SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 7th, '05, 23:52

hehe that a funny topic you lot were talking about =P hehe wow, just watch the finale sp thing, even though i didnt really understand what they were saying.the ending got me all shivery =P haha so how is everyone on this thread? i hope everyones okai, anyways, i bought some new clothes today, my brother helped me out, he even paid for my hair cut =S because my hair was turning into a bush =[
well im gonna give it a shot on monday to talk to her, but since mondays in a long time what should we all talk about??

cloud

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 7th, '05, 23:56

trueno92 wrote:hmmmmmm well im new here and decided to post cuz.... well i give a bit of advice to some of my female friends.... and i watched a bit of densha otoko, ;)

anyways, i didn't want to read thru all 45+ pages but there are 3 qualities required for a real relationship to work.

1. chemistry
2. attraction
3. interest.

there don't fall in any particular order, its just that if one of these qualities is off, then the rest fall as well........ i found this out a few relationships ago, seeing as my less serious flings lacked one or more of the above.....

anyways, anyone read this thread from Toronto, gta?
that i think that answer is more of a irresponsible answer. you are telling us that you have to wait for a perfect match in order for a relationship to work or to the point of actually starting one. However, REALITY doesn't go that way. love is not about picking and filtering, it's more about getting to know them and change because of them. for your list, i do thing there is an order to it. Interesting should be the first one, at least for me. as for others, it doesn't matter. but if i were to meet some1 with such prejudiced point of view, i might as well be hated by her and meet some1 else. It's too shallow and low class. If i sounded too condemning in this entry, then i am sorry. Just finished dinner... and kind pissed off :blink :P
Cloud James Lionheart wrote:hehe that a funny topic you lot were talking about =P hehe wow, just watch the finale sp thing, even though i didnt really understand what they were saying.the ending got me all shivery =P haha so how is everyone on this thread? i hope everyones okai, anyways, i bought some new clothes today, my brother helped me out, he even paid for my hair cut =S because my hair was turning into a bush =[
well im gonna give it a shot on monday to talk to her, but since mondays in a long time what should we all talk about??

cloud
peronsally i think Monday is the best day for you to talk to some1. you can start out with "how was your weekend and stuff liek regular talk" or if u want to make it sounds more interesting. might start off with a sigh or something refreshing. talk about your activity, e.g. why did u get a haircut. went or saw some funny show. and start getting info conversation about her and stuff. if u see she's not interested, then change subject right away. although she might be the Hermes type who just listens with a LOVELY SMILE!!! omfg... if so u might as well keep yourself from lying to her :lol :lol

trueno92

Post by trueno92 » Oct 8th, '05, 00:05

pwner4once wrote:[
that i think that answer is more of a irresponsible answer. you are telling us that you have to wait for a perfect match in order for a relationship to work or to the point of actually starting one. However, REALITY doesn't go that way. love is not about picking and filtering, it's more about getting to know them and change because of them. for your list, i do thing there is an order to it. Interesting should be the first one, at least for me. as for others, it doesn't matter. but if i were to meet some1 with such prejudiced point of view, i might as well be hated by her and meet some1 else. It's too shallow and low class. If i sounded too condemning in this entry, then i am sorry. Just finished dinner... and kind pissed off :blink :P
woah there. no one says you gotta wait about ANYTHING. what i listed are qualities for the relationship to LAST. and yah there is no order cuz think of it like a triangle and u'll see that if one falls out, the rest do as well. you can meet someone that is the most interesting person EVER, however if you aren't attracted to them, you probably arn't gonna step up your game past friendship. on the other side of the coin, if you guys are interested and you are attracted, but just can't stop fighting, well there is a lack of chemistry.. and i have seen lots of relationships like this and one usually ends up on the cheating side of the story.. .so chemistry is also equallly important.

all im saying is that these are what move your friendship up to the next level. i'm not one to start an argument, so if ur so pissed off to start making rash judgements, stop and think about it for a second.. strong relationships don't happen overnight.

love isnt' about picking and filtering? finding someone thats compatible, is. look at the relationships around you and ask yourself why they are with whomever. more often than not, it wasn't by accident.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 00:25

trueno92 wrote:
pwner4once wrote:[
woah there. no one says you gotta wait about ANYTHING. what i listed are qualities for the relationship to LAST. and yah there is no order cuz think of it like a triangle and u'll see that if one falls out, the rest do as well. you can meet someone that is the most interesting person EVER, however if you aren't attracted to them, you probably arn't gonna step up your game past friendship. on the other side of the coin, if you guys are interested and you are attracted, but just can't stop fighting, well there is a lack of chemistry.. and i have seen lots of relationships like this and one usually ends up on the cheating side of the story.. .so chemistry is also equallly important.

all im saying is that these are what move your friendship up to the next level. i'm not one to start an argument, so if ur so pissed off to start making rash judgements, stop and think about it for a second.. strong relationships don't happen overnight.

love isnt' about picking and filtering? finding someone thats compatible, is. look at the relationships around you and ask yourself why they are with whomever. more often than not, it wasn't by accident.
first i would like to apologize for flaming all those stuff at you. I got too hot headed for thinking about relationships and etc. There is one thing I think different though. chemistry and attraction might be the key to some, but often u look around and find people marriaged even though they weren't attacted or having chemistry when they first met. Because two of my cousins went out with their loved ones for 4 years now and the older one told me: they just kind met at a party and start dating each other. first sign, she didn't think he's attractive or any other sign. they just went out with each other and find out they had many things in common and now they are going ot get married. it might sounds like too much of a folly. but any attribute is necessary except interest; although meaning of chemistry, attraction and interest are really close to each other

trueno92

Post by trueno92 » Oct 8th, '05, 00:30

pwner4once wrote:
first i would like to apologize for flaming all those stuff at you. I got too hot headed for thinking about relationships and etc. There is one thing I think different though. chemistry and attraction might be the key to some, but often u look around and find people marriaged even though they weren't attacted or having chemistry when they first met.
i totally respect your opinion, but as i said before, interest, attraction & chemistry are what keep the relationship GOING..

how often do you step into a room full of people and see their personality? you don't. you see their appearences. meeting someone or starting whatever it is with that person is a completely different beast, based on, above all things, what you are looking for.. is it just a fling? do you want something meaningful? is it out of convenience? will it span across oceans?

again, there are many other words that can describe relationships, but those 3 qualities are what keep the furnace burning..... Not what ignites the fire.

erink

Post by erink » Oct 8th, '05, 00:50

Maybe I'm a realist, or just robotic, but I think love has to be some sort of chemical reaction. Think about if, you can't really control it, you can't choose who you love, its just there.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 00:52

haha i guess that's what you call "falling in love" then =D
although i don't think you can count number of kinda number there are.

Aznakedog

Post by Aznakedog » Oct 8th, '05, 00:56

LOL, this thread cracks me up. How old are some of you in this thread? Some of you seem to be a little young to be talking about love. Anyways, good luck to those who are trying to catch the girl's attention.

NatsumeMan

Post by NatsumeMan » Oct 8th, '05, 01:02

1. chemistry
2. attraction
3. interest.

These things will not make a relationship last. Chemistry? The body's chemistry is constantly changing... Sometimes you're in the mood for lovin' and sometimes you're not... And chemistry isn't subject to declaration of love for one person. Sometimes, a person might be hit by a chemical rush from a person to which they have absolutely NO love or respect. Chemistry is hormonal, and has nothing to do with whether or not a relationship lasts. In fact, many people who overly rely on hormones tend to be cheaters... (Because if your body tells you that you want something, it must be what you should do.)

Attraction doesn't necessarily set up a good relationship either. Plenty of old, wrinkly people are together... They aren't really attracted to each other anymore, but they stick together because they find a sense of companionship, sharing the same experiences, and a bond that forms with time.

Interest is a pretty open category. Sharing a few interests is definitely a good thing in a relationship.

I believe that the three aspects of a good, long-lasting relationship are:

1. Devotion - One must realize that you can always count on the other person being there for you. You must be willing to say "no" to hormones and chemistry that try to lead you to another person because only devotion will keep you together.

2. Trust - You must be willing to trust and respect the other person. A relationship is a two-way street. Trying to change a person or not allowing them to live their own life is self-centered. A relationship has to work from both sides.

3. Caring - Express your feelings in a caring way, physically or emotionally; you must show that other person that you care for them.

Oh, I'm not a single person so I guess I don't belong in this thread... Just think of it as pearls of wisdom from above. :mrgreen:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 02:58

Aznakedog wrote:LOL, this thread cracks me up. How old are some of you in this thread? Some of you seem to be a little young to be talking about love. Anyways, good luck to those who are trying to catch the girl's attention.
well im sure it's pretty normal for us to date around age of 17. I think it's also very meaning to talk about life and etc. Not all about how, who, when or how you would date. let's not make us a bunch of otakus. Imitating them should be fun, but definitely not in reality. By the way, does anyone if there is such a forum where people talks about life and stuff in general? in a philosophical way maybe? I been trying to find one and explain my thoughts for a long time now. Never managed to find one :cry:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 8th, '05, 03:25

used. :-(

Aznakedog

Post by Aznakedog » Oct 8th, '05, 03:57

pwner4once wrote:
Aznakedog wrote:LOL, this thread cracks me up. How old are some of you in this thread? Some of you seem to be a little young to be talking about love. Anyways, good luck to those who are trying to catch the girl's attention.
well im sure it's pretty normal for us to date around age of 17. I think it's also very meaning to talk about life and etc. Not all about how, who, when or how you would date. let's not make us a bunch of otakus. Imitating them should be fun, but definitely not in reality. By the way, does anyone if there is such a forum where people talks about life and stuff in general? in a philosophical way maybe? I been trying to find one and explain my thoughts for a long time now. Never managed to find one :cry:
I was referencing about love and not dating. Love and dating are two separate entities that may or may not coexist.... AND no shiet people around 17 date, you take me for an idiot? You should stop being overly sensitive. Otakus or not, I find this thread fun to read. If you're offended that I'm laughing, sorry. otherwise bite me.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 8th, '05, 04:08

Aznakedog wrote:
pwner4once wrote:
I was referencing about love and not dating. Love and dating are two separate entities that may or may not coexist.... AND no shiet people around 17 date, you take me for an idiot? You should stop being overly sensitive. Otakus or not, I find this thread fun to read. If you're offended that I'm laughing, sorry. otherwise bite me.
maybe i misread or something, but he didn't sound offended to me, or even upset about what you said. laugh all you want, no one's stopping you. some of us are laughing along too.

Aznakedog

Post by Aznakedog » Oct 8th, '05, 04:19

gomenasai

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 8th, '05, 04:26

daijoubu desu yo :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 04:31

pwner4once wrote: Jeremiah~
on and off i read ur posts, just as mine was read by everyone else. ur words makes me feel you are always sad without reasons. u might think it's frivolous and sad, but i want to hear it out just so we can give u some moral support, even might solve your problem this way.
Well pwner4once, I'm just a lonely guy that's all. No friends at all. I wish I could turn back times and then everything would be different. It all started April '99, my very best friend since school days, died due to fatal illness. He died the very next day of our usual meeting, we had plan our career together, how it would be. Now he's gone. The same year June '99 I lost my dearest cousin due to an incident caused by a doctor else she would have been here today.

You see, everyone that I cherished most died, do you think it's fair? For me it's not. So since this day, I cut contacts with everybody. I may have colleagues but it's just colleagues. I'm just lonely. My parents are so old that I don't try to bother them with all my sorrows and pains. I act as if I'm a normal person when it should.

Anyway, don't bother about me, I'll survive. I've been surviving for years now. But I really wish that my life would have been different like a normal people.

We are here to give support to Valcun, our bus otoko :w000t:

inishi

Post by inishi » Oct 8th, '05, 04:41

trueno92 wrote:hmmmmmm well im new here and decided to post cuz.... well i give a bit of advice to some of my female friends.... and i watched a bit of densha otoko, ;)

anyways, i didn't want to read thru all 45+ pages but there are 3 qualities required for a real relationship to work.

1. chemistry
2. attraction
3. interest.

there don't fall in any particular order, its just that if one of these qualities is off, then the rest fall as well........ i found this out a few relationships ago, seeing as my less serious flings lacked one or more of the above.....

lol i'm from toronto, gtaaaaaaaaaaa!!! well...i live like half an hour away but i come out every week XD

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 8th, '05, 05:04

Jeremiah wrote: Well pwner4once, I'm just a lonely guy that's all. No friends at all. I wish I could turn back times and then everything would be different. It all started April '99, my very best friend since school days, died due to fatal illness. He died the very next day of our usual meeting, we had plan our career together, how it would be. Now he's gone. The same year June '99 I lost my dearest cousin due to an incident caused by a doctor else she would have been here today.

You see, everyone that I cherished most died, do you think it's fair? For me it's not. So since this day, I cut contacts with everybody. I may have colleagues but it's just colleagues. I'm just lonely. My parents are so old that I don't try to bother them with all my sorrows and pains. I act as if I'm a normal person when it should.

Anyway, don't bother about me, I'll survive. I've been surviving for years now. But I really wish that my life would have been different like a normal people.

We are here to give support to Valcun, our bus otoko :w000t:
Don't forget that you may not have "friend" in the real world. But HERE ! you have the kind of relationship that can call "friend" HERE.
You don't have to reveal who you are , where you from but i think everyone HERE (at least for me) can share some of your pain , some of your sorrow with you or at least can talk , cheer and support you.

So keep thinking you're not only a lonely guy, you have us !!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 8th, '05, 06:13

Wut wrote:Don't forget that you may not have "friend" in the real world. But HERE ! you have the kind of relationship that can call "friend" HERE.
You don't have to reveal who you are , where you from but i think everyone HERE (at least for me) can share some of your pain , some of your sorrow with you or at least can talk , cheer and support you.

that's one of the nicest things i've ever heard.

way to go d-addicts!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 07:00

Wut wrote: Don't forget that you may not have "friend" in the real world. But HERE ! you have the kind of relationship that can call "friend" HERE.

Thanks for your kindness Wut :cry: . I'm trying to change things now but seems difficult though. :crazy:

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Oct 8th, '05, 08:32

holy.. lol no wonder i couldnt find it.. hahaha the title changed.. so its for advice now huh?
oh yea cloud, dspR wut the update on ur guys's situation... i wanna know if anything i said helped at all?

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Oct 8th, '05, 08:34

x_XJules wrote:
Wut wrote:Don't forget that you may not have "friend" in the real world. But HERE ! you have the kind of relationship that can call "friend" HERE.

that's one of the nicest things i've ever heard.

way to go d-addicts!

wow... now thas deep... props.. and yea i second that.. if anyone here on Addicts thinks their alone.. just come and ask.. this community is very friendly and open.. dont be afraid :D we consider everyone friends :D

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 8th, '05, 09:02

I forgot exactly what I did this week.
All I know is I embarassed myself in Japanese class yesterday.
I wrote the wrong question on the board and had to rewrite it by myself, which took about one to two minutes of holding up the class.
I was pretty pressured because I don't like doing things in front of people that I don't really know. Maybe she might think I'm not that smart? I hope not.

I really didn't do anything this week.
All I did was get help from her friend. She's going to help me as well as you guys.
She might help me talk to her friends, even though I back away if it's one person.
Her friend, the one that headlocked me, came by. Then I backed off towards my other friend.
I was so nervous for some reason, even though I sorta talked to her in freshmen or sophomore year, but I looked much different back then.

