Looks or Personality?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
inishi

Looks or Personality?

Post by inishi » Jan 6th, '09, 05:32

So...sometime during the holiday that just passed, my friends and i somehow started a debate on whether you would pick a guy or girl (in terms of dating) depending on their looks or personality. BUT...here's the catch. They can be really good looking (or you can just imagine your favourite celeb) with a terrible personality or would you pick a not-so-good-looking person with an amazing personality?

Picture...i dunno Matsumoto Jun for example. Pretty good looking but, he's abusive towards you and uses you. On the other hand, someone could have a funny look ear that's pretty noticeable, he's also not the best looking around, but he has an incredible personality?

My answer to my friends (after much debate) is i would say 60/40 for personality. :/

What's everyone else's opinion? I hope this isn't a re-post of any sort..

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '09, 18:32

50/50! Looks can be bit lower than personality, but not vise-versa ^_^

Kago89

Post by Kago89 » Feb 28th, '09, 10:50

Reality : Most of the people first always go for the looks . Truth
Secondaire : When they find out about low personality they always rather go with someone lower looks but good hearted Truth or not ?!.

carinaxo

Post by carinaxo » Mar 2nd, '09, 00:17

You can be the best looking person in the world but if your
personality stinks, it doesn't matter how good you look.

tofutofu

Post by tofutofu » Mar 2nd, '09, 00:32

Well judging on display pics-
Inishi-Personality
Minah-Peronality
Kago89-Looks

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 3rd, '09, 03:48

Well, how ugly are you talking about here? If it's just "not good looking", definitely personality. But it's "down right ugly" or "gross and unhygienic", then I'm going to date neither of them. Either way, a guy with the wrong personality just doesn't do it for me. On the other hand, I know that I can slowly fall in love with a guy if he takes the time to show me he's worth it on the inside.

You might THINK that looks are important, but you should take a good look at your close friends. Most people stop thinking about whether their friends are pretty or not on a physical level when their friendship goes beyond a certain level. I believe that this is certainly true for non-platonic relationships too.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 6th, '09, 07:16

I'd choose personality.
looks change, characters are hard to work on.

Zarine

Post by Zarine » Mar 6th, '09, 07:39

I would always choose personality, just because I'm super super picky when it comes to dating people. I can't stand weak willed guys that need constant attention. Although it's kind of odd how you can tell a little bit about a person's personality by how they dress/take care of themselves. For example, I'm more likely to go up and talk to a guy who is more uniquely dressed or well dressed than the typical guys these days that all seem to have the same haircut and always wear kaki pants and a striped shirt. And I loooooove guys with long hair. Though I'd still go with a guy who had an awesome personality and didn't look that great over a super hot guy but pathetic individual.

On the other hand, there's one thing in terms of apperance that I am a stickler on, and that's weight. I don't find overweight guys attractive. It's not to be shallow and it also has somewhat do with personality. Yes, I know there are people out there with legitimate medical issues concerning their weight, but overall if you're overweight just because you're lazy it's a big turn off for me.

fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Mar 6th, '09, 08:00

looks is the first impression but personality lasts...a lifetime

thats all *bows*

ja ne...

Eddie113

Post by Eddie113 » Mar 10th, '09, 23:10

personality for sure.....how could you date someone if you can't even stand them? what makes a great relationship is the chemistry, and not the looks....obviously looks is what intentionally attracts you, but the personality will keep you together

dabogy

Post by dabogy » Jul 15th, '09, 01:19

In a long term partner I would be looking for mental stability as a number one on the list. Being single has allowed me to remember just how trying it was dealing with her problems. Constantly being an emotional crutch was draining.
I still like women to be attractive but personality has a huge role to play. Then again though, I think I can fall in love too easily. I'm very easily pleased.
I haven't had kids yet, but I would like to before I am 30(and get married). I guess that only gives me 4 years to meet the right woman, but I'm hoping.

White Reflection

Post by White Reflection » Aug 24th, '09, 01:42

the look is very important but we can love the other person without looking at him/her

the treatment and expressing the feelings are the most important for growing the relation

:D

Milkywaychen

Post by Milkywaychen » Sep 7th, '09, 16:36

A few years ago I would have said "Very clear, Personality is it!"

But now I think this is a difficult question because "Looks" and "Personality" balance each other for me and I would prefer a partner who has both. I wouldn´t be happy with an attractive partner with a really nasty personality, but on the other side, I would also not be happy with an unattractive partner and a kind personality.

But, there is always something a person can do about his/her looks and bad habits. :P

SweetPanda191

Post by SweetPanda191 » Sep 21st, '09, 10:01

hmm yea I agree that a person can work on them but I like the personality better but of course the guy has to be good looking as well :P

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Sep 26th, '09, 14:31

People are usually attracted by looks (since you can't see personality, sadly), but are generally kept by personality.

It'd be great if my future wife looks great, but I would want to be able to have intelligent conversations with her, and looks don't help with that - though of course both would be best. Some guys are quite happy with "trophy" wives, but I doubt that would work for me. I don't want to have to do all the thinking myself! :-)

murokeksi

Post by murokeksi » Sep 26th, '09, 15:44

I think it also depends a lot how old u are..
When u are young you watch more the looks, but as u get older u start to think more long term relationships.. and of course if personality sucks u can`t keep relationship..

but if person is really ugly and u can`t even look at her/him... how you are supposed to get to know this person`s personality?

It`s not one without another.. U go for the looks, but in the end personality is what keeps u together.

Also I think most of the couples are kind of same "level" in the looks.. like good looking girl is with handsome man(of course if either one is rich that`s totally different case haha) and not so pretty with not so hot guy.. That`s just how is goes..

technohive

Post by technohive » Oct 6th, '09, 02:10

I prefer personality but it would have been better if he has two qualities personality as well as good looks then you will become a winner already..

paulf

Post by paulf » Oct 23rd, '09, 06:26

Well, from my observation it goes more like: people date/sleep with people they find really attractive when theyre young, and as you mature you loose interest in that and look to find someone based more on personality. Like girls that "trade down" when they get married.

Personality doesnt matter when youre looking for someone sexy to hang out with and screw for a few months, but when you're looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with, its a different story.

Then again, you have to be ready to wake up to their face the rest of your life, lol.

Basically, I think that whole "looks or personality" thing is a bunch of nonsense anyway. Just because someones attractive doesnt mean they have a bad personality. And on the other hand there are PLEENNNTYYY of hate, awful unattractive people in the world.

In order for anyone to be satiesfied, you need BOTH.

Deleted User 206561

Post by Deleted User 206561 » Oct 23rd, '09, 07:37

Last edited by Deleted User 206561 on Sep 29th, '23, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

bomber1122

Post by bomber1122 » Jan 13th, '10, 12:16

Personality carrys about 70 % looks about 15% the other 15%..... u can guess it

SeraEris

Post by SeraEris » Jan 15th, '10, 10:27

that's a very interesting topic :thumright:

about 2 years ago I wrote that somewhere:

a person is:
100% what they think
50% what they speak or DO if they speak and act their minds
1% looks

now I would say the follow:
if it is for just a hookup one night stand mindless sex, then 100% looks [who cares if the other can even speak when you would be out of their door before they even wake up next morning]
if someone looks for a long term relationship/marriage then personality is what matters the most.

Also how many times have you seen an extremely beautiful person but you had a feeling inside that they were the ugliest person in the world?
If a person is rotten inside that is always shown on their very beautiful face, and make them look ugly.
on the other hand if a person is a teddy bear then that can't be hidden under thick glasses, or pimples and fatty cheeks ;)

yellowsky

Post by yellowsky » Jan 17th, '10, 15:54

Personality is definitely the more important one(if not, one of the most tbh) for me at least.
You have to love someone for who they are and be willing to be with them, understand them and share a life with them. Would you really think looks will achieve all that the best? What if that "pretty lover" of yours one day became disabled(e.g.having a deformed face)? Would you still love them just liek before or will your relationship die and crumble into oblivion?

Of course, both are not mutually exclusive and of course if someone possess both is ideal. =D

SeraEris

Post by SeraEris » Jan 17th, '10, 16:02

yellowsky :)
you just hit a vein girl :)
and It is really sad when something like that happens.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 10th, '10, 17:00

Looks with personality.Like me. Muahahahaaa!!!
No, seriously, what is good personality? How can you guess that someone has good one when your eyes meet? If you start a conversation, how can you guess? And not to forget, personality is not something given. It's changing. One year your beloved can be like a sweet kitten just to tear you to pieces the very next year.
Nothing's fixed in this world. Personality as well. Look as well.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Feb 21st, '10, 05:33

In terms of dating? Well, looks of course. Looks I tell ya! LOOKS!!! It'd be fun to show your friends what a hot guy you have. Or so I said when I was younger. I regretted that. Now that I'm older, I say personality. Or, well, I don't know about personality, but someone you're compatible with, and not necessarily a 10 out of 10. Maybe an average looker.

I think it's true what people said about age. It matters a lot. The older you get, the less you care about looks. But it depends really. Other issues come into play, like financial matters and family and career. I like what Ethlenn said about how personality changes over time. That's true. Someone maybe a gentlemen at first cuz they're trying to get your attention, but then later on, show their true colors. And someone can still remain as nice as pie, only to have their interest wane on you. What I mean is, someone can just lose interest in you, but still stay with you, for the sake of being with somebody, which sucks just as much.

Nothing lasts under the sun. There are lots of factors to consider. But in terms of looks and personality, I'd say 50/50. And if a person's too ugly, well there's always plastic surgery :lol -- i kid.

mints

Post by mints » Feb 21st, '10, 05:56

Looks. To put it simply i wouldn't mind being kicked around a bit from Ryo Nishikido lol.

pinkie

Post by pinkie » Feb 25th, '10, 08:00

i dun go for looks or wealth or educational background..i go for personality 100%

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 25th, '10, 12:53

Educational background is one important factor (maybe not crucial but). I couldn't be with a moron that doesn't understand a word I'm saying. But you know, educated isn't the synonym to intelligent.

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Feb 25th, '10, 14:12

Well I would say 100/100 XD

For me there are some factors that a guy must have. Like I can´t fall in love with a guy who isn´t my taste. I know many good looking guys, but they just aren´t my type.

The same goes to personality. Some person might have a create personality, but if it isn´t my taste then I can´t too nothing.

I usually "read" people when I first meet them. The first thing to watch is of course the looks, because we can´t see the personality at first, right? the I do my "reading" (for example if he smokes or not etc.).

To me there must be 100/100 because looks without personality is like a flower without smell; personality without looks is like smell without flower. You may guess that I´m quite picky, but thanks to that I meet the most wonderful guys ^o^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 28th, '10, 21:22

You know, there are flowers that don't smell, and others smell really badly...

tisa

Post by tisa » Mar 9th, '10, 22:17

I couldn't fall in love with good looks, but i must admit that i notice beautiful people more than those not so gifted with good looks. I guess i've become a little strange because i have been watching dramas for such a long time where the leads usually aren't bad looking so my standards must have gone up. But in the end i'm still charmed by words and actions.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 9th, '10, 22:56

I always find it surprising how little attraction for me seems to depend on 'raw looks' (facial features and body/height) and how much on style, fashion, and personality.

For example, I can be in love with an actor's character in one drama/movie and be pretty cold to them in the next. A few recent examples of this are:

Kim Bum, who I never found very eye-catching (just 'cute') is sexy, suave and a romance lead who works for me in Still, Marry Me. Sure, he may have matured a little facially since the last time I saw him (in BOF), but as a man who's finished puberty, can't have matured that much in less than a year, right? So I attribute the newfound attractiveness entirely to his new hair style and the charms of his character.

Kim Ji Hoon from the currently airing Wish Upon the Stars is another example. Sexy in other roles, he left me cold for a good 10 episodes of the drama when his character was intentionally unlikable -- and then, once his character started to warm up, the attraction level boosted up again.

Shin Dong Wook from the same drama is another good example. I found him bloody nose-inducingly sexy and charming in Soulmate (the big headsets! His job as a music coordinator! The fashion! His easy-going vibe with his friends!), but he leaves me cold in WUAS because his character is a manipulative wimp with boring hair and a more boring wardrobe.

Joo Ji Hoon, yes another good example: sexy-sexy as Prince Shin in Goong, terrifying and attractive in a strange way in The Devil and completely unattractive as a chain-smoking, facial hair sporting wannabe macho in Antique Bakery.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels that way, but that's actually a big reason why I'm not really one of those fans who follow actors. To me, a character in a drama is that character and not the actor, and I actually find it surprising how different on the attractiveness scale different characters portrayed by the same actor can land.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 9th, '10, 23:07

This is, as for me, the main reason of liking some actor or not. I don't care about their private lives, if they are nice towards the fans, that's ok, but I'm unaffected. I'm fascinated more by characters they play and atmosphere they evoke. And if an actor can be attractive or not, it depends on how seriously he takes his own "charm and good looks", and how seriously he's taking acting.
I was more attracted by Joo Ji Hoon in Antique than in Goong (although he was handsome there), because he wasn't afraid to show his unattractive side, yet finesse of it won me over completely.

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cool_drama » Mar 9th, '10, 23:33

A person who you think is unattractive initially might become attractive to you later on when you fall for his or her personality.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 17th, '10, 21:48

i am not gonna lie, if a person attracts me with his looks, of course, there is a better chance that i will talk to him. but if i were to choose a boyfriend, he will have to be compatible with me regardless of looks. of course, i am not saying i will date ugly people coz if i love him, he is handsome to me.

BukHooKee

Post by BukHooKee » Mar 17th, '10, 22:28

Looks - one night stand, summer fling, flavour of the week, just feeling horny

Personality - condom broke, now she's prego's, hopefully she got a nice attitude so she not going to flee and demand child support

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 17th, '10, 22:32

BukHooKee wrote:Looks - one night stand, summer fling, flavour of the week, just feeling horny

Personality - condom broke, now she's prego's, hopefully she got a nice attitude so she not going to flee and demand child support
very very very true. of course we all hope for looks + personality - condom breaking! :w00t:

BukHooKee

Post by BukHooKee » Mar 17th, '10, 22:42

Is this another Shallow Hal question that is on every forum in the world wide web? (rhetorical question)

Not going to lie, appearances attract, personality keeps me coming back for more. After beauty fades, there's always viagra to help me get it back up to where we belong.

twinkyofalla

i prefer personality

Post by twinkyofalla » Mar 24th, '10, 08:48

Isn't it funny that in dating we prefer the looks. Even at a young age in twenties most prefer the physical. What matters about both is according to what we really need deep inside.

twinkyofalla

Post by twinkyofalla » Mar 24th, '10, 10:13

For me it is also hard to seek someone who have them both. But the thing is we have a lot of time searching. We have the internet and any means of communication to find one. SO lets maximize!

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 24th, '10, 20:01

of course its hard to find someone with both.... but i dont know about having alot of time searching... for some of us, apparently, our youth has passed.... WHAHAHA :D

wsim

Post by wsim » Mar 25th, '10, 05:14

I will be honest here, I take both into account. For looks, I do not expect a girl to be a supermodel or anything of that sort. However, I have a minimum standard and as long as I can consider a girl "Average-looking", that is cool with me. Call me shallow but if I can only brand a girl as "ugly" then I don't want to waste my time nor hers.

Having a decent mix of both looks and personality is not always easy though. I do have core requirements such as being able to laugh/sense of humor, good morals and values, sweet, honest and friendly. Honesty is very important to me.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:31

wsim wrote:I will be honest here, I take both into account. For looks, I do not expect a girl to be a supermodel or anything of that sort. However, I have a minimum standard and as long as I can consider a girl "Average-looking", that is cool with me. Call me shallow but if I can only brand a girl as "ugly" then I don't want to waste my time nor hers.

Having a decent mix of both looks and personality is not always easy though. I do have core requirements such as being able to laugh/sense of humor, good morals and values, sweet, honest and friendly. Honesty is very important to me.
but if they are models and with a good personality, that'd be great! HAHAHA :D

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 16:53

HongKongChick wrote:
wsim wrote:I will be honest here, I take both into account. For looks, I do not expect a girl to be a supermodel or anything of that sort. However, I have a minimum standard and as long as I can consider a girl "Average-looking", that is cool with me. Call me shallow but if I can only brand a girl as "ugly" then I don't want to waste my time nor hers.

but if they are models and with a good personality, that'd be great! HAHAHA :D
Doesn't mean she will date and average joe. So all the average guys including can just keep dreaming LOL

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 16:58

um... i beg to differ.... what is average? if u have a nice shiny car with shiny wheels, they will go with ya. :)

um... i am no model but i did appear on a calendar of a car forum a few years back... i was miss July! AHHAHA :lol

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 17:08

HongKongChick wrote:um... i beg to differ.... what is average? if u have a nice shiny car with shiny wheels, they will go with ya. :)

um... i am no model but i did appear on a calendar of a car forum a few years back... i was miss July! AHHAHA :lol
But....you're not a supermodel. :whistling:
Actually I don't go around picking up people on my supra.
That would be the civic's job.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 17:11

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:um... i beg to differ.... what is average? if u have a nice shiny car with shiny wheels, they will go with ya. :)

no...i am not a supermodel... not even tall and skinny enough for that

picking people? i meant picking up girls... ahahah... we are raccoons, we like shinny things.. ahhah

not me. i like primer! AHHAHHAHA :lol

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 17:14

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:

no...i am not a supermodel... not even tall and skinny enough for that

picking people? i meant picking up girls... ahahah... we are raccoons, we like shinny things.. ahhah

not me. i like primer! AHHAHHAHA :lol
I like mine clean. Squeaky and shiny clean looking. Not bling bling shiny. That's why both my cars are black.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 25th, '10, 17:17

PocketKiriyama wrote:
I like mine clean. Squeaky and shiny clean looking. Not bling bling shiny. That's why both my cars are black.
mine is black too. but i want to paint it dark purple one day... real dark purple...

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 25th, '10, 17:23

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote:
mine is black too. but i want to paint it dark purple one day... real dark purple...
Not only that but black is a great color when you're a night rider like me. I've sped by cops at over 110mph a few times and they never seem to notice me. I just love to blend into the shadows. Ninja Vanish!!!

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 02:34

PocketKiriyama wrote: Not only that but black is a great color when you're a night rider like me. I've sped by cops at over 110mph a few times and they never seem to notice me. I just love to blend into the shadows. Ninja Vanish!!!
yup that's why i wanna go dark. but black isnt my fav. color. and i dont wanna do like a pink or red, that just screams "look at me, i am going fast, gimme a ticket"

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 12:42

HongKongChick wrote:
PocketKiriyama wrote: Not only that but black is a great color when you're a night rider like me. I've sped by cops at over 110mph a few times and they never seem to notice me. I just love to blend into the shadows. Ninja Vanish!!!
yup that's why i wanna go dark. but black isnt my fav. color. and i dont wanna do like a pink or red, that just screams "look at me, i am going fast, gimme a ticket"
Got that right!. My favorite colors are black, white, metallic grey, and dark mica blue. I used to love red back then but maybe because I was a hot headed youngen.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 16:08

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote:
Got that right!. My favorite colors are black, white, metallic grey, and dark mica blue. I used to love red back then but maybe because I was a hot headed youngen.
i love red. just not on a car. hahaha :lol i guess i like to stand out, but at the same time, i dont. it's complicated. :P

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 16:25

HongKongChick wrote: i love red. just not on a car. hahaha :lol i guess i like to stand out, but at the same time, i dont. it's complicated. :P
Yeah I know the feeling I wore black a lot back then. A friend gave me the nickname "the hitman" because I had all black attire and i was carrying around a black case every other day. btw that black case was just a trumpet I use for music class.

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 26th, '10, 17:33

PocketKiriyama wrote:
HongKongChick wrote: i love red. just not on a car. hahaha :lol i guess i like to stand out, but at the same time, i dont. it's complicated. :P
Yeah I know the feeling I wore black a lot back then. A friend gave me the nickname "the hitman" because I had all black attire and i was carrying around a black case every other day. btw that black case was just a trumpet I use for music class.
my friends call me china doll. hahaa... i dont know why... maybe coz i wear red alot. and i am quite shy in person till i get to know u. and sorta submissive... and i am a kick ass cook, and i clean... very typical asian woman in their eyes. hahaha but then when they got to know me, they were like "what the hell?" :mrgreen:

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 26th, '10, 17:42

HongKongChick wrote:
my friends call me china doll. hahaa... i dont know why... maybe coz i wear red alot. and i am quite shy in person till i get to know u. and sorta submissive... and i am a kick ass cook, and i clean... very typical asian woman in their eyes. hahaha but then when they got to know me, they were like "what the hell?" :mrgreen:
It's because of your hairstyle too maybe.
I'm a really shy guy so I don't talk much. But talk about cars and I can go for ever or put me behind the wheel and I turn into something else. As I focus nearly 100 percent even on normal driving days. My motto for driving is don't hit others and don't let them hit you.

twinkyofalla

What's More Important - Looks or Personality?

Post by twinkyofalla » Mar 31st, '10, 03:50

I have to go with personality. Looks doesn’t matter if your attitude sucks. While having great personality shows your true beauty.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 31st, '10, 04:55

If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. -Ron White

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 31st, '10, 12:39

Fantastical wrote:If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. -Ron White
I always tell my friends that stupidity is only what you make yourself to be because no one is born stupid.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 31st, '10, 12:47

PocketKiriyama wrote:
Fantastical wrote:If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. -Ron White
I always tell my friends that stupidity is only what you make yourself to be because no one is born stupid.
Oh no my friend. Some people ARE born stupid. It's just politically correct to say otherwise. West Borough Baptist Church is a good example and Natural selection is just nature's way of insuring a new open apt. :D

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Mar 31st, '10, 14:46

Fantastical wrote:
Oh no my friend. Some people ARE born stupid. It's just politically correct to say otherwise. West Borough Baptist Church is a good example and Natural selection is just nature's way of insuring a new open apt. :D
I will have to disagree on that and natural selection do have a way but.....I don't want to explain now because I'm starving and in need of a shower. Maybe later...

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Apr 2nd, '10, 16:46

nah, no one is born stupid. environment makes us who we are. :P of course, natural selection has a way....

but stupid is only by comparison. Forrest Gump was legally considered stupid, but he also was very smart in many ways.

less intelligent, but not stupid. but.... there are always exceptions.... i find those teenage girls getting prego stupid, but i am sure their IQ isnt low. hahahhahahahaha LOL :D

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Apr 2nd, '10, 19:43

HongKongChick wrote:nah, no one is born stupid. environment makes us who we are. :P of course, natural selection has a way....

but stupid is only by comparison. Forrest Gump was legally considered stupid, but he also was very smart in many ways.

less intelligent, but not stupid. but.... there are always exceptions.... i find those teenage girls getting prego stupid, but i am sure their IQ isnt low. hahahhahahahaha LOL :D
Exactly right. Like I have a lower IQ than my brother but I'm more accomplished than he is in terms of what I wanted to do in life. While he still dream the dream but haven't picked up his butt to start doing anything serious yet. But I'm planning something for him right now and I hope it works out...of course he doesn't know as I haven't talk to him for over month now after a small argument. But seeing how he lives pisses me off so I'm going to cram into him a motivation, unconsciously that he had lost so long ago. Ah those were the good old days.

pj01

Post by pj01 » Apr 11th, '10, 02:24

biniBningPunkista wrote:I'd choose personality.
looks change, characters are hard to work on.

mens replica sunglasses

yah..looks can change but the personality can never be..
:thumleft: :thumright:
Last edited by pj01 on Apr 15th, '10, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Apr 11th, '10, 02:41

PocketKiriyama wrote:
Fantastical wrote:
I will have to disagree on that and natural selection do have a way but.....I don't want to explain now because I'm starving and in need of a shower. Maybe later...
nah...screw that.
We always want to be politically correct and all of that nonsense.
There are things yo can say or "not wise to do" or "not the most intelligent"
Some people are just dumbasses.
Prime examples.
Seatbelts.
If you don't want to wear an inertial inhibitor in a situation that can turn you into so much dashboard goo then you are a dumbass.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Apr 11th, '10, 14:21

Fantastical wrote: If you don't want to wear an inertial inhibitor in a situation that can turn you into so much dashboard goo then you are a dumbass.
LOL that's really funny. I feel really uncomfortable without seat belts but that's probably because of how fast I drive sometimes.

jusomekid

Post by jusomekid » May 27th, '10, 02:20

Personality is more important for me :D looks are w/e...

stardust187

Post by stardust187 » Jul 1st, '10, 08:54

Ok, i may not be a girl, but i do understand their minds, and i'd say about 60% go for looks, unless their personality is really strong, such as sensative, nice, supportive, etc. Its very hard to distinguish who likes what type of guys.

Sometimes its based on the girls personality, such as girly girls, punk, flashy, etc.

I guess different situations bring couples together. Hope i helped a bit =P

PorcelainDoll

Post by PorcelainDoll » Aug 19th, '10, 02:58

personally i have to go for both. a lot of people say looks don't matter, when usually it always does. has to be handsome with a good personality . but if that person is handsome with a rotten personality then it's on to the next one.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 11th, '10, 23:15

A person get's captured by the looks.

Some stay there just for that, others need a bit more. Some notices, but only stays if there's more to the pretty face. Personally, I couldn't give a damn about looks. I'm butt-ugly (hahahaha, is true) myself, so why I judge my relationship on that? I can find them attractive sure, but unless he can make me laugh, take care of me, then that's all that matters really. I don't care if they world looks at us and says, well that's one butt-ugly couple... We're having fun together, and that's what matters.

Plus even pretty people get butt-ugly in the end. No one stays pretty forever. We've got an edge cause we've practiced longer. :)

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Sep 12th, '10, 04:16

why choose? Why can't a person be good looking AND have a personality?

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 12th, '10, 13:08

Because not everyone has those :)

They're either taken, or gay. And not everyone has the opportunity to choose. Anyway looks are usually relative anyway. What's handsome/pretty to someone may not be to you. *shrugs* I say something as relative and changing as beauty shouldn't be the foundation of a good relationship.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 12th, '10, 14:15

I wouldn't go out with a girl who I don't like(in looks). But I couldn't stand it if girl is stupid, has no common sense and logic but looks good. So I can't decide which one. One is nothing w/o the other.

brock9233

Post by brock9233 » Oct 6th, '10, 06:14

I think personality matters most than the looks only, I have seen some people do have looks but their overall personality is not great.

freedomtaken

Post by freedomtaken » Oct 6th, '10, 06:33

Looks capture your attention. Personality keeps it there. I like people not shallow attractive narcissits.
Or the vapid types. Personality will always come out on top for me. But then again there are some physical features I can't overcome and some characteristics I just cannot bridge either.