Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
JackBauer2424

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Post by JackBauer2424 » Jun 11th, '15, 09:44

Long Vacation was maybe 6 yr age diff older woman. I'm in the middle of re-watching it for the 2nd time.

I wanted to watch Jinbe, but couldn't find it with English subtitles.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Jun 20th, '15, 02:58

Hey guys,

What were your favourites from the Spring 2015 season? Best story, acting, character development, most surprisingly awesome... The ones like that.

I'm already planning on watching I'm Home, Kokoro ga Pokkito Ne, Mother Game, and Tennou no Ryouriban regardless of opinion.

Generally I like foodie dramas, family comedy-dramas, human dramas, and slick detective stories. But anything that's just excellent all around would be awesome too.

So, thoughts?

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jun 28th, '15, 04:33

JennySolln wrote:Hi,
I am looking for jdramas about older woman / younger man. Not necessarily a biiig age diference, but something like "Kimi wa petto" or "Kyou wa kaisha yasumimasu ". on the romantic-comedy side.
Maybe you can try these :-)
- Platonic
- Second Love

revalens1

any recommendation of romance/school life jdramas!

Post by revalens1 » Jul 13th, '15, 12:29

Im really into romace and school life but its ok
even if its not school life as long as its good
any recommendation?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: any recommendation of romance/school life jdramas!

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 13th, '15, 13:25

Threads already exist.
School dramas: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22726

Merging this thread with existing recommend/suggest dramas thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10409

Index of Jdrama discussion threads can be found here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30768

JLove

Post by JLove » Jul 13th, '15, 16:47

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the place to ask. I'm hoping that someone to help me identify a jdrama but I may not have many clues at all.

A few years ago (probably), I stumbled upon a Japanese period drama (I believe it was the Edo period) while channel flipping on cable. Not too sure if the drama is by NHK as NHK is the only Japanese channel that I have on cable although a couple of other channels have broadcasted some dramas from other Japanese channels even if it's not as frequent.

When I stumbled upon the drama, it was the scene of a man and a woman trying to make the perfect sweet red bean paste. They tried and tried and tried throughout the night and finally they got the right taste of the sweet red bean paste when morning comes. I think the success will implicate the woman's standing in the business dominated by men (at least that's what I thought I understood). I've always thought that drama was about wagashi but since then I haven't seen any other episodes of that particular period drama to be sure of it.

At that time I wasn't really following japanese dramas as I haven't discovered DA so I didn't really bothered much but years passed and I learned much more about the Japanese culture and watched plenty of Japanese drama about food. So I just happened to recall this particular drama (or rather particular scene of this drama) that I watched by chance.

I really hope someone knows what drama is this and I hope it is still available on the net and that there are eng subs for it. Do advice if anyone knows.

Clues to identify drama:
- period drama (most possibly edo period)
- most likely NHK channel but not entirely sure
- there is a scene where a man and a woman were trying to succeed in making a good sweet red bean paste throughout the night
- the woman in the scene could be trying to make a name for herself in the business of sweet red bean paste making or wagashi making in a male dominated business

p/s: It's ok if you don't know the drama. I would appreciate if there are suggestions on dramas about wagashi and the business/traditions surrounding wagashi. I've watched Ando Natsu and the asadora, Asuka. I really loved these 2 dramas and enjoyed learning more about wagashi. :lol

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 13th, '15, 17:19

JLove wrote:Hello,

I am not sure if this is the place to ask. I'm hoping that someone to help me identify a jdrama but I may not have many clues at all.

A few years ago (probably), I stumbled upon a Japanese period drama (I believe it was the Edo period) while channel flipping on cable. Not too sure if the drama is by NHK as NHK is the only Japanese channel that I have on cable although a couple of other channels have broadcasted some dramas from other Japanese channels even if it's not as frequent.

When I stumbled upon the drama, it was the scene of a man and a woman trying to make the perfect sweet red bean paste. They tried and tried and tried throughout the night and finally they got the right taste of the sweet red bean paste when morning comes. I think the success will implicate the woman's standing in the business dominated by men (at least that's what I thought I understood). I've always thought that drama was about wagashi but since then I haven't seen any other episodes of that particular period drama to be sure of it.

At that time I wasn't really following japanese dramas as I haven't discovered DA so I didn't really bothered much but years passed and I learned much more about the Japanese culture and watched plenty of Japanese drama about food. So I just happened to recall this particular drama (or rather particular scene of this drama) that I watched by chance.

I really hope someone knows what drama is this and I hope it is still available on the net and that there are eng subs for it. Do advice if anyone knows.

Clues to identify drama:
- there is a scene where a man and a woman were trying to succeed in making a good sweet red bean paste throughout the night
- the woman in the scene could be trying to make a name for herself in the business of sweet red bean paste making or wagashi making in a male dominated business

p/s: It's ok if you don't know the drama. I would appreciate if there are suggestions on dramas about wagashi and the business/traditions surrounding wagashi. I've watched Ando Natsu and the asadora, Asuka. I really loved these 2 dramas and enjoyed learning more about wagashi. :lol
Sorry, I can't help you with the unidentified drama.
Questions about unknown dramas can be made here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30768
For other Jdrama discussions see the index viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30768

Asuka
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Asuka
and
Tsubasa (some wagashi crafting there) http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsubasa

JLove

Post by JLove » Jul 13th, '15, 17:27

Keiko1981 wrote:
JLove wrote:Hello,

Clues to identify drama:

Sorry, I can't help you with the unidentified drama.
Questions about unknown dramas can be made here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30768
For other Jdrama discussions see the index viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30768

Asuka
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Asuka
and
Tsubasa (some wagashi crafting there) http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tsubasa
Yes, I have found that thread and posting it there as well. :-) Thank you so much for suggesting Tsubasa. Will definitely check it out even if wagashi is not the main theme in that drama. :thumright:

yusuk3

Post by yusuk3 » Jul 15th, '15, 15:48

Hi! Could you suggest some Jdramas or movies for me? Yes I can search the net but I want suggestions from you guys, what you could recommend best haha, give me the best of your best!!! :D

1. Detectives, crimes, mysteries, mindblowing and things that needs to be "solved"but not too serious, with little dish of comedy or anything haha. I love em
2. Romcoms, more on childhood friends then grew then things happen
3. Music with a little bit of comedy (Like Swing GIrls or something like that haha)

Or any other genre that you would really want to share :cheers:

isla07

Post by isla07 » Jul 20th, '15, 02:05

yusuk3 wrote:Hi! Could you suggest some Jdramas or movies for me? Yes I can search the net but I want suggestions from you guys, what you could recommend best haha, give me the best of your best!!! :D

1. Detectives, crimes, mysteries, mindblowing and things that needs to be "solved"but not too serious, with little dish of comedy or anything haha. I love em
3. Music with a little bit of comedy (Like Swing GIrls or something like that haha)

I don't know what you have already seen but I assume you have already seen Nodame Cantabile.

If you haven't seen Nobuta wo Produce, I strongly recommend it and:

BOSS (Amami Yuki) - crime, comedy
Don Quixote (Matsuda Shota) - comedy, work
Bitter Blood (Sato Takeru, Atsuro Watabe) - crime, comedy
N no Tame Ni (Eiruka Nana, Kubota Masataka) - crime, mystery, friendship
Mondai no Aru Restaurant - the first ep may not be interesting but it gets better as the series progresses (Yoko Maki) - social issues, friendship
Tenno no Ryoriban (Sato Takeru, Kuroki Haru) - historical, human drama (this is really good)

yusuk3

Post by yusuk3 » Jul 21st, '15, 08:42

isla07 wrote:
I don't know what you have already seen but I assume you have already seen Nodame Cantabile.

If you haven't seen Nobuta wo Produce, I strongly recommend it and:

BOSS (Amami Yuki) - crime, comedy
Don Quixote (Matsuda Shota) - comedy, work
Bitter Blood (Sato Takeru, Atsuro Watabe) - crime, comedy
N no Tame Ni (Eiruka Nana, Kubota Masataka) - crime, mystery, friendship
Mondai no Aru Restaurant - the first ep may not be interesting but it gets better as the series progresses (Yoko Maki) - social issues, friendship
Tenno no Ryoriban (Sato Takeru, Kuroki Haru) - historical, human drama (this is really good)
Thanks for these! Everything's interesting, I may look for torrents sooner or later haha

Anyway, anyone knows good dramas starring michiko kichise & erika toda? I watched them on liar game and they were awesome :D
And any other juri ueno jdramas? I have only watched ouroboros and alice no toge so far :|

isla07

Post by isla07 » Jul 22nd, '15, 05:27

Anyway, anyone knows good dramas starring michiko kichise & erika toda? I watched them on liar game and they were awesome :D
And any other juri ueno jdramas? I have only watched ouroboros and alice no toge so far :|

Coincidentally, both Toda Erika and Michiko Kichise are in BOSS

Ueno Juri: Nodame Cantabile (I assumed you have already seen this, my bad), Last Friends, Sunao ni Narenakute
Toda Erika: Kagi no Kakkata Heya, SPEC

tomzero
United States of America

Post by tomzero » Jul 22nd, '15, 06:30

yusuk3 wrote:Hi! Could you suggest some Jdramas or movies for me? Yes I can search the net but I want suggestions from you guys, what you could recommend best haha, give me the best of your best!!! :D

Since no one else has mentioned it, the first show I saw Toda Erika in (and one of my first j-drama's) was Summer Nude. Excellent show and a good way to get into j-drama's.

uedajirou

Re: Japanese drama about bullying

Post by uedajirou » Jul 23rd, '15, 18:34

Some of the recommendation is really bad, imho like gokusen and kazoku game.
My recommendation will be LIFE and Jyoou no Kyoushitsu (top notch acting, story, etc). If you still have time, you may try 35sai no Koukousei (tbh the acting of the students are horrible, with exception of Yonetan and maybe Nomura Shuhei. But the story is gold. Gokusen-like but with no cheesy scenes. ) and Watashitachi no Kyokasho as well, but most of japanese highschool dramas with idols on it arent good. That includes Kazoku game (this is based on a japanese story released long time ago. but the story is quite good but quitr similiar to Jyoou no Kyoushitsu, poor acting by lead male cast==> too bad, but the rest has top notch acting). Some of them are even out of question (Nobuta wo produce... )

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Jul 24th, '15, 05:57

zenith777 wrote:
JennySolln wrote:Hi,
I am looking for jdramas about older woman / younger man. Not necessarily a biiig age diference, but something like "Kimi wa petto" or "Kyou wa kaisha yasumimasu ". on the romantic-comedy side.
Maybe you can try these :-)
- Platonic
- Second Love

How about Nemureru Mori no Jukujo? An really awesome drama about age difference and relationship problems.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 25th, '15, 17:19

JennySolln wrote:Hi, I am looking for jdramas about older woman / younger man. Not necessarily a biiig age diference, but something like "Kimi wa petto" or "Kyou wa kaisha yasumimasu ". on the romantic-comedy side.
P@permoon wrote:How about Nemureru Mori no Jukujo? An really awesome drama about age difference and relationship problems.
That looks interesting though and surely an age different relationship... Might download soon :lol

str5x

Post by str5x » Jul 31st, '15, 08:14

What good food jdramas would you recommend?

I got hooked to jdramas with Kodoku no gurume. It is a masterpiece in my
opinion. (Incidentally, does anyone know if a new season is upcoming or
they just didn't renew it?)

I'm also enjoying Hondana Shokudo, following fellow Earth Buri's
subtitles as they come along.

Anything similar?

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » Jul 31st, '15, 16:35

Hi

Any good Japanese or Korean dramas about Bohemian teenagers or university students? Rock musician, punks and etc.

tomzero
United States of America

Post by tomzero » Aug 4th, '15, 02:24

str5x wrote:What good food jdramas would you recommend?

Anything similar?
If you haven't checked it out, I'd highly recommend Shinya Shokudo. Apparently, there's a Korean version that's on now, but I Haven't seen it. I also liked Coffee-ya no Hitobito. On a completely different note, I did watch and really enjoy Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san, but it's not quite in the same genre :-)

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Aug 4th, '15, 18:17

BoggoSonyeo wrote:Any good Japanese or Korean dramas about Bohemian teenagers or university students? Rock musician, punks and etc.
From the top of my head: :whistling:
- Nodame Cantabile: Very eccentric musicians, however they play classical music...
- Kimi wa Petto: Dancer lives as a pet...
- Ikemen Desu Ne: Rock band gets a new singer, but he gets into trouble (?), so the manager gets his twin sister (a nun) for stepping in...
- Idols: Three girls running from the yakuza, take male clothes, and get casted as a boy-band...
These are Japanese doramas, but i think all of them have Korean adaptation... (Maybe the last one does not... :scratch: )

Edit:
There is also the movie Oresama: A pop-star gets back in time to help his younger self in soccer, etc...

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 16th, '15, 06:45

Food drama: Lunch Queen (Lunch no Joou) starring very pretty Yuko Takeuchi, but with shorter hair. Demiglace sauce this. Demiglace sauce that.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Aug 17th, '15, 07:09

From top of my head:
  • Osen : About a traditional restaurant, but mostly about its people...
  • Sushi Oji : It is about a martial art / sushi chef student, who gets through training in both at the same time...
  • Hungry! : It is about a guy, who left his rock band to revive his parent's French restaurant...
  • Dinner : About an Italian restaurant...
Also some Movies:
  • Chonmage Purin : About a jobless samurai, that slips to through time, to become a patisser...
  • Tampopo : This movie consist scenes that are loosely connected, but all centered around food.
    There is also a main storyline: Some truck drivers help a widow to revive her ramen shop...
  • The Ramen Girl : American girlfriend left alone in Tokyo decides to become a ramen chef...
  • Nonchan Noriben : About a single mom, and her starting a bento making business...
  • Sukiyaki : The prisoners are given sukiyaki once in a while, (which is a traditional family meal,) so they can remember their families...
Oh, and there are also many episodes of Begin Japanology, that deals with food, from bento and wasabi to school meals and kaiseki cuisine (that is western cuisine, with a Japanese touch)...

str5x

Post by str5x » Aug 18th, '15, 07:10

tomzero wrote: If you haven't checked it out, I'd highly recommend Shinya Shokudo.
Apparently, there's a Korean version that's on now, but I Haven't seen
it. I also liked Coffee-ya no Hitobito. On a completely different note,
I did watch and really enjoy Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san, but it's not
quite in the same genre :-)
Hey! Thanks for answering! Sorry I didn't get back before; I was out on vacation :_. I'm definitely trying them all.

JackBauer2424 wrote:Food
drama: Lunch Queen (Lunch no Joou) starring very pretty Yuko Takeuchi,
but with shorter hair. Demiglace sauce this. Demiglace sauce
that.
Thanks! Another one I can't find in my regular places though. Ideas? ;)

UsagiYojimbo wrote: From top of my head:
  • Osen : About a traditional restaurant, but mostly about its people...
  • Sushi Oji : It is about a martial art / sushi chef student, who gets
    through training in both at the same time...
  • Hungry! : It is about a guy, who left his rock band to revive his
    parent's French restaurant...
  • Dinner : About an Italian restaurant...
Also some Movies:
  • Chonmage Purin : About a jobless samurai, that slips to through time,
    to become a patisser...
  • Tampopo : This movie consist scenes that are loosely connected, but
    all centered around food.
    There is also a main storyline: Some truck drivers help a widow to
    revive her ramen shop...
  • The Ramen Girl : American girlfriend left alone in Tokyo decides to
    become a ramen chef...
  • Nonchan Noriben : About a single mom, and her starting a bento making
    business...
  • Sukiyaki : The prisoners are given sukiyaki once in a while, (which
    is a traditional family meal,) so they can remember their
    families...
Oh, and there are also many episodes of Begin Japanology, that
deals with food, from bento and wasabi to school meals and kaiseki
cuisine (that is western cuisine, with a Japanese touch)...
Oh man, this list should keep me going for months. Thank you. It's just a
shame that they are so hard to find sometimes. Is there a japanology
pack somewhere?
Last edited by str5x on Aug 18th, '15, 08:06, edited 3 times in total.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 20th, '15, 03:04

Ramen Girl is one of my all time favorites starring Brittney Murphy and the short stocky older actor from I'm Home & Musashi, Space Battleship Yamato. The scene where he tells her to come at 5am and she keeps high fiving him was so funny. The ending song was good too.

I watched the first episode of Kaeru no Oujo-sama (about choir) that I saw recommended by someone else, and I didn't like it. Characters weren't interesting. Neither was the story.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Aug 20th, '15, 22:58

str5x wrote:It's just a shame that they are so hard to find sometimes. Is there a japanology pack somewhere?
AvistaZ has a lot of Begin Japanology: there are some seasons, and also some standalone episodes, too...
Also, all of the above mentioned dorama and movies can be downloaded from my FTP server...

str5x

Post by str5x » Aug 21st, '15, 20:09

UsagiYojimbo wrote:
str5x wrote:It's just a shame that they are so hard to find sometimes. Is there a japanology pack somewhere?
AvistaZ has a lot of Begin Japanology: there are some seasons, and also some standalone episodes, too...
Also, all of the above mentioned dorama and movies can be downloaded from my FTP server...
Daisuki da yo :wub: :D

JackBauer2424 wrote:Ramen Girl is one of my all time favorites starring Brittney Murphy and the short stocky older actor from I'm Home & Musashi, Space Battleship Yamato. The scene where he tells her to come at 5am and she keeps high fiving him was so funny. The ending song was good too.

I watched the first episode of Kaeru no Oujo-sama (about choir) that I saw recommended by someone else, and I didn't like it. Characters weren't interesting. Neither was the story.
I'm burning through the list like crazy ( thanks god for vacation) , but I guess it's time to prioritize this one. Let's see if I can find it :study:
Last edited by str5x on Aug 21st, '15, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 24th, '15, 05:20

Priceless was not bad, not super duper either. Same with Strawberry Night.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Aug 29th, '15, 06:58

Hi :D
Can someone suggest me good:
-Woman power, career drama (like BOSS, Doctor X, nasake no onna, haken no hinkaku, etc etc)?
-Comedy (Not the foolish one, but rather thought provoking. Something like Oniyome Nikki and Kekkon dekinai otoko would be fine ;) )
Thanks

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 29th, '15, 13:24

Strawberry Night has strong female as the only female squad/section leader of the police detectives.

Hunter Sono Onna Tachi has a group of women coming together to do bounty hunting. It's not super serious.

Hana Yori Dango has strong high school/college girl fighting back against privileged bullies.

I've never thought of a non-foolish comedy before. Not sure if such a thing exists. I prefer goofy characters like in Mr. Brain.

Koshonin has strong willed woman as the only woman police field negotiator.

Kemonomichi might fall under career strong woman. Maybe Monster Parent too. I tend to like to watch Ryoko Yonekura.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Aug 29th, '15, 15:39

uedajirou wrote:Can someone suggest me good:
-Woman power, career drama (like BOSS, Doctor X, nasake no onna, haken no hinkaku, etc etc)?
-Comedy (Not the foolish one, but rather thought provoking. Something like Oniyome Nikki and Kekkon dekinai otoko would be fine ;) )
From Top of my head:
  • Suppri (A career woman thinks men as only supplements to her work. Or something like that...)
  • Kimi wa Petto (Single woman takes in a boy, as a pet.)
  • Kiina (Detective with special "talent"...)
  • Gokusen (Daughter of a yakuza family teaches in a high school...)
  • Pro Golfer Hana (OL becomes professional golfer)
  • Tokyo Friends (Country girl travels to Tokyo, and becomes famous rock singer...) This concludes in a movie of the same title...
  • Star no Koi (Movie star announces she's marrying a company employee, noone ever heard of...)
  • Muscle Girl (The daughter takes her father's role as the manager of the all female wrestling team.)
  • Sailor Fuku to Kikanju (A schoolgirl becomes the leader of a yakuza gang.) There are multiple versions of this story, may fav. is the 2006. one.
  • Alice no Toge (Woman becomes a surgeon, to frame the doctors, who killed her father.)
  • Ikemen desu ne (Rock band gets new singer, but something has happened with him, so the manager secretly exchanges him with his twin sister, who is a nun...)
Edit:
Some of these, like Kekkon dekinai otoko, Ikemen desu ne and Kimi wa Petto has Korean adaptation, too.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Aug 29th, '15, 17:10

JackBauer2424 wrote:Strawberry Night has strong female as the only female squad/section leader of the police detectives.

Hunter Sono Onna Tachi has a group of women coming together to do bounty hunting. It's not super serious.

Hana Yori Dango has strong high school/college girl fighting back against privileged bullies.

I've never thought of a non-foolish comedy before. Not sure if such a thing exists. I prefer goofy characters like in Mr. Brain.

Koshonin has strong willed woman as the only woman police field negotiator.

Kemonomichi might fall under career strong woman. Maybe Monster Parent too. I tend to like to watch Ryoko Yonekura.
Thanks for all your suggestion. I tend to watch Yone-tan's drama too (along with Amami Yuki's). They are my most favorite actresses haha. Unfortunately, I have watched all your suggestions XD. Do you have other dramas to recommend haha . Maybe any genre is okay as long it is good and not too dark. (Not for the mood of dark dramas like Kemonomichi now. Feeling a bit down and need more laugh haha).

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Aug 29th, '15, 17:12

UsagiYojimbo wrote:
uedajirou wrote:Can someone suggest me good:
From Top of my head:
  • Suppri (A career woman thinks men as only supplements to her work. Or something like that...)
  • Kimi wa Petto (Single woman takes in a boy, as a pet.)
  • Kiina (Detective with special "talent"...)
  • Gokusen (Daughter of a yakuza family teaches in a high school...)
  • Pro Golfer Hana (OL becomes professional golfer)
  • Tokyo Friends (Country girl travels to Tokyo, and becomes famous rock singer...) This concludes in a movie of the same title...
  • Star no Koi (Movie star announces she's marrying a company employee, noone ever heard of...)
  • Muscle Girl (The daughter takes her father's role as the manager of the all female wrestling team.)
  • Sailor Fuku to Kikanju (A schoolgirl becomes the leader of a yakuza gang.) There are multiple versions of this story, may fav. is the 2006. one.
  • Alice no Toge (Woman becomes a surgeon, to frame the doctors, who killed her father.)
  • Ikemen desu ne (Rock band gets new singer, but something has happened with him, so the manager secretly exchanges him with his twin sister, who is a nun...)
Edit:
Some of these, like Kekkon dekinai otoko, Ikemen desu ne and Kimi wa Petto has Korean adaptation, too.
Thanks.. I love Pro Golfer hana. The jokes are a bit childish but so funny lol. And the comedic act between the coach, Hana and Hana's friend never failed to crack me up. Kiina is not bad but too repetetive I guess. Will try other dramas u mentioned.

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 1st, '15, 13:55

uedajirou wrote:Hi :D
Can someone suggest me good:
Thanks
Can't believe no one suggest:
> Shomuni aka Power Office Girls : Woman power + career drama + comedy http://asianwiki.com/Power_Office_Girls
> Jyouou : Woman power + night career drama http://asianwiki.com/Jyouou

> Jyouou Virgin : Girl power + just grad + night career http://asianwiki.com/Jyouou_Virgin
> Hagane no Onna : Woman power + rebound from failed marriage engagement http://asianwiki.com/The_Woman_of_Steel ... no_Onna%29

> Change : Parlimentarian secretary who groom the lead character into #1 leader in Japan http://asianwiki.com/Change_%282008-Japan-Fuji_TV%29
> Goen Hanta : The Fotress of Customer Service in search of marriage partner http://asianwiki.com/Goen_Hunter

> Ando Lloyd A.I. knows Love : Sister of the brilliant professor who created most powerful android http://asianwiki.com/Ando_Lloyd_-_A.I._Knows_Love_%3F
> Hero : funny in serious legal setting http://asianwiki.com/Hero_%282001-Japan-Fuji_TV%29
Enjoy.

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 1st, '15, 14:04

Suggestions:
1. Hero : not too serious investigative with a touch of comedy http://asianwiki.com/Hero_%282001-Japan-Fuji_TV%29
2. Proposal Daisakusen : high school friends then grew into something http://asianwiki.com/Operation_Love
3. Nodame Cantabile : musical drama played by Rookie of the Year award winner http://asianwiki.com/Nodame_Cantabile

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Sep 2nd, '15, 19:10

UsagiYojimbo wrote:Oh, and there are also many episodes of Begin Japanology, that deals with food, from bento and wasabi to school meals and kaiseki cuisine (that is western cuisine, with a Japanese touch)...
Oops, kaiseki is a multi course Japanese style meal.
It is yōshoku, that is the western style meals, with Japanese touch,,,

Zephuros

can someone recommend me more medical J-dramas?

Post by Zephuros » Sep 5th, '15, 06:52

I've finished watching all Doctor-X, Dr. Raintaro and Iryu episodes/seasons....

I only knew these three, are there more awesome doctor/medical-related dramas? Please recommend them to me..!

Thank you!

7mi12
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: can someone recommend me more medical J-dramas?

Post by 7mi12 » Sep 5th, '15, 09:05

Code Blue, I heard that's good also *haven't watch it actually*

Alice no Toge is quite good too, but mixed with revenge-theme~
Clinic on The sea (Shota Matsuda - Emi Takei) also quite good and amusing. :thumleft:

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Sep 6th, '15, 06:59

Zephuros wrote:I've finished watching all Doctor-X, Dr. Raintaro and Iryu episodes/seasons....
I only knew these three, are there more awesome doctor/medical-related dramas? Please recommend them to me..!
From top of my head:
  • Dr. Koto Tokyo surgeon goes to a small island to become a GP...
  • DOCTORS Brilliant surgeon punishes corrupt ones...
  • SATORARE "Satorare" is a phrase, that is used on people, whom thoughts are audible to everyone around them. This dorama is about a satorare doctor...
  • JIN Surgeon slips back in time to the 19th century, meets historical figures, like Sakamoto Ryoma, and in Season 2, also changes history, in a very unique way...

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 6th, '15, 17:54

Zephuros wrote:I've finished watching all Doctor-X, Dr. Raintaro and Iryu episodes/seasons....

Thank you!
I recommend Team Batista 3 (Do not confuse it with Iryuu). The second season is a failure, but team Batista 3 is a quite great medical drama with lots of mysteries to ponder upon. Best season among the franchise. The chemistry between the two main character is so good (unfortunately, unused in the season 2), that I want them to end up together romanticaly . (both are male thou haha). Season 1 isnt that great, but I think u should watch season 1 before season 3, since it introduce the two charas. . You can probably skip season 2 altogether lol.
Too bad the head nurse Natori Yuko appears very few times in season 2 and 3. (Still downloading season 4 lol.. )

Tbh, nothing beats Doctor X (strong, lone-wolf woman against bureaucracy <3. This really inspires me and give me spirits to do well in career!! ) and team batista 3
as a drama (not just medical drama). Doctors 3, unfortunately is quite meh. The antagonist is very fun to watch , but the story is kinda.. aimless. The first season is not bad thou and in fact, among the better one. You should try season one of doctors i think. This is one of the rare dramas where the side cast (aka the 'antagonist', suguru sensei ) outshadow the main doctor (sagara sensei).

Alice no toge. if you watch enough japanese dramas, it is very predictable. and the revenge in the end is half-assedly done. (If it is even called revenge to begin with. her method of revenge is sloppy.. which makes the plot very weak!)
The rest of medical dramas (dr koto etc) arent that great.. unless you want to watch for medical knowledge purposes, rather than the plot.

Code blue is among the worst one thou. Their chemistry imho isnt that good. They dont look as a team. Iryu's team is more solid in terms of chemistry than this one. Code blue's team looks pretentious in away.

doramalover11

Post by doramalover11 » Sep 7th, '15, 16:42

I'm looking for dorama about housewives/mom friendship such as:
.Namae o nakushita megami
.Mother game
.Abarenbo mama
Is there any else? Thank u :cheers:

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 8th, '15, 11:59

doramalover11 wrote:I'm looking for dorama about housewives/mom friendship such as:
.Mother game
.Abarenbo mama
Wow.. I love such genre too. Namae wo nakushita megami, is in fact, one of my most favorite drama.
Must watch:
-Oniyome Nikki season 1(Very funny and heartwarming. One of best Japanese family/comedy. The genre is not really just abt mom friendship, but it is one of the BIG highlight! In fact, i love how the two housewives/main chara's friend is greatly influenced by Sanae/main chara)
-Saitou san 1&2 (About strong mum whose initially was hated but gain respect by the mothers around her. Well, not really.. but
it is very heartwarming too, though not as good/deep/heavy as Namae wo Nakushita megami. Love it more than Miother game though)

Another good one (but this focus is not on friendship/housewives, but rather housewives and housedads): At Home dad
(made by same producer of Oniyome Nikki. This was in fact the predecessors. About the real (it was more realistic than oniyome nikki) struggle of housedad to fit in in housewives duty and
environment, and of course, include friendship. As a big bonus, Abe Hiroshi as housedad!)

Housewives/women join power to solve mistery:
-SCANDAL
-HUNTER .. Onna tachi (This is really a stretch but friendship between women of different class and status formed when they are doing Bounty Hunter)
Please give feedback if u watch any of them :D

Zephuros

Post by Zephuros » Sep 8th, '15, 12:47

7mi12 wrote:Code Blue, I heard that's good also *haven't watch it actually*

Alice no Toge is quite good too, but mixed with revenge-theme~
Clinic on The sea (Shota Matsuda - Emi Takei) also quite good and amusing. :thumleft:
thank you! i'm enjoying both code blue and clinic on the sea right now xD!
UsagiYojimbo wrote:
From top of my head:
  • SATORARE "Satorare" is a phrase, that is used on people, whom thoughts are audible to everyone around them. This dorama is about a satorare doctor...
  • JIN Surgeon slips back in time to the 19th century, meets historical figures, like Sakamoto Ryoma, and in Season 2, also changes history, in a very unique way...
oh, is that Dr.Koto from the same name of the manga!? (i didn't know there was a live series !)

I'm checking out Doctors, will do later for satorare and JIN :D!
uedajirou wrote: I recommend Team Batista 3 (Do not confuse it with Iryuu). The second season is a failure, but team Batista 3 is a quite great medical drama with lots of mysteries to ponder upon. Best season among the franchise. The chemistry between the two main character is so good (unfortunately, unused in the season 2), that I want them to end up together romanticaly . (both are male thou haha). Season 1 isnt that great, but I think u should watch season 1 before season 3, since it introduce the two charas. . You can probably skip season 2 altogether lol.
Too bad the head nurse Natori Yuko appears very few times in season 2 and 3. (Still downloading season 4 lol.. )

Tbh, nothing beats Doctor X (strong, lone-wolf woman against bureaucracy <3. This really inspires me and give me spirits to do well in career!! ) and team batista 3
as a drama (not just medical drama). Doctors 3, unfortunately is quite meh. The antagonist is very fun to watch , but the story is kinda.. aimless. The first season is not bad thou and in fact, among the better one. You should try season one of doctors i think. This is one of the rare dramas where the side cast (aka the 'antagonist', suguru sensei ) outshadow the main doctor (sagara sensei).
guess I'll start Team Batista with the first season and see if the 2nd's season acceptable before skipping to the 3rd.. (i usually dislike skipping episodes or seasons unless it's horribly horrible ;-;")

lol, Doctor X, I like that series too! especially the first one xD
(although i felt the more episodes were out, the more unreasonable/too exaggerate it is.... ;-;"
well, not like i have watched that much dramas though... in terms of medical story/explanation i prefer Iryu over @@"..)

I really love the 1st season though, many things were unexpected..(i really didn't think such thing would slip into the bloodstream through a wound..!), the 2nd season's male lead(?) is great, his role and character is much more prominent than the 1st lol"
as for the 3rd... that's where i felt they exaggerated too much (and without much explanations/medical surprising things unlike the 1st season...
they kinda came in like, ok here i got this cancer/tumor which is REAAAAALLY difficult to remove/do surgery with, then Daimon-sensei just removes it out, done.... @_@")

and well, another reason i love the 1st season is because the cool/calm Jounouchi-sensei :3
(imo she doesn't have that much of a spot/significant to the plot in season 2 and 3.... ;-;", and she's more of a cheerful than the quiet/strict in season 1 << not exactly a bad thing though)
uedajirou wrote:
doramalover11 wrote:I'm looking for dorama about housewives/mom friendship such as:
.Mother game
.Abarenbo mama
Wow.. I love such genre too. Namae wo nakushita megami, is in fact, one of my most favorite drama.
Must watch:
-Oniyome Nikki season 1(Very funny and heartwarming. One of best Japanese family/comedy. The genre is not really just abt mom friendship, but it is one of the BIG highlight! In fact, i love how the two housewives/main chara's friend is greatly influenced by Sanae/main chara)
-Saitou san 1&2 (About strong mum whose initially was hated but gain respect by the mothers around her. Well, not really.. but
it is very heartwarming too, though not as good/deep/heavy as Namae wo Nakushita megami. Love it more than Miother game though)

Another good one (but this focus is not on friendship/housewives, but rather housewives and housedads): At Home dad
(made by same producer of Oniyome Nikki. This was in fact the predecessors. About the real (it was more realistic than oniyome nikki) struggle of housedad to fit in in housewives duty and
environment, and of course, include friendship. As a big bonus, Abe Hiroshi as housedad!)

-SCANDAL
-HUNTER .. Onna tachi (This is really a stretch but friendship between women of different class and status formed when they are doing Bounty Hunter)
omg, i didn't know there was this kinda of genre for (any) drama series!?

thank you for asking/giving more series for me to watch xD!
(i've always wanted to know more deep in detail about japanese lifestyles, their houses, culture, and environments...)
the summary/plot for each series is very interesting too...!

i tried searching, and i got the subs for Namae o Nakushita Megami, Mother Game, Abarenbo Mama
I can't find the raws, where can I get them?
(as for Saitou-san that sounds really like the housewife version of Doctor X.....LOL"
i can't find any raws&subs though :/")
where (or how) can i watch these housewife/family genre series...?

-----

Thank you everyone xD! (now i'll have a bunch of medical&new series i need to watch lol!)

p.s. oh i'm talking too much now huh loL"

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 8th, '15, 13:16

Well, Unlike the Iryu, Doctor X is more plot driven and it is not pure medical drama but more like ippiki ookami (lone wolf) against bureaucraucy, particularly women (which is still prejudiced in Japan.That is why lotsof fans of the series are women, compared to Iryu for exampe . This series is kinda specially catered for Japanese market). That is why less attention on medical explanation, but rather politics and how the main chara responds to it. Idk, but the less they focus on the medical part, the higher the rating it is in season 2. That is why they are overdoing it in season3. I would say season 3 is really rushed indeed. It was less fascinating in a way than season 1 and season 2. But it was surprising to see japanese public says otherwise, where lots of people says season 3 is more better in their opinion. They even love tiniest details. Like the episode when Hara comes back and cries in front of the doctors, the videos were like all over the net. And also like the part where Daimon says to Kaji "To the patient, you are the only doctor!". etc etc.

Iryu thou.. idk but the explaination in the medical conditions are great. But nothing much to enjoy in the plot-wise. I mean, not all audience loves medical term without plot.
Team Batista is quite balanced in terms of plots, mystery and medical condition. Though, they are from different angle.

You can find all videos in asiatorrents

Zephuros

Post by Zephuros » Sep 8th, '15, 13:35

uedajirou wrote:Well, Unlike the Iryu, Doctor X is more plot driven and it is not pure medical drama but more like ippiki ookami (lone wolf) against bureaucraucy, particularly women (which is still prejudiced in Japan.That is why lotsof fans of the series are women, compared to Iryu for exampe . This series is kinda specially catered for Japanese market). That is why less attention on medical explanation, but rather politics and how the main chara responds to it. Idk, but the less they focus on the medical part, the higher the rating it is in season 2. That is why they are overdoing it in season3. I would say season 3 is really rushed indeed. It was less fascinating in a way than season 1 and season 2. But it was surprising to see japanese public says otherwise, where lots of people says season 3 is more better in their opinion. They even love tiniest details. Like the episode when Hara comes back and cries in front of the doctors, the videos were like all over the net. And also like the part where Daimon says to Kaji "To the patient, you are the only doctor!". etc etc.

Iryu thou.. idk but the explaination in the medical conditions are great. But nothing much to enjoy in the plot-wise. I mean, not all audience loves medical term without plot.
Team Batista is quite balanced in terms of plots, mystery and medical condition. Though, they are from different angle.

You can find all videos in asiatorrents
Yes, "ippiki ookami", that tagline repeated in every episode :D
(what was the rest? burei wo kirai, sokube wo kirai, then something something wo kirai xDDD" still gotta listen/watch more J-dramas.. they speak SO much faster than animes/audio dramas lol"!)

oh..really? I didn't know people in Japan (or anywhere else) prefers it that way @_@".... (i'm not in into any drama communities/news yet, relatively new here Dx")

but i guess so... i mean if i didn't have medical knowledge i guess I won't understand Iryu
(like my friends, alot of them love Doctor X, but they said Iryu is too hard for them to understand)

but for the plot... season 3's still too...straightforward @__@"
(especially how they ended the last ep in a few minutes is where i felt it was really really bad :/")

but isn't politics/bureacraucy in almost every movie/drama..? (I don't know about this, but at least dramas in my country are like that o-o" they used it as a plot though, but never solved or overcame..)

don't they have small details in every episodes since season 1? like how Jounouchi-sensei is always playing around with things while she is bored xD

---
p.s. thanks for the site,
edit:
you're right...! i can find most torrents here...with seeders......!! omg, thank you so much xD!!!!
(i still can't find Kenji Onijima Heihachiro though...whether raws or subs..i guess no one watches this at all OTL||| *sobs*)

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 8th, '15, 13:55

.Mother game
.Abarenbo mama
Try Goen Hunter
and Dirty Mama

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 8th, '15, 14:00

Thank you!
Bull Doctor which revolves around autopsy http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bull_Doctor

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 8th, '15, 14:08

It did felt quite rushed. But imho, the last two episodes, especially about the last two episodes were really great, imho. Well, maybe beside the vague ending. But jdrama often has vague, confusing ending lol. ANd there are Indeed lots of qns posted in sns about the ending. (Btw, the last episode reach peaks viewership of 31.1% or 31.3%, I cant remember.
some of them asked in boards and sns and even yahoo qns about whether the ending was that daimon sensei failed and the subsequent scene was just a dream. afterall, it was different from the usual ending. and there is no transition between the surgery and the subsequent scene. But many refutes this claim thou
. The third season does incorporate lots of current japanese trend which the writer includes: kabedon (i remember this scene was mistranslated in the english sub), dame yo dame dame, furikome sagi (well, this is old haha), etc etc. The third season is created differently than the two seasons, which I regretted too. This time round, Daimon sensei somehow made lots of great quote abt what good doctor is and even there was one episode on akira san explaining on why she said 'she never fails' and Jyounouchi sensei explain abt Daimon's good pt.
In the ending, Tendo souchou was touched by Daimon's genuinity and focus on the original aim of medicine. Ebina kyouji , for the first time, do not suck up to his boss, which he always had done. etc etc. The head nurse, etc etc. It was rather shown how Daimon Michiko changed the environment, whether it is shown obviously or not.
. I wish the season 4 next year will come back to its original route and doesnt end up like Doctors and Iryu lol.
I will post the narration later.

Zephuros

Post by Zephuros » Sep 8th, '15, 14:20

KoChun wrote:

Thank you!
Bull Doctor which revolves around autopsy http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bull_Doctor
yay! thank you!! something's that not mainly about surgery(lol) xD!
uedajirou wrote:It did felt quite rushed. But imho, the last two episodes, especially about the last two episodes were really great, imho. Well, maybe beside the vague ending. But jdrama often has vague, confusing ending lol. ANd there are Indeed lots of qns posted in sns about the ending. (Btw, the last episode reach peaks viewership of 31.1% or 31.3%, I cant remember.
some of them asked in boards and sns and even yahoo qns about whether the ending was that daimon sensei failed and the subsequent scene was just a dream. afterall, it was different from the usual ending. and there is no transition between the surgery and the subsequent scene. But many refutes this claim thou
. The third season does incorporate lots of current japanese trend which the writer includes: kabedon (i remember this scene was mistranslated in the english sub), dame yo dame dame, furikome sagi (well, this is old haha), etc etc. The third season is created differently than the two seasons, which I regretted too. This time round, Daimon sensei somehow made lots of great quote abt what good doctor is and even there was one episode on akira san explaining on why she said 'she never fails' and Jyounouchi sensei explain abt Daimon's good pt.
In the ending, Tendo souchou was touched by Daimon's genuinity and focus on the original aim of medicine. Ebina kyouji , for the first time, do not suck up to his boss, which he always had done. etc etc. The head nurse, etc etc. It was rather shown how Daimon Michiko changed the environment, whether it is shown obviously or not.
. I wish the season 4 next year will come back to its original route and doesnt end up like Doctors and Iryu lol.
I will post the narration later.
yeah the ending... i thought i was the only one that thought that to myself!?, and the few minutes of ending felt really really weird to me
but the other people (around me) only thought like "dang, it ended already, i need more!" without any questions ;-;"

some even said to me since she cured her shishou so there's nothing greater than that @_@"????
since i mean like, it's like gosh-dwam near impossible to remove all those...!!
just on tumor in the brain is already freaggin' hard to survive/go back to normal life, which is why i said it exaggerates so much @_@"
and yes, i do think that the souchou in the 3rd season was the best/pretty different from the other two, not so predictable/same old corrupted like the previous two lol"

boy, i'm always late to discuss any shows/anime/series TT^TT"
(i'm like, literally freakin' crazy with this show primary because of Jounouchi-sensei)

anything's fine, as long as i get MOAR Uchida Yuki, medical-related series, and more to learn about Japanese and its tradition/culture...! :D

doramalover11

Post by doramalover11 » Sep 8th, '15, 20:52

KoChun wrote: Try Goen Hunter
and Dirty Mama
I've read the synopsis @asianwiki, Karina is on Dirty Mama's cast too, interesting!
I'll watch it later, thank you! :thumright:
Zephuros wrote: omg, i didn't know there was this kinda of genre for (any) drama series!?

(i've always wanted to know more deep in detail about japanese lifestyles, their houses, culture, and environments...)

i tried searching, and i got the subs for Namae o Nakushita Megami, Mother Game, Abarenbo Mama
(as for Saitou-san that sounds really like the housewife version of Doctor X.....LOL"
Hii, i also really interested in japanese lifestyle and environment that's why i love that kind of drama.
I watched that drama in http://www.dramanice.tv
You can also download it there. Hope you enjoy!
uedajirou wrote: Wow.. I love such genre too. Namae wo nakushita megami, is in fact, one of my most favorite drama.
Must watch:

-SCANDAL
Really thanks! :cheers:
I start watching Saito San and downloading Oniyome Nikki.
Arisa mizuki is lead star in both of drama. She even plays a lead in Goen Hunter.
Since i watched her in Tenshi no Wakemae, i love her acting! Can't wait to watch her again! XD
I've interested in At Home Dad from long time ago because Abe Hiroshi is on it
Sadly, i just keep it on my list. I'll watch it for sure :D

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Sep 9th, '15, 19:50

Zephuros wrote:
UsagiYojimbo wrote:
oh, is that Dr.Koto from the same name of the manga!? (i didn't know there was a live series !)
I'm checking out Doctors, will do later for satorare and JIN :D!
Yes, it is the same Dr. Koto...
JIN also has a Korean version, titled "Time Slip Dr Jin"...

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 9th, '15, 20:20

doramalover11 wrote:
KoChun wrote: Try Goen Hunter
and Dirty Mama
I've read the synopsis @asianwiki, Karina is on Dirty Mama's cast too, interesting!
I'll watch it later, thank you! :thumright:
Zephuros wrote: omg, i didn't know there was this kinda of genre for (any) drama series!?

Hii, i also really interested in japanese lifestyle and environment that's why i love that kind of drama.
I watched that drama in http://www.dramanice.tv
You can also download it there. Hope you enjoy!
uedajirou wrote: Wow.. I love such genre too. Namae wo nakushita megami, is in fact, one of my most favorite drama.
Must watch:

-SCANDAL
Really thanks! :cheers:
I start watching Saito San and downloading Oniyome Nikki.
Arisa mizuki is lead star in both of drama. She even plays a lead in Goen Hunter.
Since i watched her in Tenshi no Wakemae, i love her acting! Can't wait to watch her again! XD
I've interested in At Home Dad from long time ago because Abe Hiroshi is on it
Sadly, i just keep it on my list. I'll watch it for sure :D
I love her acting too!!
Well I have been loving her dramas, even romance one like Ohitorisama haha. But the one that level her up in my favorite actress is Oniyome Nikki. I have rewatched few times and it cant get old lol. So funny and it pushes me want to have courage like her haha. Too bad the season 2 is not as funny :(. It seems like they change the director ot something :x. But in oniyome nikki, there are few of reference to At Home dad lol. Aftterall, the two charas and the housing at Oniyome nikki (season 1 only) are the same with at home dad

Zephuros

Post by Zephuros » Sep 11th, '15, 18:00

(gawd, i haven't finished watching my previous J-dramas and now i'm asking for more!?)

recently my friend made me hooked with the airing Ishi no Mayu...
(and I'm also watching BaysideShakedown and Galileo, loved both)

can someone suggest me more of the japanese's police/crime/suspense/mystery series (ooh, i love these pressure/dark/psychological moments :D"", need moar)
and series like Liar Game, Bloody Monday (tension/thriller, stories that involves using alot of brains&thinking/planning)
Last edited by Zephuros on Sep 12th, '15, 08:37, edited 3 times in total.

kyuragi

Post by kyuragi » Sep 11th, '15, 20:58

Hi!
I didn't watch many jdramas but i'm very interested so i'm looking for suggestion! Both films and tv shows are welcome.
I like music-centered dramas, romcoms are okay of course, comedy - if it's not too esaggerated, it's too embarassing, ahah! - is welcome as well! I like it more when it leaves you with your heart half broken. I don't like the "the girl in disguise as a boy" thing, so, if there's something without it...well, good! And...Also yakuza things are welcome as well, or money/power related (?). Did i already said i like them more when they leave you with your heart half broken, right?
I usually look for this kind of things, if you have any suggestion please, tell me! Thank you! :wub:

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Sep 12th, '15, 01:13

Hi guys!!
I was more into Kdramas so i'm a total stranger to JDramas.i'd be really grateful to anyone who can suggest me dramas from genres like high school and romance and sites to download them... ^_^
Thank you...!!!

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 12th, '15, 10:09

kdramalover1996 wrote:Hi guys!!
I was more into Kdramas so i'm a total stranger to JDramas.i'd be really grateful to anyone who can suggest me dramas from genres like high school and romance and sites to download them... ^_^
Thank you...!!!
Jdramas can be found here
http://jdramacity.blogspot.se/
http://raredoramas.info/
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=5_ ... erm=jdrama

Asunaro Hakusho
http://raredoramas.info/page/asunaro-ha ... 9B%B8-1993

Orange Days
http://bitsnoop.com/orange-days-e01-11- ... 44746.html
Subtitles: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129663
Seed Request topic: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/threadi ... uests.html

I have both the dramas, but I'm seeding enough, until September 15th.

kdramalover1996

Post by kdramalover1996 » Sep 12th, '15, 13:29

Keiko1981 wrote:
Thank you...!!!
Jdramas can be found here
http://jdramacity.blogspot.se/
http://raredoramas.info/
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=5_ ... erm=jdrama

Asunaro Hakusho
http://raredoramas.info/page/asunaro-ha ... 9B%B8-1993

Orange Days
http://bitsnoop.com/orange-days-e01-11- ... 44746.html
Subtitles: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129663
Seed Request topic: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/threadi ... uests.html

I have both the dramas, but I'm seeding enough, until September 15th.

Thank you for the help keiko

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Sep 12th, '15, 13:45

I am watching Shichinin Onna Bengoshi in youtube. Unfortunately, they only have season 2. Anyone has the first season? Thanks!
It is very interesting drama anyway.

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 13th, '15, 14:11

Thank you...!!!
GTO
Proposal Daisakusen
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 13th, '15, 14:12

kyuragi wrote:Hi!
I didn't watch many jdramas but i'm very interested so i'm looking for suggestion! Both films and tv shows are welcome.
I like music-centered dramas, romcoms are okay of course, comedy - if it's not too esaggerated, it's too embarassing, ahah! - is welcome as well! I like it more when it leaves you with your heart half broken. I don't like the "the girl in disguise as a boy" thing, so, if there's something without it...well, good! And...Also yakuza things are welcome as well, or money/power related (?). Did i already said i like them more when they leave you with your heart half broken, right?
I usually look for this kind of things, if you have any suggestion please, tell me! Thank you! :wub:
Nodame Cantabile
Maestro 2014

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 13th, '15, 14:19

Zephuros wrote:(gawd, i haven't finished watching my previous J-dramas and now i'm asking for more!?)

recently my friend made me hooked with the airing Ishi no Mayu...
(and I'm also watching BaysideShakedown and Galileo, loved both)

can someone suggest me more of the japanese's police/crime/suspense/mystery series (ooh, i love these pressure/dark/psychological moments :D"", need moar)
and series like Liar Game, Bloody Monday (tension/thriller, stories that involves using alot of brains&thinking/planning)
Bitter Blood
Dirty Mama
Hero

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Sep 13th, '15, 20:27

Zephuros wrote:can someone suggest me more of the japanese's police/crime/suspense/mystery series (ooh, i love these pressure/dark/psychological moments :D"", need moar)
My fav. crime dorama is Shinzanmon: In each episode the protagonists investigate different suspects just to clear them... Well, except the last one...
From the top of my head (some comedic ones first):
  • Deka Wanko A girl with a "better-than-a-dog's" sense of smell becomes detective...
  • Fugō Keiji Granddaughter of a millionaire becomes policewoman, and helps in ways normal police operations cannot afford...
  • Trick Useless prof with a female magician solve mystic and unnatural cases. Has 3 seasons, some TV and movie films, too...
  • Sakura "Chameleon" policewoman investigates covertly, even from her coworkers...
  • Tantei Gakuen Q School-kids (from 1st grader to university dropout) solve crimes. First comes TV movie and then the dorama.
  • Tobo Bengoshi Lawyer is accused with the murder of his mentor and boss. While he is running from police and his former coworkers, still trying to help people...
  • Joker A secret society punishes criminals the police cannot arrest...
My other favorite is Playgirl, a Japanese Charlie's Angels prequel... (Playgirl Q was a not too well received spin-off.)

fnisse

Post by fnisse » Sep 17th, '15, 14:02

Anything similar?
Season 5 of Kodoku No Gurume will begin October 2. There are also a bunch of specials all this month (September).

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Sep 17th, '15, 17:51

Any good funny drama this Fall?

I miss My Boss My Hero /Tokkyo Tanaka 3 go style dramas!

Zephuros

Post by Zephuros » Sep 19th, '15, 11:46

(how do you delete posts.. i accidentally double posted, sorry OTL)
Last edited by Zephuros on Sep 19th, '15, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

Zephuros

Post by Zephuros » Sep 19th, '15, 11:47

hello again o_O"

a female friend of mine had asked me dramas with genres about musical, food, occupation-related (that is not about housedads/wives, doctors and lawyers) - like business stuff, architectural, a tv show about movie/drama making or something else.....?? (is there even one??),s
suspense/thriller with atypical settings..(she said she once saw a drama about submarines..? but didn't know what the title/name is...),
and a story about "two (or more) people with uncommon relationships"...(I have no idea what she means, but i guess probably maybe something like people of different family/background staying together because of something..??)

and i haven't watched any of them yet..so i was hoping for recommendations from here @_@" (still busy watching majorly medical/crime-police series here in which she says she finds it boring with doctors and straightforwards plots lol")

thankyou!

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Sep 20th, '15, 07:32

Zephuros wrote:a female friend of mine had asked me dramas with genres about musical, food, occupation-related (that is not about housedads/wives, doctors and lawyers) - like business stuff or architectural or something else.....?? (is there even one??),s
suspense/thriller with atypical settings..(she said she once saw a drama about submarines..? but didn't know what the title/name is...),
and a story about "two (or more) people with uncommon relationships"...(I have no idea what she means, but i guess probably maybe something like people of different family/background staying together because of something..??)
From the top of my head: :whistling: (Actually, just edited my previous answers together...)
  • Music
    • Nodame Cantabile: Very eccentric girl plays the piano...
    • Ikemen Desu Ne: Boyband gets a new singer, but he gets into trouble (?), so the manager gets his twin sister (a nun) for stepping in, without the knowledge of the boys...
    • Mendol: Three girls running from the yakuza, take male clothes, and get casted as a boy-band...
    There is also the movie Oresama: A pop-star gets back in time to help his younger self in soccer, among others...
  • Food
    • Osen: About a traditional restaurant, but mostly about its people...
    • Sushi Oji!: It is about a martial art / sushi chef student, who gets through training in both at the same time...
    • Hungry!: It is about a guy, who left his rock band to revive his parent's French restaurant...
    • Dinner: About an Italian restaurant...
    Also some Movies:
    • Chonmage Purin: About a jobless samurai, that slips to through time, to become a patisser...
    • Tampopo: This movie consist of scenes that are loosely connected, but all centered around food.
      There is also a main storyline: Some truck drivers help a widow to revive her ramen shop...
    • The Ramen Girl: American girlfriend left alone in Tokyo become a ramen chef...
    • Nonchan Noriben: About a single mom, and her starting a bento making business...
    Oh, and there are also many episodes of Begin Japanology, that deals with food, from bento, wasabi, and tsukemono (pickles) to school meals, and yōshoku (that is western cuisine, with a Japanese touch)...
  • Occupation
    • Suppri(A career woman thinks men as only supplements to her work. Or something like that...)
    • Gokusen(Daughter of a yakuza family teaches in a high school...) It has (if i remember correctly) 3 seasons...
    • 3 nen B gumi Kimpachi Sensei (A middle-school teacher's everyday life.) There are 8 seasons, from about the '0's to the 2000's, all seasons centers around common problems of the time in schools. Also features many child-actors/actresses who later became famous, EG: Ueto Aya...
    • Pro Golfer Hana(OL becomes professional golfer)
    • Tokyo Friends(Country girl travels to Tokyo, and becomes famous rock singer...) This concludes in a movie of the same title...
    • Star no Koi(Movie star announces she's marrying a company employee, no one ever heard of...)
    • Muscle Girl!(The daughter takes her father's role as the manager of the all female wrestling team.)
    • Sailor Fuku to Kikanju A schoolgirl becomes the leader of a yakuza gang. There are multiple versions of this story, may fav. is this 2006. one.
  • Suspense/Thriller
    • Kiina Detective with special "talent"...
    • Deka Wanko A girl with a "better-than-a-dog's" sense of smell becomes detective...
    • Fugō Keiji Granddaughter of a millionaire becomes policewoman, and helps in ways normal police operations cannot afford...
    • Trick Useless prof with a female magician solve mystic and unnatural cases. Has 3 seasons, some TV and movie films, too...
    • Sakura "Chameleon" policewoman investigates covertly, even from her coworkers...
    • Tantei Gakuen Q School-kids (from 1st grader to university dropout) solve crimes. First comes TV movie and then the dorama.
    • Alice no Toge(Woman becomes a surgeon, to frame the doctors, who killed her father.)
  • Uncommon relationship
    • Kimi wa Petto Single woman takes in a boy, as a pet.
    • SATORARE "Satorare" is a phrase, that is used on people, whom thoughts are audible to everyone around them. This dorama is about a satorare doctor, and his new female colleague...
    • Kikenna Aneki Sister moves in to her brother's flat, and turns his life upside down...
    • Nobuta wo Produce 2 guys begin to "produce" a bullied girl, to make her the most popular girl in school...

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 26th, '15, 05:43

in2sky wrote:Any good funny drama this Fall?

I miss My Boss My Hero /Tokkyo Tanaka 3 go style dramas!
Try Priceless: There is no such thing

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » Oct 9th, '15, 21:45

UsagiYojimbo wrote:
BoggoSonyeo wrote:Any good Japanese or Korean dramas about Bohemian teenagers or university students? Rock musician, punks and etc.
From the top of my head: :whistling:
- Nodame Cantabile: Very eccentric musicians, however they play classical music...
- Kimi wa Petto: Dancer lives as a pet...
- Ikemen Desu Ne: Rock band gets a new singer, but he gets into trouble (?), so the manager gets his twin sister (a nun) for stepping in...
- Idols: Three girls running from the yakuza, take male clothes, and get casted as a boy-band...
These are Japanese doramas, but i think all of them have Korean adaptation... (Maybe the last one does not... :scratch: )

Edit:
There is also the movie Oresama: A pop-star gets back in time to help his younger self in soccer, etc...
Thanks you so much :-)
Any dramas or movies when daughter falls in love mother's first love and they [mother and daughter] become rivals?

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Oct 17th, '15, 09:04

What else would I like if:

Liked:
Musashi, Lunch no Joou, Summer Nude, Koshonin, Concerto, Long Vacation, Love Generation, Itsumo Futari de, 35 sai koukousei, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Pride, Doctor X, Good Luck, Hero 1, 2, SP, Mr. Brain, Akimahende, Shigotonin, O Hitori Sama, Batsu Kare

Kinda liked:
Deep Love, Cheap Love, Priceless, Majo no Jouken, Hana Yori Dango 1, 2, Final SP, Hunter Sono Onna Tachi, Strawberry Night, Utsukushi Hito, Beautiful Life, My Boss My Hero, Warui Yatsura, Monster Parent, Xenos, Cupid no Itazura, Yaoh

Didn't like:
I'm Home, Tsuki no Koibito, Katagoshi no Koibito, Ando Lloyd, Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi

linwe

Post by linwe » Oct 18th, '15, 01:44

You might like Onna wa Sore wo Yurusanai. It's a girl power legal drama. I'm four episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it.

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Oct 18th, '15, 08:39

Woman power drama is my most favorite genre . Lots of the good one has been mentioned by you. How about:
- Boss (1-2)
-Nasake no Onna
-Koshonin
- First Class season 2
-Jyoou no Kyoushitsu (Well, not really women power)
-Kurokawa no techo
-Kemonomichi
-Isharyou bengoshi (not realy women power, but has some feminist side)
-Shichinin no Onna bengoshi (there is only season 2 on youtube and raredoramas)
-Saitou san
-Oniyome Nikki
-Kaseifu wa mita (TV Asahi, Yonekura ryoko)
-Outburn Marubou no Onna keiji
Im sorry if sone dramas mentioned is alr mentioned by u lol

lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs » Oct 23rd, '15, 01:55

Wanting to do a watching of a drama from each year up till whatever year it happens to be starting with 1990. Is it even possible? I would love suggestions of God stuff to watch. Does have to be subbed.

doramalover11

Post by doramalover11 » Oct 24th, '15, 01:37

Hi all
May i get drama recommendation about Japanese culture or tradition?
That kind of drama i've watched:
1. Osen
2. Ginnikan
3. Gochisousan
4. Mi wo tsukushi ryoricho
5. Erai tokoro ni totsuide shimatta
6. Kamo, Kyoto e iku
But i don't prefer drama with war or fighting.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Oct 25th, '15, 03:38

doramalover11 wrote:May i get drama recommendation about Japanese culture or tradition?
From the top of my head:
  • Shūden Gohan: Korean-Japanese couple always cook diner, even if the man gets home on the last train...
  • Rāmen daisuki Koizumi-san: A schoolgirl, fixated on ramen, eating different one every day.
  • Shinzanmono: Solving a crime, a detective get to know the people of the district, and solving unrelated things...
  • Shinya Shokudo: A restaurant, open from midnight to 7:00 AM, with a wide range of customers: from poet to yakuza, and from older TV star to gay club owner. Every episode titled about a food, and after the episode always tell some tips&tricks to the recipe...
  • 3 nen B gumi Kinpachi Sensei: Middle school teacher faces everyday problems in school. It has several seasons, the first made in the 70's. Each season showing actual problems in schools, like bullying, violence, SID, and others. Many later star started/boosted his/her career as a student in Kinpachi Sensei, EG. Ueto Aya. The protagonist played by Takeda Tetsuya, a then popular singer, who became very famous with this role.
  • Yamada Tarō Monogatari: Poor and hungry boy in an elite school. With many lovable characters, and much humor...
  • Neko Zamurai: It is about a fierce samurai, who is hired to kill a cat, believed to be a demon. He cannot force himself to kill the cat, so he take it in, and try to hide it from the ones hired him...
  • Kimi no Te ga Sasayaite Iru: The life of a deaf girl, from first day in company, to bringing up her daughter. It is not really a series, but five TV-movie, made a year apart each other, showing different stages of her life, and also the problems she faces as a deaf person.
There are also many historical dramas, that depict the life of the Japanese in different eras. My favorite is Musashi, which is about Miyamoto Musashi, based on the Yoshikawa book.

Words of Farewell

Post by Words of Farewell » Oct 27th, '15, 16:13

Hey guys and gals,

I am currently looking into JDramas which are predominantly set in nature or rural landscapes for a paper I am working on. I would be very thankful for some suggestions. So far looking for Dramas which were set in Okinawa or Hokkaido wasn't very fruitful for they are mostly family based and targeted at an older audience or historical dorama; I'm looking for something in a contemporary time frame. Due to the recent trend of escaping to the rural areas I thought it'd be interesting to look at the depictions of nature and landscape in dorama targeted at a younger demographic.

I know this is quite specific, but I hope that there are some at least that fit this description. The only one I was able to think of was something along the lines of Amachan! (which I only saw partially because without subs it at some point got too stressful to watch since my Japanese is way too rusty nowadays). Hopefully there are at least some dorama that fit this description.