And here's a really embarassing reason why I might say my appearance isn't all too well.
I'm about middle weight, but I have these fat nipples that show through clothes. It makes me look fat with moobies.
I've been doing chest exercises for months now and I barely see any change.
These nipples suck. :c

~ハ-ツイ-

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 8th, '05, 09:32

dspR, i don't think guy's appearance effect the girl's decision.

so, don't so nervous about your appearance too much.
just be the little funny guy that enough to make good relationship between you and other gals , regardless your appearance !

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Oct 8th, '05, 10:13

Sorry for writing so late, I sort of felt reluctant to write after I got home from work about an hour ago.

Last night, again I could not sleep at all and stared blankly at the clock just waiting for it to go off. As the alarm went off, I snapped immediately off my bed and went to get ready. As I looked into the mirror, I noticed that my I had a major out break all over my face. I felt like I had a 3d map of the rocky mountains on my face. As I frantically tried to cover it up by using my acne cream, I began shaving. Things suddenly got from good to mildly bad. As the blades ran across the rough surface of my skin, I accidentally cut my self. Next I tried to get my hair style done as best as possible. But when I tried to shape it in the way I wanted, It just didn't go my way. This was probably the worst hair day of my life. After doing my daily hygiene, I packed my bag with what I needed for college today. As I open the door, I saw it starting to mildly drizzle. I quickly grabbed my umbrella and walked outside. As I opened it, the rain suddenly stopped. So I closed my umbrella, but when this happen it began to rain again. This happened constantly as I walked to the bus stop. It was if god was messing with me to make my life feel more miserable.

At the bus stop, I met a kind of cute girl who was sitting at the stop looking all lonely. At this point I knew that if I was going to have a good conversation and sound interesting to the dream girl, I should start practicing having a good conversation. I smoothly walked up to the stop and sat on the bench right next to her. I then said "Has the Circle Island bus come yet?" she replied. "No not yet, but it seems like its running late." I then sarcastically said, "Yeah, I know what you mean. These buses nowadays run on their own time." She smiled at me and agreed. Then I started to tell her a crazy bus story that really happened to me. That on the first day of college I took the wrong bus and ended up as far as you can possibly be from my college. I then asked her if she goes to the same college as me, but she said that she went to a different college. We then talked about the usual information about what is your major and what classes she is taking. Every time she would say the name of the class she took, I would turn it around and make it look as if it was the worse thing in the world. I then started to talk about the weather and how much it sucked. She smiled at me and just laughed.

My bus finally came after that phrase. We exchanged our farewells and I boarded the bus. My heart began to pound hard like a punching bag. I looked left and right down the aisle. Unfamiliar faces began to become more frequent as I passed by them. Finally getting to the back, I realized that she wasn't there. She is like a ghost and only appears when she wants to. As the bus got half way to college, I got off. I waited patiently for half and hour. It began to rain again except this time it was the hardest I ever seen. As the bus neared the stop. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I said to my self, "This is it, just be your self." As I boarded the bus, I looked very hard at each person in each seat. Practically paying attention to every detail from what color shirt they were wearing, to the type of bag they were wearing. As I got half way through the aisle, I knew she wasn't on the bus and stopped looking for her and just walked straight to the back. As I looked outside, the rain got even worse. It was practically hail storming. As the doors opened, I didn't even bother to open my umbrella and just walked out. As I walked through the blizzard, everyone from young children to old men and women stared at me frantically as if I was a crazy person. But I didn't care anymore and tried to forget about everything by turning on my FM radio on my mp3 player. As the radio instantly tuned into a station, the song that was playing was "righteous brothers - unchained melody". As ironic as this may seemed, I starting to think while I walked through this storm. "Is god messing with me? Is he testing me by pushing me to my breaking limits? What have I done to make him look down on me to smite me. All I wanted was to find in happiness in life, but all I found was sadness. My mind tells me to give up, but my heart says to go on. What should I do?" :pale:

Later on that day, I walked through a park to get to work. But during my journey I began to reflect and think on all the events that happen these pass two days. I then finally realized that I still have one more pitch. I only struck out twice, I still have a chance to hit a home run. I will try again on Monday. :D

-Valcun

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 8th, '05, 10:31

Goodluck next time Valcun !!!

anyways , the lonely girl at the bus stop , she seems to interest in you , isn't she ? :D

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 8th, '05, 12:26

Valcun, at least you've made a great impression!!
Anyway, sometimes it might be wise not to have your hope too high though... I'm not trying to be a troll or an ass, but I warn you that sometimes your dream girl might look good at the first sight, but you won't feel attached to this girl later on (various reasons)..
Take your time and try to feel if she is a nice one to get along with...
Just continue with the attack!! :D

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Oct 8th, '05, 13:20

I'm at the Harbour Front, Queens Quay/Spadina area in TO.
inishi wrote:

1. chemistry
2. attraction
3. interest.

lol i'm from toronto, gtaaaaaaaaaaa!!! well...i live like half an hour away but i come out every week XD

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 14:08

Next time, I do hope you meet her again Valcun. Best of all luck to you!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 15:10

You have my support too Valcun!!!
When I had my first time: seeing a girl i love and then she jus disappeared for a while
you start thinking about her and everything about her tends to stand our eminently. from experience, it's just an over exaggeration. I am not saying you should give up looking for her, but don't think of it as doing it as a part of your life. speaking of which, wat do u think of that girl u talked to at the bench? It sounds like you two aren't having trouble talking to each other. are u interested in her?

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 8th, '05, 15:42

wow, that sounds like a drama, GO BUS OTOKU!!! =D hehe hmm let all hope that our mondays are gonna turn out great, lol. ( ^_^ )

cloud

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 15:51

Not only Mondays but everyday!!!

equang

Post by equang » Oct 8th, '05, 16:34

Good luck everybody!! You guys give me so much heart.

~Jeremiah, if you ever want to break out of your shell and make real life friends, join something with other people in it. Like, take a class at a local arts center, go to the gym, chill in cafes. You need to put yourself where other people are :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 16:55

equang wrote:Good luck everybody!! You guys give me so much heart.

~Jeremiah, if you ever want to break out of your shell and make real life friends, join something with other people in it. Like, take a class at a local arts center, go to the gym, chill in cafes. You need to put yourself where other people are :D
Thanks for your support equang! I'm actually doing my best, but I can't see myself without my computer :blink

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 8th, '05, 17:49

you just need to try...
Maybe it's gonna be much more fun if you try to get along with interesting new people. As long as they accept you, it's fine.
Local college of arts or some local clubs is nice. You can have the chance to know people who are taking it. Preferably if they are living in your neighbourhood.
I'm sure when everything is going well, you will eventually forgot how you need to be online and doing this and that. Obviously you will have your time filled for going out, socializing, or several other things.
Anyway, do your best. Don't think of what you will be without computer. Just do and turn a blind eye into it. Ganbare, kozou!!

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 8th, '05, 17:57

gambatte mina ^_^ and if you ant live with out ur computer buy a laptop jeremiah-san hehe ^_^

cloud

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 8th, '05, 18:37

Signatures work now?
Sweet.

Wait a second.
Jeremiah, how did you get your signature to work?
Last edited by dspR on Oct 8th, '05, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 18:38

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:gambatte mina ^_^ and if you ant live with out ur computer buy a laptop jeremiah-san hehe ^_^

cloud
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
that's a brilliant idea. but make sure u get a extra big hard drive since u don't want to lose all ur dramas :D

Having always encouraged others, you guys, somewhat active ones, encouraged me a lot too. I believe i have never shared any of my grief and sorrows on this forum. Although i wouldn't be sure if you guys even want to hear it. anyways, i thought this afternoon, I might go biking with my friends. This might be the first time I am going ot be out of the house within 9 days. :cry: I just noticed outside is pretty cold when i took the trash out.. :blink
anyways, thanks to all you guys

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 8th, '05, 18:41

Nevermind, I got it to work.
I hope. :x

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 18:43

:x :x :x :x :x
how did u guys get it to work??
do u need to enable something? :crazy:
i put some text in my sig and it never works.

it's working now since i clicked on attach sign. do u need to do that everytime u post?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 18:52

mina dai suki dessssssssss!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being here giving nice idea!!

pwner4once~ feel free to post grieves. We'll support you like you're supporting us!! Like Wut said, we are all FRIENDS!!

Hontou ni arigatou gozaimasu everyone!!

[Signatures]
You have to go to your profile and you'll see public information like this:

Public information
» Personal informations
» Contact
» Messengers
» Web informations
» Profile Settings <--- This is where you have to go.

Then click on posting, enable the signature option :lol

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 20:28

Jeremiah wrote:mina dai suki dessssssssss!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being here giving nice idea!!

pwner4once~ feel free to post grieves. We'll support you like you're supporting us!! Like Wut said, we are all FRIENDS!!

Hontou ni arigatou gozaimasu everyone!!

[Signatures]
You have to go to your profile and you'll see public information like this:

Public information
» Personal informations
» Contact
» Messengers
» Web informations
» Profile Settings <--- This is where you have to go.

Then click on posting, enable the signature option :lol
ty ty ty
jesus they made it so complicated by using the section stuff... how stupid :blink

genki_guy

Post by genki_guy » Oct 8th, '05, 21:31

love the thread-- here's my 2 cents on some of your situations-- i'm single right now, but have dated a ton of girls-- take this for what it's worth-- i mean all criticism constructively:

<b>Cloud</b> - go for both girls. You're in like flynn with Cameraphone, and Seriousgirl (you have to give them names a la Hermes) will like you more if she sees that other girls like you.

<b>Bus Otaku</b> - stop this. You are a stalker. The difference between Densha Otoko and you is that Densha had a connection to Hermes-- the drunk incident. Until you have something actually in common with Bus-hermes, *something* in common (which could be as simple as you like the band that's on her shirt or pin) you are just a creepy guy who thinks that finding a girl hot is reason enough to talk to her. There needs to be *something* to get that conversation started, something in common, or in her mind, you're just some weird dude on the bus. Do you smoke? Ask her for a light at the busstop. Or hire a friend to act like a harrassing drunk... You should spend your energy toward self-improvement like Cloud -- get a haircut, but some new clothes, etc. Good things will happen. Have you posted a picture? Get some advice from the fellow threaders.

<b>Ladym</b> - you and Tom from Germany (if forget his handle) need to hook up, if you haven't already. He likes Eastern European women.

<b>Equang</b> - as a transgender, i think it's gonna be really, really hard to date "normal" girls, as you put it, if not impossible. Your dating pool is girls who are lesbian or girls who are bi. There has *got* to be tons of online sites for people with your dating interest, so to speak. You say you need to pretend to be lesbian to get any action, but really, what do you mean? Even if you want to look and dress like a guy, you're attracted to women. Hell, act lesbian if that works!

<b>zaraki_kenpachi</b> - you're a hot asian guy. i'm sure you have no problem meeting girls. Yes, you do only *really* fall in love once in your life. Then you eventually meet someone else who's *pretty* good and you get married. sorry!

<b>Gibonite</b>-- you are a French japanophile, which is a touchy subject for me b/c the one true love of my life was also a French girl who was into Japan. (sob) we also broke up b/c of distance. Anyway, yes, french men mean it when they say "i love you," but they will change their minds soon. Europeans say "i love you" (or je taime) WAY sooner than Americans do. I don't think they mean the same thing. But don't worry-- in America and Britain your accent is like gold.

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 8th, '05, 21:37

Ladym - you and Tom from Germany (if forget his handle) need to hook up, if you haven't already. He likes Eastern European women.

ha ha ha ..i'm sorry to tell u that ...but his not the one ...mine is asian so ...and his name is not tom :P :roll :mrgreen: :D

but thank u for advice.. :mrgreen:

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 8th, '05, 21:44

hehe thanks genki guy for the advice, i will use those names actually, itll help lot when im explaining ^_^ well right now im focused on serious girl, im jsut going to be natural really.. because when you watch densha, the guy who keeps going thru his plans in his head, never actually works, so i think im jsut going to be naterally me, just like densha ^_^

well serious girl here i come

cloud

equang

Post by equang » Oct 8th, '05, 23:54

Thanks for the advice Genki Guy, but it's a little harder than that. :P I'm pre-op so straight girls don't like me because I physically resemble a woman (when I'm minus a few clothes, you can't really tell when I'm dressed) but lesbians don't like me because my mind is that of a guy's. I've decided to take a break from dating. I'm not giving up. I'm just giving it a rest. This is a pretty big step for me because I've always been pretty girl-centric, but I'm just going to focus on studying for now and doing well in school.

bloopy_babo

Post by bloopy_babo » Oct 9th, '05, 00:16

equang, some girls like the pretty boy look. do you really look like a woman? or jus a reallly pretty pretty boy?

advice anyone on how to approach guys at school jus for a chat or something? really i dont get how to make friends wit guys but not like im lookin for a boyfriend.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 9th, '05, 01:16

equang wrote:Thanks for the advice Genki Guy, but it's a little harder than that. :P I'm pre-op so straight girls don't like me because I physically resemble a woman (when I'm minus a few clothes, you can't really tell when I'm dressed) but lesbians don't like me because my mind is that of a guy's. I've decided to take a break from dating. I'm not giving up. I'm just giving it a rest. This is a pretty big step for me because I've always been pretty girl-centric, but I'm just going to focus on studying for now and doing well in school.
I really respect your opinion, equang, on school and looking like a girl or having any attribute of that sort is not bad in my opinion. In fact I think of it as a gift with is very unique. so don't get all embarassed or shamed by it. Be proud not arrogant though, you might always present yourself as a guy who's always afraid of people saying , you look like a girl, and such. Next time try to be proud and actually laugh about it. What's the big deal? Many people can be stupid and make stupid jokes, don't take them seriously. but would u care submit any picture for us as a reference?

Bus Otaku
not all people would be positive about what you are doing. but i think of it as more of a commitment. You are only doing this so you can talk to the one you really love. Instead of walk away and forget about it, you are doing something about it. so don't regret anything. you might not find her riding the bus today, why not try tomorrow? Speaking of what you are doing, I don't think it should be called stalking at all. Since you haven't even find her yet, you are not following anyone. And if you did, you would be talking to her instead of simply following and creeping out on her.

anyways good luck to you. Trying is always better than not. For myself, I have been staying in the house for a long time now and never gave myself the change to go out and breath the refreshing air at once. I feel burdened by my grief and sorrows, what good would that do? would i have a happy life afterward? No, i think so. It might become true in the future, but i am going to go ahead and change it a bit. I went biking today with my friend. I didn't know it got so cold outside and how fresh the air was. It was fun and definitely brightened up my mood. so here is my result and I would like to hear all you other guys' and girls' too! Don't u give up on life! :D

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 9th, '05, 02:25

bloopy_babo wrote:equang, some girls like the pretty boy look. do you really look like a woman? or jus a reallly pretty pretty boy?

advice anyone on how to approach guys at school jus for a chat or something? really i dont get how to make friends wit guys but not like im lookin for a boyfriend.
Advice on how to approach guys at school just for chat or something? Just approach them directly, and if you want, you can just make some talk or some sort of "formality" first...
Like saying "hi, did you have the notes for this subject, blah blah blah" for starting convo, or maybe something else like "hi, could you help me on this thing blah blah blah" and start the convo stuff.
Just don't be shy!!

suhai

Post by suhai » Oct 9th, '05, 02:37

as bad as this sounds, im 18 i work, im funny, im good looking (not to brag) but wtf i have a few pimples that wont go away o matter wat i do, and my face has id say alot of blackheads, scrubs and warming masks dont do **** for me , anyone have suggestion

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 9th, '05, 04:58

suhai wrote:as bad as this sounds, im 18 i work, im funny, im good looking (not to brag) but wtf i have a few pimples that wont go away o matter wat i do, and my face has id say alot of blackheads, scrubs and warming masks dont do **** for me , anyone have suggestion
be confident and show your sincerity. It's going to be your greatest trait to appeal the girls

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Oct 9th, '05, 05:54

genki_guy
<b>Bus Otaku</b> - stop this. You are a stalker. The difference between Densha Otoko and you is that Densha had a connection to Hermes-- the drunk incident. Until you have something actually in common with Bus-hermes, *something* in common (which could be as simple as you like the band that's on her shirt or pin) you are just a creepy guy who thinks that finding a girl hot is reason enough to talk to her. There needs to be *something* to get that conversation started, something in common, or in her mind, you're just some weird dude on the bus. Do you smoke? Ask her for a light at the busstop. Or hire a friend to act like a harrassing drunk... You should spend your energy toward self-improvement like Cloud -- get a haircut, but some new clothes, etc. Good things will happen. Have you posted a picture? Get some advice from the fellow threaders.
genki_guy your right, maybe I should stop where I am before I get hurt. But why do you want to see my picture? :blink
pwner4once

Bus Otaku

not all people would be positive about what you are doing. but i think of it as more of a commitment. You are only doing this so you can talk to the one you really love. Instead of walk away and forget about it, you are doing something about it. so don't regret anything. you might not find her riding the bus today, why not try tomorrow? Speaking of what you are doing, I don't think it should be called stalking at all. Since you haven't even find her yet, you are not following anyone. And if you did, you would be talking to her instead of simply following and creeping out on her.

anyways good luck to you. Trying is always better than not. For myself, I have been staying in the house for a long time now and never gave myself the change to go out and breath the refreshing air at once. I feel burdened by my grief and sorrows, what good would that do? would i have a happy life afterward? No, i think so. It might become true in the future, but i am going to go ahead and change it a bit. I went biking today with my friend. I didn't know it got so cold outside and how fresh the air was. It was fun and definitely brightened up my mood. so here is my result and I would like to hear all you other guys' and girls' too! Don't u give up on life! Big Smile
Thank your pwner40nce for your words of inspiration. But if I go on, I'll just be hurting my self more. Maybe genki is right after all. There are many women out there, I should just forget this angelic one and move on. Its to the point as towards why do I even try?
I can't even draw the line from sane to insanity. But at this current moment after reading genki's post. I feel very lost in my emotions and thoughts. :cry:

genki_guy

Post by genki_guy » Oct 9th, '05, 07:36

Valcun wrote: genki_guy your right, maybe I should stop where I am before I get hurt. But why do you want to see my picture? :blink
heh- just so your fellow threaders can give some commentary on your style.

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 07:48

suhai wrote:as bad as this sounds, im 18 i work, im funny, im good looking (not to brag) but wtf i have a few pimples that wont go away o matter wat i do, and my face has id say alot of blackheads, scrubs and warming masks dont do **** for me , anyone have suggestion
well suhai no matter if u are a boy or girl but if u realy whant to know i my self try a lot of masks...and the best i found is this:

first u have to have a camomile infusion .stay ther about 15 min..after that take a little yoghurt ,lemmon and yeast..and mix them...stay with this mask about 10 min after that rinse out with warm wather....and use some cream after that..

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 07:50

genki_guy wrote:
Valcun wrote: genki_guy your right, maybe I should stop where I am before I get hurt. But why do you want to see my picture? :blink
heh- just so your fellow threaders can give some commentary on your style.
i want to see your picture too. :P :mrgreen:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 07:56

I just called my former Kung Fu master. I'm back to business. I now have training every Tuesday and Saturday evening. Hmm that will be very difficult though, back to training after ten years of absence.

He was very surprised to hear me wanting back in training and he's delighted as well to have one of his trainees back. Well.. thanks to everyone words of support. I do hope that a new day will begin!! Arigatou Gozaimasu!!

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 9th, '05, 07:59

Good Luck ! Jeremiah :-)

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 9th, '05, 09:01

Ah, I wished it was a weekday, but I have Monday off. I get my package that day though. :/
Anyways, I will probably be able to do this by the end of next semester (End of Japanese class).
At the end of my Japanese class, the entire class (About ten to eleven people) is allowed to go to some Japanese import store.
It's medium sized and carries lot's of Japanese imports. I heard they serve great Ramen, but there's no way I can just stop now and talk to her then.

I'll try not to care about appearance, but I worked on changing it for so long.
I'm on a frequent diet and work out everyday.
I'm wearing buttoned down shirts with ties instead of the golf shirt as a school uniform.
I changed my hairstyle because she likes Asian guys with those hairstyles.
I buy clothes a lot now and I always want to match, just for her.
Maybe she notices me, but I don't know if she really is interested.

What makes me interested is her male friends.
I know some of them, but I hardly ever talk to them.
She knows this guy who looks strong and has a very interesting personality.
He's not afraid to say something and he knows a lot. He probably knows a lot of girls.
When he's with my friend that I made the pact with and I'm nearby, I can hardly make out what they're talking about.

Then she knows a guy with long hair and glasses that are probably older than mine.
I'd say he's a nerd, but I think his personality is something else.
He's pretty outgoing and with a wild personality. He wears skater-brand shoes and those hoodies, what I used to wear back then.
I remember being with his friends, including one I used to know, but he got kicked out of my school.
In my mind, I thought "There is no way that he's her friend."
I was wrong in the end.

However, when I visited her MySpace, I noticed she has a lot of guy "friends" who have that Asian look any woman would die for. She's even interested in her Korean guy friend's friend. It sounded like she really really wanted to get to know him. OTL
*Sigh*, I wished I could be like that person, he's got it all.

Even though I'm focusing on her, I have to focus on school at the same time.
This year is the hardest year I've ever had, but I need to find sync between the two.
I'm going to try to be my own person now. After all this, I feel some more confidence.
I can't hide what's inside me forever, that is why I wear TRUTH on my right wrist.
It always reminds me about that.

These two days, I'm going to continue thinking about these things.
Even though I thought relationships would be easy, I didn't expect it to have such an impact on me.
I hope this week is my week to start it all.

~ハ-ツイ-

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 09:27

dspR-san, all I can say is that take Densha's courage as an example and may be the light be with you!

@wut-san, hontou ni arigatou! :-)

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 10:26

Jeremiah wrote:dspR-san, all I can say is that take Densha's courage as an example and may be the light be with you!

@wut-san, hontou ni arigatou! :-)
what kind of martial arts are u practising..?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 10:41

I was practising Wu Shu, but now my master said that I need to practice the old Shaolin style!! The Shaolin style is a very hard one, but I think it will be okay since I already know the Wu Shu style. Moreover, I'll be meeting other people. :-)

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 10:48

a tryed wu shu too...but because i dont have a sensei i choose tai chi and tae kwon do.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 10:57

So you have been practicing tai chi and tae kwon do? They are great discipline too!

The Wu Shu style is much more easy because it is for show only, but the old Shaolin style is all about inner strength. Somehow I wonder if I can do it, to work out inner strength than the outer strenght :blink

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 9th, '05, 10:59

hehe looks like you two could save any damsel in destress =P hehe ^_^

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 11:02

u are funny cloud.. :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 11:03

Cloud~ actually, ladym could save her densha -^_^-

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 11:05

Jeremiah wrote:So you have been practicing tai chi and tae kwon do? They are great discipline too!

The Wu Shu style is much more easy because it is for show only, but the old Shaolin style is all about inner strength. Somehow I wonder if I can do it, to work out inner strength than the outer strenght :blink
i wish so much to find a great master but here in romania they only are doing for money or if u are a girl for something alse..

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 11:07

Jeremiah wrote:Cloud~ actually, ladym could save her densha -^_^-

ha ha ha ..i enjoy martial arts because they bring peace in my soul...and i have so much energy that i can't stap for a min..i even climb in trees too..he he he :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 11:15

ladym wrote:i wish so much to find a great master but here in romania they only are doing for money or if u are a girl for something alse..,
So bad then, I do hope you find a good master to train you.
ladym wrote:ha ha ha ..i enjoy martial arts because they bring peace in my soul...and i have so much energy that i can't stap for a min..i even climb in trees too..he he he :P
I once feel the same when I begun martial arts. I've stop all my activities because of some ill-fated incidents in the past. It is just now that I'm trying to get back on my feet after watching Densha and because of mainly of everyones words of support here.

I hope that I get rid of my "computer otakuness" but if I do so, I'll miss everyone here for sure. That's a big dilemma :crazy:

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 11:20

Jeremiah wrote:
ladym wrote:i wish so much to find a great master but here in romania they only are doing for money or if u are a girl for something alse..,
So bad then, I do hope you find a good master to train you.
ladym wrote:ha ha ha ..i enjoy martial arts because they bring peace in my soul...and i have so much energy that i can't stap for a min..i even climb in trees too..he he he :P
I once feel the same when I begun martial arts. I've stop all my activities because of some ill-fated incidents in the past. It is just now that I'm trying to get back on my feet after watching Densha and because of mainly of everyones words of support here.

I hope that I get rid of my "computer otakuness" but if I do so, I'll miss everyone here for sure. That's a big dilemma :crazy:

well u could joyn us when u are resting. :P ..but if u have to choose between us and martial arts choose martial arts beacuse they can help u become a better :mrgreen: person.. :mrgreen:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 11:24

ladym wrote:well u could joyn us when u are resting. :P
Heh!! You got the point :lol I'll be here when there are no training :-) I'm such a baka, didn't think about that :blink

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 11:32

i'm glad that u approve me he he he ...
so from how many years are u practising

and if i'm not to bold may i see your pic hi hi

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 9th, '05, 11:36

I removed my otaku-ness awhile ago.
Even my otaku friends afterwards. I feel so cold now that I think of it.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 11:40

I was practicing since I was 9 years of age. At age of 15, I've stop going to training gradually because of studies (I only attend 1 training over 12 sessions per month) and stop completely when I reached 19.

ladym, my pic is posted here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=855
Last edited by Xi@h on Oct 9th, '05, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 9th, '05, 11:40

dspR wrote:I removed my otaku-ness awhile ago.
Even my otaku friends afterwards. I feel so cold now that I think of it.
and why have u done such a think? :unsure: