United Kingdom D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 10th, '07, 18:50

wujou_mao wrote:what korean drams have you seen Funkindagirl? which is your fav?
kdramas...haha a lot..here's my list of ones that i remember

autumn tale
stairway to heaven
full house
goong
love story in harvard
my name is kim sam soon
my girl
a love to kill
winter sonata
sang doo lets go to school
witch yoo hee
que sera sera
coffee prince
bad family
bad couple
capital scandal
the devil
flowers for my life
time between dog and wolf
fantasy couple
save the last dance for me

to pick a fav....thats so difficult.
everytime i watch a new one it becomes a new fav, i suppose at the moment it would be time between dog and wolf just because the story is so different and i love the suspense and action in it.
how bout u?

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 10th, '07, 20:01

bugger, thats a lot. iv seen about that many in japanese drama. i'm more interested in Historical drama like:-

jewel in the palace
Damo
emperor of the sea
song of the prince
[soon to be [Jumong]

from that, jewel in the palace is about my fav. [[i even have the malaysian version of the anime too, which has been censored, but i want to get rid of it]

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 12th, '07, 19:28

wujou_mao wrote:bugger, thats a lot. iv seen about that many in japanese drama. i'm more interested in Historical drama like:-

jewel in the palace
Damo
emperor of the sea
song of the prince
[soon to be [Jumong]

from that, jewel in the palace is about my fav. [[i even have the malaysian version of the anime too, which has been censored, but i want to get rid of it]
lol..compared to my mum thats nothing. she's a kdrama junky
i love historical/period dramas too...but i dnt seem to know or find a lot of good ones to watch. except jewel in the palace.
which one out of the ones uve watched would u recommend.?
ive heard of emperor of the sea but dunno if its worth watching.

capital scandal that im watching at the moment is a good drama altho not exactly historical but its a fantastic period drama...when japan occupied korea. i love the costumes! and it has a very interesting plot...

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 12th, '07, 21:40

well for a short korean drama, Damo fits the bill at only 16 episodes. Emperor of the sea is another great series, but i would say Jumong beats that hands down. havent seen Jumong, but i have it on order.

yesasia have the awful subbed version on Seo Dong yo. [i bought mine in Malaysia for 139.90 RM each vol 1 and 2]. i cant say if the malay subtitles are as bad as the english

if you watch anime, would you like the malay version of Jewel in the palace? its free to you if you want it as i bought the original version from Korea. its no gimmick. its called JANGGEUM'S DREAM. its subtiled in Malay too

oh, and here is a picture of korean food Image
korean snacks
and Dae Jang Guem theme park in Korea

hirokistar

Post by hirokistar » Sep 13th, '07, 23:44

Scotland here :D

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 17th, '07, 16:18

wujou_mao wrote:well for a short korean drama, Damo fits the bill at only 16 episodes. Emperor of the sea is another great series, but i would say Jumong beats that hands down. havent seen Jumong, but i have it on order.

yesasia have the awful subbed version on Seo Dong yo. [i bought mine in Malaysia for 139.90 RM each vol 1 and 2]. i cant say if the malay subtitles are as bad as the english

if you watch anime, would you like the malay version of Jewel in the palace? its free to you if you want it as i bought the original version from Korea. its no gimmick. its called JANGGEUM'S DREAM. its subtiled in Malay too

oh, and here is a picture of korean food Image
korean snacks
and Dae Jang Guem theme park in Korea
haha im gona have to add all the ones uve mentioned to my list of dramas i still need to watch then.
ive heard loads about how great jumong is, but its not until u mentioned it that i now have a really strong urge to get started on it...but i dunno if id have the time to tackle 80+ eps... :blink
maybe at xmas time il give it a go.
LOL u havent seen jumong? how d'you know its better then?

aw i would lovee to watch the anime!
sadly i dont know malay =(
btw, how much was the original in korea? cos i expect it must've been so expensive!

ew..wot is that dish with the brown things on it? it looks like cockroaches :unsure:

haha is that u next to the cardboard cutout?
when my mum went to s.korea she took loads of photos with famous cardboard cutouts and kept telling me she met all these famous actors/actresses and took pictures with them. lol
didnt believe it for a second. :lol

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 17th, '07, 20:30

funkindagirl wrote:
wujou_mao wrote:haha im gona have to add all the ones uve mentioned to my list of dramas i still need to watch then.
ive heard loads about how great jumong is, but its not until u mentioned it that i now have a really strong urge to get started on it...but i dunno if id have the time to tackle 80+ eps... :blink

btw, how much was the original in korea? cos i expect it must've been so expensive!

ew..wot is that dish with the brown things on it? it looks like cockroaches :unsure:

when my mum went to s.korea she took loads of photos with famous cardboard cutouts and kept telling me she met all these famous actors/actresses and took pictures with them. lol
well i love Historical drama and i did see the 1st episode when i was in Korea. infact, i was the person who started the topic on d-addicts and wanted to know what it was called.

as for the bugs, i was told it was like a silkworm. a cockroach would be bigger, and still have legs. these things look more like woodlice that you get in the garden under rocks.

do you want to see more of my pictures of Korea?

ktnew

Post by ktnew » Sep 18th, '07, 23:36

wujou_mao wrote:
funkindagirl wrote:
wujou_mao wrote:haha im gona have to add all the ones uve mentioned to my list of dramas i still need to watch then.

well i love Historical drama and i did see the 1st episode when i was in Korea. infact, i was the person who started the topic on d-addicts and wanted to know what it was called.

as for the bugs, i was told it was like a silkworm. a cockroach would be bigger, and still have legs. these things look more like woodlice that you get in the garden under rocks.

eww what did the silkworm taste like? im grossed out but fascinated at the same time haha

chocomocha

Post by chocomocha » Sep 18th, '07, 23:47

wow.. how many UK ppl are here? .. i never thought there was so many! ..

