SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 3rd, '05, 00:08

dont worry cloud, im the same as you... always arguing with my mom... sigh, cant explain it to anyone, cause no one at home.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 00:10

I really don't know if I should do it.
I mean, I knew her for at least 2+ years now and she never really gave me much burden.

inishi

Post by inishi » Oct 3rd, '05, 00:36

shouldn't be a problem if you trust her and you guys are close...not like she's gonna go tell her lol, maybe she can give you tips since she knows you and the girl o_o

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Oct 3rd, '05, 00:40

dspR.. I don't think just asking questions to her friend would cause any harm. Things like "So what does she think of me" or "what kinda guy is she into." But not to the extent of saying " I'm really into your friend... hook it up" Because things like that have to fall onto you.

... but I shouldn' talk because I'm in the same situation as you are in :D

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 00:51

That's a good suggestion.
I don't remember if I asked her that before, but I'll try tomorrow.
Once I get the information about what she likes and dislikes, I'll post specs.

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 3rd, '05, 00:58

hmmm i tried that before dspr... the thing is... i told my friend (close friend actually) that i liked her friend... and then shes helping me and all... and afterwards she goes i like you... im like uh oh... man that was ghey... but nothing happened with the girl i liked, kinda went bad actually, and me and my friend, we're not as close anymore... i think she told me not to tell anyone.. oops... ahh hope she never reads this forum... cause my username is my real name... and not many people have that name

anyways thats just me... since i seem to have problems with girls... haha -.-"

dreni

Post by dreni » Oct 3rd, '05, 01:21

hi kids!
it's my first postin here..
i'm a girl and i'm 20 and single.. ^^ happily living inCanada.. well kind of..
i'm glad to be single... like it's nice to have a SO and all but from my experience they kind of hinder me to be the person i want to be. I want to be free to do what i want to do.

Plus the people around me are sort of different and not what i'm looking for at the current moment.

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Oct 3rd, '05, 01:25

Kendrew you have a kickass name... I need to use that as one of my characters names in the manga I'm writing ^^

Hahah its funny... I'm at school right now in the art builiding and the computer I'm on is suppose to be used for only finding research but I'm here checking up on you guys :D

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Oct 3rd, '05, 01:32

i'm sorta like that... I love the time I have to myself. I get to do what I want to do but then i dwell and want to be with someone. I get with someone and then i feel claustrophobic and want out eventually... then I am out and the cycle continues. Yes I'm complicated and set myself up for a fall... but after a few years of this I reallized what I've been doing to myself and I know that if I meet that certain someone I'm not going to mess it up... well I hope :-(

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 3rd, '05, 01:54

dreni wrote:hi kids!
Plus the people around me are sort of different and not what i'm looking for at the current moment.
yes thats the same with me now...

kupidkilla: thx, haha on some other forum they're like you've got 2 names! ken+drew omg... lol, show me your manga when your done =D, its fun reading other people's manga, especially one of my friends (draws them about me and a bunch of people, making us all look like idiots haha ^^")

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 01:56

The only thing I'm worried aobut tomorrow is my English class and Japanese class.
I don't know if I'll ever work work her again, but if I do, I will probably just focus on work and blank out. :/

equang

Post by equang » Oct 3rd, '05, 04:57

inishi wrote:shouldn't be a problem if you trust her and you guys are close...not like she's gonna go tell her lol, maybe she can give you tips since she knows you and the girl o_o
Girls tell their friends everything. She's closer to her friend than she is to you, so if you tell her anything that concerns her friend, you can almost guarantee that she'll tell her. This might be key, say, if the friend really likes you (as a friend) and is like, "Hey, this awesome guy likes you." And then you'd have an in since the girl you like would be highly interested in her friend's good word. Make any sense?

equang

Post by equang » Oct 3rd, '05, 04:59

KupidKilla wrote:i'm sorta like that... I love the time I have to myself. I get to do what I want to do but then i dwell and want to be with someone. I get with someone and then i feel claustrophobic and want out eventually... then I am out and the cycle continues. Yes I'm complicated and set myself up for a fall... but after a few years of this I reallized what I've been doing to myself and I know that if I meet that certain someone I'm not going to mess it up... well I hope :-(
Exactly! This is how I usually am lol. I can't wait to be in a relationship so I can stop being lonely, but once I'm in one, I can't wait to get out to start living the bachelor life again XD I'm terrible.

furious

Post by furious » Oct 3rd, '05, 05:40

Cloud your only 16 but you make your life sound like a 70 year old man. I mean seriously just because you can't get a girlfriend does not mean that life sucks it just means that you suck and your out of luck. Trust me buddy wait a few years when you get into Uni you will meet a lot of new chicks hot/not hot ones once your there then come back and tell me if you feel the same.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 09:47

Everyday I'm feeling more confident.
Even if I feel just the slightest bit, I think I can do something each day if the time is right.

toshiro_san

Post by toshiro_san » Oct 3rd, '05, 10:59

furious wrote:Cloud your only 16 but you make your life sound like a 70 year old man. I mean seriously just because you can't get a girlfriend does not mean that life sucks it just means that you suck and your out of luck. Trust me buddy wait a few years when you get into Uni you will meet a lot of new chicks hot/not hot ones once your there then come back and tell me if you feel the same.
hey everyone. i've been lurking around here reading all your posts and i've decided to write something today.

you know that furious is right, cloud. you got your whole life ahead of you. unlike me, an out of luck 32 year old bachelor who had many bad experiences, including the last one where the girl confesses that she loves me, but then married another guy three months later who is much more better looking and very well financed. very handsome, to be exact, unlike me who is average looking, and fat. i've been out of the game for a long time now and my only options are the omiai that my mom set up for me (and most of the ladies are waayyy older than me too). so as of now, i chose a bachelor life, content with my collections of DVDs, pc games, animes, manga and of course, Jdorama.

you know, i did find my soulmate in college, but i was too dumb to realize it then. we were perfect together, and we were the best of friends. she understands me, and i understand her. deep inside i know that she harbors a feeling for me in her heart, and she know that i have feelings for her too. but i was too afraid to move forward, fear of rejection got the best of me, and i lost her to my sempai. i still remember the sadness in her eyes when she told me that the sempai wants to go steady with her. like a prized idiot, i act like a best friend and approve the relationship, singing praises about him while inside i feel like my heart was falling down an endless abyss. i cried after that, and that was the first and the last time that i really cried. if God could give me another chance, i will say to her that i love her, work up my courage and do my best to earn her love and trust. i still very much love her though, and i regret that i never told her how much i love her. i can only pray now that she finds her happiness in the arms of her loved ones.

so cloud, and also everyone, learn from my mistakes. i don't expect any of you to believe my story, but at least know this, if you ever find someone, that one someone you have a feeling you could spend your whole life with, treasure them, and work up your courage, even in small amount to keep that relationship going. don't worry about messing up, or afraid of rejection. because you're not the only one who is afraid of it. if you are rejected, at least you'll know and you don't have to spend your whole life wondering about it. move on with your life and find someone else. there are 60 billion people on the planet, sure you'll find one for you. and as for me, i'll slowly work up my courage and i hope i'll find her too someday.

thank you for listening to my rant, minna-san. i hope i don't bore all of you with my story.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:06

I really appreciate the words coming from you.
In the past, I've been told not to repeat the same mistakes that many other people make.
I will try my hardest to keep that promise up and do my best. I hope you'll do fine as well.

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:18

Actaly your story is very nice and sad to... :cry:
But u have to have more confidence in u.. :mrgreen: :D :lol

And u r not old at all.. :-) :D

to tell u the truth i've never been in love with someone and i'm 23.. :mrgreen:
never fellt that actration that every body is talking..i'm steel wandering if is something rong with me :P ...i'm a little crazy sometime and if no one can stand my eccencetric behavior or i have the impresion of that ....then i'm taking my" toys" and leave ...so i think i'm a little like u ... :mrgreen: 8)

Any way i'm not sad i can find and get in every adventure i want....
life is to leavit at any level and any cost... :w00t: :mrgreen: :lol :P

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:21

And I am currently typing from school right now.
I hope something good happens today. I'm going to sign out before the first bell rings.
After that, that's the only time I'll be able to talk to her friend during school. Only after school, I can talk to her for a few minutes.

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 3rd, '05, 15:20

How was everybody's day ? College 4 me as usual ... hows everyones love life :D
Cloud whats been happening fill us in :):P

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 15:53

Hey everyone.
I'm at the library on my free period, which is sixth.
The next period I have will be the class I have Japanese with her. I just remembered that this class will only last for two semesters. I only have three to four months remaining.
That means I have to really do something. I can probably start off today, but I must continue talking to her friend. Who knows if we might work together today.

I passed my math test by seven points, which disappointed me because of the number of stupid mistakes I overlooked.
And I hope my essay passed and met my English teacher's expectations.

Also, news from this morning.
Her friend leaked out some helpful information.
She's into Asian guys, most likely Korean models with a nice fashionable look.
She's into some of Asian orientated music (I think Japanese Pop or most likely J-Rock) and maybe some rock and mainstream.
She knows her fashion really well.

I'm not sure if I could relate to some of that.
I am into some Asian orientated music and rock bands, but I don't know a lot of rock bands myself.
I listen to a lot of anime related music. I don't know if my anime otakuness in music would pay off over there.
I'm starting to get into fashion more often, but I'm a little bit broke to buy clothes everyday.

I just hope things go right and I find a way to get to know her without a negative effect on me.
I will continue to talk to her friend after school.
Anyways, I'm going to finish homework and visit before the period ends.

~haru

equang

Post by equang » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:00

I'm only 18 and I've been in love twice, but both times it was unrequited love, even though one time I was dating the girl! I have such bad luck.

But! There has been something of an advancement in my situation! A good friend of mine here at uni got drunk and admitted that she first talked to me at orientation because she thought I was cute. She is a really awesome girl (with an awesome body to boot >_> not essential, but nice to have) and she wants to have sexual relations with me (to put it plainly). She'd like to have an actual relationship but it wouldn't work out because she's polyamorous and I'm monogamous and I fairly demand monogamy in return. I'm afraid I'll get too attached. :\ What do you guys think?

Well, now I have to go to class. All the exciting things happen here while I'm in class XD I come back and there's like five new pages to read XD

~Denwa

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:14

I'm not the type of person to go out and date polyamorous women.
If it was me, I wouldn't go for it in the first place.

I would want a monogamous relationship because it'll lessen conflict, if there is any.
So try to make her change in order to gain monogamy if you really like her that much.

ooazndragonoo

Post by ooazndragonoo » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:22

uh, i'm only 15 but whats monogamous and polygamous?

equang

Post by equang » Oct 3rd, '05, 20:48

Monogamous is when you only love one person and polygamous is when you have the ability to love more than one person (and usually do so).

Every time I think about it, I want to refuse her offer because I don't want a girl for sex. If we had this type of non-romantic relationship, I would eventually start to think of her as 'my girl,' which wouldn't be good. She's a really awesome person and if she was willing to commit to me and only me I would date her in a heartbeat, but she has already told me that she can't do that, that she won't. I don't believe in forcing people to change for you so I'm not going to push it on her. If she wants to change, she has to want it for herself as well. I keep trying to tell her this but every time she comes near me my words get lost in my mouth. D:

KupidKilla

Post by KupidKilla » Oct 3rd, '05, 23:29

I agree with dspR... I could never go for someone who can't commit. For one the heartache and second its damn risky *as in STD wise* Its admirable that you take that stand Equang and not just use a girl for sex. If this was any other forum on any other website I'm pretty sure 75% of the guys would say "Dood go for it" Stick by that and I guarantee that you'll find someone just for you. Just hang in there man

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Oct 3rd, '05, 23:48

toshiro_san wrote: you know that furious is right, cloud. you got your whole life ahead of you. unlike me, an out of luck 32 year old bachelor who had many bad experiences, including the last one where the girl confesses that she loves me, but then married another guy three months later who is much more better looking and very well financed. very handsome, to be exact, unlike me who is average looking, and fat. i've been out of the game for a long time now and my only options are the omiai that my mom set up for me (and most of the ladies are waayyy older than me too). so as of now, i chose a bachelor life, content with my collections of DVDs, pc games, animes, manga and of course, Jdorama.
My sentiments exactly (except I'm a girl and still looking for the right guy - trust me I'm picky - he has to like anime lol). When I started lurking around this thread, I couldn't believe how young most of you are - don't worry about being single! Have fun - worry about it 15 years later... ^___^

Wow makes me want to break out in song to 100 Years....lol...

crossing_by

Post by crossing_by » Oct 3rd, '05, 23:58

densha otoko as the insipiration ...
hehe ...

well .. actually the title of the thread make open it ... so oliver ... hows life now ??

equang

Post by equang » Oct 4th, '05, 00:24

Yeah well I'm not looking for sex. I could easily live without it if I needed to (I've got plenty of practice). I'm looking for someone I can spend my life with.

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 4th, '05, 01:55

Question: would you date someone, who worked at the same place you did?

equang

Post by equang » Oct 4th, '05, 03:48

~Adam~ wrote:Question: would you date someone, who worked at the same place you did?
It depends. If she worked immediately with me (as in, we worked together closely a lot), then no, because if something went wrong I'd have to deal with her for the rest of my duration with the job. If I normally didn't see her much while working, then maybe.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 4th, '05, 09:04

Hmm, I really want to know how Culoudo is doing.
He's supposed to post.

And I hope I could work with her during Env. Sci. lab today.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 4th, '05, 11:11

And this thread is like dead.
We need to bring more life to it. :/

twilight

Would you help another Densha?

Post by twilight » Oct 4th, '05, 13:38

I've finished watching Densha Otoko about a week ago, and while the series was overall very good, the last episode made me feel sad and depressed.

I realized that at 25 I've never been as far as he does in the first episode. I've never had a grlfriend and my life is an affective desert. This fact was made obvious to me in a very painful way.

Whenever I feel like this I usually watch anime and try to forget about it until next time, but maybe this time I should try to do something about it.

What should I do ?

[oa.NET]Youkai

Post by [oa.NET]Youkai » Oct 4th, '05, 13:46

you should visit the "THREAD FOR SINGLE PEOPLE ^_^" ( 3 threads below yours :D )

i think there are many people who would like to help you :D

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Oct 4th, '05, 13:59

there's many beautiful girls on d-addicts! :mrgreen:

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 4th, '05, 15:33

hey everone cloud reporting, sorry i havnt posted in a long time, so how is everyone? umm well whilst i was reading the posts,i noticed that people are telling me to live life and stay single balh blah, but the thing is i want to feel wanted by someone, like i said i dont have alot of frends, only my bro and his girlfrend thats it, i want the warmth of someelse, anyways ive found out some news today, well i asked my class mates frend if the class mate ive told you about likes me? and, she said yes,but she told me not to tell anyone, but then this is what the surprize was, she then told me that her other freind in the class liked me aswell =S i wass really confused... but right now im concentrating on the japanese girl, im gonna try talk to her tomo, the thing is i saw her on monday, but she walked right passed me,i think she was in a hurry.. so tomorrows gonna be judgement day. hehe and if i dont get the courage, my frend said hes gonna call her over, so either way..i talk to her anyways =S well i hope everyones doing well..

you lot made me look too good =S maybe i should go back to otaku look..?

cloud

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Oct 4th, '05, 15:36

Heh... Just started watching Densha Otoko and now I understand the thread. :lol

I can't be bothered reading the past... 30 or so pages so all I'm going to say is Good Luck!

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 4th, '05, 15:49

You lucky guy.
If she likes you, hurry up and do something.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 4th, '05, 16:02

man... lfie must be tough for Densha. I am watching the first episode right now. Being abused everyday, life is just too harsh for him. I was pretty shocked by how the people on the bus are doing everything to thank him for standing up to the drunk. I am really doubting about this act of them. Is it really true in Japan? when u stand up to something, people will thank you for it? or is it just an exaggeration of the good deeds japanese society? I don't know how everything happened during childhoo, but being disrepected even by his sister and parent is just too hard for a person. I would never how he think of everything. Will he gave up his sad life or continue on to ignore everything and stay a child with all those cartoonish stuff?

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 4th, '05, 17:59

equang wrote:
~Adam~ wrote:Question: would you date someone, who worked at the same place you did?
It depends. If she worked immediately with me (as in, we worked together closely a lot), then no, because if something went wrong I'd have to deal with her for the rest of my duration with the job. If I normally didn't see her much while working, then maybe.
She works the customer service desk/ register and I hardly see her, she is average size and big boobs with very pretty eyes, I got her phone number by saying we should hang out and go to the movies sometime or something, and she has my phone number too, I called and talked to her on the phone yesterday, I like her personality its weird like me. I will probally start being friends with her first. And she doesn't have a BF.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Oct 4th, '05, 18:04

hi there !! :D

ok, ~Adam~, you're on the right way :lol

equang

Post by equang » Oct 4th, '05, 18:27

~Adam~ wrote:
equang wrote:
She works the customer service desk/ register and I hardly see her, she is average size and big boobs with very pretty eyes, I got her phone number by saying we should hang out and go to the movies sometime or something, and she has my phone number too, I called and talked to her on the phone yesterday, I like her personality its weird like me. I will probally start being friends with her first. And she doesn't have a BF.
That shouldn't be bad then. Just be careful lol :D

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 4th, '05, 18:30

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:hey everone cloud reporting, sorry i havnt posted in a long time, so how is everyone? umm well whilst i was reading the posts,i noticed that people are telling me to live life and stay single balh blah, but the thing is i want to feel wanted by someone, like i said i dont have alot of frends, only my bro and his girlfrend thats it, i want the warmth of someelse, anyways ive found out some news today, well i asked my class mates frend if the class mate ive told you about likes me? and, she said yes,but she told me not to tell anyone, but then this is what the surprize was, she then told me that her other freind in the class liked me aswell =S i wass really confused... but right now im concentrating on the japanese girl, im gonna try talk to her tomo, the thing is i saw her on monday, but she walked right passed me,i think she was in a hurry.. so tomorrows gonna be judgement day. hehe and if i dont get the courage, my frend said hes gonna call her over, so either way..i talk to her anyways =S well i hope everyones doing well..

you lot made me look too good =S maybe i should go back to otaku look..?

cloud
Cloud we haven't heard from you since welcome back dude!
How can you be so sure that your friend is telling the truth? Maybe she suspects that they both like you e.g i always ask my girl friends if they like a boy or whateva and they tend to say no i don't bla bla but maybe they really do like that boy however you can never be certain. So never believe it until you hear it from them yourself.

Schala

Post by Schala » Oct 4th, '05, 20:58

I feel your pain. I'm 21 and I've never had a boyfriend or even been asked out.

But the difference between me and Densha is that I've actually TRIED several times. I just get rejected continuously. T_T I always end up just being a good friend. Or I get the "You're an awesome girl, but..."

Which I'll never understand. If I am so awesome, then why not give me a chance?! >_<

teknikalshiznitz

Post by teknikalshiznitz » Oct 4th, '05, 21:17

equang wrote:
~Adam~ wrote:
equang wrote:
yeah...you gotta be careful cuz some workplaces dont like the idea of an employee of theirs going out with another employee....unless if its just as friends, but more than that is a problem because of work productivity....they might think that work productivity would decrease if two people in the same workplace are bf/gf so yeah....you might wanna be careful about that

Koshiba

Post by Koshiba » Oct 4th, '05, 21:55

Well.. Densha was a bit too pathetic in my honest opinion. One good way to not be single anymore, is to try being friends first. =) I've found that the best relationships are always built up on friendship first.

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Oct 4th, '05, 22:20

Schala wrote:I feel your pain. I'm 21 and I've never had a boyfriend or even been asked out.

But the difference between me and Densha is that I've actually TRIED several times. I just get rejected continuously. T_T I always end up just being a good friend. Or I get the "You're an awesome girl, but..."

Which I'll never understand. If I am so awesome, then why not give me a chance?! >_<
you're a gal and you actually start the conversation with the guys? :notworthy: I wish there were girls like you around here. :D

the best way to get a "yes" from a gal is to ask as many as possible! :) the worst that can happen when you ask the gal is that she says "No". a NO is way better then you going home later on thinking to yourself...WHAT IF........ I get sick and tired of the WHAT IFs so if I see a cute gal, I just say Hi or whatever. If she doesn't respond at all, would you really want to go out with someone that stuck up!? it gets easier the more you do it. regrets suck! CARPE DIEM!!! :mrgreen: If only I knew then what I know now... :P

beer

Post by beer » Oct 5th, '05, 00:02

Nobody can stop a cat from looking at a king. If it can be bothered to do it to start with.

The same works for humans. You either set yourself apart from it, or above it, as you like, and you go and do what you want without caring the least about the result. If it works, then it does. If it doesn't, then you shrug it off. It's not a big deal whetever it feels like.

Lewis Carroll said the cat disappeared and only the grin remained. It was eerie.
Terry Pratchett said the grin disappeared and only the cat remained, at that was at least as eerie as the other way round.

Humans have a lot to learn from cats.

FullHouse2

Post by FullHouse2 » Oct 5th, '05, 05:10

ahh no im getting into this thread so late...but ill be here from now on!!! lol im
Carlos
sexuality: bisexual
city:New York

sory if iw asnt apposed to do that...but it was the best way i could introduce myself for now..hope u guys r ok^-^...take care bb soon!!!

equang

Post by equang » Oct 5th, '05, 05:41

It's not so bad being single at 16. You just have lots of raging hormones XD You have your whole life ahead of you.

r4mone

Post by r4mone » Oct 5th, '05, 07:41

I'm single.... I could use someone putting sunblock on my back and some meals being cooked :P

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 5th, '05, 08:44

I got a list of her favorite music groups or individuals. I don't even have a list of bands or singers I like.

Brown Eyed Soul, Se7en, Alizée, Chicago Poodle, Jamie Cullum, DBSK, Ellegarden, Flame, Skye Sweetnam, The Trax, Acceptance, Frou Frou, Tommy Heavenly6, Gackt, Clazziquai, Augustana, Hitomi, Dir en Grey, ason Mraz, Kick The Can Crew, Lead, M-Flo, Miyavi, Hot Hot Heat, The Killers, Mika Nakashima, Naul, Nena, Scoobie Do, Orange Range, Hellogoodbye, Shinhwa, Takui, SS501, Sugarcult, Frank Sinatra, My Chemical Romance, Take, Vanessa Carlton, The Used, Rain (Bi), and W-inds.

I only know like one sixth of these bands or singers. :c

She likes:
Languages
Asians and European guys.
Their music.
Fashion.
Gemma Ward?
Staying up late.
Ice cream.
Turkey Hill's mint chocolate chip.

I'll leave this temporarily b/c someone who might know her might find this out and screw me over.

FullHouse2

Post by FullHouse2 » Oct 5th, '05, 10:45

ok ill admit...it's not bad being single at my age..but i would LOVE to have sumbody to hold haha....i know it sounds stupid maybe...but i wish ihad sum1 lol

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 5th, '05, 11:29

teknikalshiznitz wrote:
equang wrote:
~Adam~ wrote:She works the customer service desk/ register and I hardly see her, she is average size and big boobs with very pretty eyes, I got her phone number by saying we should hang out and go to the movies sometime or something, and she has my phone number too, I called and talked to her on the phone yesterday, I like her personality its weird like me. I will probally start being friends with her first. And she doesn't have a BF.
yeah...you gotta be careful cuz some workplaces dont like the idea of an employee of theirs going out with another employee....unless if its just as friends, but more than that is a problem because of work productivity....they might think that work productivity would decrease if two people in the same workplace are bf/gf so yeah....you might wanna be careful about that
Or be patient.
Wait after work before you do something. <3

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '05, 12:46

Schala wrote:I feel your pain. I'm 21 and I've never had a boyfriend or even been asked out.

I am very sorry to hear that since guys usually should ask girl out instead of the other way around. but maybe the are just too arrogant to recognize the good of you. Just like Densha( i am not implying anything, just an example) at the start nobody really likes him. but Hermes was prejudiced in anyway. she just wanted a honest man who wouldn't never lie to her, although she will probably recognize it later that it will be impossible.
~Adam~ wrote:
equang wrote:
speaking of the wierd way, are you an Otaku too? :blink :blink :lol :lol :lol

Falc410

Post by Falc410 » Oct 5th, '05, 12:54

Koshiba wrote:Well.. Densha was a bit too pathetic in my honest opinion. One good way to not be single anymore, is to try being friends first. =) I've found that the best relationships are always built up on friendship first.
I heard quite the opposite. Many people won't admit their love in sake for their friendship. What is you are being rejected? Do you think you will still have this kind of friendship?

But it's true that it might take time to fall in love, but it only takes a few seconds to know if you like or dislike someone.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '05, 13:00

Falc410 wrote:
Koshiba wrote:Well.. Densha was a bit too pathetic in my honest opinion. One good way to not be single anymore, is to try being friends first. =) I've found that the best relationships are always built up on friendship first.
I heard quite the opposite. Many people won't admit their love in sake for their friendship. What is you are being rejected? Do you think you will still have this kind of friendship?

But it's true that it might take time to fall in love, but it only takes a few seconds to know if you like or dislike someone.
somewhat, i agree with your last line. however, i am not quite for about bing a friend first would keep them from looking at you as one with some kind of close relationship. as in Densha Otoko, i thought he started with Hermes more as of a restaurant hunting friend. as thing progresses, they start getting together more often and getting to know each other better. Giving both side the chance to think over wat's going on. Densha might not first wanted to be only "friend" with Hermes since he believe she is the one who he loves. I think the only success to this relationship is Densha's eagerness to call her and making more ways of seeing her as a friend. I am not sure about whehter Hermes liked him at first sign though. She seems to emphaize the heroic action he has done for the goodness of the people on train. As they start meeting each other more often, why did she fall in love with him? :cry:

Falc410

Post by Falc410 » Oct 5th, '05, 13:07

In my opinion, even if you call it restaurant hunter friend, it was more like a date.
I like the way their relationship started....slowly. I would like this for myself as well.
But I don't think you will fall in love with your friends, with whom you only do "friendsstuff" you know?

If you hang out with your friends of the opposite sex do you always style up like going for a date? Do you hide things from them (like being an Otaku in this case)? No, because they are your friends, your buddies or whatever.

That's just my point of view, maybe it's different for you. After all we live in different cultures

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '05, 13:56

Falc410 wrote:In my opinion, even if you call it restaurant hunter friend, it was more like a date.
I like the way their relationship started....slowly. I would like this for myself as well.
But I don't think you will fall in love with your friends, with whom you only do "friendsstuff" you know?

If you hang out with your friends of the opposite sex do you always style up like going for a date? Do you hide things from them (like being an Otaku in this case)? No, because they are your friends, your buddies or whatever.

That's just my point of view, maybe it's different for you. After all we live in different cultures
haha what u said it's very true. Me living in United States right now; everything is so different from what it used to be in China. but just like i said already, Hermes thinks of him more of as a friend at the beginning, while Densha having fallen in love with her on their first meet, who'se already trying to hide the fact that he's an otaku. The reaon being why everybody seems to despise him and abuse him.

i think i am going to stop here and start on eps. 8 !!! :wub:
Last edited by pwner4once on Oct 5th, '05, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Falc410

Post by Falc410 » Oct 5th, '05, 13:59

pwner4once wrote: i think i am going to stop here and start on eps. 8 !!! :wub:
WHAT ??? NANI ??? you stopped watching densha? Go get back on right away ^^
I couldn't stop watching it once I started.....

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 5th, '05, 14:01

Falc410 wrote:
pwner4once wrote: i think i am going to stop here and start on eps. 8 !!! :wub:
WHAT ??? NANI ??? you stopped watching densha? Go get back on right away ^^
I couldn't stop watching it once I started.....
lol i noe right???
i downloaded eps. 1-7 the day before yesterday. and i watched them all through out the day. and today i am going to finish watching it... oman.. i think i will watch it again just so in case i missed anything important... omfg there is gonna be sad ending... i noe it
i love melodrama... but i hate the way it always end...

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 5th, '05, 18:43

This thread is going down the drain..

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 5th, '05, 19:13

dspR wrote:This thread is going down the drain..
No its not WE won't make it! hehe so cheesy eh?

I come to you with open arms come at once with all your problems as I shower you with my knowledge of being a girl .lol.

Cloud whats been happening I'm a girl I love juicy gossip!

equang

Post by equang » Oct 5th, '05, 19:43

I think Densha's relationship with Hermes progressed through friendship so well because he wasn't aiming to date her at the beginning. He thought it would be nice to date her, but that he really didn't have a chance, so he decided to settle with just being her friend. Only later did he realize that dating was a possibility.

It is true that relationships that start as a friendship are most often times stronger than ones that weren't, but they are much more difficult to form because of the risk of losing the friendship. I've had a few women friends confess to me and I didn't feel the same way and now our friendships aren't the same as they were.

Yay dspr! I've heard of some of those bands and I have some of them toooooo. If you ever want to hear the ones I have so you can listen to the music she likes, I'll set up a You-Send-It thingy (aka figure it out since I've never done it before) and give you the link.

And Cloud! Hurry up and tell us what's going on! :D:D Ganbatte!

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 5th, '05, 19:46

equang wrote:I think Densha's relationship with Hermes progressed through friendship so well because he wasn't aiming to date her at the beginning. He thought it would be nice to date her, but that he really didn't have a chance, so he decided to settle with just being her friend. Only later did he realize that dating was a possibility.

It is true that relationships that start as a friendship are most often times stronger than ones that weren't, but they are much more difficult to form because of the risk of losing the friendship. I've had a few women friends confess to me and I didn't feel the same way and now our friendships aren't the same as they were.

Yay dspr! I've heard of some of those bands and I have some of them toooooo. If you ever want to hear the ones I have so you can listen to the music she likes, I'll set up a You-Send-It thingy (aka figure it out since I've never done it before) and give you the link.

And Cloud! Hurry up and tell us what's going on! :D:D Ganbatte!
So true. I was in love with my bestfriend but because of my insecurities Icouldn't make the relationship work.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 5th, '05, 20:22

Having support is always great. Sometimes friends give you that leg to stand on and it can make great things happen. Its good to see this community is so open to other peoples relationships and hardships. <--I stand corrected natnat

I think its wrong to say if a man doesn't ask a women out they are ignorant. I can't actually find the words. You maybe have a easier time talking to someone and popping the question but I can't. I have had a few girlfriends in my lifetime so far and all of them have asked me out . Even if I wanted to tell them I couldn't. I usually just shut down mid-sentance and have no clue what I was just talking about the minute before. At that point you are pretty much screwed because there is no way to get out of that one :lol Never a good impression. I think it can be true you won't tell the person your true feelings because it could hurt the friendship. You can never go back once you bring it up and if it doesn't go your way well, there goes that friend. Even if they don't leave your life the chance you will still remain as close of friends as you were is slim. Not saying it hasn't happened before I just haven't seen it. I have not seen 100 of them for an exact stat though lol. Its a tough choice, I have been pondering the thought for a while lol.
Last edited by Mythrel on Oct 5th, '05, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Oct 5th, '05, 20:23

this thread is kinda pathetic.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 5th, '05, 20:30

It's true that my confidence has been leveling up everyday.
I seem to be talking to people I don't know, when I used to not answer to them at all.

I have an intuition that she wants to talk to me or get to know me.
It's a weird feeling, since she says my name a lot and laughs/smiles a lot.

Even though I feel confident everyday, I don't know what to talk about with her if we ever have a long conversation.
That's what I worry about the most.

equang

Post by equang » Oct 5th, '05, 20:40

dspR wrote:
Even though I feel confident everyday, I don't know what to talk about with her if we ever have a long conversation.
That's what I worry about the most.
Well you have that list of things she likes. You should research those things and then see how they relate to things you like so you can add more depth to the conversation. Be well-stocked with information!

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 5th, '05, 20:44

What about those files that you would put on http://www.rapidshare.de/ or w/e?
I'm a little bit interested.

loveme23

Post by loveme23 » Oct 5th, '05, 20:55

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this thread. To describe my self I would say that I'm a 17 year old, male high school student, who is not very out going. I'm the kind of guy who is always quiet in class, sometimes when I'm with my friends in the basketball court I'm more out going, I can talk freely and do whatever I want. I've never dated anyone before in my 17 years of living....Pretty pathetic huh ? I don't know I just can't gather up my courage to ask out the girl that I like, I think we are too much different. She is smart beautiful and perfect, there are also many guy beside me who like her and I think they all have a better chance than me....We used to be friend when we were in elementary school, but now when we see each other we don't even say hi, maybe she forgot me.....Although that's what I'm hoping....Anyhow just want to share my feeling to the same people who are single like me, although probably none this pathetic.

equang

Post by equang » Oct 5th, '05, 21:08

dspR wrote:What about those files that you would put on http://www.rapidshare.de/ or w/e?
I'm a little bit interested.
For the music? What is it?

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 5th, '05, 21:17

I think Rapidshare is better than Yousendit, or they're both equal.
Didn't you say you would upload some?
Just PM me the URL to DL.

equang

Post by equang » Oct 5th, '05, 21:24

Okay will do.