[Discussion] Boku to Star no 99 Nichi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lollercopter

[Discussion] Boku to Star no 99 Nichi

Post by lollercopter » Nov 21st, '11, 20:53

DramaWiki:
So close and yet so far away...An inconspicuous body guard Namiki Kohei (Nishijima Hidetoshi) is assigned to be a body guard to a mega Korean super star, Han Yuna (Kim Tae Hee). Kohei is less than ordinary, a single man almost 40 in age working part time at a security company. Despite his kind and attractive looks, he is surrounded by people who boss him around with unreasonable demands. He keeps a dream to himself, a desire to someday become an astronomer and find his very own star. He justifies not being able to fulfill this dream to lack of funds and issues with his family.

Han Yuna, on the other hand, while having a perfect face and body, loves to eat junk food. She also has a kind heart for helping others in need. While every aspect of her life may seem like a girl's dream come true, she feels a certain solitude being in the entertainment industry.

As Kohei and Han Yuna come closer and closer to each other, they become an inseparable couple, discovering true love. Where will the couple end up after the contracted 99 days? A heart-warming love comedy that will make you realize once again how precious love can be.
I'm usually pretty picky about what I watch, but I decided to give this a try on a whim despite the presumably lackluster premise.

Turns out it's actually very good, at least for now. There's every chance the story will start spinning its wheels or go off the rails, but for now I'm greatly enjoying it.

Kim Tae-hee is, to my knowledge, popular in Japan as far as Korean actresses go, so it's interesting that she wasn't paired with a popular actor -- you know, somebody like Kimura (who is busy with another drama, but you get the idea). Nishijima Hidetoshi was probably not the most obvious choice for such a role, but he fits it well and has good chemistry with Kim. The supporting cast also doesn't seem to have been assembled just to be hip and secure the ratings. So the casting didn't take the path of least resistance. The direction has some personality to it too, and the music's good.

It's pretty meta that a Korean actress in a Japanese drama is playing a Korean actress in a Japanese drama. I don't know if they had that in mind when they made some scenes trick you into thinking you're watching the show when it's actually the show within the show that they're shooting.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 21st, '11, 23:42

I'm pretty surprised with this one...like I am with several doramas this quarter (this one is way better then the last...at least I don't have to watch 4 stupid sisters to watch anything at all!).

I like the chemistry between the actress and her bodyguard, it just feels sort of "right". The story keeps me entertainend and interested, at least up till now, but the preview for the next episode (5) was very interesting, I can't wait to see it!
I REALLY do hope, that the actress and her bodyguard become a pair, and I hope even more, that the assistants of the actors get together too. I really like her female assistant, she is cute and reminds me of Hyomin in "Gumiho".
Last edited by GaussAlgorithmus on Nov 22nd, '11, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 22nd, '11, 01:13

^ Your spoiler tag is messed up. Although what you wrote isn't really a spoiler. :D
lollercopter wrote: I don't know if they had that in mind when they made some scenes trick you into thinking you're watching the show when it's actually the show within the show that they're shooting.
I think that's purposely done, so that the viewer gets surprised I guess.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 22nd, '11, 01:50

Regarding the show in the show:
Most of the time, what she (in her role) says to the other actor (in his role) fits the relationship between her and the bodyguard. In the last episode for example, when she said (in her role) "You know always, where to find me" or something like that, this was a hint to her bodyguard, because shortly before, he really did know where to find her. Thats a nice touch. And also, her "I always want to be near you" maybe true, because I think, that she started to really enjoy him beeing around.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 22nd, '11, 04:48

The BGM of this drama captivated me... somehow it reminds me alot of the 1990s J-dramas. The musics are very 90s style, love it.

Unexpectedly, I'm enjoying this drama, the episode before the last one, was quite boring. But the last one picked up again. I loved the last scene. And I love it everytime Yuna calls him, "Saboten! Saboten!".

I hope it's a happy ending too. So, can anyone refresh my memory what happened in Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard in the end? :P

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Nov 22nd, '11, 06:41

I think its a bit much to try and fit a Korean actress in among the typical "tsukkomi" gag style drama that is common in Japan. I mean, her teary dramatic moments seems a bit out of place from the excess of comic "relief/torture". As you can see, I'm clearly biased towards k-dramas. I'm a huge fan of Kim Tae Hee so of course I decided to watch this, but yeah, its no "My Princess"... Good for a few laughs, but the story is contrived. Still, other than maybe Watashi ga Renai and Hachimitsu, I'd say its the best jdrama out this season.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 22nd, '11, 07:45

This is the only drama along with Kaseifu that I'm watching 'properly' this season ^^ Decided to check it for Nishijima and I really like the premiere. Nishijima role is so different here compared to his other usual roles, I love Kohei. If only he stops yelling a bit but I guess it's part of his charms lol In general I love every character, even the side one, the kids, the landlord lady, the other guard friend, the assistants, and gammo! everyone is so adorable :D . I like it when the characters are well constructed, even the antagonist paparazzi gets it. Though the story is cliché and non realistic, the atmosphere, the ambiance of the drama was captivating enough to make me close an eye to enjoy it. Not to mention the theme songs are just lovely, can't wait to get the full version of Superman.
In recent eps, I feel the storyline doesn't move fast enough as I'd like but the comedy and chemistry between the otp make it up :wub: Gotta say though, with all those teasing, I expect one big fest kind of ending, you know the last day of the contract is Christmas day! They better make something special and I won't accept a farewell aka sad ending or anything that sort. I'd feel cheated and might never watch any rom-com jdrama again :cussing:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 23rd, '11, 02:34

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
Most of the time, what she (in her role) says to the other actor (in his role) fits the relationship between her and the bodyguard. In the last episode for example, when she said (in her role) "You know always, where to find me" or something like that, this was a hint to her bodyguard, because shortly before, he really did know where to find her. Thats a nice touch. And also, her "I always want to be near you" maybe true, because I think, that she started to really enjoy him beeing around.
Reality is typically blurred when there is a show within a show.

But speaking of, I find Sasaki Kuranosuke's character funny. Now that guy lives his life like a show. :lol

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 23rd, '11, 04:13

Jav_sol wrote: Reality is typically blurred when there is a show within a show.
I like stuff like that. It's always nice, if the charcters in a drama seem to be somehow aware of it or break the 4th wall. I loves "Unubore Deka" just for him always singing the theme music. Also, that one of his friends was actually playing "Unubore Deka" because it was a drama/movie in "Unubore Deka" was hillarious. :D

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 23rd, '11, 22:39

I just saw the most recent episode:
It was slower then the others, but it didn't bother me much. There were so many lovely scenes in this episode, and with each one, I hope more and more that they will pair up in the end...and I think they will, because it's more then obvious, that they like each other.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Nov 24th, '11, 05:08

The end of ep5 made me feel feel like a little schoolgirl again(22 year old man) lol. Nah but seriously, the episode wasn't anything special except for that part. Gotta love those classic scenes.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 24th, '11, 06:44

I repeated that last scene twice, nice to know I'm not the only who loves it :P
The mountain scenery was beautiful. The way Yuna hide was cute. I love how Yuna said, "Yah!" after Kohei found him. And of course the climax part of that scene, and love how Yuna screamed, "Koheeei!! Urusai! Urusai!".

I was wishing so bad that they'll confess their feelings for each other in that scene. But I guess it's still too early :D

How's everyone predicting the story? Do you think Kohei will be back as her bodyguard or not?

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 24th, '11, 10:48

I keep finding this thread on the top so I thought I give it a try. I watched ep1 last night and I quiet liked it. I like all actors/actresses ( not so keen on KTH but she is ok so far) and kids are super cute. Will watch more and back with more comments.

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Nov 24th, '11, 20:33

The actress playing the younger daughter of Kohei's sister is really, really good.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 25th, '11, 06:50

yanie wrote:I repeated that last scene twice, nice to know I'm not the only who loves it :P
Sign me up for it as well. I've watched the last scene four times. ;) It's just a scene, that somehow makes you feel good, lol.

I have to say, that the theme song is really, really an "Earworm"...I simply can't get it out of my head. I have to say though, that It's a cover, that sounds so much like the orignal (<-this is a link!), that I don'T see, why they covered it, lol.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '11, 09:21

ok, I am really getting hooked on this drama. it is really well written. I love how they use the dialogue in the drama (fake) as main lines of drama we are watching. it keeps you wondering if they actually saying it for real or its their lines.
I find KTH a bit over dramatic in her character comparing with other characters but it's probably because she is portraying a Korean actress (basically herself)
I keep reading everyone post to find anything about Taeson, but did I miss it any where?
it's most probably her brother (sorry if this was mentioned above some where)
I am on ep3 right now but I just don't want to watch all in one go because it means I have to wait for next eps and I am totally addicted right now.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 26th, '11, 02:10

Issy wrote:I keep reading everyone post to find anything about Taeson, but did I miss it any where?
He's just being ignored. :D
Honestly, it's obvious he is her younger brother given their age difference.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 26th, '11, 09:27

Jav_sol wrote:
Issy wrote:I keep reading everyone post to find anything about Taeson, but did I miss it any where?
He's just being ignored. :D
Honestly, it's obvious he is her younger brother given their age difference.
Yes! I just discovered that last night. :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 27th, '11, 04:08

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I have to say, that the theme song is really, really an "Earworm"...I simply can't get it out of my head. I have to say though, that It's a cover, that sounds so much like the orignal (<-this is a link!), that I don'T see, why they covered it, lol.
I'm so sad SPITZ won't release a CD single for the song :-( They'd only release the cover song as chaku-uta (ringtone).

I have the YouTube rip of the original version by Harada Shinji, it's good and close enough. But, I still want SPITZ version :|

If anyone know where to find the Mp3 of "Time Travel by SPITZ", please let me know!^v^

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 28th, '11, 02:48

Issy wrote:Yes! I just discovered that last night. :mrgreen:
Honestly, I have really cared that much about the secondary characters because I've liked the interactions between the main characters. My focus has been there. I wouldn't say that Nishijima Hidetoshi & Kim Tae Hee have awesome chemistry but so far it's working.
GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I have to say, that the theme song is really, really an "Earworm"...I simply can't get it out of my head. I have to say though, that It's a cover, that sounds so much like the orignal (<-this is a link!), that I don'T see, why they covered it, lol.
Thanks for the link. I don't really listen to Japanese music, but yes, it's a nice song.

For those interested the insert song, sung by Crystal Kay has a MV.

mottomotto

Post by mottomotto » Nov 28th, '11, 16:15

yanie wrote: I have the YouTube rip of the original version by Harada Shinji, it's good and close enough. But, I still want SPITZ version :|

If anyone know where to find the Mp3 of "Time Travel by SPITZ", please let me know!^v^
I like that song also. I couldn't find mp3 but there is a live version by Spitz. Here: Spitz - Time Travel

Midlee

Post by Midlee » Nov 29th, '11, 14:20

Didn't even know about this drama till yesterday, and now got addicted to it. Great chemistry, Hidetoshi fits the character, Taecyeon is so handsome here too hehe. Kim Tae-Hee, little bit on safe role here but still good :)

As for the soundtrack... awesome!!! Spitz really made a good re-make of Time Travel. Wish to have the mp3 of that now aswell as the lyrics, if any1 knows... Onegaishimasu! >.<

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 29th, '11, 14:55

for me the highlights of this drama is in its casting. I really love every character here. as for KTH, I don't see anything special about her acting. somehow you can imagine her character to be played by any other actress and more or less you get the same result. I am not saying that she is bad in her character, but at the same time I can't say this character was tailor made for her and only her.

:whistling:

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Nov 30th, '11, 01:56

Issy wrote: somehow you can imagine her character to be played by any other actress and more or less you get the same result.
It's a 'safe' role, which is probably the best way to enter a new market. I think her agency did a good job getting her this role. But I'm no so sure about the "any other actress" part. For one, you have to take into account the appeal an actress would have to the Japanese audience. Not all actresses would be the same. Also, for me some actresses would feel too young (Moon Chae Won, for example).

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Nov 30th, '11, 03:21

agree. personally, if the actress is not as pretty and adorable as kim taehee, i wouldn't have continued watching. the character is very selfish and annoying especially in the first few episodes. Not just anyone can pull it off without getting hate from viewers.

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 1st, '11, 01:10

Back when Sakuraba Nanami was cast, it was said she was to be Kim Tae Hee’s rival. Did they change her character or will she become an antagonist in the coming episodes? How many episodes is this show suppose to be?

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Dec 1st, '11, 18:12

really like this drama..but not many people seem to discuss about this drama..i wonder why..cant wait for the next episode :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 5th, '11, 14:00

Episode 7 :cheers: :wub:
Loved every bit of the last scene! But, aww... seem like the story will go sad from now on :-(

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Dec 5th, '11, 18:40

Does anyone know who the actress was that played Kuma? I seem to have grown fond of her and her acting style, and I was wondering if she was in any more dramas.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Dec 5th, '11, 20:30

yanie wrote:Episode 7 :cheers: :wub:
Loved every bit of the last scene! But, aww... seem like the story will go sad from now on :-(
Yeah, and I'm sad it's turning sad... That's with Japanese drama... best episodes are often around episode 6-8 ;) But, we'll see!

The reporter laugh was so... weird!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 5th, '11, 23:53

I just watched the sixth episode, and I like this dorama more and more. It actually crawled up the ladder and is now my most favourite dorama in this season. I think, all the cahracters are really likable: Yuna as the "strong but vulnerable and lonly" superstar, Kohei, the "happy but dense" "nice guy", Fried Tofo as the funny and complex ridden star, the cute children who really don't care much about the stardom of the actors and just "like them", and the two assistants who are simply a cute couple.

I really hope, it will be a happy ending, though
after I read your spoilers about episode 7, I'm not so sure anymore. But that's the nice thing about Jdramas you can't be to sure that it'll be a happy ending, because if you are, you'll might get punched in the face by the dorama with a sad ending. Damn, now I really want to watch episode 7!
€dit:
Btw., am I the only one who somehoe expects that
Fried Tofu will end up with Koheis sister in the end? I mean, she just got back from Russia, was dumped again, maybe now at home and the children really like him. I think, it's not that unrealistic...and would be quite funny

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 6th, '11, 00:04

My prediction for the ending:
They'll separate, Yuna will go back to Seoul, few years later, Kohei would go to Seoul and find her, and he'd confess his feelings for her in Korean, lol.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 6th, '11, 00:06

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:€dit:
Btw., am I the only one who somehoe expects that
Fried Tofu will end up with Koheis sister in the end? I mean, she just got back from Russia, was dumped again, maybe now at home and the children really like him. I think, it's not that unrealistic...and would be quite funny
I still have to watch ep6 but even before that
I was pairing the sister with friend tofu too. because if everything goes on happy ending side, these two people who will be left out with no partners.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 6th, '11, 00:17

ohmy ep 7
I just love how her confession was in korean and his puzzled expression was priceless x) then later his reactions to the kiss were just too adorable. Kohei is my new fav male lead, too cute <3
I like every character in this drama too, well maybe except the reporter, but still without him the story wouldn't move otherwise ^^, I wish for happy ending too, the love triangle is a bit uncalled for at this point cause I never consider gammo as a candidate to compete for Yuna's affection. The idea of him pairing with Kohei's sister sounds nice (lol) like that everyone is in pair and happy in the end. I for once am not sure how it ends.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 6th, '11, 00:20

yanie wrote:My prediction for the ending:
They'll separate, Yuna will go back to Seoul, few years later, Kohei would go to Seoul and find her, and he'd confess his feelings for her in Korean, lol.
I think, now even HE should notice that she likes him...I mean, he heared what she said when she was in his room at night...
My prediction(s):
a) Kohei and Yuna get seperated in the end, but he'll meet her again, because he got a job at a Korean Observatory or she's got more acting roles in Japan, so that they end up together in the end in one country or the other.
b) They get seperated, and meet again at the wedding of Fried Tofu and Koheis sister or at the wedding of their assistants, talk to each other, and then end up together

I really hope, that they will become a pair...it would be such a disappointment if not. :(

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 6th, '11, 00:48

Argh, I'm so weak! I just watched the end of the 7th episode, because I wanted to know what will happen.
What is the problem with all this photo stuff? So, what if she is in love with her bodyguard? Why is it so bad, when it leakes out? They're both just humans. I mean, it's not like she's in love with a yakuza boss, a 13year old child or a 79year old transvestite. I mean, it would not mean the end to her career. Is it such a big scandal and SO extremly bad when something like this happens in Japan? I don't think, people in the western world would give much about stuff like that.If for any reason suddenly Emma Watson were in a relationship with her manager...people would be interested in it, but it would not have any bad consequences. Is it really that different in Japan?

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 6th, '11, 01:15

Kim Tae Hee reveals her fans amazed Japanese drama staff
Actress Kim Tae Hee showed off the gifts she received from her fans in her latest me2day update.

On November 30th, Kim Tae Hee posted, “One day collaboration gift set~~!! The staff on the drama set were surprised that Korean fans did such things, as they kept saying, ‘Sugoi~~’!! Thanks to you all, I felt strength in my shoulders!! Thank you~ ‘My 99 Days with a Star’ will already hit its 7th broadcast next week.. Personally, I think that it is now officially getting more interesting, so please continue to watch over us~!“

cr: http://tinyurl.com/7lmbjt3

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 6th, '11, 02:27

Nomanymore wrote:The idea of him pairing with Kohei's sister sounds nice (lol) like that everyone is in pair and happy in the end.
No, no, what about the Takoyaki lady? I want her to have a happy ending too XD

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
Is it really that different in Japan?
I'm afraid, yes. But, in Japan, it depends on the star's popularity AND the romance partner's reputation. The more popular the star is, the more scandal he can make, out of a romantic relationship with someone, be it a common person, or with another celebrity. If the star is not so popular, his romance rumors won't become much of a fuss and most of the public won't care much. But if he is a big star (leading roles level), the media and public would make a great fuss out of it. Whether or not, he is allowed by the agency to continue that relationship which has raised the fuss, sometimes depend on the partner's reputation. If the partner don't have enough good reputation to be on par with him, the agency would force the star to break up with the partner, coz continuing the relationship would affect the star's career. If the partner is a common person, depend on the agency's policy and whether or not it would effect the star's career, sometimes the agency would not bless the relationship.
This policy in Japan gets worse for idols agency like Johnnys, Hello Project or AKB's agency. They're not allowed to have romance at all, in real life. The older ones are allowed, but it really depends on the partner's reputation.

Most probably because fans in Japan are quite fanatic.

Sorry, I'm not really good in explaining this matter. This is how it goes in Japan. Dunno about Korea though^^

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 6th, '11, 03:41

^ oh man how could I forget her?! she's so hilarious, though I don't know who she can end up with xDD

About the celebrities' relationship in Japan, well. It's Jp where seeing friends = dating. But so far I haven't seen case where celebrity's career get ruined because of their relationship. When the partner is a non celebrity, the press doesn't talk about it much, just some rumor, then 'announcement' when they get married. No photo or such cause it's not a celebrity. I think if an actress dates her bodyguard, it'd cause roar but it's not sthing bad. Her image would be affected though, esp those with 'pure' image, like Yuna here. But this is drama, I'm sure they'll turn way things around so our otp would be together.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 6th, '11, 03:56

They released an official photo book!
http://dev.tvlife.jp/info/book/?p=1794

I want!!*v* Anyone's buying?

I also want the OST, I wonder if it'll come up on the net ... hopefully.

2 eps left :( I feel bad about the ratings... is it because it's competing with Nankyoku? If only FujiTV give better time slot for the drama, I'm sure it'll reach 16-17%... I hope it can become a success when it airs in Korea.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 6th, '11, 04:47

Thanks for the infos about "celebreties in Japan". I was thinking, that it might be like this, but wasn't sure. :)
yanie wrote:2 eps left :( I feel bad about the ratings... is it because it's competing with Nankyoku? If only FujiTV give better time slot for the drama, I'm sure it'll reach 16-17%... I hope it can become a success when it airs in Korea.
So the dorama will have 9 episodes in total? Where do you get this information from? I thought it might end on Christmas (December the 25th) like the contract between Kohei and Yuna. The Sunday slot would fit perfectly.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 6th, '11, 04:52

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:So the dorama will have 9 episodes in total? Where do you get this information from? I thought it might end on Christmas (December the 25th) like the contract between Kohei and Yuna. The Sunday slot would fit perfectly.
Oh sorry sorry, I meant 3 eps left!^^ There will be 10 episodes total according to WIKI japanese.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 6th, '11, 04:55

Ha, how nice. The last episode will air on exact the same day, the contracts ends. Cute. :)

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Dec 7th, '11, 04:32

oh my! love the kohei yuna scenes in epi.7. few jdrama i watched ends with not the kind of ending i wish..hope this one will ends in a way that makes fans satisfied? counting the days... (feel like cutting all the kohei yuna scenes and turn it into one totally kohei-yuna 99 days together hahahaha)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 7th, '11, 04:42

ringosan wrote:(feel like cutting all the kohei yuna scenes and turn it into one totally kohei-yuna 99 days together hahahaha)
Please do that! :lol

I've been trying to search for Kohei-Yuna MV in streaming sites, to no avail. :unsure:
I like this couple, I think the chemistry work. I wish to see them more in TV interviews together.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 7th, '11, 05:16

I'm happy, that other like the chemistry between those two as well. :D God, I want to know how it ends and hope, that they'll become a couple. I somehow feel like a 15 year old schoolgirl saying this, lol. ;)

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Dec 7th, '11, 08:22

yanie wrote:
ringosan wrote:(feel like cutting all the kohei yuna scenes and turn it into one totally kohei-yuna 99 days together hahahaha)
Please do that! :lol

I've been trying to search for Kohei-Yuna MV in streaming sites, to no avail. :unsure:
I like this couple, I think the chemistry work. I wish to see them more in TV interviews together.
me too ..only saw some of the cuts from tv interviews ..
(havent try making a mv ..give my try on the first episode hahahah it was bad..)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 7th, '11, 11:28

I've seen a few mv but sadly the channels got removed D:

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Dec 7th, '11, 12:54

fuji tv takes good care of their products

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 8th, '11, 18:50

I'm looking for a new J-drama to watch and I stumbled upon this one. Is it any good? Would you recommend it? :-)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 9th, '11, 02:16

If you like a rom-com that is a little bit cheesy sometimes, but often cute with likable characters, then I'd say: Give it a try. To me, it's my most favourite dorama this season. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 9th, '11, 02:37

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:If you like a rom-com that is a little bit cheesy sometimes, but often cute with likable characters, then I'd say: Give it a try. To me, it's my most favourite dorama this season. :)
I've also made up my mind after Ep5-7, this is (unexpectedly) my most favorite drama this season (along with Kaseifu no Mita) :lol

The first 4 eps were fun but just mediocre, esp. Ep4 was a bit boring. But the story picks up starting Ep5 and it gets better and better^^

I guess the 2 leads' chemistry makes it work.

ringosan

Post by ringosan » Dec 9th, '11, 14:37

my favorite drama too :D

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Dec 10th, '11, 03:56

Episode 7:
Did he have time to take that shot? He didn't have his camera out.

I like that they followed up the reveal with some humor. Makes it less melodramatic and conventional.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 07:17

lollercopter wrote:Episode 7:
Did he have time to take that shot? He didn't have his camera out.

I like that they followed up the reveal with some humor. Makes it less melodramatic and conventional.
Yes. I was wondering about the same thing. The moment that pictures was taken does not match the pbotographer's reaction. At the moment, he was too surprised and shocked to take any photo. Which I also found strange because he always is in ready-to-snap position and when Yuna kissed Kohei, he was not. I thought "yay" he has nothing to prove even though it did actually happened this time.
I am really enjoying this drama. Can't wait for next eps.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Dec 12th, '11, 03:44

I remember reading some post earlier saying that they want to watch a video for this drama so I did one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FetEtEeS7o
Just to say that at the end, it has a spoiler for episode 8. If you want to wait then, don't watch the video. :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 12th, '11, 03:49

ryoerika wrote:I remember reading some post earlier saying that they want to watch a video for this drama so I did one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FetEtEeS7o
Just to say that at the end, it has a spoiler for episode 8. If you want to wait then, don't watch the video. :-)
Yayy, thank you!!! :cheers: I'll watch the video later tonight, after I watch Ep8, then ^v^

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Dec 12th, '11, 03:52

yanie wrote:
ryoerika wrote:I remember reading some post earlier saying that they want to watch a video for this drama so I did one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FetEtEeS7o
Yayy, thank you!!! :cheers: I'll watch the video later tonight, after I watch Ep8, then ^v^
no problem. :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 12th, '11, 13:45

Episode 8
OMG!! Loved the ending so much!!!! Yokatta, yokattaaaa.... I'm so happy, they're going to fight for their love!!! :cheers:
I also love how all the women confessed to Kohei, his kouhai, Kuma, and even the Takoyaki Lady, LOL! They indirectly pressed and triggered Kohei to realize whom he really loves and to make a choice of what he has to do^^
I like how Taeson made Kohei to deliver his letter for Yuna. I also like Tae Son and Momo, the young pair very much, I hope they'll get to do something about that annoying paparazzi guy XD
And the ballad version of Crystal Kay's Superman is SO LOVELY! I want that song!

I just love, love, love Ep8 so much :wub:

I just hope Yuna won't have to give up acting for Kohei. (the next week's preview seem to point that way though :-( )
ryoerika, loved your MV!!! The song fits in so well for the pair! (But it's too short XD)
Last edited by yanie on Dec 13th, '11, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Dec 12th, '11, 16:32

yanie wrote:Episode 8

ryoerika, loved your MV!!! The song fits in so well for the pair! (But it's too short XD)
lol. I know it's a little too short. It was for an audition that's why its short. I'll probably make a longer one when the drama ends. Thank you for liking it. :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 13th, '11, 00:06

Gotta love ep8, it didn't happen as I thought it'd be, like in usual rom-com where the male/female lead is so dense til the very last moment.
I'm glad Kohei realized his feelings! and I like it's somehow gammo who 'woke' him up. Even though I don't entirely agree with gammo's method but all his doings are to protect Yuna (in his way). I like his character more and more.

My fav moment is when Yuna told Kohei that was all lie. and he asked her to smile to him for the last time even it's just a lie, cause he loves her smile.. awww
I don't know what to expect in future eps, they need to do sthing about the paparazzi. I want to see how they make it possible for Yuna to maintain her position all while being together with Kohei. They have to get their happy ending, you hear it fuji?!!

ps: I want 'superman' ballad version too!!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 14th, '11, 12:21

I watched episode withouth subtitles so I don't udnerstand everything. My thoughts:
+ I think it's great, that they made Kohei realize his feelings in the 3rd to last episode. Not the usually "we wait till the last 20 minutes for it". It makes me really curious about the last two episodes.
+ Gammo is just awesome. I really like his character. He is like a big and little bit crazy child, that's still cought up in the past, but a really, really good guy.
+ I like the characters in general more and more...I think Kohei feels really "real". He feels like a real person not some crazy fantasy product: he's sort of good looking (I guess?) without beeing a "pretty boy", he has his flaws and godd side and most important: he doesn't have some sort of "super-über" skills, like beeing unbelievable intelligent, beeing the best fighter in town who can take down 20 gang members on his own, beeing super rich. Like I said, he feels real to me.
+ I liked the scene, when he hugged her

After all I think, the last two episodes will be quite interesting, because
a) they still have the thing about the reporter to solve,
b) there is the question, if they will really end up together for good, or if they have to divide again
c) if they get together for good, how? Maybe they will even mary? Will she go back to Korea for acting? Or will she say "screw acting" and live with him near to the telescope? Maybe the dancing girl will be the new person for the manager to manage? Or will Kohei work at a Korean telescope while she keeps on acting? There are so many endings I could think of.

I'm really looking forward to the last episodes of this hearwarming dorama. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 17th, '11, 01:46

The insert songs! ^o^

Crystal Kay - Superman:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/B4i_SdaS/B ... INS_C.html

Crystal Kay - Superman (ballad version) - used in Ep8:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/pebNVb6m/B ... INS-E.html

Sharing other J-Drama themesongs this season here.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Dec 17th, '11, 05:41

yanie wrote:The insert songs! ^o^

Crystal Kay - Superman:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/B4i_SdaS/B ... INS_C.html

Crystal Kay - Superman (ballad version) - used in Ep8:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/pebNVb6m/B ... INS-E.html

Sharing other J-Drama themesongs this season here.
thank you so much. i love this song.

redkelah

Post by redkelah » Dec 18th, '11, 00:57

Hey anyone has a link for the full OST soundtrack? Please kindly post thanks

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Dec 18th, '11, 12:54

I've been looking for the OST but haven't been able to find it.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 18th, '11, 13:10

Sadly, the "Time Travel" version by Spitz isn't on the OST...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 19th, '11, 02:26

I love the background musics too, but can't find it on the net :-(

Episode 9 :wub:
I love the press conference scene. And, I love the fact Yuna is trying to live alone. And, of course the ending scene... waa... he held her hand... romanchikkuuu ^v^ It was really a simple scene, but since it's KOHEI, I got excited :P
I just wish there's a way for them to be together, but with Yuna still able to continue her acting job. But, oh well... if she don't love her acting job that much, then I guess it's okay.

Mionep

Post by Mionep » Dec 19th, '11, 06:31

ahahahaa I'm in love with this dorama!!! (Never thought I would since nobuta and kurosagi.)
The chemistry between all the cast is great. I've been searching the web to find interviews, pics... but, anyone here speaks korean? ^^

http://cafe.daum.net/99days

http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blog ... rentPage=2

Ps. Thank you yanie, for the links.

And about the end of the takoyaki lady, look what the guys from cafe daum did:
:D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Dec 19th, '11, 06:45

Kohei has become my fav male lead in rom-com recently. He's clueless, dense as hell but damn, so cutee :wub: or maybe just because it's Nishijima Hidetoshi :P lol I love our otp interaction, Yuna sending text to Kohei is so funny, and when he imagines his married life with her xD And the kids, they're my fav, I've never really liked them in dramas til now lol they're just so hilarious, and just how kids are supposed to be.

Regarding ep9
I was surprised by Yuna's confession at the press con. I mean it's so fast, guess with only 10eps they can't 'drag' the story longer like kdrama. Now everyone knows about her bodyguard. And looks like she's ready to give up her career for Kohei. But knowing how he is, he'd probably tell her not to, then let her go after 99days contract.. no scratch that. man I'm anxious about the ending now, don't remember how 'star no koi' ended, but i want Kohei to go to korea after Yuna.

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Dec 20th, '11, 15:56

The Spitz cover of Time Travel is included in their next album release.
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/12/spitz- ... m-orutana/ :cheers:

sensei991
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sensei991 » Dec 20th, '11, 21:47

It's too bad that the ratings for Boku to Star episodes were not better. I suspect that this was due in part to running in the same Sunday time slot as NHK's Nankyoku Tairiku with Kimutaku and Ayase Haruka along with the negative publicity in Japan from Kim Tae Hee's comments about Korean ownership of the disputed Dokdo Island between Korea and Japan.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/kim-tae-hee-fa ... 00089.html

And finally a female star falling in love with an ordinary guy is a male fantasy that probably has less appeal to the female segment of the jdrama audience.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 21st, '11, 00:20

yay, thank you for the song news!

Can anyone in Japan rip these clips, pls? I really want to see it. Seem like the first clip is unseen footage:
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/mitokanaito/movie_99days.html

Mionep

Post by Mionep » Dec 21st, '11, 09:24

February 1st!? aaah It's too far... but at least they will release. =D

yanie, I think the first video was already posted on youtube, but with a different background song (Abba - Dancing Queen).
http://www.4shared.com/video/Knl8dmNX/K ... Scene.html

The new ones:
http://www.4shared.com/video/cmCPdVIH/__online.html

http://www.4shared.com/video/dQ37nwhu/_online.html

http://www.4shared.com/video/Z6CXHUez/_online.html

Old interview promo:
http://www.4shared.com/video/P-TWFIKy/_ ... rview.html

*I DON'T OWN THE CREDITS*

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 21st, '11, 11:11