Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be just friends?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.

Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be just friends?

yes, it is possible
395
80%
no, it isn't possible
101
20%
 
Total votes: 496

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 11th, '06, 01:48

meotsuburu wrote:. While yes, I could be corrected on your term femenism, but your lack of detail and inability to be concise is apparent. Not everyone has the luxury of speaking with you real-time (and not everyone has the luxury of speaking to me in real-time as well).


<sarcasm>My concision is the main problem.</sarcasm> It's the fact that you only seem to take one line from my posts, give it your own meaning and then start giving me crap about it. Read THE WHOLE POST, PUT IT TOGETHER, and then give an answer. Reading one line and then being a word nazi only further misconscrues the situation.

If you read the words I responded to, then read the entire post and put it together there would be little chance of you misconscruing it that much. All you did was read the words "femenist crap" then quoted those words and started making up your own version of what I said.

This is not the first time you've done this. I read your other responses to me and they all seem to be the same. Read the whole thing before responding, or don't respond at all.
Last edited by kotaeshiranaihito on Oct 11th, '06, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

meotsuburu
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 4th, '06, 15:09
Contact:

Post by meotsuburu » Oct 11th, '06, 03:03

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:My concision is the main problem.


Ok.
目を瞑る

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 11th, '06, 03:14

meotsuburu wrote:
kotaeshiranaihito wrote:My concision is the main problem.


Ok.



... sarcasm (if you actually learned to read an entire post you'd be able to tell) ... look it up, but here's an example: "you are a genius". For your level of genius, I'll fix up my post.

meotsuburu
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 4th, '06, 15:09
Contact:

Post by meotsuburu » Oct 11th, '06, 04:38

nanimoshiranaihito, you should have been fixing your mistakes since the very beginning instead of defending them. As you seem obdurate to reason, I don't see the point in posting any more. If you feel it's important, post away.
目を瞑る

booniez
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 22nd, '06, 03:00

Maybe so...

Post by booniez » Oct 11th, '06, 05:29

I think it is possible for a guy and a girl to just be friends...

HOWEVER....

Sometimes, you don't know you have some feelings of love for her (or him) until that friend tells you he/she found a lover and it's not you. If you can take that news in stride, then you are and were friends. If you heard the news and it stabbed your heart, then maybe you let it go to far without knowing.

This has happened to me more times than I care to admit.

"Nice guys" make great "friends" for girls. Guys: don't be nice. You will finish last.

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 11th, '06, 13:39

eye wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:she's goregous. {...} we've never tried anything

:blink


:lol sorry for the misspelling.

seriously though there are a TON of girls in the world. i dont feel the need to lose friends cause i have to hit on every pretty girl within a certain radius. ive never been like that, and ive always had plenty of female company.

:lol im not even close to the most mature person in the world so the fact i see this, and people my age cant fathom it makes me laugh....
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 11th, '06, 18:00

meotsuburu wrote:nanimoshiranaihito, you should have been fixing your mistakes since the very beginning instead of defending them. As you seem obdurate to reason, I don't see the point in posting any more. If you feel it's important, post away.


If you have free time to be worried about other peoples' mistakes you should use it to think about your own. You said you would appreciate it if people would be kind enough to point out some of your mistakes, well I'm going to be extra kind now.



meotsuburu wrote:Feminism is not a theory to be proven or disproven, it is a philosophy.


I don't need you to tell me what feminism is, and while it itself is not a theory, simone's “One is not born to be a man/woman. One becomes ONE.” is a theory that has been disproven. Learn to read more than just two words, it will be very useful for you.


metsuburu wrote:I am 100% wrong, but you agree TV influences us.

I also never said "cause" I said 'educate.' And from what I am saying, (READING COMPREHENSION ASSISTANCE) is that Dramas do not exclusively entertain us.


Please show me exactly where I wrote that "you are 100% wrong". That entire post had absolutely nothing to do with you, it was a reply to someone else who quoted a person who said "One is not born to be a man/woman. One becomes ONE." A reasonable assumption is that this person believes that men and women are not different inherently, and are made different by media and conditioning, which scientists proved is wrong (this is my opinion, if you don't believe in the evidence scientists gave that is a different story). I never said the media and conditioning do not affect us at all, in fact I said that they EXACERBATES WHAT'S ALREADY THERE (I can use big words too).

Also where the hell did I write that you said "cause"? Dude, seriously you're not that important, not every post I make is about you, before you make such ridiculous claims, read who the post is replying to.

meotruburu wrote:Innate feelings are inane as well.


Oh are they now, I can find about a million scientists who would disagree with you, I could continue on about how that claim is ridiculous, but unlike you I ACTUALLY READ MORE THAN A WORD. I read the words that come after the sentence, used this little thing called common sense to see that the next paragraph (BTW grammar whore, the next two sentences should be in the same paragraph) is connected with this one, so lets see what it says.

meotsuburu wrote:Innate feelings are inane as well.

Feelings are temporal. We are born with a body: head, arms, hands, legs, and feet. If all shows reflect what we want based on what we were born with, it would be nothing as the body wants nothing (and needs nourishment).


I see; head, arms, legs and feet (no comma before the "and"). Wow, from science class I could've sworn we were born with a couple more things. From what I remember it was the nervous system, digestive system, circulatory system and many others including the endocrine system, which secretes hormones, which have been proven to affect the way we act, cause desires and some regulations. Hmm, I guess I was wrong, we were only born with the head, arms, hands, legs and feet. And yes those things do not desire anything.

meotsuburu wrote:"Not your fault" excuses. Feminists and other losers are the underdog. The losers that escaped religious persecution sailed to the New World and are now called Pilgrims. The losers that escaped civil persecution and ran to the North are now called Runaway Slaves.

So you say Feminism is rediculous and crap. I, myself, do not agree with every word and letter but it is nice how you've label the two together.


Ummmmm where did I say feminism is crap? I said that the quote by simone (read above) is feminist crap. Also it's very nice that you know third grade history, but I suggest instead of wasting your time with that, you pick up a grammar book (since you're such a grammar lover) and learn what present tense writing is. And if you can't do that pick up a dictionary and learn what the word "Nowadays" means-oh wait I forgot, you can't do that because that would mean you *gasps* might have to read more than one sentence! You might even have to read a *double gasps* FULL PARAGRAPH!! Why the hell are you bringing up **** from 300-400 years ago when I'm clearly talking about events going on nowadays?

And a little insite to your "knowledge of history" (BTW I know since you probably don't get this, but that was sarcasm), well ... it's off. First off even though the pilgrims escaped persecution from england, they themselves persecuted other religions more than anyone else. Yes they wanted religious freedom for themselves, but they didn't allow others religious freedom. Are they winners in your book?

And those that escaped civil persecution are now know as runaway slaves huh (sarcasm again). So the Irish, the Jews, the southern white trash, and pretty much anyone who wasn't an anglo-saxon protestant landowner was a runaway slave huh. Wow, I never knew that. I always thought that Slaves who ran away from their masters were known as runaway slaves. But it turns out it was anyone who escaped from civil persecution from the south and entered the civil persecution in north that was a runaway slave. Hmmm, thanks for that info. (sarcasm once again)

dumbass wrote:Above is addressed to AboutDrama.


Dumbass, I think she/he would know that it was addressed to him/her. Why? Because THE ENTIRE POST WAS ADDRESSED TO HIM/HER. How does he/she know it? Because it was in a reply to his/her post.

You on the other hand seem to think that all my posts are directed towards you. Why? Because you're a dumbass who can't seem to read more than a sentence, that's why.

Next time learn to reply to posts that are directed towards you.

meotsuburu wrote:Never said a company's purpose was to be sweet or generous. And the by-product/side effect of a lesson learned is your concession that dramas do not exclusively entertain us.

As for its application in real life, (again) not everything is gold.


OMG, can it be? You replied to a post that was actually directed towards you!!! Congrats. Now please show me where I said that you believe the purpose of a company is to be sweet or generous?

Also please show me where I said Dramas "exclusively" entertain us? Obviously you need to learn the meaning of the word "purpose", you vocabulary school reject. I said that the "purpose" for companies is to make money, and imo our "purpose" for watching dramas should be entertainment only. Also, I said imo anyone who makes it their "purpose" to learn something from a drama (learn the meaning of the word "tries") is a retard. That is my opinion, if someone thinks it was harsh, then sorry. I never however said that it is impossible to learn something from a drama. It's a ridiculous statement because you can learn something from anything. You can learn something from taking a **** even. Hopefully, a by-product here was that you learned to read an entire paragraph before posting crap.

meotsuburu wrote:You cannot understand how I thought you believe killers are created by video games and TV because I never said you did (I addressed the remark, not the person). I misconstrue as you miscommunicate.


Oh really? You never said that did you?

meotsuburu wrote:TV and violent video games cause killers? A killer is a person who kills. TV and violent video games do not cause people at all. And where does this conclusion come from? If I do believe something, I will say so myself! I do not need you to tell me what I do or do not believe. Do put words into my mouth so you can argue with yourself.


Hmm, according to this, YOU DID! And what the hell does that last sentence mean anyway? You want me to put words in your mouth so I can argue with myself? ummm yeah ... for someone who criticizes others for minor mistakes, you sure do make a lot of them yourself. Anyway, you want me to put words in your mouth, no problem.

*me putting words in your mouth* "I can't read a paragraph for ****, and apparently I can't write one either, yet for some reason I feel it necessary to look through other peoples posts, find insignificant grammar, vocab etc errors and start giving them **** about it".


I'm so glad you decided to stop posting, it saves me a headache trying to decipher the crap you write and where you get ideas for your crap as well, but just in case you do deicde to post again

1) read the entire post, if you're too stupid to do that, read an entire paragraph before replying, if you're too stupid to do that ... I really feel sorry for you.

2) Learn to reply to posts that are directed to you. If it's not directed at you and you want to reply to it, fine, just don't start connecting it to yourself. You're not important, and I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote it.

3) stop being such a grammar ****. Not every sentence can be perfect, stop picking out small sentences that might look fragmanted and start giving me **** about it. It is impossible to get a point across in one sentence, that's why sentences are put together to form paragraphs. Also, it's not always easy to get your point across from paragraphs, that's why paragraphs are put together to form posts. If you try hard enough you can find mistakes with any one single sentence.

4) using big words does not make you cool. We all have a dictionary and thesaurus, we can all do it.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 11th, '06, 18:41

nikochanr3 wrote:
eye wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:she's goregous. {...} we've never tried anything

:blink


:lol sorry for the misspelling.

seriously though there are a TON of girls in the world. i dont feel the need to lose friends cause i have to hit on every pretty girl within a certain radius. ive never been like that, and ive always had plenty of female company.

:lol im not even close to the most mature person in the world so the fact i see this, and people my age cant fathom it makes me laugh....


Ok I get that, but what if she was like really really hot, like the hottest girl out of all the "goddess" level girls, woud you try something then if you had the chance?

User avatar
Atomic
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 15:24
Location: Toronto/Manila

Post by Atomic » Oct 11th, '06, 18:54

It depends on the percentages, and how desperate I am for some booty call...
Looking at a variety of things like what are my chances of actually getting this chick?(30% or higher, I say go for it... Less than that and I'll tell ya just save your ego/pride and try someone else)
Is it worth the hassle of getting shot down? (if she's a goodess among god, then hell ya.)
Also depnds what type of relationship she's looking for.. Last thing you want is to end up as just "friends"..


kotaeshiranaihito wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:
eye wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:she's goregous. {...} we've never tried anything

:blink


:lol sorry for the misspelling.

seriously though there are a TON of girls in the world. i dont feel the need to lose friends cause i have to hit on every pretty girl within a certain radius. ive never been like that, and ive always had plenty of female company.

:lol im not even close to the most mature person in the world so the fact i see this, and people my age cant fathom it makes me laugh....


Ok I get that, but what if she was like really really hot, like the hottest girl out of all the "goddess" level girls, woud you try something then if you had the chance?
Image

JasonTransays
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 3rd, '06, 00:46
Location: somewhere

???

Post by JasonTransays » Oct 11th, '06, 18:58

I went through a lot with a friend that was a girl. She was my best friend and holy crap she was really something, but after awhile she blew me off for some guy and never talked to me every again.

meotsuburu
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 4th, '06, 15:09
Contact:

Post by meotsuburu » Oct 12th, '06, 00:32

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:If you have free time to be worried about other peoples' mistakes you should use it to think about your own. You said you would appreciate it if people would be kind enough to point out some of your mistakes, well I'm going to be extra kind now.


Let's see.

I don't need you to tell me what feminism is, and while it itself is not a theory, simone's “One is not born to be a man/woman. One becomes ONE.” is a theory that has been disproven. Learn to read more than just two words, it will be very useful for you.


And here you agree it is not a theory. As for Feminism, I didn't say it was true but to be taken into consideration. "One is not born to be a man/woman. One becomes ONE." Did you think i believed this? I told you already I didn't agree with every word. Sheesh, you coupled the two (again) and here I am being criticised for not understand a post.

Please show me exactly where I wrote that "you are 100% wrong". That entire post had absolutely nothing to do with you, it was a reply to someone else who quoted a person who said "One is not born to be a man/woman. One becomes ONE." A reasonable assumption is that this person believes that men and women are not different inherently, and are made different by media and conditioning, which scientists proved is wrong (this is my opinion, if you don't believe in the evidence scientists gave that is a different story). I never said the media and conditioning do not affect us at all, in fact I said that they EXACERBATES WHAT'S ALREADY THERE (I can use big words too).

Also where the hell did I write that you said "cause"? Dude, seriously you're not that important, not every post I make is about you, before you make such ridiculous claims, read who the post is replying to.


Who thinks I am important? You perhaps.

While the above may have "nothing to do with me," you refer to femenist crap and the whole media rant is in support of what i said. Not everything is an attack so your paranoia needs not act up.

Oh are they now, I can find about a million scientists who would disagree with you, I could continue on about how that claim is ridiculous, but unlike you I ACTUALLY READ MORE THAN A WORD. I read the words that come after the sentence, used this little thing called common sense to see that the next paragraph (BTW grammar whore, the next two sentences should be in the same paragraph) is connected with this one, so lets see what it says.


So what if you disagree? So what if a million scientists disagree? Science is a powerful discipline for the simple fact that the data speaks for itself. Feelings, as you are being nice in this post, affect its validity. Example, you claim you can find a million scientists but where else can this exaggeration be found in your post?

The rest of the quote is extraneous.

I see; head, arms, legs and feet (no comma before the "and"). Wow, from science class I could've sworn we were born with a couple more things. From what I remember it was the nervous system, digestive system, circulatory system and many others including the endocrine system, which secretes hormones, which have been proven to affect the way we act, cause desires and some regulations. Hmm, I guess I was wrong, we were only born with the head, arms, hands, legs and feet. And yes those things do not desire anything.


I actually like this, since some of what I am saying is getting through to you. The short enumeration I provided was not complete, and I never said it was complete. If you want to add more, go ahead. And you are agreeing with me at the end as well.

Ummmmm where did I say feminism is crap? I said that the quote by simone (read above) is feminist crap. Also it's very nice that you know third grade history, but I suggest instead of wasting your time with that, you pick up a grammar book (since you're such a grammar lover) and learn what present tense writing is. And if you can't do that pick up a dictionary and learn what the word "Nowadays" means-oh wait I forgot, you can't do that because that would mean you *gasps* might have to read more than one sentence! You might even have to read a *double gasps* FULL PARAGRAPH!! Why the hell are you bringing up **** from 300-400 years ago when I'm clearly talking about events going on nowadays?


Seriouisly. My post from "300-400 years ago" states the plight of Feminism. Not just Feminism itself then or nowadays. Yes, it (the plight) has changed (slightly) but why do you talk about that? It was for AboutDrama.

And a little insite to your "knowledge of history" (BTW I know since you probably don't get this, but that was sarcasm), well ... it's off. First off even though the pilgrims escaped persecution from england, they themselves persecuted other religions more than anyone else. Yes they wanted religious freedom for themselves, but they didn't allow others religious freedom. Are they winners in your book?

And those that escaped civil persecution are now know as runaway slaves huh (sarcasm again). So the Irish, the Jews, the southern white trash, and pretty much anyone who wasn't an anglo-saxon protestant landowner was a runaway slave huh. Wow, I never knew that. I always thought that Slaves who ran away from their masters were known as runaway slaves. But it turns out it was anyone who escaped from civil persecution from the south and entered the civil persecution in north that was a runaway slave. Hmmm, thanks for that info. (sarcasm once again)


Puritans as winners or losers. Who started saying people were losers at all? I believe it was you so you can argue with yourself further. Why don't you tell me who you think is a winner and who you think is a loser, then post a reply to yourself what you think about that.

nanimoshiranaihito wrote:Dumbass, I think she/he would know that it was addressed to him/her. Why? Because THE ENTIRE POST WAS ADDRESSED TO HIM/HER. How does he/she know it? Because it was in a reply to his/her post.

You on the other hand seem to think that all my posts are directed towards you. Why? Because you're a dumbass who can't seem to read more than a sentence, that's why.

Next time learn to reply to posts that are directed towards you.


Why, why, why? You know why and there is nothing you can do about it. This dumbass humilated you and continues to do, then you agree with me at times- grudgingly.

As for not reading the entire post, it's because most of it is fluff and criticism with no merit.

OMG, can it be? You replied to a post that was actually directed towards you!!! Congrats. Now please show me where I said that you believe the purpose of a company is to be sweet or generous?


READ: I NEVER SAID IT, AND I NEVER SAID YOU SAID IT. But you don't deny the consession that dramas do not exclusively entertain us.

Also please show me where I said Dramas "exclusively" entertain us? Obviously you need to learn the meaning of the word "purpose", you vocabulary school reject. I said that the "purpose" for companies is to make money, and imo our "purpose" for watching dramas should be entertainment only. Also, I said imo anyone who makes it their "purpose" to learn something from a drama (learn the meaning of the word "tries") is a retard. That is my opinion, if someone thinks it was harsh, then sorry. I never however said that it is impossible to learn something from a drama. It's a ridiculous statement because you can learn something from anything. You can learn something from taking a **** even. Hopefully, a by-product here was that you learned to read an entire paragraph before posting crap.


The whole bottom of the paragraph is what i told you. Do you have anything else to regurgitate? From your professor maybe?

Oh really? You never said that did you?


I have someone else to put words in my mouth for me.

Hmm, according to this, YOU DID! And what the hell does that last sentence mean anyway? You want me to put words in your mouth so I can argue with myself? ummm yeah ... for someone who criticizes others for minor mistakes, you sure do make a lot of them yourself. Anyway, you want me to put words in your mouth, no problem.

*me putting words in your mouth* "I can't read a paragraph for ****, and apparently I can't write one either, yet for some reason I feel it necessary to look through other peoples posts, find insignificant grammar, vocab etc errors and start giving them **** about it".


I'm so glad you decided to stop posting, it saves me a headache trying to decipher the crap you write and where you get ideas for your crap as well, but just in case you do deicde to post again

1) read the entire post, if you're too stupid to do that, read an entire paragraph before replying, if you're too stupid to do that ... I really feel sorry for you.

2) Learn to reply to posts that are directed to you. If it's not directed at you and you want to reply to it, fine, just don't start connecting it to yourself. You're not important, and I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote it.

3) stop being such a grammar ****. Not every sentence can be perfect, stop picking out small sentences that might look fragmanted and start giving me **** about it. It is impossible to get a point across in one sentence, that's why sentences are put together to form paragraphs. Also, it's not always easy to get your point across from paragraphs, that's why paragraphs are put together to form posts. If you try hard enough you can find mistakes with any one single sentence.

4) using big words does not make you cool. We all have a dictionary and thesaurus, we can all do it.


Yawn... Save yourself the trouble of thinking if it gives you a headache. Nanimoshiranaihito.
目を瞑る

bakan3ko
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 31st, '05, 01:53

Post by bakan3ko » Oct 12th, '06, 00:42

not pretty girls! others are fine. :P

lazybum
Posts: 39
Joined: Mar 18th, '05, 02:42

Post by lazybum » Oct 12th, '06, 01:24

i think it's completely possible otherwise you'd only have friends of the same sex as you, and we all know that none of us have only friends that are girls or for guys, only guys.

AboutDrama
Posts: 92
Joined: Aug 8th, '05, 00:04

Post by AboutDrama » Oct 12th, '06, 03:59

Hi kotaeshiranaihito,

Thanks for posting your opinion. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for inviting me for real time conversation but I don’t think I’ll accept it. After reading your post I already feel slighted by you and you even personally attack me and make assumption of me even you don’t even know me??? From the post, I read between the lines and I can feel your emotion while writing the post. You have proven to me that you ‘re intelligent and smart. OK. So just chill man…

AGAIN, thanks for your opinion and I truly truly respect your opinion. Have a good day.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 12th, '06, 04:11

AboutDrama wrote:Hi kotaeshiranaihito,

Thanks for posting your opinion. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for inviting me for real time conversation but I don’t think I’ll accept it. After reading your post I already feel slighted by you and you even personally attack me and make assumption of me even you don’t even know me??? From the post, I read between the lines and I can feel your emotion while writing the post. You have proven to me that you ‘re intelligent and smart. OK. So just chill man…

AGAIN, thanks for your opinion and I truly truly respect your opinion. Have a good day.


Sorry if I hurt you, that definitely wasn't my intention. I'm not really good at message board stuff. And don't worry I'm always chill 8) , it honestly takes a lot to get me angry, almost never happens on a message board.

User avatar
ocha otoko
Posts: 22
Joined: Jul 12th, '06, 15:22
Location: Melbourne

Post by ocha otoko » Oct 12th, '06, 11:37

from the looks of it things got pretty heated there... but hey hang on now guys, you do know things like the media and femenism *spelling will always remain controversal...so is there really a point to discussing it on a board like this while the question was if guys and girls can just be friends.

now looking at it all again...we should get one thing clear first...and that is...the term 'friend' and 'friendship' are different to every person and when we can't even settle on that yet there is no point talking about anything more...

the way i see it... if you see 'friendship' as something that doesn't get affected by the sex of your friend then...i see no reason why guys and girls just be friends... but if you are the type that cannot bring the opposite sex and friendship together,...then it can't be done then...nothing wrong with that...so as ive said..it depends...so there's really no argument...this topic was quite ambiguous...

User avatar
xbabygmonsterx
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 30th, '06, 04:59
Location: Modesto, CALI

Post by xbabygmonsterx » Jan 5th, '07, 06:20

the person I talk to the most after my boyfriend online and on the phone is my guy friend Matt. we've been pretty good friends for a while now and there's no feelings besides friendship
from FRIENDSHIP

[A] friend is a sane man who exercises not my ingenuity but me. My friend gives me entertainment without requiring me to soop or to lisp, or to mask myself

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
mun78
Posts: 37
Joined: Aug 15th, '06, 05:23

Post by mun78 » Jan 8th, '07, 15:31

i'll say this, i have had sexual desires for everyone female friend that I have ever had, because of that hormonal crap, but i've never taken it as far as a relationship, because I'd rather be carefree and have fun than ruin a good relationship.

User avatar
i'mNOangel
Posts: 66
Joined: Jul 9th, '06, 21:04
Location: SWEDEN

Post by i'mNOangel » Jan 8th, '07, 15:43

i think that is maybe possible but on mostly cases is always the girl is secretly in love with the boy or he opposite....i have a guy friend and i have crush on him for quite a while now.but it's just what i think thought.:D
Image <--------- :wub:

User avatar
NADZ
Posts: 175
Joined: Feb 6th, '06, 04:27
Location: UAE

Post by NADZ » Jan 8th, '07, 15:51

does it make a big difference if he/she thinks of u are a sister/bro.???
Image
Image

User avatar
cacharel*
Posts: 31
Joined: Nov 10th, '06, 05:48

Post by cacharel* » Jan 8th, '07, 21:58

i think that it is possible..
as for me..
i have more male friends as females..
don't know why, but somehow i can communicate better with the guys as with the girls..
and guys seem to be more understanding :roll :lol

of course there are also a few girls who mean a loot to me..
i can talk with them about everything and we are always together :-)
those girls also have the same friends as me and also think that they feel more comfortable around guys :lol :lol

i know..it sounds kinda strange^^ :crazy: :unsure:

sveta
Posts: 151
Joined: Oct 8th, '06, 23:06
Location: Texas

Post by sveta » Jan 11th, '07, 23:33

its possible to be friends without sex. I have a close male friend and we're friends and nothing else.

User avatar
Yunase
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 10th, '05, 00:02

Post by Yunase » Jan 12th, '07, 00:31

NADZ wrote:does it make a big difference if he/she thinks of u are a sister/bro.???


Yes, if she's really your good friend, then she's trully considering you as her most respected pal, or more simple, she doesn't want you as her boyfriend, which means : no sex ! :)
~ + Got Milk ? + ~

User avatar
the dark angel
Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 24th, '06, 19:17
Location: Europe

Post by the dark angel » Jan 17th, '07, 13:41

I also think that girls and boys can be friends..
I have many 'boy friends' whom I like very much, but not in the romantic way

MatsuJunlover
Posts: 25
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 00:21
Location: united states
Contact:

Post by MatsuJunlover » Jan 21st, '07, 01:29

It's very possible...I had a best guy friend and we had been friends since he was 6 and I was 7...everyone in school assumed we were dating but well we weren't. We were just really good friends and he asked me if i thought we should try dating and i said 'sure, why not, everyone already thinks we are...'

Yeah it was a big mistake...he adored me, and well to me...he was like a brother so when he went to kiss me...awkward!

It actually destroyed a good friendship.

Sometimes being friends can make a relationship easy...and well other times it's better to stay friends. Sometimes you need to step back and think... "do I want them as my friend...or my boyfriend/girlfriend?" To me...I would always choose friend...because if you break up with a friend you decided to date, it's hard to go back to being just friends...

you can talk to your friends about your relationships...but well it's hard to talk to a friend your in a relationship with...about the relationship.

User avatar
akiko-chico
Posts: 153
Joined: Apr 5th, '08, 05:57
Location: Australia

Post by akiko-chico » May 21st, '08, 01:10

Yes I believe guys can and girls can just be friends. I have quite a few good guy friends.
Imagecredit: absolutemblaq

User avatar
kgobea
Posts: 51
Joined: May 20th, '07, 21:34
Location: Texas

Post by kgobea » May 29th, '08, 03:24

friends like i see you every 3-4 days....yes!
friends like i see you everyday and we hangout...No!
bestfriends??....HELL NO!
IT WILL EVENTUALLY CROSS THE LINE.
i am a tomboy so all my friends are guys and i have crossed that line more than a few times. good thing i think like a guy too and didnt ruin any friendships.

this is my own opinion so please respect it, just like i respect yours ^_^
k-MoNkEy is watching:We Got Married Brown Sugar Chivalries Smiling Pasta
ImageImage

Yuki.A
Posts: 6
Joined: May 29th, '08, 13:46

Post by Yuki.A » May 30th, '08, 04:05

I say it is possible. But for me I mostly have girls as friends because you know 'girls' lol. I just feel more comfortable with us womens. I'm not saying I don't talk to any guys but it always turns around from friendship to love. Not me liking the guy though. I'm the kind that is easy going and can talk to anyone. And when I get close to someone I joke and play around a lot. Which the other side I guess takes it the wrong way? But they end up liking me all the time. And when they come forward with and tell me and ask me out, I end up feeling bad because I have to hurt there feelings, which I don't like to do that but I have to. And when I find out that someone likes me and I don't like them back like the way they do, I start to feel uncomfortable. I can't even look at there face. I try to avoid them if I can. But overall I say guy and girl friendship can happen as long as either side don't fall for each other or one side fall for the other.

User avatar
meredith
Posts: 23
Joined: May 26th, '08, 03:20

Post by meredith » May 30th, '08, 10:39

i vote for yes! i think it is possible for boys and girls to be just friends... it wasnt nothing like love relationship. friends doesnt means you can only be friend with the same gender as you are. you can always make friends with people other than your gender. that's make life intrstng... i guess. :thumright: for me, i rather make friends with guys. it's not that i'm so bitchy or anything else, it just that i think that most girls are hypocrite. they just be with me for some reasons and then leave when they get what they want. besides, girls can be very greedy when it comes to knowledge but guys, they always respect you and answer everything you ask... that's me :P i dont know bout others...

zippyflu
Posts: 66
Joined: Oct 6th, '05, 16:12
Location: cherry hill, nj

Post by zippyflu » Jun 6th, '08, 05:01

do friends get physical like tickle each other and wrestle ??

User avatar
Ruka707
Posts: 70
Joined: Jun 23rd, '08, 11:24
Location: In her dreams
Contact:

Post by Ruka707 » Jun 26th, '08, 16:35

I vote for yes. :D

For example, I have a veryveryvery best female friend, but except her, I only have male friends. Most of them are like brothers to me. My relationship with guys was always good (I grew up surrounded by boys - I have three brothers.), and I'm kind of boyish... so we can understand each other pretty good. :-)
Image
Currently watching: TROUBLEMAN | Code Blue 2 | Nakanai to Kimeta Hi

User avatar
danchemistry
Posts: 69
Joined: Apr 15th, '06, 00:20

Post by danchemistry » Jun 29th, '08, 03:49

Yes why not.

User avatar
Lovelymagic
Posts: 19
Joined: Jun 29th, '08, 05:23
Location: Sweden

Post by Lovelymagic » Jun 29th, '08, 05:40

Yes I think so. Because a nice guy don't stand a chance, therefor there is no reason to become more than friends. For I would really like to be friends with women and watch alot of dramas with, but where the heck are you damn romantic females. I need someone to watch my dramas with...as friends :glare: !!

engchunh
Posts: 30
Joined: Feb 23rd, '08, 07:00
Location: Singapore

Post by engchunh » Jun 29th, '08, 06:10

No they must ---

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 30th, '08, 19:23

it is possible especially if the guy is gay. :lol kidding aside, it really is possible ^_^v

DemonofRazgriz1
Posts: 9
Joined: Jun 19th, '08, 03:48
Location: NJ

Post by DemonofRazgriz1 » Jun 30th, '08, 22:54

I voted yes.

For me, a guy, I only have one guy best friend but I have 4 girl best friends. It's always been the case that I've been able to communicate with girls better guys. And while I do like one of my girl-friends, it doesn't limit me at all when I hangout with her.

angel's advocate
Posts: 24
Joined: Jul 1st, '08, 07:18
Location: Australia

Post by angel's advocate » Jul 2nd, '08, 14:41

voted yes. absolutely! i have a lot of male friends. in fact, we had a similar discussion amongst a group of friends about a year back because that group consisted of mostly males and the females in that group (myself included) tended not be 'girlish' girls. don't get me wrong, i can put on a pretty dress and do my makeup as well as the next gal and i have a pretty decent sense of fashion. i also have my share of female friends both in and outside of that group. but pretty much all the girls in that group were saying in reality, a lot of us within that group felt more comfortable with males unless the other girls were like ourselves, and more logically/practically minded, and not prone to emotional fluctuations or flirting. it's not so much that we don't understand any of the things that girls typically talk about or do, it was simply that we had the ability to laugh at a lot of the silly things associated with being female, or the stereotypes that surrounded us.

that aside, communicating with males is much more straightforward. they'll pretty much tell you what they think and when they're angry, they'll show it. it's direct. girls tend to be more underhanded (not to say this applies to all females). if they're angry, they might not tell or they'll tell you they're not when they're behaviour clearly says otherwise. if they don't like you, they're less likely to confront you directly, they'll just tell everyone else behind your back.

i'm also on pretty good terms with my ex. we stopped dating a couple of years back and after an initial cool off period, we've been in touch on and off. i'm generally pretty up-to-date with what goes on in his love life because he's happy to tell me everything.

melonyhappy
Posts: 533
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 07:33
Location: Canada

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 2nd, '08, 14:46

yah....a good portion of my friends are guys....

User avatar
zyrene
Posts: 248
Joined: Mar 31st, '08, 11:38

Post by zyrene » Jul 4th, '08, 04:40

yes it is possible but one thing is for sure one of them if not the two, doesnt want to be just a friend. specially when they are really close eventually one of them will fall for the other. but if no one will make a move then they will be just friends forever, and thats sad... :-(
Image

banno
Posts: 10
Joined: May 31st, '07, 16:40

Post by banno » Sep 12th, '08, 03:07

I think it is possible to be friends with a member of the opposite gender. There will be a risk of falling for one another if either/neither one aren,t attached though.

User avatar
risjenny
Posts: 51
Joined: Feb 20th, '06, 02:35
Location: Scandinavia

Post by risjenny » Sep 12th, '08, 03:43

iam so sick of the bullshit that people say that guys and girsl can never be friends bcos of th eoppsite sex...of course they can friends and good friends too..the oppsosite sex dont make a different..its all about how well you and ur friends know each other just like a guy-guy friends or girl girl friends..its not like we all are attracted to all the guys that comes along and that we see..why cant people understand the same with guys and girls being friends..i have had many many good guys friends..of course there ae always rumours going around bcos humans like to gossip by its nature..but i clearly show it infront of my friends and others that its simply friendships..right from the start..
½ of the people that start gossiping and thinking otherwise, is simply ignorant envioused (unconsciously) or too bored of their own life...

User avatar
Rabu
Posts: 31
Joined: Aug 2nd, '08, 16:12
Location: Germany

Post by Rabu » Nov 2nd, '08, 16:41

I would say yes.
I mean, why not?
I don't think this is impossible, you just must not come to close to your friend :D

User avatar
azntina
Posts: 170
Joined: Jul 20th, '05, 12:19
Location: USA

Post by azntina » Nov 2nd, '08, 22:42

Yes it's possible!! Just as long as one doesn't start falling for the other, then it become awkward if you know what I mean.
:heart: Support Myolie Wu, Ariel Lin, Joe Cheng, Raymond Lam, So Ji Sub, Jo In Sung, Sung Yuri :heart:
Image

lucus_clyne
Posts: 11
Joined: Oct 30th, '08, 04:35

Post by lucus_clyne » Nov 4th, '08, 05:57

i voted yes.
well, for me it's way way way better to have guy friends than girl friends because guys tend to say everything without pretenses and they say things that will help you to be a better person either in a positive nor negative ways. I have more guy friends than girls and it's great that I have them.

zippyflu wrote:do friends get physical like tickle each other and wrestle ??
yep, it's a way of showing how much they really appreciate one another. My friends tend to do this to me whenever they are happy and they just like to tease me haha...

little_jen
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 4th, '08, 10:14

Post by little_jen » Nov 4th, '08, 10:24

It is possible for a guy and a girl to be friends. But in my case I have a friend and eventually we end up dating and now we broke up because we think we best being just friends. We are much happy being just friends, I might say that friendship is a best foundation in a relationship.

christinegee
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 10th, '08, 07:21

Post by christinegee » Nov 10th, '08, 07:28

yes n no

br4nd0n
Posts: 72
Joined: Sep 13th, '08, 05:41
Location: USA

Post by br4nd0n » Nov 10th, '08, 07:37

yes they can be friends, but only with certain circumstances.

User avatar
LiL_gianT23
Posts: 50
Joined: Feb 12th, '08, 13:45
Location: Philippines

Post by LiL_gianT23 » Nov 15th, '08, 08:26

i have a lot of friends of the opposite gender.. and we're all good and just friends.. :P

cesothao
Posts: 31
Joined: May 8th, '07, 01:14
Location: WI

Post by cesothao » Dec 5th, '08, 22:15

narushinyak wrote:IMO, It is very possible if both are not attracted to their physical looks at all.. if they were already bf/gf it's very hard to stay as just friends.. because being just friends is same as falling for the other except you are not really physically attracted.. being just a friend as in seeing each other once in awhile maybe.. but never a close friend me thinks.. -_-; I mean.. even though looks aren't everything.. you end up falling for someone because they will suddenly look attractive to you physically .. to a certain degree. On the other hand.. you can be friends with anyone almost despite what you think about their looks. therefore I vote no! :)
what you said is true but I voted YES b/c I have a guy friend whom is decent looking but certainly isn't my type..and im pretty sure im not his type either b/c his gf and I have nothing in common. haha.. but the thing is that after getting to know him pretty well and just hanging out, I have started to treat him as one of the girls... or you can say like a sibling.. nothing more or less.

Calevera
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 25th, '09, 14:06
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by Calevera » Mar 23rd, '09, 15:24

with my female friends, I tend to wonder 'what if we progress to romance?'. The thought just comes and goes, but I don't act upon it.

So, in the end, we remain friends and don't cross the line into romance but that doesn't mean the thoughts don't cross my mind.

People are different, though. Maybe I'm not strong enough to fend off the romantic thoughts like others could be.

Phantasia
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 26th, '09, 02:00
Location: California

Post by Phantasia » Mar 23rd, '09, 22:51

It's possible. If both the guy and the girl doesn't feel attraction to one another. Or if one of them is lesbian/gay. =]. If they are attracted, they may feel to want more affection and if one doesn't. It'll be difficult to stay friends.

User avatar
kuro570
Posts: 512
Joined: Feb 4th, '08, 23:50
Location: United States

Post by kuro570 » Mar 23rd, '09, 23:05

My best friend is female.. as for anything else... yeah I used to like her and also have special privs when those certain times she had no bf or when she got into a fight with them XD
VSS: Warui Yatsura

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2039
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Mar 23rd, '09, 23:08

Calevera wrote:People are different, though. Maybe I'm not strong enough to fend off the romantic thoughts like others could be.
This statement of "fending off" a feeling sounds more like you're fighting the urge or avoiding the urge overall by convincing yourself that the friendship is more important. That's like alcoholics, where they'll never become non-alcoholics because the urge will forever and ever be there - they just deal with it through the 12 steps. I think most, if not a high majority of guys put themselves through this sense of doubt, in order to keep the relationship friendship status. I don't know why guys even put themselves through that, as though the friendship is THAT important to them.

For me, if I feel a sexual attraction towards a female friend, I'll act on it! I've seen far FAR too many people in their later years say crap like, "What if!" Well, "What If!" is not in my vocabulary. Many young people think that their lives are all about making friends and such. Well, enjoy it while you're attending college or high school. Because by your mid-20s, your thoughts will mature and you'll start thinking about things like building a career, building a family, finding a spouse, but at the same time think a lot LESS about friends. What if one of your friends back then was "the one?" You'll think about it in your 30s... your 40s... your 50s, and so on. Those few years of preserving the friendship IMHO is not worth the decades that follow wondering "What if?" - especially if you don't even see these people ever again. That's the number-one thing I've learned when I reached my 40s.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 501
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 01:51
Contact:

Post by ethidda » Mar 23rd, '09, 23:16

Sure, guys and girls can be platonic friends, but I think it needs to develop into that over some time. I think (as a girl) when you meet a guy (who's reasonably attractive), you always wonder for a bit what it'd be like to date him, but as you get to know him better, maybe you realize that the romance would never be there.

Maybe in more conservative cultures, it's not possible, but I think in today's culture, it is. I mean, otherwise, you can also ask, can two girls be platonic friends with each other? After all, we have pop songs like "I kissed a girl" being so popular on the radio and playing everywhere.

nankasento
Posts: 128
Joined: Mar 5th, '08, 22:48

Post by nankasento » Mar 24th, '09, 14:04

groink wrote:
Calevera wrote:People are different, though. Maybe I'm not strong enough to fend off the romantic thoughts like others could be.
This statement of "fending off" a feeling sounds more like you're fighting the urge or avoiding the urge overall by convincing yourself that the friendship is more important. That's like alcoholics, where they'll never become non-alcoholics because the urge will forever and ever be there - they just deal with it through the 12 steps. I think most, if not a high majority of guys put themselves through this sense of doubt, in order to keep the relationship friendship status. I don't know why guys even put themselves through that, as though the friendship is THAT important to them.

For me, if I feel a sexual attraction towards a female friend, I'll act on it! I've seen far FAR too many people in their later years say crap like, "What if!" Well, "What If!" is not in my vocabulary. Many young people think that their lives are all about making friends and such. Well, enjoy it while you're attending college or high school. Because by your mid-20s, your thoughts will mature and you'll start thinking about things like building a career, building a family, finding a spouse, but at the same time think a lot LESS about friends. What if one of your friends back then was "the one?" You'll think about it in your 30s... your 40s... your 50s, and so on. Those few years of preserving the friendship IMHO is not worth the decades that follow wondering "What if?" - especially if you don't even see these people ever again. That's the number-one thing I've learned when I reached my 40s.

--- groink
I agree with groink, I too had that in my early 20s, hell I even had a time when I thought screw family as well and just packed my bags and moved across the globe.
Friends you can choose unfortunately family you can not.

Friendship is a two way street if your the only one working on it cut it off and keep on moving, it ain't worth your time, there are enough people on the planet to meet and they might be much better friends then the ones your dwelling on.

I apply that with all my friends not just the opposite gender, if it's not two ways it ain't worth my time, I'd rather spent that time on my career or extra R&R for myself or friends that are worth my while.

And although I'm going towards forty I don't have the urge to start a family, I see this with my family and friends, everyone is getting married left and right and starting their own family, some are even trying to push me to start one and they can all just kiss my arse, I'm the one who decides that and no one else and I sure as hell don't give a **** about the family name and continuing it, hell in the event I actually do get married I'm thinking of changing my surname just to piss of some of the family on purpose.

Euh... yeah to get back on the subject, if it's not going anywhere and your dwelling on it with 'what ifs' its better to just move on, life's to short and there are more worthwhile experiences around the corner.

okgo
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 20th, '09, 01:37

Post by okgo » Mar 31st, '09, 01:49

Yes, it's possible. The difficult thing with having a bff of the opposite gender is when it comes to dealing with a GF who can't understand why your best friend is a girl. -_-

oeyamw
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 5th, '05, 06:34

Post by oeyamw » Apr 12th, '09, 11:10

aftering voting, i think i say something here...
i think it's possible, because likely both parties have already know what state of relationships are they in. if one changed his/her mind to want to further a deeper relationship, i think it could be hard to accept for other party. nevertheless, there's possibility that the good friend may end up falling in love with his/her good friend.

kaheiyeh
Posts: 36
Joined: Jun 1st, '08, 07:08
Location: Sydney

Post by kaheiyeh » Apr 12th, '09, 11:32

To be quite honest, I have quite a few female friends that I am quite close with but I would never consider going deeper than it is now. Granted I did go out with one of them for a very short while but we both figured it wouldn't work. We're still close friends in the end and I think that's how it's going to stay.

Does get slightly annoying though when they constantly come asking how to deal with their BFs though ... (゚ロ ゚ノ)ノ

ssih
Posts: 232
Joined: Sep 6th, '08, 18:34
Location: Boston

Post by ssih » Apr 12th, '09, 12:58

There are several situations where a guy and girl can be just friends:

1) Both are gay.

2) One's hot, the other is gay.

3) Neither are hot, but both think they're hotter than the other.

But the easiest and most common situation:

They're married to each other.

User avatar
Katschoo
Posts: 31
Joined: Jan 18th, '09, 13:11
Location: germany

Post by Katschoo » Apr 12th, '09, 20:57

ssih that was nearly funny...
ImageImage

Jhobbit
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 26th, '09, 07:02
Location: Canada

Post by Jhobbit » May 8th, '09, 01:40

Once you sleep with your friends, it kinda kills the relationship and really hard to go back to being just friends. If you want to keep this friend then think carefully about what it will do.

User avatar
kittykhatz20
Posts: 92
Joined: Jan 11th, '08, 07:50
Location: Manila

Post by kittykhatz20 » May 8th, '09, 12:21



I think it's possible... I mean, I like hanging out with guys, sometimes even more than with girls except when they talk about their stuff.... I also know my guy friends too well that the idea of dating them would just make me puke... aheheheh well they're good friends and they're really good unwanted-suitor repellents. My buddies are not bad looking mind you a lot of girls in school go gaga on them and well the bad side is I will encounter haters for being their friends... I have good relationships with their GFs then and they're ok with the guy I was seeing then so it was cool...

you can't undermind the issue of unrequited love though, but i think that with enough will there is nothing that people will eventually get over with once they grow up....

i think it's possible to have a platonic friend/s of the opposite sex... It doesn't really matter if your best friend is a girl or boy...it's an ideal setup though to love your best friend and for him or her to be the love of your life coz they basically fell in love with the whole package... best friends normally know your good and bad side and for them to still like you, that's really something but some people are just meant to be your friends while others can start as friends then be more... it totally depends...i think friendship is not entirely impossible. I don't know if I made any sense...
Image
:thumleft: Is it a crime to be mesmerized? :thumright:
heard that procrastinating is bad... but nobody told me its this addictive

User avatar
ringosan
Posts: 67
Joined: Mar 20th, '06, 18:33

Post by ringosan » May 8th, '09, 12:32

i think it is possible for boys n girls being best friends,,because for guys i think average they really think a girl is a friend when u say lets be friend..boys stick to that and when u want to change the friendship to like lovers they might starting to keep a distance with the girl..same think with the girl if they really meant friendship with the boy..it becomes weird and awkward you know..
Image++Image

sistergirl
Posts: 63
Joined: Mar 4th, '09, 09:38

Re: Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be just friends?

Post by sistergirl » Jun 23rd, '09, 09:41

yes,it's possible for a guy and girl to be friends. i am girl and i have lots of guy friends.

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2039
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Re: Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be just friends?

Post by groink » Jun 23rd, '09, 10:14

sistergirl wrote:yes,it's possible for a guy and girl to be friends. i am girl and i have lots of guy friends.
Ask each of them, "Tell me the truth... Have you ever thought about me naked?"

I have lady friends who tell other friends, "Oh, groink? He doesn't think about me sexually", and yet I know their bra sizes. I don't know why women think like this. It is as if they don't think of themselves as sexually appealing, which IMO is the root of the issue. And, at the same time, guys will very rarely ever admit to it. They think that it'll upset the friendship. I have absolutely no problem telling my lady friends, if asked, that I find them to be a good f*ck. Even the married ones - if one of them break up with her husband, I have no problem satisfying her sexually if asked. It is still a friendship, but as one of my lady friends say in her blogs, it is FWB.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

morserachel
Posts: 102
Joined: Aug 28th, '08, 05:06

Post by morserachel » Jun 23rd, '09, 14:09

I'll say it is possible. It is not wrong to see each other as a man or woman but the important thing to know is where to draw the line. One of my best friend is male and I know he has special feelings for me but we both know where the line is and consciously never attempt to cross it. Do I have thoughts of him being naked? Yes, at times, but that is where it will stay, in my head. I believe why we can remain close friends is simply that we work at it and set the limits as to what is permissible and what is not.

dabogy
Posts: 104
Joined: May 4th, '09, 09:09

friends

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 13:58

everything is possible, just go with the flow
than to regret in the future

bomber1122
Posts: 15
Joined: Sep 17th, '06, 10:03

Post by bomber1122 » Jan 13th, '10, 12:24

Possible, but most likely not ver small probablity

pinkie
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 18th, '06, 08:42

Post by pinkie » Feb 25th, '10, 07:45

i dunno bout others but it's difficult for me to remain as good freinds with him. I don't realize i'm in love with him until he told me he wanted to get to know another girl. i got so jealous i hung up on him. the next day i pretend to ask him some questions but i told him i dunno how to ask him bout it, he says "like that no need to ask lo"..i think he could sensed it

OnlyWish
Posts: 61
Joined: Nov 8th, '08, 19:22

Post by OnlyWish » Feb 25th, '10, 08:07

i think so when there is no attraction

Franashi
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 8th, '10, 20:01

Post by Franashi » Mar 8th, '10, 20:46

Yes, it's possible. One of my bf is a guy, we know each other like five years ago and we know that we don't like in a "love" way, that we would never be together like that and I had have a plenty of really male good friends and we didn't fall in love or something...

(I just know a case of a couple... but they were like "the perfect couple" since the start, that's the only case... xD)

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 33
Joined: Mar 31st, '09, 00:08
Location: Europe

Post by Cherek » Mar 8th, '10, 22:20

Mataku, somtetimes I get the impression the lady's are trying to say "look I can have alot of male friends that do not thinks sexually of me" as if it some kind of sport/achievement.

PS. Groink is my hero on this matter :D

Disclamer: male mid 20's

User avatar
Fantastical
Posts: 325
Joined: Sep 5th, '09, 19:58
Location: USA

Re: Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be just friends?

Post by Fantastical » Mar 18th, '10, 04:17

groink wrote:
sistergirl wrote:yes,it's possible for a guy and girl to be friends. i am girl and i have lots of guy friends.
Ask each of them, "Tell me the truth... Have you ever thought about me naked?"

I have lady friends who tell other friends, "Oh, groink? He doesn't think about me sexually", and yet I know their bra sizes. I don't know why women think like this. It is as if they don't think of themselves as sexually appealing, which IMO is the root of the issue. And, at the same time, guys will very rarely ever admit to it. They think that it'll upset the friendship. I have absolutely no problem telling my lady friends, if asked, that I find them to be a good f*ck. Even the married ones - if one of them break up with her husband, I have no problem satisfying her sexually if asked. It is still a friendship, but as one of my lady friends say in her blogs, it is FWB.

--- groink
My name is Fantastical and I approve this message

Peggy
Posts: 1660
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » Mar 18th, '10, 04:49

Fantastical!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back to Ethlenn before she lashes you with her nine tails .... you are needed.

Peg

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 18th, '10, 05:41

In real life definitely. In dramas - I doubt it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest