Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ShadowMystika

Post by ShadowMystika » Jul 9th, '08, 00:16

milhaus007 wrote: Gokusen 1 ONLY. Don't bother watching 2 or 3
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I haven't watched 3 yet but i loved 2... :(
It has Kame in it xD
I thought his acting was pretty good.

although it is true that all the Gokusens are the same wtih different ppl and slightly different plots.

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Jul 9th, '08, 08:15

Hello, I haven't watched this spring and yet to come summer japanese dramas and would like some advice as to what to watch. that makes alot of dramas out and want to focus on the ones that I might be into.

the style of dramas I like is summertime fun dramas like Tokkyu Tanaka 3 go, Kami no Uta, Kabe Onna Yama Onna etc. you see the style(s).

thanks a million!

Charismaho

Post by Charismaho » Jul 9th, '08, 11:03

My top three in order are Orange Days, Zettai Kareshi and Proposal Daisakusen.

I also enjoyed Hana Yori Dango, Attention Please, Stand Up!! and Friends.

Can someone recommend a really cute romance J-Drama for me??

rairai

Post by rairai » Jul 9th, '08, 21:47

Charismaho : hotaru no hikari and nodame cantabile are my top fave.
tatta hitotsu no koi is good too.. and my boss my hero..

Charismaho

Post by Charismaho » Jul 10th, '08, 03:07

rairai, I actually saw Nodame Cantabile before because of Ueno Juri. It was okay... didn't really capture my attention. I'll look into your other recommendations though, thanks!!

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Jul 10th, '08, 05:40

I would like to recommend JDramas i've watched this week / month :

Dragon Zakura (2005)--> story about a lawyer and high school student to enter Tokyo University...very interesting especially the study technique :thumright: .. huhu..

Zettai Kareshi (2008)---> robot lovers. :wub: ..quite funny..

P/S : for another JDramas.
page 118 in this forum
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... start=1755

TQ :salut: :salut:

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 10th, '08, 14:24

Mwulf wrote:I've been away for a while... could anyone tell me what the best shows were airing between last winter (jan. 08) and now? (I suppose that means "promising new shows" since we're so early into the summer).

I'm mostly into comedy, romance and mystery shows, though I'll take anything that's GOOD so long as it doesn't have a sad ending.
Zettai Kareshii is very funny (you may know the Manga?) ... But I can't garant for a 100% happy end

Osen is very calm but with nice humour and a series that I greatly enjoy!

Daisuki!! is one of my favourites! Despite the serious topic it's very light hearted and nice. Besides, hiraoka yuta is reason enough to watch this :wub:

1 Pound Gospel is pretty funny I thought. It's a very simple story but too lovable charas (and Kame...xD)

Last Friends was very popular, but just by reading the summary you can tell it's definitely sad!

Other Dramas, that I haven't seen yet but plan to watch, are: Maou (no subs yet), Shibatora (not subs yet~but starring Ohgo Suzuka<3), Code Blue (just because of Yamapi xD..)

SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs

Post by SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs » Jul 11th, '08, 04:34

Did anyone recommend Nodame Cantabile?
I'd totally recommend that one =] It's super funny and sweet with good music.

Zettai Kareshi is a good one too. Has some hot guys <33

Also Kisarazu Cat's Eye is so funny and random xD
Does anyone know another drama that's kind of like Kisarazu Cat's Eye? Just really random, hilarious, and pointless? I really enjoyed it.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 11th, '08, 23:34

SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs wrote:Did anyone recommend Nodame Cantabile?
I'd totally recommend that one =] It's super funny and sweet with good music.

Zettai Kareshi is a good one too. Has some hot guys <33

Also Kisarazu Cat's Eye is so funny and random xD
Does anyone know another drama that's kind of like Kisarazu Cat's Eye? Just really random, hilarious, and pointless? I really enjoyed it.
I think a lot recommended Nodame ... I'd do that too! Love it!

