Japanese speaking D-Addicts?

speak whatever language you like here.
osakana

Japanese speaking D-Addicts?

Post by osakana » Jan 19th, '06, 06:11

Anybody here from Japan, speaks Japanese, or is learning it? :3

My nationality is Chinese, but I lived in Japan before I moved to the United States (which is where I am now). I was more into anime/manga back then, rather than TV dramas, and I continued to be interested in anime related things even after I came here. That helped me retain my lanugage skills and interest in Japanese culture, though.

I'd love to learn Korean someday, too. (So if you speak it - teach me? ;3 )

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 21st, '06, 06:37

Konnichiwa.

So where in Japan did you use to live? I'm Japanese and I used to live in Yokohama and Tokyo for a while but am now in NYC. Man, do I miss the Chinese food in Yokohama. I know that NY has a giant Chinatown (and Flushing) but I find that Chinese food in Yokohama tasted better.

As for other topics, let's see I'm more into manga than anime. People have different tastes, but I am always a fan of good comedy. Nonaka Eiji (Cromartie Highschool, Kachoubaka ichidai), Azuma Kiyohiko (Azumanga Daioh, Yotsubato), and School Rumble is good too. I know that Kochikame will never be translated but that's one looong and great series.

And I don't speak Korean. :P

osakana

Post by osakana » Jan 22nd, '06, 01:36

こんにちわ!

I'm glad there was another person here who speaks Japanese! ^^

I used to live in a town called Matsudo, in Chiba. It's a pretty small place, so I dunno if you've heard of it. I remember going to Yokohama once with my father, and yeah, the Chinatown there is pretty amazing. I heard somewhere that it's the biggest Chinatown there is (besides the actual Chinese towns in China), but I don't know about that...the ones in NY and San Francisco are pretty big, too. You know, I also find food from Japan better tailored to my tastes. Even if they're foreign dishes, like curry or kimchi, I prefer the kind produced in Japan.

Recently I've been more into manga than anime, too (that and drama ^^;;). I feel like the plot and characters are better developed in the manga, rather than in the anime.

Haha. XD But do you feel interested in learning Korean? I've noticed that Korea and Japan have gotten rather chummy in the last few years, or at least through their entertainment business. Korean dramas seem to be very popular in Japan (in China too. o__o;; ).

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 22nd, '06, 01:46

hello,

I am not an Japanese, but I studied Japanese for a while and even lived there for 8 months. But Japanese is such a difficult language... all the difference between women and men words etc. One of the other students had a Japanese gelufulendo who taught him Japanese. When some other Japanese talked with him they said that his Japanese was... let's say really girly-like :D

I try to watch dramas and anime in Japanesefrom time to time, but I always have to concentrate so hard and often don't get the point, 'cause they are always talking so fast or use words which are popular but cannot be found in the dic. :blink

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 23rd, '06, 02:31

Hi :-) [edit: oops didn't realize this had become so long, sorry!]

Well on the topic of language, I think I'm just too old and I don't have the time to learn another language, so Korean is out for me. :-(

As for Japanese, (well I'm a native speaker so I'm not the best person to gauge things), I feel that if you just want to learn how to speak and understand Japanese, it's not that difficult.

The pronunciation is relatively simple (at least compared to Indo-European languages and Chinese) and you can pretty much ignore the grammer as long as you use the correct "glue" words (ha, te, ga, ni, etc) and know the tenses of the verbs. I know that most Japanese grammer books say that Japanese follows the Subject Object Verb order, but the order really doesn't matter. In practice you put the word that you want to emphasize first. :-)

The big hurdle in spoken Japanese is probably the speed and the slang. Some people will also say the use of honorifics makes Japanese difficult, but honorifics are rapidly dying out and if you are a foreigner, then not using honorifics is tolerated so one could basically ignore it.

What your friend did, learning Japanese from a girlfriend (or I suppose boyfriend) is a classic mistake that has been known since Japan opened in the 19th century. This is basically a variant on the honorific usage, and it too is dying out (albeit a lot slowly than the regular honorificis). I think if you're careful you can avoid this, or the simple solution is to learn from someone of your own gender. :P

I will concede that reading and writing Japanese can be a real pain.

Now onto a lighter topic, I read that you used to live in Matsudo.

I've never been there, but in that direction lies Asakusa and Sumidagawa. I remember going to Sensouji at least 5 times, once as a tourist myself, and 3 times to show friends from overseas that place, and once more sort of just browsing. The drama Tiger and Drama took place around that area so watching that series also brought back memories. Dang I should have gone to more rakugo, hehe.