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 19th, '07, 06:27

ktnew wrote:eww what did the silkworm taste like? im grossed out but fascinated at the same time haha
well the shell is crunchy and soft and the inards is like mashed potato with a slight bitter taste. it was ok at first but after a few mins i kept thinking what was inside my mouth and couldnt bear to chew it so i had to wash it down with beer :lol

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 21st, '07, 16:52

wujou_mao wrote: well i love Historical drama and i did see the 1st episode when i was in Korea. infact, i was the person who started the topic on d-addicts and wanted to know what it was called.

oh ok i c.

silkworm..omg just looking at them puts me off. so u ate them?? :O
i wouldnt have the guts...did u try any other weird foods?

yes plz! id love to see more of ur pics in korea!

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 21st, '07, 19:18

only has other weird foods in other parts of Asia. and of course i eat the silkworms. it would be rude not to. although they did ask if i want more and i declinded with a smile.
Last edited by wujou_mao on Sep 25th, '07, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 21st, '07, 21:26

wujou_mao wrote:only has other weird foods in other parts of Asia. and of course i eat the silkworms. it would be rude not to. although they did ask if i want more and i declinded with a smile.

remember i told you about the jewel in the palace korean Anime. well i'm not pulling your leg. i really do have it at home. i did buy it in Malaysia for 100RM, but i decided to buy the Korean version. as i hate to throw it away, iv offered to give it to you. but by all means if you dont want it, i'll find it another home. here is the case of the cover in case you dont believe me.
aw janggeum's dream looks so cute!
and i see its in chinese too! great! =D i didnt know that..i thought it was completely malay when u told me about it.
id love to take u up on ur offer if its still possible?
would really like to see it now =)

and thxs for sharing all those pictures...will have to show my mum she'll be just as excited by them, :D and i think she can relate to some of the places uve been to.
and she'd love to see that golden statue of the buddha - im from a buddhist family.

the scenery of those places u visited looks so beautiful and historic.
im currently watching four gods at the moment, and yeh that lava cave looks exactly the same!
cnt believe u got to go there

hehe and the bunch of girls looks so happy to be around taking a pic with u
and that is definitely my ideal home in the mountains look. it looks so peaceful
is korea a very clean place?? cos it seems as if it is...no litter i can spot anywhere!

and did u try those bugs on in the thai street stall...they look very crunchy xD

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 21st, '07, 22:44

sure you can have it. its in Chinese, Malay and English subs. Audio is Korean and Mandarin. i did give you a PM about your address. if you reply to this message either late tonight [its 23.34 now] or early tomorrow i should be able to send it to you tomorrow before the P.O closes, if not, it will be sometime during the week

also sorry for asuming that you're Malay. i should of known better as i've been in Malaysia lots of times and there are many cultures there. indian, malay and chinese, Burmese, Indo.

i love Buddha temples, and everything. its really the only religion i find thats at peace, and there is a reason why most of Asia are Buddhist. not like being Christian, where you get 'crazy nutters' knockin on your door to turn to thier new Religion.

i can never bend and pray, cos i wouldnt know what to pray about. but one thing ive noticed, you can stand infront or sit on Buddha's lap and have a photo taken in korea or china, but in Thailand, its forbidden to do the same

so whats next? Buddist pictures of Thailand? Laos?

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 21st, '07, 23:15

wujou_mao wrote:sure you can have it. its in Chinese, Malay and English subs. Audio is Korean and Mandarin. i did give you a PM about your address. if you reply to this message either late tonight [its 23.34 now] or early tomorrow i should be able to send it to you tomorrow before the P.O closes, if not, it will be sometime during the week

also sorry for asuming that you're Malay. i should of known better as i've been in Malaysia lots of times and there are many cultures there. indian, malay and chinese, Burmese, Indo.

i love Buddha temples, and everything. its really the only religion i find thats at peace, and there is a reason why most of Asia are Buddhist. not like being Christian, where you get 'crazy nutters' knockin on your door to turn to thier new Religion.

i can never bend and pray, cos i wouldnt know what to pray about. but one thing ive noticed, you can stand infront or sit on Buddha's lap and have a photo taken in korea or china, but in Thailand, its forbidden to do the same

so whats next? Buddist pictures of Thailand? Laos?
thxs a lot!
oh its fine. but yeh im chinese, so mandarin is no problem for me.
my parents can speak malay and apparantly i could too when i was young but as soon as i came back to england i lost it all.

yeh thats wot i like about being a buddhist..i find it really calming and no-one forces anything on u.
a lot of jehova's witness' always knock on doors and pester u...i dnt like it
my mum's side of the family has a few christians and the rest of the family dnt get on with them especially my 6th uncle cos they are ALWAYS trying to convert people in the family, and putting down buddhism...
they make silly arguments such as 'if u arent a christian u cnt go to heaven'
and when he came over once, he bought me a bible and told me to read it. :glare:

do u have a religion?
u can sit on buddha's lap? oo i didnt know that was allowed.
...perhaps thailand is very strict when it comes to religion

would love to see more of all ur pics from different places! :D
im interested in laos tho i have no idea wot the country is like.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Sep 22nd, '07, 00:03

funkindagirl wrote:thxs a lot!
my parents can speak malay and apparantly i could too when i was young but as soon as i came back to england i lost it all.

yeh thats wot i like about being a buddhist..i find it really calming and no-one forces anything on u.
my mum's side of the family has a few christians and the rest of the family dnt get on with them especially my 6th uncle cos they are ALWAYS trying to convert people in the family, and putting down buddhism...
and when he came over once, he bought me a bible and told me to read it. :glare:

do u have a religion?

heaven? who gives a toss about heaven. i'd rather have my spirt taken back to the grass and trees, but thats just wishful thinking. no i'm not reglious, although i'm Church of England, i dont go to church, pray or think about god etc. but religion in other countrys is always intresting. to me. i would always check out a mosque in Malaysia, if i was told it was worth a look. mind you, there are some gloriours Mosques in Pakistan as i saw it on the India-Pakistan season on UK tv.

as for sitting on Buddhas lap, i saw on tv Jack Osborune's Adrenaline Junkie and the wingy English kids in China. after climbing 1000 steps to the top of this mountain near Shaolin school, everyone sat on Buddha's lap. even the chinese

sure, i can find you pictures of Laos. [you don't pronounce the 'S'. its silent. its just said as LAO, but americans think they know best :glare:]

btw, if i start to put more photos here, i'm sure i get moaned at, as there is a travel section. still, we are the only two talking on this topic. we can't let it fall behind 3 pages right? anyway, i'll put my Loas pictures and other buddhist pictures in the travel section ok. be sure to reply in a least one topic ok :thumleft: :D

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 23rd, '07, 00:17

^ lol yeh they're very into their 'heaven'
everything revolves around that.
im much more interested in religion in asian countries cos it seems different in a way i cnt explain

yeh i have a friend from pakistan and she showed me some pictures, mosques there look very different from the ones here
much grander looking, and bigger of course

oh i watch JO's adrenaline junkie sometimes...but shame i didnt see that ep u mentioned.

i never knew that! everyone seems to call it laos so i just followed along.
learnt something 2day =D

never visited travel section before...off to go check :D

ginge_ranger

Post by ginge_ranger » Sep 23rd, '07, 16:55

finally decided to post in this thread!

Dundee, Scotland here!
funkindagirl wrote:thxs a lot!

do u have a religion?

Couldn't help read this post and comment. I think its dead cool your a Buddhist. I really want to visit a Buddhist temple. I myself don't have a religion per say, I had Christianity rammed down my throat for many years but it never quite seemed right for me. But the last three years I've studied Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism at great length.

I thought I might find a religion I liked if I studied more. The result, more confusion. But Buddhism has to be my favourite religion though.

(Sorry I know I'm like totally getting into your conversation but felt the need to comment :P)

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 23rd, '07, 17:38

ginge_ranger wrote: Couldn't help read this post and comment. I think its dead cool your a Buddhist. I really want to visit a Buddhist temple. I myself don't have a religion per say, I had Christianity rammed down my throat for many years but it never quite seemed right for me. But the last three years I've studied Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism at great length.

I thought I might find a religion I liked if I studied more. The result, more confusion. But Buddhism has to be my favourite religion though.

(Sorry I know I'm like totally getting into your conversation but felt the need to comment :P)
hello. :-)
haha, thanks! generally the response i get when i tell people im a buddhist...
usually its cos they dnt know much about it except the fact that its cool how we think ''we musnt kill ants cos we're all equal''

same here, when i was younger my family used to go church but somehow it just wasnt right for us and i didnt like it much.
a lot of the beliefs (in diff. types of christianity) i found hard 2 believe in

i have a buddhist temple that i go to on most sundays altho its quite small.
there's one in manchester ive stayed at and that one is absolutely beautiful & so much bigger!
the reason i like buddhism is that unlike others its not about 'worshipping a god'
its more about following the way of the life of the buddha and learning from his teachings and examples.
i dnt know much about hinduism but i think some aspects are similar right? like karma and retribution...and reincarnation.

ginge_ranger

Post by ginge_ranger » Sep 23rd, '07, 22:59

funkindagirl wrote:
ginge_ranger wrote: Couldn't help read this post and comment. I think its dead cool your a Buddhist. I really want to visit a Buddhist temple. I myself don't have a religion per say, I had Christianity rammed down my throat for many years but it never quite seemed right for me. But the last three years I've studied Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism at great length.

hello. :-)
haha, thanks! generally the response i get when i tell people im a buddhist...
usually its cos they dnt know much about it except the fact that its cool how we think ''we musnt kill ants cos we're all equal''

same here, when i was younger my family used to go church but somehow it just wasnt right for us and i didnt like it much.
a lot of the beliefs (in diff. types of christianity) i found hard 2 believe in

i have a buddhist temple that i go to on most sundays altho its quite small.
there's one in manchester ive stayed at and that one is absolutely beautiful & so much bigger!
the reason i like buddhism is that unlike others its not about 'worshipping a god'
its more about following the way of the life of the buddha and learning from his teachings and examples.
i dnt know much about hinduism but i think some aspects are similar right? like karma and retribution...and reincarnation.
That is correct, the Wheel of Life is also similiar. I am curious, do you follow Mahayana Buddhism or Theravada Buddhism (or another type I know nothing about :P

I have a high respect for Buddhism. I believe that all can learn from its teachings, although there are some I also do not believe in.

EDIT: And one last thing, I know more about Buddhism than just there is no God ... I got a Higher qualification in Religious Studies last year and Buddhism was one of the major features of the course :P

ktnew

Post by ktnew » Sep 24th, '07, 03:25

wujou_mao wrote:
funkindagirl wrote: as for sitting on Buddhas lap, i saw on tv Jack Osborune's Adrenaline Junkie and the wingy English kids in China. after climbing 1000 steps to the top of this mountain near Shaolin school, everyone sat on Buddha's lap. even the chinese
This is probably due to the fact that as China is a communist country religion is frowned upon by the government...of course they have no problem with religion (and there are many temples in china) but technically communism is again religion. This is probably why you saw that.....however when I was in Sri Lanka NO photos at all were allowed to be taken of yourself with your back to bhudda.

Just a bit of knowledge i thought id throw your way lol......correct me if im wrong! :P

ginge_ranger

Post by ginge_ranger » Sep 24th, '07, 17:15

ktnew wrote:
wujou_mao wrote:
funkindagirl wrote: as for sitting on Buddhas lap, i saw on tv Jack Osborune's Adrenaline Junkie and the wingy English kids in China. after climbing 1000 steps to the top of this mountain near Shaolin school, everyone sat on Buddha's lap. even the chinese
This is probably due to the fact that as China is a communist country religion is frowned upon by the government...of course they have no problem with religion (and there are many temples in china) but technically communism is again religion. This is probably why you saw that.....however when I was in Sri Lanka NO photos at all were allowed to be taken of yourself with your back to bhudda.

Just a bit of knowledge i thought id throw your way lol......correct me if im wrong! :P
Well you are correct, communism is in fact against religion. China however is only Communist in name. Yes Mao made China communism, but the new aim of Hu is to create a harmonious society if I remember correctly (studied China last year lol!)

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 24th, '07, 18:32

^ yeh they definitely are not as 'communist' as they were back in the past.
but there was a huge thing going on in about '99 i think when they were persecuting all the falun gong followers....

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Sep 24th, '07, 18:36

ginge_ranger wrote: That is correct, the Wheel of Life is also similiar. I am curious, do you follow Mahayana Buddhism or Theravada Buddhism (or another type I know nothing about :P

I have a high respect for Buddhism. I believe that all can learn from its teachings, although there are some I also do not believe in.

EDIT: And one last thing, I know more about Buddhism than just there is no God ... I got a Higher qualification in Religious Studies last year and Buddhism was one of the major features of the course :P
i follow Fo Guang Shan Mahayana Buddhism.
yeh i think so too, basic respect and kindness towards others (which many people dnt seem to have) can be learnt from its teachings.
btw, curious to know wot are some that u dont believe in?

oh cool. higher qualification in R.E
do u plan to do something with it in the future?

ginge_ranger

Post by ginge_ranger » Sep 24th, '07, 21:04

funkindagirl wrote:
ginge_ranger wrote: That is correct, the Wheel of Life is also similiar. I am curious, do you follow Mahayana Buddhism or Theravada Buddhism (or another type I know nothing about :P

i follow Fo Guang Shan Mahayana Buddhism.
yeh i think so too, basic respect and kindness towards others (which many people dnt seem to have) can be learnt from its teachings.
btw, curious to know wot are some that u dont believe in?

oh cool. higher qualification in R.E
do u plan to do something with it in the future?
I think it's the whole nothing last forever but nibanna does ... and I hope you don't take offense to this, but it seems as if the Buddha is like a god to you guys. I know that is not the case generally speaking. But my opinion is this:

People need guidance to help them follow the Eightfold path. But the Buddha was able to do it on his own, so he is made out to be better than other Buddhists ... ahh this isn't coming out right. I think my biggest problem is really the misinterpretation of the religion. Ah this is annoying as I know my opinion and have argued my point so successfully loads of times but I can't now.

Being a Mahayana is very cool, I think the ideas of the Theravada are really anti-buddhist.

And yes I did get my higher but I won't be taking it further. I considered it, but decided to take it in another direction.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Nov 18th, '07, 14:30

hi all, just thought it would be nice to see what you guys have been doing since last reply to this topic. work bogged you down, holiday, thinking about christmas or somewhere warmer or just catching up on drama. which reminds me, what drama from which country do you like best

iv been busy at work, trying to save for my next adventure and sitting here on a sunday afvo typing this, is cold so of course i thinking about somewhere warm. i dont think about christmas at all, its mainly for the kids but this year has to be made special as my nephew's father took his own life last wednesday [the coward].

as for drama, i used to watch japanese drama, with the odd period drama of chinese, now its just period korean which i just grap, but i cant seem to watch all 3 series at once and i would like to only watch them when they are completed. still, i have to wade through vol 1-4 of jumong 1st. each vol is 20 hours!!

ginge_ranger

Post by ginge_ranger » Nov 19th, '07, 07:37

I'm bogged down trying to balance school, a part-time job, driving lessons, fansubbing and TV :P

drama from Japan is good - but my heart is always devoted to Toku :P and slightly to anime.

I'm surprised by TV lately as I've been seriously hooked back in. Hollyoaks has maintained a level of greatness lately and is stil one of my favourite shows but the shows in America have been awesome right now - Private Practice, Greys Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters.

kamion

Post by kamion » Nov 29th, '07, 21:26

Hi everyone! :) Hope everybody is doing good.

Wow. I can't believe it's been two years since I started this thread.... where the heck has the time gone?

Any new anime series anyone can recommend? Haven't found a series to latch on to since Claymore finished. :(

Been watching TVB canto series. :w00t: Watched an old series Eternal Happiness that was the series of the month on here some time ago, and recently followed The Ultimate Crime Fighter, but found that a bit disappointing in the end.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Nov 30th, '07, 16:55

oh great, another fellow Cambs guy. sweet. so you started this 2 years ago. the british dont seems to be that chatty compared to the filipino's

i'm only busy watching long way down and reading their book as well as aquiring some period korean drama from CB, and apart from that, all is fine

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 11th, '07, 16:19

What an uneventful thread...come on Brits let's geta moving!

I'ma from the Leeds area :salut:

ktnew

Post by ktnew » Dec 15th, '07, 07:35

i agree sahansah this thread definately need livnening up!!!

so Ill start with a question....whats everyones plans for xmas/new years? how you celebrating it?
Also is how did you get into asian dramas??? and how do you feel about the complete lack of aything like it or even access to asian dramas in the UK?

k that hopefully will get people talking lol

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Dec 16th, '07, 11:21

ktnew wrote:i agree sahansah this thread definately need livnening up!!!

so Ill start with a question....whats everyones plans for xmas/new years? how you celebrating it?
Also is how did you get into asian dramas??? and how do you feel about the complete lack of aything like it or even access to asian dramas in the UK?

k that hopefully will get people talking lol
i've been into asian drama since i joined DA. before that i was into asian films for 2 years. but i rarely watch films now. as for drama, i never knew much about korean drama or lifestyle. japanese or chinese was the norm for me till i saw Dae Jang Geum and thats me hooked. you know somewhere on a forum, this british girl is trying to convince the BBC or ITV to screen a jewel in the palace, to reach more people out there and you know what? it failed. the reason, we, the british wont watch it and it be a complete waste of time and money. if corrie or eastenders can still be running for years, then a 80 episode drama twice a week is nothing. sometimes i do regret living so far away from asian culture :cry:

as for christmas, i'm going over to my sisters

archive18

Post by archive18 » Dec 16th, '07, 12:02

I started by watching Anime, then I sorted to also watch the live shows. I think that the first one I watched was Densha Otoko (Train Man) and I just moved on from there. How about everyone else why did they start watching ?

ktnew

Post by ktnew » Dec 17th, '07, 00:59

i started watching coz i was studying mandarin then realised how good they are and moved on to kdramas jdramas asian movies and music.....such good stuff that so many people miss out on.

I cant seem to even find asian dramas on sky...or have i just not got right international channels? anyone know?

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 01:09

Yo, new to this thread.

I started watching dramas cause I ran out of decent anime to watch. :) I got hooked, here I am... >.<

Im going to Scotland for xmas... :) should be fun, Im taking my laptop with me... Definitely :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 01:15

:cheers: .....its moving...Well was into Anime and then saw Densha Otoko....A bit like archive18 really....but I'm only into J-doramas at mo and Mao :wub: ....he-he (thats Inoue Mao and not Chairman Mao :lol )

Well I dunno are there any proper oriental channels in the U.K.? I don't watch T.V. no more to be honest....but well there isn't a large oriental ethnic minority in Britain is there? So that could be a reason for lack of Dramas shown here...that and why should the Beeb or I.T.V. British channels showcase Asian Doramas? Movies maybe but doramas when there isn't any decent British Dramas on in the first place.......
Last edited by sahansah on Dec 17th, '07, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 01:16

bobodybob wrote:Yo, new to this thread.

I started watching dramas cause I ran out of decent anime to watch. :) I got hooked, here I am... >.<

Im going to Scotland for xmas... :) should be fun, Im taking my laptop with me... Definitely :)
:D ....Have fun in Scotland...he-he either you think you are not so you are taking your laptop or that you just cannot resist a life without the net

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 15:49

Lol, its blantantly cause i cant do without D-A and various other forums and my online friends for a week, Itd be sooo lonely.

I also need my laptop to revise for my Alevel exams ne?

On top of which i am slightly addicted to the internet, and my macbook.....

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 17:17

Scotland sure is a lonely place to be....Lost in the wilderness of the Scottish highlands with just a Macbook and some mascara....what can one do except admire the beauty of the landscape and search for the elusive Loch Ness monster....also eat haggis and deep fried pizza's :-)

A-levels well study hard but don't study to hard that you miss the Loch ness Monster which wants to obviously play with you cuz its soooo lonely in the Loch with nothing to do. It's being playing a game with the residents of Hide and Seek...its been over a thousand years and still noone has found it....poor, poor Monster oh when will they spot him so it can be his turn to Seek? :cry: ... It's tired of tyres pretending to be it hogging the limelight......

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 18:43

Lol, you make me laugh a lot :) I'll be in Edinburgh, so not completely isolated :) I'll miss all my home comforts though, and all my sketching stuff, not to mention my bed.

I liked your digression about the Loch Ness Monster.... Im afraid I wont have time to visit him. :'(

minifussy

Post by minifussy » Dec 17th, '07, 18:57

hello

Jdrama addict from "Kent" in south east England :roll .....anyone else near me? :P

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 20:07

I'm in Surrey :) Well surrey/greater London :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 21:19

bobodybob wrote:Lol, you make me laugh a lot :) I'll be in Edinburgh, so not completely isolated :) I'll miss all my home comforts though, and all my sketching stuff, not to mention my bed.

I liked your digression about the Loch Ness Monster.... Im afraid I wont have time to visit him. :'(
LOL....you are speaking as though Edinburgh does not have any comforts....he-he...I can assure you Scotland does have beds :-) ...Although the comfy-ness is another matter....
Aww don't worry the Monster can wait...its been waiting for so long I mean what is another THOUSAND years for it? Someone will find him :salut:
lol I dunno how I can make someone laugh alot with two posts but as long as you're happy :-)
BTW those sketches are :thumleft: ....errr who are they? Jun and Yamapi? I wish I could draw it would come in oh so handy.... :glare:

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 22:00

Yup Jun and Yamapi, I got bored one day, and started drawing fanart.... I've been stuck there ever since... That reminds me, I need to get round to finishing that Hana Yori Dango fan art that i NEVER finished >.<

I know Scotland has beds, my only problem being that it isnt MY bed, not to mention not my room. I also believe that I will be relegated to the Sofa bed too, being the youngest and only single person in the group going to Edinburgh. So life slightly sucks. As long as I have decent wifi connection from the sofa though, I'll be fine.

Just the way you phrase stuff makes me laugh a considerable amount.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 22:12

^ ooo so were you always into sketching? Or did you just discover it when you started fanarting?...So is Art one of your A-Levels?

Family trip? Awww well look at it this way as long as it isn't a camping trip where you won't have any net connection and have to sleep in a sleeping bag... >< :scratchchin: ....however you do get a connection with nature so it evens itself out........

LOL Is it cuz I is black? :lol .....(I'm asian btw and Ali G was white so people its just a phrase :P )

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 22:21

xD
I always enjoyed sketching, Pencil being one of my fave mediums, but I couldnt draw people to save my life, I got inspired to draw people from dramas, and I started from there... I think my first few drawings were all stuff from Hana Yori Dango, and various anime, as well as earlier dramas.
Um i took Art GCSE, but I didnt take it for A-level, as I didnt want to kill myself with coursework. :) Im taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, German and DT this year...

Family/Extended Family trip, with the brother in law etcetc. Should be alright, as long as they dont talk to me too much and as long as the sofas comfy, otherwise I am happy with sleeping on the floor :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 22:33

:goggle: ...Maths and Further Maths :pale: ...Physics! and Chemistry....you crazy.....Maths I hate Maths more then Germans hate us Brits mentioning the war....How can anyone take maths? LOL even though I did for A-levels as well :lol

So am I correct in that you are taking A2? or As? ...6 A-levels alot of Work...good thing you're not taking General Studies....we had to for some reason.... :glare: ...but it was total doss :D

ha-ha Family trips suck >< but ahhh you'll cope by the sounds of it.... :-)

If it isn't to much to ask can I see more of your work? NOT any maths work or anything....I meant your sketches :D ...oh and finish that Hana Yori Dango fan art ! BTW have you done any Mao fanart?

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 22:41

The one I havent finished is the one with all Mao, and all of the F4 >.<Its>.<

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 22:44

The one I havent finished is the one with all Mao, and all of the F4 >.< Its started but not finished.....

Im in lower sixth, but I started Maths A level in year 10 and DT in yr 11, so Ive been working with the yr 12s and 13 for two years already - cue the silly amount of A levels.

Someone at some point was trying to make me take critical thinking too.... I was like "Hell No"

Uh more of my work.... bobodybob.deviantart.com Be wary, it hasnt been updated in a VERY long time !

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 22:54

:goggle: ...you must be like really smart....since year 10 you've been taking A-level maths! well Did you take the exam early or are you gonna take the As (or A2?) exam this year? .... LOL critical thinking What the....Oh my word....maaaan where do you go a school or a sweat factory?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumright: ...Gonna have a gander at your work.....oh :-) When you do finish the F4 fanpic inform me...

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 22:59

I will, if i ever get round to it :) I still have an A2 NewS fanpic to finish, and half my xmas cards to draw for.....

My school wants me to drop half my subjects, I refuse cause otherwise id get bored. I took some exams early for Alevel maths, got bad marks cause i used to hang with the yr 12s and we'd spend all lesson chucking gummy bears round the classroom.. so I didnt get much work done in year 10. ^_^ So Im finishing Maths A2 this year, but i have 4 maths modules in Jan, (a couple for Further Maths) I'm not that clever, people just seem to think I am, so Ive ended up with that label. Personally I think as a person I am really dumb in every aspect except acedemically.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 23:11

:lol ....Fight the Establishment!!!! Can't let the MAN tell us what subjects we can or cannot take now can we?

he-he....yeah Year 12s are like that no brain cells, its when they hit year 13 that they really become motivated and start to throw their weight about .....

ha-ha well if thats how you want to label yourself I ain't in no position to say anything Miss really dumb in every aspect except acedemically :-) ....you smart!

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 23:17

No seriously, I cant read other peoples emotions, I suck at all sport (except hiking, climbing and dancing - not really sports ne?) I am fairly antisocial, I dont get on with people my own age. I accidentally stab myself with penknifes in wierd accidents. Im terribly lazy.

(I can cook, read, play music etc but nothing really useful - and Im classically trained at singing) so i can do a few things, just not very many.

And I will forever be fighting the establishment :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 23:28

LOL Accidently stab yourself with penknifes?......sounds to me like a cry for help as Psychologists would say...Well I suck at sports >< and can't sing and I am extremely lazy lol...I think singing is a good talent how good are ya good enough for X-factor? xD....try your luck in Japan...he-he oh LOL'ed at the face in the scanner very creative never knew you could do that!

Peeps should forever fight the establishment :thumleft:

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 23:34

Yeah, putting your face in the scanner is fun, but it can hurt your eyes. It doesnt matter to me cause my eyesight is screwed anyways.

Stabbing myself with penknifes will be silly stuff like. Me mending darts for my friends to play a game and oops stabbed myself, and the same with stuff like opening all the attachments on a penknife to see if you can, and then shutting the knife on your fingers xD

Im fairly good at singing, I can whack out a tune on a guitar and I can play violin. But im ultra lazy so I never practise. Im supposed to be working towards my grade 7 singing this year..... LOL as if I'll practise.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 23:42

LOL ~ girl you seem pretty talented not Dumb by a long stretch...guiter and violin :thumright: ...what bout composition? ...you should practice :-) just for the sake of it, never know where it can come in handy....you could be siging one day by yourself as you walk down a busy street and a talent agent could overhear you and :O ...bang the next big thing to come out of the U.K. since the Titanic

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 23:46

Lool, I think not. Im well dumb seriously, i walked into a lamppost today :) (I was listening to Jpop on my ipod and was completely spaced out)

You up to anything good atm? Im tidying up all my art stuff and school files, as theres only one day left of school YAY! I'll spend tomorrow afternoon doing all the xmas cards I havent drawn yet >.>

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 17th, '07, 23:55

LOL...well the lamppost can't walk into you thats for sure :roll

I've walked into things alot of times...everyone does it....just have to make sure not to do it in a crowded place... :thumright: ....

Nope nothing interesting as tidying up...just chatting on MSN and trying to do this comic thingy...well I call it a comic thingy its not really a comic but just heads stuck on stick figures in photoshop.... :glare: ...So tedious thats why I wish I could draw

He-he dont forget my christmas card LOL...just to make more wrk for u :P

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 17th, '07, 23:58

Thx LOL >.< If i get time, I'll draw you mao kay?:P Thats after ive finished making the pocky cards for my d-a friends overseas :) and my CR buddies in America too.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 18th, '07, 00:06

:D ....he-he and I'll stick Yamapi's head on a stick figure for you :D :D :D

Mao :wub: Wow

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 18th, '07, 00:10

Lol. That would just make me laugh. xD!!

Im trying to figure out how come I have sooooo much stuff, and where my books of manga keep on appearing from, cause Ive run out room on all my bookshelves >.< Sucks!!

I also keep running out of space on my walls to put posters, and fan art up.... ARGH.

why is Mao your favourite?

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 18th, '07, 00:20

:wub: ..Well I saw her In Hana Dango and she was just :wub: :wub: ....Everything bout her really....her smile, her expressions, her pout he-he, her eyes....and she can act ...

LOL...I've already have stuck Yamapi's head on stick figure along with Jun and Mao and others he-he........

What bout u? who are your favs? jun and Pii-do?

How to solve a problem like running out of wall space...that should be a new Beeb show

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 18th, '07, 00:28

Heh, probably. When I run out of wall space there are 3 posters I keep up, I get rid of everything else and put it away neatly and then start from scratch. :)

Um my favourites are actually Koyama Keiichiro, and Pi and Toma. With Jun, Oguri and the rest of NewS close behind.

Pi Is just an amazing actor, Ive seen all of the dramas hes been in and he can portray sooo many completely different characters and still pull it off convincingly :) Not to mention the fact that he can sing, and also his love of food is amazing.... seriously that guy eats sooo much >.<

Koyama I like because In Shounen Club and loads of other things he MC's and he is such a good public speaker and hes really awesome in general.

Toma Jun and Oguri are just all amazing actors. :)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 18th, '07, 00:40

Ohhh I like Jun, Pi, Shun, Shota, nagase , Kimura Takuya and Kubozuka Yosuke...maki and mao for actresses

Pi likes to chow down? LOL he don't look like someone who enjoys food?

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 18th, '07, 00:43

Seriously, ALLL he talks about in his Jweb is FOOD!! He seems to be constantly eating >.<. And Koyama's house is a Ramen shop, so thats cool :)

Kimura is an AWESOME actor :) I love maki too! Out of Female Jidols my favourites have to be Maki, Mao and Aya.

My other reasons for loving Pi and Koyama being that I love NewS :) So, I kinda take it for granted.

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 18th, '07, 00:51

LOL....foood huh....the guys a food addict....Dunno much bout News.....don't tend to listen to J-music just one or two here and there :-)

Yeah Kimura is just sooo good....really enjoyed Engine and he was superb in Hero....A Million Stars Fall From The Sky is a dorama which I'm gonna watch some time....his got an interesting, different role

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 18th, '07, 00:55

I like him in Pride, and Engine and in Hero too :) I just think that hes a really awesome actor xD I thought he was funny in Engine, and I loved him in Pride. I need to watch A million stars too. Its one that I havent gotten round to yet.

Aside from dramas that Mao is in, whats your fave drama?

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 18th, '07, 01:11

Pride...I didn't like pride much watched it because he was in it....lol I haven't seen every Mao dorama....still got to watch First Kiss....in process of watching it....I've been in a J-dorama hiatus for some time....

Hmmmm I really enjoyed Engine, IWGP was hilarious as was Densha (he got annoying though), Hana Kimi, Nobuta, Tiger & Dragon and erm Kekkon Dekinai Otoko well Abe is just class in that....I like quite a few more but these are prob fav's....most of them are comedy really cuz I enjoy comedy the most

What bout you? do u just watch J-dorams or other asian doramas as well?

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 18th, '07, 08:25

I watch Kdramas Jdramas and Tdramas, but Ive seen about 60+ Jdramas.

I love Hana Kimi, It makes me smile. The same with Nobuta :):) Maki is awesome! I also love Kuosagi, and Akihabara@deep!

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Dec 18th, '07, 17:16

i don't really like Kimura Takuya as an actor. he doesnt seem to smile alot in some of his dramas, [a million stars from from the sky and a slepping forest are 2 of them]

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 19th, '07, 22:20

bobodybob wrote:I watch Kdramas Jdramas and Tdramas, but Ive seen about 60+ Jdramas.

I love Hana Kimi, It makes me smile. The same with Nobuta :):) Maki is awesome! I also love Kuosagi, and Akihabara@deep!
Hana Kimi was aight :-) .... Toma he was bril in it the way he acted....LOL...esp when he ends up thinking over his plans and options xD ~ Yeah @deep was another decent dorama :-) .... the zombie ep was kinda meh but overall it had it moments :D

60+!!!!!! ?? Wot the? how long hav u been at it? I've prob seen round just below the 30 mark....Really started watchin' dorama's this year....

wujou_mao Kimura Takuya hmmmm now that u mention it :scratchchin: ....anyways I think he has smiled on the odd occasions but acting is not all bout smiling and from wot I heard about a million stars from from the sky it doesn't seem to be a dorama in which u would smile about

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 19th, '07, 22:39

Um only a year or so of watching Jdramas, before that it was all anime anime anime!

I'm eating oreos right now.... Im trying to be inspired to draw, but i havent been able to draw more than a sketch or two for 2 months and ive reached a massive block where i just cant bring myself to pick up my sketching pencil.... Its soo frustrating i wanna cry.

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Dec 19th, '07, 22:44

When I was in my teens and couldn't sleep I would catch a subtitle asian movie on tv, mostly bollywood stuff, the odd chinese movie. Then one of my friends gave me a couple of movies with Jet Li and Jackie Chan and suddenly I was hooked.

Spending hours searching ebay for vcd's and online streams, by accident I discovered the movie orean Oh Happy Day and found the actress Jang Nara so funny that I wanted to see her ther stuff, that's how I made the leap over to dramas.

So Istarted watching Korean dramas, then Japanese followed by Chinese and now ts followed by Taiwanese, Singapore only recently have I discovered a few Thai and Philippines.

It sounds strange but alot get into the asian drama scene thru asian anime or movies.

My family think I'm wierd cos I'm completely non asian (half englsh half Greek) but I love watch asian stuff compared to british and usa stuff.

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Dec 19th, '07, 22:47

:) Welcome to the thread. Im completely English, so my parents thinks its well strange too... But they just leave me to get on with it.....

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Dec 19th, '07, 22:52

:lol ...Anime's rock :cheers: ... Full metal panic was hilarious but I haven't seen much new Anime...J-dorama's have taken over...hmmm and now I can't be bothered to watch J-doramas...lol...so u cant be bothered wit sketchin' and I cant be bothered wit watchin' :lol

Well I'm gna open a packet of maltesers :D lol...

So does that mean no christmas card :-( .... girl motivataion enough to draw for me.... 8)

I'm South Asain and two of my passions Bollywood and Somewhat J-doramas (okay three including football :D ...and anime...and being Lazy...amke that 5...yeah)
Last edited by sahansah on Dec 19th, '07, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.