SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 7th, '06, 15:16

x_XJules wrote:
pwner4once wrote:but Julie, did u move out or smth? :blink
yup i sure did!! i also left to study in japan for awhile! LoL, but i'm back now.

October 12th, eh?
....what happens on that day? :lol
WOOTO!))!)! Japan! OMG>... :-) :-)
u lucky. well the sub group is almost organized. but i really think everyone should get on just so no one misses anything. but do u still get on aim and stuff? lol i never seen online rofl

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Oct 7th, '06, 22:54

pwner4once wrote:WOOTO!))!)! Japan! OMG>... :-) :-)
u lucky. well the sub group is almost organized. but i really think everyone should get on just so no one misses anything. but do u still get on aim and stuff? lol i never seen online rofl
i NEVER get on aim. bleh too many bad people. LoL, i just need to make a new screen name for that. i get on msn sometimes but for the past two weeks i've been house-sitting for my parents and they don't have msn on their computers (LoL, and they'd kill me if i downloaded it). i'll be back at my apartment on monday. i can get online on the 12th it just depends what time because i have school.
does this include amy? anyone seen her lately?
what about richie? RICHIE?!?!?!? WHERE ARE YOU T_T

User avatar
bugsie
Posts: 397
Joined: Jul 2nd, '05, 12:16

Post by bugsie » Oct 8th, '06, 00:31

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:
Valcun wrote:Yeah, I'll join again. I'm still a beginner in japanese. But I'll try my best to translate/edit/timing for the J-Dramas.

Ours starts on Oct 12th right?

Re: Ocha Otoko

This thread sometimes is like the Forums in Densha otoko.. I use to be Basu Otoko because I saw the most beautiful girl on the bus while riding to college one day. Everyone cheered me on and gave me tips on how to approach her. I rode the bus 1 week straight at the hours before and after I saw her on that day. I saw her again 7 months later, but thats a different story. Right now, I think you need to learn about your self. Right now it sounds like your confused and just want to shut off all your emotions together. Tell you the truth, you can't. No matter how hard you try, it will always be there. But everytime I'm feeling a little down or just overwhelmed by an emotion. First thing I do is calm down, take deep breaths. Try to get into a mind state of humility and humble. Then I say this phrase in my head, "Ganbatte, ne? :)" Then I feel all better and I want to try my best in everything!

But try type out your situation and will try give you the best advice possible :thumright:

weren't you the alleged "great player" who used to get like a hundred girls a day or something?
ah, the irony. Hey kotae, you're an @55#()13 sometimes. :lol
Confused? Go FAQ yourself!








Last edited by bugsie on Thu Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am; edited 998 times in total

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '06, 14:31

x_XJules wrote:
pwner4once wrote:WOOTO!))!)! Japan! OMG>... :-) :-)
u lucky. well the sub group is almost organized. but i really think everyone should get on just so no one misses anything. but do u still get on aim and stuff? lol i never seen online rofl
i NEVER get on aim. bleh too many bad people. LoL, i just need to make a new screen name for that. i get on msn sometimes but for the past two weeks i've been house-sitting for my parents and they don't have msn on their computers (LoL, and they'd kill me if i downloaded it). i'll be back at my apartment on monday. i can get online on the 12th it just depends what time because i have school.
does this include amy? anyone seen her lately?
what about richie? RICHIE?!?!?!? WHERE ARE YOU T_T
wuah!! no msn o_O are we back to the stone age? This some how reminds me of my friend telling me about how Amish people are living in air conditioned rooms. >_> the heck... anyways who is Amy? O_# but the 12th will work. lol try to get on after 2pm lol because that's when I get home. oh btw oh god nevermind. so much stuff to talk about. so yea holla back gotta bounce :P

User avatar
Mythrel
Posts: 463
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 02:34
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia

Post by Mythrel » Oct 8th, '06, 22:01

Heya Julie, I've been kinda busy with Nikki lol. I am rarely at home anymore and now school is starting up again lol. I travel out to Richmond almost daily to spend time with her. How have you been? haven't really gotten to talk to ya in a while :X

Jing, Amy is P0KEY. BTW Julie's she is doing good XD she is super busy with her school work. I swear she goes to a tougher school than mine and she's still in high school.
Im making you aware. That if you dont like me well I dont care. Ill be exactly who I am and if you got a problem with it. Well thats your problem, man.

squall15
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 25th, '05, 07:09
Location: College Station, TX

Post by squall15 » Oct 8th, '06, 22:14

Just wanna drop by and say hi... :D

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 9th, '06, 01:36

Mythrel wrote:Heya Julie, I've been kinda busy with Nikki lol. I am rarely at home anymore and now school is starting up again lol. I travel out to Richmond almost daily to spend time with her. How have you been? haven't really gotten to talk to ya in a while :X

Jing, Amy is P0KEY. BTW Julie's she is doing good XD she is super busy with her school work. I swear she goes to a tougher school than mine and she's still in high school.
OMG dang. seems like everyone is busier than me :blink
no one have any time posting on this thread except me >_> maybe i should start worry about my life too.

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 10th, '06, 05:05

Valcun wrote:That happened after this incident... and I'm not a player. Just because I meet a lot of women doesn't mean I "abuse" them or treat them as a "prize". Each girl I meet, I have "some" interest in them and want to get to know them.
I see. And exactly how many girls have you met? I'm just curious because I'm in dire need of dating knowledge from a former dating guru and was hoping you can help me out.

User avatar
bugsie
Posts: 397
Joined: Jul 2nd, '05, 12:16

Post by bugsie » Oct 10th, '06, 05:19

^Follow your heart kotae, follow your heart.
Confused? Go FAQ yourself!








Last edited by bugsie on Thu Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am; edited 998 times in total

kotaeshiranaihito
Posts: 234
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 19:55
Location: New York

Post by kotaeshiranaihito » Oct 10th, '06, 21:51

bugsie wrote:^Follow your heart kotae, follow your heart.
Sorry, but I don't have one. But I guess you could easily tell from my other messages lol.

User avatar
gibonite
Posts: 209
Joined: Sep 22nd, '05, 00:26
Location: France

Post by gibonite » Oct 10th, '06, 23:04

kotaeshiranaihito wrote:Sorry, but I don't have one. But I guess you could easily tell from
my other messages lol.
Yare yare...

do you feel better just saying this? It's a way to protect you from some feelings maybe to strong for you... Am I right?

Everyone as a heart, but it's difficult to open it, to show to yourself your weaknesses...

I read on your posts that you don't really like you... And if you don't like you, people wouldn't like you too...

Do you know what I mean?

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 12th, '06, 04:26

hey guys
well a while i haven't wondered why i study everyday? Do u guys actually have a reason for studying hard?

User avatar
gibonite
Posts: 209
Joined: Sep 22nd, '05, 00:26
Location: France

Post by gibonite » Oct 12th, '06, 04:55

well, I don't study any more...

But in fact, i studied just to have a confortable future, and to not be a bother for my parents anymore... it's really materialist, but, it can't be helped.

User avatar
bugsie
Posts: 397
Joined: Jul 2nd, '05, 12:16

Post by bugsie » Oct 12th, '06, 05:02

pwner4once wrote:hey guys
well a while i haven't wondered why i study everyday? Do u guys actually have a reason for studying hard?
You need to study hard to survive in the future. In real life status, education, and money matters the most. You'll just be a pushover if you don't have those. So study hard, be prepared in life.
Confused? Go FAQ yourself!








Last edited by bugsie on Thu Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am; edited 998 times in total

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 14th, '06, 00:14

bugsie wrote:
pwner4once wrote:hey guys
well a while i haven't wondered why i study everyday? Do u guys actually have a reason for studying hard?
You need to study hard to survive in the future. In real life status, education, and money matters the most. You'll just be a pushover if you don't have those. So study hard, be prepared in life.
haha yea i know. it's becoming more of a problem for me to focus under the influence of senioritis. plus I don't live with my parents, arrogant guardians bitches too much. Sometimes it makes me so much that I don't want to work at all.

well for now i guess F4 will be quit for a while since everyone is pursuing their career while i am trying to find my trait.

gyuudon
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 23rd, '06, 12:29

Post by gyuudon » Oct 17th, '06, 12:36

Alright... well here's my problem.

Studying in Japan right now and met this Korean girl in one of the drinking parties at our university. My friend is going out with her friend but I'm kinda interested in her. She has a genki-type personality that I really like and I moreso want to go out with her, other than that she can drink two bottles of soju and not even get red... only tipsy/ditzy haha. One of the problems is that, we both speak intermediate Japanese, but she doesn't understnad much English and I don't understand much Korean. So it gets... a little interesting. The group of us, my friend and her friend, her and I, went to a karaoke lounge afterwards and some yakiniku later on. I don't want to do a hit and run relationship on her, but a serious one.

I going to ask her out for dinner this week, but I dont know if I should tell her that I'm interested in her. We don't go to the same universities but she's along my train route so I can go and visit her there.

My personality is sometimes shy-ish, more outgoing (but not annoying) when drunk, and well, I try to be funny, its funny enough to make some people laugh. >_> Problem is probably looks. More or less so, it's typically the white guys that get girls here and I'm just Asian (not Korean/Japanese... if that even matters.)

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 17th, '06, 20:57

i know what you mean by being Chinese and most girls perfer the typical white muscular guys. but if you want a serious relationship. I don't think you should tell her the first time you go out with her. She might be scared away from you considering the fact she is not really close to you. Being chinese, all people might label us as weirdos or just stereotype crap. You should try to hang out with her, get to know her first. From that point, decide if you DO actually want to be with her. then move on to boyfriend then talk about marrying and stuff. Nevertheless, don't take it as some kind of century long mission. If you are comfortable with her, move at your own past but do take note if there are competition.

hope that helps a little,
pwner4once

gyuudon
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 23rd, '06, 12:29

Post by gyuudon » Oct 17th, '06, 23:04

I'm not Chinese either. >_>

Things work a little differently here in Asia kinda. At least from what I seen, unlike America where if you tell a person you like them they would get freaked out, it's not so harsh here. But her being Korean, I don't know what's the difference and if theres that imminent danger of that "friends zone" crap.

I'm average looking. Not fat/skinny. But nothing astounding.

I don't know if there's competition yet, because no one else approached her in the nomikai because I guess they're all aiming for their trophy Japanese girl.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Oct 18th, '06, 00:40

haha kk. so what's ur ethnicity? :O just curious.
anyhow why not just start talking to her and stuff. go out and have fun. just typical stuff that she will remember later. try to leave a memory, something unique

gyuudon
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 23rd, '06, 12:29

Post by gyuudon » Oct 21st, '06, 13:14

Well I crashed and burned.

Apparently if you're not white, you hardly have a f-cking chance.

raynor
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 28th, '06, 07:53

Post by raynor » Oct 28th, '06, 07:59

heres my problem

Well theres this pretty girl in one of my classes, I'm pretty sure that shes japanese. my problem is that how do i get to know her or talk to her? ( im a total noob at talking to girls since im the shy type :cry: and when i try to my mind just blanks completely :scratch: ). i can't really talk to her durring class because we have constant lectures and when we do have some free time shes ussually around her friends .. i want to get to know her better but i don't know how.. btw im in highschool

thx

User avatar
sweetsamurai
Posts: 27
Joined: Apr 2nd, '06, 16:42
Location: england
Contact:

hello

Post by sweetsamurai » Oct 28th, '06, 08:14

I think first of all you need not to be afraid of rejection and if it happens then not to take it personally. :thumright: You sound like a sweetie :thumleft:

Secondly, you could find a topic or hobby that you both like and bring up a conversation that way - say when your class JUST finishes - so you walk with her to lunch or something.

Try not to get too nervous. Compliment her in a nice way and smile. Just don't be a sleaze. :thumright:

Goodluck- and tell me how it goes! :D

User avatar
Bunii
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 28th, '06, 12:42
Location: Australia.. somewhere there :\

Post by Bunii » Oct 28th, '06, 13:14

hmm..
raynor, i had the same problem like you had back in my highschool =]
me and this girl kept making eye contact everywhere we went.. lol.. sorta felt like she likes me too =P but yea lucky for me, im not that of a shy person and i went to talk to her after a month or so, because i asked myself, "what am i doing? doing this will give me a certain 0% of getting to know her." so i went and talk to her, it was funny at first because i blanked out couple of times but she was the one who talked and ask me things then i dont know what happen, my mouth just kept talking itself xD lol..
and now im still going out with her ^^ its been great :wub:

raynor
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 28th, '06, 07:53

Post by raynor » Oct 29th, '06, 00:21

I might take like a week or so for me to even get enough nerve to talk to her :pale: . but wouldn't it be kind of odd if i just went up to her and started talking to her? i mean i barley know anything about her and vice versa im pretty sure..
yeah im really bad at talking with girls :cry:

nak0r
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 29th, '06, 05:10
Location: Norway

Post by nak0r » Oct 29th, '06, 05:20

raynor wrote:I might take like a week or so for me to even get enough nerve to talk to her :pale: . but wouldn't it be kind of odd if i just went up to her and started talking to her? i mean i barley know anything about her and vice versa im pretty sure..
yeah im really bad at talking with girls :cry:
Well, I'm pretty hopeless at picking up girls myself, but ask yourself this: Would you mind if she just walked up and talked to you? Or any other girl, for that matter ? ;-)

As someone else said, if you never talk, how will you ever get to know her?

raynor
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 28th, '06, 07:53

Post by raynor » Oct 29th, '06, 17:43

Any tips on how to talk to her w/o making it to akward? this will probably be afters school since it the last class of the day? ( reallly bad at starting conversations or continuing them)

or any tips on how to approach her w/o making it too akward?

thx :D

User avatar
junizastud
Posts: 20
Joined: Oct 20th, '06, 23:30
Location: Socal

Re: hello

Post by junizastud » Oct 31st, '06, 08:51

sweetsamurai wrote:I think first of all you need not to be afraid of rejection and if it happens then not to take it personally. :thumright: You sound like a sweetie :thumleft:

Secondly, you could find a topic or hobby that you both like and bring up a conversation that way - say when your class JUST finishes - so you walk with her to lunch or something.

Try not to get too nervous. Compliment her in a nice way and smile. Just don't be a sleaze. :thumright:

Goodluck- and tell me how it goes! :D
Great advice there.

I used to be the type of guy who would hate being rejected. But then again I had to learn the hard way. Sometimes if you do nothing you get nothing. It is better to know the other person's feelings towards you rather than just wondering "what if."

I would assume most of you are just looking for someone. My advice to you is to never settle and always stick to your standards. But it is also wise to just put yourself out there and have fun. Meet tons of people. Because you never know whom you might make friends with. They could possibly set you up with someone more of your type.

raynor
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 28th, '06, 07:53

Post by raynor » Nov 4th, '06, 19:04

any advice? on how to approach her and start talking? :D

or how to make it less akward?

User avatar
junizastud
Posts: 20
Joined: Oct 20th, '06, 23:30
Location: Socal

Post by junizastud » Nov 6th, '06, 09:28

raynor wrote:any advice? on how to approach her and start talking? :D

or how to make it less akward?
So no one is trying to help you?

I think its going to be awkward if you make it awkward. Just be calm and be yourself. One of the first things girls notice right away is how we present ourselves. So if you're too nervous I'd start off with a simple, "hi."

Then try and start having a conversation. To make things easier make it about something you can both talk about like school or work.

Always be confident. ALWAYS!!!

User avatar
gibonite
Posts: 209
Joined: Sep 22nd, '05, 00:26
Location: France

Post by gibonite » Nov 6th, '06, 10:28

junizastud wrote:So no one is trying to help you?

I think its going to be awkward if you make it awkward. Just be calm and be yourself. One of the first things girls notice right away is how we present ourselves. So if you're too nervous I'd start off with a simple, "hi."

Then try and start having a conversation. To make things easier make it about something you can both talk about like school or work.

Always be confident. ALWAYS!!!
Even about the weather ! don't show her you like her or she'll maybe be scared at first.

Did she noticed you?

User avatar
Yunase
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 10th, '05, 00:02

Post by Yunase » Nov 7th, '06, 20:46

raynor wrote:any advice? on how to approach her and start talking? :D

or how to make it less akward?
Simply avoid one thing : being needy. The biggest turn-off for a girl is to discuss with someone who shows off too much interest to her. She doesn't even know you, why would she act nicely to you after all ? If you had to watch a 3 H movie like Titanic but knew the end already, I bet you would rather do something or prepare yourself to get bored.

That's the same thing going there, you're not the first guy who's going to have a crush on her (unless she's socially inept but you'll be surprised to know that girls are usually more experienced in relations than guys, reason being they can be opened by men quite often anywhere, anytime, especially if they're hot). If she's aware of it, you can be sure that she'll avoid you at all cost or put you into the "best friend zone" (the famous "no, I think it's going too fast, you're a good guy who deserves a better girl than me, let's just be friend") category like the others because she doesn't want to see you as a threat.

Just have one thing in mind : have some good fun with her. That will be your motivation and you'll fly under her radar. Be **** and funny, don't be afraid to tease her, she's a human being who also loves being challenged.
~ + Got Milk ? + ~

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Nov 9th, '06, 02:19

sometimes i just don't get why girls want to be teased and such. it's so stupid, rude and meaningless. but girls tend to hate and love us for it. something i don't get in life..

User avatar
Yunase
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 10th, '05, 00:02

Post by Yunase » Nov 9th, '06, 15:36

pwner4once wrote:sometimes i just don't get why girls want to be teased and such. it's so stupid, rude and meaningless. but girls tend to hate and love us for it. something i don't get in life..
Well, being teased is not the same of being insulted. You're flirting with her, not being rude or impolite. That's a huge difference. After all, what's the most stupid thing to do in your opinion ? Acting as a common "nice guy" who's going to answer yes to her every single expectation just because you're too afraid of her reaction and having the most boring conversation of your life ? Or simply being yourself, fun and unpredictable ?

When you say that "girls tend to hate and love us for it", it's half right because it clearly depends on your teasing ability. If you met a girl who told you to "get lost" and responded by saying "you're not nice, you're a ****", I doubt there would be love at thy sight, or maybe some kind of painful love made from physical cheek slap. Instead, answering her by a "you struck me as someone more creative at first" is not only funny, but also demonstrates her you're not being needy or frustrated.
~ + Got Milk ? + ~

Wraeth
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 8th, '06, 01:49

Post by Wraeth » Nov 26th, '06, 08:05

So many post so haven't read it all but, to ladies like Sweetsamurai and Yunase. If I had listened to them years early, I think I would have made so many more friends. Guys, I think our insecurities causes us to not here how simple it is to talk to the girls. Don't let their advice just dribble over your brains MAN!!! If it helps close your eyes every once in awhile when your talking and pretend it's your best friend. I think I might be jumping the gun so gals correct me if I'm wrong but, they want to see a guy that they can count on, whatever it is. When you **** at a rejection or get all clingy like a 5 year old to his mom those are exact opposites to a guy they can count on. That's why Sweetsamurai says not to be nervous and assertive and Yunase says teasing is fun. First of all it breaks the tension and second, it shows that your not cracking under pressure. So if. . . if you are a bf your not gonna go running off and hide when the roof has blown off and the rain is pouring in. Okay maybe not that crazy. "Fighting" hehehe Happy Happy Happy Day Sorry, good things keep rolling my way. Don't, don't slap me though. I'll come to my senses or not HAHAHAHA hehehe hmhmhm oh brother..... whew *sigh*

User avatar
SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 116
Joined: Oct 7th, '05, 12:26
Location: Indonesia

Post by SHIN-RA » Dec 3rd, '06, 16:54

Well, about teasing girls, eh?
You should never be invasive towards the girl, instead, make something funny that both of you can enjoy. Remember that girls are also human beings, and they have their own sense of humor. Don't be too invasive, and I'm sure they will like you.
BUT... hey, girls can do the teasing sometimes...
"Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle, but In Defeating The Enemy Without Ever Fighting" - Sun Tzu
Former fansubber crew from http://komodofansubs.tk/

elmo
Posts: 4
Joined: Jun 9th, '06, 22:21

How you ask her out?

Post by elmo » Dec 7th, '06, 21:30

how you do it?

User avatar
blamvitaburst
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 20th, '06, 19:21
Location: USA

Post by blamvitaburst » Dec 8th, '06, 06:31

*sigh* There was this guy who rode on my bus every other day, and I had a sort-of crush on him, but now I doubt I'll ever see him again since the semester is over and classes will be different. He seemed to look at me a bit longer than is appropriate between strangers this last ride, though.
Then again, I can't tell if people look at me because they're interested in me or because I look funny. I have this suspicion that my wacked-out hair draws stares I wouldn't otherwise receive. White girl with semi-afro, wth? Sorry I don't have straight hair, damn. :'(
...
I guess I'll always wonder.
He didn't seem the type you could start up a conversation with out of nowhere, either. Not in a bad way, but there are just those people that you feel you'd need a reason to talk to, you know?
:unsure:
Mmmmmm! Vitamins are good!
:cheers: :wub: :cheers: :wub: :cheers:

User avatar
Le_Muse
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 03:13
Location: California (because we practically are our own country^^)
Contact:

Post by Le_Muse » Dec 15th, '06, 22:12

blamvitaburst wrote:*sigh* There was this guy who rode on my bus every other day, and I had a sort-of crush on him, but now I doubt I'll ever see him again since the semester is over and classes will be different. He seemed to look at me a bit longer than is appropriate between strangers this last ride, though.
Then again, I can't tell if people look at me because they're interested in me or because I look funny. I have this suspicion that my wacked-out hair draws stares I wouldn't otherwise receive. White girl with semi-afro, wth? Sorry I don't have straight hair, damn. :'(
...
I guess I'll always wonder.
He didn't seem the type you could start up a conversation with out of nowhere, either. Not in a bad way, but there are just those people that you feel you'd need a reason to talk to, you know?
:unsure:
Believe it or not, but when a guy stares, it is due to attraction. I have been taking a male/female relationship studies class at my college and I learned that girls have around 46 different methods of flirting behavior while guys have, at most, only 5.
That is why guys are so oblivious to our signals...they actually don't know what to look out for and that is why they openly stare. It is meant to be appreciative and harmless but sometimes it can be seen as an invasion of privacy and girls often feel it is a turn off (so be aware guys when you do this...if the girl looks like she is becoming uncomfortable, stop doing it because she is not interested and you are freaking her out).

So if you ever sense a guy full on staring at you and you feel a crush coming on, look straight back at him and give him an open inviting smile for a few seconds. That is the one green light that most guys are finally able to catch on to. Don't look away shyly and giggle every time you pass....they never catch on to that. How are they supposed to know that it is aimed towards them?
<3

User avatar
Gilraen
Posts: 86
Joined: Nov 25th, '06, 01:08
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Gilraen » Dec 15th, '06, 22:34

I just noticed this thread. I saw the title and was immediately reminded of Densha Otoko so it made me smile. While watching the dorama I felt this strong wish to be a part of a thread like that one so when I just noticed this one I had to post!

So, hi everyone! *waves*

ryan123
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 23rd, '05, 22:00

Post by ryan123 » Dec 22nd, '06, 04:01

hey this girl and I have knowing each other for about 2 months, And university is no over during Christmas. During school time, she asked me to go eat dinner with her because I helped her on an assignment. Then she cooked me some lunch (because I payed for her lunch once). She asked me to study with her a lot during school time, but after exams were over I asked her if she wanted to go shopping and eat during christmas (we are both in the same hometown). But she said she mite go somewhere for vacation or visit her old friends.

We are in different Coop times so I wont see her again in unversity until our 4th year.

I guess when i called her the itiming wasnt too good either, because she was still sleeping lol. This was before the nite I gave her her christmas present lol, she really liked it. She told me to go visit her during her coop time. So Im wondering If I should ask her again to go hangout during christmas, and when and how I should ask her this.

soulrogue
Posts: 49
Joined: Mar 28th, '06, 19:48
Location: India(<*-*>)

Post by soulrogue » Jan 25th, '07, 08:21

ahh long time ...havent been here..
hmm ..
ryan ..would like to help ya in asking her out...but well lets say i dont have any bright ideas!...but basing on what u just said... she well made you dinner regardless of what her reason was! so i GUESS she does like you.. but then she refused xmas thingy with you... so you might have screwed up sumwhere.. then again its pretty hard to judge all these things..
ok now to the point she did TELL you to visit her .. so u can just go and visit her and ask her personally hows' life been treating her n all... and i guess things will lead away themselves!..
well best of luck!
uhh request : even though it maybe obvious from the name PLEASE identify your gender!.. yeah i know ... but it IS easier to know the gender of the person ur getting advice from

User avatar
Valcun
Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 25th, '05, 20:00
Location: Hawaii

Post by Valcun » Mar 6th, '07, 22:30

Is This Thread Dead? :pale:
Image Image

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Mar 6th, '07, 22:43

i never post here anymore ^^;; i actually don't post much on d-addicts either. school and work take up a lot of time i suppose.

but i thought i'd stop by cuz i saw justin posted and thought, man, how rare is that LoL.

i see jing is still here. hi!! is jerry still around this thread?? i know richie doesn't post much, but why should he? LoL, he's off being happy with his adorable girlfriend ^^ i'm so happy for him.

User avatar
Mochi?
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 5th, '07, 22:39

Post by Mochi? » Mar 6th, '07, 22:43

maybe someone has to post a relationship problem to bring this topic back to life :salut:

here a bit ASCII to get into the densha otoko mood (i did not make this!)

^ ___^
 ( ・∀・) ドキドキ
 ( ∪ ∪
 と__)__)

User avatar
Mochi?
Posts: 82
Joined: Feb 5th, '07, 22:39

Post by Mochi? » Mar 6th, '07, 22:46

      *  ※ ☆   ※ ※   ☆ ※  *
     *  ※ ☆  ※   ※   ※  ☆ ※  *
    * ※ ☆ ※   ※ ☆ ※  ※ ☆ ※ *
   * ※ ☆ ※  ※ ☆  .☆ ※  ※ ☆ ※ *
  * ※ ☆ ※ ※☆     ☆※ ※ ☆ ※ *
  * ※キタ━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━ !!!※ *
  * ※ ☆ ※ ※☆     ☆※ ※ ☆ ※ *
   * ※ ☆ ※  ※☆  .☆※  ※ ☆ ※ *
    * ※ ☆ ※   ※ ☆ ※  ※ ☆ ※ *
     *  ※ ☆  ※   ※   ※  ☆ ※  *
      *  ※ ☆   ※ ※   ☆ ※  *
(from the original post :-])

User avatar
Valcun
Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 25th, '05, 20:00
Location: Hawaii

Post by Valcun » Mar 6th, '07, 22:47

Jules PM me quick! I need to talk to you!
Image Image

karin-chan
Posts: 359
Joined: Jan 19th, '07, 15:02
Location: Your bed

Post by karin-chan » Mar 26th, '07, 05:32

hey.. reminds me of Densha Otoko!! haha

im aLso singLe... whats up in here?

sn0flake
Posts: 15
Joined: Apr 12th, '06, 20:49
Location: West lafayette/IN

Post by sn0flake » Mar 26th, '07, 07:15

wow, juz kinda wondering...have this thread really helped people like densha otoko? it's soo cool if it really did. i was really impressed with the heaps of supportive people in that drama.

User avatar
Valcun
Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 25th, '05, 20:00
Location: Hawaii

Post by Valcun » Mar 26th, '07, 08:30

This thread use to be exactly like densha otoko, Try surf around page 40 through 50 and read the comments. But I really recommend reading from beginning to end :P
Image Image

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 860
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Mar 26th, '07, 08:43

x_XJules wrote:i never post here anymore ^^;; i actually don't post much on d-addicts either. school and work take up a lot of time i suppose.

but i thought i'd stop by cuz i saw justin posted and thought, man, how rare is that LoL.

i see jing is still here. hi!! is jerry still around this thread?? i know richie doesn't post much, but why should he? LoL, he's off being happy with his adorable girlfriend ^^ i'm so happy for him.
Waves to Julie, Richie, Justin, Jing & Richie!

karin-chan
Posts: 359
Joined: Jan 19th, '07, 15:02
Location: Your bed

Post by karin-chan » Mar 26th, '07, 15:12

wow, juz kinda wondering...have this thread really helped people like densha otoko? it's soo cool if it really did. i was really impressed with the heaps of supportive people in that drama.
that wouLd be awesome!! if that is so... i aLso Looove that drama!!
This thread use to be exactly like densha otoko, Try surf around page 40 through 50 and read the comments. But I really recommend reading from beginning to end
reaLLy?! wooohhh... Looks Like you're one of those peeps who have seen the "miracLe"... :thumleft:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 860
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Mar 26th, '07, 15:33

karin-chan wrote: reaLLy?! wooohhh... Looks Like you're one of those peeps who have seen the "miracLe"... :thumleft:
Yep, our dear friend Richie is a living proof of it haha.. so bad that he doesn't come bad to DA anymore!

Well this thread (SRT) has help a lot of people though (I guess haha).

User avatar
zutsuu
Posts: 23
Joined: Sep 30th, '05, 23:40
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by zutsuu » Mar 28th, '07, 18:24

I've been wondering about Korean girls (in Korea)... It seems kinda hard to start a relationship with them. Or is it just me? Had some Korean female friends (online and during my short stay there) and when it comes to anything slightly dating related (not directly considered as dating) they seem to back off... When checking out some dating site's profiles I noticed many (not all) Korean girls tend to be "looking for a friend". Is it just their way of saying it? I know family means a lot in Korea and girls don't really want to oppose their parents if they disagree with something.
Please enlighten me about Korean girls and what kind of steps I could possibly take! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Valcun
Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 25th, '05, 20:00
Location: Hawaii

Post by Valcun » Apr 1st, '07, 09:44

@karin-chan

Sorry Karin-chan, Pondabear is the only one from this thread who was able to graduate :P. I'm still single, so I'm still in this thread... in a sad but good way. hehe :)



Anyone want to help zutsuu out?

@zutsuu

Beats me man, I know nothing about Korean girls except that their REALLY REALLY emotional.
Image Image

User avatar
zutsuu
Posts: 23
Joined: Sep 30th, '05, 23:40
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by zutsuu » Apr 1st, '07, 12:04

Valcun wrote:I know nothing about Korean girls except that their REALLY REALLY emotional.
That's what I like about them :D

User avatar
Valcun
Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 25th, '05, 20:00
Location: Hawaii

She needs Single Ranting Thread help!

Post by Valcun » Apr 10th, '07, 09:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRo7JiHTQ1Y
Image Image

User avatar
gibonite
Posts: 209
Joined: Sep 22nd, '05, 00:26
Location: France

Post by gibonite » Apr 11th, '07, 00:25

Hi everyone ! I haven't posted here for a long time 'cause I was in China :p

Well, hope that everyone's ok !

Well for korean girls... I think it's difficult for them to start a relationship with an occidental guy... you know, many of them are afraid that is just for sex (many european/american guys go there just for that).

Maybe you have to start by assuring them that they can trust you. You see my point?

Xenia
Posts: 13
Joined: May 2nd, '07, 14:31
Location: Greece

Post by Xenia » May 13th, '07, 18:14

Hello there :-) great thread by the way, keep it up!
Last edited by Xenia on May 14th, '07, 10:29, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » May 13th, '07, 18:30

Whew, Korean girls... sometimes I'm glad I'm not a man, because from what my Western friends in Korea tell me, they're not easy to handle at all. Some have a lot of success with them - others none at all.

One thing to keep in mind is to never hit on girls older than you - even if it's just by a year. Koreans are very, very sensitive about age, and will judge your maturity solely on what year you were born in. Most Korean girls don't seem to want to date guys younger than them and are aware of age and status at all times.

I think apart from that, Korean girls are like every other girls, in that they want love, affection and a good life. One of my American friends swears that he just buys them a watch and they're butter in his hands - he's convinced that money matters far more in Korea than anywhere else. I think it might be true that the dream of the rich man might be more prevalent in Korea than in other parts of the world, because Koreans do tend to be very conscious about money. It's a leftover from older times when the peninsula was bordering on starvation and of course now a natural consequence of Korea's hardcore capitalism.

Another thing I can recommend when dealing with Koreans: learn how to hold your liquor. Koreans, even women, drink a lot and you should learn how to drink soju like them to participate in their fun drinking games. It's often during those that you can meet a bf/gf.

*I don't mean to imply that all Korean girls are money-hungry bitches. Some of my Korean girlfriends are wonderful people. The age thing I can confirm, because Korean female friends have told me they would be very reluctant to date someone younger than them, the money thing I am just reporting, though I do think it is likely to be true to some degree.

User avatar
nfl0nza
Posts: 28
Joined: Apr 20th, '07, 04:41
Location: Desert.

Post by nfl0nza » May 14th, '07, 17:52

*pops in*

Rant rant rant!

Have you ever had feelings for someone older than you, but you know that they're either above you, or just not attainable right at the moment? Yeah, I'm going through that right now. The dude is 7 years older than me, and I used to work with him but he's like a boss at the same time too. Good times. Anyways I'm trying to rationalize in my head to just stop liking him and go for this other dude that is a sure fire...bah. But then again it's summer and the sure fire dude goes to a different school on the east coast so yes to summer fling? Or I'm just overthinking things (which is what I do). In any case...*rant rant rant*

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Re: She needs Single Ranting Thread help!

Post by pwner4once » May 15th, '07, 04:19

<----

who is that o_O?
i am back for the moment.. a lot happened in the past year... I had to start working to save up money for college and started playing wow... I am graduating in 2 weeks... exciting huh? I was kind sad that I didn't ask this gurl out for prom but all the expenses wouldn't be worth that one time fun... anyhow reading back the comments, they made me realize something important in life and the true purpose of life. For the past 2 years, I wasted my time playing games and trying to escape reality by watching all the dorrama to keep myself happy.. but that's not the case anymore. Anyhow I am just glad to see the original crew is coming back together. Hope we can talk to Jerry again.

but i am glad to hear that everyone is coming back :D

User avatar
Mythrel
Posts: 463
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 02:34
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia

Post by Mythrel » May 18th, '07, 06:14

LOL this thread made it to 200 XD. I remember when it was a mere 1 page XD I enjoyed helping people out and debating (or I guess you could call it arguing, but there were a few I actually debated!)

Hope everyone is well! :lol
Im making you aware. That if you dont like me well I dont care. Ill be exactly who I am and if you got a problem with it. Well thats your problem, man.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 20th, '07, 05:16

hm I am 18 already and I guess after 5 years of no relationship. It is time to try again! There is a gurl named Jennifer at my school. She's always hanging around with these two boys who has gfs. But she just chills with them. She's not hot or ugly. Yet I have a feeling that she might find someone once in college. Therefore I kind want to use the summer to start our relationship. IN school we do know each other... she always call me by this nickname but it's just for cracking jokes. eerrr... question is monday is the only day we r gonna be together and graduation party.. how should i spark the light in the dark :O

btw i am graduating from hs and we r going to the same college.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 20th, '07, 05:18

pwner4once wrote:hm I am 18 already and I guess after 5 years of no relationship. It is time to try again! There is a gurl named Jennifer at my school. She's always hanging around with these two boys who has gfs. But she just chills with them. She's not hot or ugly. Yet I have a feeling that she might find someone once in college. Therefore I kind want to use the summer to start our relationship. IN school we do know each other... she always call me by this nickname but it's just for cracking jokes. eerrr... question is monday is the only day we r gonna be together and graduation party.. how should i spark the light in the dark :O

btw i am graduating from hs and we r going to the same college.

scott12199
Posts: 304
Joined: Feb 25th, '05, 01:13
Location: Somewhere in California

Post by scott12199 » May 20th, '07, 05:57

pwner4once wrote:
pwner4once wrote:hm I am 18 already and I guess after 5 years of no relationship. It is time to try again! There is a gurl named Jennifer at my school. She's always hanging around with these two boys who has gfs. But she just chills with them. She's not hot or ugly. Yet I have a feeling that she might find someone once in college. Therefore I kind want to use the summer to start our relationship. IN school we do know each other... she always call me by this nickname but it's just for cracking jokes. eerrr... question is monday is the only day we r gonna be together and graduation party.. how should i spark the light in the dark :O

btw i am graduating from hs and we r going to the same college.
get her drunk and tell her you think she's cute.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » May 20th, '07, 05:59

:lol
nice pal but no

User avatar
TRaven
Posts: 39
Joined: Mar 28th, '07, 02:22
Location: FL, USA
Contact:

Post by TRaven » May 20th, '07, 12:22

scott12199 wrote:
pwner4once wrote:
pwner4once wrote:hm I am 18 already and I guess after 5 years of no relationship. It is time to try again! There is a gurl named Jennifer at my school. She's always hanging around with these two boys who has gfs. But she just chills with them. She's not hot or ugly. Yet I have a feeling that she might find someone once in college. Therefore I kind want to use the summer to start our relationship. IN school we do know each other... she always call me by this nickname but it's just for cracking jokes. eerrr... question is monday is the only day we r gonna be together and graduation party.. how should i spark the light in the dark :O

btw i am graduating from hs and we r going to the same college.
get her drunk and tell her you think she's cute.
Greatest advice ever? I THINK SO!~ :salut:
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

User avatar
ruisu
Posts: 301
Joined: Apr 5th, '06, 21:47
Location: I'm on your screen, taking up your pixels

Post by ruisu » May 22nd, '07, 02:47

TRaven wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
pwner4once wrote:
get her drunk and tell her you think she's cute.
Greatest advice ever? I THINK SO!~ :salut:
Sounds like a plan

soulrogue
Posts: 49
Joined: Mar 28th, '06, 19:48
Location: India(<*-*>)

Post by soulrogue » May 22nd, '07, 20:30

ruisu wrote:
TRaven wrote:
scott12199 wrote: get her drunk and tell her you think she's cute.
Greatest advice ever? I THINK SO!~ :salut:
Sounds like a plan

one word.. awesome ... :alcoholic:
wish i had friends like you.. life would be.. "interesting"
:alcoholic: banzai :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

User avatar
Mythrel
Posts: 463
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 02:34
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia

Post by Mythrel » Aug 31st, '07, 19:04

Haven't been here in AGES, whats goin on guys? My gf is leaving for the Phillipines for 3 months T__T.
Im making you aware. That if you dont like me well I dont care. Ill be exactly who I am and if you got a problem with it. Well thats your problem, man.

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Aug 31st, '07, 19:06

Mythrel wrote:Haven't been here in AGES, whats goin on guys? My gf is leaving for the Phillipines for 3 months T__T.
aww haven't see u or haven't seen this thread for AGES! how r u mythrel? everyone just seems to be drifting away into their own lives and I am here struggling in college xD. Is college really all that fun?

User avatar
KuroRyu
Posts: 97
Joined: Sep 19th, '06, 18:44
Location: Sweden

Post by KuroRyu » Aug 31st, '07, 19:16

I wouldn't really use the word "fun".. but for me at least it's a nice change of pace after a rather monotonous summer break... kinda sad that my friends changed their majors and thus its going to be kinda lonely at my campus :-( .. but I guess I'll get absorbed in my studies and when I have some time slot vacant, dramas ! So all in all, it's not too bad :D

User avatar
pwner4once
Posts: 465
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 01:49
Location: Unite States
Contact:

Post by pwner4once » Aug 31st, '07, 19:18

KuroRyu wrote:I wouldn't really use the word "fun".. but for me at least it's a nice change of pace after a rather monotonous summer break... kinda sad that my friends changed their majors and thus its going to be kinda lonely at my campus :-( .. but I guess I'll get absorbed in my studies and when I have some time slot vacant, dramas ! So all in all, it's not too bad :D
aha i was just thinking about that but no offense. I kinda want to have a large friend network and workout... but i guess dreams stay what they are :scratch:

User avatar
Mythrel
Posts: 463
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 02:34
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia

Post by Mythrel » Sep 5th, '07, 18:33

pwner4once wrote:
Mythrel wrote:Haven't been here in AGES, whats goin on guys? My gf is leaving for the Phillipines for 3 months T__T.
aww haven't see u or haven't seen this thread for AGES! how r u mythrel? everyone just seems to be drifting away into their own lives and I am here struggling in college xD. Is college really all that fun?
College is what you take out of it. You are there to learn and have a different education experience. I made a bunch of new friends, but as to school being fun, I never had it lol. I haven't really been around that much lately. Work and GF/Friends take up too much of my time these days lol. Now that my GF is gone for 3months I'll be around more often. What are you taking?
Im making you aware. That if you dont like me well I dont care. Ill be exactly who I am and if you got a problem with it. Well thats your problem, man.

User avatar
Dreamfall
Posts: 171
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 15:16
Location: Serbia

Post by Dreamfall » Sep 7th, '07, 21:26

This thread is just what i need....NO...i don't admit being dating loser.OK...I AM loser...there- I said it....

I have stupid problem.I hate to have one night stand,but abviously there is no other way these days(months,years....) to have a bf.I'm just not that kind of person.Sometimes I feel like dating with 30 years old guy (or older) would be perfect thing to do :mrgreen: I like guys being attentive (damn movies and books...they made me belive there IS such a thing ) but I doubt theres someone for me.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest