The Strongest Alcoholic Drink??

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Byakuya

The Strongest Alcoholic Drink??

Post by Byakuya » Mar 7th, '06, 09:02

well according to the guiness book of records..

" the Estonian Liquor Monopoly marketed a beverage that was distilled from potatoes. It was 196 proof (98% alcohol). Estonia is one of the Baltic states."

aside from that crazy drink i'm asking about something that is actually obtainable from a local bar, lounge, or club.

I vote the one and only Liquid Cocaine. However depending on what is used to mix it, it seems the alcohol content varies around 50%+ (100+ proof)

is there anythin stronger?

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Mar 7th, '06, 14:59

I used to order this mixed drink called The Rainbow at this one bar. It consists of 8 various types of hard liquor (whiskey, vodka, scotch, etc.) mixed into the drink with orange food colouring. Looks a bit nasty but it's not bad. I don't know too many people who can drink more than a couple of them without getting drunk.

DJ_Chopstix

Post by DJ_Chopstix » Mar 7th, '06, 17:47

i love liquid cocaines. :lol that's the strongest one for me

Phinn

Post by Phinn » Mar 8th, '06, 03:34

Probably some brands of Polish vodka (up to 90% alcohol). There's always absinthe, but that's illegal in the US apparently.

kawaiineemei

TOKYO TEA?

Post by kawaiineemei » Mar 8th, '06, 04:01

strongest drink? im not much of a drinker but LONG ISLAND ICE TEA seemed strong. i have yet to taste a TOKYO TEA but i heard it's a kicker. its a drink mixed with VODKA, TEQUILA, RUM, GIN, TRIPLE SEC AND MIDORI MELON LIQUEUR. i got this recipe from a friend ..

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz tequila
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz Midori® melon liqueur

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake, strain into a small highball glass filled with ice, and serve.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 8th, '06, 04:13

Strongest? The first thing that came to my mind was Everclear (grain alcohol). I remember drinking jungle juice in high school w/ cherry or tropical punch koolaid *__* That was great but it tore me to shreds. :lol I don't remember being to taste much of anything but fruit, if the mix was done right :sweat: or....if I was bombed already

Apparently Everclear exists in 190 proof :O That one is illegal in the state I live in, though. I never saw it in stores here. The other one is strong enough O__o
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 8th, '06, 05:10

neonkinpatsu wrote:Strongest? The first thing that came to my mind was Everclear (grain alcohol).
quite possibly where that rock group got their name from. :lol

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Mar 8th, '06, 05:27

jack daniels + beer (6.3% alcohol) = total destruction :faint:
Confused? Go FAQ yourself!

Last edited by bugsie on Thu Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am; edited 998 times in total

BoX

Post by BoX » Mar 8th, '06, 08:37

To me the strongest liquor is the homemade one, like our rakia (bulg. national drink), first fraction that comes out of destiller contains methyl alcohol and if maker don't observe technological process, it may remain in the end product along with other noxious substances...

Phinn

Post by Phinn » Mar 8th, '06, 11:48

BoX wrote:To me the strongest liquor is the homemade one, like our rakia (bulg. national drink), first fraction that comes out of destiller contains methyl alcohol and if maker don't observe technological process, it may remain in the end product along with other noxious substances...
Gotta love Bulgaria :D

BoX

Post by BoX » Mar 8th, '06, 12:16

Here's another cutoff combination "Cloud" cocktail - Mastika (anise-flavored liqueur) + Menta (sweet mint liquor).

Phinn wrote:Gotta love Bulgaria :D
Nazdrave (cheers)[img]http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9475/drunk7pf.gif[/img]

soomster

Post by soomster » Apr 26th, '06, 13:34

Strongest I had was bacardi 151. It burned all the way in and all the way out.
My friend likes green tea and jack

gotons

Post by gotons » Apr 27th, '06, 20:05

Everclear. You can get it anywhere, and it's 190 proof, 95% alcohol.

groink

Re: The Strongest Alcoholic Drink??

Post by groink » Apr 27th, '06, 21:36

What most people don't know is that alcohol proof is calculated using a variety of formulas, and they differ throughout the world. In the U.S., the proof number is "twice the percentage of the alcohol content measured by volume at a temperature of 60°F (15.5°C)." whereas in Europe they measure by volume at 68°F (20°C). And, "pure alcohol" in the UK is 175-proof. Below is an on-line calculator that converts between British, Degrees Sykes and US formulas.

http://www.honeycreek.us/conversion.htm

Not that many people drink this stuff straight. If you mix, the proof value drops. For example, if you take a glass and pour 50-percent 151 Bacardi and 50-percent water, you're left with 75-proof.

Even if you take something that's higher than 190-proof, just pouring the liquid into a shot glass or even just opening the bottle will dillute the ethanol and drop the proof value slightly. For example, pure ethanol exposed to air will drop the proof value down to as much as 95-percent alcohol. So an alcohol beverage higher than 190-proof - or ANY value for that matter, IMHO is purely a "lab" measurement and isn't realistic when exposted to normal environmental conditions. So realisticly, if you're looking for anything stronger than Everclear (190-proof), I seriously doubt you'll find it. Because in pure physics, common distillation cannot exceed 192-proof. Even if you did values higher than 192-proof, the human body cannot consume that high of a level of ethanol and live to post about it.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

siggiepop

Re: The Strongest Alcoholic Drink??

Post by siggiepop » Apr 27th, '06, 21:58

groink wrote:What most people don't know is that alcohol proof is calculated using a variety of formulas, and they differ throughout the world. In the U.S., the proof number is "twice the percentage of the alcohol content measured by volume at a temperature of 60°F (15.5°C)." whereas in Europe they measure by volume at 68°F (20°C). And, "pure alcohol" in the UK is 175-proof. Below is an on-line calculator that converts between British, Degrees Sykes and US formulas.

http://www.honeycreek.us/conversion.htm

Not that many people drink this stuff straight. If you mix, the proof value drops. For example, if you take a glass and pour 50-percent 151 Bacardi and 50-percent water, you're left with 75-proof.

Even if you take something that's higher than 190-proof, just pouring the liquid into a shot glass or even just opening the bottle will dillute the ethanol and drop the proof value slightly. For example, pure ethanol exposed to air will drop the proof value down to as much as 95-percent alcohol. So an alcohol beverage higher than 190-proof - or ANY value for that matter, IMHO is purely a "lab" measurement and isn't realistic when exposted to normal environmental conditions. So realisticly, if you're looking for anything stronger than Everclear (190-proof), I seriously doubt you'll find it. Because in pure physics, common distillation cannot exceed 192-proof. Even if you did values higher than 192-proof, the human body cannot consume that high of a level of ethanol and live to post about it.

--- groink
Kill Joy :glare:

haha Only joking. I didn't know about the proofing difference. Thanks! :)
SiGGiE PoP
http://www.droolage.us
http://sigma_desu.livejournal.com

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Apr 27th, '06, 22:23

I had this one drink in Japan called "Spiritus" and it was like 96% alcohol and it tasted horrible. I can't imagine that other one.
"Sometimes people confuse my passion with my temper. I am demanding but never without reason. I expect no less than a vision to strive for perfection from everyone else because that is what I will strive to give to you too."

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 28th, '06, 05:28

maybe it was spiritus...

Strongest... hmm... yeah, sure whiskey has a lot of alcohol, but you barely drink it in pints.

I still think the strongest I ever had was this Russian beer. Had some 18%, not much compared to whiskey, but together with the taste it was a real killer (think... plastic).

yurrie

Post by yurrie » May 1st, '06, 08:05

ehm .. how bout moonshine ...
dun think its legal tho?
ImageImage

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Aug 23rd, '06, 13:12

tequila bum bum : A little of Tequila, more than a half of sec, shaking it and drinking it fast!
After that you´re more than just tipsy!

☆

Post by ☆ » Aug 23rd, '06, 13:22

I like to marinate psychedelic mushrooms and Thai stick in Everclear for 8 months, then drink a pint. You wake up week later in a different country.
-☆

tomek

Post by tomek » Aug 23rd, '06, 13:30

Spirytus is the highest percentage I've ever had...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirytus

I have a bottle at home too :)

The thing is that you usually mix it with drinks, and not just take shots. Anything more than 2 shots CAN be deadly...

angelarce

Post by angelarce » Sep 20th, '07, 09:28

The strongest I've ever tasted is the absinthe. i work in a bar but i rarely drink because I get drunk easily :lol :lol

chesed

Post by chesed » Sep 23rd, '07, 10:29

soomster wrote:Strongest I had was bacardi 151. It burned all the way in and all the way out.
My friend likes green tea and jack
Yeah, screw that 151. Every birthday my friends get me to drink shot after shot of that stuff. I die a little every year.

Well, with or without the 151. But I die faster with it. =P