This is on a tangent from that, but one of the things that I used to do when I was in Japan was to visit temples and shrines (I'm Buddhist and I suppose Shinto as well). I like the hustle and bustle of Asakusa, but one of my local favorites is Kanazawa Bunko (a former temple that is now a library at the southern edge of Yokohama city). It's so quiet, and walking through what once must have been a market in front of the temple through the temple gates to the bridge over the pond, and then past the temple buildings to the open fields and the woods in the back was just extremely relaxing.

So what were some of your favorite ways to spend time in Japan?

PS
I prefer Chinese food in Japan, but for Indian food, so far the best Indian food I had have been in NYC (though I should go to India one of these days!)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 23rd, '06, 02:57

@prince of moles

yeah, learning to read and write in Japanese is a real pain. During my time in university we had to read business articles in Japanese or hold an presenation in proper Japanese. very difficult.
I agree with you that to communicate in Japanese ís not that hard but if you study Japanese your teacher expect you to talk in a proper way.
M grammar teacher was Japanese and we had to learn about 10-15 different grammar expressions each weak. And sometimes there were hardly any difference between them. Even our Japanese friends couldn't really explain us the difference. For example "naiwakeni ha ikanai" and zuni ha irarenakatte" and "zaru o enai". In English you would all translate them with "you have to"

the honorifics really makes Japanese difficult. If you are a foreigner normally they don't expect you to talk in this way. But I did an internship in a big Japanese company and there it was kind of better to use it. ( It made the guys there think, wow, a foreigner knows how to use these words ;)

Some of my favorite things to do in Japan were to eat Yakiniku, then having a nomihodai and finally going to KTV.

osakana

Post by osakana » Jan 23rd, '06, 04:20

Wow, another person! ^^ Sorry for my lateness, I'm not too good at checking for replies on forums. o___o;;

Gixo, it can be a difficult language, but at least you'll have a bit more of a background than most people learning Japanese in the United States, huh? Visiting/living there can make all the difference in prounounciation and such, I've found, with my own acquaintances.

One thing I have trouble with now is speaking formally (keigo), probably because I left Japan when I was very young and didn't have to use it very often. Also, I find that I might have become too bold and opinionated for their society. There is a Japanese exchange student at my school right now (a boy younger than me by three grades) and I seem to have offended him somehow even before I was introduced to him by his teacher, since he pretty much avoids all contact with me. X__x;;

Then again, maybe he's just extremely shy with girls?

I never really visited many places in Japan. I went to Tokyo Disneyland and Yokohama Chinatown, but since my parents were getting their PhDs, they were generally too busy to take me on vacations. But I really miss the festivals in summer (omatsuri). I miss the schools, too. I like the system of being with one homeroom class most of the time; I feel like it helps develop stronger ties between classmates. Then again, I suppose it can be painful for transfer students or loners.

Also, I remember playing outside a lot. I went to an after-school program until six everyday, and there the teachers would teach us little crafts with flowers and weeds and whatnot. I enjoyed that. I also remember fishing for crayfish (zarigani?) in first grade, and then creating somekind of a habitat for them out of stones and aluminum foil in science class. Also, flying kites by the Edo river in winter, going puddle-jumping during the summer storms, and going to see the cherry blossoms in Spring. I'm kind of ranting now, but the point is: it seemed that I had a lot of chances to interact with nature in Japan, even though there's a lot more open spaces and greenery here, in general.

Gixo, sounds like you had a lot of fun during your stay. XD

If I get a chance in the future (as in, if I have enough money) I'd like to go back again and hit some tourist attractions. I'd really like to visit Sapporo (I love ramen), and Osaka, too. I'm usually very silly and easy-going (not to mention just a bit too high on the tension), and that's the impression I get from Osaka. So I think I'd be quite at home there.

Since we've all talked a little about food, I feel like I should devote a whole paragraph to it. Heh. As previously mentioned, I love ramen. Instant, restaurant-style, anything. I prefer flour-based foods to rice, so I also love takoyaki. Aaah, the sauce. But I've never had okonomiyaki. I had a chance to one time, when a family that we were particularly close to (the father treated me like a granddaughter, even took me to the zoo and flew kites with me) was treating me for dinner, but they were closed that day. It was sad.

I will sign off now before I rant anymore. x___X;;

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 23rd, '06, 04:38

@gixo

Yeah that seems rather excessive. I guess it all depends on the teacher you get, but unfortunately in any formal setting the language you are going to learn is going to be the polite/formal language. (As far as I know, no school teaching English teaches Ebonics for example.)

And on the topic of using honorifics, yup, I've seen that happen. When foreigners use honorifics it usually tells a Japanese speaker that he knows not only the language but also the culture. In fact I've heard some Japanese say that a foreigner who studies Japanese speaks better Japanese than the native Japanese. :-)

PS
on the 3 phrases of "have to do", the minor difference are:

naiwake niha ikanai = it must not be not done (double negative)=> I must do

~zu niha irarenai = not doing it must not be done (again double negative but more forceful or you are feeling compelled) => I felt compelled to do

~zaru wo enai = must be done even if you don't want to do it => I was forced to do

These are very subtle distinctions and really are not that often used (even in English).

PPS
Double negatives are used often when you are doing something that you don't really want to do.

A possible English language analogy is the difference between:

I have to do my homework (this implies that you are eager to do it)
I can't not do my homework (this makes clear that you don't want to do it, but will do it)

akirin

Post by akirin » Jan 23rd, '06, 05:21

konichiwaa~

woww~ I'm so glad to meet u all, esp osakana ^-^ ! I'm half jap n half chinese; I was born in japan in shizouka, but I moved to hong kong when I was realli young (round bout 3 or 4 years old). I go to a international skool, so like, the only language I'm completely fluent with is eng n cantonese. I can speak some jap (like, enough to be able to have a simple conversation with ppl), but it's a very limitted amount of jap n i often have to add bits of english in it to make myself understood. So yeaa.....I'm honestly quite ashamed of myself....>.< cuz I kno SO little bout my own culture (n language esp >.<").

I have realli similiar problems with Osakana ^0^".....I have troubles using keigo (I'm not sure with hu, or when to use it -.-"), and being in an international skool makes me quite open and bold; somethin that a typical jap gurl shouldn't realli be. I seem to go against so many 'rules' of society T.T.....also, I usually talk to my dad in jap n to my mum in chinese so my jap becomes quite 'guy-ish', lolz ^0^"

but n e wayy~ enough of my bletherin (I shall shut up now, lolzz) >.< *hehe*. I'm just happy to kno that I'm not the only one that finds jap hard =P

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 25th, '06, 18:50

@prince of morales

wow, your grammar explanation is really good. Wished I had known you when I had to do my Japanese tests.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 26th, '06, 04:11

@gixo

Thanks. I try to do my best. :D

If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Well, back to watching some more dramas. :P

Currently hooked on Kudo Kankuro stuff. Tiger & Dragon, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, Manhattan Love Story, and hoping that Kisarazu Cat's Eye will be uploaded soon.

ahvat

annyeonghaseyo! konnichiwa!

Post by ahvat » Jan 26th, '06, 04:34

I am not japanese But I have studied, it was hard to learn from someone else it really is a mistake but for me I learn off of myself it took time, I was about 13 years old studying japanese myself, as I stop for 2 years I got into Animes more and later at the age of 17 JKC dramas and grew more interest into Animes and of course I am an artist, but nothing is impossible, it takes determination to succeed.
I am 18 now oh so young...

y_u_e

Post by y_u_e » Jan 26th, '06, 04:57

hello!
wow im actually surprised that there's lots of people speaks or learning japanese...

im a pure japanese who just moved into united states.(i used to live in Saitama Ken Koshigaya shi ^-^ )
and i LOVE j-pop, k-pop, c-pop, and JOHNNY'S JR.!!!
i also love manga too~~vv l like shojo or shonen comic esp with some sports related ones and very serious mangas(ex: Whistle!, Tenipuri, Vampire Knights, Merupuri etc...)>w<

japanese is very hard...
im forgetting every single Kanji and grammers.... TT-TT

is anybody in here addicted to Johnny's Jrs?? or any kind of japanese idols??

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 30th, '06, 22:51

Prince of Moles wrote:@gixo

Currently hooked on Kudo Kankuro stuff. Tiger & Dragon, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, Manhattan Love Story, and hoping that Kisarazu Cat's Eye will be uploaded soon.
Kisarazu Cat's Eye ? Is that an manga adaption? I remember that the anime Cat's Eye was pretty popular when I was little and I liked it a lot.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 30th, '06, 23:07

I'm trying to learn it...There's a Japanese language course at my school and I'm trying to get into that class...I wish I could have learned it at a younger age because everything is so much easier then

I always ask my Korean friends to teach my some words...lol but they're in South Korea now and I'm in the U.S so big time difference :(

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 30th, '06, 23:08

Btw..Im Vietnamese but I always wanted to be mixed with something like Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc

ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ephesus » Jan 30th, '06, 23:13

Nagoya represent!

kasumi

Post by kasumi » Jan 30th, '06, 23:23

Boy I'm glad I found this forum.

I'm pretty much similar to akarin, I'm half Chinese & half Japanese. The difference is, I was born & raised in Indonesia. But, we speak Japanese in our household. And currently I live in the states.

ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ephesus » Jan 31st, '06, 00:26

Woa, that's weird. Yet cool as hell. Finally somebody with a stranger background than me. I'm half korean, half black, born in Seoul Korea lived there until I was 4, then moved to the US. dont speak korean, barely pass at english, and speak japanese.

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Jan 31st, '06, 00:31

kasumi wrote:Boy I'm glad I found this forum.

I'm pretty much similar to akarin, I'm half Chinese & half Japanese. The difference is, I was born & raised in Indonesia. But, we speak Japanese in our household. And currently I live in the states.
Wow..that's an interesting background..wish I had something similar to that...My friend's background is interesting too..She's Korean but born in Japan and raised in Japan and spoke Japanese up until she was 4 which was when she returned back to South Korea but she has a residency in England... My life is boring compared to that

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Jan 31st, '06, 03:21

gixo wrote:
Prince of Moles wrote:@gixo

Kisarazu Cat's Eye ? Is that an manga adaption? I remember that the anime Cat's Eye was pretty popular when I was little and I liked it a lot.
Kisarazu Cat's Eye is a story where the main character has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. So before he dies, he decides (with his friends) to go out and rob from the wicked to give to the poor. Okada Junichi is the main character in this one. So this is not an adaptation from a manga, as far as I know.

Kudo had Okada as the lead in Kisarazu, Nagase as the lead in IWGP and both as the leads in Tiger & Dragon. All 3 had Isoyama as the producer so I think they are all TBS dramas. (Matsuoka Masahiro is the lead, if there is a lead, in Manhattan Love Story, also Isoyama and TBS.)
Last edited by Prince of Moles on Mar 1st, '06, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Jan 31st, '06, 12:44

Hello Everyone ^_^
I'm not Japanese, but I know how to speak a little bit and know japanese letters.
I just love Japan!!
I'd love to visit Shibuya !!
I'm sure you guys are familiar with it ??
Ne minna?

Yankumi Subs

Post by Yankumi Subs » Jan 31st, '06, 18:57

The actual differences in nuance of the 3 expressions mentioned are:

1. nai wake ni wa ikanai = This is something I can't do without...
2. ~zu ni wa irarenai = I can't help but...
3. ~zaru wo enai = I have no choice but to...

In practise this all means "you have to", but there are situations in which the nuance becomes particularly important, and this all depends on the context. This should make the expressions easier to remember.

For example, 1 could be used in a situation in which something is a prerequisite, whereas this doesn't apply to 2 and 3.

2 Could be used in a situation in which you can't stop yourself from doing something. Like eating chocolate, whereas this doesn't apply to 1 and 3.

3 Could be used in a situation in which you have no other options left but. Like choosing the lesser of two evils. This does not apply to 1 and 2.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jan 31st, '06, 19:14

@Yankumi Subs

thank you for the explanation. I really wish I had known you guys while I had to pass my Japanese test papers. There were a lot of mean sentences with gaps and we had to fill in the gaps with the right grammar and correct conjungated verb. I still get headaches only by the memory of these tests...

@Prince of Moles

Kisarazu Cat's Eye sounds interesting but also kind of sad.

joyintheworld

Post by joyintheworld » Feb 3rd, '06, 11:50

hello!!!
i don't learn japanes or anything else but i want to!!!!
but learning japanes is too expensive!!!! i did want to learn at school but they don't have this language so i take russian and it's very hard!!!!
i want to live in japan too!!!!
i want to speak japan!!!!!
so after my studies, i hope i can learn japan language and i can live there enven if the language is very hard too!!!!
kisss
Attachments
001412.jpg
001412.jpg (7.67 KiB) Viewed 26137 times

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 4th, '06, 16:08

それにしても、誰も日本語で書き込まないんですね。

ある意味、面白い。 :P

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Feb 5th, '06, 21:47

Poorando no Eliza desu. Yoroshiku.

Atashi no PC de wa hiragana to kanji kakemasen T_T
Yomemasu. ^_^
Dakara Hepburn shiki o tsukaimasu.

Atashi wa nihongogakka no ninensei desu kara, nihongo ga mada heta desu.
Gambarimasu. ^_^

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 6th, '06, 11:22

Eliza wrote:Poorando no Eliza desu. Yoroshiku.

Atashi no PC de wa hiragana to kanji kakemasen T_T
Yomemasu. ^_^
Dakara Hepburn shiki o tsukaimasu.

Atashi wa nihongogakka no ninensei desu kara, nihongo ga mada heta desu.
Gambarimasu. ^_^
Hi Eliza, if you wanna write Japanese with your PC just use NJ Star and copy and paste the words to here.

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Feb 6th, '06, 11:34

Normally I can write Japanese characters on my computer in the city where my university is. But now I have winter holidays and I'm home, and this computer doesn't have Japanese font installed.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Feb 6th, '06, 11:55

Eliza wrote:Normally I can write Japanese characters on my computer in the city where my university is. But now I have winter holidays and I'm home, and this computer doesn't have Japanese font installed.
My meaning was if you don't have Japanese font installled you also could install NJ Star to write in Japanese. This programm also works for older PC systems.

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » Feb 7th, '06, 23:03

Prince of Moles wrote:それにしても、誰も日本語で書き込まないんですね。

ある意味、面白い。 :P
面白いだろう。。。

heri0n

Post by heri0n » Feb 8th, '06, 16:48

hey im canadian-korean so i can speak english and korean so-so
i've also taken 3 japanese courses in university so my japanese is basic..
nice to meet you all :P
i havent watched any jdramas yet... any suggestions? im probably gonna dl densha otoko... sounds funny haha

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » Feb 9th, '06, 09:30

heri0n wrote:hey im canadian-korean so i can speak english and korean so-so
i've also taken 3 japanese courses in university so my japanese is basic..
nice to meet you all :P
i havent watched any jdramas yet... any suggestions? im probably gonna dl densha otoko... sounds funny haha
you should watch densya otoko........
that really funny.........

but I rather like oniyome no nikki most.......
really funny......

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 24th, '06, 07:53

Wow, it took a while but I finally finished watching Tiger & Dragon (saw this a while ago), IWGP (found the batch after looking around a bit), and Manhattan Love Story (recently the last episode was uploaded). The last Kudo Kankuro drama I know I can get is Kisarazu Cat's Eye.

Wish I could get a hold of Rocket Boy (2001) and Boku no mahoutsukai (2003) but I am content.

Afterall, past few weeks, I was just watching one show after another, I want to run out of things to watch so I can devote more time to work, hehe.

So any of you feeling that you're watching too much drama? :-)

phuongmainhat2ftu

Post by phuongmainhat2ftu » Feb 24th, '06, 09:25

nice to meet you. I live in kyushu and I am going to leave japan now, But I love japan so much anh dramas too. It helped me so much to master Japanese. I am addicted to hana yori dango now.

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » Feb 24th, '06, 09:52

phuongmainhat2ftu wrote:nice to meet you. I live in kyushu and I am going to leave japan now, But I love japan so much anh dramas too. It helped me so much to master Japanese. I am addicted to hana yori dango now.
nice to meet you too..........
it is hot in kyuushu now.......
I heard there`s no snow in kyuushu.........

kuroro_luc1f3r
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kuroro_luc1f3r » Feb 24th, '06, 11:53

there was snow even in my place....
i`m in miyazaki....
we got snow twice last year.....

but yes... it`s pretty hot here now...
i hate hot.....

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 24th, '06, 21:12

How do you say I love you? And is this how you pronounce thank-you ? Aligata? Lol don't know how to spell it at all? :D :whistling:

divietodisosta

Post by divietodisosta » Feb 24th, '06, 21:20

Sunshine_36 wrote:How do you say I love you? And is this how you pronounce thank-you ? Aligata? Lol don't know how to spell it at all? :D :whistling:
"Thank you" is "Arigatou". Pronounced the way it looks. The last 'o' sound is a bit longer.

"I love you" is a bit more complicated. There are levels. People deeply in love would say "Ai shite iru" usually pronounced "ai shiteru". For a relatively newrelationship, it's "suki da" - sort of "I like you" but with a bit deeper meaning when said to a boyfriend or girlfriend. That's the one you hear in the high school dramas.

I hope that answered your question!

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 25th, '06, 02:40

Try "Daisuki" meaning, "I like you very much." Close enough to English's "I love you" in colloquial Japanese.

Well, it's all up to the speaker and how he/she wants to convey the feeling. Personally I don't like "ai shite iru." It sounds too formal.

kuroro_luc1f3r
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kuroro_luc1f3r » Feb 25th, '06, 02:43

yes that`s right....
i don`t think there are so many young japanese using "aishiteru"

just use "Daisuki" or "Suki"
it`s enough....

and arigatou have another alternative "sankyuu"

hehehehe

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » Feb 25th, '06, 06:57

Sunshine_36 wrote:How do you say I love you? And is this how you pronounce thank-you ? Aligata? Lol don't know how to spell it at all? :D :whistling:
actually almost female using `suki da yo`........
with cute intonation.......... :mrgreen:
always saw it in many drama .........
u should try using this........
since you`re still young :D

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 25th, '06, 17:24

Thank-you people :D. Umm... just to tell I'm not using it in formal or to a bf or anything because I'm too young :| :mrgreen: . Just want to see how I can say it :D.

kuroro_luc1f3r
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kuroro_luc1f3r » Feb 25th, '06, 22:07

hauahahahahahahahahahaha
yes indeed you are too young...

just use "suki da yo" or :daisuki yo"

cvt

Post by cvt » Feb 26th, '06, 19:37

私は私達が最もよい日本人から余りにある

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Feb 26th, '06, 20:05

こんにちはhehee のhows へのim Japaness 決して日本im 半分のフィリピンの半分のチャイン半分のJapaness および半分韓国のHehee にある非常に1 つのi に会う非常に素晴らしいする各自^ - ^ i talk english to if you guys need to talk to me in english hehee im a fob lol sorry about my japaness its kinda rustie

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Feb 28th, '06, 21:44

済まないけど、君の言いたいことが僕には良くわかんなくて。。。取りあえず、宜しく

I've been studying the language for a few years in University in Canada. They teach us how to use keigo and other types of formal language. We have to go out into the local communities in order to learn the daily-language.

lennonmanson

Post by lennonmanson » Feb 28th, '06, 22:43

nhk9 wrote:済まないけど、君の言いたいことが僕には良くわかんなくて。。。取りあえず、宜しく

I've been studying the language for a few years in University in Canada. They teach us how to use keigo and other types of formal language. We have to go out into the local communities in order to learn the daily-language.
AngelSerenityPrincess wrote:こんにちはhehee のhows へのim Japaness 決して日本im 半分のフィリピンの半分のチャイン半分のJapaness および半分韓国のHehee にある非常に1 つのi に会う非常に素晴らしいする各自^ - ^ i talk english to if you guys need to talk to me in english hehee im a fob lol sorry about my japaness its kinda rustie
she`s trying to say that she`s half chinese,korean,filipine,japanese......
こっちこそ宜しく。。。。。
夜露死苦。。。 :P

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Feb 28th, '06, 23:17

Unless you are 2 people (1/2 x 4 = 2) :P
that's usually called 1/4 Filipino, 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Japanese and 1/4 Korean. Or part Filipino, part Chinese, part Japanese, part Korean. Not that it matters much.

So what is your native language? (Q for anyone and all)

Mine is technically Japanese, but I've lived in the US for so long that my English is now better. Not sure if that is :-( or :lol

gougz

Post by gougz » Mar 1st, '06, 00:48

Hello minna!!
i'm Algerian but livin' in France. I'm studin' Japanese since 4 month, and, actually, it's really hard (katakana, hiragana, kanji - why 3 differents writng?!) but i DO like this language! ( わたしは にほんご が すき です ^^) and i understand a little bit (わたしは にほんご が すこし わかります) but i have real problem with kanji!! (i know noone of them!! :-( )
I'm fond of manga and anime, and recently drama, but i don't really know which one to see (i've already seen Dragon zakura, a good one!), so some advice will be very welcome!
また ちかいうち に
Last edited by gougz on Mar 8th, '06, 04:37, edited 1 time in total.

AngelSerenityPrincess

Post by AngelSerenityPrincess » Mar 1st, '06, 01:10

単語の権利を作る方法を忘れられていた私のwrittting 残念なi の意味を成す方法を私は忘れていた

im sorry >, < im not good at my japaness sorrie

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 1st, '06, 02:54

@Gougz
Well if you're a fan of manga and anime and if you liked Dragonzakura, I would suggest the following since they have an anime/manga counterpart

The drama versions of GTO and Gokusen

I would also recommend Jouou no kyoushitsu though this one has no manga counterpart as far as I know.

It all depends on what you are interested but I can say that "Odoru daisousasen," since a batch torrent recently came up, is an oldie but a goodie for something outside of the classroom.

Japanese comedies are weird, either you like them or you hate them. The one I really suggest is "Tiger & Dragon" but unfortunately the entire series is not subbed. :-(

And then there are tons of romantic comedies if you are interested in those too.

@AngelSerenityPrincess

Don't worry. Although I think in your latest post, you probably meant 正しくrather than権利 (if I understood you correctly).

bakan3ko

Post by bakan3ko » Mar 1st, '06, 03:05

how do you get the japanese font? araa...

watashi wa ni nen mae ni nihongo benkyou shita. demo, saikin, zenzen wakaru da yooo.. baka o mitai da. :blink

kuroro_luc1f3r
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kuroro_luc1f3r » Mar 1st, '06, 03:17

bakan3ko wrote:how do you get the japanese font? araa...

watashi wa ni nen mae ni nihongo benkyou shita. demo, saikin, zenzen wakaru da yooo.. baka o mitai da. :blink
there are some grammatical mistakes...

"saikin zenzen wakaru da yoo" this sentences means that you understand japanese well....
if you feel that you don`t understand japanese well... then you should say
"saikin zenzen wakaranaku natta"

then...
'baka o mitai da" you don`t need "o".....
if you put "o" there, then you are saying that you wanna see some "baka"

my first language is indonesian...
but i am in japan now...
if tthere are something wrong on my sentence please tell me....

thanx so much...

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 1st, '06, 03:20

えーと、私の場合はMicrosoftに内蔵されているIME (Input Method Editor)を使ってますね。

くわしくは良くわからないのですみません。 :-(

But I am sure someone out there can explain how to install foreign language recognization and input. :-)

bakan3ko

Post by bakan3ko » Mar 1st, '06, 03:27

sou da. wakatta. arigatou... :glare:

naah, kanashii yo. ima, nan demo wakaranain.

kuroro_luc1f3r
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kuroro_luc1f3r » Mar 1st, '06, 03:28

if you are using windows xp...
then just insert your windows copy..
Control Panel---> Date, Time, Regional and Language Options----> Regional&Language options...
then just see the Language tab..
check the box for "Install Asian files language"

after you restart..
follow the same routes...
this time click details..
and add japanese IME

that`s all i think

minikui

Post by minikui » Mar 4th, '06, 16:31

hello all of you,
nice to meet you ^^
i'm completely new to this forum, as well as to Dorama in general. The first Drama i watched was 1littoru no namida and i just finished it yesterday. I'm still pretty sad because it was so touching ><

I'm german/american and study japanese at university right now. I'm in 4th semestre and just passed some tests last week >< Unfortunately our teachers doesn't think that we have to be able to actually use japanese ourselves, so we only translate some historical or litteral textes in class. Yesterday we wrote a test in which we had to compare Manyoshuu with Kokinwakkashuu and Shinkokinwakkashuu and then explain which were the reforms that Kanmu Tenno made .... needles to say, i didn't write much XD That's why i feel that i'm still unable to use japanese proberly even after 2 years of studying ><

Right now i'm trying to do a report about japanese for another class, so i won't have to pass the test at the end of the year XD The teacher asked us to write something about an exotic language, so i chose japanese =)
So, what do you all think makes japanese different compared to the indo-european languages? Apart from the Kanji of course. So far i thought about the different levels of politness, the different ways of talking depending on your gender, age etc. and the "soundwords" like guruguru, dokidoki =) But I'm sure that there are many other things i haven't thought of yet. So if you happen to come up with something, would be a big help and greatly appericiated ^^

Thanks for listening (reading) ^.^

Yoroshiku dechu _(v.v)_

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 4th, '06, 21:01

Well I think the key difference is that Japanese belongs to the Altaic family of languages, while English and German belong to the Indo-European family. (Whether Ural-Altaic exists is still debated among linguists, but I tend to think it is real, kind of like how Indo-European was debated for a long time before it was accepted.)

So the fundamental grammtical structure is different, making Japanese a relatively difficult language to learn for someone who speaks an Indo-European language.

One major grammatical feature is the agglutinative aspect, where the words are designated its grammatical role through glue words (suffixes).

Squid

Post by Squid » Mar 6th, '06, 00:23

Prince of Moles wrote:Wow, it took a while but I finally finished watching Tiger & Dragon (saw this a while ago), IWGP (found the batch after looking around a bit), and Manhattan Love Story (recently the last episode was uploaded). The last Kudo Kankuro drama I know I can get is Kisarazu Cat's Eye.

Wish I could get a hold of Rocket Boy (2001) and Boku no mahoutsukai (2003) but I am content.

Afterall, past few weeks, I was just watching one show after another, I want to run out of things to watch so I can devote more time to work, hehe.

So any of you feeling that you're watching too much drama? :-)
If u haven't downloaded -Kisarazu Cats Eye-, currently Japan-TV fansubs is working on this project. I just started downloading the latest release episode 3.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 6th, '06, 00:47

Yup, just got ep 3 of Kisarazu Cat's Eye. It was hilarious. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched that show, so I'll keep quiet :-)
(I also deleted the batch I got of IWGP and plan to slowly get the SARS version of IWGP now that they are subbing that series.)

Well, not much to report except to say that life is going on as normal.

PS
So, were you able to install Japanese bakan3ko?

gougz

Post by gougz » Mar 8th, '06, 04:36

thank you Prince of Moles for ur advice, i'll try them, dômo
i 'd also tried densha otoko wich is a good one :lol
(let's go for GTO & Gokusen^^)

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 8th, '06, 05:52

Ah cool, you're welcome!

Hopefully I'm not pointing you in the wrong direction with those two shows. :-)

mysticark

Post by mysticark » Mar 8th, '06, 05:56

はじめまして。先ほど登録したばかりの新入りです。D ADDICTSの皆さんよろしくお願いします!<(_ _)> ペコ
ここからダウンロードした&観てるドラマは電車男、功名が辻、西遊記。あとミュージックとお笑い番組を少々。
毎日ここのTORRENTをチェックするのが日課です(〃 ̄∇ ̄)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 15th, '06, 01:47

mysticark よろしく!

このスレ、「Japanese Speaking」なのになんで日本語で書き込む人はほとんどいないのかな?!D-addictsで日本語を話せる人はに沢山いるはずなのに。。。

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 15th, '06, 03:27

土竜王子です、よろしくお願いします!

確かにこのスレは日本語を使う人が少ないんですよね。でもまあ、ここは世界中からの人が来てるので、日本語を聞くだけ、読むだけ、読みかつ書ける(多分これが一番少ない)とレベルがばらばらなのはしかたのないことなのでしょう。

で、今シーズン私が一番ハマッているのはなんといっても「白夜行」。西遊記は見ようとしたんですが一話で挫折してしまいました。  :P

それにしてもこういうサイトがあるからビデオデッキはほとんど使わなくなりましたね。(私のはリモコンが壊れてますけど、新しいのを買おうとも思わないですし。) :-)

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 19th, '06, 06:32

ステファニーです,よろしく!

私は日本語を大学で4年間勉強した。東京にある早稲田大学で留学したんだ。今はもう卒業したけど、日本はもう一度行く予定がある。8月からは、岩手に英語を教える。盛岡に住んでる人がここにいるかな。

私は日本語を話すのが得意、あまり書けないんだ。

mrvx
Malaysia

Post by mrvx » Mar 19th, '06, 06:50

ahhh it's so dificult to learn korean word.. coz i'm cannot read what the symbol of that.... aahhh where can i learn this..? can someone show me where i have to go...????/ :(

mysticark

Post by mysticark » Mar 20th, '06, 06:37

皆さんレスありがとうございます!

そうですね、日本語の書き込みが少ないみたいですね。

西遊記は結構面白いと個人的には思ってるけど、最初の第一話はたしかにちょっとアレだった^^;
ちなみに今一番好きなのは第10話です、すごく笑えましたw 
次の最終回、楽しみにしてます。次はどのドラマを見ようかな~お勧めとかありませんか?

ステファニーさんはカナダの方ですね(^∇^)日本語すごく上手いです。なんかここにいる日本人はみんな国外に住んでる気がします。
私自身はメルボルンで暮らしてます。

mrvx, this is not korean but japanese :) as shown in the forum topic.

osakana

Post by osakana » Mar 21st, '06, 21:56

Wow, this topic really took off while I was...dead. o___o;;

Seems like there's a lot more Japanese speaking D-addicts than I thought. XD

kouka1

Not to change subject but where can I find Japanese subs?

Post by kouka1 » Mar 21st, '06, 22:19

Does anyone know where I can download Japanese subs for Korean dramas?
My mom in Japan got hooked onto the DaeJangGeum but she missed the first 16 episodes and I would like to send the entire series to her with Japanese subtitles.
Thanks!!

osakana

Post by osakana » Mar 21st, '06, 22:36

お久しぶりです・・・と言うよりも、はじめましてかな? (汗)

皆さん、日本語で書き込み始めたんですか・・・ふふっ。 なんだか嬉しいですv
日本語で話すのは二年ぶりなので、ちょっと緊張してます。 
まあ、話すといってもスクリーン越しですけどね。 (笑)
どこか間違ってる処が有ったら、是非教えてください。

@kouka1: Sorry, I have no ideat... in fact, I have never seen Japanese subs available for download anywhere.

kouka1

Post by kouka1 » Mar 22nd, '06, 01:45

Osakana-san,
Your Japanese is perfect. It doesn't show any gap at all - just like a native speaker.
It's fun to learn foreign language - I am learning Korean now.
お魚さん、
あなたの日本語は完璧ですね。二年も話さなかったなんて思えません。
これからも頑張って勉強してくださいね。
私も第三外国語で韓国語を勉強しています。外国語の勉強はとても楽しいですね。
では又、

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 22nd, '06, 03:16

mysticark wrote:
ステファニーさんはカナダの方ですね(^∇^)日本語すごく上手いです。なんかここにいる日本人はみんな国外に住んでる気がします。
私自身はメルボルンで暮らしてます。

mrvx, this is not korean but japanese :) as shown in the forum topic.
私は日本人じゃないんですけど白人です。私の母国語はフランス語です。 :mrgreen:

mysticark

Post by mysticark » Mar 22nd, '06, 04:45

韓国ドラマ大長今ですか、私も大ファンです^^DVDBOXまで購入してコレクションにしておきました。
今まで日本語字幕の掲載は見たことありません、インターネットで流れてないかも。
どうしても字幕が欲しいなら日本語版DVDを買うしかないかな。

もしどなたか日本語字幕を掲載してるサイトを見つけたら是非教えてください >w<
功名が辻を観るには苦労してて字幕がほしい今日この頃・・・(´・ω・`)