I don't know which Dramas you've already seen, but if you're looking for something similar as Kizarazu Cat's Eye, I'd check out
"Akihabara@Deep",
"Stand up!!", maybe also
"3 Peace" aka "Hitoni Yasashiku",
"Yukan Club"
I found "Sexy Voice and Robo" pretty good, too,
"Mirai Koshi Meguru" is... not that excellent but fits into the category hilarious and pointless xD, and
Ikebukuro West Gate Park isn't pointless and can be really thrilling at times... but somehow it strongly remdinds me of KCE (Don't know why, though xD)

oh, and a lot of people found "Tiger & Dragon" very funny... I have to admit though that I didn't watch it till the end. Not that it was that bad, but it somehow didn't grap my attention.. [/b]

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 14th, '08, 01:52

Yolchen wrote:Zettai Kareshii is very funny (you may know the Manga?) ... But I can't garant for a 100% happy end

Osen is very calm but with nice humour and a series that I greatly enjoy!

Daisuki!! is one of my favourites! Despite the serious topic it's very light hearted and nice. Besides, hiraoka yuta is reason enough to watch this :wub:

1 Pound Gospel is pretty funny I thought. It's a very simple story but too lovable charas (and Kame...xD)

Last Friends was very popular, but just by reading the summary you can tell it's definitely sad!

Other Dramas, that I haven't seen yet but plan to watch, are: Maou (no subs yet), Shibatora (not subs yet~but starring Ohgo Suzuka<3), Code Blue (just because of Yamapi xD..)
Thanks for the recommendations, a lot of them sound pretty good. Maou has also caught my eye this season, along with Yasuko to Kenji.

BTW, anyone know of any site or *shudder* blog with a relatively comprehensive preview and/review of new dramas?

Siike92

Recommendations?

Post by Siike92 » Jul 14th, '08, 09:23

I don't know if this is the right place for this but I really, and I mean really liked the jdrama LIFE. Looking at some of the other Jdramas out there most of them are more comedic. And even though I enjoy many of them, do you guys have any recommendations for darker, more serious jdramas like LIFE?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 14th, '08, 09:27

Siike92

Post by Siike92 » Jul 14th, '08, 09:29

thanks! sorry for the inconvienence.

Siike92

Post by Siike92 » Jul 14th, '08, 09:36

Hey I'm somewhat new to jdramas but I really liked LIFE so I started watching more dramas. Though I really like Hana Yori Dango and a couple others, my longtime favorite would be LIFE because it's less comedic and more serious than most. Can you guys recommend more dramas like LIFE, ones that are somewhat dark?

mattroilanh_tt

Post by mattroilanh_tt » Jul 14th, '08, 10:20

Siike92 wrote:Hey I'm somewhat new to jdramas but I really liked LIFE so I started watching more dramas. Though I really like Hana Yori Dango and a couple others, my longtime favorite would be LIFE because it's less comedic and more serious than most. Can you guys recommend more dramas like LIFE, ones that are somewhat dark?
You can try Last Friends, it is a dark drama which is very popular recently. Beside, try Bara no Nai Hanaya and 1 Little of Tears.

Dramabugs

Post by Dramabugs » Jul 15th, '08, 04:16

1 Little of Tears
I love me some "1 Litre of Tears" but to my mind that's not dark in the way that "Life" is dark. It's sad, not kurai. You might try "Kono yo no Hate" ("End of the World," how's that for dark?) but that's from 1994 and some people don't think stuff that old is as good. They're wrong, of course, but...

Siike92

Post by Siike92 » Jul 15th, '08, 07:56

Thanks! Absolutley loving Kono yo no Hate btw!

alysha

Post by alysha » Jul 16th, '08, 12:10

I have to say that i loved "Proposal Daisakusen" so much.
After watching a streak of jdrama's this month that included - 1 litre of tears, orange days, nodame cantibile, taiyou no uta....i really really recommend Proposal Daisakusen.
Not only were the 11 episodes soooo good.....the "special episode" really put the icing on the cake...
each episode were so addictive and left you wanting so much more..

Proposal Daisakusen has become my new standard for jdrama, something that i can't see topping it...
Anyways...back to watching it again...(and again)..and heres hoping that a second special is in the making....!!!!!!

grahfcard

Post by grahfcard » Jul 16th, '08, 13:05

[]
Last edited by grahfcard on Aug 21st, '17, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

ZarakiLee

Post by ZarakiLee » Jul 16th, '08, 13:39

Can someone recommend me some good dramas with Ishigaki Yuma in them. I think he's a really good actor and was hilarious as Kine in H2. I'm watching Gokusen and have already seen him in Water Boys. Also can someone recommend me good dramas with Ishihara Satomi. She's a good actress and cute.

wjzz

Post by wjzz » Jul 16th, '08, 13:57

If you like Ishigaki Yuma you HAVE TO watch Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.

As for Ishihara Satomi, apart from H2 i've seen only Kima wa Petto, which was fun, but the actress you'are asking about had a rather minor role in there.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 16th, '08, 22:06

grahfcard wrote:Are there any more dramas with a scifi background theme like Long Love Letter?

I can't think of many sci-fi dramas, but there are three others that come to mind. One of them is still being subbed, but it's worth waiting for if you don't do raws.

Bokura no Yuuki: Miman Toshi -- A city is closed off after a major earthquake makes the area unsafe, but two teens sneaking in to help friends and strangers discover that the news story is a front. All the adults have mysteriously died, and the military is keeping the remaining children and teens quarantined there like animals while covering up the truth about the incident.

Kimi to Ita Mirai no Tame ni ~ I'll Be Back (still being subbed, but the first ep is available subbed already)-- A college student suddenly feeling intense chest pain collapses on New Years Eve, only to wake up four years in his past. Through multiple lives he can never make it past that same moment. Beyond trying to fix his own life, he also must contend with the why this is happening to him, and the other lives that repeatedly intersect with his.

Suany's blog with sub updates:
http://ame-no-uta-jdrama.blogspot.com/2 ... -love.html

Yasha (has a bit of nudity in the first episode) -- Two genetically engineered twins find themselves at the center of a conspiracy around a deadly man-made virus that could be used to kill billions of people. How is this connected to the secrets from their past, and will Sei's enhanced abilities be enough to save the people he loves?

On the borderline of scifi:

Mop Girl is only partly subbed. It's really a mystery/comedy series, but it does have timeslipping as a central aspect to the plot, as the main character timeslips when she encounters strong feelings left behind from someone who has died. (Kinda like True Calling in that respect.) So I'd say it has scifi aspects, despite the fact that I don't consider it as scifi as Long Love Letter. Fun show if you like comedy/mystery, but if you're just looking for a "serious" scifi drama it wouldn't suit.

While Proposal Daisakusen has timeslipping, it's really more fantasy/comedy/romance than scifi. It doesn't have any world changing consequences or sections to make you think like Long Love Letter or Kimi to Ita Mirai no Tame ni do. And I wasn't that fond of the second half of the series or the main romance, though I liked the special better. Again, it's not got the serious scifi vibe... any drama with Yamapi doing the "Hallelujah Chance" pose can't be taken too seriously. :lol

darkliquids2

Post by darkliquids2 » Jul 16th, '08, 22:39

Shika otoko aoni yoshi: Just saw it. Loved it! It's good for some laughs. Well, ok, last episode was kind of a stretch, but that doesnt matter to me.

SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs

Post by SeCrEt_MeMoRiEs » Jul 18th, '08, 17:46

Yolchen wrote: I think a lot recommended Nodame ... I'd do that too! Love it!

I don't know which Dramas you've already seen, but if you're looking for something similar as Kizarazu Cat's Eye, I'd check out
"Akihabara@Deep",
"Stand up!!", maybe also
"3 Peace" aka "Hitoni Yasashiku",
"Yukan Club"
I found "Sexy Voice and Robo" pretty good, too,
"Mirai Koshi Meguru" is... not that excellent but fits into the category hilarious and pointless xD, and
Ikebukuro West Gate Park isn't pointless and can be really thrilling at times... but somehow it strongly remdinds me of KCE (Don't know why, though xD)

oh, and a lot of people found "Tiger & Dragon" very funny... I have to admit though that I didn't watch it till the end. Not that it was that bad, but it somehow didn't grap my attention..
Thanks for the recommendations =D
I'm currently watching Tiger & Dragon. It's really interesting. LOL.
And I really like Nagase. He's super funny so I might watch IWGP next xD

I'm also currently watching My Boss My Hero which I recommend for those who likes High School dramas. It's very fun.

motts

Post by motts » Jul 20th, '08, 00:57

Hello! First post, huge jdrama addict.

I'm after any shows dealing with youth in regards to depression, school issues, alienation, crime and so on. Or just even crime shows in general.

Thanks, and cheers!

togu68

Help looking for a new Comedy

Post by togu68 » Jul 20th, '08, 05:27

I was hoping for some more help from this forum. I'm looking for a new comedy jdrama, and hoping for suggestions. I've seen GTO(loved), Gokusen, Kisarazu Cats(which couldn't get into), Densha Otaku, and maybe one or two others, but can't think of them offhand. So any help in some new ideas would be greatly appreciated. I watch others as well, and the wife loves Kimutaku, but feel like something funny for now.

I'm sure this has been asked about before, but used search and didn't bring up anything, and there are like 120 pages of posts...

sarah117

Re: Help looking for a new Comedy

Post by sarah117 » Jul 21st, '08, 06:59

togu68 wrote:I was hoping for some more help from this forum. I'm looking for a new comedy jdrama, and hoping for suggestions. I've seen GTO(loved), Gokusen, Kisarazu Cats(which couldn't get into), Densha Otaku, and maybe one or two others, but can't think of them offhand.
for a comedy, Nodame Cantabile is just the right one!! but not really new though (2006). :-)

dramatiqu3

Re: Recommendations?

Post by dramatiqu3 » Jul 22nd, '08, 01:10

Siike92 wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for this but I really, and I mean really liked the jdrama LIFE. Looking at some of the other Jdramas out there most of them are more comedic. And even though I enjoy many of them, do you guys have any recommendations for darker, more serious jdramas like LIFE?
You could try 'Watashitachi no Kyoukashou'. It focuses on similar themes to LIFE although Watashitachi is centred around a lawyer so has more of a 'legal drama' aspect to it.

Also, try ''Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi/A Million Stars Falling from the Sky''--a bit of a stretch since its not school-related, but its definetely 'dark', and I really really enjoyed it.

dramatiqu3

Post by dramatiqu3 » Jul 22nd, '08, 01:36

motts wrote:
I'm after any shows dealing with youth in regards to depression, school issues, alienation, crime and so on. Or just even crime shows in general.
Hmm..for the youth-related dramas try LIFE, Watashitachi no Kyoukasho or Ao no Jidai

As for crime in general...I personally found Byakuyako pretty interesting but I'm not sure if that's what you're after (its more 'romance/suspense', really) :lol

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Jul 22nd, '08, 03:34

currently watching last friends, but zettai kareshi was quite good. very nice OST hehe :lol

milhaus007

Post by milhaus007 » Jul 23rd, '08, 06:40

Definitely check out

Iryu 1 and 2

darkliquids2

Post by darkliquids2 » Jul 24th, '08, 18:22

@togu68
you will like My Boss My Hero in my opinion.
maybe also Mop Girl-if you want something silly

Foxyaria

Post by Foxyaria » Jul 28th, '08, 13:24

Hi, I'm looking for a historical/peroid drama to get into. I've never watched one before and I'd like to give it a go.

Akidon

Post by Akidon » Jul 28th, '08, 18:16

There is always Byakotai. Didnt think it was that great but it was ok. Worth to watch.

Miyuko17

Post by Miyuko17 » Jul 29th, '08, 16:02

hey guys. I'm looking for something funny and touching too. Some that I really enjoyed were:
Hanazakari no kimitachi e
Nodame Cantabile

right now I'm thinking about watching last friends. ^^

EDIT:I'm looking for something without love triangles in them because I got sick of those kinda stories. there are way too many dramas revolving around how this girl loved this guy but then that guy loved another girl and so on and so on. xD

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 29th, '08, 16:50

Miyuko17 wrote:hey guys. I'm looking for something funny and touching too. Some that I really enjoyed were:
Hanazakari no kimitachi e
Nodame Cantabile

right now I'm thinking about watching last friends. ^^

EDIT:I'm looking for something without love triangles in them because I got sick of those kinda stories. there are way too many dramas revolving around how this girl loved this guy but then that guy loved another girl and so on and so on. xD
I don't know which Dramas you've already seen, but here are a few that I like a lot and should fit your description (although there's hardly anything that can top Nodame, ne? :mrgreen: )

My Boss My Hero
Nobuta wo Produce
1 Pound Gospel
GTO
Stand up!
Sexy Voice and Robo (gets more serious towards the end though)
Yukan Club
Akihabara@Deep
And, still airing, Seigi no Mikata 2008 (omfg I'm in love with this series! XD)
3 Peace / Hitoni Yasashiku

Maybe also
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
Kizarasu Cat's Eye
Attention Please
Gokusen Season 1

togu68

Thanks

Post by togu68 » Jul 29th, '08, 20:24

Thanks for the suggestion, and am gonna try Nodame and My Boss. Another one I liked (but saw in Japanese w/o subs) was Oniyome no Nikki (Demon Wife Diary?) was the name. Just finished Change, and would recommend it, but felt it could have ended better.

Has Kimutaku even been in a drama with a Japanese title? (Change, Engine, Pride, Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, etc...) Don't need to answer, but feels like it right?

Also, any opinions on Trick or Kekkon Dekinai Otoko? Seeing Abe Hiroshi reminded me to check out more of his stuff.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 30th, '08, 12:44

I've never seen Trick or Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. Latter because I started watching it but somehow couldn't stick to it after the 1st Episode, Trick because I'm not such a big mystery/suspense fan.

Buuut, both of them are highly recommended by others, so you should definitely check them out!
I find that at jdorama.com are always very useful reviews, you could read some of them on these Dramas:
http://jdorama.com/drama.1021.htm (Kekkon Dekinai Otoko)
http://jdorama.com/drama.521.htm (Trick)

bananaloverz

Post by bananaloverz » Jul 31st, '08, 04:29

If I am about to rewatch any Jap drama today, I will watch:

Nodame Cantabile, Zettai Kareshi, CHANGE, Bara no nai Hanaya, Pride, Unfair, Brother Beat, Attention Please, Bambino!, Galileo, Hotaru no Hikari, Iryu, Jotei, Liar Game, Kurosagi, Long Vacation, Gokusen, Yama Onna Kabe Onna.

nicanna

Post by nicanna » Jul 31st, '08, 20:31

Hi guys, i dunno if this is the right place to ask this question, anyway, I recently wached two great dramas (on my opinion): Ace wo Nerae end Attack No.1
Ok, I like this kind of drama, based on a sport in which the protagonist (better if female) struggles to become the best player; and if there's some love affair involved, why not ;)
So then, my question for you d-addicts is: do you know any other sports drama which resembles theese two? I'd really like to see more of this kind if there were any. Thank you very much, I'm waiting for a reply!

bananaloverz

Post by bananaloverz » Jul 31st, '08, 21:34

nicanna wrote:Hi guys, i dunno if this is the right place to ask this question, anyway, I recently wached two great dramas (on my opinion): Ace wo Nerae end Attack No.1
Ok, I like this kind of drama, based on a sport in which the protagonist (better if female) struggles to become the best player; and if there's some love affair involved, why not ;)
So then, my question for you d-addicts is: do you know any other sports drama which resembles theese two? I'd really like to see more of this kind if there were any. Thank you very much, I'm waiting for a reply!
Attention Please: not sport, but the female protagonist struggle to be a good steward.
Jotei: not sport also, the female protagonist struggle to survive in the world of hostess, romance, of course, can't be avoided.
Nodame Cantabile: IN THE END, she struggle to become a good pianist, but the male actor always struggle to become a good conductor.
Pride: the male leading actor plays ice hockey, more about romance than sports, though...

That's all I know.. I haven't watch a lot of sports drama, so that probably won't help..

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 31st, '08, 22:58

nicanna wrote:Hi guys, i dunno if this is the right place to ask this question, anyway, I recently wached two great dramas (on my opinion): Ace wo Nerae end Attack No.1
Try "Dance Drill" - a girl who wants to make a cheerleading -group. =) *loved it*
Lovestory included! XD

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Aug 1st, '08, 03:12

For romance i always love Long Vacation, kinda old tough,
For comedy i like Hanazakari no kimitachi e, Nodame cantabile, and Hana Yori Dango

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Aug 1st, '08, 03:30

try H2 the story about high school baseball team, water boys also have a nice story, and if you want to amaze by the struggle of the main character try watch Pride (Kimu Taku dorama)

Poklin

Post by Poklin » Aug 1st, '08, 08:20

Hello all I'm new here, I just finish Hana Yori Dango and now i don't know what i should watch. So far i have watched Kurosagi, Nobuto wo Produce, Hanazakari no Kimitachi, Proposal Daisakusen, Liar Game, and of course Hana Yori Dango, now i loved these all very much but i would have to say my favorite's were Hyd and Proposal Daisakusen. So I'm just looking for a recommendation as what to watch next ty ^^.

rairai

Post by rairai » Aug 1st, '08, 15:51

Poklin: why not try nodame cantabile and hotaru no hikari.. (which i always recomend coz its like my 2 fave, lolz)
zettai kareshi is nice too but sad ending.

Poklin

Post by Poklin » Aug 1st, '08, 20:47

Rairai tyvm ^^ all 3 of those look very good, i was actually going to watch Zettai kareshi cause i liked Mizushima Hiro in Hana kimi. I also came across First Kiss which has Inoue Mao <3 in it. So i guess i have 4 to watch now thanks again.

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Aug 2nd, '08, 00:48

I'm hoping someone has some ideas for the next jdrama I watch. I'm still pretty much a newbie-- so far I've watched akimahende!, egao no hosoku, hana kimi, hana no yori dango, zettai Kareshi, Last Friends, Nodame Cantabile, Hitonatsu papa e, Nobuta wo produce, Dr. Koto Shinryoujo, and Bara no nai hanaya. My favs are Akimahende, Nodame Cantabile, and Dr. Koto.... and I really like Egao no hosoku, zettai kareshi, and Bara no nai Hanaya.

I barely made it through hitonatsu papa e... :|
Last edited by Semaru on Aug 2nd, '08, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

KAAdonkaDUNK

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Aug 2nd, '08, 06:22

Hmm. I use to have a huge obesession with dramas not to long ago, but I decided to take a little break and now, about 6 months later, I'm looking for a new japanese drama to watch. I've seen most of the classics and a couple new ones...Hana yori Dango [both seasons], Long Vaction, GTO, Gokusen [both seasons], Hana kimi, Pride, First Kiss, 1 litre of tears, Nobuta wo Produce, summer snow, kimi wa petto and some more I can't think of now, But to get to the point anyone got any good dramas I could watch, perferrably newer ones?

I just finished Honey and clover, thought It was alright but didn't hit the spot. Um and another question is Nodame Cantabile really that good? People seem to be recommending it alot, but I tried to watch the first couple episodes and never was able to continue.

alysha

Post by alysha » Aug 2nd, '08, 11:32

KAAdonkaDUNK wrote:Hmm. I use to have a huge obesession with dramas not to long ago, but I decided to take a little break and now, about 6 months later, I'm looking for a new japanese drama to watch. I've seen most of the classics and a couple new ones...Hana yori Dango [both seasons], Long Vaction, GTO, Gokusen [both seasons], Hana kimi, Pride, First Kiss, 1 litre of tears, Nobuta wo Produce, summer snow, kimi wa petto and some more I can't think of now, But to get to the point anyone got any good dramas I could watch, perferrably newer ones?

I just finished Honey and clover, thought It was alright but didn't hit the spot. Um and another question is Nodame Cantabile really that good? People seem to be recommending it alot, but I tried to watch the first couple episodes and never was able to continue.
i Dunno what the big fuss is about with Nodame Cantabile....i didn't think it was that good, it was cute in some moments, but it didn't add up to be a good series.

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Aug 2nd, '08, 17:46

KAAdonkaDUNK wrote:
I loved Nodame Cantabile, but I already liked the manga before I watched it. I suppose you need to at least kind of enjoy Orchestral music to watch it too. I could see where it might be really hard to watch if you don't like classical music. For me, it was just really fun to watch and the characters were crazy. :-)

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Aug 2nd, '08, 19:58

KAAdonkaDUNK wrote:Hmm. I use to have a huge obesession with dramas not to long ago, but I decided to take a little break and now, about 6 months later, I'm looking for a new japanese drama to watch. I've seen most of the classics and a couple new ones...Hana yori Dango [both seasons], Long Vaction, GTO, Gokusen [both seasons], Hana kimi, Pride, First Kiss, 1 litre of tears, Nobuta wo Produce, summer snow, kimi wa petto and some more I can't think of now, But to get to the point anyone got any good dramas I could watch, perferrably newer ones?

YES, Nodame is THAT good, imo. I watched it without reading anything about it before and loved it immedeately! Well, if you don't like it you don't have to watch it after all xD

My Boss My Hero, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Orange Days, Last Chrismas, Proposal Daisakusen and Kurosagi are other quite popular Series.
I personally liked the first 3 of them a lot.

I'd also recommend "14 sai no Haha", "Sexy voice and Robo", "LIFE" and currently airing "Seigi no Mikata" to you.
Many also like "Pride", "Last Friends", "Zettai Kareshi"

"Maou" and "Shibatora" are still airing, but also quite popular. I heard "Tomorrow" is recommendable, a medical drama though, don't know if you like that.

Yahiko

Post by Yahiko » Aug 3rd, '08, 00:16

My favourites up to date are:
1. Aikurushii
2. Yamada Taro Monogatari
3. Hito ni Yasashiku
4. Ima Ai ni Yukimasu

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Aug 3rd, '08, 04:43

Zettai Kareshi or Last Friends i supposed
shouldn't let the girls watch Zettai Kareshi, or else everyone would start comparing and would want one perfect bf! :lol

djkrzy

Post by djkrzy » Aug 3rd, '08, 09:03

does anyone know a harem type of drama like Shimokita GLORY DAYS ?

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Aug 3rd, '08, 12:45

djkrzy wrote:does anyone know a harem type of drama like Shimokita GLORY DAYS ?
maybe GalCir? XD

kekaguman7

Taiho Schichauzo

Post by kekaguman7 » Aug 3rd, '08, 13:28

Has anyone ever watch Taiho Schichauzo (You're under arrest)? It's based on manga.
You can see the review here:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Taiho_Shichauzo

Please tell me how good is it?

Daish

Post by Daish » Aug 3rd, '08, 14:11

IMHO you're under arrest live action pales in comparison to the anime. (please note it has been a while since I saw it) Some key elements in the anime just weren't in the live action; crazy car chases, exaggerated (facial) expressions, anime like attacks, were all non existent. This paired up with bad acting by some of the actors, just isn't a recipe for success. So I wouldn't recommend this unless you enjoyed the anime/manga previously or that you like a particular actor/actress in YUALA.

And KAAdonkaDUNK, if you've given nodame a few episodes a try and don't like it; then I wouldn't recommend continuing as IMO it was very clear what type of drama nodame was going to be from the very first episode so I would guess its just not your cup of tea which is alright even though I adore nodame.

kuro570

Whats your favorite Jdrama?

Post by kuro570 » Aug 4th, '08, 01:48

I've finished watching Byakuyakou about 2 months ago and I'm still in love with it and a
random thought popped in my head.. I really love this drama, the actors, Ayase Haruka and
Yamada Takayuki are the best I've seen together. I loved everything about this drama and I want to know what does everyone else consider the best and #1 drama :D
Last edited by kuro570 on Aug 4th, '08, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

DMDil

Post by DMDil » Aug 4th, '08, 01:52

"Dream again", since that's the first one i watch, i like it better than any other...

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 4th, '08, 01:54

byakuyakou is one of my j-favs also! sad-dark love story... i remembered watching it for so many times before... quite nostalgic for me... now u mention about it, i'm thinking about re-watching it again...
Last edited by crocus on Aug 4th, '08, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 4th, '08, 01:56

but my all time j-fav is taiyou no kisetsu... sort of darky also, all about revenge also... n for my all time k-fav is mawang...

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 4th, '08, 02:00

I envy you all for having really kick ass first dramas, ,my first one was Iryu Team Medical Dragon which is incredibly good none the less and in my top 5 favorites. ^.^

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 4th, '08, 02:22

i actually grew up with j-dramas and k-dramas... i watched too many of them... let us forget about kamen rider, miss comet or moero attack or oshin, i watch them since i was a baby... but my 1st one that i started to appreciate all this craziness came from Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki (Love you more than tomorrow) starred mikami hiroshi (angel in proposal daisakusen, believe me, he's damn hot at that time!!! [1990]) and asano atsuko...

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Aug 4th, '08, 02:32

too bad you don't like Nodame, but thats Ok, its your opinion.
for newer dorama i recommend CHANGE (takuya kimura as a prime minister), also Zettai Kareshi

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 4th, '08, 02:53

Brother Beat, I usually watch it once or twice a year just because I love it that much.
another favorite of mine is Good Luck, I work in the airline industry so I love watching it... especially cause TakuKimu makes a great pilot. ;D
There's also The Wedding Planner and Home & Away, which I really want to see again but cant find....

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 4th, '08, 03:08

Although, I've only seen like 4; It would have to be "Rondo".
Choi Ji Woo made it soo much better.

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Aug 4th, '08, 03:16

i haven't watch it yet, but i love them in Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu
not really sure i want to see them together again. :lol
just watched too many Yamada Takayuki lately i.e. H2 etc

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Aug 4th, '08, 19:08

my favourite drama would have to be...probably...My Boss My Hero or Akihabara@DEEP. there are a lot of good dramas out there, but those two are probably my favourites. even though I really like love dramas the most, and Hana Kimi was AMAZING, i think the story line in those two dramas were the best - My Boss My Hero for beng really realistic even though it was an absurd topic, and Akihabara@DEEP for just being silly, but flowing well.

xAsianDramasx

Post by xAsianDramasx » Aug 4th, '08, 19:57

Yamapi dramas, Kimura takuya dramas and...
hana kimi
hana yori dango
last friends
shibatora
Taiyo to umi no kyoshitsu
zettai kareshi
haken no hinkaku
anego
binbo danshi
honey and clover
ong pound gospel
shikaotoko aoniyoshi
bara no nai hanaya
gokusen1,2&3
nodame cantabile
Yamada taro monogatari
Great teacher onizuka
LIFE
kimi wapetto
attentio please
satoare
jikou keisatsu
liar game
hotaru no hikari
Byakuyakou
Kisarazu cats eye
1 litre of tears
itoshi kimi e
kou kou kyoushi 2003

Have too many faves and cant piccccckkk !!
:lol :O :crazy: :whistling: :scratch: :cheers: :salut:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Aug 4th, '08, 20:26

(In no order)

Pretty Guardian Sailormoon (yah, I know it looked cheesy but I really looooove Sailormoon, and I actually liked the story) LIFE, 14-year-old Mother, Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi, Nodame Cantabile, Daisuki, and that's about if for favorites.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 4th, '08, 23:49

Uh, what's the point of the poll since it doesn't match the thread title? :scratch:

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Aug 5th, '08, 00:06

bmwracer wrote:Uh, what's the point of the poll since it doesn't match the thread title? :scratch:
Well it kinda does since the topic is about what is your favorite drama and since I love Byakuyakou as my favorite and I want to know if anyone else like it or consider it their favorite as well I made a poll, if you like it or don't feel free to answer it. I got the random idea to put the poll in since I got several ppl to try it they consider it their favorite now.

DMDil

Post by DMDil » Aug 5th, '08, 01:02

kuro570 wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Uh, what's the point of the poll since it doesn't match the thread title? :scratch:
Well it kinda does since the topic is about what is your favorite drama and since I love Byakuyakou as my favorite and I want to know if anyone else like it or consider it their favorite as well I made a poll, if you like it or don't feel free to answer it. I got the random idea to put the poll in since I got several ppl to try it they consider it their favorite now.
Yes u are right, it does..but u could have put some more option of Dramas..

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 5th, '08, 04:04

DMDil wrote:but u could have put some more option of Dramas..
Exactly... That was my point.