How many ppl here live a depressing life?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
jinwah
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 07:08
Location: OR- USA

How many ppl here live a depressing life?

Post by jinwah » Jun 12th, '07, 07:32

i often look on the negative side of everything, thru out my life so far, nothing came easy.. so i just wonder if ppl in here are happy birds or somewat depressed.
i have becoming careless of life, planning on go skydiving ^^

thank you,
jinwah

mimmi
Posts: 573
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 22:03
Location: wisconsin

Post by mimmi » Jun 12th, '07, 08:21

hmm, how many people here live a depressing life?....lol what a question....well I don't know how many....but as for me, I'm pretty much of a "happy bird" as you put it :lol....

So go have a happy skydiving :-)....

User avatar
malay_tiger
Posts: 129
Joined: May 2nd, '06, 19:12
Location: Malaysia

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 12th, '07, 08:38

jinwah.. what do you mean by starting this thread??

well happy skydiving... and then I suggest you meet friendly people, happy go lucky person and watch happy happy dramas/movies like

1) My Boss, My Hero (JAPAN)
2) My Girl (KOREA)
3) all Stephen Chow movies (CHINA - Hong Kong)

just my words.. "you are what you think, you do like you think".. think positive ne..

pay a visit to hospital and see at their face and talk with them, it will be a good theraphy for unhappy person.. respect Aya in drama "One Litre of Tears / Ichi Rittoru no Namida"

:salut: :salut: :salut: live must go on for the living :P

zippyflu
Posts: 65
Joined: Oct 6th, '05, 16:12
Location: cherry hill, nj

Post by zippyflu » Jun 12th, '07, 08:56

i think life is full of sad moments, its the happy moments we live for.

Syarat
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 31st, '07, 19:42
Location: Germany

Post by Syarat » Jun 12th, '07, 08:58

I totally agree with malay_tiger. Moreover I would suggest to hang out with friends or even finding new ones. For instance by doing a new hobby and joining a club. i think if you are really interested in sky diving. This is a good step. Another thing I am doing is setting myself some goals i want to achieve.
But don't forget good times will always come, so cheer up :lol

IndieRockerette
Posts: 154
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 04:52

Post by IndieRockerette » Jun 12th, '07, 09:08

This is life isn't it? I think my life is pretty hard too and I have a lot of those depressed / emo moments but it's up to you to not let those moments get you down. I can just sit and wallow in self pity but I think.. what is that going to do? how is that going to help me at all? So I try to stand on my own two feet and keep living. Like zippyflu said, live for the happy moments. Try to stay positive and be around happy / positive people. Do something that'll make you happy.

Skydiving is a good choice for instance. There's nothing like it, that feeling is irreplaceable and I love it :lol ! For those who are thinking about skydiving (and have the cash) definitely do it, it's one of the most amazing things you'll ever do.

Cheer up & be happy :thumright:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1438
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Jun 12th, '07, 09:10

Well, lessee....

In the last year, I sold my business, ended up using all the proceeds to keep a roof over my family's heads after a work-related injury kept me from working for almost 9 months, my father-in-law had a stroke so Mom's back in China to take care of him for a bit, so I have nobody to watch my son while I'm working, I'm trying to launch a new business while working 3 jobs, and it's been nothing but headaches for the last month getting things organized and set up to get things rolling....

But y'know what? I have utmost confidence in myself and my abilities, I have a beautiful lady who loves me unconditionally, and I have an adorable little 10-year-old who thinks his Daddy's the coolest guy in the universe, so I'd say all in all, things are going pretty damn good right now!!!!!

(except for this annoying migraine I've got at the moment, but I'll bet I still get the next ep of RRLY up in the next day or so...)
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

AboutDrama
Posts: 92
Joined: Aug 8th, '05, 00:04

Post by AboutDrama » Jun 12th, '07, 09:18

aNTok wrote:
Well, lessee....

In the last year, I sold my business, ended up using all the proceeds to keep a roof over my family's heads after a work-related injury kept me from working for almost 9 months, my father-in-law had a stroke so Mom's back in China to take care of him for a bit, so I have nobody to watch my son while I'm working, I'm trying to launch a new business while working 3 jobs, and it's been nothing but headaches for the last month getting things organized and set up to get things rolling....

But y'know what? I have utmost confidence in myself and my abilities, I have a beautiful lady who loves me unconditionally, and I have an adorable little 10-year-old who thinks his Daddy's the coolest guy in the universe, so I'd say all in all, things are going pretty damn good right now!!!!!

(except for this annoying migraine I've got at the moment, but I'll bet I still get the next ep of RRLY up in the next day or so...)
Thanks so much. Your positive spirit really lifts me up. Wishes your life gets better everyday. :-)

User avatar
kobe23
Posts: 698
Joined: Jun 6th, '06, 23:19
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by kobe23 » Jun 12th, '07, 13:58

You should become a motivational speaker antok :)

Everyone's life is depressing at one time or another but everyone also gets over it. So umm...yeah...skydiving is a very good remedy for depression. Even my therapist says so.


Not that I have one. No really, I don't.


Ok. I do.

Psionic
Posts: 162
Joined: Mar 12th, '04, 20:05
Location: London

Post by Psionic » Jun 12th, '07, 14:15

we live in a terrible world: corruption, poverty, disease, sadness, war, rape, child abuse, narcotics, human emotion, death etc.

the reasons you are depressed are trivial incomparison to the bigger picture.

User avatar
onigiriman
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 1st, '06, 08:55
Location: California

Post by onigiriman » Jun 12th, '07, 14:22

I am currently living a depressing life because no one has uploaded a drama in HOURS!

User avatar
Voyant
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 01:20
Location: UK & FR

Post by Voyant » Jun 12th, '07, 16:30

Friend, your life is what you make of it...I may seem scary, but I suggest you change it dramatically.
After that come back and tell us how it went, good luck

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1034
Joined: Apr 27th, '05, 22:15

Post by pokute » Jun 12th, '07, 16:44


amabelle
Posts: 29
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 02:16

Post by amabelle » Jun 13th, '07, 04:12

compared to the kdrama's ive watch..
my life is pretty depressing..
soo boring and dull. >.<

User avatar
draco
Posts: 119
Joined: Oct 18th, '05, 09:34
Location: Valhala,HV

Post by draco » Jun 13th, '07, 04:25

hmmm I'm rather a melancholic in nature so being depressed is like.. my daily routine :P
I would say 6 out of 7 days a week I'm depressed. You're not alone :D

User avatar
Dreamfall
Posts: 171
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 15:16
Location: Serbia

Post by Dreamfall » Jun 20th, '07, 23:22

I think ppl get depressed mostly when they don't get what they want or need.Too much of free time makes ppl depressed ,too.Make your life fullfiled with things you like to do so they would ocupie you for a whole day.That way u'll put depression away.Also...try to talk with someone trustfull about that(feelings,thoughts...,blah,blah)...pain is helded easier when it is shared with someone...hope you understand (I know to say this perfectly in my languahe :D )

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » Jun 20th, '07, 23:47

We live in a broken world where things do not always go as they should. My life rarely goes as planned. But although I've had times of unspeakable sadness I've also experienced unspeakable joy. Through the tough times (yes, I have experienced severe depression) I've continued to believe several things: 1) It will pass. This moment in my life is not the sum of my whole life. 2) There are people who love me and value me - even when I doubt my own worth. 3) My life has value and meaning - even though it may not make much sense right now. 4) There is a God who loves me and cares for my well-being - even when I feel that God is far away.

I had a hard time when I was in my 20s - always on an emotional roller coaster ride. However, now that I'm older I feel much more settled and much less prone to depression - and yes, I'm very happy right now. I'm so thankful to my family and friends who listened and comforted me. For those out there who do suffer from depression - please talk to someone. Don't just perservere alone. And if it's really severe - please get professional help... Please!!

User avatar
Angelique
Posts: 143
Joined: Jul 26th, '06, 16:35
Location: Argentina

Post by Angelique » Jun 20th, '07, 23:54

Life sucks. So knowing that, just try to enjoy it and see the good things in it.

User avatar
Dreamfall
Posts: 171
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 15:16
Location: Serbia

Post by Dreamfall » Jun 21st, '07, 10:00

Are teenagers depressed more often then one that are not teens anymore?
I ask because Konbirira said "Now that I'm older....less prone to depression...".

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » Jun 21st, '07, 12:05

I'm not sure if younger people are more depressed than older... I just think there is a lot more confusion when you are younger. There are so many uncertainties - and sometimes looking at your future can be quite scary... As you get older you often have a sense of structure and stability in your life - often there is a committed partner and a job that you can settle in to. In addition, I feel a lot happier about myself now that I'm older. I feel I know who I am much more than I when I was younger - I have more confidence in my ability to make choices and there is much less pressure to be someone that I am not. There is less pressure to conform. I had a tough time as a teenager - I'm MUCH happier now... (I'm probably old enough to be your mom!) :mrgreen:

CJH
Posts: 20
Joined: Jun 16th, '07, 03:49
Location: Aussie at the moment

Post by CJH » Jun 21st, '07, 12:14

didn't read much of the thread as of yet (just stumbled across it a few minutes ago) but my take on it is life is only as depressing as you let it take you.I've had some severe depression before but i know that anytime i had it, it was because i was taking on more than i should have.

In that respect,i'd have to say that relatively i think i lead a pretty much depression free life. Personally, watching 1 litre of tears again really really makes you appreciate just how little we think of life. (cough does not help that i just watched love generation before that again and got reminded again how humans(or maybe just me) don't really appreciate what they have until they lose it)

at any rate anyone who's depressed i can only say take heart and look for the silver lining the cloud. :D

(alternatively... watch 1 litre of tears... cry your eyes out then feel happy that you're alive... :salut: :salut: :salut:)

hmm after reading the thread i think i should add a few more details, i am a pessimistic by nature pretty much but i don't let it get me down unless it gets REALLY bad... (cough... being hyper for too long is equally bad :P i've woken up with massive headaches due to it before... :cheers: )

@ aNToK: i have to say i am impressed by your dedication to your family(cough and to dramas...:P) as well as your confidence :cheers: hope your business succeeds and you can rest a little..

@ Psionic: i'll have to disagree on your thinking. leading a depressing life may not mean much in the bigger picture BUT the bigger picture does not mean much in a depressing life :P afterall, why would you care about other problems if you're depressed (note: i'm assuming that this is so :P i've not been so depressed that i haven't been able to think objectively before thus i'm not 100% sure just felt that this post is not that err... helpful?) also: not a personal attack :-(

@ Nonbirira: i'd agree on there being more confusion... heck i was one VERY confused individual a short while back. err not sure bout anything else so.. yeah... XD i personally think i'm still tethering on the verge of being an adult and still being a teen so i can't comment on that ^^

User avatar
Dreamfall
Posts: 171
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 15:16
Location: Serbia

Post by Dreamfall » Jun 21st, '07, 13:38

Thanks Nonbirira...sheeshe...now when I know that depression wont come so easy in a few years I feel much better.You read me like a book....I always want to be like someone else (teens are like that,right?)...and that brings a big pressure...in my head mostly....
Thanks mom! :mrgreen:
Image

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » Jun 21st, '07, 13:45

Anytime, Dreamfall!

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Jun 21st, '07, 23:12

Although I have not finish reading everyone's response. I just want to say that life is what you fulfill with it. Yes simply as it puts. Life is not boring or exciting until you do something about it. As a kid, I thought my day was colorful and I was a happy kiddo until I departed from parents and now It seems the days are long and sometimes short. It might become boring and sometimes exhausting but it simply depends on your mindset. I might not sound convincing but really life is just a way to put your mind to work. I am only writing this because I have nothing to do until 6:30 for the UT Austin orientation. It is indeed boring at the moment but I am at least trying to find something to do to fill this free spot in my life. So when someone ask me what did you do today. I can at least have an response but not the usual " oh nothing." when you feel that your life is boring and depressing. I think that's when to start thinking about learning to have habit and trying new thing out for life. i am starting college soon and so far all the requirement courses will be tkaing up pretty much everything in my schedule. however i do love swimming, so in my sparetime I will be working out and making new friends at the pool. Do not force yourself to do what others are best at. Do what you think will be fun and do what you think might help you make more friends ;D

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1034
Joined: Apr 27th, '05, 22:15

Post by pokute » Jun 21st, '07, 23:36

Wow, what pwner4once said about doing what will help you make friends... That is SO right! When things really go wrong, you really need to feel that there are people that will help you get past it. You can try and rely on your family for personal support, but you have to realise at some point that the people that CHOOSE to support you are going to be easier on your mental health than the people who feel OBLIGATED to support you. And what he said about life being what you make of it... That might sound trite, but it's also the other half of the Golden Rule.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Jun 22nd, '07, 03:30

haha I am glad one of ya actually supports me. anyhow just came back from a Vietnamese noodle place... yes i was bored but hey. I get hungry a lot so why not go out with friends and eat ? Funny thing is I ran into this girl I been stumbling into on and off. I was too much of a wuss to ask her # yesterday but God she asked for mine :D What a great world! It's all about being happy and lookin forward to future! If you think your life sucks, think about the people who have to put up with harder life! Like the people in africa and etc. Just try to be happy and go hang out with friends! if you got no close friends like me. Oh well just hang out with some people you know. You think it'll suck and be boring? try to crack some jokes, be funny and do goofy stuff. :lol

hope ya the best :cheers:

madesoda
Posts: 14
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 20:07

Post by madesoda » Jun 22nd, '07, 03:46

my life is pretty boring too... every day i always ask myself "why doesnt my family have a special kung fu martial arts manual?" or "why dont i posses a sword thats made from a rare material unmatch by anyother sword in the world"
Last edited by madesoda on Jun 22nd, '07, 05:00, edited 1 time in total.

ILoveKoyuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Aug 12th, '06, 23:50

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Jun 22nd, '07, 04:36

im not so sure i would call myself depress but everyone tells me i am :glare:
but i don't find many things people value in life important
and watching doramas gives me an idea of how good people could be to each other
but when you look at the real world the majority of people in little ways act untrustworthy, greedily, violent which just adds to everybodys overall suffering and tone of depression but this is life, this is the world people made for themselves
i think to counter this people focus solely if not the majority of their time on the so-called "happy" things in life (most of which I believe either dont exist or dont really make people happy) i choose not to though i like to look at the big picture, its SAD but so what
personally i think people get depressed when they realize these things after having a positive outlook on life but when u realize that this is the world then i guess you can go on existing :roll

you just take it day by day, . . . but dont expect too much and always prepare for the wrost :thumright:

User avatar
wat3rm3lon
Posts: 357
Joined: Jul 25th, '06, 02:54
Location: ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

Post by wat3rm3lon » Jun 22nd, '07, 04:52

Go watch some dramas. They will make you happy.
Or instead of watching people's happy lives-
Live your own happy life.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOO :D
Image

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Jun 22nd, '07, 14:50

wat3rm3lon wrote:Go watch some dramas. They will make you happy.
Or instead of watching people's happy lives-
Live your own happy life.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOO :D
:crazy: NO NO
watching drama will only make your life worse if you are hoping that they will make your life for the better. I used to be sad and watching drama is as good as a daily happy pill. However it actually separates you from reality and make you rely on the drama inside a drama adn therefore living in it. I think the best way is do some kind of exercise for starter if you can't find any friends to hang out. If that doesn't work, you can always find some kind of study group (if you are in college like me). Worse case, go to the gem and swim. Make new friends! From experience, don't try to find people you will like at first sight. Just try to make friends in general. Don't be picky! It's not finding my best friend contest! :P

aliensporebomb
Posts: 34
Joined: Apr 24th, '07, 21:15

Post by aliensporebomb » Jun 25th, '07, 19:58

I know that there's a particular song (or rather group of songs) that help me get up when I am down.

"Pulled up" by the Talking Heads (last song on the first album). David Byrne's almost frantic
delivery actually leaves him breathless by the end of the song.

There's some others but listen to that and get moving! See if that doesn't help.

I also found riding my bike thereapeutic. Then I found riding that bike long distances was
also thereapeutic. As many as 100 miles. I'm nuts, I know.

nikochanr3
Posts: 606
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 25th, '07, 20:10

depression isnt always related to specific things one must remember. i used to get depressed and not be able to shake it, it didnt matter if things got better or changed or anything. i was "stuck" for lack of a better term. if never went away, i just understand it now which kind of makes it go away if that makes sense. tokk a long time...

if you are depressed about nothing in general and cant shake it you should see someone about it.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
AfricanBean
Posts: 29
Joined: May 27th, '07, 13:01
Location: The Gun State
Contact:

Post by AfricanBean » Jun 25th, '07, 20:16

pwner4once wrote: I used to be sad and watching drama is as good as a daily happy pill.
Ehm, I see the general wisdom in what you're saying, I really do. Friends can be wonderful, they can pick you up when you're feeling down and all that cliche jazz. Though, I think going out and looking for friends simply because you're sad is just as much of a "happy pill" as watching dramas. The only difference is with dramas you aren't taking advantage of someone else. It's the same with exercise, because I feel you tend to focus on the exercise rather than what's really bothering you. There really is no easy way to work through the painful parts of life, at least not healthy ways. Ultimately, everyone has to figure out how to move on themselves.

I also think wat3rm3lon nailed it in one go. Watch dramas, do whatever, but live your life. Don't get so bogged down on the sad parts, because there's better(and worse) parts still to come. If you just live your life the way that makes you happy, usually you gain friends naturally.

Disclaimer: Please note, I'm not trying to attack anyone's opinions or beliefs. If it was taken as such, I apologize beforehand. Any content listed above is my own meandering opinion and should not be taken as a statement of fact from any kind of informed professional.

x NomadGirl x
Posts: 14
Joined: Jul 2nd, '07, 03:52
Location: My World... ;]

Post by x NomadGirl x » Jul 2nd, '07, 04:18

I'm usually either very happy or incredibly depressed. For others, I am optimistic, but for myself, I have a pessimistic view of things. Right now my life is depressing because of certain family problems, but I believe that things will always turn out fine. =]

nophankh
Posts: 222
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 08:11
Location: PA, US

Post by nophankh » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:02

Yes, you can say I live a depressing life.
However, I'm coming to terms with my depression. I finally accepted it as not being bad, but a part of life and this moment will pass. Usually something triggers my depression and other times, I'm just depressed for no reason.

I had a really bad episode so I decided to self-medicate(talking the mood enhancer: St. John's warts.) I discovered that being numb and feeling just okay about everything was worst off than being depressed.

I kinda over-dose on St. John's warts. I followed the instruction and took 3 pills a day, and it totally screwed me up. I lost my appetite. I felt fine, but everything was too neutral. I didn't have negative thoughts, but I couldn't really fully enjoy myself. I love listening to music, but listening to music became unsatisfying. I even tried thinking about negative thoughts, but I couldn't do it. I also lost my creative flare for creating art and writing.

After my St. John's warts experience, I discovered that life sucks but there are happy times also and I liked that I was an emotional basket-case.

I'm still insecure, I'm still hyper-shy, and at times I'm a maniac. finally at the ripe old age of 23 I accepted these emotions as colors of life.

I'm still closed in my shell, but I'm creeping out little by little.
Last edited by nophankh on Jul 3rd, '07, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nikeg
Posts: 130
Joined: Jan 18th, '05, 06:42
Location: Hometown Honolulu baby!

Post by nikeg » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:16

ima guy, i am 22, i have never had a gf, and i watch dramas

thats kinda depressing
Watching:Emperor of the Sea 23/52*dormant* Wedding 2/16*dormant* Over The Rainbow 2/16 GTO 2/11

Image
ParkHanByul-Boa-ChaeRim-Eunhye-HanGaIn-JJH-Hyori-LeeYeonHee-SonYejin-Yuri

User avatar
DramaholicxD
Posts: 107
Joined: Apr 11th, '07, 00:25
Location: Under Your Bed

Post by DramaholicxD » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:27

x NomadGirl x wrote:I'm usually either very happy or incredibly depressed. For others, I am optimistic, but for myself, I have a pessimistic view of things. Right now my life is depressing because of certain family problems, but I believe that things will always turn out fine. =]


I'm just like you! Sometimes, I'm really hyperactive and very cheerful but then on some days I throw a fit and then get all moody and end up not talking to anyone. Very weird. I think I'm moody. Don't worry about your family problems.. I've had that and that time was REALLY big and I didn't really have anyone to talk to about it. So, all the feelings were inside me and then I ended up crying to myself :crazy: :crazy: oh shyt why am i telling everyone this... =X
yeah anyway things got better and now every second that I spend with my family is mostly sounds of laughter! xDD hope things get better for ya~
Image
credits to foofeh <33 [:
Image
credits to Twistee <33 :]

User avatar
luisa
Posts: 20
Joined: Jun 22nd, '06, 11:51
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by luisa » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:39

I get depressed sometimes when I have to worry about annoying stuff like exams... but i guess most of the time, i'm kinda daydreaming hahaha i don't know if that has something to do with depression? :blink

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Jul 2nd, '07, 06:51

pokute wrote:the people that CHOOSE to support you are going to be easier on your mental health than the people who feel OBLIGATED to support you.
nicely put pokute!! i liked that so much i actually wrote it down. ^^ i agree 100%

Kity_Kira

Post by Kity_Kira » Jul 6th, '07, 08:03

draco wrote:hmmm I'm rather a melancholic in nature so being depressed is like.. my daily routine :P
I would say 6 out of 7 days a week I'm depressed. You're not alone :D
Hehe same here. :mrgreen: But it's getting better lately.

nophankh
Posts: 222
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 08:11
Location: PA, US

Post by nophankh » Jul 7th, '07, 01:50

nikeg wrote:ima guy, i am 22, i have never had a gf, and i watch dramas

thats kinda depressing
Okay guy, I'll be your d-addicts gf. haha. Feel better?

pk_18
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:56
Location: London

Re: How many ppl here live a depressing life?

Post by pk_18 » Jul 17th, '07, 17:29

jinwah wrote:i often look on the negative side of everything, thru out my life so far, nothing came easy.. so i just wonder if ppl in here are happy birds or somewat depressed.
i have becoming careless of life, planning on go skydiving ^^

thank you,
jinwah
ohhh how i hope that's skydiving WITH the parachute! ^^

pk_18
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 00:56
Location: London

Post by pk_18 » Jul 17th, '07, 17:47

pwner4once wrote:
wat3rm3lon wrote:Go watch some dramas. They will make you happy.
Or instead of watching people's happy lives-
Live your own happy life.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOO :D
:crazy: NO NO
watching drama will only make your life worse if you are hoping that they will make your life for the better. I used to be sad and watching drama is as good as a daily happy pill. However it actually separates you from reality and make you rely on the drama inside a drama adn therefore living in it. I think the best way is do some kind of exercise for starter if you can't find any friends to hang out. If that doesn't work, you can always find some kind of study group (if you are in college like me). Worse case, go to the gem and swim. Make new friends! From experience, don't try to find people you will like at first sight. Just try to make friends in general. Don't be picky! It's not finding my best friend contest! :P
yeh but its not easy to make friends.

User avatar
Hanakurosu
Posts: 104
Joined: Jul 19th, '07, 16:30

Post by Hanakurosu » Jul 20th, '07, 15:19

My GF for 6 years left me and had eloped with a new guy she's just recently get acquainted with... huhuhu....

User avatar
Sakuranantogay
Posts: 39
Joined: Apr 3rd, '07, 19:41
Location: OzL0

Post by Sakuranantogay » Jul 20th, '07, 15:57

I can't say that I live a depressing life, but I sure don't live a happy one either. It's pretty boring and dull. I failed to get into the university because of a stupid system my country uses to give extra credits, and now I'm forced to work for one year in a random place chosen by the government because of the fact that I'm a pacifist and didn't want to join the army. I'm only 18, give me a break. Earlier this year, my house burned to the ground, and I lost almost all of my possesions.
I live on the countryside, so there arent that many people to become friends with, so it's hard to get new ones ><. And I live in a country with a very small population, and people here have very conservative interests, so there are no chances for me to do the activities that I'm interested in. Not to mention the messed up, kind of corrupted school system here.

Over to the good stuff! xD
I live in a country with a superb welfare system. I have a family that loves me, and we have enough money to live a decent life. We received a nice amount of insurance money for the burnt down house :D I have great friends, and last I was lucky to be born in a peaceful country which has provided me with a good education (but as I mentioned, we have a messed up system, and also we have no extracurricular activitites, and a very small array of hobby-activities outside of school).

User avatar
41nano
Posts: 33
Joined: Nov 2nd, '06, 17:34
Location: Paris, France

Post by 41nano » Jul 27th, '07, 15:58

I'm a pretty melancholic guy and my life is far from being cool, so most of the time, i'm depressed.
You know, wondering why a lot things all day long is bad for mental health, yet that's what 'im doing most of the time.
My family's pretty poor and i'm not that great in studies and of course, needless to say i don't have a lot of friend nor i ever had a gf before.
But i still dream of having a nice future so i won't kill myself for now, life might have some goos thing awaiting for me ^^

Dagorlad
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 3rd, '07, 01:54
Location: Unfortunately, not in Asia.

Post by Dagorlad » Jul 28th, '07, 19:37

Most people I have ever met live a depressing life or are depressed, regardless of their situation.

I do not know anyone who does not live a depressing life. Every time I meet a new person who seems like they have their act together, I very soon find that their life is pathetic and pitiful and very depressing. Maybe I attract these people???

How can any of us ever escape the tragedy of not being able to be with the person who you want, live in the place that you want, etc....???

This is all a matter of perspective, though, and this is the most important thing to remember.

If you keep a green tree in your heart, perhaps the songbird will come.

cool_kickin_dude
Posts: 15
Joined: Aug 30th, '06, 16:03

Post by cool_kickin_dude » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:12

I've been depressed for almost 2 years, almost to tjhe point of suicide a couple of times. Sometimes I wonder what had happened to my life that made it go to shambles

nophankh
Posts: 222
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 08:11
Location: PA, US

Post by nophankh » Aug 2nd, '07, 18:34

Sakuranantogay wrote:I can't say that I live a depressing life, but I sure don't live a happy one either. It's pretty boring and dull. I failed to get into the university because of a stupid system my country uses to give extra credits, and now I'm forced to work for one year in a random place chosen by the government because of the fact that I'm a pacifist and didn't want to join the army. I'm only 18, give me a break. Earlier this year, my house burned to the ground, and I lost almost all of my possesions.
I live on the countryside, so there arent that many people to become friends with, so it's hard to get new ones ><. And I live in a country with a very small population, and people here have very conservative interests, so there are no chances for me to do the activities that I'm interested in. Not to mention the messed up, kind of corrupted school system here.

Over to the good stuff! xD
I live in a country with a superb welfare system. I have a family that loves me, and we have enough money to live a decent life. We received a nice amount of insurance money for the burnt down house :D I have great friends, and last I was lucky to be born in a peaceful country which has provided me with a good education (but as I mentioned, we have a messed up system, and also we have no extracurricular activitites, and a very small array of hobby-activities outside of school).
where do you live?

User avatar
murokeksi
Posts: 45
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 12:24
Location: Tokyo

Post by murokeksi » Aug 23rd, '07, 21:36

Life is depressing only if you make desicion that it will be like that! Sometimes you just have to tell yourself "Is it really ok to spend my life like this?" ... You live only once.. think about it!

And to those who think I'm just all talk: I have been deep down and I have so many bad experiences that I think nobody should have... I now I could be really down, but I think I'm not giving up! I have to be strong and proud of myself! I will live! :salut:

purplefantasy
Posts: 53
Joined: Aug 22nd, '07, 20:24
Location: Romania

Post by purplefantasy » Aug 23rd, '07, 21:51

i was depresed until 1 year .... but not anymore...i was thinkin' too of my meaningfull existence...but now i feel ok...i don't give a f.. anymore i just have fun and live on...even if it's a bad situation even if people yell at me or argue...it's like i can't hear them anymore...i'm a verry relaxed person now..too relaxed i'd say :D

User avatar
goongluver16
Posts: 91
Joined: Jul 30th, '07, 00:48
Location: Califorina

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 23rd, '07, 22:17

You shouldn't live your life that is something like depressing! You only have one life so live it well! :D :thumright:

pagtitiyaga
Posts: 33
Joined: Feb 19th, '06, 21:05

Post by pagtitiyaga » Aug 26th, '07, 04:29

Me. Not really depressing... but, lifeless. I'm young and I have no social life. T_T

ILoveKoyuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Aug 12th, '06, 23:50

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Aug 26th, '07, 04:47

pagtitiyaga wrote:Me. Not really depressing... but, lifeless. I'm young and I have no social life. T_T
Well think of it this way
You gotta life. . . now i don't kno if its a good or a bad thing but it is whut it is :lol

User avatar
aggiel
Posts: 23
Joined: Jul 9th, '07, 10:05

Post by aggiel » Aug 26th, '07, 05:10

my life has been horrible this past year, what with my mom suddenly having an illness and my dad all of a sudden not prioritizing my family even with my mom's condition. all my friends are older than i am and i feel like i'm not going anywhere with my life. it's been very rough. i've cried so many times about everything and complaining and being depressed that i realized it just doesn't help. you have to realize you have all the time in the world to make the most out of your life. no matter what age you are.


you first have to set goals for yourself while going through these tough times. then try achieving them one by one keeping in mind that everything takes time. the more you accomplish with self-improvement the better you'll feel. even if your goals seem soo far away or even impossible, it's fun just trying to make the most of it and actually making part of it reality. because it can happen if you really want it to.


i'm serious.

ILoveKoyuki
Posts: 70
Joined: Aug 12th, '06, 23:50

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Aug 26th, '07, 05:22

yea but if you make it a process you'll realize your just creating a purpose when you really don't have any then you might actually think whuts tha point its tha same thing over and over
set goal -> accomplish goal-> find new challenge -> set goal-> accomplish goal -> find new challenge
i think a lot of people who realized them get bogged down in the lonely repetions of life and that why theyre depressed
. . . oh just a thought. . .

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 26th, '07, 05:50

My life used to be horrible, now it's great. I used to be stuck in the countryside in a small European country without people of interest around, then when I graduated from high school, I packed my bags and moved to South Korea by myself and am here to stay for the next couple of years. It's good. Life is truly what you make of it.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Aug 26th, '07, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
My blog about my life in Korea:

www.neavanille.com

User avatar
kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 249
Joined: Mar 11th, '06, 04:42
Location: on top of the star
Contact:

Post by kylagurl » Aug 26th, '07, 06:06

aliensporebomb wrote:I know that there's a particular song (or rather group of songs) that help me get up when I am down.

"Pulled up" by the Talking Heads (last song on the first album). David Byrne's almost frantic
delivery actually leaves him breathless by the end of the song.

There's some others but listen to that and get moving! See if that doesn't help.

I also found riding my bike thereapeutic. Then I found riding that bike long distances was
also thereapeutic. As many as 100 miles. I'm nuts, I know.
omigosh, riding your bike is bicycle or motorbike? So fun la! You're frm singapore. Isn't it dangerous to ride on the roads or highways? ahah, or u keep going around in circles...
Dun cry because it is over :thumleft: ... Smile because it happened... :) Everything happens for a reason. :blink:

User avatar
kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 249
Joined: Mar 11th, '06, 04:42
Location: on top of the star
Contact:

Post by kylagurl » Aug 26th, '07, 06:14

Mmm, after reading these 4 pages of posts, I feel that things aren't really what they seem. These ppl may be people u see in school, at your work place everyday. But you might not know they have their own problems. They may seem very strong on the outside but they are actually fragile inside. We just don't know.

I just started university as a freshman earlier in Aug this yr and got all depressed when that process of making frens and getting adapted to independent learning got too overwhelming. I'm those type who warm up slower so I always feel uncomfortable (it's just not a good feeling, I feel tight at my chest) when in new classes and I'm all alone. But, I know I get pass it.

I once read about "Impermenance". It just means nothing is permanent, everything keeps on changing. There are depressing parts of life and happy parts too. Without sad times, we won't feel the happiness when good times are here. There must be contrasts and ups and downs. Otherwise, life would be too bland.

Remember, everything happens for a reason! Go and find the joy in simple things, small things... Sunshine, the gentle breeze on your face and your hair gets sweeped back haha. The smile of a child. See how children get so happy easily. Yea, I agree very much that having too much of free time is bad! Your thoughts run too wildly and end up clogging your mind!

Somemore happy things: A compliment frm someone. I bet everyone, EVERYONE have received compliments in their life at some point in time. The taste of chocolate or your fave food? Someone thanking you for something you've done for them. The flowers by the road side. The trees, so mighty and strong! A hug frm someone. Ribbons, wood (I lurve wood, it calms me). Get immersed by nature, feel its soothing effect on you. It's rejuvenating and theraupetic.

Best still, keep a book of happy times when you feel it. No one gets thru life without smiling or laughing once. Hee. :D Ooops, soz for writing so long. Hope anyone out there who is depressed find some meaning in what I've written. I'm very easily hurt and take criticism seriously. But, sometimes, I just heck care and take it as stuff passing by me. Life's too short to worry too much. Live for the moment. Find the joy in everything you do. It's easier to pass time and enjoy! :w00t:
Dun cry because it is over :thumleft: ... Smile because it happened... :) Everything happens for a reason. :blink:

User avatar
happy_don5
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 18th, '07, 15:36
Contact:

Post by happy_don5 » Aug 26th, '07, 09:15

@ kylagurl: true, true, most things arent really what they seem...i kinda understand that...and i guess i can relate to what u said...maybe you're right, that it is just about perspective...about being appreciative.....i just hope i could be one....

i always feel kinda empty...that there's something missing...

User avatar
Sakuranantogay
Posts: 39
Joined: Apr 3rd, '07, 19:41
Location: OzL0

Post by Sakuranantogay » Sep 9th, '07, 19:10

nophankh wrote:
Sakuranantogay wrote:I can't say that I live a depressing life, but I sure don't live a happy one either. It's pretty boring and dull. I failed to get into the university because of a stupid system my country uses to give extra credits, and now I'm forced to work for one year in a random place chosen by the government because of the fact that I'm a pacifist and didn't want to join the army. I'm only 18, give me a break. Earlier this year, my house burned to the ground, and I lost almost all of my possesions.
I live on the countryside, so there arent that many people to become friends with, so it's hard to get new ones ><. And I live in a country with a very small population, and people here have very conservative interests, so there are no chances for me to do the activities that I'm interested in. Not to mention the messed up, kind of corrupted school system here.

Over to the good stuff! xD
I live in a country with a superb welfare system. I have a family that loves me, and we have enough money to live a decent life. We received a nice amount of insurance money for the burnt down house :D I have great friends, and last I was lucky to be born in a peaceful country which has provided me with a good education (but as I mentioned, we have a messed up system, and also we have no extracurricular activitites, and a very small array of hobby-activities outside of school).
where do you live?
friggin norway.. massive amounts of oil money, small amounts of brain cells in the world of politics thus shitty prioritization on what's important

User avatar
ctdidie
Posts: 13
Joined: Dec 30th, '06, 05:03
Location: Tokyo

Post by ctdidie » Sep 12th, '07, 02:07

im depressed becoz im 24, never had a boifren. i repeat NEVER. and all(maybe most) of my friends are getting married or having babies. but me, im single and currently hate my career. im worse than ANEGO. i think i need therapy, but my friend said, think about other people who live a worse life than us, then maybe i should think about how im gonna spend my money to pay someone just to make him/her told me what to do to be happy.okay, so now its about money. yes, im broke. im always broke and never gets the chance to make savings. can u believe it? i cant even help out my parents.that's another depressing point. even thinking about getting help is even depressing.
Image Image
sleeping is fun! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bababooey
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 17th, '07, 16:50

Re: How many ppl here live a depressing life?

Post by Bababooey » Sep 17th, '07, 22:40

jinwah wrote:i often look on the negative side of everything, thru out my life so far, nothing came easy.. so i just wonder if ppl in here are happy birds or somewat depressed.
i have becoming careless of life, planning on go skydiving ^^

thank you,
jinwah

Not getting laid, huh?

User avatar
happy_don5
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 18th, '07, 15:36
Contact:

Post by happy_don5 » Sep 17th, '07, 23:03

. . . i need to have direction.

User avatar
chesed
Posts: 22
Joined: Jun 3rd, '04, 02:13
Location: California
Contact:

Post by chesed » Sep 17th, '07, 23:24

I never had a depressing life really, but I used to be depressed a lot. Actually, I used to like being depressed. It made me feel like there was nowhere to go but up. It actually made me feel safe to think that if I'm that low, then anything else that could hurt me probably just won't hurt that much because it can't get any worse than what it was. I was the type of person who never showed his true feelings, and if I was angry at someone I tried not to show it (altho you can read me like a book, emotionally). I was everybody's friend. I laughed in social situations and tried my hardest to be accepted by everyone. And I was. But nobody really knew me. And I didn't trust anybody.

I started to feel stuck, like I was going nowhere. And I realized that I was basically trading comfort in solitude with progression. One year I decided to change things. I started to see that I was worth something, and even if I didn't think I was good enough to be a part of anything, I began to believe in myself. I started setting goals for myself I never would have done before.

However, for me it came at a price. I'm far more selfish than I ever was. Before, I would do anything for anybody because I wanted to be accepted. Now I do stuff for me first, then others. If somebody offers something, I'll gladly accept. But I don't offer anything like I used to. These days I've sort of balanced things out, but I'm nowhere near the giving person I used to be. Still, I'm actually proud of who I am, I respect myself and others, and I'm still working hard towards my goals despite the fact that I'm basically "behind everybody" as I turn 29. To be honest, I think everybody goes at a different pace and I don't regret most things I've done. I kinda wish I finished college when I was younger, but during the time I was working full time, I had some great times.

I don't have any real advice for people who are depressed, whether they're doing it to themselves or it's completely out of their hands. I was one of the former types. You just gotta figure things out for yourself. Depend on yourself. But don't forget others. Try to realize your potential and if not, watch some dramas and make yourself happy or sad. When I was in my depressed stage, I used to loooove to watch sad things. It made me feel better. I still watch them, but I look for other things now rather than simply dwell on the negative.

I really don't think it's wrong to dwell on the negative. You're still just discovering yourself. Whether you're old or young, short or tall, white, black, yellow, purple, whatever. What matters is you, and how you see yourself is up to you, not others.

knuts
Posts: 273
Joined: Aug 13th, '05, 20:43

Post by knuts » Sep 28th, '07, 21:20

I don't think it is good to think and compare yourself with other people/your friends, like they are 25 and have a bf/gf, so you should have one also, or that you should be married and have kids by then and then, etc, etc..

What if other people get divorced when they are 50, do you also want/get one?

I would say, just do what you like, whether it be alone or together.

Though, talking to other people is very important. Ofcourse preferable to really nice and unselfish people, that you can trust, but since that is a rare specie, at least where I live, anybody should do.

Thoughts kept in one's head tend to grow very quick and big. But once shared with someone, they seems to become "normal". Also 2 people really know more than one person, I must reluctantly admit.

User avatar
docipain
Posts: 535
Joined: Dec 10th, '05, 05:25
Location: Germany

Post by docipain » Oct 1st, '07, 11:05

I think everyone has depressive moments in his life. and people who have more time than others or at least take this free time for themselves are getting depressive easilier than others I guess.
Because you have too much time to think about topics.

For me..there was a period of time this year when I was depressed as hell so I tried to become happy at least on the Internet.
Image
Join Ryo Watch! Uchi is stalking there as well! ;D

User avatar
baby_shin
Posts: 100
Joined: Oct 9th, '06, 10:26
Location: Sydney

Post by baby_shin » Oct 1st, '07, 12:02

not sure if i'll be much of a help here..
one thing i've learnt in my life..is
being grateful of whatever you have right now and you will much better...
every one has their own problem...but of course you can't see it from outside
god only give you what you can handle..soon you'll find out that these obstacles are meant to make you stronger and become a better person
in every stage of your life..there are different challenges..so always be grateful, bcs that means that you've passed the test and moved on to the new level
i hope you feel better....it's normal to be feeling down..after all we're just human....just don't forget to get back up again..
:D :mrgreen:

TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED

exiguel88
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 30th, '07, 09:13
Location: Sweden

Post by exiguel88 » Oct 30th, '07, 09:41

Well, if i'm smart enough to invent my legal happypill, then i'd gladly hand some to you. Still, living a depressed life sounds tiresome.

User avatar
nokchan
Posts: 36
Joined: Sep 9th, '07, 14:54
Location: middle of nowhere

Post by nokchan » Dec 31st, '07, 01:40

I don't know if one could say I lead a depressing live. Actually my life runs its course. I even usually get what I want. One way or the other... but...

I can't be really happy about it. The problem is outer life and inner life I guess. At a nice round we were to describe each other (my friends and I) and they decided that I'm the self-confident cool chick. Doing things right, looking pretty, never stressing to much. The actual truth is that I get daily eaten by my self consiousness. I do things because they have to get done. I'm being nice to alot of people... because thats what you do. I need people to like me but if they do I can never trust them that they won't abandon me one day. That they will betray me one day. There is a saying. That people can't love you unless you love yourself. But I think thats a lot of crap. You need someone else to show you that your loveable to believe it yourself.

Not being able to be myself and to be self conscious to the point of hating myself sometimes can be really tiring. Thats a bit depressing I think

anniephan85
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 19th, '08, 08:51

It's not healthy to live a depress life.

Post by anniephan85 » Oct 19th, '08, 08:58

I guess we all come to this world for a reason but most of us just confuse and lost. Living in this world full of sickness is pretty scary. I'm depress most of the time too. I can't eat, sleep and can't even think. It hella suck. I got lay-off for like 10 month and still unable to find a job. I have used up all my money and it's super SUCK. Just try to be happy cuz being depress is not gonna do you any good. Happy or not you still have to live in this world that we have no idea about. Either way you still have to eat, sleep and wake up everyday; why not just be happy. Be stupid, be silly and be yourself. Do whatever that make you HAPPY. Just live your everyday like your last day cuz my friend just recently past away with cancer and from that moment I know I gotta live my life to the fullest and be thankful that I'm still alive and have such a big and happy family. I gotta live a healthy and happy life and you should too. God gave us a better life than other already and you should treasure it. PLEASE LIVE A HAPPY LIFE FOR ME. thank you

User avatar
LiL_gianT23
Posts: 50
Joined: Feb 12th, '08, 13:45
Location: Philippines

Post by LiL_gianT23 » Nov 16th, '08, 03:48

i have a depressing life. my blog is my witness. but whenever i try to read my previous entries, i laugh and think how i was able to survive those moments..

here.. try to read this one.. haha

User avatar
getawayfrom
Posts: 292
Joined: May 26th, '08, 05:17
Location: USA

Re: How many ppl here live a depressing life?

Post by getawayfrom » Nov 16th, '08, 03:58

jinwah wrote:i often look on the negative side of everything, thru out my life so far, nothing came easy.. so i just wonder if ppl in here are happy birds or somewat depressed.
i have becoming careless of life, planning on go skydiving ^^

thank you,
jinwah
I feel the same thing! Not that i want to die or anything but I'm just depressed. Mostly because I don't have money, own alot of debts, bad education, no job and my marriage is loveless. All of these things makes my life depressing. I think that the most important thing I need right now is MONEY, it will solve all my problems!
It came down to hating myself for making the wrong decisions in life. I hate that I didn't continued my education after high school, hate myself for ruining my body--I'm fat and overweight right now---I can't lose weight not that I try but because I think I'm already too old to look good now. Every night I wish I can turn back the clock and have a second chance at everything up until now. The only thing I don't want to change are my children but other then that I want to change everything including my husband hahaha....
So like you say, I have becoming careless of life and I feel I had nothing to look forward to except getting old and died.

User avatar
getawayfrom
Posts: 292
Joined: May 26th, '08, 05:17
Location: USA

Re: How many ppl here live a depressing life?

Post by getawayfrom » Nov 16th, '08, 04:09

Bababooey wrote:
jinwah wrote:i often look on the negative side of everything, thru out my life so far, nothing came easy.. so i just wonder if ppl in here are happy birds or somewat depressed.
i have becoming careless of life, planning on go skydiving ^^

thank you,
jinwah

Not getting laid, huh?
You are funny, but I had to agreed about not getting laid. Maybe I need to get laid myself but I'm a married woman and I'm being faithful so what can I do when my husband doesn't want to get laid hahaha......

User avatar
zyrene
Posts: 248
Joined: Mar 31st, '08, 11:38

Post by zyrene » Nov 23rd, '08, 14:52

maaahhh... well i guess my life as og now is kinda depressing.... :cry: :cry:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest