My love is 9000km away...

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
newersumm

My love is 9000km away...

Post by newersumm » Jul 12th, '08, 22:18

Well ..yeah pretty much what the title says

Last week Ive met the cutest, kindest, honest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life.
We went out several times, and both really really like eachother, but the problem is, that she had to leave back to japan today. I mean, she could be THE ONE for me.. so I promised her I will come visit her next year for atleast 1 month.
And I must say, I have never fallen in love before, and I am 20 years old. Never ever.

Why am I telling you this? Mostly, because I had to tell someone, because the pain of not having her here is almost unbearable. At the moment I dont imagine how will I be able to wait for 1 year before I can visit her...and there is this fear that she will forget me, or find another guy :cry:
My university has an option to send students studying in japan for 5 years, so I am currently deciding wheter to apply for it next year, or not. (im studying japanese fyi)
Cheer me up a bit guys.. :-(

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Jul 12th, '08, 23:32

I know its a sounds daft for asking but did you exchange contact details.

We live in a so called modern world so you could has a long distance relationship via webcam etc.

But by the sounds of it, it looks like your going to start saving for plane tickets.

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jul 13th, '08, 09:22

freezspirit wrote:I know its a sounds daft for asking but did you exchange contact details.
We live in a so called modern world so you could has a long distance relationship via webcam etc.
Yes, ofcourse. I asked for her email on the first date.
I still didnt know her well that time, so I said if she would send me pictures we took together as an excuse for her email :whistling:
She also told me that she has live messenger, so this is even better than email .
I still wait for her to come home, so I can talk to her...it seems like eternity :-(

freezspirit wrote: But by the sounds of it, it looks like your going to start saving for plane tickets.

Haha, this really made me laugh. Im selling my guitar, and laptop as we speak. And next week im going to find some part time job, and start saving money on everything.
My parents said that they will add some money for the plane ticket..so I think I can manage it :salut:
I really am ready to do anything for her

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Jul 13th, '08, 09:31

wow your parents sounds really cool. I'm saving up for my trip to japan next year too, but I'm well off enough to not sacrifice anything.
I'm 26 and I haven't fallen in love yet so I'm a little jealous. LOL
Well good luck man. Ganbatte!!!!

H a n a

Re: My love is 9000km away...

Post by H a n a » Jul 13th, '08, 10:07

newersumm wrote:Well ..yeah pretty much what the title says

Last week Ive met the cutest, kindest, honest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life.
We went out several times, and both really really like eachother, but the problem is, that she had to leave back to japan today. I mean, she could be THE ONE for me.. so I promised her I will come visit her next year for atleast 1 month.
And I must say, I have never fallen in love before, and I am 20 years old. Never ever.

Why am I telling you this? Mostly, because I had to tell someone, because the pain of not having her here is almost unbearable. At the moment I dont imagine how will I be able to wait for 1 year before I can visit her...and there is this fear that she will forget me, or find another guy :cry:
My university has an option to send students studying in japan for 5 years, so I am currently deciding wheter to apply for it next year, or not. (im studying japanese fyi)
Cheer me up a bit guys.. :-(
Gambatteeeeeee :-)
do your best and hopefully
you will not lose the chance to see her again
and she will remember U

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Jul 13th, '08, 10:15

The reason asked about exchanging contact details was that I remember another user posted a simular story last year except the girl details wrong or something like that. But I liked the fact that you double checked her email details before she left - with sending the photos.

If your parents are willing to put money towards your plane ticket - I wondering if this was towards your study trip (parents always thinking about your education or just want you out the house - well you did say it was for 5 years. lol) or did they meet the girl and think like you she's the one.

Personally I wouldn't sell your guitar and laptop at the moment - unless you need the cash right down as you said your going to look for a part tme job so that will bring in the money.

A bit of advice on saving - (take it or leave it as I know your only 20) Set up a saving account and put a set amount of money in every month. Stop smoking (if you do - your be amazed at just how much you will save this way). If you go out with your mates etc - reduce the amount of times during the week and set a limit of spending. There are more ways to save but I can't be bothered to wrte them all down.

H a n a

Post by H a n a » Jul 13th, '08, 10:28

freezspirit wrote:The reason asked about exchanging contact details was that I remember another user posted a simular story last year except the girl details wrong or something like that. But I liked the fact that you double checked her email details before she left - with sending the photos.

If your parents are willing to put money towards your plane ticket - I wondering if this was towards your study trip (parents always thinking about your education or just want you out the house - well you did say it was for 5 years. lol) or did they meet the girl and think like you she's the one.

Personally I wouldn't sell your guitar and laptop at the moment - unless you need the cash right down as you said your going to look for a part tme job so that will bring in the money.

A bit of advice on saving - (take it or leave it as I know your only 20) Set up a saving account and put a set amount of money in every month. Stop smoking (if you do - your be amazed at just how much you will save this way). If you go out with your mates etc - reduce the amount of times during the week and set a limit of spending. There are more ways to save but I can't be bothered to wrte them all down.

I believe that your Ideas are very good. :-)
I advise him to move forward and following the ideas you have posted.

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jul 13th, '08, 11:14

freezspirit wrote:The reason asked about exchanging contact details was that I remember another user posted a simular story last year except the girl details wrong or something like that. But I liked the fact that you double checked her email details before she left - with sending the photos.

Well back then I didnt really know if she is in love with me or not. So I asked for her email, because I just had to. I wanted to talk with her, see her pictures, feel close to her..
Now I just want all of this even more! So double check for the win :salut:

I must say, I have great parents, and they support me at everything. My mom will definately worry about me, and will call me all the time hehe, but she supports me, and so does my dad. They will give me money no matter what I do, as long I dont do bad things, and I am grateful for that.

No do not need the cash immidiately, but I want it as much as possible, so I feel ...safe or something , do you understand what i mean :)? English is not my mother tongue so Im deeply sorry, for any misunderstandings or faulty written stuff :|

Saving..well I will tell you honestly that I do not drink, smoke, do any drugs or anything, I dont go out much so I dont spend a lot of money. Because I still live in a shared building with my parents (i have no need for my own apartement yet), I pretty much live for free.
The only thing I spend money are stupid things i buy from time to time like CDs, games, martial arts weapons.. (love this stuff haha). But Im dedicated to really start saving on everything.
About guitar and laptop, I have no need for them so they go directly on Ebay for a symbolic price.

Oh I almost forgot, I think ive written it wrong.
I will go to japan next summer for 1 month.
And after that.. in 2010 I will hopefully be going there for 2-5 years, with my collegee paying for living, plane ticket and school stuff. So I think its a fantastic chance, what do you think? But then again, 5 years, is a long time.. I may never see my grandparents again, this is the thing that scares me the most. :pale:

Hana, pocketkiriyama ..thanks I love you guys