What languages do you know?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.

What languages do you know proficiently?

Chinese
20%
Japanese
15%
Korean
3%
Korean
3%
Chinese & Japanese
5%
Chinese & Korean
1%
Japanese & Korean
2%
All of Above
2%
None of Above (must rely on subtitles)
51%

Total votes: 929

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Oct 27th, '04, 22:02

I'm Hmong and fluent in my native language as well as English. i was in the process of trying to learn Korean but i found out that i work better when someone is teaching me. i learned how to romanize Korean lyrics. I've pretty much memorized the alphabet though. It's gonna be a long, hard process but well worth it.

thanks to all those fabulous ppl who provide dramas/movies with English subtitles. You should know you are all well-loved! :wub:
bi kissed me in the spring,
brian in the fall,
But minwoo only looked at me
And never kissed me at all
bi's kiss was lost in jest,
brian's lost in play
But the kiss in minwoo's eyes
Haunts me night and day

izaki_9

Post by izaki_9 » Nov 1st, '04, 18:37

im from singapore so i know chinese & english...... and a little of japanese
just a little..... so i still need those subs... :P :roll :roll

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What languages do you know?

Post by techie » Nov 1st, '04, 19:01

xiaryx wrote:I was just interested in knowing the language population of all the d-addicts visitors. Proficient in a language means able to watch a show without the subtitles.
If this includes any language which is sufficiently understood without sub titles, including neigboring languages then there's quite a few.

English, German, Swedish, Norwegian, I could probably manage Danish too, Dutch is still to tough but I probably grasp more of that than Japanese.

Still on the list to learn is Japanese and Korean. Wouldn't manage without sub titles, but oddly enough I'll make it through Hotman II somehow. I still enjoy the dorama as is.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 1st, '04, 19:05

shirahime wrote:Swedish - the one I know best, not my favorite though
Well you might figure it out, I live in Sweden.
eeeep :w00t:

Should we start a Swedish thread :) with subtitles?
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 1st, '04, 19:18

JALAL wrote: Swedish, I was forced to learn this horrible language cuz my parents moved to sweden.. Its not that bad but I just dont like it so maybe I'll move to another country :crazy:
Still dont get it why Swedish woul dbe so horrible.
Given it's surely not the easiest language to learn and it's got massive amounts of exceptions and weird rules.

The one benefit though, when studying Japanese you have many things that are clearly pronounced in the same or similar way, since almost all letters of the alphabet are pronounced as you would any syllables in Japanese. Just one good thing in all the bad.

Ganbare ne :lol

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 1st, '04, 19:24

lilswtangel wrote:after watching a lot of dramas, i understand pretty much the most basic korean. one of my best friends is korean and she's been trying forever to teach me how to read the "letters." unfortunately, i still haven't picked it up. so pretty much, i rely on english subtitles to get by.
Interesting.

I read on a site somwehre that Hangul with it's 14 vowels and 10 consonants, or the other way around, was supposedly the simplest written language to learn.

It's also the only language in the world (supposedly) which was created by one single individual. The Korean King in 1426, to separate Korea somewhat from using Chinese kanji exclusively.

Hangul was prohibited during the Japanese occupation when everyone had to learn Japanese instead. I guess thats why they still have a lot of similarities in words used.

Way cool thread. Thanks for sharing it all. :)

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Nov 1st, '04, 19:49

English=fluent
Cambodian = speak fluently, can't read or write though
Mandarin = speak/write/read a little
Teo Chou = understand and speak a little
Spanish = took 3 yrs in high school, understand a litlte

Languages to learn wishlist:
Japanese
Korean
Thai (very cute gals when i went to Thailand, was sooo depressed bcuz i couldn't speak Thai!)
Mandarin (more fluently)
Vietnamese (have lots of Viet frenz, also lots of cute gals in Vietnam when i was there...another depressing moment) :cry:

the more languages u know, the merrier...doesn't matter what languages they r!

totuta

Post by totuta » Nov 1st, '04, 19:57

Korean : native
English & Japanese : no problem speaking/reading/writing
Mandarin : simple everyday conversation possible
Cantonese : only simple words

quite surprised to see a lot of ppl here know many languages.
especially Japanese is the biggest common factor here.
is it because d-addicts originally started as a sort of Japanese thing?

Agent007

Post by Agent007 » Nov 1st, '04, 20:44

I know I only came here after I started learning Japanese... I would assume others are like that... Still others probably started learning after watching some stuff from here...

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Nov 1st, '04, 21:04

Since everybody is listing theirs I might as well.... :w00t:

Swedish: fluently (I'm not blond nor do I have blue eyes)
English: fluently
Cantonese: fluently
Mandarin: semi fluently
French: fluently
Vietnamese: fluently
Japanese: basic (I can make myself understandable to other but that's the limit)
(Korean: a few words here, some phrase there but I'd like to improve :P )

seira

Post by seira » Nov 2nd, '04, 03:03

shirahime wrote:Since everybody is listing theirs I might as well.... :w00t:

Swedish: fluently (I'm not blond nor do I have blue eyes)
English: fluently
Cantonese: fluently
Mandarin: semi fluently
French: fluently
Vietnamese: fluently
Japanese: basic (I can make myself understandable to other but that's the limit)
(Korean: a few words here, some phrase there but I'd like to improve :P )
wow! that is amazing!

i'm a chinese but since i lived in japan for 7 and half years and i now live in US, i speak chinese, japanese, and english fluently.

mz_tracy

Post by mz_tracy » Nov 2nd, '04, 03:27

cantonese: fluently
mandarin: semi fluently
french: fluently
spanish: basic, took one year of spanish in grade 10, but that's about it
Japanese: <b>VERY</b> little, only picked up a few phrase and words here and there from watching anime.

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » Nov 2nd, '04, 23:43

u guys know so many languages!! well, i am chinese so basically, i am fluent in cantonese and mandarin, i can read only traditional chinese but not simplified, and i write really ugly chinese :P i am also fluent in english but need improvement on my vocabulary :) now i am trying to learn korean on my own :D one shameful thing is that i have taken french for five years and the only words i know are how to count from one to ten :lol :cry: :blink :crazy: :glare: :O

Mort

Post by Mort » Nov 7th, '04, 12:02

The language of living dead, English and Polish.

Frozen2kx

Post by Frozen2kx » Nov 7th, '04, 13:32

Im Filipino :lol Even though we live jack right in the middle of China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan. Our language have no resemblance to any of those countries. :P Our language kinda sounds like spanish but i dont know jack s*** about spanish exept for some words that we have in common. Right now I live in New York so im pretty fluent in english. I guess im no fob :mrgreen:

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Nov 7th, '04, 15:32

I speak English, Dutch and French proficiently - too bad all of the Dutch dramas here are pretty terrible! I became interested in Japanese dramas when I took a course in Uni a few years ago - but never did get up to a high enough level to understand the whole story without subs.

lazy

Post by lazy » Nov 8th, '04, 03:54

i speak english, french , and chinese

the_prince413

Post by the_prince413 » Nov 9th, '04, 20:32

hahah yea i think the majority has to rely on those SUBTITLES for the sake of our selves!

Yadirs

Post by Yadirs » Nov 9th, '04, 21:07

I know italian, spanish and english, of course :P
..:: F4 & Ito Hideaki ADDICTED ::..
Watching => [Gung] [ISWAK] [HyD 2nd season]
http://www.drama-italiancafe.net/

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Nov 10th, '04, 05:28

Well the only languages i know are Tagalog and English, :cry: I'm kind of picking up some phrases in Japanese and Korean, but I still need the subtitles to help me with the other stuff. But their mannerisms do help when watching dramas without subs. I need to learn more languages. Uhh only if I have more time to take language courses.
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Dec 13th, '05, 03:42

as i was browsing with the *general discussion* forum.. i came accross with this thread and found out the last post was november 10, 2004.. it's been a year already huh... what a shame hahahahaha :lol so, i decided to take this thread back into life...

ok get back to the subject... i speak Cebuano as my dialect, i also speak Tagalog as our national language in Philippines, also English as International language.. and a bit or say basic Mandarin (Chinese language). i wish i could have learn more about Mandarin. :-)
ImageImage

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 13th, '05, 03:56

i am not that fluent in chinese. i understood mainly cantonese because my mom speaks it. i'm from malaysia so naturally i speak fluently malay and english. a little bit of japanese.japanese language is easiest to pick up by listening.

shinko

Post by shinko » Dec 13th, '05, 04:24

I'm from Malaysia too! :D

i know how to speak and write mandarin coz i studied mandarin until secondary school. I understand cantonese( because cantonese dramas are always aired on tv) and foochow ( my parents speak it)...but most of the time i speak english

classyangel

Post by classyangel » Dec 13th, '05, 05:07

hey im from malaysia too! =)

i speak english, malay and chinese. Well not really. I'm bad at it but I understand. Hokkien to be specific!

I've been watching anime alot before starting korean dramas very recently so the Korean language at first sounded strange coz I was used to hearing Japanese so often but now i love it!

I can understand abit of japanese as well

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 13th, '05, 05:19

that's cool the three of us are msian and we all can speak chinese.well i don't speak*i only understand it*

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 13th, '05, 05:33

I rely on subtitles :-( I'll be studying japanese next fall so hopefully i will be able to help translate dramas someday :D
Thanks to twinnie for the beautiful sig and to other BONchu''s!

Childhoodless

Post by Childhoodless » Dec 13th, '05, 05:38

I know a good deal of Korean, but most of the time still rely on subtitles. I guess it's mostly because I'm too lazy to actually listen to the people talking, and just read. If I actually pay full attention, I can pick up most of what people say.

Schala

Post by Schala » Dec 13th, '05, 06:35

I'm only fluent in English. Lol.

But I know some Spanish, French, and Japanese. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, but I never really used it, so I think I forgot a lot of it. I took a semester of French in college, but I wasn't too fond of the language (no offense to any of our French posters!). I've just learned some Japanese here and there from anime and doramas. I tried to teach myself with Japanese, but I just don't have the ability to teach myself a language it seems. :/ But at this point, I probably know more Japanese than I do French or Spanish, since I've forgotten a lot of it. XD

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 13th, '05, 06:41

Though I'm trilingual, I need to rely on subs to understand. I can capture some words but not the most.

sze_sze

Post by sze_sze » Dec 13th, '05, 06:44

cantonese is my first language... followed by english... now picking up more manderin... so i can read chinese subtitles while watching taiwanese dramas... and trying to learn japanaese

:thumright:

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Dec 13th, '05, 08:02

i know Japanese :D i'm currently studying the language :mrgreen: i can also speak tagalog which is my native language ne :P
7=1 Jaebeom oppa come back already~!!!! :cry:

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 13th, '05, 08:09

I'm Know Hmong and English proficiently.

the other AZN one i know is:
Taiwanese (a lot but not much........Hey you missed that on the POST)

i can speak French and read Latin but it will take some time.
:mrgreen:
Last edited by gsr_raver on Dec 13th, '05, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON OVER!, Spirits
WHY DONT YOU DO YOUR BEST?
なぜベストを尽くさないのか?

love_crisis

Post by love_crisis » Dec 13th, '05, 08:23

I know Japanese a little. I can listen what they talk but can't spelling or reading. Hehe...
But in the future, I have a plan to study chinese.

classyangel

Post by classyangel » Dec 13th, '05, 08:29

hey im from malaysia too! =)

i speak english, malay and chinese. Well not really. I'm bad at it but I understand. Hokkien to be specific!

I've been watching anime alot before starting korean dramas very recently so the Korean language at first sounded strange coz I was used to hearing Japanese so often but now i love it!

I can understand abit of japanese as well

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Dec 13th, '05, 10:39

I can speak/read/write Dutch and English fluently, speak Cantonese and a Chinese dialect semi fluently(the only free things in my life :lol ), speak/read/write Mandarin/German/French quasi fluently :P, and I picked up some Korean words/sentences from dramas. The past few months I've been trying to teach myself some Korean(I got myself a few personal tutors :D). And next year I hope to study Mandarin for a year in China.
Last edited by kwon on Jan 16th, '06, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Lantis

Post by Lantis » Dec 13th, '05, 15:13

hm...i can speak german/vietnamese/french and english fluently.
latin translation also,but it is a dead language ^^
and im learning chinese right now..but its still hard to understand chinese :(

easy

Post by easy » Dec 13th, '05, 20:42

None Asian related, but i can German, English, little bit Latin (not speaking ;))

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Dec 13th, '05, 22:45

German: fluently speaking / listening / reading / writing
English: quasi fluently speaking / writing, fluently listening / reading
French: not much left from my school days, but I can read a menu, order food and ask for directions
Japanese: started learning a few months ago, so there's not much yet, but in a few months it will be better than my French skills

ana ^-^

Post by ana ^-^ » Dec 13th, '05, 22:57

i can speak/read/write both arabic and english :P
i understand but i can't speak it fluently :x : japanese, hindi, Mandarin and korean

beldaran

Post by beldaran » Dec 13th, '05, 23:11

i'm fluent in...

english
tagalog (filipino nat'l lang)
hiligaynon (filipino dialect)

i understand...

some french (although it's been a while since i've studied)
japanese (i've abandoned speaking for reading and listening, by the time i was in 4th year modern lit... i actually decided to study japanese because i intended to go to the business school)
some spanish

i want to learn...

mandarin chinese (i've been wanting to learn mandarin since i was 6.. my bf won't teach me.. but he speaks like a 7 year old apparently.. he laughs at my pronounciation when i try, because it doesn't make any sense XD trying to plough through a book in mandarin chinese, dictionary-in-hand.. i've finished one chapter =p)
maybe vietnamese (my best friend is viet and i like just chillin' when ppl don't think i can understand what they're saying)
more spanish
korean (i have a fascination with phonetic spelling in non-romanized alphabets)
italian (just because)
swahili (we did an analysis of set words/phrases for morphology.. and i want to take it apart some more)

i've found that there's no way i can learn...

welsh
gaelic

nytifagurl

Post by nytifagurl » Dec 13th, '05, 23:16

i know english and chinese (mandarin) ... can understand some spanish and limited japanese... all learned from my dramas & animes!! :D but its time to take a japanese class... *crosses fingers that it will fit in my schedule next year* :)

Galan

Post by Galan » Dec 13th, '05, 23:20

Erm, English(first language), German semi-fluently(continuing to work on it), and just beginning the conquest of Japanese. I have a bunch of other languages that I intend to learn, though, most notably Russian.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Dec 13th, '05, 23:21

I think the only language that I'm fluent in all areas is English... although I can read/speak/understand Mandarin, my writing is horrible.
But I've been learning French for 4 years, and Japanese for 2 years. My Japanese is better than my French, though o_O.
I really want to learn German and Korean.

BoX

Post by BoX » Dec 14th, '05, 00:23

Well I'm proficient in all forms of Bulgarian language, obviously because it's my native language. Then comes English, which I can read/listen fluently (thanks to movies and PC) but my writing/speaking is bad (haven't been using it for long time since I gammar lessons in high school). Also have some dim memories of Russian, learned way back in the elementary school. At some time in the University I took German lessons, but never actually used it, so it's fadin away like Russian. Also can understand a little Serbian, mainly because its neighbouring country and is in the same language group with the Bulgarian.

[D-W]Katsu

Post by [D-W]Katsu » Dec 14th, '05, 00:41

i' m french so i speak french :)

i can read english, i can hardly write something in english, and i can't speak english :(
i 've learn during 4 years german but i 've never succes to read, write or speak this language :(

that all

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Dec 14th, '05, 00:45

I know english ( can read and write and speak) tagalog (can speak and can read and write REALLY slow) Visaya (learning how to speak it) Spanish (can sort of speak/read/write) :-)
Thanks to twinnie for the beautiful sig and to other BONchu''s!

Cinderella

Post by Cinderella » Dec 14th, '05, 23:37

i know english, malay :cheers:
i cant speak chinese but i can understand what they say :salut:
japanese still learning from the movies i;ve been downloaded and also korean :scratch:
spanish Hablo un pocito espanol solamente :unsure:
french i took this class last summer :whistling:

wing_wing1

Post by wing_wing1 » Dec 14th, '05, 23:44

Cantonese is my native language, but as i have been living in the United Kingdom for years, my english is as good as my cantonese. i also speak mandarin very well. i am currently learning portuguese, and i did some japanese lessons last year, so i do tend to try to understand the j-drama without looking at the subtitles given.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 14th, '05, 23:49

Fluent in:
English and Tagalog (Filipino)

So-so in:
Fukien (old Taiwanese type language - mom speaks it fluently) and Mandarin - NOT NEARLY enough to do without subs though =(

Learning:
Japanese - of course!
Korean - picking up bits and pieces

:thumright:
Last edited by ballistic88 on Dec 16th, '05, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 15th, '05, 03:32

Chinese: FJ & mandarin (but I cannot read any chinese)
English

I need english subs to watch Kdramas

asiankungfugeneration2004

Languages

Post by asiankungfugeneration2004 » Dec 15th, '05, 03:38

I speak English and Japanese fluently. I also have some Spanish abilty since I studied that in High School as well as Japanese.

I'm looking into picking up Mandarin sometime in the future. Of couse by saying "picking up" I really mean dedicating a lot of chair time 8)

urchin

Post by urchin » Dec 15th, '05, 13:30

watakushi wa taitei eigo ga hanashimasu. This fall I tooked Jpn 101... watakushi wa nihongo no kurasu arimashita. Ima, watakushi wa nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu. Hiragana de yomimasu, Katakana de yomimasu. Sanjuu kanji yomimasu. Suteki, ne!

arcticbleue

Post by arcticbleue » Dec 15th, '05, 15:22

I'm chinese .. but i know only english ... been teased alot in school for being a banana (yellow outside white inside). but it's ok .. i live in Malaysia so there're lotsa people like me ... i know Malay very well tho ... i studied Malay in school (it was compulsory) and i can speak abit of cantonese ( i know most of da bad words!) which is essential if i wanna buy food from chinese hawkers in town.

I changed my school last year 2 a chinese medium school .. wHOA!!... i almost died .. everyone spoke mandarin!! and i don't understand mandarin at aLL! I was totally lost ... i didn't fit in ..i was a classified under da english-speaking group ... which is a dying breed in that school. Although i'm taught in English and Malay ... it was kinda difficult 2 communicate with my classmates ... Now i can speak abit of mandarin ... but i have a weird slang! :P

I rely on subtitles when watchin dramas .. hope to take up mandarin and japanese soon!

usagineko-chan

Post by usagineko-chan » Dec 15th, '05, 19:17

Hey I only know English and Spanish but at least it's something!
Note: Japanese speak Spanish perfectly I might add...good job! :thumright:
:w00t: Floppy eared bunnies!

dinkimoo

Post by dinkimoo » Dec 15th, '05, 19:36

I speak fluent cantonese, so I can watch those oh-so-good TVB dramas. Tried to learn Japanese using Pimsleur, so I know some tourist phrases like "I don't speak Japanese" and "This is my wife" (never going to use that one), and I've picked up some odd words from manga/anime. Oh, and I speak English fluently. Can't speak mandarin or read chinese though :(

cees

Post by cees » Dec 18th, '05, 00:04

well i know arabic and english.....took leesons in french(didn't succeded).....knows word in Japanese from the dramas
ImageImage

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 18th, '05, 00:07

Vietnamese is not up there so I can't vote

cees

Post by cees » Dec 18th, '05, 00:13

OvertheRainbow wrote:Vietnamese is not up there so I can't vote
u can say non of the above :glare:
ImageImage

vang_shua

Post by vang_shua » Dec 18th, '05, 00:27

All i know is that i depend on subtitle... I only know ENGLISH... maybe alittle spanish but that it... Well i'm a Hmong but i only know how to speak it... not writing or reading... how DISAPPOINTING :-( ... but at least i could talk and understand than that ok :-) ...

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Dec 23rd, '05, 21:06

I Speak English and spanish. and a miniscule ammount of Japanese. I CAN watch shows without subtitles, but I get lost rather quickly if I do, thus I would much rather watch subbed shows.

Nyanko

Post by Nyanko » Dec 24th, '05, 08:17

日本人ですが I am fluent in English after having studied in Canada for almost 7 years now. Je parle aussi un peu de francais y un poco de espanol. Me gusta hablar espanol mais pas francais parce que c'est trop difficile a prononcer.

Rupugus

Post by Rupugus » Dec 24th, '05, 08:19

Nyanko wrote:日本人ですが I am fluent in English after having studied in Canada for almost 7 years now. Je parle aussi un peu de francais y un poco de espanol. Me gusta hablar espanol mais pas francais parce que c'est trop difficile a prononcer.
hah, I speak a little french too... I can't believe I understood every word of that quatri-lingual post! :D

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 24th, '05, 17:55

Arabic - English- A lil Bit of Japanese.

XTC1212

hmm let's see

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 25th, '05, 04:47

I speak fluent english (american english) since i go to school in american and in college at the moment. I took 4 years of spanish but dont remember much b/c i hated the language. Taking japanese as my minor now and just finished first quarter and it rocks. After japanese going to start on mandarin/cantonese but that's way after i'm proficient. i can speak thai fluently since my parents are thai and i've watch enough thai dramas to last me a lifetime. I can understand 90-100% of thai unless they use some ancient tongues or sayings that only old people know or understand. :goggle: I listen to a lot of japanese/chinese songs and wish i understood it. well it's only my first quarter taking japanese so i didnt expect much. I did memorize hiragana and katakana along with around 70 kanji -_- which still doesnt help me much. Well i don't know when thai will really be useful in my life but at least it's another language to know.i never thought of learning korean even though i went to a 15% korean high school. I know more tagalog since half my friends are philipino. oh well that's it for my languages. I envy those who dont need subtitles to watch, i know from watching thai shows subbed in english that you cant always get the same meaning off of subs :glare:

dEvIlDuDe

Post by dEvIlDuDe » Dec 26th, '05, 02:39

^^even if you don't use thai... its a very good plus to you since you know more than one language.... cool to see that you speak tagalog too ....yeh I only speak English and tagalog...

Da-tenshi

Post by Da-tenshi » Dec 26th, '05, 09:04

I am bilingual..I know English and Russian...:-) I was studying japanese and i know abit and can understand some stuff... :lol but still rely mostly on subtitles. ^__^
私を 哀しみのメロディーが
光輝く 絶望の 夢の 舞台へ

Catinka

Post by Catinka » Dec 26th, '05, 09:08

I can speak Spanish,German,English,French,Italian my next will be Japanese! :lol

razor_impulse

Post by razor_impulse » Dec 26th, '05, 09:36

I can speak Tagalog, Kapampanga, and English of course. But I believe in order to be called "Asian" the new generation should at least know 3 major Asian languages Chinese, Korean and Japanese. I am in the process of trying to learn Japanese. I think learning Chinese would benefit people in the future especially China is continually growing in Informaton Technology business will be good in the High Tech Sector. My goal is to learn all 3 languages in the next couple years of my life. Belated Merry Christmas(Maligayang Pasko in Tagalog) to everybody

shimy bimy

Post by shimy bimy » Dec 26th, '05, 09:38

i know arabic and english,,,and now i started to learn a couple of japanese words!
u see, u like, u try, u fail...mEaNwHiLe...i see, i like, i want, i get!

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Dec 26th, '05, 10:01

Many people here seem to want to learn Japanese... :-)

I'm fluent in English and Spanish in both speaking/reading/writing portion, and currently self-studying Japanese but I'm going to start Japanese 101 this upcoming month.

I would like to completely forget English and just concentrate on speaking, reading and writing Japanese. I want to completely blend in with Japanese society and talk more fluently, almost, if not, like a native. It doesn't matter what anyone says as some might disagree with me.

shimy bimy

Post by shimy bimy » Dec 26th, '05, 10:02

i think that's co0o0ol!
i wish i could learn japanese!!
u see, u like, u try, u fail...mEaNwHiLe...i see, i like, i want, i get!

CuTiE 100%

Post by CuTiE 100% » Dec 26th, '05, 10:05

hope to learn japanese

aki_chan_15

Post by aki_chan_15 » Dec 26th, '05, 23:36

japanese and of course, english!

splur

Post by splur » Dec 27th, '05, 03:30

I know Chinese. Attempting to learn Japanese... failing terribly though. I understand J-dramas and anime sometimes without looking at the subtitles, but hardly.

akira_shock

Post by akira_shock » Dec 27th, '05, 10:38

im fluent in english, i can understand japanese but my speaking isnt as great..i can read hiragana an the really easy kannji... an i can understand/speak a LITTLE bit of korean