery was fairly simple. It could be a standard for the audience to figure out who the killer was right in the beginning but I don't really mind.
Usually the suspect of locking a locked murder scene is the victim himself so I'm a bit disappointed they didn't figure it out right away lol. This is only a guess since the subs aren't available yet.

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » May 3rd, '12, 09:01

zettaiKaren wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:The mystery was fairly simple. It could be a standard for the audience to figure out who the killer was right in the beginning but I don't really mind.
Usually the suspect of locking a locked murder scene is the victim himself so I'm a bit disappointed they didn't figure it out right away lol. This is only a guess since the subs aren't available yet.
I thought this episode was actually the most intriguing of the 3. Even though they showed who the most suspicious character is at the beginning, they didn't reveal the motive until the end when the murderer admitted to the crime.

I was one of the people that gave ep.1 (and 2) a 3, because the solution was too easy to figure out. Based on my experience, ep.1/2 is the most common type of 'locked room' mysteries. Meitantei Conan and the old NBC mystery series Banacek have a few good ones (not of the ep.1/2 type) if you're interested in these kind of 'how-done-it's.
Probably because I deduced without understanding a word of the murderer's confession. It was an intriguing scene nevertheless. However I did get the motive from the start of the criminal introduction if my no-subtitled deduction was correct.
The victim figured out how she cheated right? It's still very interesting why someone like her would go to the most extreme measure.
Actually I gave all 3 episodes 4/5. Doesn't really matter if the mystery is a How-done-it, why-did-it or who-done-it. Thanks for the suggestions and I'm pretty familiar with Conan.

I do wish a couple of cases will unfold right in front of Enamoto Kei's eyes (like Conan). It'll be more dramatic. So far he only came after the police get though with a scene.

Edit: hmm... where did zettaiKarren comment go

User avatar
ChootiB
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 4th, '11, 21:28

Post by ChootiB » May 4th, '12, 14:54

Junko rubbing her fingers trying to unlock the locked room was funny.

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » May 4th, '12, 16:49

ChootiB wrote:Junko rubbing her fingers trying to unlock the locked room was funny.
Yes, She is!!!!

Love JunkoXEnomoto development in this episode.
Now she hangout at his office/workshop. XD

User avatar
GaussAlgorithmus
Posts: 739
Joined: Jun 12th, '05, 19:56
Location: Germany

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » May 6th, '12, 16:24

After the first three episodes, I have to say that I like this dorama. I'm looking forward especially towards the development between Junko and Enomoto.

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » May 8th, '12, 12:28

Episode 4 ratings is 15.5%. Kagiheya is now the #1 drama for this season.

This episode highlight is not the mystery but Serizawa, Aoto and Enamoto being adorable!
Image omnomnomnom
credit to blesseddisgrace@tumblr
:wub:

User avatar
EriKira
Posts: 329
Joined: Aug 10th, '11, 07:10
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by EriKira » May 9th, '12, 23:26

I watched episode 3 and found out that episode 3 is just a simple cast :-(
But now I am downloading episode 4 and waiting for its sub (Can't watch detective dorama without sub. The sentences are too diff ) :blink

But I am glad the rating is not going down :cheers:
cheers for Toda !! :cheers: :wub:

User avatar
naokanzaki
Posts: 324
Joined: Dec 22nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Syracuse
Contact:

Post by naokanzaki » May 9th, '12, 23:34

^^ Thought episode 3 was the best so far, :whistling: lot more simpler to follow and a better story, big fan of Saki too so having her in it really helped out. 8)

User avatar
GaussAlgorithmus
Posts: 739
Joined: Jun 12th, '05, 19:56
Location: Germany

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » May 10th, '12, 23:19

I just finished episode four. I always love seeing Shiraishi Miho, especially in "evil" roles (Densha Otoko comes to mind), that was definetly an additional plus for this episode. Also, I totally love how Serizawa somehoe becomes a detective more and more. Not only, that he shows more interest in the cases, he actually notices things and even things, that are important. I guess, he'll be a "detective lawyer" at the end of the series. :D

Romance
Posts: 701
Joined: Jun 19th, '05, 00:14

Post by Romance » May 12th, '12, 14:52

Personally i find this drama quite lame... i mean, it brings nothing new to the genre. Everything has been done before. And the humor isnt very funny... but maybe its just me? Sorry for being negative... maybe i should give it one more chance? (watched ep 1 and 2).

User avatar
HayatoHiroki
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 15th, '11, 07:54

Post by HayatoHiroki » May 12th, '12, 23:01

My thoughts on Ep. 4:
i thought this episode was pretty lame. you can make a spider look like a different spider? wtf? really?
and the victim's mother didn't seem distressed at all by her son's passing.
she knew that her daughter-in-law killed her son but she let's her keep on working with her? :roll
Nevertheless, I'm gonna keep on watching this series because Satoshi's in it :D

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 13:53

Post by danburi » May 13th, '12, 11:07

HayatoHiroki wrote:
i thought this episode was pretty lame. you can make a spider look like a different spider? wtf? really?
and the victim's mother didn't seem distressed at all by her son's passing.
she knew that her daughter-in-law killed her son but she let's her keep on working with her? :roll
Not sure if truly possible or not but someone have asked that question in Japanese Yahoo answer and some one did respond as “It may be possible; spider is basically a skeletal frame with skin”.

Another comment I read states,
“In the actual novel, it has more detail of how it was done. Including the wife’s hobby is a needle stitching. So I was looking forward to see how they are going to show it visually. But they avoided, possibly did not want to gross the viewers out.”

But yes, many Japanese viewers thought that was little far fetched…
If they showed the way described in the book, it may convinced the viewers more but also might offend many too.
And I think mother-in-law believed son was killed by a spider. Not by the wife.

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » May 15th, '12, 05:09

Ep.4 case is a bit far fetched but the characters were the highlight. Props to the director who managed to make it enjoyable and forgivable with the awesome characters and the actors he has.

Ep. 5 was great too but I managed to crack the case before Enamoto XD. Knowing who the perpetrator was easy but
I figured out how he did it when he was retelling how he discovered the body. baseball is the key I think. In the opening the crack was the motif, there was dust rain and tennis balls but after the reveal, the dust wasn't htat significant..? I'm just guessing since I don't know any Japanese
Still, I'm loving watching the case unfolds with all 3 leads enjoying themselves at solving it.

The next episode looks pretty amazing too. The case will revolve around murder during a stage play and Sakamoto from V6 will be one of the key suspect.

@danburi thanks for insight on the original book. if you have more to share post episode airing please do :D. I have some questions hope you don't mind. 1) Was there anything Serizawa-like in the book? He's awesome. 2) Will there be any romantic repercussions between Junko and Kei? I hope they'll make it happen in Kagiheya drama. The way they flirt in ep4 was oh so sweet 3) Will Enamoto ever break character? I want to see him loose it.

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 13:53

Post by danburi » May 15th, '12, 15:21

brokenparadise wrote: @danburi thanks for insight on the original book. if you have more to share post episode airing please do :D. I have some questions hope you don't mind. 1) Was there anything Serizawa-like in the book? He's awesome. 2) Will there be any romantic repercussions between Junko and Kei? I hope they'll make it happen in Kagiheya drama. The way they flirt in ep4 was oh so sweet 3) Will Enamoto ever break character? I want to see him loose it.
I never read the book myself so these are information I found online. What I’ve seen so far,

1) Serizawa is an original character created for this Drama. However, there is a character in the book that possibly Serizawa is based on. His name is Imamura and he is Junko's co-worker and ex-boyfriend in the law firm. (per Japanese wiki)

2) In original story, I think Junko is older than Enomoto. If you go to http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/kagi/ which is a Japanese web page for Book “Kagi no Kakatta heya”. If you pull down the page to about middle, you’ll see little illustrated character picture of Enomoto and Junko. To me, Junko looks more mature than Enomoto.

3) I don’t think so. What I read online so far, his character is very close to what you see on TV.

But who knows, they did change the character set on this drama so anything can happen :P

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » May 16th, '12, 07:56

danburi wrote:
brokenparadise wrote: @danburi thanks for insight on the original book. if you have more to share post episode airing please do :D. I have some questions hope you don't mind. 1) Was there anything Serizawa-like in the book? He's awesome. 2) Will there be any romantic repercussions between Junko and Kei? I hope they'll make it happen in Kagiheya drama. The way they flirt in ep4 was oh so sweet 3) Will Enamoto ever break character? I want to see him loose it.
I never read the book myself so these are information I found online. What I’ve seen so far,

1) Serizawa is an original character created for this Drama. However, there is a character in the book that possibly Serizawa is based on. His name is Imamura and he is Junko's co-worker and ex-boyfriend in the law firm. (per Japanese wiki)

2) In original story, I think Junko is older than Enomoto. If you go to http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/kagi/ which is a Japanese web page for Book “Kagi no Kakatta heya”. If you pull down the page to about middle, you’ll see little illustrated character picture of Enomoto and Junko. To me, Junko looks more mature than Enomoto.

3) I don’t think so. What I read online so far, his character is very close to what you see on TV.

But who knows, they did change the character set on this drama so anything can happen :P
THANK YOU!

1) I read somewhere, Junko in the original is the one who suspected Enamoto as a burglar... Serizawa was the one who was suspicious of Enamoto in the drama. They might have splitted original Junko into Serizawa. that's why he's become the father figure in Enamoto team while in the original Junko seems like a big sister to Enamoto.

2) The illustrator made Enamoto look like Nino... the writer imagined him as someone like Ohno though. Now I kind of want to see the original version of Enamoto/Junko in action especially if it's played by Nino/Yuko Takeuchi. Either way, I would love for Enamoto/Junko to happen. Their characters match really well!

3) Even Enamoto signature hand movements?

I wish they'd do an original special episode just for the sake of fan-service....

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » May 23rd, '12, 08:51

I'm starting loving seeing Ohno-Toda shot together, have they had magazine photoshoots together, just the two of them without Sato-san? Arashi fans, pls help :P

I'm quite tired of mystery drama with 1 solved case per episode, I prefer one connected mystery throughout 11 eps, or maybe solved in 2-3 eps like TRICK. But I'm quite enjoying this drama thanks to the cast's performance^^

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 13:53

Post by danburi » May 25th, '12, 00:02

brokenparadise wrote: 3) Even Enamoto signature hand movements?
Not sure. I tried to research it but found only a single post that said it is but no other.
By the way, original Enomoto character is not the security company employee but the Security shop (where security items are sold) manager and consultant.

Drama note for ep5 & 6 from reading Japanese wiki:

Original story “Distorted Box” which is the Ep5 "The Room That Wasn't Locked" -
Victim Takemoto was killer Sugisaki’s Uncle (Aunts’ husband). And During the argument over the shoddy construction, Sugisaki threatened with Sugisaki’s prior conviction when he was a teenager.

Original story for Ep6 "The Locked Room Theater" - It was a second incident involved with this theater group and was a comedy.
It sounds like only thing that was same as original was the trick used for culprit to escape from murder scene.

User avatar
GaussAlgorithmus
Posts: 739
Joined: Jun 12th, '05, 19:56
Location: Germany

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » May 25th, '12, 01:54

Can someone tell me, who played "Rina" in episode 6?

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 13:53

Post by danburi » May 25th, '12, 23:30

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Can someone tell me, who played "Rina" in episode 6?
Her Name is Nounen Rena. She is the secretary in a law farm.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kagi_no_Kakatta_Heya

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 13:53

Post by danburi » Jun 5th, '12, 18:02

Per Official site, last story will be “The Glass Hammer”. It will air in two episodes, 10th and final, 11th. Tamaki Hiroshi will be the guest and last episode will be extended by 30 minutes. :-)

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Jun 14th, '12, 05:52

I really want them to give us more on Enamoto. Honestly, despite my love for subtle acting, I really wanted Ohno Satoshi to stretch his acting chops. Watching the character all this while make me wonder how stifling it is to be Enamoto. It's a relieve to see bits of him loosening his intense control a couple of minutes at the end of every chapter with Aoto close by. I do want to see more of Enamoto being relaxed.

fujitak
Posts: 181
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 16:44

Post by fujitak » Jun 30th, '12, 20:43

don't understand at all last minute of final episode
Enomoto san run away from japan with the diamonds???
Did he cheated everybody?
his devil smile on the last seconds of final episode seems to be like "i'm not an angel, i have too my darkside"
[/spoiler]

danburi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 139
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 13:53

Post by danburi » Jun 30th, '12, 21:23

I think last part is left for everyone to draw own conclusion.
Just as in original noble, it does not say he is a thief but does imply that he is… I think drama ended with that, just to imply. According to original noble, he knows how to exchange those diamonds to cash so he may already did that.
All in all, I really enjoyed this drama.

User avatar
TheVicarious
Posts: 34
Joined: Apr 25th, '12, 00:09

Post by TheVicarious » Jul 2nd, '12, 14:44

I will definetly pick this drama up in the near future. I hear it's pretty good. But the main reason is since I'm a huge Erika Toda fan!

Drogba
Posts: 4
Joined: Jul 2nd, '12, 13:43

Post by Drogba » Jul 2nd, '12, 16:26

hope this will have a SP ,this show is very good :lol :mrgreen:

User avatar
digitalcoconut
Posts: 170
Joined: Aug 23rd, '06, 13:12

Post by digitalcoconut » Jul 3rd, '12, 07:01

this series need SP /movie..

im bit skeptical at first few episodes, but the the 3 main characters grown in me.. i hate Toda Erika's character at first. she's too plain. but turned to be OK later..

i like the ending (Enamoto maybe a theft or not).. most man have their evil side..

the -ve side. most /all of the perpetrators are weak. they confessed before anything. most evidence (if any) are weak and circumstantial. or they could simply avoid talking to Enamoto (and his lawyers friend) if they want, since he /they're not an authority /police.

User avatar
GaussAlgorithmus
Posts: 739
Joined: Jun 12th, '05, 19:56
Location: Germany

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 4th, '12, 00:23

I really liked the ending. The Idea of Enomoto having been
a thief right from the beginning is quite nice. It somehow makes im some sort of a "gray" character: Not white, not black...but grey.
I also think, that
the name of the robot (Lupina 5) was not by accident and a clear hint to the Anime Character "Lupin III" who is, like Enomoto, neither a good nor a really bad character.

User avatar
ChootiB
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 4th, '11, 21:28

Post by ChootiB » Jul 5th, '12, 00:31

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I really liked the ending. The Idea of Enomoto having been
a thief right from the beginning is quite nice. It somehow makes im some sort of a "gray" character: Not white, not black...but grey.
I like it too.
Plus, it explains the missing watches as well. I mean, we never figured out who stole his watches lol

User avatar
GaussAlgorithmus
Posts: 739
Joined: Jun 12th, '05, 19:56
Location: Germany

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jul 5th, '12, 04:28

ChootiB wrote:
Plus, it explains the missing watches as well. I mean, we never figured out who stole his watches lol
Exactly!

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jul 14th, '12, 18:21

This drama is really good, I seriously like every case.actually I'm not too fond of Satoshi as the main actor but after finishing the drama I have to applause his great acting skills, hehe...

His potrayal of Enomoto is epic :cheers:
The biggest trick in the drama was when
At the final ep where several diamond went missing and Enomoto with extra money able went for a trip and then the smirk at the end really kills me.... Literally
Overall it is a good drama to watch its really worth the time I spend waiting every week for it to aired 2 ep. Highly recommended for detective loving fans.

User avatar
doramaworld
Posts: 73
Joined: May 31st, '12, 08:28

Post by doramaworld » Jul 22nd, '12, 09:19

For those who are interested, please visit the my blog for the review of Ep 6 and feel free to leave your comments:

http://doramaworld.blogspot.sg/2012/07/ ... -ep-6.html
For drama and movie reviews as well as latest news and resources on J-ent in general, please visit:
http://doramaworld.blogspot.com

User avatar
doramaworld
Posts: 73
Joined: May 31st, '12, 08:28

Post by doramaworld » Aug 9th, '12, 16:16

For drama and movie reviews as well as latest news and resources on J-ent in general, please visit:
http://doramaworld.blogspot.com

User avatar
doramaworld
Posts: 73
Joined: May 31st, '12, 08:28

Post by doramaworld » Sep 10th, '12, 12:37

If you are interested, Ep 8's review is up on my blog: http://doramaworld.blogspot.sg/2012/09/ ... -ep-8.html
For drama and movie reviews as well as latest news and resources on J-ent in general, please visit:
http://doramaworld.blogspot.com

ZoddGuts
Posts: 116
Joined: Apr 12th, '07, 23:59

Post by ZoddGuts » Nov 30th, '12, 11:08

Really liked this series. If your into mystery crime dramas then I highly recommend this series. The characters were likeable, also like how did mix things up with the mysteries. This series is leagues above Monsters recent mystery crime drama series.

nosnoop
Posts: 123
Joined: Apr 2nd, '12, 05:37

Post by nosnoop » May 8th, '13, 04:20

Recently started watching this series after hearing so many good things about it.

I have watched 5 episodes so far. I like the characters, and the story telling, and was really look forward to how the mystery unfolds in each episode.

Unfortunately, the "solutions" to the murder mystery have been a disappointment, as they were simply not believable or plausible at all. Granted, I understand that drama may stretch your imagination a bit. For example, Galileo 1 seems more plausible regardless if it is really possible in real life.
For example, in Ep 4... you put a shell over a deadly poisonous spider??? Really? Won't Mika worry about getting bitten herself?? And the poisonous spider would just walk around with this shell on? And the shell won't come off even when it jumps around??? Sorry, this is simply not possible.

And in Ep 5, using a tennis ball launcher through that tiny hole? And just so happen that the hole would exactly align with the exact top left corner of the door? OK, the murderer may have it lucky that the hole is aligned that way. It may sound more plausible if the murder was carefully planned over months with painstaking measurement of the angles, finding a machine which works right etc. NO! It was just a spur of the moment that he wants to kill that guy (the motive was a stretch as well), and he can suddenly come up with this very complicated idea, and it just so happens everything works the first time he tries it..... Sigh...
I would continue to watch it because of the characters, but I really hope the cases would get better; because the last two episodes were just ridiculous.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests