Episodes: TBA
Viewership rating: TBA
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-18 start
Air time: Tuesday 21:00
Theme song: Meikyu Love Song by Arashi
Opening song: Love Me Back by Koda Kumi

Synopsis
Kageyama is a butler working for a rich heiress, Reiko Hosho. Needed by detectives, Reiko is a novice detective that lacks a few deductive skills. Because of this, Kageyama is relied on by Reiko to help solve cases. Kageyama isn't afraid to use sharp words against Reiko either. This drama not only focuses on the detective cases, but the relationship between butler and heiress.

Screenwriter: Kuroiwa Tsutomu
Directors: Hijikata Masato, Ishikawa Junichi

Cast
Sakurai Sho as Kageyama
Kitagawa Keiko as Hosho Reiko
Nomaguchi Toru as Namiki Seiichi
Nakamura Yasuhi as Yamashige Satoru
Okamoto Anri as Munemori Azumi
Tanaka Konatsu as Ejiri Yuka
Shiina Kippei as Kazamatsuri Kyoichiro

Official Website: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/nazotoki/index.html
Last edited by mrsmith10 on Oct 19th, '11, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 14th, '11, 14:25

I'm looking forward to it for Kekiko and the plot seems interesting (not exciting) AND.... well.. Kumi sings the theme so... chyeah! (Many just wanna see Sho... eh... I'm not impressed with his acting...)

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 14th, '11, 20:48

Myself, I'm more interested in watching Keiko than anything else about this drama. I think the whole rich girl-cop idea sounds a little cheesy, although I think it could work if they don't overplay the wealth of Keiko's character. I am interested in seeing how the relationship between her and her butler turns out.

Some TV Spots

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 16th, '11, 03:28

I'm really looking forward to this one. I liked Kitagawa Keiko in "Mop Girl" and I think, funyy and silly roles fit her best.

So, the only thing that I'm worried about are subtitles...I hope someone will pick this up.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 17th, '11, 02:34

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I'm really looking forward to this one. I liked Kitagawa Keiko in "Mop Girl" and I think, funyy and silly roles fit her best.

So, the only thing that I'm worried about are subtitles...I hope someone will pick this up.
STORMY Team, whom subs just about all Arashi-related material, is subbing this drama.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 17th, '11, 04:56

Do they still have the "only registered members who have taken some test about Arashi are allowed to download them" policy like last year?

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 17th, '11, 08:19

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Do they still have the "only registered members who have taken some test about Arashi are allowed to download them" policy like last year?
Looks like they still do. However, they usually post their works on here as well. So I don't think there will be much of a hassel trying to get a hold of the subs.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 17th, '11, 08:56

Stormy has stopped posting here. Im hoping someone will do softsubs.. I like kitagawa keiko :)

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Oct 17th, '11, 20:59

I really hope someone soft subs it too. Because if Stormyteam is the only ones to sub it, We will never see the subs.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 17th, '11, 21:11

furransu wrote:Stormy has stopped posting here. Im hoping someone will do softsubs.. I like kitagawa keiko :)
I thought they released Smile on here. Or at least I can find the torrent batch for Smile on this site. Did they quit some time after Smile?

kalayaan

Post by kalayaan » Oct 17th, '11, 23:24

^ I think Smile was the last drama that they uploaded here. They subbed Freeter, Ie Wo Kau but they didn't released it here.

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Oct 17th, '11, 23:58

It was the last one.. Uploaded here, trust me I know I love there subs!! They do such a great job, its just if they don't release them know one gets to use them...

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 18th, '11, 01:10

That's a bummer. Then I do hope someone else subs this drama, or STORMY Team changes their minds and releases their subs here.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 18th, '11, 01:49

just hope someone will do softsubs :)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 18th, '11, 07:30

I hope so too...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 18th, '11, 15:05

well maybe a Keiko fan might... or someone who just simply thinks this show is interesting.

biraincute

Post by biraincute » Oct 18th, '11, 15:43

If you're looking for soft subs, you can go to ourhour.livejournal.com because they will be uploading their own subs of this there :)

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » Oct 18th, '11, 17:34

mrsmith10 wrote:That's a bummer. Then I do hope someone else subs this drama, or STORMY Team changes their minds and releases their subs here.
They won't. STORMY stopped releasing subs years ago because streaming sites kept appropriating their work. Of course this is no different from how they appropriate the work of Japanese television channels, but they're too crazy and/or stupid to understand the irony. And they love feeling like they're being persecuted.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 18th, '11, 19:02

biraincute wrote:If you're looking for soft subs, you can go to ourhour.livejournal.com because they will be uploading their own subs of this there :)
I checked out their site. It doesn't look like they actually sub dramas. All the dramas they've posted they've credited to other fansub groups. However, I'll be ok with it if they can get some subs for Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato.

xiuxux
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xiuxux » Oct 19th, '11, 00:59

Hey, I'm thinking about soft subbing this with a friend because we watched the first episode and it seemed pretty interesting. The only problem we have is that we don't have a timer as of yet. Is anyone capturing the Japanese subs of this? That would speed things along for us because then we wouldn't have to watch the show while pausing after each sentence.

harukogirl

Post by harukogirl » Oct 19th, '11, 01:06

xiuxux wrote:Hey, I'm thinking about soft subbing this with a friend because we watched the first episode and it seemed pretty interesting. The only problem we have is that we don't have a timer as of yet. Is anyone capturing the Japanese subs of this? That would speed things along for us because then we wouldn't have to watch the show while pausing after each sentence.

http://jpsubbers.x10.mx/Japanese-Subtit ... nerNoAtoDe

:)

xiuxux
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xiuxux » Oct 19th, '11, 01:08

harukogirl wrote:
xiuxux wrote:Hey, I'm thinking about soft subbing this with a friend because we watched the first episode and it seemed pretty interesting. The only problem we have is that we don't have a timer as of yet. Is anyone capturing the Japanese subs of this? That would speed things along for us because then we wouldn't have to watch the show while pausing after each sentence.

http://jpsubbers.x10.mx/Japanese-Subtit ... nerNoAtoDe

:)
Whoa, that was fast. Thanks so much! Well, time to start a' translatin'

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 19th, '11, 01:08

Xiuxux: User ggenglish is going to upload the timed jp subs, but you can use the untimed one from the link harukogirl provided.

If you do the softsubs ill continue uploading the raws :)

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Oct 19th, '11, 01:20

Good show. I've decided to pick this up and I've started fixing the timing from the japanese subs, then I'll start translating.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Oct 19th, '11, 01:32

mhaellix wrote:Good show. I've decided to pick this up and I've started fixing the timing from the japanese subs, then I'll start translating.
User xiuxux above is also subbing it, maybe both of you should work together to avoid redundancy :)

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 19th, '11, 01:44

First we were all worried about not having available subs and now we've got two subbers. Hallelujiah. Domo arigatou both xiuxux and mhaellix. :cheers: :cheers:

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Oct 19th, '11, 02:04

I agree with furransu. Work together on the subs ?? And thanks for subbing this drama I really want to watch..

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Oct 19th, '11, 02:27

I have pm-ed her already but have yet to receive a reply. I've already translated about 20% so I don't want to drop it at this point.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 19th, '11, 03:44

Aw yay ;_; I'm very grateful! Thank you furransu & mhaellix for still considering to upload raws & sub ;_;

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 19th, '11, 14:12

mhaellix wrote:I have pm-ed her already but have yet to receive a reply. I've already translated about 20% so I don't want to drop it at this point.
Thank you very much, I loved your last subs. :)

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Oct 19th, '11, 18:26

This seems like it will be fun, I am a fan of Keiko since Buzzer Beat,BUT, I think this would have been much better with Horikita Maki. She is a better actress and it would have been fun to see her teamed up with Sakurai Sho again. Do not get mad, just my feelings. Wishful thinking on my part.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 19th, '11, 20:38

I always looooove seeing Keiko and I think this role is a more enjoyable (not because it's comedic) than her previous renzoku role LADY Profile (I love Keiko and all but.. eh... I wasn't feeling her too well in that show or the show altogether)

I like the comic book feel to it and the comedy. Kumi's song sounds so awesome in it tooooo. The only thing that bothers me about Keiko's character is:
I don't like her snobby side because I dunno.. I guess people are all different when they're at work and home but eh.. she pretty much acts just like Teppei when she's home so I dunno why she gets bothered by him during investigations.. well.. not just like him but the same wavelength. But that's the main thing that bothers me. I think she's funny in her detective mode (she seems like a 'commoner' but yeah... 180 at home >_> )
I'm not a Sho fan nor am I fond of his acting... he seems decent in this but I could imagine others doing the same role. But he does look the part.

Seems like this season is wannabe detectives (Secret Spy Erika, HUNTER...) lol but they're all enjoyable actually... I think the editing of this show and how it's put together really makes it enjoyable and different than what many would expect. It's not always a cast & story that makes a show ^^

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 19th, '11, 21:01

I actually enjoyed LADY a lot. Not just for Keiko but the stories that circled around the cases.

As for Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de, I thought the first episode was ok. Keiko's character is a little ditzy, but not as much as she was in Mop Girl. I did enjoy Shiina Kippei's role a bit. His character is more flamboyant and pretty different from the other more serious roles I've seen him in. What I do like about this drama is unlike some other "rich detective" dramas I've seen, they don't overplay the main character's wealth. At least so far.
About Reiko's snobby side, I wasn't really bothered by it. I thought it was kinda normal actually, especially her reaction when her butler called her stupid. I have to say that's one pretty bold and brave butler to be that blunt with Reiko.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Oct 20th, '11, 05:40

^
Yeah I did like her role in Mop Girl a lot. It was actually that role that convinced me "Hm wow I can sense versatility in her..." since I've seen her in PGSM and I think she was amazing.. always have and will esp compared to the other girls (I wouldn't think she'll be able to pull off comedic because she really did fit Rei's manga character)

Omg I soo spelled his name wrong didn't I? I think I said Teppei lol Kippei yeah he caught me a bit off guard in this. The stupid arrogant rich guy ^^;;
I sensed that to (not overplaying her wealth) but at the same time.. I guess when she came home she kinda got in her snobby mode... I mean it's understandable because Sho's a butler.. butler's are lower status than their masters/mistresses so it's kinda still playing on that typical stereotypness I guess... but I thought she would be more like her detective-like self even at home. To me it's like she has two kinda different roles. But she's not like the inspector and shows off her wealth during investigations lol (thank goodness lol) I hope it doesn't turn into some cheesey romance like Meichan's Butler uuugh...

Hey well Sho asked her and confirmed if he can bluntly say what he wants lol I think Keiko's comedic sense kinda played down her character so it wasn't as bad as it could be when she got mad but it was cute. Actually when she said 'Fired' it made me think of her in PGSM when she tried to act like Minako's mascot horse pony thingy "Kupi" lol! It was the same voice and everything lol!!
I really do enjoy how this comedy is done... esp involving people well... being dead >_> It's done tastefully ^^ It made me think of that Maki/Sho drama too for a moment (the style of it) I wonder what will be the major climax of this series... Since I'm guessing so far they'll solve a few cases and then get to the BIG climax and suspense. Random thought... I wish Petshop of Horrors was a drama.. it was an awful anime (how it was produced was awful) yeah really random lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 20th, '11, 23:59

I like it!^v^ The fact that 80% of the episode shows the butler and the lady's dialogues in trying to solve the case, reminds me of Mitani Koki's two-men plays (such as Warai no Daigaku and Be Myself).
I love the moments where Kageyama and Reiko appeared on the paused crime scenes^^
The murder case wasn't that interesting though. Sho and Keiko's performances were OK. Shiina Kippei is lovable!^^

I read that the novel is a best seller. And the author once comments that if it were to be adapted to a drama, he'd like Mukai Osamu to play the butler. As for Reiko, he said any beautiful actress should be able to play the role.

Oh yes, congratulations on the 18.1% rating! It's quite difficult to achieve this high of rating these days, not to mention it surpassed getsuku (Watashi ga Renai dekinai riyuu). But I guess the most important part is ratings for Ep2-3 XD

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 29th, '11, 18:14

Episode 2's ratings went down but were still a healthy 16.1%. As for the episode itself, once again I thought that it was just ok. It didn't have the funny moments that the first episode had. However, the case was a little more interesting and had a bit more meat on it. I do like how Kageyama uses his deduction skills to help Reiko solve the cases.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Oct 29th, '11, 18:16

So far, I enjoy this drama. I really like Keiko in a comedic role like in mop girl, and this one comes often quite close. The way of telling the story is something different then in the usual detective dramas, makes this show appear "fresh" to me.
In the second episode, I really laughed about the butlers doings while he was following her around: The giant T-Rex, the "kitten search" with the stolen, I mean "lend" 1920s book, and the "Curry and Tea" enjoyment, lol.
The only thing I fear is, that every episode will be more or less the same. While it is still funny, I clearly prefer shows with an underlining story arc...something in their past, a stronger growth between the butler and her, something like that, something, that makes you want to see the next episode, because you wonder "what will happen to them next".

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Oct 29th, '11, 18:35

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:
In the second episode, I really laughed about the butlers doings while he was following her around: The giant T-Rex, the "kitten search" with the stolen, I mean "lend" 1920s book, and the "Curry and Tea" enjoyment, lol.
I forgot about the T-rex scene. I thought that was pretty cool.
I do agree that it's interesting how they tell the story, and I do like Keiko in the comedic role. However, while I think the show isn't bad, it has yet to do anything to make it stand out. It does have potential. I'm curious to learn about the butler. With these great deductive skills why is he a butler instead of a detective? I'm hoping we find out by the end of the series.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 4th, '11, 05:56

I rewatched the first two episodes and enjoyed them a little more than I did the first time. However, the third episode I think is the weakest of the three.
The beginning part, with Keiko narrating about her being a rich heiress and Kazamatsuri being her boss, heir to a big auto company, exc. We get the point on the first episode, we don't need to hear it every single episode. Arrrg. Anyways, I found the case way too predictable. Instantly when the two ladies began talking about their love life with the victim I knew it had to be one of them. The interaction between Reiko and Kageyama was still ok, but I wish they had some more depth to the cases.
However, the preview to the 4th episode does look interesting. Here are some screenshots from the 3rd episode.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 4th, '11, 15:17

^
When some shows kida repeat the same thing/routine in every episode it can really work (I liked it in Anna-san no Omame.. to me that was funny lol) but I guess in this.. it doesn't work too well but..... each episode seems like a standalone-ish eppy so... it can be pulled off because you don't even have to watch the show in order to since there's no linear storyline (as of yet)

I find this show really to be pure entertainment and just the interaction of the 3 main characters... but unlike shows that are for really entertainment & laughs it's not pulling me in that much (like Nodame... omg was already sucked in after like...10 minutes lol) As a whole, it's ok and I think still enjoyable but it's not something to have extreme depth with. Does the feel of this show differs from the manga?

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 5th, '11, 05:26

I haven't read the manga but from what I can tell it's only available in Japanese. I do agree that overall the show is ok and at times enjoyable. It's just not as well written as I would like it to be.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 7th, '11, 04:42

I still have hopes, that something will happen between her and the butler. Him taking the photos, and saying, that he only loves "her"...hm, I thnk there is more to him, then just beeing her butler...at least I hope so, lol.

I loved the butler Moments this time. First the tea and the cookies and then "Queen Q", that was hillarious. :D

The murder was kind of boring though.
Did I already mention, that I think that Kitagawa can be really, really cute? Not sexy cute, but child like cute and funny.
Last edited by GaussAlgorithmus on Nov 7th, '11, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 7th, '11, 04:49

In the middle of 3 and.. wow... did they just pull a discovery card commercial?! LOL!!!!!!

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 12th, '11, 03:09

Episode 4 was decent again, and it raises my hopes, the the "Milady - Butler" relationship won't stay as one.
I think, in one of the next episode, she might ride shotgun, because after this episode, she choose the seat closer to the butler

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 12th, '11, 03:45

My thoughts on episode 4...

FInally, a descent case with some depth to it. This was the first case in the series that I actually enjoyed. The mystery was set up well, and I liked the change-up that Kageyama and Reiko were at the crime scene when it happened. I also liked how ithis case related to one of the series themes of butler-heiress relationships. Though I would like to see Reiko use at least some deductive thinking or Kageyama teach her how to use deductive thinking instead of it being Kageyama insulting Reiko and then solving the case by himself. It was also nice to see some character development for Reiko.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 13th, '11, 07:30

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:Episode 4 was decent again, and it raises my hopes, the the "Milady - Butler" relationship won't stay as one.
I think, in one of the next episode, she might ride shotgun, because after this episode, she choose the seat closer to the butler
Episode 4 gave a sad look at the butler-milady long term relationship so I'm hoping Reiko-Kageyama relationship will progress further. I don't see any chance of Kageyama having a girlfriend with his daily stalking of Reiko.

This series is 10 episodes right? Reiko probably will be able to make her own deduction without relying on Kageyama by episode 8. For now, I'm still enjoying Reiko surrendering to Kageyama sadism :mrgreen:

polkadots

Post by polkadots » Nov 15th, '11, 05:48

so far i'm liking the series. I'm not in for the killing cases anyway. I have CSI and detective conan for that :whistling:
i dunno about you but this 'sadistic' butler role works for me lol
someone mention the author actually want osamu mukai to play Kageyama but IMO he's cute- too cute to be mean like sho did and had me buying :P And i would probably be spending time fangirling rather than watching :wub:

I think from the start it's more about a butler-milady relationship eh? and i'm really keen on that and the unrealness of it hehe

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 18th, '11, 04:59

I just saw episode 5.
- The case was...well..."not my kind of case". Her suiciding in order to get him do draw the manga? Why didn't she at least tell him "I'm sick and I will die, please draw the last chapter, it's my death wish"? I guess, that would've worked with the most people....
- The butler and her seem to get more close, I like that
- The "pit stop" scene, in which he "upgraded" the bike was brilliant, especially, his cheesy "Thums up". :D
I have to say, I somehow can't wait for the next episode.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 24th, '11, 05:07

I don't know why I'm loving this drama but I do. It's not that funny, the cases are basic, I'm not a fan of Kitagawa Keiko and Sho Sakurai acting but as another episode ends, I'm eager to see the next episode. What is this addiction with mediocrity... :foot:

Episode 6 was fun. They are extending 15 extra minutes for episode 7. Can somebody explain why? It's not ending yet right?

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 24th, '11, 19:06

Episode 5
I actually felt episode 5 was pretty interesting. It is kinda odd how the girl wanted to committ suicide to try to force the guy to draw for her manga, but I've seen that happen in a few other Japanese show so I'm use to it, and it didn't bother me. Still, I think it added some depth to the case, and the last two cases (episode 4 and 5) are a big step up from the real basic cases of the first three episodes.

mrsmith10

Post by mrsmith10 » Nov 30th, '11, 00:15

After a school-related hatius from this drama, I was finally able to catch up to episode 6. I thought the cases in episodes 4 and 5 were interesting. Episode 6 was somewhat interesting as well. Not as interesting as 4 and 5, but better than the first three. The quality of the cases are starting to pick up a little. Still, I want to see more development from Keiko's character. So far, her character here has been a little flat and not as likable as she was in Mop Girl, in which she played a similar role.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Nov 30th, '11, 03:28

Am I the only one who find the exchanges between milady and butler dry and forced? and the repetitive scenes boring?

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 1st, '11, 10:02

^ "dry and forced". that's a perfect descrption of Sakurai Sho acting prowess XD
you're not the only one but surprisingly, i'm still enjoying myself watching it.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Dec 5th, '11, 11:01

I just caught up on this drama this weekend. I meant to only watch a couple of episodes but I got caught up in the cheesiness of the whole thing. Especially the last episode with the lead detective playing up to the camera. Heehee! It's good to have some light relief alongside Mitsu no Aji.

It's nice to have a detective drama where they explain how to solve the cases over a cup of tea. I wish I had a butler to serve me tea and cook me delicious dinners. I expecially liked the omurice he made when they were at the wedding! Must find a recipe...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 5th, '11, 16:31

noshadow31 wrote:Am I the only one who find the exchanges between milady and butler dry and forced? and the repetitive scenes boring?
NOPE. Actually after um..... 6? I just decided to drop it. I dunno since I knew it was gonna be repetitive but if the chemistry isn't there then yeah... it's not that enjoyable (like TRICK is very repetitive but everyone loves Yukie/Abe. They're amazing plus some of the editing they do with it is a plus ^^) I was never really crazy about Sho's acting anyway (I didn't care for him in Kisarazu... the Lawyer drama... eh..... and I saw him in a SP of that Yankee school thingy and he just seem like a Gokusen kid (not that special)

The one thing I like about this is how they show the 'gathering eyewitnesses' I dunno it makes me smile and seeing the way Keiko reacts around her boss... other than that... I dunno I don't like her snobby side that much either.

@brokenkiss I actually find a few Johnnys who act like that...

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 6th, '11, 12:43

«minah» wrote: @brokenkiss I actually find a few Johnnys who act like that...
i'm not saying sakurai is special lol but i'm curious who the other "dry & forced" actors. one of the famous "can't act" johnny is yamapi but he's "dry & dead" :fight:
sorry for the slight OT. I think despite of Sakurai acting disabilities, he fits the role well like he did in Kisarazu and the rest of dramas he acted in. Somehow the directors cast him because there's a Sho Sakurai element in the characters they visualized. I think I'm starting to like the cheesiness in his acting :P

Keiko Kitagawa was gorgeous in a red dress for ep.8.
ep.9 teaser looks mighty interesting.
Kageyama is a suspect. Intense scene between the butler and lady.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 6th, '11, 13:32

brokenparadise wrote:
i'm not saying sakurai is special lol but i'm curious who the other "dry & forced" actors. one of the famous "can't act" johnny is yamapi but he's "dry & dead" :fight:
sorry for the slight OT. I think despite of Sakurai acting disabilities, he fits the role well like he did in Kisarazu and the rest of dramas he acted in. Somehow the directors cast him because there's a Sho Sakurai element in the characters they visualized. I think I'm starting to like the cheesiness in his acting :P

How did you know who I was referring tooooo!??!

I dunno I wasn't crazy about his character and pretty much liked everyone else in the show (KCE) but yeah... from what I've seen so far of him... I'm meh. I don't go out my way to see something just because of him.

I do say that Keiko knows how to work her outfits in this show ^^

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 6th, '11, 14:54

«minah» wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:

How did you know who I was referring tooooo!??!

I dunno I wasn't crazy about his character and pretty much liked everyone else in the show (KCE) but yeah... from what I've seen so far of him... I'm meh. I don't go out my way to see something just because of him.

I do say that Keiko knows how to work her outfits in this show ^^
It will always be Yamapi :P but the guy never use force. He usually act like he's sleepwalking.

I pretty much LOVE every character in KCE and Sakurai was the perfect Bambii. I see no one else could fit Bambii as perfectly as he did. The only other drama of his that I could finish was Yamada Taro.

Can't wait for ep.9!! I have to say, ep.8 was quite enjoyable, more than the usual fare.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 6th, '11, 15:44

^
I think Yamashita used force in Nobuta because he seemed very forceful but yeah.

Oh yeah he was in Yamada Tarou.. I really love Nino's acting BUT... that drama.. in my opinion... was pretty bad (just my opinion ><) and I couldn't finish it. I thought Sho was bleh (but I don't blame him.. sometimes I think it's also the script's fault too because I dunno... he was.. just there. And I think Nino wasn't the best choice in my opinion) But I think Arashi fans just loved seeing them in it so..... at least it appealed tot hem.

I'm a bit too off-topic so lemme say something relevant um... I love Kumi's song in this & she's really pretty/sexy in the PV ^^ Diamonds, and sapphires, and you oh my!

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 7th, '11, 03:47

^disagree. pi was good in nobuta but he was never forceful. he played it naturally even though Akira was high 80% of the time. he's mostly dead in other characters though.

YTM was ok. have to take account it's pretty cartoonish and nino made a good spin out of a character that didn't suit him in the first place.

yes we are. Love Me Back is my favorite Koda Kumi song now. It's just so sexy.
ooh. ratings went up again! 15.4% for ep.8. not bad.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 9th, '11, 08:20

^LOL at yamapi acting like he's sleepwalking ^^

But anyway, the show is not boring anymore! I really enjoy ep7-8 even though the cases are still so forced but the execution is good. :D

Shiina Kippei's performance does not disappoint and I think Keiko being in pretty dresses thruout the episodes really help!! :D (no more boring work clothes yay!!)

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 14th, '11, 02:12

omg it is almost ending. Episode 9 was EPIC.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 14th, '11, 02:20

Is there still possibility left for the butler and the ojousama to have romance?

I've been rooting for the couple since Ep1... but seem like it's not happening at all XD
The ending of Ep7 was CLOSE, though...

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 14th, '11, 03:30

not sure. Both of them enjoyed having each other company. They have a very good friendship going on. I'm still rooting for them to get together. Kageyama secret protective glances over his oujo-sama doesn't seem like it's not going beyond a butler and his lady.... but I want more! XD

There's a rumor of a possible sequel. a lot are rooting for something happening between those two. Maybe a valentine special? :P

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 16th, '11, 05:22

What is the Japanese name of the show Kageyama talks about in Episode 08? It's translated to "BArk at the setting sun". Can someone give me the shows name in Kanji/Romaji? I suppose the music played is from that show?

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 16th, '11, 07:45

you can see the Kanji in the 3rd pic on the left here
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/nazotoki/story/story08.html
it's a fictional drama tho :P

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 16th, '11, 16:27

Ah, damn. I hoped, it was the drama wich belonged to the music played, because IO know, it is the music of some detective drama from the 70s.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 23rd, '11, 14:16

Finale Ep

So, Reiko's secret was...
She still believe in Santa?

akamaya

Post by akamaya » Dec 23rd, '11, 22:59

yanie wrote:Finale Ep

So, Reiko's secret was...
She still believe in Santa?
I thought so too... nothing else surfaced after that. :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 24th, '11, 14:43

Yappa ka :D

Overall, though the story gets monotone sometimes, but I enjoyed this drama enough that it ranks #3 my favorite among autumn dramas this year ^v^
Sakurai Sho finally in a role that suits him well and Kitagawa Keiko's comedic performance got better on each episode.
I have gotten sick of detective dramas, but this one managed to get my interest due to the different backgrounds of the leading characters. (compared to other detective dramas)

I'm in love so much with the music scores! Kanno Yugo ROCKS, as always!

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 27th, '11, 08:02

^ Glad you enjoyed it! As for Sho, imo he was well casted in most characters he had played but Sho-san just lacking in talent to perform the characters like a proper actor should.
The drama is pretty entertaining overall. Keiko and Sho are gorgeous to look at and they did a decent job to make the characters quite memorable. It is not much of a detective drama, light and nonsensical. Great if you love observing Sho Sakurai as a delectable butler or Keiko Kitagawa as his adorable ojousama.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 9th, '12, 09:24

I finished it! I going to miss Kazematsuri :( I hope there's a chance of a second series!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 26th, '12, 17:32

Good news everyone! There's going to be an SP on the 27th March at 9pm!

It's set in Okinawa and Kageyama 'may' be involved in some kind of romance. On the website it's phrased as "Surely Kageyama isn't involved in a love romance...!?" which I'm guessing means everyone thinks that he is but it turns out to be something completely different. As well as Kageyama, all the main characters from the series will return (Reiko, Kazematsuri etc..

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 2nd, '12, 08:47

I enjoyed the SP very much! But still...
I want a Kageyama-Reiko ojousama romance! No, a romance with Reiko-lookalike is not enough XD
The case itself was quite enjoyable to follow. And I learned an Okinawan word "Nan kuru nai sa~" from this SP... haha, love this word!! (it's like the equivalent to 'hakuna matata')

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 27th, '12, 13:17

Is there anyone who have subtitle for SP season ?