my realization

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
aznguy808

my realization

Post by aznguy808 » Oct 19th, '08, 11:58

I realized something within these past few months...what more is there to a job to work? what is after all of that?

my father comes home from work telling me stories about guys being 60+ years old still working as a mechanic not because they want the money, but because they dont know what else to do after work. ive seen my grandparents just rot away at home being absorbed in watching tv, drinking soda, not exercising. a life after work is pretty sad unless you make a change.

in these past few months ive been able to meet very rich/powerful people. ive been lucky to eat dinner/sit down at a golf tournament with them. having these 1 to 1 conversations with these people, and i realized that hey they're no different than me...i always thought these guys were stuck up motherfuckers, dont give a **** about some kid...but as i kept on talking to them the more i realized they loved their job. after hearing people complain about their jobs. i really began to think about why do i want to become an engineer? why do i want it so bad? i realized that it was for the money, for me to support my mother and father and my future wife and kids, and an engineering job would be able to accomplish that.

the more i thought, i wondered, the more i interacted the more experinces i heard/read on forums and from people ive been noticing what am i doing? 4 years of school lead to 30+ years of 40+ hours of work a week...that's indeed the future of everyone going to college, thats why i decided to take a risk.

what im about to say, what i started to believe, what i came to realize is going to be bashed and hammered by everyone that had a huge dream but was never able to accomplish it due to lack to training, experience, management, and team work. network marketing is the next job the future the job beyond the job. those people i sat down with, talked 1 to 1 with were all network markters, mlm. im taking a risk for a better future there is need for a change in this routine made work, i want to have a flexible schedule, spend time with my family...this will be my future.

id like to get opinions from you guys send me pm's

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Dec 3rd, '08, 20:01

I read your post twice and I'm still not exactly sure what your hinting at or implying? There appears to be not just grammatical errors but problems with your sentence structure.

This is an internet forum so I'm not here to police you on how to spell or form sentences. It's just that I couldn't understand what your point was.

If your implying that school isn't important or that work isn't important than I suggest you take a cold hard look at reality. Keep in mind it's not mutually exclusive. Without school, the jobs you get will pay very low wages. With school, there's a slightly higher chance of you getting a decent pay(obviously this is dependent on your knowledge and expertise). Going down either paths, you will still make money. The question is, how much?

Now, as for your revelation it's still not clear what you've come to realize.

I'll add my $0.02 on life & school. In most countries including America, your born into a school system. If your fortunate, you start schooling just over a year after birth. From pre-school -> kindergarten -> elementary school -> high school -> college and if you need more, there's always graduate school. Some people take this path to try and enrich themselves, in knowledge and wealth. Our society(esp. America) encourages the ideology of knowledge, especially for those who are worthy of it. Obviously, after high school all your really working to gain is a piece of paper that says your smart. If your looking to become smarter, this can be achieved through grad school,med school,law school, etc... The more papers that say your smart, the more money your supposedly going to make. The only other factors that attribute to your success is how hard you work and the people you know.

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Dec 3rd, '08, 21:06

I believe the original poster is trolling for people to "get rich quick" though some kind of network marketing (also known as "multi-level marketing", also very VERY often a scam).

Could be wrong, but that's sure what it looks like to me. :glare:

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Dec 3rd, '08, 21:34

Great... so I went on a rant for nothing. :glare:

KuroRyu

Post by KuroRyu » Dec 3rd, '08, 21:56

I lol'd a little :-)

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Dec 4th, '08, 07:44

LancerReiNi wrote:Great... so I went on a rant for nothing. :glare:
Ah well, your heart's in the right place. After all these years, I've gotten pretty good at spotting a scam. :salut: