What school do you go to?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.

What School Level Are You In Now?

Out of College (Old futs)
14%
College
42%
High School
20%
High School
20%
Middle School
2%
Elementary School
0%
Kindergarten or Younger (No one better pick this)
1%

Total votes: 672

nikeg

What school do you go to?

Post by nikeg » Aug 4th, '05, 23:16

Ok i kno this is similar to the other post "what age are you?" but this just takes it one step further... I want to kno if theres actually someone here that might attend the same school as me or something and along that lines... personally i have never talked to a hardcore kdrama/ movie person under the age of 40 lol (other than my roommate) ... so let me start this off i attend USC at the moment and for those who dont kno that stands for University of southern california home to the #1 football team in the land!

kurokebi

Post by kurokebi » Aug 4th, '05, 23:46

The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art :T

Super tiny design/engineering school, we're known very well among art, architecture, and engineering firms but beyond that people go huh? if they're not from here in the city.

vni

Post by vni » Aug 5th, '05, 00:26

USC... nice school! coz I went there too :P lol. Just graduated this past may. Go Trojans!!

dochira

Post by dochira » Aug 5th, '05, 00:28

Graduated from UC Davis....there were cows near my dorm. :lol

AznAvenger

Post by AznAvenger » Aug 5th, '05, 00:48

I'm also a USC grad. Fight on!

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Aug 5th, '05, 03:48

Just started college this summer, 5 days after my graduation :faint: crazy aren't I? Well its not like i regret it, so far i think college is pretty fun, and i always have a 3 day weekend! Hopefully i get my GE done so i can move forward to a UC! well hopefully :sweat: :sweat:

starlover

Post by starlover » Aug 5th, '05, 07:18

i'm in high school ^.^

but i wana go to USC if i could get in~!
tho i kinda wana b in La just to c if i can see some celebrities x]

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 5th, '05, 08:20

is it really necessary to put "old futs" right next to my option?? it's already discouraging enough to see the 'how old are you?' thread overflow with young whippersnappers.

also, i apologize in advance for the butt-whuppin' the UH Warriors will be giving usc in the first game of the season! ha, ok, ok. i love my team, but realistically, i think it's gonna take all our effort to keep the trojans from scoring a hundred on us! :cry:

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 5th, '05, 11:08

nah i put the old futs intentionally haha ill be an old fut soon enough but until then i should have my fun and tease all the ones who do fall into that category :P i was gonna put one more category though... for the mid-life crisis ppl and beyond... (45 and up or so?) but oh well...

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Aug 5th, '05, 19:07

I start at WWU (western washington university) in the fall.

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Aug 5th, '05, 19:24

jholic wrote:is it really necessary to put "old futs" right next to my option?? it's already discouraging enough to see the 'how old are you?' thread overflow with young whippersnappers.

also, i apologize in advance for the butt-whuppin' the UH Warriors will be giving usc in the first game of the season! ha, ok, ok. i love my team, but realistically, i think it's gonna take all our effort to keep the trojans from scoring a hundred on us! :cry:
Go Trojans! :wub: :wub: Sorry, jholic. Maybe next game will be better. :-)

I'm a USC grad, too. :-)

Desiderata

Post by Desiderata » Aug 5th, '05, 21:15

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC or Carolina). As I recall, football isn't our main focus.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Aug 5th, '05, 22:01

I think I mentioned this before..but for those who are in college, how about creating a group on facebook.com? I am bringing this up again because the site has expanded enormoously during last year.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 5th, '05, 22:08

xiaryx wrote:I think I mentioned this before..but for those who are in college, how about creating a group on facebook.com? I am bringing this up again because the site has expanded enormoously during last year.
ahhhh good idea.... but for groups u can only join with other ppl at ur school... im seeing many grads but not any attending still lol... well ill try it out see wut happens

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » Aug 5th, '05, 22:33

What the ... someone's in elementary school here? That's amazing.

I'm currently going to community college, but I want to get into a UC school like Irvine, Davis, or Berkeley. Any recommendations?

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Aug 5th, '05, 22:37

UCSD grad of 2003 - hands down - San Diego has the best weather among all of the UC campus.

For those SC fans - an old joke at UCSD is that our football team is undefeated (we don't have one :-( )

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Aug 5th, '05, 22:39

Starting at UCLA in the fall. W00t go Bruins!

white.raine

Post by white.raine » Aug 5th, '05, 23:37

I'll be starting College after an extra year of high school, and I'll be taking Illustration Fundies at Sheridan College just outside of Toronto.

chinesebabygurl

Post by chinesebabygurl » Aug 5th, '05, 23:53

I go to UC Berkeley... one more year to go and i will be graduating!! WHOO HOO ^_^

EskimoPie

Post by EskimoPie » Aug 6th, '05, 00:07

I'll be going to University of San Francisco in less than a month :lol

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Aug 7th, '05, 17:23

Out of college two years ago, but not quite an old fut yet....can still kicking up these pair of sexy legs in a pair of 13th'' high heels...... :lol :lol :lol

joonkol

Post by joonkol » Aug 7th, '05, 17:32

UBC in Vancouver - Graduated

sarcasstik
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sarcasstik » Aug 7th, '05, 17:33

Daijoubu wrote:UCSD grad of 2003 - hands down - San Diego has the best weather among all of the UC campus.

For those SC fans - an old joke at UCSD is that our football team is undefeated (we don't have one :-( )
Gonna have to agree with you there. Despite how so many people seem to love the Bay Area, I hated the weather there.
chinesebabygurl wrote:I go to UC Berkeley... one more year to go and i will be graduating!! WHOO HOO ^_^
Graduated from Cal Spring 2005 :D

minak

Post by minak » Aug 9th, '05, 19:46

Molokidan wrote:What the ... someone's in elementary school here? That's amazing.
Well, you can never start loving dramas too early, now can you? :D

Now as for me, I'm an "old futs." I went to Cornell University. Not that many people are going to or have gone to East coast schools, huh?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Aug 9th, '05, 20:42

minak wrote:Not that many people are going to or have gone to East coast schools, huh?
Yeah, seems like there's a loooooot of Californian college students on the board -- I noticed there was a similar distribution at soompi as well. Sometimes I wish I lived in California so I could go to such great state schools for cheap. :] Anyways, I'm an East Coaster ^^;; Will be starting at princeton in the fall.

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Aug 9th, '05, 21:01

Why isn't there university??
only college
wtf

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Aug 9th, '05, 21:25

^ Because "university" is synonymous with "college" in the states.

asianluv2o3

Post by asianluv2o3 » Aug 9th, '05, 21:31

University of Connecticut... Go Huskies!! Keeping it on the East side :P

minak

Post by minak » Aug 9th, '05, 21:35

iceberri wrote:Anyways, I'm an East Coaster ^^;; Will be starting at princeton in the fall.
Princeton! Nice! I keep hearing the best things about that place. What will you be studying; do you know?

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 9th, '05, 21:38

Oh, I go to UCSD. Going to be in my 4th yr. Not graduating yet though. Probably taking 5yrs because my major is Computer Science. So much to take. :lol

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Aug 9th, '05, 22:10

garnet07 wrote:Oh, I go to UCSD. Going to be in my 4th yr. Not graduating yet though. Probably taking 5yrs because my major is Computer Science. So much to take. :lol
I hear ya - I never really got to take the classes that I thought would be fun to take. My schedule was always full of the engineering courses that I had to have in order to graduate in 4.

Luckily, I now have very flexible work hours and will be taking Japanese this fall at the local community college for the heck of it :D .

rlynxen

Post by rlynxen » Aug 9th, '05, 22:20

garnet07 wrote:Oh, I go to UCSD. Going to be in my 4th yr. Not graduating yet though. Probably taking 5yrs because my major is Computer Science. So much to take. :lol
I go to UCSD and my major is CS too. When I started college, I was all motivated to try to graduate in 3 because I have a bunch of college credits. But I just crossed out that idea recently because I haven't found something I'd like to focus on, so I'm going to try to take more TE classes.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 9th, '05, 22:28

wow a lot of ppl goin to ucsd rite now... how come all the usc ppl are "old futs"? :roll :lol :P

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 9th, '05, 22:41

wahahahaha. so many college people >___<;;;

i feel intimidated to say that i`m currently dying in high school, going to become a sophomore soon ^-^

hope i don`t die before i graduate, i`ve been so overwhelmed with schoolwork... but it might be nothing compared to the college students, so i think i should just stay quiet hehehehhe :lol

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Aug 9th, '05, 22:43

nikeg wrote:wow a lot of ppl goin to ucsd rite now...
Of course, it's an excellent school :mrgreen: . We're pretty good in all of the academic fields especially science.

And although we don't have much of a nationally recognized sports program, I only need to drive from my work for 5 minutes in order to catch the last couple set of waves as the sun is setting over the water. It's a great way to wind down after a long day at work/school.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 9th, '05, 23:10

Daijoubu wrote:
nikeg wrote:wow a lot of ppl goin to ucsd rite now...
Of course, it's an excellent school :mrgreen: . We're pretty good in all of the academic fields especially science.

And although we don't have much of a nationally recognized sports program, I only need to drive from my work for 5 minutes in order to catch the last couple set of waves as the sun is setting over the water. It's a great way to wind down after a long day at work/school.
U BETTER GO SEE THE SALK INSTITUTE ACROSS THE STREET THEN lol... great inspirationally cold yet powerful building made by a famous architect Louis Kahn (ur school uses his design in a lot of dorms) my frend goes to UCSD and live in those new towers that have like africa hall on it or something which is rite across the street and didnt even go to look at it once... sadness :cry:

NEWAYS ****For USC Students join my www.thefacebook.com d-addicts.com group! (dont know if neone will join but its worth a try since someone suggested it earlier)****

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Aug 10th, '05, 00:59

Spike23 wrote:Why isn't there university??
only college
wtf
lol I dont even get to go to a college..I am in a freakin "institute" :rofl: :blink :cry:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 10th, '05, 01:02

xiaryx wrote:
only college
wtf
lol I dont even get to go to a college..I am in a freakin "institute" :rofl: :blink :cry:
what`s the difference between institute, college, and university? to me, they`re all the same :lol

risa

Post by risa » Aug 10th, '05, 01:33

P0KEY wrote:
xiaryx wrote:
only college
wtf
what`s the difference between institute, college, and university? to me, they`re all the same :lol
University is usually considered "superior" to college, or at least where I live. Dunno about institutes.

But how I hate being one of the youngest people here...

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 10th, '05, 02:02

risa wrote:But how I hate being one of the youngest people here...
ooh! how old are you? or better yet, what level of school are you in?

risa

Post by risa » Aug 10th, '05, 02:05

Well, I'm the only person who's voted for middle school so far, if that's any help. I'm in the 8th grade and I turn 14 in a few months.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Aug 10th, '05, 06:21

P0KEY wrote:
xiaryx wrote:
only college
wtf
well usually starting with an institute... they usually are the worst of the three but thats not always true... institutes are usually more specialized whether its an institute or art or engineering, they are usually small in size. The college i use is on a broad sense and not talkin about specific place... you dont say im going off to university... u say im goin off to college.... neways these school are usually not very big either but have a wide variety of majors just like any university... usually arent that famous either (community colleges)... universities are the biggest

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Aug 10th, '05, 12:38

xiaryx wrote:
only college
wtf
Yes, yes we know honey. Need help with that straitjacket?

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 10th, '05, 14:16

risa wrote:Well, I'm the only person who's voted for middle school so far, if that's any help. I'm in the 8th grade and I turn 14 in a few months.
ahhh, the good `ol middle schoo days.... :P eighth grade was probably the most emotional year of school for me, there was some tough stuff XD high school, i found out, is really hard, with all the pressure and stuff... but middle school was so much fun, i miss it :lol

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Aug 10th, '05, 23:08

university of liffe

groink

Post by groink » Aug 10th, '05, 23:30

P0KEY wrote:what`s the difference between institute, college, and university? to me, they`re all the same :lol
My high school counselor told me a university is basically the same as a college, but with a graduate degree program (masters or Ph.D). Colleges are basically for associate and bachelor degree programs. As for institutes, the ones I've seen are usually for-profit schools, such as ITT Institute, and most technical schools like Devry, etc.

As for me, I graduated from three higher education schools: Hawaii Pacific College (yes, it was a college back then), University of Hawaii @ Manoa, and Cornell University. Also took a couple of classes at Stanford Unversity when I was sent temporarily to Palo Alto by my job, of which one class was taught by Dr. Donald Knuth. If you're a programmer, you should know who he is because he wrote THE BOOK on computer algorithms.

--- groink

Milai Sapphire

Post by Milai Sapphire » Aug 11th, '05, 09:16

theedqueen wrote:Starting at UCLA in the fall. W00t go Bruins!
Yay!!! That's where I'm currently going. Will be in my second year next year. Engineering. :lol

tianj

Post by tianj » Aug 12th, '05, 12:22

'04 grad of UVA(University of Virginia), expected '06 graduation of University of Cincinnati.

Wheras UVA has all the beautiful Neoclassical architecture by Thomas Jefferson(the only University UNESCO World Heritage site) with alot of hills, Cincinnati has all modern architecture by various international renowned architects. But I prefer UVA's small city atmosphere with lots of open space and nature. I miss UVA.

Mikli

Post by Mikli » Aug 12th, '05, 12:41

U Maryland Class of 2008~ :D Biology major currently in premed program.

shneen

Post by shneen » Aug 14th, '05, 16:00

I'm a senior at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Majoring in International Business... minors in Japanese, Asian Studies and International Studies. Hoping to have this whole college thing finished up in December 2006... as long as I don't declare any more minors *heh*

kolabear622

Post by kolabear622 » Aug 14th, '05, 16:10

NC STATE IN THE HOUSE !!! GO WOLF PACK !!!! :D

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Aug 17th, '05, 05:50

wow, more than half of the people are in college

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 17th, '05, 10:05

azndgn26 wrote:wow, more than half of the people are in college
could it be that d-addicts is keeping folks in college by making them spend all their time here??? i'm so glad i graduated before d-addicts came about. or else i probably would still be in college, re-taking all my classes! :lol

nezumi

Post by nezumi » Aug 17th, '05, 10:20

jholic wrote:
azndgn26 wrote:wow, more than half of the people are in college
could it be that d-addicts is keeping folks in college by making them spend all their time here??? i'm so glad i graduated before d-addicts came about. or else i probably would still be in college, re-taking all my classes! :lol
u do hav a point... prob due to the free T3+ cxn in uni i hav ALOT of friends that download 'freely' plust we can use our student loans to fund our addictions ^^;
my room is filled w/ more cd-r/dvd-rs that actually study notes XD

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 17th, '05, 12:50

Its worth mentioning that "Out of college" can have different meanings! In UK, college is usually only a part-time and/or course done directly or in place of final school years (1 or 2 years), whereas university is what you would do for 3-4 years. So anyone in UK it would be "Out of university! - Then your an old futt. :P

JackJ

Post by JackJ » Aug 17th, '05, 20:20

'04 UC Santa Barbara grad representin'!!!

go Gauchos!!! (although the reason we have/chose this as our mascot is completely beyond me :blink )

dibkachu

Post by dibkachu » Aug 20th, '05, 19:12

i graduated from University of the Pacific in Stockton,CA. Now starting in two weeks at Samuel Merritt in Oakland. Hate the weather....

kahmeng_srey

Post by kahmeng_srey » Aug 20th, '05, 19:24

Started college as a freshman in the summer at California State University of Fullerton. Majoring in International Business

theGreat0ne

Post by theGreat0ne » Aug 21st, '05, 04:07

damn..... theres alot of california universities but i guess im the only one in the University of Cheating Immigrants... :D :D (UCI)

but what the HELL GOO ANTEATERS!!!

ilovebinderclips

Post by ilovebinderclips » Aug 24th, '05, 05:30

i go to school down the street from xiaryx... ahh all those crazy people at the "institute" :crazy: :lol

hyori6739

Post by hyori6739 » Aug 24th, '05, 19:08

GO UCLA BRUINS!

beer

Post by beer » Aug 24th, '05, 19:18

jholic wrote:is it really necessary to put "old futs" right next to my option?? :cry:
Just go for another degree, and your hair will grow back. I guess.

Or at least you'll be able to pick something else in the polls.

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Aug 25th, '05, 05:12

No option for drop outs? I feel left out. :lol

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Aug 25th, '05, 05:27

Old futs? I just got my PhD 2 months ago from the University of Washington, I am not OLD!!!

Go HUSKIES!!!! :lol :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 25th, '05, 09:41

beer wrote:Or at least you'll be able to pick something else in the polls.
yeah, like "ancient fut".

manutrafs

Post by manutrafs » Aug 26th, '05, 12:51

yeah, i'm an old fut. just graduated from UPenn. compared to everyone else here i'll need get a walker soon and be fed.

chitato_80

Post by chitato_80 » Aug 27th, '05, 03:36

purdue grad ... yeh i'm old

mrtoki

Post by mrtoki » Aug 27th, '05, 04:12

i guess that would make me an ancient fut too. UCB class of '02

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Aug 27th, '05, 04:19

wow... a lot of college students in here... i'm beginning my third year this fall at University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point....

anyone in here knows anyone who goes there? i might know them...

anyways... it's great being in college... stressful from time to time... otherwise... it's totally worth the experience.... that doesn't mean all drinking and partying!!!!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 4th, '05, 12:59

donna8157 wrote:
jholic wrote:i apologize in advance for the butt-whuppin' the UH Warriors will be giving usc in the first game of the season! ha, ok, ok. i love my team, but realistically, i think it's gonna take all our effort to keep the trojans from scoring a hundred on us! :cry:
Go Trojans! :wub: :wub: Sorry, jholic. Maybe next game will be better. :-)
*sigh* well, it was close ......... in the first quarter. i was actually very proud of how the hawaii warriors played today. this team has a LOT of potential. but we have a history of playing to the level of our competition (in a good and bad way).

congratulations to the trojans on a very convincing victory.

GO WARRIORS!! :mrgreen:

bloodwraith

Post by bloodwraith » Sep 4th, '05, 13:12

8)

so many yankees! :P :D
Where are the euros, brownies and yellows? :lol
I mean aren't there any other comments from people not living in the states?

zuttoSUKI_xD

Post by zuttoSUKI_xD » Sep 4th, '05, 13:34

high school, sophomore :crazy:

EternalCalamari

Post by EternalCalamari » Sep 5th, '05, 11:09

aha here you found one.. :D
starting University end of october in Zuerich/Switzerland.. Major: Japanese ^^
but to what i am atm.. ehm... ryuugakusei?? 3 months preparatory japanese in tokyo/jp

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Sep 5th, '05, 11:38

zuttoSUKI_xD wrote:high school, sophomore :crazy:
woot same heree 8)

GuanYu

Post by GuanYu » Sep 6th, '05, 00:17

Grandpa here folks... class of 92.