Why Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
AzHisoka
Posts: 2
Joined: Dec 29th, '06, 20:59

Why Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men

Post by AzHisoka » Sep 7th, '07, 03:16

So, I was reading this article on why Asian women don't date Asian men, and found it pretty amusing but WRONG, for those of you wondering why they don't.. read this girl's opinion.

So, as an Asian guy, I feel the need to get out of lurker-status and let out my anger.. I don't fulfill most of the stereotypes associated with asian guys.. I consider myself confident, somewhat **** at times (but not to the point of arrogance), and not quiet.. I'm pretty much the class clown, and am hardly the shy type.

Deep down inside, I know part of the article is right though.. Everywhere I go, I see a TON of Asian girls dating men of other ethnicites.. white, black, whatever..

So for all you Asian girls out there.. what is it about Asian men that makes you not want to date them?
For you guys, what do you think is it that makes Asian girls want to avoid dating Asian men?
Or is this article just flat-out wrong?

RyuNoKami
Posts: 84
Joined: Sep 18th, '05, 00:34
Location: at home

Post by RyuNoKami » Sep 7th, '07, 03:27

the one thing that strikes out to be to be completely wrong in the article was that non-asian males do not believe in subservient women....

yes, generally equality beliefs are know to have sprang from Western cultures, but even then it is still a male-dominated society.

As for the whole equality thing, we all have to agree somehow that most if not all women, actually do wanted to be pampered.

User avatar
peng2
Posts: 26
Joined: Jun 29th, '07, 05:22

Post by peng2 » Sep 7th, '07, 03:30

I have generally avoided dating Asian guys because they tend not to be in my social circle or scene. The Asian guys at my uni hung out with mostly Asians in their culturally specific interest clubs and bubble tea shop. Those I did meet sometimes didn't really fit with my lifestyle choices, values, or my interests. They didn't go to the same bars or live shows I liked going to nor were they in the same classes as me (being a fine arts major) so there was never much opportunity for me to cross paths with them.

I'm not against dating an Asian guy, but we gotta have SOMETHING in common.

Also, I'm not big on approaching guys, so having a slew of white friends probably detracted a bunch of Asian guys from approaching me? I dunno... :glare:

nophankh
Posts: 222
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 08:11
Location: PA, US

Re: Why Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men

Post by nophankh » Sep 7th, '07, 03:57

AzHisoka wrote:So, I was reading this article on why Asian women don't date Asian men, and found it pretty amusing but WRONG, for those of you wondering why they don't.. read this girl's opinion.

So, as an Asian guy, I feel the need to get out of lurker-status and let out my anger.. I don't fulfill most of the stereotypes associated with asian guys.. I consider myself confident, somewhat **** at times (but not to the point of arrogance), and not quiet.. I'm pretty much the class clown, and am hardly the shy type.

Deep down inside, I know part of the article is right though.. Everywhere I go, I see a TON of Asian girls dating men of other ethnicites.. white, black, whatever..

So for all you Asian girls out there.. what is it about Asian men that makes you not want to date them?
For you guys, what do you think is it that makes Asian girls want to avoid dating Asian men?
Or is this article just flat-out wrong?
One thing, I do agree with the article is proximity because I live in rural US and there aren't a lot of Asian guys where I'm from. I find Asian guys very attractive and I have a preference for them. However, because good Asian guys are few to none, I won't exclude dating outside my race.

Asian guys are shy? Are you sure?. MANY asian guys that I know are ****, goofball, smart asses or silent like James Dean. The upcoming up Asians are very tall.
I don't know a lot of Asian guys that look like girls.

I think it's not only about Asian GIRLS marrying outside their races, it's the guys too.
This year was a big wedding year for my parents. In the past 2 months, there has been 8 weddings and none was LAO-LAO, but rather WHITE American- Lao. I think 5 lao ladies and 4 lao guys got married this year.

Yes, I'm lao from the country of Laos for the geographically ignorant.

Though I'm more physically attracted to my Asian guys, I can't relate to a lot of them.

User avatar
Annj
Posts: 45
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 04:03
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Post by Annj » Sep 7th, '07, 04:06

From my experiences I dont date asian guys because I am too tall for them (I'm 5'9 or 175 cm), not from the same country (a lot of koreans here only date other koreans), or don't act asian enough (i have no clue on this one but i was told this a few times). I think its both ways if the men weren't so picky maybe more asian women would date asian men.
Image
Watching: Room of King, Triangle, Love Shuffle, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Uta no Onii-san, Kiina & Q.E.D.

User avatar
yoda smgee
Posts: 35
Joined: Jun 10th, '06, 13:44
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by yoda smgee » Sep 7th, '07, 04:26

Overall it'll just come down to who you like. I'm half Lao and half Vietnamese and do favor the Asian ladies. Well...it's mostly the brunette thing.

As for the race thing. I've never tried dating a Lao girl before (too many relatives and don't know who I'm related to since we're spread all over =P) plus most of them are pretty ghetto around here.

noadetti
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 12th, '07, 12:23
Location: Southern Hemispehre

Post by noadetti » Sep 7th, '07, 11:37

The assumptions surrounding asian men is that they view women more as property, have too small a penis, and generally have a more soft small body (as opposed to large and masculine).
This girl obviously doesn't know what she's talking about, or she's been living under a big, large rock (which she is somehow deluded to think is comfy).

Different parts of Asia also have different perceptions about cross cultural marriages. I think the Taiwanese and Japanese are generally more lax about it. The Cantonese and Korean cultures seem to be more inward looking. As for greater parts of South East Asia, such as Vietnam, Phillipines, Thailand and whatnot, cross cultural marriages (particularly with white people) seems to be much more accepted.

The chauvinistic nature of patriarchy in Asian societies is really an open secret. Just look at Asian dramas. Women who are intellectually and physically weak are portrayed to have a higher chance of success of 'happiness'. In other words, most heroines of these shows are usually crippled (and badly crippled) in one aspect or another. They are clearly shown to be inferior to the male counterparts, but luckily, the hero is all too willing to save them.

But much the same is portrayed in Western media to a large extent, so this is probably a lesser issue. I would think, however, from Asian media, Asian girls are strongly encouraged to marry within their own race.
So, with this in mind, black men tend to be considered exotic to many asian women. Asian women, appear as an ideal to most men.
Another comment which clearly shows this girl knows nothing about what she is talking about. Unfortunately, there is a huge stigma from many Asian countries towards dark skinned cultures. In some Asian cultures, this may stem from the fact that people with dark skinned are perceived to be lower class (particulary true for Indians and Chinese, thus the whole obsession with face-whitening products). Within a culture obsessed where ascending to a higher social status is a major goal of many individuals, this obviously does not bode well for such interracial relationships.

To be honest, the main problem with this girl's argument is that even though she is trying to emphasise that individuality is important, she's trying to argue out her point by explaining how cultural stereotypes shape the individual. In other words, the main reason why she isn't able to find her 'soul-mate' is because even though she seems to think her views are fair and balanced, she has all these inner prejducies which are stopping her from pursuing these relationships to a satisfying culmination.

From my experience, the best relationships (platonic or romantic) are the ones which just happen and you don't really put that much thought into WHAT that person is racially and culturally, as compared to WHO that person is as a whole. Generally, girls (or boys) who go around with the sole purpose of trying to find romantic relationships fail miserably on the long term. When you meet someone and befriend someone with that mindset, you come to 'realise' a very false perception about them. While people generally do have romantic/sexual feelings all the time, letting these instincts overrule common sense is an absolutely idiotic way to live your life.

Feminine features? Pfft. Is she trying to suggest that all Asian men look the same?

To cut a long and tl;dr rant short, the whole Asian, non-Asian thing is a whole lot of crap. It only matters if you think it does.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 7th, '07, 11:53

i've always wondered (in ny) why more asian men don't date non asian women. unless you are looking to stay exclusive race wise, there are a lot more NON asian men, than asiian men. so once you decide to not be exlucisve to asian guys, it makes sense a lot of asian women have non asian partners. the men don't as much though, which makes it look so strange. i guess the quesion to the asian guys (at least in my area is) what's wrong with non asian girls?

in a country like japan where if you are a non japanese, and you get girls, its pretty simple to me why. you are different. and the assumption is, different in a BETTER way. so your intial ability to get women, is easier. its like that in most countries, foreigners get attention, its a hook to meet girls, the easier you meet, the easier you get them.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 7th, '07, 12:17

Many Americanized Asian guys have told me that most Asian American guys believe that non-Asian women are even less interested in them than Asian women and they therefore not even try. Asian culture also teaches you never to lose face and many seem to interpret getting rejected by a woman as such.

I think the disparity would exist to a far smaller degree if they had more confidence in themselves. I think Asian men are great, personally, certainly not any worse than men of other ethnicities. I've never had problems of maltreatment with Asian guys - all of my ex-boyfriends treated me very well, helped me, treated me as an equal etc. Though I think that has more to do with the fact that the ones that do have a old-fashioned mindsets wouldn't date me rather than patriarchy not existing in Asian culture.

When I see Asian guys complaining on the internet about how they can't get girls, I can only tell them to put themselves out, to work out to get a nicer body and get more attractive, to maybe get a haircut, and all in all just try harder. I don't think the majority of women, Asian or not, would flat-out reject them just for their race.

Edit: another thing that's strange: that girl on the right (who I guess is the author) looks pretty fake. First of all, Vicky Zhao is an actress's name; second of all, she claims she is half-Japanese yet has a Chinese name? Sure, it's possible if the other parent was Chinese, but it seems extremely weird to only mention the Japanese half then.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Sep 7th, '07, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Meili1978
Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 8th, '06, 14:06
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Post by Meili1978 » Sep 7th, '07, 12:37

Annj wrote:From my experiences I dont date asian guys because I am too tall for them (I'm 5'9 or 175 cm), not from the same country (a lot of koreans here only date other koreans), or don't act asian enough (i have no clue on this one but i was told this a few times). I think its both ways if the men weren't so picky maybe more asian women would date asian men.
I have the same issue. Sorry to say. Most Asian Men are shorter I'm 5'7" about 170cm.
There are some Asian Men that are taller but not much. I'm married to a German and Russian Mix. He is about 182CM. My brother in law really want to date oriental girls but the find it difficult to actually approach one because most oriental girls only hang out with their own crowd.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Feb 3rd, '04, 19:53
Location: missin' hawaii

Post by jholic » Sep 8th, '07, 05:38

ha, this may be one of the very few threads i participate in in this section....


being an out-of-shape old geezer and having migrated about 10000 miles to the east coast, i see this issue from different perspectives. it is interesting to hear what the ladies in this thread have to say, though.
peng2 wrote:Also, I'm not big on approaching guys, so having a slew of white friends probably detracted a bunch of Asian guys from approaching me? I dunno...
this can be true. if you see a lady w/ a lot of jewelry, you tend to think 'high-maintenance'. you see a guy wearing a very expensive watch, you may think rich? ****? arrogant? asian guys see an asian girl surrounded by white guys, and we may get the idea that's the surrounding you feel comfortable in. however, i'm from hawaii, where the majority IS asian. if i see an asian chick w/ a bunch of white guys in hawaii vs one here in the east coast, i see it in a different context.
nophankh wrote:Asian guys are shy? Are you sure?. MANY asian guys that I know are ****, goofball, smart asses or silent like James Dean.
i notice that the asian guys i meet here are very different in personalities than the ones back in hawaii. (not to say hawaii doesn't have a mix of personalities as well.)
but i agree with your first statement about not having many choices in the first place. if you're from mongolia and you live in nebraska, i think your choices would be slim.

i think as others have said, it's not so much the race/ethnicity, but a lot of other factors that affect the dating choice. i don't think i've ever met any female that has flat out said they don't date asian men. (it's usually, 'i don't want to date YOU.') but i have met a few women that have said they prefer to date white men or asian men.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Bababooey
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 17th, '07, 16:50

Post by Bababooey » Sep 17th, '07, 18:57

nikochanr3 wrote:i've always wondered (in ny) why more asian men don't date non asian women. unless you are looking to stay exclusive race wise, there are a lot more NON asian men, than asiian men. so once you decide to not be exlucisve to asian guys, it makes sense a lot of asian women have non asian partners. the men don't as much though, which makes it look so strange. i guess the quesion to the asian guys (at least in my area is) what's wrong with non asian girls?
Nothing. I'm sure an asian guy would be willing to date an average looking white girl but somewhere in the back of his head he's probably thinking he could just date an asian if that is the case and still remain in his comfort zone. It's not like they're in short supply here. If the white girl is good looking then he becomes intimidated. Hence that is basically why you never see asian guys with white women, in New York anyway. I'm sure if asians lived in areas where the asian population were low then they'd be forced to date outside of their race.

User avatar
Simple_Insecurities
Posts: 63
Joined: Aug 29th, '06, 21:07
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Simple_Insecurities » Sep 18th, '07, 01:29

mmm I think this depends on more where and how the girl grew up...
if a girl grew up in a very white oriented neighborhood then she grows accustomed to their culture/needs/lifestyle.. so they, in fact, would have more in common with a white guy than an asian guy.. I guess I got lucky.. yes, when we moved, where i live was a very white dominate suburban town... but now the asian community around here has grown tremendously.. and well.. I don't live far from Chicago anyways >.<

either way.. when the girl said
he assumptions surrounding asian men is that they view women more as property
I wanted to jump through the monitor and scream :cussing:
um.. HELLO have you even HEARD of the YELLOW FEVER?
MOST guys that are outside of the Asian race and REALLLY is out there looking for an Asian girl... are in the mindset of how asian girls are more submissive.. they'll listen to everything you say.. they'll be the "perfect wife".. etc..
do you even know how many asian loving... pervs there are out there?
[I don't say this to offend anyone..and sorry if i do :salut: .. because i KNOW there are some people that truly just appreciate the asian culture.. and/or just grew up around it.. so please don't get offended]

I personally think that all races have their good and their bads..
each and every guy is different regardless of their race..
but mostly date ONLY asian guys.. and I'm quite picky too >.<..
but for me.. I do it because of the cultural difference..
It's hard to get someone to understand all the little tiny things about my culture that they may find weird..
Specially when I come from an I guess you can say traditional Chinese family..
I'm a VERY superstitious person.

User avatar
ailesdeciel
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 6th, '07, 01:18
Location: California

Post by ailesdeciel » Sep 18th, '07, 01:43

I personally can't stand the ethnocentrism many Asians display. I grew up being told that I should just date Asian guys, just be friends with Asians... why? It makes no sense to me. So even if I go clubbing with Asians, I never find myself attracted to them. What subjects comes up a lot? Fast cars. School. Money. Boring. I don't listen to the same music as a lot of other Asians, I don't dress like them, I don't wear make up the same way, I don't watch the same movies, I don't have the same cares in life as them. People say I'm white washed but that's fine. I'm doing what I like, rather than what my ethnic group likes.

If I ever meet an Asian guy that isn't just another slave to stereotypes, I'd be happy to befriend him and maybe date him if there's chemistry. Unfortunately I'm 22 and haven't met anyone like that yet.

taiwanesebrothaz
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug 13th, '05, 15:16

Post by taiwanesebrothaz » Sep 25th, '07, 00:15

sorry to say.

i dont know what kind of asians you guys are hanging out with or dated.

but one thing i know is YOU're BEFRIENDING and DATING the bad ones.

im pretty sure theres a lot of decent asians out there worth any asian girls time. im a guy, and i kno quite a few asian guy friends with good traits, who have many girlfriends.

maybe ur white washed and preferred white people.

maybe you're hanging with the nerdy asians.

or maybe you're hanging with the skinny immature asians.

but you sure are stereotyping asians guys being unattractive.

maybe most of us have avg manhoods, but i kno not everyone has small ones. matter of fact many of my cousins have 7in+ manhood. so your stereotype of asian men with small things? completely false. maybe the whole majority averages to 5 inches and alot of them are 5inchs. but there are a fair share of people over 6inch.

most asian guys talk about cars money and w/e? maybe you're hanging too much with the wannabe gangsters. theres plenty of guys out there who isn't like that, and they actually talk about intellectual stuff and are fun to hang with.

most asians are short? again the majority of asians are, but i've seen many over 5'9, many as in alot.

most asian guys want you guys to obey them? we love it if you do, would you like it if we dont listen to you?

most asian guys want you to do house chores and slave around in the house?? i mean it would be really nice and sexy of you to do some chores around the house. who likes lazy chicks?

so my point is dont generalize the whole asian guy population cuz jus a few people has that kind of trait.

not every asian is skinny (we work out too you know to look better)
not every asian is short (plenty of tall asians, but plenty more short ones)
not every asian guys thing is small (im pretty sure black and white people have a good amount of people with short things too, you think they all big? ur dead wrong)
not every asian guy is cheap
not every asian guy talks about money and cars (we like to joke around too and have fun too you know)
not every asian guy is immature (it really depends on who, i kno 16 yr olds more mature than some 30+ year olds, age isn't a big factor of maturity to me, its how the person is)

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 26th, '07, 06:20

I've noticed that the asian women who date outside of their race are usually not the kind that asian men typically consider attractive and often times, this is the reason why they date outside of their race, better chances.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 26th, '07, 13:56

|ZERO| wrote:I've noticed that the asian women who date outside of their race are usually not the kind that asian men typically consider attractive and often times, this is the reason why they date outside of their race, better chances.
the stupidity of what you said is amazing...
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » Sep 26th, '07, 14:28

Woo-boy - have you got a lot to learn about real life! You're probably going to get some SERIOUS flack from your comment, and rightly so, but I'm going to be very nice. I'm a non-Asian female married to an Asian male - and we neither of us ever suffered from a lack of dates from similar "raced" individuals. Dating "outside your race" has nothing to do with "bettering your chances," you fool, and everything to do with the magic of attraction. When it's there, it's there...and race has nothing to do with it... My husband just happens to be one of the finest individuals I know - incredibly smart, extremely considerate and very handsome to boot - bless him! (I've greatly restrained myself, but consider yourself told off!)

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 26th, '07, 16:26

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. Do you want everybody in the world to have the same opinions as yourself?

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 26th, '07, 18:30

|ZERO| wrote:Well you have your opinion and I have mine. Do you want everybody in the world to have the same opinions as yourself?
opinions which are stupid and generally insulting should be kept to yourself. having an opinion which is blatantly wrong is not ok just because its your opinion. its something thats said often on the internet, but its blatantly untrue. (People make the most ridiculous claims and hide behind opinion)
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 26th, '07, 20:46

nikochanr3 wrote: opinions which are stupid and generally insulting should be kept to yourself. having an opinion which is blatantly wrong is not ok just because its your opinion. its something thats said often on the internet, but its blatantly untrue. (People make the most ridiculous claims and hide behind opinion)
My opinion is right to me. I am just stating what I have seen. If you don't like that then oh well.

jaydenmel13
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 23:56

Post by jaydenmel13 » Sep 26th, '07, 21:00

I think that everybody has entitle to their opinions. I'm an Asian Women and I would consider any type of ethnic males because we are in a modern time. I don't think that Asian women date outside their race because of more chance but to maybe sort of test what type are best for them. To be honest, I am absolutely seen Asian male with women other than their own race so I don't know why people think that only Asian women date outside their race more than male. I think it's half - half.

sakr0
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 28th, '06, 16:24
Contact:

Post by sakr0 » Sep 26th, '07, 21:28

Even though we may all have our own preferences, I think that in general we just like who we like. I'm Asian/Pacific-Islander and it's not like I just go around hunting for only an Asian guy or only a non-Asian guy. I like whoever I like and race has nothing to do with it. Who are we to say and judge why someone of one race is with someone of another? Gee, I dunno . . . maybe he/she just likes her/him the old fashion way and nothing more? :whistling:

Pssh, like I'd actually take any advice from that girl's website about love :glare:

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 26th, '07, 22:16

sakr0 wrote:Even though we may all have our own preferences, I think that in general we just like who we like. I'm Asian/Pacific-Islander and it's not like I just go around hunting for only an Asian guy or only a non-Asian guy. I like whoever I like and race has nothing to do with it. Who are we to say and judge why someone of one race is with someone of another? Gee, I dunno . . . maybe he/she just likes her/him the old fashion way and nothing more? :whistling:

Pssh, like I'd actually take any advice from that girl's website about love :glare:
Sure we like whoever we like but the problem sometimes is that we like the people who are not attracted to us. After awhile we have little choice but to learn to like the people who we think will like us back, regardless of race.

dkieun
Posts: 6
Joined: Sep 26th, '07, 22:32
Location: Atlanta,GA, USA

Post by dkieun » Sep 26th, '07, 22:38

i really like this post. it get a lot of people attention. i also like a lot of people commet. looking at the commet i can learn a few thing or so.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Sep 26th, '07, 22:41

Trust on every race/ethnicity thread having some ethnocentrist barge in spewing stereotypes and people getting upset. :lol
My blog about my life in Korea:

www.neavanille.com

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Sep 26th, '07, 23:05

Seriously I dont like this topic but im going to say something.
"Why Asian Women Dont Date Asian Men?" its like asking why black and white not dating their own race.
We're all people here, nobody is dating who based on their race. If you were to date anybody it would be because you're attracted to them not by their race.
From my point of view, because we live in America maybe for some of you, where there is all kinds of multicultural ppl, every single person would be attracted to anybody, not by their race but i mean ANYBODY!!
So just leave it as that. Let it be, its 2007 near 2008. GET OVER IT. [Sorry if this post is a lil rude]

pongalong
Posts: 19
Joined: Jun 22nd, '07, 06:38

Post by pongalong » Sep 27th, '07, 00:23

personally, i prefer asian men, mostly because i'm first generation in America and my culture has a huge influence on me. but i know a lot of my asian friends prefer white guys because they themselves are white-washed and being in such a diverse country kind of eradicates the culture barrier... (?) at least that's what my friend said...

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 27th, '07, 01:47

It totally depends on the person. The title of this topic makes it seem as if the creator thinks all asian women dont date asian men but if that were the case they wouldnt be so many asians in the world cause they wouldnt keep having babies with each other!
Sorry that was a little silly
It is completely dependent on the person. The asian women who have non-asian boyfriends have them because they happen t like that person not because they are not asian. There are plenty of non asian and half asian couple out there and im not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Sep 27th, '07, 02:25

Néa Vanille wrote:Trust on every race/ethnicity thread having some ethnocentrist barge in spewing stereotypes and people getting upset. :lol
I actually dig females from other planets more than those on Earth.

--- groink

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 27th, '07, 05:05

pongalong wrote:personally, i prefer asian men, mostly because i'm first generation in America and my culture has a huge influence on me. but i know a lot of my asian friends prefer white guys because they themselves are white-washed and being in such a diverse country kind of eradicates the culture barrier... (?) at least that's what my friend said...
My opinion is similar to yours. I've also found that white-washed asians look different and can be picked out. Maybe it has more to do with their style. Who knows.

User avatar
Firehawk
Posts: 23
Joined: Sep 9th, '07, 05:27
Location: Washington

Post by Firehawk » Sep 27th, '07, 05:14

I find this thread really ironic. I personally have a thing for Asian girls, and it has been to my great distress that most Asian girls I meet seem to be interested almost exclusively in Asian boys. Quite the opposite of the stereotype :(
Image

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 27th, '07, 05:42

Firehawk wrote:I find this thread really ironic. I personally have a thing for Asian girls, and it has been to my great distress that most Asian girls I meet seem to be interested almost exclusively in Asian boys. Quite the opposite of the stereotype :(
It's probably because you grew up watching a lot of anime, Asian movies and dramas and have acquired a taste for non-westernized looking Asian girls. Unfortunately however, just as in the dramas, they only want Asian boys.

User avatar
pn0yb0i
Posts: 272
Joined: May 27th, '07, 15:55
Location: USA, Southern California, Los Angeles

Post by pn0yb0i » Sep 27th, '07, 05:42

Firehawk wrote:I find this thread really ironic. I personally have a thing for Asian girls, and it has been to my great distress that most Asian girls I meet seem to be interested almost exclusively in Asian boys. Quite the opposite of the stereotype :(
I live in Los Angeles, I find it the same here. Only Asian girls (that i know) who are dating 'others' are usually flip-flop, americain eagle clothed Caucasians :unsure:
|ZERO| wrote:
It's probably because you grew up watching a lot of anime, Asian movies and dramas and have acquired a taste for non-westernized looking Asian girls. Unfortunately however, just as in the dramas, they only want Asian boys.
I grew out of my Anime-niac stage (I cant believe how naive i was back then). Some of my friends are still into it "otaku"-status, not even knowing almost nothing about Japan at all. As for me, I'm more focused on Japanese culture and find it more interesting. Dramas can reflect some of that in my opinion. I'm even taking advanced Japanese classes in college. I'm envious of them and their culture - then again I haven't seen all the "bads" their society has to offer. If i were to be reborn, nippon ftw! :P

I sure am missing out... LF > GF :D some1 needs to confiscate my keyboard :salut:

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 27th, '07, 07:50

pn0yb0i wrote:
I grew out of my Anime-niac stage (I cant believe how naive i was back then). Some of my friends are still into it "otaku"-status, not even knowing almost nothing about Japan at all. As for me, I'm more focused on Japanese culture and find it more interesting. Dramas can reflect some of that in my opinion. I'm even taking advanced Japanese classes in college. I'm envious of them and their culture - then again I haven't seen all the "bads" their society has to offer. If i were to be reborn, nippon ftw! :P

I sure am missing out... LF > GF :D some1 needs to confiscate my keyboard :salut:
its funny I was discussing th whole if you were born again with some colleagues today and I would deffinatly not want to be born a Japanese person. As a foreigner coming into their lifestyle I find it rather demanding but thats no where near as demanding as the japanese lifestyle is on the Japanese people themselves. As much as I love it and love the culture and dream about being fluent at Japanese im glad I am not Japanese. Especially being a girl, I know Japan is slowly changing with the times but there is still a great segregation between the sexes.
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 27th, '07, 12:15

|ZERO| wrote:
Firehawk wrote:I find this thread really ironic. I personally have a thing for Asian girls, and it has been to my great distress that most Asian girls I meet seem to be interested almost exclusively in Asian boys. Quite the opposite of the stereotype :(
It's probably because you grew up watching a lot of anime, Asian movies and dramas and have acquired a taste for non-westernized looking Asian girls. Unfortunately however, just as in the dramas, they only want Asian boys.
i live in ny and there is NO difference in the looks of the girls who date outside their race. your argument is ridiculous. please post a picture of the difference, i would be curious to see if you can back up your baiting statements.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

ILoveTenTen
Posts: 8
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 03:48

Post by ILoveTenTen » Sep 27th, '07, 13:24

I'm leaning on the fact that humans are hardwired genetically and culture/experiences either deter or confirm our human tendency. A woman is always gonna want an alpha male unless culturally you've been blugently beaten by the "norms." I'm not saying culture is bad but we are human first and later ethnicity/gender/religion/class/etc. You can look at it this way ( a rather pathetic example but ) .. you can domesticated a tiger for generations and generations ... that doesn't mean it wont possible kill you someone day or place it near a gazelle and it will still instinctively mangle it to death.

Many might not agree with a genetic standpoint. Then again i believe we are more inclined to be more psychology motivated than we are culturally motivated. A very small argument can be made with an Oedipus Rex complex. One can say X ethnicity male dates X ethnicity female, thus the guy searches for a girl like his mother.

(Derailing myself for a sec) Now if that mother did all the cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc etc .. i find it pretty far fetched that this guy will want 50/50 .. it would have to take some sort of epiphany for do a little cleaning etc .. some other woman .. ie an ex has to train him like a pet dog .. no bad boy *whacks him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

BLah blah blah what does all i just ramble about amount to? Fresh impressionable males usually fall pray culturally and since they are suppose to be the seekers/hunters; are more effected by norms. Women on the other hand rarely fall prey to the Electra complex and are the ones being hunted. Attraction and the urge to mate are biological and instinctive they do not originate from culture or religion.

Oh I'd like to throw in that generally women mature allot faster than guys and thus able to think outside the box. .. think this last line should have been all i needed to type.

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 27th, '07, 17:13

nikochanr3 wrote: i live in ny and there is NO difference in the looks of the girls who date outside their race. your argument is ridiculous.
By your own admittance, you are incapable of seeing any difference and all Asian girls look the same so there is no point in showing you anything no matter how obvious. Do you always lash out at others when you don't understand things?

I have no interest in anykind of argument or debate whatsoever. If that's your thing then perhaps you should go find other guys who are upset about Asian girl not dating outside their culture and debate with them.
Last edited by |ZERO| on Sep 27th, '07, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

ILoveTenTen
Posts: 8
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 03:48

Post by ILoveTenTen » Sep 27th, '07, 18:32

He said he couldn't differentiate the difference between Asian women? ... Where? .. you know what they say about those who assume? I interpreted the quote as there being a universal balance between good looking and none good looking who date in and outside of their race. And to say only the none good looking Asian girls date outside their race is a pretty ignorant statement all its own.

And furthermore, everyone is beautiful there is no such thing as an ugly person. Even those with disfigurement are beautiful .. to negatively perceive someone due to something that they have no control of is wrong.

"No difference" does not mean something negative, or lack off something. It can also mean equality and equality is a good/great thing. Now if you misunderstood his statement and this topic due to a language barrier then i can understand and forgive you.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 27th, '07, 18:33

|ZERO| wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote: i live in ny and there is NO difference in the looks of the girls who date outside their race. your argument is ridiculous.
By your own admittance, you are incapable of seeing any difference and all Asian girls look the same so there is no point in showing you anything no matter how obvious. Do you always lash out at others when you don't understand things?

I have no interest in anykind of argument or debate whatsoever. If that's your thing then perhaps you should go find other guys who are upset about Asian girl not dating outside their culture and debate with them.
you are an idiot, i didnt say all asian girls look the same. i dont want a debate, but stupid is stupid and calling people whitewashed asians, saying asians only date outside because they cant do any better, and people who cant get asian girls arent getting the right looking ones (the ones who have that non dating outside their race look) is just stupid. and yes, its not nice to call people stupid, but you have made perpetually stupid statements up and down the thread, so im comfortable.

where is groink or antok when you need them.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 27th, '07, 22:21

ILoveTenTen wrote:He said he couldn't differentiate the difference between Asian women? ... Where? ..
He said that he saw no difference. Scroll up and look.
ILoveTenTen wrote: And to say only the none good looking Asian girls date outside their race is a pretty ignorant statement all its own.
I said no such thing. I never mentioned anything about being good looking or not. If you're a girl and you have a boyfriend then that means someone finds you attractive.
ILoveTenTen wrote: And furthermore, everyone is beautiful there is no such thing as an ugly person. Even those with disfigurement are beautiful .. to negatively perceive someone due to something that they have no control of is wrong.
By your definition, everyone is beautiful by default so both the words beauty and ugly are irrelavant and meaningless.

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 27th, '07, 22:29

nikochanr3 wrote: you are an idiot, i didnt say all asian girls look the same. i dont want a debate, but stupid is stupid and calling people whitewashed asians, saying asians only date outside because they cant do any better, and people who cant get asian girls arent getting the right looking ones (the ones who have that non dating outside their race look) is just stupid. and yes, its not nice to call people stupid, but you have made perpetually stupid statements up and down the thread, so im comfortable.
I never used the word "only" for anything. I used the word; typically, usually and sometimes.

I say things the way I see it. You don't like that? I don't give ****.

User avatar
pn0yb0i
Posts: 272
Joined: May 27th, '07, 15:55
Location: USA, Southern California, Los Angeles

Post by pn0yb0i » Sep 27th, '07, 22:32

From a male stand point im not so worried. Trains are segregated sexually because of the sharp turns they take and Men leaning on females isn't a good thing.

If anything, maybe Japanese youth is more than enough for me.

:P

ILoveTenTen
Posts: 8
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 03:48

Post by ILoveTenTen » Sep 27th, '07, 23:02

|ZERO| wrote:I've noticed that the asian women who date outside of their race are usually not the kind that asian men typically consider attractive and often times, this is the reason why they date outside of their race, better chances.
??? Did i miss understand something here? Or do i lack reading comprehension of some sort?

speaking of reading comprehension .. how does
nikochanr3 wrote:i live in ny and there is NO difference in the looks of the girls who date outside their race. your argument is ridiculous.
equate to
|ZERO| wrote:By your own admittance, you are incapable of seeing any difference and all Asian girls look the same so there is no point in showing you anything no matter how obvious. Do you always lash out at others when you don't understand things?
and forgive me for going off topic but by what logic does beauty become irrelevant? The same logic that looks doesn't does not matter concludes that Nikochanr3 is "incaplable of seeing any differences and all Asians Girls look the same"?

Anyways back on to the original topic. I propose a comment as to why Asian women date outside they're race. Probably due to the fact that Western men find Asian women attractive and actively approach them. Women themselves are more open minded and tolerant and thus accept advances by other races. I rarely hear about Western women actively approaching Asian men, ie going out of there way to snag herself a random Asian boyfriend. While guys will actively approach any and every women regardless of ethnicity.

User avatar
munkymp3
Posts: 11
Joined: May 30th, '06, 23:15

Post by munkymp3 » Sep 28th, '07, 01:32

I don't know, I date men of all ethnicities and race.
And everybody is beautiful! I agree with ILoveTenTen (I Love Ten Ten too).
I really like Asian guys and my city is super Asian-dominated.
It's just hard finding a decent Asian guy who's single and doesn't judge a girl by her looks or how fast she can calculate a 50-step word problem.
Because, so far, that's how 80% of the guys here are like.
They're always...
a) disrespectful to girls. Even girls they don't even know.
b) acting REALLY arrogant and making themselves look stupid.
c) putting down a girl who's a senior who hasn't already taken Statistics.
I know there's more but everybody's listed them already.
So yeah ...


:unsure: :glare:
AVATAR: Hye Mi @ Dream High; created by karbeyaz @ LiveJournal.com

ILoveTenTen
Posts: 8
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 03:48

Post by ILoveTenTen » Sep 28th, '07, 02:44

Maybe your just to "white washed" to get an asian guy ... wait is sarcasm something that needs to be stated before hand? :roll

:wub: :wub: :wub: I love ten ten tooooo shes like the cutie of the whole gang .. you know cute confident and she tries really hard all the time how can anyone not love her :wub: :wub: :wub:

User avatar
shitsuren
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 23rd, '07, 09:06
Location: guess?

Re: Why Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men

Post by shitsuren » Sep 28th, '07, 02:52

AzHisoka wrote:So, I was reading this article on why Asian women don't date Asian men, and found it pretty amusing but WRONG, for those of you wondering why they don't.. read this girl's opinion.

So, as an Asian guy, I feel the need to get out of lurker-status and let out my anger.. I don't fulfill most of the stereotypes associated with asian guys.. I consider myself confident, somewhat **** at times (but not to the point of arrogance), and not quiet.. I'm pretty much the class clown, and am hardly the shy type.

Deep down inside, I know part of the article is right though.. Everywhere I go, I see a TON of Asian girls dating men of other ethnicites.. white, black, whatever..

So for all you Asian girls out there.. what is it about Asian men that makes you not want to date them?
For you guys, what do you think is it that makes Asian girls want to avoid dating Asian men?
Or is this article just flat-out wrong?
If it's any consolation, I only date Asian men. ^_~

User avatar
applebear
Posts: 51
Joined: Oct 16th, '06, 17:31
Location: Florida

Post by applebear » Sep 28th, '07, 03:17

It's an eHarmony article... :crazy: Can you really take it seriously?
groink wrote: I actually dig females from other planets more than those on Earth.

--- groink
I heart groink

User avatar
KAAdonkaDUNK
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 14th, '06, 03:03

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Sep 28th, '07, 03:42

Hmm Interesting. I wanted to read all the post to get a feel on where this topic is going, BUT dont have time to read it all so i just skim through a few and now i think i'm gonna put my 2 cents in.

So me, I'm half asian. Growing up in the part of southern california that i grew up and still growing in I was exposed to ALOT of differnt races. So i observed people alot since i was little. And altough i have a mom who says she doesnt like dating asian men because they have tempers and a close friend who says she doesnt date asian men because she doesn't wanna have to deal with their strict mothers. I think this is all just coincedential. "Why asian women dont like asian men?" I dont think it's exactly like that...I think there's just people individually who dont like a certain qualities in a guy and they just happen to see some asian guys who have this quality and automatically decide this must mean they dont like asian guys. But WAIT...someone cant say that unless they've meet them all right? I bet if you take an asian women who claims she doesnt date asian men and put her in a spot where there's only asian men. Chances are she'll find someone she likes. thus contradicting the claim she made of not liking asian men.
BUT what can i say, When it comes to me race doesnt matter. My dating vision is COLORBLIND. As long as a guy grabs my interest then heeeeey i'll date ya nomatter if you're white, black, brown, yellow, red, purple, blue, pink, GRAY...Well wait there, when somebody skin color is gray it can sometimes mean they're dead...But whatever you know what i mean.
Image

User avatar
yourgirlmikkey
Posts: 23
Joined: Apr 30th, '07, 05:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Post by yourgirlmikkey » Sep 28th, '07, 03:52

I wanted to put some of my thoughts about this topic. I grew up traditionally, Vietnamese, and also in a tight environment. My parent's friends and their friends, and so on always hung out together, at one time, we lived in the same neighborhood. These families had the sense of...I guess one could say, comfort with Vietnamese people. I grew up in Southern Cali where there is an abundant population of Asians, and Asian cultures are welcomed. So, this environment caused my parents to be limited in their realm of society. They preferred to speak Vietnamese, go to Vietnamese doctors, attend mass in Vietnamese, etc. Naturally, it just so happens that my parents want me to marry a guy who speaks Vietnamese. Not to specific on his nationality, but if he can speak Viet, they're happy.

I don't date Vietnamese guys because they're not attracted to me. I'm too outspoken. I work too hard or too much. I love to shop, bags, shoes. I like to cook. I love all kinds of music, foreign or whatever. I'm religious. I'm traditional. I think my qualities are good. But apparently Vietnamese guys don't like me. The really great friends I have are all guys. Some are very decent, marrying worthy and Vietnamese, those guys are on their paths to being priests. So, no luck for me there. But yeah...I don't see a problem dating Asian guys, or whatever ethnicity. What's most important to two people is : Happiness, Trust, Confidence, and Compatability or Love. Some people don't marry for love, but will grow to love. So it's not always about love.

So, I have been courting my boyfriend now for four...five years. He's Filipino, light-skinned, pretty built body, and all the other qualities worth marrying for. I'm happy. And I hope to grow old with him.
*In training!

Image *Credit to Iindaxo for a lovely banner*

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 28th, '07, 06:28

@ yourgirlmikkey

I'm a bit confused. None of the reasons you listed explain why Vietnamese men aren't attracted to you. Do Vietnamese men have something against hard working women who are traditional and like to cook for them too? I don't get it.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 28th, '07, 19:59

|ZERO| wrote:@ yourgirlmikkey

I'm a bit confused. None of the reasons you listed explain why Vietnamese men aren't attracted to you. Do Vietnamese men have something against hard working women who are traditional and like to cook for them too? I don't get it.
maybe she has those looks that vietnamese men dont like. :whistling:
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Sep 28th, '07, 21:09

applebear wrote:It's an eHarmony article... :crazy: Can you really take it seriously?
groink wrote: I actually dig females from other planets more than those on Earth.

--- groink
I heart groink
Here are my reasons:

1. They all seem to dress in the same uniform. That's important for me - as I believe all members of a colony must look as if they're working as a team. Individuality will just piss off the other members, where they'll shove you into a portal and then send it to some abandoned moon with freezing temperatures of minus-1834729030 degrees.

2. They come in different colors. Green is an appetizing color. I also like anime, and I dig pink hair. Bald women - that would be a turn-off, as it would just remind me of Sinead O'Connor.

3. They can really moonwalk.

4. They appear to always be by themselves.... The males counterparts tend to be away on business, exploring other galaxies and conquering planets and such. And they seem to always want to impregnate the females they kidnap, so they're not monogamous in any way. I don't think the women dig that sort of thing. I'm a sensitive guy, so I think that will speak volumes to these lonely souls.

--- groink

User avatar
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 596
Joined: Oct 18th, '04, 02:37
Location: 99% sure, Studying.

Post by techie » Sep 28th, '07, 21:25

I completely agree with Groink.

Reason 5 would have to be...

"I find it hard to be jealous of a bunch of tentacles,
which they seem to enjoy alot in the cartoon depictions"

Maybe a result of their men always being away on business trips.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 28th, '07, 21:41

nikochanr3 wrote:
|ZERO| wrote:@ yourgirlmikkey

I'm a bit confused. None of the reasons you listed explain why Vietnamese men aren't attracted to you. Do Vietnamese men have something against hard working women who are traditional and like to cook for them too? I don't get it.
maybe she has those looks that vietnamese men dont like. :whistling:
That would make sense but I think it would be better for her to tell us the reason if she wants to.

User avatar
applebear
Posts: 51
Joined: Oct 16th, '06, 17:31
Location: Florida

Post by applebear » Sep 28th, '07, 21:56

@groink

See, that's the reason Earth girls don't date men from other planets. I mean, we can find perfectly fine megalomaniacs right here on Earth.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 30th, '07, 01:07

|ZERO| wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:
|ZERO| wrote:@ yourgirlmikkey

I'm a bit confused. None of the reasons you listed explain why Vietnamese men aren't attracted to you. Do Vietnamese men have something against hard working women who are traditional and like to cook for them too? I don't get it.
maybe she has those looks that vietnamese men dont like. :whistling:
That would make sense but I think it would be better for her to tell us the reason if she wants to.
:lol Sarcasm escapes you i see... :lol
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Sep 30th, '07, 01:25

nikochanr3 wrote: :lol Sarcasm escapes you i see... :lol
In order for a statement to be sarcastic is has to display the potential to be true and your statement is.

sveta
Posts: 151
Joined: Oct 8th, '06, 23:06
Location: Texas

Post by sveta » Sep 30th, '07, 01:36

I love asian guys :D if its any consolation, and i'm eastern european Jewish. Although, no one ever ever approaches me :(

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Sep 30th, '07, 01:44

sveta wrote:I love asian guys :D if its any consolation, and i'm eastern european Jewish. Although, no one ever ever approaches me :(
Im with you, not the eastern european Jewish part but to me asian guys are by far the most attractive! ^_^
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

sveta
Posts: 151
Joined: Oct 8th, '06, 23:06
Location: Texas

Post by sveta » Sep 30th, '07, 01:57

oh yeah :) they're soo kawaii

User avatar
munkymp3
Posts: 11
Joined: May 30th, '06, 23:15

Post by munkymp3 » Oct 1st, '07, 20:12

|ZERO| wrote:@ yourgirlmikkey

I'm a bit confused. None of the reasons you listed explain why Vietnamese men aren't attracted to you. Do Vietnamese men have something against hard working women who are traditional and like to cook for them too? I don't get it.
I'm also Viet so coming from this background, I can tell you that they like this kind of tradition but they're not very respectful about it.
It's because most Vietnamese guys also look at women as "property."
Don't get me wrong, Vietnamese guys are awesome.
Just not to date.
AVATAR: Hye Mi @ Dream High; created by karbeyaz @ LiveJournal.com

User avatar
munkymp3
Posts: 11
Joined: May 30th, '06, 23:15

Post by munkymp3 » Oct 1st, '07, 20:22

ILoveTenTen wrote:Maybe your just to "white washed" to get an asian guy ... wait is sarcasm something that needs to be stated before hand? :roll

:wub: :wub: :wub: I love ten ten tooooo shes like the cutie of the whole gang .. you know cute confident and she tries really hard all the time how can anyone not love her :wub: :wub: :wub:
Nah, there's no reason to be sarcastic.
I am quite white-washed.
My friends say some things I'm really Asian about but when it comes to true traditional Asian stuff or other Asian stuff, I'm totally white-washed.
I mean, I do date asian guys it's just that I'm really picky with who I choose in general.
I think that chickadee's article in the very first post is very true though.
Trust me, if you meet the guys where I live, you'd agree.
There are very few Asian guys worth being with.
But they're still there. You just have to really look.

And yeah, I love Ten ten. She's so pro. `Cause whenever I'm playing any ninja games, I love to choose someone who's small, stealthy, and speedy. She's got the whole package. I always choose her whenever my friends bring their Naruto game over to our house and I am teh pownage with her!


:lol: :wub:
AVATAR: Hye Mi @ Dream High; created by karbeyaz @ LiveJournal.com

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Oct 1st, '07, 22:51

I am only attracted to Asians and mostly the ones who are of the same culture and speak the same language as me. I have never found white, black, middle-eastern or Latino to attractive. So is there something wrong with me?

User avatar
Yorokobi
Posts: 1199
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 18:53
Location: New Zealand (well actually Japan right now! YAY!)

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 1st, '07, 23:45

|ZERO| wrote:I am only attracted to Asians and mostly the ones who are of the same culture and speak the same language as me. I have never found white, black, middle-eastern or Latino to attractive. So is there something wrong with me?
Why would that mean theres something wrong with you? It just the way your brain thinks and thats fine. Im kind of the opposite ^_^ I have never found people of the same race or language as me attractive and I am only attracted to asians so I guess its lucky im learning Japanese
Image
Image
http://lifcessbeakin.tripod.com/ Last translation - 1 pound article
Binbou Danshi - 1#6710

hamsup boy
Posts: 88
Joined: Jul 16th, '07, 18:48
Location: San Gabriel, CA. USA

Post by hamsup boy » Oct 2nd, '07, 06:42

We as Asian guys are really smart ass and bad ass with the attitude, we have class and better taste. the stylish people in the U.S. The reasons why some of the Asian girls are dating other ethnicities are because they are more romantic, that's not beatable from all Asian, they have no shame at all, and better sex life. But when it comes to pay the bills, Asian guys are always the first people to treat their girls. Other ethnicities are very stingy on that, they are cheapskate. True stories, I have seen it and heard it. I go out for acknowledgement. Experienced from the Asian and American community in the real world..
Last edited by hamsup boy on Oct 4th, '07, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Oct 2nd, '07, 06:59

hamsup boy wrote:We as Asian guys are really smart ass and bad ass with the attitude, we have class and better taste. the stylish people in the U.S. The reasons why some of the Asian girls are dating other ethnicities are because they are more romantic, that's not beatable from all Asian, and better sex life. But when it comes to pay the bills, Asian guys are always the first people to treat their girls. Other ethnicities are very stingy on that, they are cheapskate. True stories, I have seen it and heard it. I go out for acknowledgement. Experienced from the Asian and American community in the real world..
I thought I was going to have a crappy week until this. When I read this, I can't help but read it while imagining it being read by Steven Bauer pretending to be a macho latino dude from the 1970s era. If you've watched "Scarface", then you know what I mean. I guess if you feel you're an authoritative figure of the subject at hand, then by all means....

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 2nd, '07, 15:20

|ZERO| wrote:I am only attracted to Asians and mostly the ones who are of the same culture and speak the same language as me. I have never found white, black, middle-eastern or Latino to attractive. So is there something wrong with me?
Quite a bit I'd venture... :lol

Seriously, aside from Groink's posts, this has to be one of the single worst threads EVER in terms of just stupid comments and lack of any sort of value to humanity. :goggle:
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

ClockwiseStir
Posts: 43
Joined: Jan 8th, '07, 10:06

Post by ClockwiseStir » Oct 13th, '07, 03:31

I've read through the post, and I kinda of understand how the differences have come about... realised that most of you who post here live in the west... so basically you have grown up in mixed society where interracial marriages are accepted..

hence, all that have been said are a bit foreign to me... I live and grew up in Asia. malaysia actually where there is a fare bit of different races around but mostly under the catogary of 'Asian'. Everyone around me are traditional and open-minded in the same way, if you know what I mean.. hehe.. we were open with western ideas and making friends with white people... but we still relied on our culture as self-identity.

Its obvious (to me ONLY, not here to offense anyone!) that the environment and ideology a person was brought up around will have a great influence on who they will most likely to be attracted to.. so many here have said they date anyone from any race.

whereas for me, i find even to be close friends with a whilte guy is difficult. I am studying in a western country now. its hard to explain why.. one big thing is many of the whites in my uni like to drink and many of us asians don't. thats already one big party spilt because then we don't usually hang out at night.

on the surface, everyone is the same and its really lovely to mingle among the different races. the different ideologies people bring in spices up interactions. but when it comes down to choosing who you want to date, the subtle differences matter a lot. Personally, even if I like a white guy, he's traits may not be what i'm looking for in a partner -- if u get what i mean, there is this 'clash' in ideas surrounding the meaning of a relationship. some may say differences are good, and I agree, but when this differences are about major aspects holding a relationship together, then you'll start to think 'is all of this worth it..'

hehe.. im going round and round here..its hard to put in words.. so to cut things short, I am an Asian female who has nothing against dating white guys but at the moment, I am more inclined to be attracted to asian guys because for me, the reason to want to be in a relationship, is to be able to share your ups and downs with a person and the feeling that someone cares and understands. This won't work too well if we come from different cultures (but im not saying always). One of the things as an international student is the shared understanding of what it is like to be away from home. some of these things cannot be found when dating a local guy.. haha...

tks for reading.. and I think you can come to the conclusion for yourself that I think this topic doesn't make too much sense, although i have met a minority of asian girls who prefer to date whilte guys..

|ZERO|
Posts: 95
Joined: Jul 1st, '07, 01:40

Post by |ZERO| » Oct 13th, '07, 04:34

@ ClockwiseStir

I am also an Asian girl studying abroad so I can understand where you are coming from since I am in a similar situation as yourself. I am only attracted to Asian guys and do not concern myself with who other people date. I think people can do whatever makes them happy.

Another reason why it is important for me to date an Asian guy is because I am not into casual dating and I would only date a guy if I think it might potentially lead to having afuture with him. You can such things couldn't be known until you get to know the other person but then I could say that there are things that are no compatible from the start.

Like you, I am much more comfortable being with guys who are from the same culture and speak the same language as me. Another reason why I am not interested in dating non-Asians is because if I marry the person I then we will have mixed children and I am not into that either.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 501
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 01:51
Contact:

Post by ethidda » Oct 13th, '07, 04:54

I definitely understand and agree with the whole culture thing. I've actually never dated, and partly because I can't seem to find a guy who has the same culture background as me. On the one hand, I was born in America and spent many years here. I speak English, I have white girl friends, and I love to read dime novels. I like to be outgoing and outspoken, and hardly ever get embarrassed. (My best friend TRIED to embarrass me, many times. It didn't work.) However, my whole family is very Chinese, and I lived in China for half of my life, spending the important "moral-constructing" years in China.Therefore, I have many of the prominent Chinese values. I value blood-ties, respect my elders (for the most part), and celebrate Chinese holidays. Also, I am fluent in both Mandarin and English and I just think it would be weird to be with somebody who does not understand more than 50% of what I'm saying... So, I haven't really found anybody I would be interested in pursuing a serious relationship with.

Ah, well, good things come to those who wait. Or so the saying goes.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 13th, '07, 07:07

Ladies and Gentlemen,

yamcha is back!! :O

User avatar
DreamAngel0802
Posts: 69
Joined: Jun 19th, '06, 14:48

Post by DreamAngel0802 » Oct 13th, '07, 07:52

Hmm I also think that it's just where you grew up and to whom you are attracted to.. But so far the article I do not agree with the statement that only Asian women don't date Asian men.. I think this article just has his judgement already.

I've also got a question: If you are Asian, but you didn't grew up in an Asian culture, does that means you don't fit in somehow (either the type for Asian guy/girl or Asian friends)?

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 13th, '07, 20:08

People need to understand that Zero (Yamcha) is a troll. The pattern is..

1) Reasonable discussion about race with slightly controversial viewpoint (a bit off center but non flexible)
2) Starts to bring out main point about not wanting to go outside culture
3) Changes point to not going outside culture as not wanting to "mix" (note the change in word)
4) Upon not receiving enough attention, gets hostile and uses more pointed words (recall HIM calling people mutts, etc. really rude things)

its starting...
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

SP1CA
Posts: 722
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 19:20
Location: IZMIR/TURKEY
Contact:

Post by SP1CA » Oct 13th, '07, 20:16

i've never thought like this :O asian women don't date asian men?? really??

as long as you like/love someone race doesn't matter
also i think asian men are more respectful to ladies XD
i'm a Turk,it means i'm eurasian; my ancestors came from middle asia; and i don't think there's anything bad with asian people. gotta love them :wub: :wub: :wub:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest