[Discussion] Mitsu no Aji ~ A Taste of Honey~ (Kanno Miho)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

[Discussion] Mitsu no Aji ~ A Taste of Honey~ (Kanno Miho)

Post by yanie » Oct 17th, '11, 03:54

Image

Title: Mitsu no Aji~A Taste of Honey~
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-13 start
Air time: Thursday 22:00
Theme song: Zutto by aiko
Scriptwriter: Oishi Shizuka

Synopsis: Morimoto Naoko (Eikura Nana) is the only daughter of the owner of an olive farm that faces the Seto Inland Sea. She is in love with Ikezawa Masato (ARATA), a doctor who is also her father’s young step-brother (different mothers). Masato was placed with relatives in Tokyo during his childhood and when he came back to his hometown, Naoko fell in love for the first time. Obsessed with him and willing to sacrifice everything, the passionate Naoko pursues him and qualifies for a prestigious Tokyo medical university. However, the Masato she has not seen in a while has a girlfriend, the beautiful and intelligent Harada Aya (Kanno Miho), who was his schoolmate in university. Aya was born the daughter of the director of a large hospital and can be said to have had a perfect life. Her presence brings anguish to Naoko, and she tries to let go off Masato. On the other hand, Naoko’s appearance causes Aya to experience her first setback and be consumed with a jealousy she had not expected when the man she loves has a change of heart and the three of them get mired in a love triangle.

Cast:
Eikura Nana as Morimoto Naoko
Kanno Miho as Harada Aya
ARATA as Ikezawa Masato
Mizobata Junpei as Norisugi Yasushi
Morimoto Naoko’s classmate at Towa Medical University. He takes an interest in Naoko’s naivete from the first time he sees her, and grows attracted to her.

source: http://jdramas.wordpress.com/

When I read the synopsis I thought this is gonna be another lame drama :P But I watched Ep1 anyway, becoz I'm a fan of Kanno Miho.

Surprisingly, the story/script passed my standards. The first thing intrigued me is how the main girl and guy are uncle and niece (blood-related? shld be...). But slowly the story made me feel more and more curious. Some scenes has different and interesting directing. Best part of this drama besides Miho, is the themesong by AIKO, lovely! Minus parts of this drama are Eikura's so-so acting and the main guy lacks charm. Junpei is like a bonus for me :P
Ep1 sets in 2003... i wonder, whether this mean it'll be an 8 years love story with final ep sets in 2011? Seem like they're gettting married already in Ep2.

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Oct 18th, '11, 03:16

Yeah the synopsis sounds eh.. but I wanna watch for the cast (minus Nana.. I don't care for her much....) But ever since I saw ARATA in Snakes & Earrings... yeah... he was very chilling so I'm all like intrigued by him. I'm gonna watch it between tonight or tomorrow ^^ Seeing the picture made me think of Utsukushi Rinjin.... I gotta feeling I'm not gonna like Nana in this though ;_; She looks like a seducer/selfish chick in this...
Image

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 20th, '11, 04:37

I saw the subs are out.
I'm trying to decide if this is worthwhile. I LOVE Kano Miho and Nana and the poster is gorgeous but watching dramas takes a lot of time...

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Oct 20th, '11, 05:23

Well just saw the first eppy.... hm...
A woman who legally can't marry the man she loves... and a woman who's not interested in really marrying that same man..... One woman hating the fact that her love is with some undeserving person.. the other already sensing the jealousy, hate, threat and all that stuff from her..... geez I hate love triangles esp chicks fighting over the same guy ugh.... What made this different from other chick vs chick to get 1 guy is the fact 1 chick is the niece so it's all controversial when a family member falls in love with a relative. So it kinda gets people sucked in to find out how this story will play out. But uuuugh I love Miho but I sense her character is gonna be annoying.. as well as Nana's. Women competing against women and I can tell both are the extreme and opposite of the other. Then you got Junpei who likes Nana... and who knows if that'll work out... Nana will probably be a jerk and reject him many times because she doesn't feel the same way as she does for ARATA... and won't even give Junpei a chance because she's gonna be so stuck on ARATA and trying to show up Miho (just my speculation) that she's gonna think no one can ever be as great as ARATA even if there's a guy right in your face who's interested..... and might at the end... maybe.. that's how they usually work out.
It's actually those prototype themes/plots I can't stand either ^^; The love square and unrequited love... Who's allow to have the unrequited love? Who will be selfishly get what they want? This will be a conflicting drama for me because I do like the cast but this type of story (though it has a twist) is really my least favorite. But I do wanna see how the next episode will be. I kinda sense Miho taking up a similar personality like Yukie's in Utuskushi Rinjin (doesn't the photo remind anyone of the theme photo of that drama?) Not exactly but.... I sense similar cunningness (and that's one thing I hate the most.. .chicks and even dudes.. but mainly chicks plotting & manipulating things to win someone's affection or prove they're better.. )[/spoiler]
Image

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 721
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Oct 20th, '11, 17:13

was kinda disappointed with the first epi
The biggest problem with it is having characters that just don't stand out. I don't know about others but the characters just seem to be kinda lost in their direction and they're not memorable. Except for Kanno Miho's Aya. I think Aya is a more complex character than the lead, Naoko. ARATA looks kinda dull too...and I really don't know why 2 women can fight over a guy like him. And i agree that it's not the kind of drama that will attract much people. The only reason I'm trying this out is because I like Kanno Miho though it doesn't look like her character's going to be much of a protagonist. I'm gonna give this a chance for the next few epi before judging.

But the first episode is disappointing. Hope it'll be better in the next.
Subbing: Chou no Rikigaku, Hitori Camp de Kutte Neru
Subbed: Ishi no Mayu, Siren, Kounodori, Boku no Yabai Tsuma, Kiseki no Hito, Boukyou SP, Suishou no Kodou, A LIFE, Sagideka, Aku no Hado
J-drama reviews: Ritsu no Dorama Land
Twitter: ritsu@avanpiper

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Oct 20th, '11, 18:37

^

I just think it's, well in Miho's case, just winning trying to beat Nana who seems like a threat. ARATA can be really not that important in the show and just 2 women trying to dominate the other (that's how it's coming off to me anyway)
The way Miho went about the marriage thing she's really not interested in a long committed relationship. She's only doing something about it outta spite and to win against Nana. So I wonder how this 'real' battle is gonna be played out since obviously marriage isn't the ultimate prize if they're wed just by the second episode.
I was skeptical about this series because of 2 chicks fighting over a dude (it's just showing selfishness... and I bet even if the dude isn't that interested in one of them they'll still fight.) so yeah I'm always eh about scenarios like that. And I don't sense it going in the direction of Taisetsu na Koto (if it does that'll be a real turn of events since it seems like Nana has more of Erika's character and Miho similar to Emi's but if their characters slightly change...) In the photo I sensed Nana being kinda cunning so I wonder what's under that so-called innocent exterior...
Image

User avatar
vancoland
Posts: 249
Joined: Jan 15th, '06, 02:09

Post by vancoland » Oct 21st, '11, 11:02

Lolz...That's funny. Almost all of the other dramas, there's 2 guys fighting over 1 girl, and I don't see anyone really complaining about that aspect of it. Even though the lead actress is slightly above average looking and has a bad temperament, the lead actors always ditch the supermodel actress who's chasing them for the lead actress. Even though it doesn't make sense much of the time, I have to admit it makes for an interesting drama. I'm watching this for the change.
I want to see Li Bing Bing

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Oct 21st, '11, 17:01

^
Actually that was really annoying in that Hard to Say I love You drama with Juri & Eita.. (Jaejoong & Eita pretty much fighting over Juri... but then Juri and like everyone else BUT Jaejoong liking Eita like c'mon give me a break...) I get annoyed when it's anyone 2 people fighting over 1 person.. especially if that person isn't even all that great >_> But I dunno I see 2 chicks fighting over a dude more often than the reverse way around in dramas...

Exactly who are you referring to as the lead actress because it seems like Nana is the lead in this... and she's pretty much chasing ARATA around...
Image

User avatar
vancoland
Posts: 249
Joined: Jan 15th, '06, 02:09

Post by vancoland » Oct 21st, '11, 18:59

^

Well, it's the other way around (2 girls chasing a boy) so I would say ARATA is the lead actor. He may not be the main character (which I think Nana is because of the episode titles), but we have yet to see.

That's weird, maybe we're watching dramas with different perspectives. In many romance dramas, I see 2 guys helping 1 girl, then both guys failing in love with the girl as the main story. I do see 2 girls fighting over the same guy a lot but you don't give it much thought because the lead actress always ends up with the lead actor. However, there is always this extra guy that gives unrequited love to the girl and helps her unconditionally throughout the series while the lead actor is busy being a jerk or getting entangled with the other actress. That is probably the main theme of almost every romance drama.

Either way, that aspect of it doesn't take away from how interesting the drama will be. The reversal of the story of 2 girls going after the same guy as the main story is a change for me.
I want to see Li Bing Bing

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Oct 21st, '11, 19:39

Well now I'm a bit confused because you said in your previous post

"Even though the lead actress is slightly above average looking and has a bad temperament, the lead actors always ditch the supermodel actress who's chasing them for the lead actress. Even though it doesn't make sense much of the time, I have to admit it makes for an interesting drama. I'm watching this for the change"

The way you described this I thought you were implying that Miho was the lead and Nana the 'supermodel other lady' (not sure if it's just the fact she is a fashion model too) since Nana is the one chasing him (well at least judging from this first episode) but yeah Nana seems to be the lead.... so.... dunno who he'll really end up with but not sure if he'll fight the law and crap for it (and judging from Nana's previous incest role it still is possible for her and ARATA to end up together)

I dunno if it's really seeing it from different perspectives or maybe we both just watch different dramas but I just know I see the main love triangle as 2 girls pursuing the same guy with some dude on the side who likes one of those girls who he'll eventually get with at the end.

The only interesting part of this drama I think to me will be how they'll go about the incest aspect. Because if that wasn't a factor, it'll really be another 2 chicks fighting over a guy (and when chicks fight over a guy it's not just simply trying to make that guy theirs but just winning over the other and feeling victorious. ) I always think howl love triangles are portrayed in dramas are dumb. They don't care about how the admired person feels toward them.. they just selfishly want them. Like geez if that person doesn't like you, they don't like you lol. It just look lie a waste of effort to 'make' someone like you and 'beating' the other person. I just sense a similar thing that's gonna happen in this show too... I can just hope it's not that bad and throws some twists and such....
Image

brokenparadise
Posts: 136
Joined: Sep 16th, '08, 02:30

Post by brokenparadise » Oct 22nd, '11, 00:40

vancoland wrote: That's weird, maybe we're watching dramas with different perspectives. In many romance dramas, I see 2 guys helping 1 girl, then both guys failing in love with the girl as the main story. I do see 2 girls fighting over the same guy a lot but you don't give it much thought because the lead actress always ends up with the lead actor. However, there is always this extra guy that gives unrequited love to the girl and helps her unconditionally throughout the series while the lead actor is busy being a jerk or getting entangled with the other actress. That is probably the main theme of almost every romance drama.
very true. this is what i've been seeing a lot compared to 2 girls chasing (rather fiercely) for 1 guy affection. that's why i'm interested about the drama. i want a biotch fight to be honest XD. you rarely see that in jdramas... well.. except the one revolving around a shogun's/emperor's Ohoku

i'm not feeling much for Arata so I don't think I'll be watching this

User avatar
vancoland
Posts: 249
Joined: Jan 15th, '06, 02:09

Post by vancoland » Oct 22nd, '11, 03:56

«minah» wrote:Well now I'm a bit confused because you said in your previous post

"Even though the lead actress is slightly above average looking and has a bad temperament, the lead actors always ditch the supermodel actress who's chasing them for the lead actress. Even though it doesn't make sense much of the time, I have to admit it makes for an interesting drama. I'm watching this for the change"
That part of my statement is meant for the majority of the rest of romance dramas, not pertaining to Mitsu no Aji.
I want to see Li Bing Bing

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Oct 22nd, '11, 11:17

FYI, according to Japanese wikipedia it's: 主演は榮倉奈々、菅野美穂(ダブル主演)
Both Eikura Nana and Kanno Miho are the leading actresses, it's a double lead drama.

Which means, the main guy, ARATA would be categorized as a supporting actor in drama awards.

User avatar
Vanilla Ichigo
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 9th, '10, 17:08

Post by Vanilla Ichigo » Oct 22nd, '11, 11:58

yanie wrote:Which means, the main guy, ARATA would be categorized as a supporting actor in drama awards.
But isn´t Arata considered as "actor in a leading part" here?

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Oct 22nd, '11, 12:43

Yes, of course ARATA is the main male character of the story, but main guy in a drama/movie, does not always mean he'd be considered as the leading actor.

Take example, Matsumoto Jun in "Hana Yori Dango", he was categorized as a supporting actor, back then in the drama awards nominations, because the official solo lead is Inoue Mao. Or, like how Mukai Osamu won Best Supporting Actor award for his performance in "Gegege no Nyobo", despite the fact he's the main male character in the drama.

But if the official announcement is double lead, like Karasawa Toshiaki and Matsushima Nanako in "Toshiie to Matsu", then both will be categorized as leading actor and leading actress, respectively.

Hmm... dunno, seem like that's just how J-drama ent.world works...
Last edited by yanie on Oct 23rd, '11, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vancoland
Posts: 249
Joined: Jan 15th, '06, 02:09

Post by vancoland » Oct 22nd, '11, 23:55

yanie wrote:But if the official announcement is double lead, like Katori Shingo and Takeuchi Yuko in "Bara no nai Hanaya", then both will be categorized as leading actor and leading actress, respectively.
I'm confused...isn't Takeuchi Yuko listed as winning an award for "Best Supporting Actress" in "Bara no nai Hanaya"???

And thanks, I'm gonna catch that series, as I was reading the synopsis and it sounds very interesting.
I want to see Li Bing Bing

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Oct 23rd, '11, 01:35

vancoland wrote:
yanie wrote:But if the official announcement is double lead, like Katori Shingo and Takeuchi Yuko in "Bara no nai Hanaya", then both will be categorized as leading actor and leading actress, respectively.
I'm confused...isn't Takeuchi Yuko listed as winning an award for "Best Supporting Actress" in "Bara no nai Hanaya"??
Ack, you're right. I just checked wikipedia. I swear I've seen a news article where it mentioned Bara is a double lead. Oh well, it's just an example :roll
If you're still confused, then I'll replace it to :
But if the official announcement is double lead, like Karasawa Toshiaki and Matsushima Nanako in "Toshiie to Matsu", then both will be categorized as leading actor and leading actress, respectively.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Oct 24th, '11, 01:32

Just finished both eps and surprisingly, it kept me interested without skipping any scenes and pressing FF button.
This is a first time i watch ARATA in any drama so I really can't say if he was better or worse but even though he is not as charming as I wanted for such a character to be in this kind of dramas, still I thought he was alright. but I am not liking his indecisive character. well so far. I mean if he disagreeing with feeling that Naoko has, then he should have rejected her more strongly on that night she came to see him to confess. you kind of expecting him to behave differently. or maybe it's just me.
as for Miho and Nana I feel that they have been type casted again in such characters because of their previous characters. we have seen both of them in very similar roles so one can't help remembering their past characters instead of concentrating on present ones.
Kanno Miho is great as usual in her role and Nana is not bad at all. regardless of which one is the leading or supporting role, I think they both are doing a very good job. but of course, Kanno Miho's many more years of acting, makes her stands out.

I am very curious about Masato's background though. why he was adopted and if he is really related to Naoko or not.
I will be watching for sure.
8)
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Oct 24th, '11, 05:26

^
I've seen ARATA in a few stuff before and they have been all surprisingly different (first time seeing him was in Snakes and Earrings.. a movie with Yuriko & Kora Kengo... yeah wouldn't even think this was the same person lol) but this one... eh he's another typical character. They have to make him indecisive or else the series won't go anywhere (I hate when they do that ><) So pretty much.. I bet anyone could've been cast for that role. I just hate how old they make him look.... he just looked a lot cooler in Hi wa Mata Noboru and now he's all... dull ;__; He even looked cooler in that variety show he was just in... (well basing from the screen caps I saw)

Well now that you mentioned that last bit at the end... it's now a turn of events dun dun dun!!!! I'm still waiting for it to download ^^
Image

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 721
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Post by avieamber » Oct 25th, '11, 13:46

I agree that ARATA looks much better and definitely younger in Hi Wa Mata Noboru. He has uh..shorter, trimmed hair. He looks unattractive here, i mean...if they're going to make two girls fight over a guy, at least make him attractive and appealing right?

That aside, I'm loving Kanno Miho's acting so far, she's brilliant being evil xDD Well overall, second episode is better than first. Things are picking up after a slow introduction. :D
Subbing: Chou no Rikigaku, Hitori Camp de Kutte Neru
Subbed: Ishi no Mayu, Siren, Kounodori, Boku no Yabai Tsuma, Kiseki no Hito, Boukyou SP, Suishou no Kodou, A LIFE, Sagideka, Aku no Hado
J-drama reviews: Ritsu no Dorama Land
Twitter: ritsu@avanpiper

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '11, 23:39

watched ep3 last night but did not get the chance to comment about it.
Ok, I quiet liked ep3. it was intense and story progressed a lot.
ARATA is growing on me and Aya is scaring me. all the characters have developed more now and I like it. I was very happy that Masato found out the truth behind their hurried wedding and Aya's true intentions and actually confronted her. normally, in similar dramas, this part stays hidden till very last ep.
this drama is getting more and more interesting with each ep.
8)
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 2nd, '11, 15:36

^
Yes I agree. I wasn't expecting this little twist in events.. and finally.... not another dumb, naive, clueless guy!
Masao's probably the clencher here to make me continue watching because finally... the guy's not being naive & think the 'other woman' is overreacting and turns into a big misunderstanding. I really thought he was gonna turn into that after his reaction from the child incident. That's who many dramas piss me off because this whole big thing happen due to simple misunderstandings. So it's interesting that they made him realize Aya's character (or at least half of her character) and intentions for the wedding this early in the show. I thought it was already weird that they made them marry so fast in the show just after 2 episodes because something like that would happen towards the end. So yeah I like the different change and route this is going..and it's also the past. So I wonder what the present is like. The way Naoko narrates... I'm not sure if it's like a remembrance narrative or she's narrating at that time (2003) because the way she sounds.. sounds like they probably didn't end up together.

Aya's character.. I don't think she's fully fleshed out just yet. We already know the past of Naoko and only a bit of Masao when Naoko was a child...(and the fact he's adopted) we don't really know too much about Aya's past and why she's the way she is. And that flashback in eppy 3 how she just... approached him like that to date is a bit odd so... I wonder if she even had a boyfriend before or had relationship/insecurity issues before. When they showed her crying after her confrontation; those were genuine tears.. so I wonder what she was truly crying about.
But like I said before... the fight of the women is gonna be fiiiiierce lol. Actually Masao's not a bad guy... pffft he offers to do house chores!? Clean up after dinner? He gets points from me lol
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 2nd, '11, 17:22

^
Yes, i think I will be watching this for Masato's character even though I thought ARATA was not the best choice for this role. now I am starting to think that he fits this character perfectly. :mrgreen:
I hope they start the present time by ep4 and do not drag it anymore. unless the whole story happens in past times and not much happening in present. but I am getting tired of Nana's bad wig and horrible clothes. I know she suppose to be that simple village girl but still, it is not so appealing. :whistling:
from preview, it seems that Masato and Aya will leave eachother. but unless Masato turns out to be not her real uncle, I don't think they make them end up together.
as for Aya, Masato said that he liked her from far away. I wonder what made her to ask him for a date first. somehow, Aya seems to be a person who does not care about anything or anyone unless finding some else has the same interest. it's like wanting to take everything that others wanted and getting there first. like with Masato, she never wanted to marry him if it was not for naoko coming to Tokyo and finding that she likes him.
and why do I get this horrible feeling that Masato will die by the end of drama? :cry:

I can't believe that I am counting days to see the next ep. I am loving this season's Jdramas. 8)
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 2nd, '11, 23:00

^
OMG YES! Nana's hair is a disgrace to fake hair like seriously lol. (and hope her character changes because she's just as painful to watch than her other role in Namida something something.... uughh stop the wimpiness) Well in the closing credits ARATA & Nana have shorter hair so.. it might just lead to the present in one of these episodes but it's really surprising me so.. I wouldn't know when that present time eppy will come.

at first I wasn't thrilled with ARATA as this character but... strangely he looks younger in this episode than usual (and when I think about it.. why does he look so old in the past.. but so young int he ending credits? Lol) I still have that image of him in Snakes & Piercings so.. it's kinda weird to adjust still lol.
Yeah Aya reminds me of wow.. I think her name was Aya too from Zettai Karashi.. the manga Aya always wanted someone else's boyfriend so she has that trait but I bet they're gonna do some more flashbacks with how they got together. I think more stuff about her family is gonna be revealed because I think that's a contributing factor to her character. It's also interesting that Aya was able to sense Naoko's feelings towards Masato. I really do wonder more about Aya's relationship with other men.

Yeah I have a feeling someone's not gonna be around at the end ;_;
I actually liked a lot of last season's dramas. This season's not too bad.. I guess the theme for Fall is Female detectives.. and last season was gender-bender lol (my fav being Tempest!)
Image

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 3rd, '11, 00:46

I am a huge Kanno Miho fan so I'm wondering if this is worth watching for her because frankly the rest of the cast and synopsis don't really attract me at all

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '11, 06:36

Sajen16 wrote:I am a huge Kanno Miho fan so I'm wondering if this is worth watching for her because frankly the rest of the cast and synopsis don't really attract me at all
If you are a "Huge" fan then how can you not watch the latest of your favourite actress?
I like Kanno Miho too and her character is interesting but I don't think it's something I have not seen of her. I like the over all look of this drama because Miho's character alone it's not the main reason I am liking the drama.
Image

User avatar
antspace
Posts: 1344
Joined: Jul 14th, '08, 06:41
Location: The Netherlands

Post by antspace » Nov 3rd, '11, 19:16

Yes I think this drama is worth watching, judgeing from the 3 eps I've seen till now. It starts of a little slow, but gets more tense and exciting in 2 and especially in 3!
Kanno Miho's acting is really intense here and I do consider this to be one of her better roles. I'm a bit of a fanboy though.
:P
About Aya:
I think Aya's insecurity comes form her almost autistic character. She has to really work hard to grasp other peoples emotions. It seems to me that Masato is about the only person she can relax with and losing him was not just defeat, but also losing a lifeline. Her work is number one, but she needs Masato too!

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 3rd, '11, 23:05

If you are a "Huge" fan then how can you not watch the latest of your favourite actress?


@Issy

I've been taking a break from Jdramas and watching Kdramas since about February but I'm ready to start adding in some Jdrammas again

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 3rd, '11, 23:18

Sajen16 wrote:If you are a "Huge" fan then how can you not watch the latest of your favourite actress?


@Issy

I've been taking a break from Jdramas and watching Kdramas since about February but I'm ready to start adding in some Jdrammas again
:P same here.
Image

User avatar
crazypilovee
Posts: 63
Joined: Aug 15th, '07, 22:17

Post by crazypilovee » Nov 7th, '11, 04:53

so can someone explain to me if Masato is supposed to be Naoko's real uncle or not? Did they ever mention it? there's gotta be some story since he's much younger than Naoko's dad... i hope he's no technically related!!!

did you guys watch ep4 yet? I wonder what they did after
Masato hugged Naoko and they looked into ea. other's eyes as if bracing for a kiss..
also did u guys see the preview for ep5?
Masato & Naoko made out! omgg so incestuous but it looked very passionate... i am kinda rooting for MasatoxNaoko even tho it's forbidden.. haha
[/spoiler]

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Nov 7th, '11, 09:49

crazypilovee wrote:so can someone explain to me if Masato is supposed to be Naoko's real uncle or not? Did they ever mention it? there's gotta be some story since he's much younger than Naoko's dad... i hope he's no technically related!!!
As far as the story goes on Ep4, Masato is still Naoko's blood-related uncle. From my understanding (watching it without subs), he became adopted son of a relative in Tokyo. The official website though, has more detailed info abt Masato. Naoko's father and Masato are step brothers (same father, different mothers). And then Masato was raised by a relative in Tokyo, who is Naoko's mother's sibling, as an adopted son. No reasons mentioned about why Masato was sent away to be raised by a relative, though. Maybe that would be the mystery revealed in the later eps^^
Lol, on Ep4, the scene you mentioned I kept saying, "nooo... yameteee, stoppp!". And then on Ep5 preview, my eyes almost jumped out, haha... yappari... But yeah, I'm rooting for Masato-Naoko too. Aya seem so... abnormal XD But I still love Miho's acting!^v^

Still trying to figure out Mizobata Junpei's character's fate XD (forgot his character's name)

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 7th, '11, 10:12

to my horror I have to admit that I am rooting for Masato and Naoko too and if they turn out to be blood related, I going straight to hell. :-( That;s why I hope that he is not really related to her. I love Miho's acting too but in this character, she is really scary and I really can't sympathise with her. not to mention I still don't know if she really likes Masato or wants to be with him to prove she is a winner in everything. in contrast with Masato x Noako where both look innocent which is more than weird considering they are having a taboo and forbidden love as story goes so far. and it is the first time I am rooting for such couple when in my whole drama watching years, I always hated incest loving related dramas.
:goggle:
Last edited by Issy on Nov 7th, '11, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Nov 7th, '11, 10:24

antspace wrote:About Aya:
I think Aya's insecurity comes form her almost autistic character. She has to really work hard to grasp other peoples emotions. It seems to me that Masato is about the only person she can relax with and losing him was not just defeat, but also losing a lifeline. Her work is number one, but she needs Masato too!
Very interesting and deep opinion there. I've never thought of Aya that way.

On a side note, I'm glad Naoko and Masato will finally sport on hairstyles suits them nicely starting the last half of next week's episode^^ Their wigs look creepy to me. (oh sorry, in Naoko's case, I believe Eikura Nana used hair-extend)

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 7th, '11, 12:38

Ok, for some reasons I thought of Masato as Masaharu. Post edited. :mrgreen:
I like all of thoughts about Aya's personality and why she is like this but don't know why I can't be on her side for time being even though she is in the right pairing. Maybe till now she is the evil character of the drama and Naoko is the good?
This drama is confusing sometimes.
Have to watch ep4, but I am happy to read that will be some changes in hair and wardrobe for Naoko. That long hair wig us just awful and it screams that's a wig and not real. :whistling:
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 7th, '11, 16:20

@Yanie
Well for me I wouldn't consider them step-brothers if they still have one related blood parent.. because I herd some people consider same-mother, different fathers as blood siblings but same-father different mother as step-siblings. I have both and honestly I call them half-brothers (because that's technically what they are) but I don't see my mother-brother as my half-brother (emotionally) because we were raised just like any other full-blooded siblings ^^ (my other brother.. the feelings aren't as strong as my mother-brother because we weren't raised together...)

I'm actually not rooting for any couple here... because I dunno.... I don't really like either of the girls ^^;
Aya's a b lol. I think regardless of what her past may be, she was really selfish and horrible to flaunt and hang all over Masato in front of her like that. Gotta throw yourself all over him to make a point and hurting someone? A bit sadistic... and well, my respects went a bit down. Naoko... she's... I don't wanna say so hung up on Masato but I feel like she's really narrow-minded with him and seem to only see him instead of at least trying to be a bit open to the things around her. At least she is a bit when she made friends with that group. But she just only seem to see Masato... even back in the first episode she really did annoy me when she was that very shocked he found someone. I know she's young and loves him but... she can't be that naive to think he wasn't at least getting some that whole entire time in Tokyo. And when the kid got injured... just as a potential doctor, I was bothered she stood there.... just think whatever emotions you have at that moment should be put aside to help someone especially if that's what you're going to school for. At least Aya did do that.... (because well.. it doesn't look so good if someone found out a doctor was around, knew what was going on.. and didn't help) But Naoko's young so I guess that'll be her excuse.. ><

I don't think Naoko's all that innocent as she's being portrayed though... and have a feeling she's gonna do something radical towards the end of the series. But yeah... I dunno I'm not feeling either pairings lol. The women are both selfish in their own ways... Aya's more of a possession kinda thing.. Naoko's is naivety... I think if Naoko matured a bit she may seem a bit compatible with Masato.. but that's my view on it ;_; But I dunno how her present self is.. so that's only basing her 2003 self
I hate when they do sew-ins awful... that was the same in Innocent Love or some drama with Maki... omg it was awful.....And didn't Nana wear another bad one in Mei-chan too? -__- I know you guys can do weaves... Ayumi Hamasaki's hair looks amazing (well she is rich) and even Haruna's wig in Host Club was believable (too bad not Yuusuke's but it looked better than these...) That girl in IS had a bothersome wig too ;_;......


-edit--edit-

Ok so I just finished watching eppy 4....and Naoko's dad.. felt like he gave a huge hint...
"You'll understand once you have kids..." So I think Naoko's gonna be pregnant lol. I would say she gets preggers right before he left but.. I dunno how long he's gone for but then it would be obvious he's the father (or maybe even Junpei being the father if they hook up when he leaves.... or at least him thinking he's the father while in fact it's Masato) or... like.. it would just seem too early. But I'm almost certain that... Masato's gonna be someone's baby's daddy.

A few things ticked me off... and it's pretty reoccurring in dramas too -__- That typical female best friend who think she knows all what's going on so she spunky-ly spouts out her dislike towards someone and the situation.. while in fact she only knows 1/8 of the situation. Those type of 'friends' soooo annoy in dramas arghed!!! So I was kinda mad she did that...

Dislike Aya some more... though it's her who really is suffering from the delusions so kinda ironic she accuses Naoko of it. But with how she reacts through the episode... I kinda go with antspace's view on Aya.. but I think Aya just doesn't know how to show she earnestly cares for someone she loves and will turn it all around on them and make her not at fault... like she's refusing to see where her flaws & faults are on why Masato's feeling/acting the way he is. Because though Aya seems like that typical kinda lady who's quick to get jealous, fight for her man, not trying to lose... (pretty much doing all she's doing).. there's something... quirky and different with her than that archtype...) I have a feeling though if Masato had a child from a previous relationship, Aya would still be just as jealous... because it seems more than just Masato putting this other lady (now who she sees as a woman.. a challenger since Naoko sees Masato as a man) above her... but just that it seems she would get jealous of anyone who has some deep connection in his life. Because I mean... honestly.. he pretty much was a big brother to Naoko.. and putting the romantic aspect aside... they do have a close relationship & they are relatives. I still think it would be natural for a family member, who's really close... to still watch after one another. Just because they're the opposite sex.. if they get along they just HAVE to be dating.... But yeah Aya's just being a jealous woman who is suffering from her own insecurities and such...
Omg Arata looks so awesome at the end of the preview!
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 8th, '11, 13:53

watched ep4 last night and I think I have some change of heart.
I said I am rooting for Masato x Naoko to end up together. I am not rooting anymore but
wanting them to end up together at the same time I am sure they won't. even if Masato turns to be not her blood related uncle, still that's how it looks in the society.

as for Aya, with all my respect to Kanno Miho and my love to her for portraying this character so perfectly, I don't like her. she is a freak and evil to maximum. no matter what upbringing she had, she is so manipulative and I hate these kind of characters in dramas. that smirk on her face after she made Masato doubt Naoko was enough for me. at one point I thought she is suffering from multiple personality but after that smile, you know is all well calculated. not to mention starting to spread rumours about Masato so in case they break out, it looks like she dumped him first.
I can't wait for story to get to present time. not sure what effects this time jump will have. and when Naoko's dad told Masato " you won't inderstand untill you have kids of your own" I don't think it is a hint of Naoko having a kid with Masato but Aya. I have a feeling that Aya founds out that she is pregnant after Masato has left and will keep this as a secret and future surprise when he is back. otherwise I can't see the tension continues between the three once everyone is gone their own way.
and Naoko's friend just annoyed me so much in ep4. miss know it all. :crazy:
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 8th, '11, 14:23

Issy wrote:watched ep4 last night and I think I have some change of heart.
I said I am rooting for Masato x Naoko to end up together. I am not rooting anymore but
wanting them to end up together at the same time I am sure they won't. even if Masato turns to be not her blood related uncle, still that's how it looks in the society.

as for Aya, with all my respect to Kanno Miho and my love to her for portraying this character so perfectly, I don't like her. she is a freak and evil to maximum. no matter what upbringing she had, she is so manipulative and I hate these kind of characters in dramas. that smirk on her face after she made Masato doubt Naoko was enough for me. at one point I thought she is suffering from multiple personality but after that smile, you know is all well calculated. not to mention starting to spread rumours about Masato so in case they break out, it looks like she dumped him first.
I can't wait for story to get to present time. not sure what effects this time jump will have. and when Naoko's dad told Masato " you won't inderstand untill you have kids of your own" I don't think it is a hint of Naoko having a kid with Masato but Aya. I have a feeling that Aya founds out that she is pregnant after Masato has left and will keep this as a secret and future surprise when he is back. otherwise I can't see the tension continues between the three once everyone is gone their own way.
and Naoko's friend just annoyed me so much in ep4. miss know it all. :crazy:
OMG she annoyed me tooo!!!! Like... stfu lol. I can't stand those stuck up, calculating type of girls (because she's similar to Aya in a way... also about 'winning' and doing all these calculations to make the guy respond in a certain and seeing love as a 'game.' Just sad... if you like someone... just like them.. stop doing all those tricks, & cunning crap -__-)
Yeah Aya's a b like I said in my previous comment lol and I forgot to add: Masato went down for me a bit once he actually for a moment, believed Naoko was delusional..... -____- Guess he still have to have that "duuuh I'm gonna believe whatever someone says" trait archtype boyfriend/husband.... But yeah he ticked me off because I thought he was gonna be a bit different... It's strange because I can't help but think a little bit of Taisetsu na Koto but the female roles are a bit switched (and I still had no pity for Hikari either just like I don't really so much for Aya ^^;)

I think if Aya does get pregnant it had to be that night of the first episode (but timing doesn't match up...) because I really can't see them doing it during this mess... at least, not with Masato.... But now that you did mention it, all the times she kept saying "we can't have a child" well.. obviously she is now ^^; Or at least the chance of it happening shot up really high. But I can still see Naoko getting pregnant too and Aya, who at first didn't want kids.. would get insanely jealous that Naoko's pregnant and wish it was her instead.. like that would be a 'win' for Naoko. But then again I can also see Aya getting pregnant to make it seem like Naoko has no chances whatsoever to be with Masato and will go against her will to have a child just outta spite & winning. I can really see both happening but I can also see Aya getting pregnant by someone else (like her boss... I sense more stuff happening between those two since she knows he obviously likes her... and she taking advantage of that) and claiming Masato's the dad. But I just wouldn't know how timing would match up with this... unless they do the typical "Oh you got drunk and we did it" scenario -__- Please don't.. but yeah I can't see Masato sleeping with her before he leaves (unless he really really gives in) but he already made out with Naoko...
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 8th, '11, 16:10

ok, this is talking far a head (maybe not that far...) and hypothetically
in my case, I don't need another night of passion between Masato and Aya to confirm who is the daddy. I did not think that were not getting along for long. so if Aya shows up with a kid in future ep, I take it as Masato's. considering Aya's autistic personality, she got married in such hurry as soon as she realised Naoko's feeling. so the next step obviously be a kid to tie him to her even more (my god, another case of Kaseifu no Mita? :O ).

unless if they want to go down that road of Aya deciding to have the kid with someone (this could also end up in dates not matching if you say things haven't been the same after they got married) else to get back at Masato later on. I don't know in that case how I will feel about the whole storyline because it will make it so cliche. plus, Naoko won't be her rival once Masato is no longer there. so why tie herself up with a kid when all she cares about is doing her research. so unless she is already pregnant, I can't see her go with someone else. but as you said, there is always "got drunk, fell pregnant" storlyline.

as for Naoko, i really don't know. I can't see her in that situation for some reasons. because that would give her the reason and Aya would be in loosing side. somehow, I see Aya having and keeping a strong hold on Masato through out the drama and what's better than a kid. that's if the writer decided to throw a kid in this mess of relationships. :P
I think I will watch the next ep raw. I am too curious to wait. what day is on? :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 8th, '11, 16:36

Please no Kaseifu no Mita here .___. lol! Don't go that route writers! And Aya's definitely not gonna give a crap about the kid... but at least Masato would unlike the dad in KnM ^^;;

But Masato's able to see through most of the things Aya's pulled so... the kid thing.. that's even if he'll allow that to happen (one of her 'performances' but it'll be permanent unless she gives up rights) unless they make up in the future (which we still have noooo idea what awaits in 2011)

If they really did do the get drunk, got pregnant bit... yeah.... my hopes for this drama will go down HARD especially when I had my doubts and hen got surprised for it not being as cliche as I thought it'll be (I mean.. it still kinda is in a way.. extremely super jealous woman with doing all those calculating moves... annoying best friend.. those side guys who like the two lead females... then the chick who also likes Masato but they are really threaten by Aya so that's a bit of a twist) but when they made Masato confront Aya IW as like "whoah! That's a first! And this early!?" So.. I'm hoping.. they don't pull the most clichest crap in the world .____. Please Masato... if there's several people telling you Aya's scary... and you can see the obvious difference in her... please please don't do anything stupid that'll make me dislike you ><!

Well Naoko is that naive kinda character so I can see her easily giving it up to Masato and then get all "Omg no I'm preggers with Masa-niichan's child! Oh noooooo now society is gonna hate us even more! But! I won't abort!" But she'll still be happy to have his child because she loves him oh so much. But I can see a kid in this series though because that's the typical kinda 'hold' you can get on a person in dramas.. and even putting the custody part aside.. just the fact that one would have a child that Masato's fathering will be enough to emotionally bother the other woman. Actually! I would laugh if the wannabe mistress gets pregnant! I would TOTALLY be caught off guard there. That'll be a slap in both their faces.... But anywho though I really wanna be surprised with this ^^
Thursdays at 10pm I'm just gonna wait for Heiwa to sub... I like their subs and they're pretty efficient with them ^^ (and I'm guessing are Miho fans tooooo because I member getting all like "OMG THE NEXT GUILTY IS OUT!!!") Yay I'm glad there's peoples to discuss this drama (and KnM) with because they're really interesting and not the so-typical drama ^^
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 8th, '11, 17:09

I love Heiwa subs and I am grateful to their subs. but as I said, I am too curious to wait. will watch it subbed for sure once it is released.
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 8th, '11, 17:23

I know how you feel I get tempted too just to watch something but I dunno... I guess if it's possible to wait a bit longer then I do... but I know when I first started watching PGSM I didn't care *is a huuuuge Sailormoon nerd* so liike... I was just so psyched to see! (sometimes I might not be into or in the mood watching it again too so that's why I also wait ;_; I don't wanna lose that excitement lol)
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 12th, '11, 14:35

Just wondering what happened to ep5. it's Saturday already and I can't see the raw version torrent. :scratch:
Image

User avatar
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mar 29th, '05, 09:52

Post by yanie » Nov 12th, '11, 14:38

Issy wrote:Just wondering what happened to ep5. it's Saturday already and I can't see the raw version torrent. :scratch:
I've been waiting for it too :( But perhaps the uploader is currently busy, let's patiently wait :-)

ZemusDS
Posts: 3187
Joined: Sep 10th, '07, 13:24

Post by ZemusDS » Nov 12th, '11, 15:20

Issy wrote:Just wondering what happened to ep5. it's Saturday already and I can't see the raw version torrent. :scratch:
furransu wrote:going away from tomorrow until monday, so no uploads until Tuesday
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_101046.htm

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 12th, '11, 15:26

ZemusDS wrote:
Issy wrote:Just wondering what happened to ep5. it's Saturday already and I can't see the raw version torrent. :scratch:
furransu wrote:going away from tomorrow until monday, so no uploads until Tuesday
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_101046.htm
oh, That's OK then. as I said, I was just wondering. will wait patiently.
Image

User avatar
emma-ba
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 10th, '09, 14:07
Contact:

Post by emma-ba » Nov 12th, '11, 17:10

Ep 04: I'm a bit confused about Rai and Naoko's conversation at the cafe.
Did she tell Rai everything? It seems like she did but I find it a bit odd that she'd tell someone she'd only known a short while that she fancies her uncle...
It makes me smile every time they use their old-school phones :)
Last edited by emma-ba on Nov 12th, '11, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 12th, '11, 23:20

^
I'm confused about that as well....
Because nosy 'friend' starts accusing Masato with all of this stuff.... and pinning it as him the 'bad guy.' So.. I dunno........ I'm vague on that too
[/spoiler]
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 12th, '11, 23:58

I got shocked to know that Naoko told her friend everything. It's not something you tell your friend (even if she is your best friend). I see it as plot hole and nothing else. poor writing.
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 13th, '11, 00:08

^
Yeah I agree... or... maybe the friend heard what she wanted to hear & made up her own story/interpretation lol. (or just heard few parts of it) My ex was like that.. you tell him something and like.... he hears something COMPLETELY different or he'll make up his own background story for something based on pure assumption of..nothing ;_;
Image

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 13th, '11, 01:24

just finished watching ep5 (all thanks to Heiwa fansubs :salut: ) and I kind of have mix feelings about it.
first of all, it is starting to look like a medical drama for some reasons. specially now that all grown up and 8 years has passed.
and none of "far a head thinking" about Aya and Naoko, actually happened. I guess. the tension will start again after they all meet up again now that Masato is back ( and I am not liking his new look)
I found this ep kind of disappointing (well, I think I expected too much). Rai rai has gotten more annoying and with all her words of wisdom that she was lecturing Naoko, now she is chasing a married man herself.
and a change of heart happened to me with Aya. somehow I really felt her loneliness in this ep and for the first time, I started sympathising with her.
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 13th, '11, 01:37

Wow it's out already!! Thanks Issy & for your spoiler ^^ (I think I'm one of the few who loves spoilers before I watch something)
Image

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1248
Joined: Feb 28th, '09, 15:13

Post by arakira » Nov 13th, '11, 16:03

Just marathoned through ep 2-5. Had put it aside after first ep cause I couldn't really relate to the characters but having spare time I gave it a 2nd chance and got hooked ;)
Plus I adore ARATA, don't ever get me started on how I love his acting and I also have a thing for Shiro Sano. Although, and please don't hit me, I never thought anything of either actress...

Still I dunno what to think about this drama or the characters. And I agree with the above...why tell Rai-rai about her feelings??
I feel like ep 5 was more or less a filler. Seems like they wanted to get to the present asap. Oh and I can't wait to see in which direction this drama will go.
I was shocked at Masato's behaviour before he left. I mean even if he's got the hots for his niece, how can he just go back, kiss her and then more or less just leave the country an instant later? How selfish and immature is that??

Strang enough I can't feel for either woman. Aya's a weird control freak imo. And drama did good to make him realize and break up with her early on. I dunno what made her become like this, sure got no love in her childhood or summin, but no grown up woman can act like that and expect to get away with that. Nothing worse than a lying and scamming drama queen.
But I also don't really have any sympathy for Naoko thus far. She's just a weak little girl with a crush on a family member. I got a feeling that her relationship with Norisugi is just to make it easier on Masato to come back and not really her trying to forget about him and fall in love - cause she just took the next best available guy (oh and Mizobata is just fine for this role...at least he doesn't have to act or display real emotions :P). Strang how I dislike all characters but still be totally excited about the next ep.
Although the information on ep 6 on the hp makes it seem more and more like a medical drama with a focus on relationships... rough summary ahead
Seems Naoko's and Masatos professor has liver cancer but since he and Kirishima fight about the position of dean, he doesn't want it known. So he asks Masato back and in the end Naoko and him are going to operate on their prof in secret...
Also Masato and Aya meet and she agrees on the divorce and tells him she'll hand it in.
Naoko starts preparing for the op and tells her Norisugi she's suddenly got to go on a business trip to the other hospital for 10 days. But ofc he senses something fishy about it. And Naoko's only thinking about Masato...

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 13th, '11, 16:46

yay, Ara-chan is here too. glad to see you watching this drama. there is something about this drama that keeps you hanging. I know. :mrgreen:
and yep, ep5 was a filler it made me angry. I mean they build up all those tension in ep4 and to leave you like this in ep5? :crazy:

as for Masato leaving Naoko like this, I felt it was too selfish of Masato to do this too. I mean, you know you are leaving in short time, but still can't control yourself? if he had not come back, Naoko would have been able to forget about him. 8 years is long enough to make her forget because nothing was initiated. but after that, of course her feelings will be lingering.
and Norisugi, my god I thought his character would be much interesting than this. maybe will see more of him in later eps.
before, I sympathised with Naoko more because Aya was freaky and schizophrenic but now I can with Aya too. me it's just me, but I need to have a couple to follow and like to be able to continue with a drama. so I have to chose between either one.
:mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 13th, '11, 21:06

I just thought ti was weird that even after eight years passed.. that elevator scene made it seem like it was a few weeks after Masato left.... Things are that awkward I guess between them like seriously...? I guess if I were in Naoko's position I would be less phased by Aya and not think much about her... but yeah.. I thought that was weird.

Aya's still annoying... I don't even see it as she's putting her career in front of everything else nor did it ever portray in that way, to me, as she kept on saying.... "Our lives as doctor is most important in this marriage." So....... when you sense him straying away you sex him up? You only care for him when some other chick steps in the picture but when he wanna spend time with you he just have to deal with the lonliness/silence because they're both trying to be best doctors? Can't have your cake and eat it too hun.... She just simply can't love someone 'normally' like the average couple would be. At first I got more the impression he was just a comforting person for he and only decided to marry him because of Naoko and I still think she's like this... (and never really put her 'work' first.. she just took the relationship for granted and doing things on her terms) but now it seems like she really does love Masato but I think it's more like those cases "You don't realize how much you love someone until they're gone" and doesn't like the fact of someone leaving her. But yeah, in no way did I ever see her as putting her work first.. she just put her man aside ^^;

Masato haaad to kiss Naoko or else... it wouldn't be a drama lol. that's how I'm looking at it.. as annoying & stupid that scene was and Masato's character was being... Because since the 8 years past, (and it's only eppy 5) we know that Masato's gonna probably cheat or obviously reveal she loves her Masa-niichan to Junpei (I forgot his character name for a moment) Without that last kiss scene, it probably wouldn't transition into what's to come later... even if.. it was so typical in dramas *sighs*

I'm really mad that Rairai whatever girl.. really brought that Last Friends guy back to SOMEONE ELSE home. Like, who the heck does that? You're having an affair.. and you do it at the friend's house (not literally doing 'it') The same hick who acts like a know it all and expert on love.. and can only snag her someone else man (and get mad when he helps his wife i the delivery room.. Well um.. DUH.... also he IS gonna be a dad. He doesn't need to show coldness at his work place. what's up with this dude playing a guy who's married but still has affairs >_>?) When I saw Rai and Aya walking side by side in the preview.. yeah... they're kinda in essence the same type of character.. at least giving off that same aura... (I wouldn't be surprised if she 'teamed up' with Aya)

I just wanna know what's gonna happen in the next episode.. yeah 5 wasn't that fulfilling (just the first half) Arata he.. just... looks way too old for his age (but still looks handsome #;_;#)
Image

User avatar
crazypilovee
Posts: 63
Joined: Aug 15th, '07, 22:17

Post by crazypilovee » Nov 14th, '11, 08:40

yanie wrote:
crazypilovee wrote:so can someone explain to me if Masato is supposed to be Naoko's real uncle or not? Did they ever mention it? there's gotta be some story since he's much younger than Naoko's dad... i hope he's no technically related!!!
As far as the story goes on Ep4, Masato is still Naoko's blood-related uncle. From my understanding (watching it without subs), he became adopted son of a relative in Tokyo. The official website though, has more detailed info abt Masato. Naoko's father and Masato are step brothers (same father, different mothers). And then Masato was raised by a relative in Tokyo, who is Naoko's mother's sibling, as an adopted son. No reasons mentioned about why Masato was sent away to be raised by a relative, though. Maybe that would be the mystery revealed in the later eps^^
Lol, on Ep4, the scene you mentioned I kept saying, "nooo... yameteee, stoppp!". And then on Ep5 preview, my eyes almost jumped out, haha... yappari... But yeah, I'm rooting for Masato-Naoko too. Aya seem so... abnormal XD But I still love Miho's acting!^v^

Still trying to figure out Mizobata Junpei's character's fate XD (forgot his character's name)
thanks for the clarification. if the website's correct then that would mean masato & naoko are 12.5% genetically related... that's like first cousins... hmmm i guess it's not that bad in some cultures it's legal right? lol
Issy wrote:to my horror I have to admit that I am rooting for Masato and Naoko too and if they turn out to be blood related, I going straight to hell. :-( That;s why I hope that he is not really related to her. I love Miho's acting too but in this character, she is really scary and I really can't sympathise with her. not to mention I still don't know if she really likes Masato or wants to be with him to prove she is a winner in everything. in contrast with Masato x Noako where both look innocent which is more than weird considering they are having a taboo and forbidden love as story goes so far. and it is the first time I am rooting for such couple when in my whole drama watching years, I always hated incest loving related dramas.
:goggle:
haha iono what's wrong w/ me but i tend to like incest related dramas since it's like the ultimate forbidden love... but obviously it'll never work out (like A thousand stars falling from the sky =[ )


i think Rai's really annoying too! and how can she be a mistress to that doctor and feel no shame?

finally Junpei's getting more airtime!! i can't wait for a love rectangle... from ep6 preview it seems like Junpei will get jealous & has the potential to do something bad... hmmm. i'm gonna be so sad if he gets heartbroken, but i kinda think that's how it's gonna end... i think all the characters will end up loveless in the end (since MasatoxNaoko can never work, unless they escape to another country n leave their fam behind or something..)

am i the only one who thinks arata's hair from before was better? haha makes him look younger/gentler :)

User avatar
emma-ba
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 10th, '09, 14:07
Contact:

Post by emma-ba » Nov 14th, '11, 11:04

I quite liked episode 8
It's nice to see that Naoko has moved on although I wonder how long it will last? I don't have high hopes...

I think the nurse Kana should get with Kazu though, he seems much more attractive than the guy she's currently seeing. Also is that guy the same guy that Rairai is seeing?

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 22nd, '11, 02:13

I quiet liked ep6 too. It was very good ep.
I am loving the mature Masato. And on second look, his hair is not that bad.
In this ep what annoyed me the most was Naoko's friend and her cheating BF. I just hated where she was telling off Naoko when she is one big hypocrite herself. It seems that not only she hasn't matured after 8 years but also acting more like a child.
And what a stupid reason for cheater BF to go and tell about Naoko and Masato. And why on earth he is connecting them together as he know their back story?
The best scene of this ep has to be when Aya was calling the hospital to find out if Masato was there or not. It was done so perfectly so you feel her exact emotions at the same time. Feeling of worry, fast heart beat, fear, dizziness and butterflies in your stomach. I just loved that scene.
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 22nd, '11, 15:11

I wasn't that crazy with this episode.. maybe because I was like "Uh... why is everyone so emotional with 3 people 'going away'?"
I didn't think many people would go haywire because just by chance Nakao, Masato and the top guy are away... and I dunno I get personally I got bothered with their reactions esp Aya and um... Junpei (forgot chara's name) because if you feel like something's wrong (Junpei's case) go.... ask... Character's/dramas like this are the reason sometimes I get all "bleeh" because of misunderstandings, assumptions, & insecurities. (also how a lot of dramas turn me off because of these factors.. this whole big mess happens due to one character failing to ask "What's wrong? Did this really happen?" etc and they wanna go get revenge and start hating someone before knowing the truth -_-)

And with Aya, I dunno already don't like her anyway so she got me more annoyed when she did that phone call. I guess because it's her, she would get all super jealous emotional but honestly though... if you figured out it was a secret operation, why even feel that way? -__- (just a question in general... I know Aya would react this way because she's super jealous/possessive) and you already said you want a divorce. Sorry but I think Masato made a grave mistake when he let Aya "handle" the divorce paper... haven't seen her all these years so why assume she 'matured' and 'got over' as quickly (or at all?) It'll be another one of her plans because if he as an affair, I believe she can get compensated with money or something because they're not 'divorced' yet. Sounds like another one of her plans.

Omg Rai's so annoying as well as that Last Friends affair guy. Really, Rai's extremely selfish if she has a problem when someone ask him how's his wife (like omg... why feel that negative/probably jealous because she's pregnant? Rai seems like the type who'll push her over or something... I wouldn't be surprised) I dunno that just bothered me... esp if his wife was in unstable conditions, would she still react like that? (most likely) And Affair guy was annoying too to do what he did ... and I'm disappointed in Naoko.. as soon as that top dude expressed to her "don't tell anyone" well I already knew she was going to -__- And to bossy, hypocritical Rai nonetheless.. Really mad she got peer-pressured into kinda saying it.. because her 'friend' thinks she's sleeping with her married uncle? Please Naoko, there's no reason why you should try to convince her that it's business why you're not in Iwate & with him... she is the last person to judge -__-

Naoko's gonna revert back to her 8 year ago self... not completely but yeah... got a feeling she's gonna bother me a bit now that Masato's back (and you can feel his maturity too ^^ Got a totally different impression and he just looks so... untouchable now) Pretty much Aya's gonna revert back too.... so it's not just Rai who didn't mature but... I think it can apply to Naoko & Aya as well when Masato's in the picture
Image

User avatar
emma-ba
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 10th, '09, 14:07
Contact:

Post by emma-ba » Nov 26th, '11, 11:17

Episode 7

Masato's hair looks much better in this episode when it's not slicked to the side, why does he do it!
It's good that Rai is sticking with Naoko and not going over to Aya's side. I hope the guy she's seeing follows Aya's advice and dumps Rai though. I'm a bit bored of hearing Rai complain about how he won't leave his wife etc.

I think Junpei's reaction at the end of the episode was a bit over the top though. He's going to leave because of something that happened before they were even going out? What a gentleman he is.

Next week's expisode looks exciting though!

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 28th, '11, 23:52

^
I dunno tat hairstyle in the coffee shop... AWFUL lol.
My respect for Yasushi went down.. sorry but I always get annoyed that lovers think the other is suppose to tell them EVERYTHING... they both work in the medical field... they both know that this thing happens (patient ask for confidentiality... secret operations/hospital stays) so why act like a drama queen about it? It was really blown outta proportion in my opinion and I just don't think it's something for him, in the position & field he's in, should get upset about. Then he got me more annoyed when he said that stupid comment "Oh.. can't tell me what your mom said because that's confidential too?" Omg I would have the patience lol. I have a quick temper so I wouldn't know what I would've done in that situation but it was sooo not necessary. His reaction was just... ick.

Rai wasn't as annoying in this episode and was glad Last Friends guy (Hosegawa..?) know he needs to break it off with Rai (even if... he doesn't.. at least he knows) I really liked the editing with the wine scene.. that was pretty cool and flowed nicely... kinda felt the subtle intensity building... should've known what was gonna happen when Yasushi forgot his phone... oldest cliche in the book lol.Next episode looks more promising but do have to say I'm liking the pace of this.. it's not all in your face of so blatantly obvious... and nice it does implement their careers/medical stuffy in this.
Image

Carsuke
Posts: 29
Joined: Jul 13th, '10, 20:55

Post by Carsuke » Nov 29th, '11, 00:08

As a man I perfectly understand Yasushi's reaction. First he's deceived, then he understands more things have been hidden to him, then he realizes why Naoko behaved weirdly 8 years ago and he feels something is going on again between his girlfriend and her uncle ... At this point it's just pride taking over.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Nov 29th, '11, 00:31

Carsuke wrote:
As a man I perfectly understand Yasushi's reaction. First he's deceived, then he understands more things have been hidden to him, then he realizes why Naoko behaved weirdly 8 years ago and he feels something is going on again between his girlfriend and her uncle ... At this point it's just pride taking over.
I have to agree here too.
he was not in no way "over the top" or "drama queen". Naoko did not come to him wit full and sincere feelings. this is some way of deception. not only that, she lied to him about her trip over and over. Of course we say that she had to and had no other choice, but this won't be the case in his eyes. the way he sees it is a woman who he loves and wants to marry is not trusting him. doing a surgery and disclosing patient information are two different things. he did not ask her who was the patient or even what she did. I thought his reaction was totally normal for a person in his situation. and I don't see him as man demanding to know every little details about his GF. if it was the case, he would have asked her about her previous love and why she rejected him long time ago. but he did not. and don't forget, he is the man in love. no matter how professional you are, sometimes jealousy over a woman/man you love so deeply can affect your behaviour. specially if it is to do with their past love lives.

back to ep7, I thought it was the most boring ep so far. except for last 10 minutes, it did not had much story. and Aya is back to her old scary way.
:glare:
Image

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Nov 29th, '11, 00:43

I just see it as it goes both ways. Because she didn't tell him and he was aware she was hiding something... why not think "Hm maybe there's a reason why she's doing so?" instead of jumping the gun? That's my perspective from it anyway. For me, if I can't tell you something, then I can't.. if someone told me not to tell you a secret then I will keep it a secret. It's not like he's incapable of not giving a reason why he can't trust her.. (I know I lie to my mom specifically about things because I know the outcome of it.. and I know she won't find out unless I tell her because yeah.. can't trust her) but instead it's 'her at fault.' To me this is typical drama-reaction that's well.. in many dramas and just gets annoying to me because the 'deceiver' becomes the wronger/bad guy. Just my opinion on it, and obviously not a popular one either.

But do agree the episode was boring... honestly I forgot already what half of it was about lol
Image

User avatar
emma-ba
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 10th, '09, 14:07
Contact:

Post by emma-ba » Nov 29th, '11, 19:21

«minah» wrote:
I just see it as it goes both ways. Because she didn't tell him and he was aware she was hiding something... why not think "Hm maybe there's a reason why she's doing so?" instead of jumping the gun? That's my perspective from it anyway. For me, if I can't tell you something, then I can't.. if someone told me not to tell you a secret then I will keep it a secret. It's not like he's incapable of not giving a reason why he can't trust her.. (I know I lie to my mom specifically about things because I know the outcome of it.. and I know she won't find out unless I tell her because yeah.. can't trust her) but instead it's 'her at fault.' To me this is typical drama-reaction that's well.. in many dramas and just gets annoying to me because the 'deceiver' becomes the wronger/bad guy. Just my opinion on it, and obviously not a popular one either.

But do agree the episode was boring... honestly I forgot already what half of it was about lol
I thought that he's not annoyed because she wasn't just hiding something, she was lying completely. If it was just a case of patient confidentiality she could have said "I have to go so such and such a hospital for a VIP patient operation." and he would have understood. However she said it was a business trip; he found out it wasn't. His feelings are extremely hurt because they've been going out for several years and are expecting to get to married soon so he expects her to trust/confide in him more. I feel Naoko is actually being quite childish because she tries to brush off what he's saying to her and doesn't bother taking his feelings into account.

User avatar
emma-ba
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 10th, '09, 14:07
Contact:

Post by emma-ba » Dec 2nd, '11, 14:12

Episode 8
At first I felt sorry for Junpei when he visited Naoko to try and discuss things once he'd calmed down which is the sensible, rational thing to do. Unfortunately Naoko was having none of it, I felt she acted quite childishly and maybe she never really cared about Junpei in the first place.

Aya has also gone completely mad at this point. I suppose she's just obssessed with Masato and she's dragging in Junpei too. Don't do it Junpei! It won't end well! Maybe she plans to use him to take the fall in case any of her meddling at the hospital gets found out?

As always the trailer for the next episode looks good :D

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Dec 5th, '11, 14:52

Just started to watch eppy 8 and well.. it kinda made me still stay more with my opinion honestly.
Not saying everything he said was wrong but when he said, "You kept that secret from me because it involved Ikezawa! You just wanted to be alone with him!" it really made me roll my eyes because it just seems like he is trying to nitpick/find anything to prove how much Masato is to her over him.. I really do think Masato is one of the last reasons why she didn't tell him and it's moments like this one makes me hate misunderstandings in dramas... because instead of people wanting to talk it out, they act like they know everything and want to jump to 100 conclusions then break up. The one thing I hate in dramas, movies, whatever... *sighs* I know that's what makes it what it is but still.. they usually all react the same way (even over the smallest misunderstanding) I just get so arrrrghed at it all lol. It's just my personal pet-peeve with it so I don't expect anyone to really agree or whatever ^^; Oh yeah I'm shocked Junpei didn't criticize Rai with like "Who are you to talk to me like that while you're with a married man" or something because I thought he as gonna say something along those lines but... didn't.
But yeah wanted to say that but watching more to see what happens between Aya and him~
Image

Carsuke
Posts: 29
Joined: Jul 13th, '10, 20:55

Post by Carsuke » Dec 5th, '11, 22:11

It's like he's been stolen 8 years of his life. When you feel humiliated as he was, yeah sometimes you act dumb. It happens a lot. Communicating is difficult I think. Anyway it was an excellent episode and I'm really glad the OST was uploaded because it's the big part of the atmosphere created by the show and I absolutely love it.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Dec 5th, '11, 22:43

^
yeah, I agree too and I too am still hold on to my opinion of him acting like this.
It's all well understood and I even can sympathise with him. nothing out of normal human behaviour. hate it or like it, his behaviour is very justifiable. what I don't agree is that he chose the loser way to get back at Naoko. and Aya is the partner in crime too. what I can't understand is for people who deal with human lives, decide to take revenge by inflicting pain on innocents who have no part. and this is very strange. Dr's nature is to care for people's well being. how do they take their revenge by risking their patients lives???

as for Naoko, although I thought her actions were really cool and mature, she should have been more sensitive towards norisugi. after all, she was the one on the wrong side and not him. he did not do anything wrong. all he wanted is to be loved by her. she initiated their relationship to begin with. if she could not fall in love with him after some years, she should have ended the relationship. not to leave it this far. 8 years is quiet long.

in a way, I am hating the writer. in ep7 norisugi had all the rights to be angry, upset and betrayed. now to turn him into this vengeful cold hearted stalker guy (which totally apposite the character we saw of him in past 7 eps) just to show Naoko the innocent party is just so cliche.

but over all, I kind of get what they are trying to say in this drama.
Image

Carsuke
Posts: 29
Joined: Jul 13th, '10, 20:55

Post by Carsuke » Dec 5th, '11, 23:15

Not sure
he wants to show Norisugi as the bad guy and Naoko has the good one. We saw Ikezawa and Naoko kissing. We saw Naoko acting childishly when she had to justify herself in front of Norisugi.
I think it just shows every character with their qualities, their weaknesses and their malicious instincts. That's why I'm interesting in seeing how this whole thing will turn out in the end. At this point it's hard to imagine the ending.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Dec 5th, '11, 23:22

some how I can
before, I imagines a different ending, but now I can see that each one of 4 characters will chose their own path and have a separate life from others. I don't think there would be any pairing between the 4 by the end. it just can't.
Image

Carsuke
Posts: 29
Joined: Jul 13th, '10, 20:55

Post by Carsuke » Dec 5th, '11, 23:34

You're probably right. If I weren't a lazy watcher I would have reached the same conclusion.

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Dec 6th, '11, 01:20

Communication is difficult in all of these dramas if that's the case (which is why misunderstandings and many other situations happens....)

To be honest I don't like how either Junpei (Norisugi was it..?) or Naoki are acting. I see why and from both sides the reasons they act that way but I... just don't agree with it. Naoko loved her uncle and tried to move on from him and force herself to be happy with Junpei (she wouldn't be the first person to enter a relationship with half-hearted feelings) but she's not completely guilty in this mess and Nori is far from innocent. I don't know how I would react if someone grabbed me like that ^^;; and then if someone told me to leave where I'm working at and work where he tells me because if I don't that would only mean I wanna still be with some guy. (Naoko isn't really helping in this situation for being a bit cold..) But if his reaction is justifiable... well, so is Naoko to a limit. And I agree with you Issy that they are making doctors seem to wanna hurt others though their occupation is to save/help. And I do think taking revenge doesn't help... two wrongs don't make a right. And actually this is what's wrong: no communication. If Aya just said all that she said to Nori to Masato... maaaybe things won't be exactly how they are (and feel as though he can't talk to her) same with Nori & Naoko talking with each other... same with Rai and Last Friends guy (if he told her how he felt... he's pretty much in double-wrong because he really isn't in love with either of the women) But no one wanna talk it out...

Aya's annoying as ever (in a way Nori is kinda acting like her too.. but not to her extreme) Though when it comes to other people's problems... she's very aware & well.. knows but her own problems, she twists it around to her own meaning and make herself in the right and the other in the wrong/crazy. I also found it interesting that everyone in some way changed over the past 8 years except... Aya. I think all are a bit more 'mature' (even Naoko) but Aya is still exactly the same as she was 8 years ago...

I think the same way too.. I don't think anyone's gonna couple with someone at the end..
Yeah.. Nana makes a bad drunk >_> And omg Nana has to be taller than what her profile says (I heard it's common to have 'official' things and stuff..modified...) if she pretty much towered him wearing 3inch heels..... yeah lol
Image

Zazaza29
Posts: 14
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 08:45

Post by Zazaza29 » Dec 9th, '11, 09:37

I can't imagine the ending.... but I'm hoping no one ends up together, especially not Naoko/Ikezawa after all the 'baggage' (two psycho exes >_>) they left behind.

I do understand Aya's actions somehwat, because I feel like she needs to be 'in control' of everything and hates losing, so she's now going with the 'if I can't have him, no one can' mentality. Naoko was also insensitive about her breakup with Norisugi, and immediately jumped to Ikezawa in a heartbeat, not even considering her ex's feelings. I liked Norisugi before the timeskip because he was a fresh breath of air (read: a normal person) next to all these dark characters, but now I see another convulted, vengeful character in the making. The drama should have been marketed a love quadrangle instead of a triangle, really.
Yeah.. Nana makes a bad drunk >_> And omg Nana has to be taller than what her profile says (I heard it's common to have 'official' things and stuff..modified...) if she pretty much towered him wearing 3inch heels..... yeah lol
Nana is a bad drunk in real life I think... she mentioned it once on a variety TV show. About her height, hmm yeah maybe she could be 172-173cm because she's around the same height or slightly shorter than Mizobata Junpei (who's 175cm) in some of the drama scenes.

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Dec 9th, '11, 15:04

Zazaza29 wrote:
I can't imagine the ending.... but I'm hoping no one ends up together, especially not Naoko/Ikezawa after all the 'baggage' (two psycho exes >_>) they left behind.

I do understand Aya's actions somehwat, because I feel like she needs to be 'in control' of everything and hates losing, so she's now going with the 'if I can't have him, no one can' mentality. Naoko was also insensitive about her breakup with Norisugi, and immediately jumped to Ikezawa in a heartbeat, not even considering her ex's feelings. I liked Norisugi before the timeskip because he was a fresh breath of air (read: a normal person) next to all these dark characters, but now I see another convulted, vengeful character in the making. The drama should have been marketed a love quadrangle instead of a triangle, really.
Yeah.. Nana makes a bad drunk >_> And omg Nana has to be taller than what her profile says (I heard it's common to have 'official' things and stuff..modified...) if she pretty much towered him wearing 3inch heels..... yeah lol
Nana is a bad drunk in real life I think... she mentioned it once on a variety TV show. About her height, hmm yeah maybe she could be 172-173cm because she's around the same height or slightly shorter than Mizobata Junpei (who's 175cm) in some of the drama scenes.
I do agree that Naoko was a bit insensitive towards the breakup (but then again I wasn't that crazy on how it happened either.... he wants to talk AFTER they break up... I don't like stuff being done on an impulse.) It's pretty fast of her to kinda be all over Masato (but it's also a mix of her not seeing him for years too) I got mixed feelings for that ordeal I guess.... I see it from both ways so I can't really side with one or the other
[/spoiler]
Image

User avatar
emma-ba
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 10th, '09, 14:07
Contact:

Post by emma-ba » Dec 9th, '11, 20:04

Episode 9
Naoko was tapping her pen on the table just like Aya does! Creepy...

Rai got dumped! Hooray! Now hopefully we can stop having her affair used as comic relief. I couldn't believe it when she tipped the paint bucket onto his head. Grow the hell up!

Oh Junpei! The other people in his department said he'd been acting strangely so maybe he's having a mental breakdown? Compared to him Aya is seeming almost normal.

Then the ending! I didn't see any of that coming!! Can't wait for next week!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests