How do you to spend you time if you don’t have a bf/gf?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
freerose

How do you to spend you time if you don’t have a bf/gf?

Post by freerose » Sep 7th, '06, 15:53

What is the best way to spend you time if you don’t have a boyfriend/girlfriend to hang around with?
Or
What is the best way to spend you time if you just break up?

wasteland

Post by wasteland » Sep 7th, '06, 15:59

Drinking beers with your friends is one of the best ways or whatching k-drama offcourse :-)
Last edited by wasteland on Sep 7th, '06, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

cool_kickin_dude

Post by cool_kickin_dude » Sep 7th, '06, 16:00

I pretty much just ride around, even though there isn't anything to find in my town

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Sep 7th, '06, 16:22

Join a fansub group.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 7th, '06, 16:39

looking for new bf/gf? :-)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Sep 7th, '06, 16:46

@nikochanr3 - Whats a bf/gf?! And what do you do with one if you find one?

valory

Post by valory » Sep 7th, '06, 17:06

pokute wrote:@nikochanr3 - Whats a bf/gf?! And what do you do with one if you find one?
I think I saw nikochan use a bf/gf to stabilize his wainscoting. Or, I think he was using a bf/gf, it all went so fast...

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Sep 7th, '06, 17:08

Yow! My WAINSCOTING is yawing, and pitching!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 7th, '06, 17:11

come on, i have to work at least a LITTLE. allow my abbreviation.

BOYFRIEND / GIRLFRIEND.

sheesh..... :glare:

valory

Post by valory » Sep 7th, '06, 17:24

nikochanr3 wrote:come on, i have to work at least a LITTLE. allow my abbreviation.

BOYFRIEND / GIRLFRIEND.

sheesh..... :glare:
Mmm, so if it wasn't a bf/gf you were using, what DID you use to stabilize that wainscoting that day? Or maybe,.. I was wrong about that wainscoting too.
Im confused :goggle:

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Sep 7th, '06, 17:38

ummm...what? I think this thread lost it's meaning... :lol I mean, wainscoting?

Anyways...back to topic. I guess I never had a gf but if I broke up with one, I would just watch dramas and concentrate on something like school or work more. It might be easier said then done. Who knows..Maybe I'll be moping around all day...

groink

Post by groink » Sep 7th, '06, 19:22

Live life. That's all.

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Sep 7th, '06, 19:57

one thing keep busy, do what you like. watch doramas, you know stuffz....

MissMisa

Post by MissMisa » Sep 8th, '06, 00:20

I just broke up with my boyfriend recently, but thankfully it was a good break up. Been hanging out with friends, watching dorama/anime. Probably should start getting into shape again :lol As long as you don't dwell upon wanting one or getting over one, you should be fine 8)

wewa

...read this thread...

Post by wewa » Sep 8th, '06, 01:09

LOL :w00t:

:alcoholic:

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Sep 8th, '06, 01:12

watch more dramas

XD

you're here anyway!

skachild

Post by skachild » Sep 8th, '06, 01:31

wasteland wrote:Drinking beers with your friends is one of the best ways or whatching k-drama offcourse :-)
agree with u on this one.... drink beer and have a laugh with all your friends until one of ur starting to get drunk... hahaha...... :lol :lol :lol

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Sep 13th, '06, 21:42

what i do....

If school, I go school and go home and study and sleep.

If no school....i would watch drama, anime, and go on forum. Would also hang out with friends and family. Go play badminton or tennis.

Just keep myself from being bored.
Sometimes I would just take the time to let my mind wonder and let it think what it wants to.

Doesn't sound like fun, but its good enough enough for me

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Sep 13th, '06, 21:56

lol maybe school work friends movies and exercise?
and come on... lol it's not everyone in the work or reality world has a girlfriend/bf..

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Sep 14th, '06, 20:33

life doesn't revolve around bf and gf

when in school do the hw,go to class, lunching with friends and study with them

weekend;we go dinner, just hanging out at home,i don't know a whole bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

if i have a bf i don't think it will affect me that much. except more phone conversation

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Sep 14th, '06, 22:33

... hmmm... without... watching some more dramas, spending time with family... and friends. ^^
Things like that... ^-^
Also... I can spend time on drawing... or writing leters and other things. ^^
Hehehe... ^^
It's not so bad not to have a boyfriend. ^^

MinaPi

Post by MinaPi » Sep 16th, '06, 18:17

LOOKING FOR A NEW BOYFRIEND!!!

Icalcan

Post by Icalcan » Sep 16th, '06, 19:13

pokute wrote:@nikochanr3 - Whats a bf/gf?! And what do you do with one if you find one?
When I teach English and try to have some fun in the class and make students laugh, especially with abbreviations, I say bf stands for breakfast (Do you want to have a breakfast?) and gf is grandfather (Who/How is your grandfather?) All of them wonder why! and then I explain that it's a joke. It works because they turn and ask me later, Who is your grandfather? and I say he is dead. :D

I agree with many of the posts in this thread. If you are involved in junior studies, don't think about bf/gf. It will happen when you go to a college or a university. Don't waste your precious time thinking about, "oh that guy has a pretty gf", "wow that girl has a hunk." It's simply wasting your intelligence and energy for something that might not work and/or ultimately hurt your feelings. Be independent by feelings and actions.

Concentrate on your studies and make up your career/future first. That's the most important matter you face, because you are living in a fierce global market and people are trying to get jobs in anywhere they can. Your bf/gf may not be able to help you when you are in a financial/emotional dire strait.

One more thing, don't get influenced by the media and the dramas. Their main purpose is to sell their marketing ideas and eventually goods (things=crap) to you.

nedayaj

Post by nedayaj » Sep 20th, '06, 23:04

I AGREE with everyone... Focus on studies...
In away i love watching series, but yet i hate it because it always interferes with my time. Right now i'm like cutting all media stuff away from me. I am refusing to watch Dramas... It totally screws up ur brain.

During my time being single, I meet friends and excersize. I love to excersize and play sports. That is what keeps me to be a happy person... When i'm super bored, i'll watch dramas... I'll preferr dancing or doing things though.

zippyflu

Post by zippyflu » Sep 24th, '06, 15:33

MinaPi wrote:LOOKING FOR A NEW BOYFRIEND!!!
tell me about it.. all my girl-friends wanna break up with their bf's and im like.. dont talk to me...cuz then if they said.. well ryan (which is me) said we should break up... then im the cause of their break up.. not becuase they are all panies and dont know how to treat a girl rite..
i have enough school work and work to keep my occupied.. i dont have enough time to hang out wit my friends let alone i have time for a gf.. i do have have time to hook up though :thumright:

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep 25th, '06, 00:47

My boyfriend just dumped me like 1 week ago. But we're still talking almost everyday. He says he still loves me. Gee... makes it very difficult for me to let go. :cry:

At the same time, I have 3 guys who wants to be my boyfriend to help me get over him... Is it a good idea?

I sleep most of the time, and I catch up on my anime and dramas when awake... if I'm not sulking.

Or I wander around this forum posting my photos and posting my details in the matchmaking thread.. Hahaha :D

Falcon1309

Post by Falcon1309 » Sep 25th, '06, 01:08

I don't really think or worry about it much.

-Falcon

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Sep 25th, '06, 01:10

Cub wrote:My boyfriend just dumped me like 1 week ago. But we're still talking almost everyday. He says he still loves me. Gee... makes it very difficult for me to let go. :cry:

At the same time, I have 3 guys who wants to be my boyfriend to help me get over him... Is it a good idea?

I sleep most of the time, and I catch up on my anime and dramas when awake... if I'm not sulking.

Or I wander around this forum posting my photos and posting my details in the matchmaking thread.. Hahaha :D
haha if u got time why not try out one of those wanna be ur bf as a friend. simply hang out with them and stuff.

for me, my work is pretty much over although i do have to work 10 hrs within the whole week for pool cleaning. anyhow im gonna have to start think of something to do when this college aplplying thing is over... garr

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Sep 25th, '06, 06:19

hmmm, well I'm married....soooo if I broke up with my husband, that will be very terrible after all these years....I'll be crying my eyes out, and fasting, stopped watching dramas, then become a hermit :lol....can females be hermit or is it just for male?....I won't want anybody else :lol....

berserk

Post by berserk » Sep 25th, '06, 08:39

As a fiercely independent person, I actually prefer not having a gf; they're a waste of my time, emotions, and money. There are many things you can do with your spare time (when not working or studying). Go learn a new language, pick up a new musical instrument, do volunteer work, start a business, play sports, discover a new hobby, download/watch dramas with friends, etc... The possibilities are endless. I find that I'm the happiest and most productive when not in a relationship. When it's time to settle down and get married, I'll just find a suitable wife. It's best to be practical/rational in regards to romance. it will spare you a lot of unnecessary pain.

Cub

Post by Cub » Sep 25th, '06, 08:55

pwner4once wrote:haha if u got time why not try out one of those wanna be ur bf as a friend. simply hang out with them and stuff.

for me, my work is pretty much over although i do have to work 10 hrs within the whole week for pool cleaning. anyhow im gonna have to start think of something to do when this college aplplying thing is over... garr
Hahahaha... 3 of the guys, one is in US, one is in Japan, one is in Singapore...

Currently, I'm looping this video to death to past my time

malibu400

Post by malibu400 » Sep 30th, '06, 17:07

party with friends at night and watch dramas with friends in the day! YAY :lol

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 5th, '08, 02:32

Study / work / sports

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » May 5th, '08, 02:57

Enjoying a glass of wine whilst reading a good book.. Painting.. Thinking.. Studying..

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 5th, '08, 03:00

me surfing partying...@jscorpio didnt know you paint....

xbatio66

Post by xbatio66 » May 5th, '08, 03:14

sleep,watch anime/dramas/movies,guitar, and drink!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » May 5th, '08, 03:17

What time? With full time school, with a fairly difficult major, two part time jobs, each 20hrs/wk, and fansubbing, I don't have any time left. :P Works marvelously.

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » May 5th, '08, 03:17

slowmoe wrote:@jscorpio didnt know you paint....
Yes, very much so.. And you??

First Class Wota

Post by First Class Wota » May 5th, '08, 03:19

FACT: No one on D-addicts has ever or will ever have a gf/bf.

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 5th, '08, 03:21

@firstclasswota....lol.....@jscorpio....paintings boring...rather go surfing....hangout @the beach....biking.....

mitch16

Post by mitch16 » May 5th, '08, 03:49

watch k-dramas.... let all my emotions flow out as i cry along with the actors....lol!

Halfass

Post by Halfass » May 5th, '08, 04:19

Jscorpio wrote:Enjoying a glass of wine whilst reading a good book.. Painting.. Thinking.. Studying..
Do you get to spend your days painting?

In my home in Marseilles, I had designated one huge room solely for painting. Whenever I'm in some boring meeting, lunch, or class I often fantasize about being in front of a canvas, painting with ferocious intensity. Aah, it must be heavenly, oui?

groink

Post by groink » May 5th, '08, 04:26

First Class Wota wrote:FACT: No one on D-addicts has ever or will ever have a gf/bf.
I don't know where you got that idea. Some of us guys get our share of sushi.

--- groink

N-chan

Post by N-chan » May 6th, '08, 12:58

Surf the net, have online chats with my friends, watch J-Drama and tokusatsu :-)

starbrella

Post by starbrella » May 6th, '08, 13:15

There's a ton of things to do: shopping, spending more time with the family (u most likely forgot about when ur going out), hang out with frds, enjoy ur freedom (while it last), work/study, websurf, excercise, j-drama, etc.

gnossienneslent

Post by gnossienneslent » May 6th, '08, 13:35

groinKick wrote:
First Class Wota wrote:FACT: No one on D-addicts has ever or will ever have a gf/bf.
I don't know where you got that idea. Some of us guys get our share of sushi.
*shivers... manages to keep down dinner*

Um, groink, you know them barbies don't count.

*runs to bathroom to scrub*

no for you today

Basuha

OMG, IT HURTS MY HEART TO THINK ABOUT IT

Post by Basuha » May 6th, '08, 13:58

My boyfriend is so HOT, he have a killer smile and the sexy lips and I love his body.....so to answer your question I would just have to die Ha Ha Ha . Seriously if I broke up with my boyfriend I think I would put more effort in my family, friends and work. I was a happy person before he come into my life, so I wil continue to be happy person without him. When one door close another open is my motto.....After some time has pass I will look for a NEW person to share my life with.

zyrene

Re: OMG, IT HURTS MY HEART TO THINK ABOUT IT

Post by zyrene » May 6th, '08, 14:31

Basuha wrote:My boyfriend is so HOT, he have a killer smile and the sexy lips and I love his body.....so to answer your question I would just have to die Ha Ha Ha . Seriously if I broke up with my boyfriend I think I would put more effort in my family, friends and work. I was a happy person before he come into my life, so I wil continue to be happy person without him. When one door close another open is my motto.....After some time has pass I will look for a NEW person to share my life with.
your life is unfair.. u were happy before you have a boyfriend and when you got yur boyfriend u were still happy... thats just so unfair. lol :D

EniramNocer

Post by EniramNocer » May 7th, '08, 03:48

Spend time with yourself playa.

What I do is spend more time at the gym and outside. I'll look at what the city is doing and see if there are any events or group activities going on and plug myself into it.

When I'm lazy to do that, however, I'll just sit back, download the latest anime or vid, and watch till I can't watch them no more.

Self investment is the best thing to do, no matter what it is. :)

Ruka707

Post by Ruka707 » Jul 8th, '08, 13:34

Spend more time with friends and enjoy freedom~ XD

syazchill

Post by syazchill » Jul 27th, '08, 11:44

just hang out with your friends. they'll certainly put off your mind from thinking about your past relationship :-)

ryc3

Post by ryc3 » Jul 27th, '08, 11:50

someone define "Girl Friend" for me. :P Anyways, I would live life.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 27th, '08, 12:14

Watch jdramas (like many others here), listen music, 50's & 60's, western: what's played on radio, pop/rock.
Draw (haven't done that lately though), read books/manga, I like to play the piano and acoustic guitar, even though I'm not that good. :)
Spend time with family (I love our dog, he's really a joy in my life). To be true I don't have any real friends. I have one really good online friend from Germany though. :)
I don't drink or have (can't have) a drivers license.

pumahmistress

Post by pumahmistress » Jul 30th, '08, 09:44

I had a really bad breakup a couple of months ago and the best thing for me to do was to leave town with friends and go somewhere else to party. We took weekend trips together to other cities just to hang out and know that we wouldn't risk running into anyone we knew.

Friends always help.

Otherwise I usually hang out with friends, listen to music, work out, go the movies ...normal things.

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jul 30th, '08, 10:14

What do can you do when you don't have a bf/gf? Obviously, anything you want... Okay, maybe that was a little too nonchalant, but the answer works just fine.

As for me, I've never had one and probably never will get one. I find that it is because I think I might be a little misanthropic. I'm not really interested in forming relationships that involve any ACTIVE participation. Still, never seem at lost at what to do with my time...

newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jul 31st, '08, 15:44

Basically, now that my girl is away, I constantly think of her.
Every single minute im alone, i think of her and miss her.
It gets a little better when im with friends, but still, its annyoing, because I want to be with her every single minute of my life.
Wel...nothing i can do to help, other than being patient and wait for next year.
cheers mates

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Sep 21st, '08, 15:19

I play some sports, computer games, do some photography works anything to keep me occupied ( maybe this is too much perhaps).. honestly I only had to serious relationships...

red-bucket trace

Post by red-bucket trace » Oct 3rd, '08, 07:15

I just ended a serious relationship and have no intentions of finding a new bf for quite a while..

So, what do I do with my free time when I don't have friends to hang out with? (I'm quite the loner)..... Read books. Lots of books. Heaps of books. Random books. Oh and also increase my drama watching :roll

Elien

Post by Elien » Oct 3rd, '08, 07:37

The question should be: "Where can I find the time to spend with my boyfriend?"
Going to school, working, training... I am glad that I still have mood to watch dorama in the evening, sometimes @_@

skirara

Post by skirara » Oct 9th, '08, 07:35

Crying myself to sleep every night, noting the lack of breath tingling my ear, the weight of an arm around my waist, and sweet plush lips that taste of love, realizing that there will never be a strong man beside me....

XD naaaaaah~ college-ing, homework-ing, drawing, drama-ing, and boy-scouting with my girlfriends, if you know what I mean. I think Im screwed in the latter field though, my friend has my entire art class thinking Im some sort of pervert.

Ah, and there was a reaaaaaally awesome guy in that class too >///< DAMN HER.

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Oct 9th, '08, 16:10

^you need hercules

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 9th, '08, 16:53

MissMisa wrote:I just broke up with my boyfriend recently, but thankfully it was a good break up. Been hanging out with friends, watching dorama/anime. Probably should start getting into shape again :lol As long as you don't dwell upon wanting one or getting over one, you should be fine 8)
I've never heard of a good break up but the rest I can agree with lol

Xandal

Post by Xandal » Oct 14th, '08, 10:59

I'm really busy. School for me doesn't get out until practically 3 and immediately after I have to practice until 5. 3 days of the week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are all taken up by the gym for another 2 hours, dinner, and homework. And in a week or two, I'll be even busier once my club starts up again and my friends is about to as well. Saturday's are taken up by cross country meets and coming home to just nearly pass out from exhaustion. And... It's about that time that I get my last college visits in so I'm super busy traveling on Saturday as well. Sunday is really my only free day, but I don't really do much. I've only got a few friends and they all live far away from me. And I'm getting a job in the next week or so as well to take up my last bit of free time on the weekends. One of them is close, but he's just as busy as I am. Been single for years, and it kinda sucks :/ But I don't have the time to maintain a relationship... Let alone try and find a girl that I like. Going to an all male military school sucks :< That's MY life. Boring and all, but I guess since I stay up late that's the only way I can watch doramas and anime.

Now! To comment on someone's life that isn't mine.

@Elien - What do you mean by training? Like, at the gym kinda stuff? If so, ask your boyfriend to go with you. I know I'd go, the gym is a fun place.

b0o

Post by b0o » Oct 24th, '08, 16:28

lols i just watch dramas thats why i love daddicts lol

patrickkity

Post by patrickkity » Oct 25th, '08, 13:32

hmmm, what i do is i go walk to the park sometimes or bike around the places where i live to get the stress outta me :lol

lucus_clyne

Post by lucus_clyne » Nov 4th, '08, 06:19

go out and have fun with your friends like bar hopping, movie trips, etc. Also, you should get yourself busy in anyway you can. that's some of the things that you can do aside from crying all day because of break up or something.

little_jen

Post by little_jen » Nov 4th, '08, 10:19

I usually do when I'm not into a relationship I hang out with my friends to meet new friends or I'll take a vacation to a place that no one know me.

LiL_gianT23

Post by LiL_gianT23 » Nov 15th, '08, 09:55

i never had a boyfriend. the no-boyfriend-since-birth quote works for me.

yulia

Post by yulia » Dec 5th, '08, 19:24

only hang out with my best friends

kavoos

Post by kavoos » Dec 5th, '08, 19:38

i dont have a GF but i`m doin fine some of the time i feel i lack one but its better not to be with any chick for me,since they are so tempting i don wanna commit any more sins i use my pc,ride around city,thats all it is

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 20:06

nedayaj wrote:I AGREE with everyone... Focus on studies...
In away i love watching series, but yet i hate it because it always interferes with my time. Right now i'm like cutting all media stuff away from me. I am refusing to watch Dramas... It totally screws up ur brain.

During my time being single, I meet friends and excersize. I love to excersize and play sports. That is what keeps me to be a happy person... When i'm super bored, i'll watch dramas... I'll preferr dancing or doing things though.
Hey, same here. I love to exercise and play sports. That's all i ever do eversince I finished high school and college. I find exercise relieves stress, i guess you can say I feel enlighted by exercise.. haha. it's true.

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 20:22

berserk wrote:As a fiercely independent person, I actually prefer not having a gf; they're a waste of my time, emotions, and money. There are many things you can do with your spare time (when not working or studying). Go learn a new language, pick up a new musical instrument, do volunteer work, start a business, play sports, discover a new hobby, download/watch dramas with friends, etc... The possibilities are endless. I find that I'm the happiest and most productive when not in a relationship. When it's time to settle down and get married, I'll just find a suitable wife. It's best to be practical/rational in regards to romance. it will spare you a lot of unnecessary pain.
hAHAH! I have to say, I am very much like you, but just a girl. I don't know about you, but the thought of having someone to be called your own, sounds GREAT. However, it still scares me to be in a relationship, maybe b/c I have never been in one but then I also don't feel very committed. =( I just want to work hard, play play and play. haha. I can't stand sitting, i just have to keep moving so during the summertime, I would just do walking or jogging and exercise video to keep me toned. During the winter, I do in-place running and watch dramas.

Getting married is probably not for me at all b/c I am so use to being independent; I like my own space, I can't stand being stuck to one person forever..? I think it will get tooo boring.

cesothao

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 20:30

Besides what I have mentioned aboved, I love to just get dress-up, do my hair, put on make-up and do tons of photoshoot! Other times, I usually just draw and sketch out some clothing design and try to make it.. however, i never finish any of my projects, I get too BORED! My friends and I love to eat, so we do lots of picnic and potluck; during one's bday or just hanging out. Once in a while, we'll just go clubbing, being foolish and dancing the night away.

yulia

Post by yulia » Dec 9th, '08, 13:18

cesothao wrote:
nedayaj wrote:I AGREE with everyone... Focus on studies...

Hey, same here. I love to exercise and play sports. That's all i ever do eversince I finished high school and college. I find exercise relieves stress, i guess you can say I feel enlighted by exercise.. haha. it's true.
maybe one day i join with you because i didnt finish my college but i wish like yours :-(

bomber1122

Post by bomber1122 » Jan 13th, '10, 12:30

LEARN how to become a better person, soemone eventually will notice