[Discussion] Kaseifu no Mita (Matsushima Nanako)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '11, 15:52

as for urara
I think it is a bit cheeky of her to tell Mita about her feelings for the dad. it is very obvious and even the kids has guessed it. so why come and confess to Mita? of course because she feels threatened. she already has noticed how the kids adore and love Mita and even felt jealous of how the dad treats Mita. so I don't think her confession to her were all innocently done. it's pitty, I was just about to like Urara.
that's said, I still have to see ep9 with subs. maybe I will have different thoughts by then.

Panda.Kitteh

Post by Panda.Kitteh » Dec 7th, '11, 21:28

About the rubix cube thing... people can memorize steps to solving it. I have a friend that went online and memorized the steps so well he could solve any 3x3 rubix cube I threw at him in under 10 seconds, no matter how much I mixed it up.

I'm not suggesting that mita learned from the internet... but what I am suggesting is that it can easily be memorized through repetition.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 8th, '11, 01:36

Ep9 -> 27.6% :thumright:

Ep10 Spoiler from the official website:
The 3rd son, will get another focus plot! :cheers: I think the writer is trying to write abt himself :P
Kaito has to write thank-you letter to his mother, for the Parents' Day at school. (the day where parents[mostly mothers] would come to class and observe their children having lessons.)
Kaito is having trouble to write for his suicidal mother, so reluctantly he decided to write a letter for his father. Mita snatched away the letter and tear it apart saying, "You should write it for your mother,"
Then, the Dad asked Mita to come to Kaito's school on Parents' Day...

Wow, I think it would be a big progress/development if Mita would really come to the Parents' Day at the end of the episode, and sounds like she really would :blink

But anyway, above was just parts of the summary, there's other story besides that.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 8th, '11, 03:41

Panda.Kitteh wrote:About the rubix cube thing... people can memorize steps to solving it. I have a friend that went online and memorized the steps so well he could solve any 3x3 rubix cube I threw at him in under 10 seconds, no matter how much I mixed it up.

I'm not suggesting that mita learned from the internet... but what I am suggesting is that it can easily be memorized through repetition.
I watched the behind the scenes of Pursuit of Happyness and they had a whole clip of rubix cube which was really interesting. People solving it with their eyes closed and all this stuff so it's very possible to solve in a short amount of time.

Well those ratings aren't bad. I'm excited for it though still ^^

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 8th, '11, 05:43

hi first time posting here :D

Regarding the op in epi 9..
When Mita walked and turned around, I noticed that she didn't have a cap this time... Does that imply something on her character or is it just a mistake?

ps790

Post by ps790 » Dec 8th, '11, 09:38

I visited the Kaseifu No Mita display at the NTV buliding in the Shinbashi area of Tokyo recently (look on the official TV program WWW site for details). The apron and the "doctor bag" are for sale, although rather expensive in my opinion. These goods are also on the official WWW site. Her watch, a CASIO G-Shock Foxfire model (about 12 years old) is available in Japan and I see also on EBay from time to time (the US version is the G-Shock Illuminator), very sturdy and build like a tank. Last night on NTV they said that there will be no "Kaseifu No Mita" movie, despite the wide interest. Probably for the best, since a lot would be omitted to cram the drama into 2-3 hours.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/kaseifu/goods/index.html

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 8th, '11, 09:48

Some jokes I found in 2ch for the drama's ending :D

1. The drama would end with Mita leaving the family and she leave a letter which says:

"I'm very well aware of all your love for me. Mita Akari."
三田灯は皆様の愛を承知しておりました。  三田 灯

2. Keiichi, the Dad would say, "Mita-san, I don't have enough money anymore to pay you, so please marry me,".
恵一 「三田さんに払うお金がないから結婚してください」

3. Keiichi: "Mita-san, please be the kids' mother,"
Mita: "Is that a work order?"
Keiichi: "Yes."
Mita: "....very well."

恵一「三田さん、子ども達の母親になってください」
三田「それは業務命令ですか?」
恵一「そうです」
三田「・・・承知しました」

:lol

ps790

Post by ps790 » Dec 8th, '11, 09:56

> Cold hands might be a health issue. Maybe she has problem maintaining body temperature. ...

No. Cold hands only means cold hands. Everyone can have warm or cold hands on a cold day depending on how their body thermostat is working. That is to say, the body's thermostat is run using the temperature-sensing nerves of the upper front chest (which is why wearing a muffler makes your hands and feet feel much warmer). When the upper front chest is cold, the body reacts by cutting blood flow the the extremities (i.e. feet and hands), to preserve warmth of the head and trunk, and so the hands feel cold. This is common knowledge for the medical profession and people working in cold climates. Now whether the script writter has such common knowledge, or thought that the general public would have such knowledge, is an entirely different question.

r3nDo7

Post by r3nDo7 » Dec 8th, '11, 11:57

ps790 wrote:> Cold hands might be a health issue. Maybe she has problem maintaining body temperature. ...

No. Cold hands only means cold hands. Everyone can have warm or cold hands on a cold day depending on how their body thermostat is working. That is to say, the body's thermostat is run using the temperature-sensing nerves of the upper front chest (which is why wearing a muffler makes your hands and feet feel much warmer). When the upper front chest is cold, the body reacts by cutting blood flow the the extremities (i.e. feet and hands), to preserve warmth of the head and trunk, and so the hands feel cold. This is common knowledge for the medical profession and people working in cold climates. Now whether the script writter has such common knowledge, or thought that the general public would have such knowledge, is an entirely different question.

simply say cold hand means the person has low blood pressure and it's ok;) it doesn't danger your life and it much better than have a high blood pressure, which high blood pressure can danger your life and high blood pressure can make body warm. Because the heart work much more than it should be.
Its also common for doctors to say to their patient low blood pressure doesn't mean they´re sick or have a health issue :-)

there is also a quote "a cold hand but a warm hearth" :mrgreen:
Last edited by r3nDo7 on Dec 8th, '11, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 8th, '11, 14:15

bluegie wrote:hi first time posting here :D

Regarding the op in epi 9..
When Mita walked and turned around, I noticed that she didn't have a cap this time... Does that imply something on her character or is it just a mistake?
I just realized what you were talking about! :w00t:
Episode 1 ~ 7 Opening

Episode 8 ~

There's no way this is a mistake, this must be implying the change of heart of Mita's character starting this episode^^

Also, actually there's a difference of Mita's make-up too...

When she was working for the neighbour...

After she returned to the Asuda house...

She clearly wear a pink lipstick and her face skin color looked brighter :roll

More observation on the Dad in Episode 9 :D
When Mita was fixing the neighbor's necktie, the Dad's look was more of a "What? She's fixing other guy's necktie besides mine!?" lol.

Also in the police station, all the while he's talking to Harumi (the housekeeper manager), it was only Mita he was gazing at XD He obviously cares alot about her.

Too bad, there's no sign of feelings from Mita.

My prediction of the ending, Mita would stay working at the Asudas as a housekeeper, with just a teeny tiny hint of Mita and the Dad's romance :mrgreen:

I come to love Kii's song very much! ^v^

この坂を Kono saka wo
のぼったら、nobottara
右に行き、migi ni iki
木があります。ki ga arimasu.
木を曲がり、Ki wo magari
進んだら、susundara
みんなが待ってるおうちです。minna ga matteru o-uchi desu.

Hope this would be included in the soundtrack XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 9th, '11, 06:53

Ep11 Spoiler... yappari...
From TV Station magazine, Episode 11 summary: "The kids asked Mita to be their mother. Mita decided on something. Meanwhile, in the Asuda family..."

My SPECULATION:
So, they WILL ask her!O_O (not Keiichi, the Dad, huh XD) I wonder how it'd turn out!
But I still can't see any romance between Keiichi and Mita, at least from Mita's side, coz seem like she still love her husband and son very much. But it does seem like Mita started to care alot about the Asuda kids, but not to the Dad in a romantic way XD

Is there such a situation, where a woman can be the kids' mother without marrying the father? lol.

But it sounds like Mita would leave the family as soon as the kids asked her to be their mother XD

Cast Interview bits from TV Station mag.

Hasegawa Hiroki (Asuda Keiichi, the father):
I think many people would understand Keiichi's character. I think he loves the children more than the grandfather who keep trying to show his paternal love. He's just being honest and cannot lie, but he sincerely wants to raise the children, so he can't help but to think. It's an interesting role.

Nakagawa Taishi (Asuda Kakeru, 2nd child):
During the scene where I had to hit the father, I was told, "You may do it for real,"... so I did it will all strength.
A housekeeper is a 3rd person, so someone like Mita-san is good enough to be one.

Ayabe Shuto (Asuda Kaito, 3rd child):
Father went into the river, and he might felt too cold that he came and hug me while he was still wet.
The neighbors might be scared to see a housekeeper like Mita-san, but I wish she'd come to my house.
I hope the father and Mita-san gets married.

Honda Yui (Asuda Kii, 4th child):
When I went into the river, it was still quite a warm weather. But father went in when the weather was quite cold already, I feel bad for him.
I love Mita-san!

Aww... the kids are so cute...

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 00:49

Just finished ep9 with subs (all thanks to wonderful subbers :salut: )
I had to say that it was another very good ep.
although I found that her employment at neighbour house was a bit too much and over the top, specially that nosy woman behaviour (which is kind of expected from a person in her place) and kids convincing Mita not to burn herself too dramatic, but over all I enjoyed this ep to its fullest.
self destruction idea was good enough reason for me to accept Mita's unbelievable actions which I could not get my head around it and I am happy that they have explained it well.
I like how Mita is turning back to acting and talking almost like normal people. the scene where she imagines her son and husband's eating was very tense though. I see it as the way Mita is starting to look and feel at asuda's. before she was there just as a housekeeper and now after urara's confession, the way she was looking around, it looked like she was feeling at home and belongs to that place. that's why she started seeing her dead husband and son as they are sitting in their home.
but what was funny in holding the candle scene is that everyone is trying to pull the candle and struggle when a simple blow could have done the job.
Can't wait for remaining two eps. but to be honest,
I could not sense or feel any interest by Mita or the father in this ep. I could see it all along previous eps but not this one. that's strange. and that Mita without the hat in opening, is most definitely intentional. it shows all changes that is happening with her.
but what I still can't understand is
how people around Mita (in her past) blame her for everything (even though she had no part in any of it) just because she was a happy go lucky person who used to smile all the time. her mother, her brother and her in laws. :scratch:
Thanks alot yanie for all those extra goodies you bring to this thread. I really enjoy reading them. :salut:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 10th, '11, 02:13

Issy wrote: but what I still can't understand is
how people around Mita (in her past) blame her for everything (even though she had no part in any of it) just because she was a happy go lucky person who used to smile all the time. her mother, her brother and her in laws. :scratch:
Mita's mother is just jealous of her. It's similar to Mother drama where the kid gets thrown into the trash because her BF was giving some of his attention to her. Similarly, Mita's mother is jealous of her own daughter because her current husband is giving Mita attention. Her brother is blaming her for seducing him because he's in denial that the one who he likes doesn't like him. So it must be her fault. The in-laws blame her because if their son didn't marry her, he wouldn't be dead. It's her fault for allowing her half bro into the house which caused the death of their son and grand son. Not logical, but when people have nowhere to place their anger, they need to find somewhere or someone to vent it on (by placing blame on others)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 02:25

seirin wrote:
Mita's mother is just jealous of her. It's similar to Mother drama where the kid gets thrown into the trash because her BF was giving some of his attention to her. Similarly, Mita's mother is jealous of her own daughter because her current husband is giving Mita attention. Her brother is blaming her for seducing him because he's in denial that the one who he likes doesn't like him. So it must be her fault. The in-laws blame her because if their son didn't marry her, he wouldn't be dead. It's her fault for allowing her half bro into the house which caused the death of their son and grand son. Not logical, but when people have nowhere to place their anger, they need to find somewhere or someone to vent it on (by placing blame on others)
Yeah, I know the reasons why! I just can't get my head around on how such people exit. I guess you see all sorts...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 10th, '11, 11:34

Issy wrote:
but what was funny in holding the candle scene is that everyone is trying to pull the candle and struggle when a simple blow could have done the job.
LOL! It bothered me alot too!! :lol Like, OMG, just blow the candle, you fools! :mrgreen:
If only it was a knife instead of a candle, I could definitely take that scene more seriously.
Issy wrote:Can't wait for remaining two eps. but to be honest,
I could not sense or feel any interest by Mita or the father in this ep. I could see it all along previous eps but not this one. that's strange.
I can understand if one cannot see any "feeling" signs between Mita and Keiichi in Ep9.

But how could you see any signs between them in the previous eps? :blink Keiichi was still madly in love with his (ex) lover all the while, up through Episode 7. There was no way Keiichi had any obvious feelings for Mita in those episodes. (although feelings may have started, but he definitely didn't realize it, thus there were no signs)

As for Mita, I see no signs from her, that she has feelings for Keiichi in all 9 episodes. Well, given that poker face, it shld be hard to see any obvious signs anyway :P

What made me think of the possibility, is simply bcoz the kids started to see her as a mother figure. Not because I see "signs" from Mita, I guess.

Actually, to think it over, I might not like the idea of Keiichi and Mita together at the end of the series, because his wife JUST commited suicide caused by his affair with another woman. If he falls in love with Mita that fast, that means the character doesn't reflect on his mistakes at all, and there's high possibility that he might have another affair in the near future XD UNLESS, the ending is fast-forwarded to 2-3 years later^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 12:21

as I said, it could be just my imagination running wild as I like to pair up odd people together when you least think of them. The way she comforted him in various times, the neck tie scnene ( but I know that she does it for all guys she works for) made
me think of the possibility of something might happen in future.
But I also don't think the father will get together with Mita anytime soon and maybe never because there are no signs of attraction between the two anyway. And I don't know what Japanese think of a sister taking her dead sister place and marry her husband. Is it a tabo or acceptable? In the case of being OK, I guess the ptobabilty of urara and Kiichi getting together is higher than Mita and him. She is severly emotionally scared. By the time she is able to being her oldself (if she ever does), urara had more chace of getting together with father. You can see how everyone is opening up to her anyway. But still, kids are too attached to Mita.

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Dec 10th, '11, 12:38

yanie wrote:Some jokes I found in 2ch for the drama's ending :D

1. The drama would end with Mita leaving the family and she leave a letter which says:

"I'm very well aware of all your love for me. Mita Akari."
三田灯は皆様の愛を承知しておりました。  三田 灯

2. Keiichi, the Dad would say, "Mita-san, I don't have enough money anymore to pay you, so please marry me,".
恵一 「三田さんに払うお金がないから結婚してください」

3. Keiichi: "Mita-san, please be the kids' mother,"
Mita: "Is that a work order?"
Keiichi: "Yes."
Mita: "....very well."

恵一「三田さん、子ども達の母親になってください」
三田「それは業務命令ですか?」
恵一「そうです」
三田「・・・承知しました」

I enjoyed reading this one. People's thoughts are really funny yet witty. :D
I like the 3rd one most though. :P

I haven't really thought about any romance brewing on this drama, but it did came into
my mind at one time that Mita is a very good wife candidate of the husband.
But though its a possibility, it cannot be rushed since we all know both of them have lots of personal issues to get over with totally. Mita has to move on and stop blaming herself as the cause of death of her husband and son while Keiichi though beginning to start from scratch has to get to be firm about his own emotions and start to mature both as to being a father and a husband again.

I personally want Mita to become part of the family, not just a housekeeper or sitter of the kids but a wife as well. he..he.. :wub: :P

As some of the observations was written here, Keiichi does exercise authority now, unlike before that wants to be asked/ordered all the time. That small chat with the
kids about their names meaning is actually the reason why the kids have the confidence to confront Mita (very well written there). The scene at the police station was also a good timing for Mita to comeback to them.

As for Urara's character, I can't see her coming to the picture as the wife of Keiichi.
perhaps, Keiichi is her first love that's why she is acting that way. The fact she is a sister in law is a non-issue for me. She is just too clumsy and way out of hand for the family. She can only qualify as one if Mita's skill will be transferred to her (eeeehhhhhh!!!!) as to how I don't know and I don't want to.

The appearance of Mita's husband and son is probably to help Mita to be at peace about their deaths and one way of telling her : "its okay Mita, you can be happy and have a new family". :-)

Mita and Keiichi does not have to be together right away at the end of the series but
I surely want them to end as one whole family with the kids. If both can't be together then Keiichi must remain to be a bachelor. LOL Mita's presence would be redundant and useless for the family if a new wife is introduced don't you think? And please the reason that anybody she love turns unhappy must not be applied to Keiichi's family.
Can't wait for ep10.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 10th, '11, 16:22

Hmm... the writer said, he'd like the audience to imagine it themselves, how Mita continue to live, at the end of the series, that's why there'd be no sequels... it seems like it means the ending would be:
1. Mita would leave the family. So the audience may freely imagine how she continue to live on.

2. Mita would stay working at the Asudas as a housekeeper. So the audience can freely imagine that she MAY leave the family one day.... OR marry Keiichi and be the kids' mother in a further future XD

To see Keiichi marrying someone at the end of the series. (be it Mita or Urara or the lover) does seem impossible for now...

But, seriously.... Keiichi-Urara dake wa... yamete hoshii yo naa~ :unsure: The kids would definitely against this pair! :lol

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '11, 16:56

Urara- Kiichi pairing was only mentioned here to emphesis on length of time needed for Mita to get together with the dad. I did not really mean they were actually to end up together. It's like saying it's more possible for urara- Kiichi paring than Mita-Kiichi.
Of course there is no way of kids agreeing to live with Urara under the same roof.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 10th, '11, 18:32

Regarding the candle issue.
I was thinking they should have blown it out too LOL However, if you think about it some more. It wouldn't have helped. Kakeru blew out the other one and Mita just picked up a new one. So even if they blew it out, Mita would just pick up another candle and the process would repeat until she ran out of candles. Then she would just use a lighter, which would make it even more difficult to stop her without causing an accident. The lighter is so small, with all the grabbing, pushing and pulling, it might fall and they all get burned with the house.

The only solution is to talk to her and convince her. Only Mita can stop herself from self destruction.
As for the ending. I don't really care how it ends. I just hope Mita can let go of the past and live life for herself again. It's really sad the way she's torturing herself.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 10th, '11, 22:42

I enjoyed this episode and like Issy said, some parts were dramatic but I think the message was strong though. This is the most we've seen this family in sync and it's so cute ^^ I laughed when the Dad imitated Mita's voice "...that's for you to decide." lol. It gives it a more... "We overcame so much and our bond is growing stronger than ever before" feeling. Even when they were all watching the clock together I just thought it was really touching and kinda warm.

The neighbor was annoying. Of course though ^^; How she got mad that Mita was really gonna burn the house down. I mean yeah, of course the 'normal' person would not do it just because someone told them to but... I mean who's worse? The one commanding the action or the one doing it? (it's like a hitman... is the hitman worse than his client?) Be careful what you wish for (though I was ticked when that family selfishly ran out the house instead of commanding Mita not to do it... like.... seriously -___-) But man they're raising a disrespectful son.. like... if my niece ever thrown down someone's gift to them and insult it... omg lol. Like how is the mother gonna just stand there and take that? Well that's why her husband's cheating on her anyway.

I think it's cool how the kids were the ones to save Mita. I think it's more powerful and meaningful this way than if the dad did it. It shows how much they matured and of course the characters/meaning of their names. I think this was also the first time she ever cried (last episode was the verge) but yeah just mere children moving a woman like her and what she's been through.

I really do like Mita's character.. well more like her presence. It's a way for people to self-reflect and realize how much they have taken for granted without that really being the intent. But yeah I guess I personally like an emotionless person in show.. there's so much you can go about with it.

Something more is gonna happen with Urara... they won't just have her confess to mita that she likes him and will stop coming by. I don't see her ending up with him either but I still feel she was also doing so much because she felt bad for them and just wanted to help. I think more's gonna happen with this luck of hers though.
@Issy I noticed in many Japanese dramas the repeated word "responsibility" so.... even when they don't even know something will lead to this or that or years later but someone has to bare the responsibility of the action. And it just sucks that all of it has to be pinned on Mita. I mean the mom could blamed for Mita's father death... if she never slept with him & got preggers Mita would never been born.... but yeah like seirin said people having to pin it on someone and it's sad such people have that kind of mindset. I believe in contribution & influence as well as "it just happened..." No one should

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 11th, '11, 23:27

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 12th, '11, 09:22

Another ending joke, lol, I love these parodies.

俺の最終話エンディング予想
あすだ家「ミタさん!家族になってくれませんか?」
ミタ「・・・それは業務命令ですか?」
父「えっ!?いや、あ、あぁ・・・」
キイ「業務命令じゃないよ、ミタさん。キイ、ミタさんがお母さんがい~い~」
長女「お願いミタ・・・、お、かあ、さ、ん・・・」
長男「おかあさん!」
次男「お、お母さん!」
父「子供たちもこう言ってますし、ミタさん、いや灯さん!僕と結婚して下さい!」
ミタ「(長い沈黙の後)・・・承知しました。」
~「優しくなりたい」斉藤和義 イントロ~

My Ending Prediction.
Family: Mita-san! Please be a part of our family!
Mita: ... is that a work order?
Dad: Eh!? No, uh, um...
Kii: It's not a work order, Mita-san! Kii wants Mita-san to be our Mom!
1st daughter: Please, Mita--... mo..ther...
2nd son: Mother!
3rd son: Mo...mom!
Dad: The kids are asking you too. So, Mita-san, no, Akari-san! Please marry me!
Mita: (long silence) .........very well.
[the themesong is on]

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 12th, '11, 13:35

I somehow just can't see Keiichi with Mita. He just doesn't seem like a reliable husband. He seems like a wishy washy guy. The kids would be good for Mita though. They really show their love for her. Although Keiichi isn't good husband material, I wouldn't wish Urara on him either.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 13th, '11, 19:19

I think the ending will be pretty predictable a la the teacher style doramas. She solves the problem of the family and they helped her work through her own problems. I suspect that she'll leave and move on to another family.

It's a shame Nanako ruled out a sequel. But, she didn't rule out a "prequel" :P If there is a series that begs for a prequel, it's this one

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 14th, '11, 12:23

€: Sorry, double post.
Last edited by GaussAlgorithmus on Dec 14th, '11, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 14th, '11, 12:25

auroragb wrote:I think the ending will be pretty predictable a la the teacher style doramas. She solves the problem of the family and they helped her work through her own problems. I suspect that she'll leave and move on to another family.
Maybe the Father will end up with Urara? ;) I have to say, that the very thought of this is a little bit weired to me...getting together with your dead wifes sister is a little bit creepy to me. ;)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 14th, '11, 14:59

Episode 10
Kii: Mita-san, please be our mother.
Mita: ........ very well.

:w00t:

On the other hand, if this is the ending of Ep10, I'm afraid the ending of the series will be: Mita leaving the family, yappari :-(

Oh well... at least, I'll enjoy moments where Mita become the mother of the kids. Seem like she'd even sign the marriage application and hand it over to Keiichi, in next week's episode.

imwormy

Post by imwormy » Dec 14th, '11, 15:16

urara will hit Mita in the next episode?:blink

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 14th, '11, 23:29

Singing Mita? :w00t: :mrgreen:

counsel05

Post by counsel05 » Dec 15th, '11, 05:32

yanie wrote:Episode 10
Kii: Mita-san, please be our mother.
Mita: ........ very well.

:w00t:

On the other hand, if this is the ending of Ep10, I'm afraid the ending of the series will be: Mita leaving the family, yappari :-(

Oh well... at least, I'll enjoy moments where Mita become the mother of the kids. Seem like she'd even sign the marriage application and hand it over to Keiichi, in next week's episode.
Is this confirm? though I'm happy about it, i have fears of what the ending would be like.
if they wish to have another Mita 2nd season, she will definitely leave the family in the end since its not how it works for her. however, the mystery of her character would be gone if there will be a 2nd season don't you think?
I hope the ending will make us feel good and contented (at least) :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 15th, '11, 07:31

I really hope everything ends up here and won't drag to a 2nd season. It will definitely looses its originality and freshness. And I thought that they want to show a change in Mita herself. So by the end if she has has, they can't make her start all over again with a new family as it seems a step back. I am totally happy and satisfied just by one series. But, didn't someone mentioned that Nanako has ruled out the possibility of 2nd season?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 15th, '11, 08:12

Issy wrote:But, didn't someone mentioned that Nanako has ruled out the possibility of 2nd season?
Not Nanako, it was the writer who said he wants to end the story by next week's episode. It's a story of one woman getting her life back, he said, so there'd be no sequel. I guess, he's trying to emphasize this is the story of Mita as a woman, and not as a housekeeper, despite the title. So he has to end it just by 11 episodes.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '11, 00:35

^ thanks yanie for info. I have to say that I totally agree with his way of thinking. Sometimes, less is more.
And now for ep10
OMG! I really really loved this ep. Could not find any fault with it. It was superbly written. I think it was the best ep so far and the most tearful one. I could not stop my tears. Specially when kaito was reading his letter or scene at the park when Mita was talking to her son and husband. You could easily imagine that what exactly she was going through everytime she comes there. And I like how they explained why she is dressed like this all the time.
Mita turning more and more human is just a delight to watch. You can see that she is waiting for kids to say "it's a work order" so she has no excuse to refuse. And I am so happy that kids have already figured it out.
As for urura, even though I know her confession to the dad will come one day, but still found it a bit odd.
And is it too evil of me to think that noisy woman deserved what happened to her and feel happy about? they way her logic works is beyond my comprehension. I say she is way mentally unstable.
I really can't wait for last ep.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 16th, '11, 03:01

I'm in the middle of eppy 10 but omg!!!!! Who's guest-starring as an omiai partner!? Katsuji Ryo!!! Lol just cool to see them together again (have to admit I really did like seeing them together in Rebound ^^) When I'm finish I will either edit this post or make a new one ^^

And what does Urara say to him too!?
"I don't gain weight no matter how much I eat." I wonder if this was intentional to reference their previous role together ^^;
And oh!!!! Two of the directors who directed Rebound also co-directed this tooo! So must be more than just a coincidence for that line~ ^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 16th, '11, 03:37

The writer was REBOUND's writer too. It's not a coincidence^^ Katsuji Ryo is credited as 友情出演, it means cameo, but it literally means as "make an appearance as a friend (of one of the cast)". Which obviously means because of the writer and Aibu's connections with him^^

Oh btw, the omiai partner's name is also Kensaku, just with different kanji characters than the "Kensaku" in REBOUND :lol

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 16th, '11, 03:57

^
Yay that it's been noticed by others! ^^ (strangely now I wanna watch Rebound again.. I really liked it now that I think about it ^^; Ryo being all over Aibu like that was kinda cute)
I think what touched me more about this episode is Mita herself. Even with the picture she drew for Kaito at the end and also being there. Every time I see her with the boss I really do think of her as being like a child. (maybe it's because she keeps calling her Akari-chan and also the two themselves have been with each other for ages for real ^^; But I don't think the kids should expect her to be her old self... honestly it's impossible. It's good they're persistent but they shouldn't expect her to d a complete 180.. esp all the time that went by for her to develop herself like that.. can't just simply revert. But it msut be hard to deal with the conflicting emotions she has within herself.

In a way, I feel a bit bad for Urara.. because now that Mita is kinda finding her place in the world again.. and she may even smile (hopes going up) but in turn Urara's withdrawing from stuff and will probably lose her smile too (of course not in the same way) but she is starting to feel a bit similar to how Mita feels: useless and hurting the people around her by some trait. (Mita's was her smile... Urara's her optimistic naivety along with her unluckyness) But I'm not surprise Urara is acting like this (see this make sense versus Junpei's character in Mitsu no aji) because it's similar to Mita's self-destruct. But wow next week's the last eppy ;_;

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Dec 16th, '11, 08:46

I loved this last episode like the rest of you guys. Honestly, I can easily say that I've never actually cried while watching anything with the exception of one instance when I was eight...it was the Titanic. But this episode got me pretty close...my eyes teared up when Mita started crying. This is quite the special drama...the only other jdrama I've liked this much was Last Friends.

Does anyone have any spoilers for episode 11? I didn't see a preview in the episode...I've read the last couple of pages, they didn't seem to have any information either.

Also, it was mentioned earlier that the writer said that she/he didn't want to have a sequel? So what about that movie mentioned earlier? Isn't that technically a 'sequel'?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 16th, '11, 09:20

The movie was just a RUMOR :)

Spoiler for Ep11
Mita accepted the kids' request to be their mother. Then, she handed over a marriage application completed with her sign, to Keiichi. The kids begged Keiichi to do it, but Keiichi said he's not thinking of getting married this soon. However, he told Mita "I want you to stay in this house forever". And so, Mita became the "mother" in the Asuda family.
The kids got so happy about it, but Mita behave strange since then. She become so strict to the kids, she's not allowing Kaito to accept calls during meals, and she cooks minimum quantity of meals, she said because the house only have small budget. Mita also scold Kii for talking during meals. The kids started to feel confuse about Mita's behaviour.
One day, Keiichi fell ill and has to be hospitalized, so the kids have to live together with Mita only. Now that Keiichi isn't in the house, Mita's behaviour is getting worse, and bad things are happening around them. The kids started to think Mita is trying to take over the house/family.
Meanwhile, to forget Keiichi, Urara decided to get married and the wedding ceremony is immediately planned. Mita meet Urara and told her triumphantly that she's the mother in the Asuda family now.
The kids couldn't take it anymore when Mita finally was going to trash their mother's picture and her (buddhist) altar. Mita scold them, "If you don't do what your mother say, then get out of the house!"

Original text from Yahoo TV:
阿須田家の子供たちから「お母さんになって」と言われた三田(松嶋菜々子)。三田は「承知しました」と答え、恵一(長谷川博己)に婚姻届を差し出す。子供たちに懇願された恵一はすぐに結婚までは考えられなかったものの、三田に「ずっと家にいてほしい」と頼む。三田は、阿須田家の“母親”になった。
三田がお母さんになって喜ぶ阿須田家の子供たちだったが、三田は意外な行動をとり始める。三田がこれまで家族の好みに合わせて作っていた完璧な料理は「家計が苦しいから」という理由で質素なものになり、おかずの品数も減らされる。食事中には、携帯電話を使って勉強する海斗(綾部守人)やおしゃべりしようとする希衣(本田望結)が、三田に厳しくとがめられる。ひょう変した三田の態度に、子供たちは戸惑うばかり。そんな中、恵一が胃かいようで入院。阿須田家は、しばらく三田と子供たちだけの生活になる。
一方、恵一のことを忘れたいうらら(相武紗季)は見合い相手との結婚を決意し、結婚式の日取りまで早々に決めてしまう。そんなうららの前に、三田が現れる。三田はうららに、自分が阿須田家の子供たちの母親になったことを勝ち誇ったように告げるのだった。
恵一がいなくなり、三田の子供たちに対する態度はエスカレート。子供たちの行動の一つひとつをあげつらい叱責する。さらには子供たちの周りで不運なことが次々と起こるようになり、阿須田家には不穏な空気が漂う。困惑を深める子供たちは、三田が家を乗っ取ろうとしているのではないかと疑い始める。そんな子供たちに三田は、凪子(大家由祐子)が納められている仏壇を捨てろと命じ、子供たちが反発すると「母親の言うことが聞けないなら出ていきなさい」と言い放つ。三田の真意とは、一体何なのか? 
そして、阿須田家の人々との交流をきっかけに人間らしい感情を少しずつ表すようになった三田は、最後に笑顔を見せるのだろうか!?

I'll be sooooooooo disappointed if Mita is trying to make the children see that she's not suitable to be their mother, but Urara IS... so, Urara finally become the kids' mother in the end. If that's the case, I'd feel like I've wasted my time watching 10 eps XD Since this is suppose to be a story of Mita getting her life back. Also, NOT bcoz I hate Urara at all, but Keiichi-Urara is just so wrong for me. I still prefer Keiichi-his ex lover pairing XD But hmm... speaking of Keiichi's ex lover, her name is credited in this Ep11 synopsis. I wonder if she'd come back to Tokyo to meet Keiichi?

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '11, 09:49

:O
oh NO! me too. I really hate it if Mita is doing this for Urara's sake and I think she is behaving like this so that kids accept her as their mother. now I have a feeling that she will leave by the end of drama. :crazy:
if this is how going to end, I will be really really disappointed with the whole drama.
and even though I understand why urara is acting like this but I also feel that she is acting childish. not everyone can get what they want. now that Kiichi decided not to marry (and I think that's how it should be) then niether ex-gf or urara should have a chance too. specially the ex-gf. atleast urara love the kids and with her all clumsiness she has their interest in her heart and cares about them. but with the ex- she actually left because did not want to do anything with kids. and if she really loved kiichi as much as he did, atleast she should have tried her best not just to run away. I just see her as an opportunistic person who goes with who ever benefits her.

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 16th, '11, 10:36

When I watched the preview I had a feeling that Mita will be trying to act like an evil mother for the sake of Urara... And I can say right here that I will be very disappointed if the drama ends like that. Let's say in this way: I can see that Mita won't be with Keiichi because in ep 10, it really showed that Keiichi and Mita didn't have that sutble feeling I have been hoping for since the last couple of episodes. Besides Mita still wanted her husband and child to take her away asap, so that means she still loved her family. BUT I can't accept Urara as the mother of Asuda family just because she has known them for a long time, or Mita san feels pity for her. In addition, Keiichi obviously doesn't love her at all, so how can the drama ends up K+U...?

If they really put Urara or the ex into the family in the end.. I think I will just forget about epi 11 and treat epi 10 as the final episode.. :(

antspace

Post by antspace » Dec 16th, '11, 13:29

Not touching the spoiler tags :whistling:
Just want to say that episode 10 was really touching, and there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think we're safe though. It all seems very unstable and it could still go any way... Really looking forward to the finale next week :-)
I really hope Mita san will survive becoming human again. And somehow I can't see Urara san and Mita san both finding happiness :-( It is interesting how yui's dream is now coming true with Mita san slowly becoming more clumsy and Urara san becoming more serious
Damn, now I've used a spoiler tag myself :-)

OMchan

Post by OMchan » Dec 16th, '11, 15:39

Oh wow, wish I hadn't read that because that ending is terrible. If that's the way it's going to end.... :crazy: I really hope it doesn't play out as badly as it sounds right now but... :O

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 16th, '11, 15:58

After reading that spoiler... hm.... my take on why she's acting like that:
Maybe to show the kids more that they should appreciate their mother and not just quickly get a replacement mom? Her being a housekeeper and being a mom are 2 different things... maybe she's showing the kids the difference?. And to confront Urara like that.. maybe it's not to secretly make her be their mom but maybe to help her snap out of what she's doing and still be there as their aunt since Urara said she'll never be back because she feels useless... I think maybe, it's not so easy to just find someone and make them be a substitute mom and maybe the kids need to understand that.

I see in dramas on how a new wife tries to make their way in a kid's life and forcefully tries to be their mom. No matter how many times one marry, the can never make their spouse a replacement parent. I can relate to that. I can't exactly express my opinion but yeah... But that's a turn of events though especially for a finale. You'll think they'll be all happy and stuff now since Mita showed her feelings, thoughts, tears, pain.... NOT IN THIS SHOW! Lol
-edit
All I gotta say is.. it BETTER not do a Shiroi Haru!! Well the last episode is suppose to be extended right? (unlike Shiroi Haru that was cut 15 minutes... that finale.. killed.. EVERYTHING that show built up... I'm still disappointed)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 16th, '11, 16:32

«minah» wrote:-edit
All I gotta say is.. it BETTER not do a Shiroi Haru!! Well the last episode is suppose to be extended right? (unlike Shiroi Haru that was cut 15 minutes... that finale.. killed.. EVERYTHING that show built up... I'm still disappointed)
please don't remind me of Shiroi Haru. it killed every enjoyment and pleasure moments I had built up from watching ep1 till the ep before last. total disappointment and did not make any sense. :cussing:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 16th, '11, 16:43

^
I saved every episode of that drama too but when that finale came out... I deleted it off my hard drive.. that's how mad I got (but thanks to that show, I found out about Abe Hiroshi and... yaaaaay *swoooooons* Omg he was amazing in that!)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 16th, '11, 16:47

If the spoilerered ending is true, it would be an epic nosedive for me...

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Dec 16th, '11, 18:40

yanie wrote:The movie was just a RUMOR :)

Spoiler for Ep11
Mita accepted the kids' request to be their mother. Then, she handed over a marriage application completed with her sign, to Keiichi. The kids begged Keiichi to do it, but Keiichi said he's not thinking of getting married this soon. However, he told Mita "I want you to stay in this house forever". And so, Mita became the "mother" in the Asuda family.
The kids got so happy about it, but Mita behave strange since then. She become so strict to the kids, she's not allowing Kaito to accept calls during meals, and she cooks minimum quantity of meals, she said because the house only have small budget. Mita also scold Kii for talking during meals. The kids started to feel confuse about Mita's behaviour.
One day, Keiichi fell ill and has to be hospitalized, so the kids have to live together with Mita only. Now that Keiichi isn't in the house, Mita's behaviour is getting worse, and bad things are happening around them. The kids started to think Mita is trying to take over the house/family.
Meanwhile, to forget Keiichi, Urara decided to get married and the wedding ceremony is immediately planned. Mita meet Urara and told her triumphantly that she's the mother in the Asuda family now.
The kids couldn't take it anymore when Mita finally was going to trash their mother's picture and her (buddhist) altar. Mita scold them, "If you don't do what your mother say, then get out of the house!"

Original text from Yahoo TV:
阿須田家の子供たちから「お母さんになって」と言われた三田(松嶋菜々子)。三田は「承知しました」と答え、恵一(長谷川博己)に婚姻届を差し出す。子供たちに懇願された恵一はすぐに結婚までは考えられなかったものの、三田に「ずっと家にいてほしい」と頼む。三田は、阿須田家の“母親”になった。
三田がお母さんになって喜ぶ阿須田家の子供たちだったが、三田は意外な行動をとり始める。三田がこれまで家族の好みに合わせて作っていた完璧な料理は「家計が苦しいから」という理由で質素なものになり、おかずの品数も減らされる。食事中には、携帯電話を使って勉強する海斗(綾部守人)やおしゃべりしようとする希衣(本田望結)が、三田に厳しくとがめられる。ひょう変した三田の態度に、子供たちは戸惑うばかり。そんな中、恵一が胃かいようで入院。阿須田家は、しばらく三田と子供たちだけの生活になる。
一方、恵一のことを忘れたいうらら(相武紗季)は見合い相手との結婚を決意し、結婚式の日取りまで早々に決めてしまう。そんなうららの前に、三田が現れる。三田はうららに、自分が阿須田家の子供たちの母親になったことを勝ち誇ったように告げるのだった。
恵一がいなくなり、三田の子供たちに対する態度はエスカレート。子供たちの行動の一つひとつをあげつらい叱責する。さらには子供たちの周りで不運なことが次々と起こるようになり、阿須田家には不穏な空気が漂う。困惑を深める子供たちは、三田が家を乗っ取ろうとしているのではないかと疑い始める。そんな子供たちに三田は、凪子(大家由祐子)が納められている仏壇を捨てろと命じ、子供たちが反発すると「母親の言うことが聞けないなら出ていきなさい」と言い放つ。三田の真意とは、一体何なのか? 
そして、阿須田家の人々との交流をきっかけに人間らしい感情を少しずつ表すようになった三田は、最後に笑顔を見せるのだろうか!?

I'll be sooooooooo disappointed if Mita is trying to make the children see that she's not suitable to be their mother, but Urara IS... so, Urara finally become the kids' mother in the end. If that's the case, I'd feel like I've wasted my time watching 10 eps XD Since this is suppose to be a story of Mita getting her life back. Also, NOT bcoz I hate Urara at all, but Keiichi-Urara is just so wrong for me. I still prefer Keiichi-his ex lover pairing XD But hmm... speaking of Keiichi's ex lover, her name is credited in this Ep11 synopsis. I wonder if she'd come back to Tokyo to meet Keiichi?
Ahhhh! THANK YOU! For the spoilers and for clarifying. :D Honestly, the rumors about the movie made me nervous...if she was going to be with another family in them, then that means she'd have to leave this one.

As for the spoilers:
I'm going to be so disappointed if that's how it ends...I really want Mita to marry Keichi for some reason....I guess it's because I find them a cute couple. So him rejecting the proposal makes me a bit sad, even though it's a realistic approach. Also...the way the spoiler's sounding, it looks like I agree with everyone else saying that she's going to leave. I really hope not. T_____T I think I might read the comments here before actually watching the ending. If it ends badly, I'll just pretend that the tenth episode was the finale (like someone else said) :]

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 16th, '11, 21:47

Anon. wrote:I loved this last episode like the rest of you guys. Honestly, I can easily say that I've never actually cried while watching anything with the exception of one instance when I was eight...it was the Titanic. But this episode got me pretty close...my eyes teared up when Mita started crying. This is quite the special drama...the only other jdrama I've liked this much was Last Friends.
I guess you haven't seen Mother and 1 litre of tears. You would need a box of kleenx to watch them.

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Dec 16th, '11, 22:00

Matsushima Nanako improved a lot in her acting play since her begining in gto drama :-)

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Dec 17th, '11, 00:04

seirin wrote: I guess you haven't seen Mother and 1 litre of tears. You would need a box of kleenx to watch them.
Oh, I've seen Mother...I found it sad/horrifying, but the only scene that caused me to tear up was when they were leaving the old lady...I haven't seen One Liter though (for other reasons), you got me there. >.<
fujitak wrote:Matsushima Nanako improved a lot in her acting play since her begining in gto drama :-)
OH. I didn't even make the correlation...I can't believe they're the same actress. O______O; I didn't like her much in GTO, but perhaps it was more the character than the actress.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 17th, '11, 01:30

seirin wrote:
Anon. wrote:I loved this last episode like the rest of you guys. Honestly, I can easily say that I've never actually cried while watching anything with the exception of one instance when I was eight...it was the Titanic. But this episode got me pretty close...my eyes teared up when Mita started crying. This is quite the special drama...the only other jdrama I've liked this much was Last Friends.
I guess you haven't seen Mother and 1 litre of tears. You would need a box of kleenx to watch them.
I saw Mother and honestly it didn't make me cry. 1 Liter well.. I'm not really into that genre (protagonist with a disease) even the claimed saddest scenes don't make me cry (like.. I didn't cry eppy 10 of Mita nor the episode of her revelation)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 17th, '11, 01:50

At this point, I just want to see Mita smile and says "something something nariii~" (just like the grandfather and Kii, lol) for the ending^^

Regarding a scene in Ep10
I just noticed Keiichi's expression when Urara told him she has feelings for him XD He's such a hopeless dumb :lol

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 17th, '11, 04:54

fujitak wrote:Matsushima Nanako improved a lot in her acting play since her begining in gto drama :-)
I think I just watched two or three episodes of GTO.. but back then her acting was considered good already (of course she's even better now).

The Nanako's drama I love the most should be Yamato Nadeshiko. She was very pretty in the drama, with lots of pretty clothes, and I love her favorite quote whenever she met the possible (rich) guys lol.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 17th, '11, 07:06

Anon. wrote: Oh, I've seen Mother...I found it sad/horrifying, but the only scene that caused me to tear up was when they were leaving the old lady...I haven't seen One Liter though (for other reasons), you got me there. >.<
I cried almost every ep because of their plight. The little girl tries so hard to hold onto her current conditions to keep her happiness, but you know it won't last. They would be separated sooner or later. And I like how she tries to keep her chin up and pretend to be happy even though she's sad. That just breaks my heart. I wanted to slap her biological mother for treating her so badly.
«minah» wrote: I saw Mother and honestly it didn't make me cry. 1 Liter well.. I'm not really into that genre (protagonist with a disease) even the claimed saddest scenes don't make me cry (like.. I didn't cry eppy 10 of Mita nor the episode of her revelation)
Similarly, it wasn't the disease that is so moving. It was how the girl handled her situation. Trying to make the best of a bad situation. The diary at the end makes me tear up because she's so strong willed. While many people think their life is crap and things don't go right and some even commit suicide. I find it touching for someone who has no hope but still try to find light end the end of the tunnel. I guess that's what Jdrama is all about. To see the best of a bad situation and look on the bright side. I think if it was in her situation, I wouldn't be so strong. As like many stars who committed suicide after finding out about their illness.

As for Mita. I didn't really tear up except when she told the story of her past. But I guess that was sympathy tears. I felt as a person, she's weak. I would have felt more for Mita if she was a stronger woman. But I guess that's what the whole story is about. Trying to overcome the weakness to become strong again to over come her past. I know she's been through a rough time. But one has to live on hope and go on with life.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 17th, '11, 07:37

seirin wrote:
As for Mita. I didn't really tear up except when she told the story of her past. But I guess that was sympathy tears. I felt as a person, she's weak. I would have felt more for Mita if she was a stronger woman. But I guess that's what the whole story is about. Trying to overcome the weakness to become strong again to over come her past. I know she's been through a rough time. But one has to live on hope and go on with life.
Same here. It was very hard to control my tears when she was talking about her son calling her when the house was on fire. And of course, ep 10. I thought it was very emotional and tearjerker ep.
As for Nanako, I saw her for the first time in "Konna Koi no Hanashi" and I liked her since then. Then "Forbidden Love" came along and she became one of my favourite Jactress.
But one of my Japanese friends said that in Japan people are wondering what happen to that beautiful Nanako of years back. I thought that's a bit strange because she still look beautiful. But of course she has aged and no one can escape this.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 17th, '11, 16:10

I didn't really notice she got that old. She still looks pretty much the same she did then. However, maybe they mean her perky character who's lighthearted and smiles often? I remembered she used to smile a lot in dramas. But she hasn't really been smiling as much anymore, especially in this drama. Her characters seem more glum.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 17th, '11, 22:03

Well I guess for me... some stuff don't make me cry. I can empathize but it won't make me cry (very rare that I cry during a movie/show) but it makes me feel odd because everyone goes on about "Omg I cried sooo much" and I dunno if I should feel heartless or what because it wasn't enough to make me tear ^^;;;

I actually felt that way about Nanako too. I only found out about her from Grave of the Fireflies and then Hana Yori Dango. (back in 06 I think...? whatever year GotF came out) I just took her as another actress.. then a few years later I decided to watch Majou no Jouken and was like "wow...." She was like a completely different person. Just even putting the obvious aside (because well she was acting so of course she was different) but her presences just seemed... lighter. She had more of that naive feel I guess and I saw GTO recently and still felt that way. So watching her now in this it's a huuuuge contrast. But when she switched to Urara's character I as like "Yeah.. this is the Nanako from GTo/MnJ." and even just looked like her I dunno hard to describe.

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 17th, '11, 22:57

You should watch Yamato Nadeshiko then. That's her signature drama and her beauty boosted up to 200% in that drama :D. Well I mean she had to look very pretty in that drama since she wanted to find a rich husband... and as Mita san, she has to look dull because she's a housemaid.. :P

imwormy

Post by imwormy » Dec 18th, '11, 12:36

Here is the new preview, which is the beginning part of EP11

It may take a min to finish loading. :unsure:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/snfTDfVDrq4

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 18th, '11, 14:33

Thank you so much! :lol

I've ripped and re-uploaded it here:
http://www.4shared.com/video/MGVSmF4J/K ... scene.html

And... the translation :roll
Keiichi: What? Mita-san really said that?
Kii: Please, propose to Mita-san soon, Dad!
Keiichi: No, no, no, no.... That's impossible...
Kii: Why? Do you hate Mita-san?
Keiichi: That's not the problem... Yui, can't you do something about this?
Yui: I was surprised too. I didn't think she would say yes to that.

Kakeru: But, isn't this great? This means she'll stay here forever!
Kaito: I still have so many things to ask her!
Keiichi: But...

Mita: I'm back.
Kids: Welcome back!
Keiichi: Welcome back.
Mita: I'll get your dinner ready now.

Kakeru: Hurry, propose her!
Keiichi: Give me a break...
Kii: Dad, please!

Keiichi: Uhh... Mita-san.
Mita: What is it?
Keiichi: Are you really willing to be these children's mother?
Mita: Yes, if you're fine with that.
Keiichi: Well, but... I mean... Then, what would that make us? There's no way, we can be husband and wife, right?
Mita: I've signed and stamped this.

text: Marriage Registration

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 00:13

Kaseifu no Beta (a parody): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5eplHHkqJWk/
Akashiya Sanma as the father, Kuriyama Chiaki as Yui the eldest daughter :lol

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 22nd, '11, 01:08

Episode 11 rating: 40.0%!!
Third highest finale rating in Japanese drama. (if don't count the dramas before 2000, Kaseifu is 2nd).

Nanako is the best :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 01:36

i watched Episode 11 last night...
Disappointed... in the end, Mita smiled as a work order, not from her own heart :( And I was wishing some kind of an incident or, something big in the last episode (i dunno, the house in fire, or maybe someone got into an accident, or something)... but apparently, it was a very anti-climax plot. Not to mention, the first half focused on Urara which I think was suppose to be settled in the middle of the series, instead. The final ep was suppose to be Mita-focus >_<

And of course, Mita left the family at the end... so I smell a sequel, after all.

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 22nd, '11, 01:58

At least Keiichi wasn't with Urara in the end rite? (I haven't watched it yet...)

I truly hope there won't be a sequel for Kaseifu. This is already good enough (seeing that the ending is anti-climax), unless Mita returns to Asuda family again.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 02:16

bluegie wrote:
At least Keiichi wasn't with Urara in the end rite? (I haven't watched it yet...)

I truly hope there won't be a sequel for Kaseifu. This is already good enough (seeing that the ending is anti-climax), unless Mita returns to Asuda family again.
I don't think Keiichi would end up with Urara, but after Mita left, there was a moment where the kids, the Dad and Urara walking hand in hand singing Kii's song and it made me feel "Urgh!"...
The very last scene showed Mita coming to another house (a shabby house), but this time she introduced herself with a smile.

bluegie

Post by bluegie » Dec 22nd, '11, 03:54

Ugh... how disappointing... I would rather seeing Mita san hand in hand with the family instead. She doesn't need to be a family member. She can always be the kaseifu who can take care the kids until they're grown (just like the old lady who has been looking after her since she was 4). It might sound a bit cliche but I wouldn't mind such ending.

Waiting for the sub rite now.. Even raw is fine for me as long as I can watch it...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 04:12

bluegie wrote:
Ugh... how disappointing... I would rather seeing Mita san hand in hand with the family instead. She doesn't need to be a family member. She can always be the kaseifu who can take care the kids until they're grown (just like the old lady who has been looking after her since she was 4). It might sound a bit cliche but I wouldn't mind such ending.

Waiting for the sub rite now.. Even raw is fine for me as long as I can watch it...
There was a scene where Mita-san and JUST Asuda family (without Urara and her father) went out to buy X'mas present together, though. And Kii, trying to make her laugh, tickling Mita was cute^^ But then, the father's ex-lover showed up -_-

Also, the Dad and the kids making weird faces to make Mita laugh, at the house, was also funny!^^ That was one of my fav scene in the last ep^^

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 22nd, '11, 04:22

Amazing ratings, and great last ep!

happy!R

Post by happy!R » Dec 22nd, '11, 22:19

I wonder if anybody see Sayonara [kaseifu no mita] SP. It was aired before the final EP. So far I haven't seen any place having the SP available to download.
To me, I think EP10 is good enough to be the last EP. EP 11 seems to be too long, even though I'm happy with the ending.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '11, 22:58

happy!R wrote:I wonder if anybody see Sayonara [kaseifu no mita] SP.
I saw it. There was an additional scene where the kids followed Mita to the graveyard (her husband's and son's). After Mita left, they met Mita's mother-in-law who were saying she didn't remember she ever told Mita never to laugh anymore. Then, the kids gathered at the house reminiscing things happened since Mita came, then the recaps of the 10 episodes. At the end, Kii said she has an idea of how to make Mita stay forever at the house. Next, is the last scene of Ep10. (the kids standing behind Mita in the kitchen, Mita told them not to stand there, and so on)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 23rd, '11, 00:02

reading your sopilers,
now I wondering do I really have to watch the last ep. although I saw it coming but I kept hopeful that they won't go that way and now that they have, I really want ep10 be the last ep for a drama that entertained me for weeks.
2nd season is totally unnecessary will be dragy with nothing new for sure.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Dec 23rd, '11, 01:13

yanie wrote:i watched Episode 11 last night...
Disappointed... in the end, Mita smiled as a work order, not from her own heart :( And I was wishing some kind of an incident or, something big in the last episode (i dunno, the house in fire, or maybe someone got into an accident, or something)... but apparently, it was a very anti-climax plot. Not to mention, the first half focused on Urara which I think was suppose to be settled in the middle of the series, instead. The final ep was suppose to be Mita-focus >_<

And of course, Mita left the family at the end... so I smell a sequel, after all.
lol! you have the ending of 11 nin mo iru for that. XD
Ahh~ I don't want a sequel too. This is one of those series that doesn't need it... a movie might be considered though with the high ratings and the massive popularity. I'm fine with the ending... Can't wait for the subs!!! Great series overall~ :party: I'm just a little concerned about the ending...but I'm all good.

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Dec 23rd, '11, 02:37

My opinion
I liked the ending ... Giving what the viewers wanted to see is too predictable and their relationships, after all they've been through together and the reapparance of Urara, would have been kind of awkward. They had to say goodbye and it was well done, everything can move on that. The scene where she smiled was very moving.
Great job by the writers and the producer.

ChootiB

Post by ChootiB » Dec 23rd, '11, 03:14

yanie wrote:Kaseifu no Beta (a parody): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5eplHHkqJWk/
Akashiya Sanma as the father, Kuriyama Chiaki as Yui the eldest daughter :lol
I wish I understood enough Japanese to watch this.
I knew from last episode that Mita-san wasn't going to be the mother they wanted, but was glad that she did this for Urara. Her ex-fiance was funny when he gathered courage and the scene when the family tried to make Mita laugh was too.

Even though it was a work order, I didn't mind it too much because you could tell that it was coming. I was surprised by how pretty she is when she smiles. I wish she could smile for Akemi, but I suppose it will take time. She's getting there though.

On one hand, I don't want a sequel because it ended on a good note and doesn't need anymore episodes. But on the other hand...I really enjoyed this series and wouldn't mind seeing more from Mita. It was a fantastic series.

When Keiichi was about to ask Mita to smile, did anyone else think that he was going to propose?