Korean D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 10th, '06, 13:39

i tried to do what you describe..it cant seem to work. =)
I went to a korean website, i can see korean characters and all well.
SO what will be the problem this time round?
SOrry to trouble you.

***Do you speak korean?

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 10th, '06, 13:49

Yes I speak Korean, but I am at work and do not have access to control panel to look at the settings...
but it should have worked try to follow this:

Install keyboard layouts for specific languages in Windows XP

On the Microsoft Windows Start menu, point to Control Panel.
Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options and then click Regional and Language Options.
Click the Languages tab and then click Details under Text services and input languages.
Select the desired keyboard layout from the Default input language list and then click Apply.
If you want to be able to switch keyboard layouts by using the Language bar, click Language Bar under Preferences, and then select the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

and if that doesn't work go here and download Office XP Tool: Global IME (Korean):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... sh=5X3RMM6

and then go through the steps....

you can also download Korean Language Pack: (optional)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... sh=5X3RMM6

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 10th, '06, 14:00

Yoo ni wrote:i tried to do what you describe..it cant seem to work. =)
I went to a korean website, i can see korean characters and all well.
SO what will be the problem this time round?
SOrry to trouble you.

***Do you speak korean?


Oh and I don't mind the questions!
Ask away :D

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 10th, '06, 14:27

hello!
SO i installed the korean pack.
does it allow me to type in korean? :roll

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 10th, '06, 15:00

Yoo ni wrote:hello!
SO i installed the korean pack.
does it allow me to type in korean? :roll


Did you intall Office XP Tool: Global IME (Korean)... and then follow the steps for the control panel?

then it should work~ and you will have a bar that you can switch from english to korean on your computer

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 10th, '06, 15:03

I cant seem to download that. I think it was because i dont have office XP.
Can you understand the sentences i type in plain english? -->however its speaking korean?

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 10th, '06, 15:17

Yoo ni wrote:I cant seem to download that. I think it was because i dont have office XP.
Can you understand the sentences i type in plain english? -->however its speaking korean?



What do you have? All the instructions I gave you was for Windows XP hehe ^^;

User avatar
angeizahoy
Posts: 308
Joined: Feb 6th, '06, 16:47

Post by angeizahoy » Aug 10th, '06, 15:42

안녕 하세요!

and there goes the extent of my Korean skills. (i sure hope i wrote that right, too....)

man, typing korean takes a long time. how do you guys do it? how do you know which character matches with which letter on the keyboard? i had to write it out on paper, trying to figure it out...

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 10th, '06, 15:47

angeizahoy wrote:안녕 하세요!

and there goes the extent of my Korean skills. (i sure hope i wrote that right, too....)

man, typing korean takes a long time. how do you guys do it? how do you know which character matches with which letter on the keyboard? i had to write it out on paper, trying to figure it out...


You can go to ebay or type "keyboard stickers for korean" in a search engine, and you can buy stickers with Korean text to put on your keyboard.

User avatar
angeizahoy
Posts: 308
Joined: Feb 6th, '06, 16:47

Post by angeizahoy » Aug 10th, '06, 16:09

oooh, awesome! this sure beats looking at the piece of paper for every single syllable i want! thanks!

now, must learn some more Korean to converse better.. *scurries off to learn!*

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 11th, '06, 11:45

Annyong christine. ireumi mwoeyo?
manaseo ban-gapseummida. eodiseo waseyo?

annyonghaseyo angeizahoy! ^_^

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 11th, '06, 22:15

Yoo ni wrote:Annyong christine. ireumi mwoeyo?
manaseo ban-gapseummida. eodiseo waseyo?

annyonghaseyo angeizahoy! ^_^


안녕하세요!
만나서 반갑습니다. *^^*
저는 혼혈아 입니다.
한국어 쓰기를 잘 못합니다. 말로 더 잘 할수있읍니다. ^^ ㅋ ㅋ
미국에서 살아요. 유니는 어디에 살아요?

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 12th, '06, 02:49

jeoneun singapore eser wah-sser-yo! =)
yerl yer-derl sahree-eyo.jeoneun ganosa haksaengieyo imnida. ^__________^
hahk-ssang-eeseyo?

User avatar
simplycheen
Posts: 80
Joined: Aug 9th, '06, 17:23
Location: maNiLa

Post by simplycheen » Aug 13th, '06, 17:35

oh..! :w00t: how cute...!! im a filipina and i love korean culture and i find koreans cute..! :clap: any koreans care to be my friend?? i do believe that u are all nice here.. :-) hopefully u will not gonna snob me.. :pray:

murid
Posts: 7
Joined: May 19th, '06, 02:43
Location: JB, Malaysia

Post by murid » Aug 17th, '06, 09:11

hi... any korean here??? i need some advice and infos.
im planning to visit korea... is there any homestay visits?

pdk001
Posts: 126
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 00:49
Location: seoul, korea

Post by pdk001 » Aug 27th, '06, 10:15

could anyone who can speak english fluently but can understand some korean(do not need perpect, just can read korean)help me some translation from korea to english

sorry for my english is horrible
PM me if you are interested(usa, canadian, english, aus only)

User avatar
simplycheen
Posts: 80
Joined: Aug 9th, '06, 17:23
Location: maNiLa

Post by simplycheen » Aug 27th, '06, 10:36

annyonghaseyo..! :D hhhmmm...seems everyone here are nice..

Hiyee ChristinePak..!! care to be my friend too?? :D u seem so nice and friendly.. are u a korean?? :-)

Hello to my new friend YOO-NI..! thanks for bein such a nice girl and friend to me.. :-) Btw, im plannin to take up my On-the-Job-Training in Sentosa,Singapore..:D

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 28th, '06, 13:07

Annyonghaseyo simplycheen!
beol malsseumeulyo ^________^
eotteokke jinaesseo?

Its really nice you can come to singapore! ^_^
Do you understand me ? In the above?

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 28th, '06, 18:07

simplycheen wrote:annyonghaseyo..! :D hhhmmm...seems everyone here are nice..

Hiyee ChristinePak..!! care to be my friend too?? :D u seem so nice and friendly.. are u a korean?? :-)

Hello to my new friend YOO-NI..! thanks for bein such a nice girl and friend to me.. :-) Btw, im plannin to take up my On-the-Job-Training in Sentosa,Singapore..:D


Hello simplycheen Nice to meet you! od course i'll be your friend! :D
I am half Korean ... and you???

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 28th, '06, 18:11

murid wrote:hi... any korean here??? i need some advice and infos.
im planning to visit korea... is there any homestay visits?



Hello what would you like to know???
There are homestays but I am not sure where you can find them... except Korean ads? hmmm...

There are also "ha suk" you can stay in. They are bording houses, where a family will rent out a room for you to stay in... a lot of them will also include meals that you will have with the family...

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 29th, '06, 00:23

Annyong Christine!!
Eotteokke jinaesseo? ChristinePak yang, museun chwimga isseuseyo?

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 29th, '06, 15:16

Yoo ni wrote:Annyong Christine!!
Eotteokke jinaesseo? ChristinePak yang, museun chwimga isseuseyo?


Annyoung Yoo ni! I have been busy with school lately! How have you been?

User avatar
simplycheen
Posts: 80
Joined: Aug 9th, '06, 17:23
Location: maNiLa

Post by simplycheen » Aug 30th, '06, 07:05

ChristinePak wrote:
simplycheen wrote:annyonghaseyo..! :D hhhmmm...seems everyone here are nice..

Hiyee ChristinePak..!! care to be my friend too?? :D u seem so nice and friendly.. are u a korean?? :-)

Hello to my new friend YOO-NI..! thanks for bein such a nice girl and friend to me.. :-) Btw, im plannin to take up my On-the-Job-Training in Sentosa,Singapore..:D


Hello simplycheen Nice to meet you! od course i'll be your friend! :D
I am half Korean ... and you???


hhhhmmm...im a pure filipina and grew up here in manila since birth.. :P btw, where r u livin right now? :-)

User avatar
simplycheen
Posts: 80
Joined: Aug 9th, '06, 17:23
Location: maNiLa

Post by simplycheen » Aug 30th, '06, 07:30

Yoo ni wrote:Annyonghaseyo simplycheen!
beol malsseumeulyo ^________^
eotteokke jinaesseo?

Its really nice you can come to singapore! ^_^
Do you understand me ? In the above?


Annyong Yo Ni shi.. :D
Ye,Jal jinnaesseo...:-h

Your message to me before has been such a big help to me for some korean words.. :P
So i got what u mean of eotteokke jinaesseo..except for d beol malsseumeulyo.T-T

BTW, regardin bout my OJT there in Singapore, that will be still a long way to go to finally get there.. I mean, still have to wait for another couple of years.. :goggle:

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 30th, '06, 17:43

simplycheen wrote:
ChristinePak wrote:
simplycheen wrote:annyonghaseyo..! :D hhhmmm...seems everyone here are nice..

Hiyee ChristinePak..!! care to be my friend too?? :D u seem so nice and friendly.. are u a korean?? :-)

Hello to my new friend YOO-NI..! thanks for bein such a nice girl and friend to me.. :-) Btw, im plannin to take up my On-the-Job-Training in Sentosa,Singapore..:D


Hello simplycheen Nice to meet you! od course i'll be your friend! :D
I am half Korean ... and you???


hhhhmmm...im a pure filipina and grew up here in manila since birth.. :P btw, where r u livin right now? :-)


I am attending a university in the USA... *^^*

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 30th, '06, 22:03

[quote="ChristinePak]

Annyoung Yoo ni! I have been busy with school lately! How have you been?[/quote][/quote]
Annyong! ^_^ Jal jinaesseo. =)
**I am going to china today. ^_______^ SEe you guys in a week's time.
Last edited by Yoo ni on Aug 30th, '06, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Aug 30th, '06, 22:05

Annyong Yo Ni shi.. :D
Ye,Jal jinnaesseo...:-h

Your message to me before has been such a big help to me for some korean words.. :P
So i got what u mean of eotteokke jinaesseo..except for d beol malsseumeulyo.T-T

BTW, regardin bout my OJT there in Singapore, that will be still a long way to go to finally get there.. I mean, still have to wait for another couple of years.. :goggle:[/quote
]

Chonmanaeyo. ^_________^
*i am glad you learn afew words though. Hehe its cool.!!
oooooohhhhh let me know if you are coming to singapore ok? =)

User avatar
ChristinePak
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 04:44
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Post by ChristinePak » Aug 31st, '06, 15:40

Yoo ni wrote:
[quote="ChristinePak]

Annyoung Yoo ni! I have been busy with school lately! How have you been?[/quote][/quote]Annyong! ^_^ Jal jinaesseo. =)
**I am going to china today. ^_______^ SEe you guys in a week's time.[/quote]



China wow! Lucky You~ where in China? I went to Beijing a couple months ago! It was great.
I also studied in Hong Kong.

You can get many Korean Dramas for CHEAP~~~~

User avatar
Salford
Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 29th, '06, 20:18
Location: Bahrain

Post by Salford » Sep 3rd, '06, 19:44

Does anyone know where to get korean subtitles for japanese variety shows?
Like Utaban, Domoto Brothers, Shounen Club, etc.

Thanks.
Image

snowbird
Posts: 27
Joined: Jul 11th, '05, 14:45
Location: Germany

Post by snowbird » Sep 4th, '06, 17:29

안녕하삼~

여러분 잘 지내고 있어요?
전 서목인이라고 합니다.
반갑습니다!

i am half korean but started learning korean off and on only 2 years ago,
nice to meet you all
if there is someone who would like to practise with me, i'd be happy :)

pdk001
Posts: 126
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 00:49
Location: seoul, korea

Post by pdk001 » Sep 10th, '06, 20:11

[quote="snowbird"]안녕하삼~

여러분 잘 지내고 있어요?
전 서목인이라고 합니다.
반갑습니다!

i am half korean but started learning korean off and on only 2 years ago,
nice to meet you all
if there is someone who would like to practise with me, i'd be happy :)[/quote]

nice to meet you snowbird, i've also started learning english 10-20mins a day about 3years ago, so my english is still terrible suck
i have to spand more time to learn english

User avatar
simplycheen
Posts: 80
Joined: Aug 9th, '06, 17:23
Location: maNiLa

Post by simplycheen » Nov 23rd, '06, 16:27

hiyee...!! friends??? anyone??? :lol :lol

User avatar
Angel551
Posts: 41
Joined: Sep 12th, '06, 18:48
Location: UAE

Post by Angel551 » Dec 20th, '06, 20:32

Hii i guys ^^

Im not korean & i wanna say that im big fan of korean drama ....

Actually i've been trying to learn korean but its hard to learn it alone ... ^_^,,,

User avatar
xbabygmonsterx
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 30th, '06, 04:59
Location: Modesto, CALI

Post by xbabygmonsterx » Jan 4th, '07, 06:19

안녕하세요! ^^
방갑습니다.
지금 California에서 Central Valley에 살고입니다. 근데 한국사람이 없어서 심심하고 재미없음니다 -_-
저는 한국말을 잘못해서 부러워요 :(
저랑 한국말을 연습하고싶은 사람이있으면 메세지해주세요^^ ㅋㅋ
from FRIENDSHIP

[A] friend is a sane man who exercises not my ingenuity but me. My friend gives me entertainment without requiring me to soop or to lisp, or to mask myself

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
sabreenuh
Posts: 7
Joined: Dec 19th, '06, 17:50
Location: ask me!

Post by sabreenuh » Jan 8th, '07, 15:23

pdk001 wrote:
Jimgotkp wrote:omg all this korean and im korean but unfortunately i dont speak it =[
nah hangook ehdum nen sangmin =)

don't worry i teach you korean and you teach me english ^____^



@pdk001 ill teach you english.. teach me korean.. ;)

User avatar
khmai_kandi22
Posts: 658
Joined: May 19th, '06, 03:18

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Jan 22nd, '07, 17:10

Hey korean speaking people! :P

If you all would like to test your korean language skills, why not join D-Fansubs in helping us translate Ju-Mong, Vineyard Man, and any other future korean dramas we will be subbing? You can even pick any of your favorite korean drama that will be aired soon or is going to be aired as a future project. When you guys join, you can even translate only half an episode if you aren't sure you can't finish one whole episode by yourself. OR, you can even be a Korean Spot Translator! How does that sound?

Have nothing to do when you get home from school?
Wondering where you can learn more Korean?
Don't just sit and ask yourself questions
Do something about it!
Join D-Fansubs to improve your Korean
Or better yet, Join to Have Tons of Fun!
Why wait?
It's just only one PM away!


PM me if you want to join!

User avatar
cornflake
Posts: 29
Joined: Apr 10th, '06, 23:41
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Contact:

Post by cornflake » Jan 27th, '07, 00:36

^^There ya go Kandi. Publicize yo~ xP

Ah, so this isn't counted at spam, I READ MY FIRST KOREAN WORD TODAY! lol. Usually I have to look back and forth at a piece of paper with hangul on it, but I did it by memory today~ I'm so proud. xP

User avatar
la bonita
Posts: 54
Joined: Jun 1st, '05, 05:53
Location: :: bangkok, thailand ::
Contact:

Post by la bonita » Jan 28th, '07, 16:38

hi all

do you know where i can get info for homestay in seoul?
either korean or english language.

thank you

--

i'm thai. can understand very slightly mandarin and korean, learning from dramas with D-Addictes subtitles.
thank you, D-Addicts
:: love as will ::

claudiaitaliana
Posts: 33
Joined: Aug 25th, '06, 14:32
Location: UAE
Contact:

Post by claudiaitaliana » Feb 2nd, '07, 21:47

Annyong ha shimnikka :w00t: ,
I am not Korean but trying to learn Koran from the K-movie and Dramas I would like to have korean friend to know more about their cultur and learn the language and maybe one day I am going to visit Korea who knows :wub: (by the way this is one of my future Plans :D )

see you soon :wub:

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 9th, '07, 10:29

anneyong haseyo! :-)

im a filipino but living in Ireland,,,and i love watching Kdramas to bits! and because of this i would want to learn the language...though its hard,,but im really trying to learn some romanization...:-) im also considering of visiting Korea soon,, and who knows i might stay there for good after college...(haha. dream on diane!) :lol

anyways.......can somebody help me translate I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU in Korean? i mean just romanization..........PLEASE?

GAMSAHAMNIDA (is it right?) haha.
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

claudiaitaliana
Posts: 33
Joined: Aug 25th, '06, 14:32
Location: UAE
Contact:

Post by claudiaitaliana » Feb 9th, '07, 22:04

iloveKJH wrote:anneyong haseyo! :-)

im a filipino but living in Ireland,,,and i love watching Kdramas to bits! and because of this i would want to learn the language...though its hard,,but im really trying to learn some romanization...:-) im also considering of visiting Korea soon,, and who knows i might stay there for good after college...(haha. dream on diane!) :lol

anyways.......can somebody help me translate I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU in Korean? i mean just romanization..........PLEASE?

GAMSAHAMNIDA (is it right?) haha.


I'm not Korean but I love Korea I know the translation for "I love you" its "sarang hae"

This site can give u the exact pronounciation :-)

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/iloveyou.htm

and "I miss you" it is "Kim Bum Soo Bogoshipda "

I hope its correct :wub:

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 14th, '07, 11:52

[quote="claudiaitaliana]

I'm not Korean but I love Korea I know the translation for "I love you" its "sarang hae"

This site can give u the exact pronounciation :-)

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/iloveyou.htm

and "I miss you" it is "Kim Bum Soo Bogoshipda "

I hope its correct :wub:[/quote]


anneyong!! gamsahamnida! :thumright:
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

Binaa2
Posts: 101
Joined: Jan 31st, '06, 11:07

Post by Binaa2 » Feb 14th, '07, 12:16

claudiaitaliana wrote:
iloveKJH wrote:[b]anneyong haseyo! :-)

....................

and "I miss you" it is "Kim Bum Soo Bogoshipda "

I hope its correct :wub:


well skip kim bum soo.
Thats the name of the singer who sings the song "bogoshipda" (i miss you)

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 20th, '07, 16:53

anneyong! im here once again askin people to help me speak Korean..

how do you say:

good morning?
good afternoon?
good evening?
goodnight?

please??? i would really appreciate if anybody would help me.

gamsahamnida! :salut:
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

10626697
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 23rd, '07, 06:47

Post by 10626697 » Feb 23rd, '07, 07:09

I'm not korean but I'm learning the language because I planned to join a summer program in a university in korea(forgot the name) for international students and I am fond of watching k-dramas. But unfortunately, summer in korea starts around june so I was forced to cancel my plans to join the summer program because my class starts at around june. Anyway, I've only learned a few korean words but I hope to learn more... So far I've only learned ne, anio, yeoboseyo, anyong haseyo, kumawoo, chuseyo, anyong hi-kaseyo, anyong hi-gyeseyo, eoso useyo, saranghe, gamsahamnida, cheonmaneyo, chilyehamnida so mostly only basic conversational words but I've also learned the sentence formation and the way they write the korean characters but I'm having a hard time memorizing hanggul.

User avatar
dody
Posts: 123
Joined: Sep 11th, '06, 00:32

Post by dody » Feb 23rd, '07, 10:40

Hello everyone
Actually I'm not korean but I love korea very much
I'm Dody and I'm an Egyptian
I want to know how to write my name in korean
my name is "Hadeer"
Thank you

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 23rd, '07, 13:24

guys how do you say HAPPY BIRTHDAY in Korean??? please???
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Feb 23rd, '07, 14:39

oh, Ilovekjh, its "saeng il chukahamnida !" ^______^ (i can't type korean characters in my computer, sorry)

annyonghaseyo~ !!

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Feb 23rd, '07, 14:45

iloveKJH wrote:anneyong! im here once again askin people to help me speak Korean..

how do you say:

good morning?
good afternoon?
good evening?
goodnight?

please??? i would really appreciate if anybody would help me.

gamsahamnida! :salut:



Hi again!
Hope it helps:

Good morning,afternoon,evening : Annyonghaseyo
Good night : jal ja

hope that helps! ^_^ welcome to this thread!

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 23rd, '07, 20:40

Yoo ni gamsahamnida!!! you're an angel! :salut:
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Feb 24th, '07, 10:58

ilovekjh : chonman naeyo! ^______^ (means you are welcome)

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Feb 24th, '07, 21:10

안녕하세요~~~

여기 포럼에 글쓰기위해
acc 만든 민주 입니당~~~ ^^

전 미국 뉴욕에서 살고있고여~~
요즘 한국 방송에 재미가 들렸어요... :)

d-addicts 하루에 한 열번은 방문하니까
아예 acc 만들어버렸어요... ㅋㅋㅋ xD

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 28th, '07, 12:27

annyeong haseyo! im here again, askin for some translations...

can anybody tell me how to say "pretty chick" or "cute" in Korean? rominazation please.


gamsahamnida! :thumright:
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Feb 28th, '07, 16:30

cute : 이쁩니다

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 28th, '07, 17:11

Yoo ni wrote:cute : 이쁩니다


annyeong Yoo ni. thanks for your help but i cant read Korean character. im askin the other translation... :unsure:
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

Plasmaigus
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 28th, '07, 21:07

Post by Plasmaigus » Feb 28th, '07, 21:52

iloveKJH wrote:
Yoo ni wrote:cute : 이쁩니다


annyeong Yoo ni. thanks for your help but i cant read Korean character. im askin the other translation... :unsure:


이쁩니다= ippeumnida... i think?

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Feb 28th, '07, 23:03

Plasmaigus wrote:
iloveKJH wrote:
Yoo ni wrote:cute : 이쁩니다


annyeong Yoo ni. thanks for your help but i cant read Korean character. im askin the other translation... :unsure:


이쁩니다= ippeumnida... i think?


cool. thanks. i just noticed that there's a lot of Korean words that ends wit "mnida"...
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
Yoo ni
Posts: 31
Joined: Jun 23rd, '06, 10:59

Post by Yoo ni » Mar 1st, '07, 16:43

minju120 wrote:안녕하세요~~~

여기 포럼에 글쓰기위해
acc 만든 민주 입니당~~~ ^^

전 미국 뉴욕에서 살고있고여~~
요즘 한국 방송에 재미가 들렸어요... :)

d-addicts 하루에 한 열번은 방문하니까
아예 acc 만들어버렸어요... ㅋㅋㅋ xD


Annyong minju sshi! ^_^ Manasseo ban-gawoyo! Jeoneun yoo ni imnida! =) neo hanguk saramieyo? =)

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 1st, '07, 21:18

Yoo ni wrote:cute : 이쁩니다


I think that's wrong.

I believe 여쁘다 means 'to be pretty'. To say that someone is cute you should say 너 귀여워 (no gwioyeo).

Confusing those two could actually lead to quite the misunderstanding! There is quite a difference between how these words are used in some situations. For example, when a Korean introduces his bad-looking girlfriend to his friends, they will be too polite to say that their friend's girlfriend is ugly. Instead, they will say, "oh, she is cute!". The same happens when you ask a Korean whether the friend he's been mentioning is good-looking or not. Most are too polite to badmouth their friends, so if they are in fact not good-looking, they will say, "oh... my friend is cute".

If someone really is cute or attractive, they will say they are pretty instead (와! 여뻐!). :P

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Mar 4th, '07, 01:25

Yoo ni wrote:Annyong minju sshi! ^_^ Manasseo ban-gawoyo! Jeoneun yoo ni imnida! =) neo hanguk saramieyo? =)

안녕하세요~~
and yes =) i am indeed korean. ^^
만나서 반갑워여~~!!.

iloveKJH wrote:can anybody tell me how to say "pretty chick" or "cute" in Korean? rominazation please.


cute is 귀엽다 (ghee yup da)...????
pretty is 예쁘다 (ye pu da)

and if you add mnida at the end
youre saying it in more polite way.
New Heart / On Air / Boys Over Flowers
Image

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 5th, '07, 12:24

minju120 wrote:
iloveKJH wrote:can anybody tell me how to say "pretty chick" or "cute" in Korean? rominazation please.


cute is 귀엽다 (ghee yup da)...????
pretty is 예쁘다 (ye pu da)

and if you add mnida at the end
youre saying it in more polite way.


gamsahamnida Minju and Nea Ville! i understand it now.. :-)
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 5th, '07, 12:29

Yoo ni wrote:Annyong minju sshi! ^_^ Manasseo ban-gawoyo! Jeoneun yoo ni imnida! =) neo hanguk saramieyo? =)


Annyeong Yoo ni. :-) how are you my friend? im just really curious wit what you said here to Minju...dont get me wrong..im not bein too nosy,,,i just really wanna know what it means cos im kinda learning korean..

gamsahamnida!
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Mar 5th, '07, 21:54

iloveKJH wrote:Annyeong Yoo ni. :-) how are you my friend? im just really curious wit what you said here to Minju...dont get me wrong..im not bein too nosy,,,i just really wanna know what it means cos im kinda learning korean..

gamsahamnida!


lol no probss. youre not nosy. =D
i said......

Hello~~
this is minju who made an
account just to write in these forums. xD

i currently live in NY
and really into Korean TV shows right now

i visit d-addicts at least 10 times a day
i just made an account. xD

lolss thats what i said ^^
New Heart / On Air / Boys Over Flowers
Image

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 5th, '07, 22:02

minju120 wrote:
iloveKJH wrote:Annyeong Yoo ni. :-) how are you my friend? im just really curious wit what you said here to Minju...dont get me wrong..im not bein too nosy,,,i just really wanna know what it means cos im kinda learning korean..

gamsahamnida!


lol no probss. youre not nosy. =D
i said......

Hello~~
this is minju who made an
account just to write in these forums. xD

i currently live in NY
and really into Korean TV shows right now

i visit d-addicts at least 10 times a day
i just made an account. xD

lolss thats what i said ^^


cool. thanks Minju! oh yea,,btw is it GAMSAHAMNIDA or KAMSAHAMNIDA??? im confuse...lols.
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Mar 6th, '07, 02:29

iloveKJH wrote:cool. thanks Minju! oh yea,,btw is it GAMSAHAMNIDA or KAMSAHAMNIDA??? im confuse...lols.


it dont really make a difference in writing
but when saying... dont accent the first word to much
so i guess you can say its written with G
:lol
New Heart / On Air / Boys Over Flowers
Image

User avatar
iloveKJH
Posts: 181
Joined: Feb 7th, '07, 12:24
Location: Republic of Ireland

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 7th, '07, 12:22

minju120 wrote:
iloveKJH wrote:cool. thanks Minju! oh yea,,btw is it GAMSAHAMNIDA or KAMSAHAMNIDA??? im confuse...lols.


it dont really make a difference in writing
but when saying... dont accent the first word to much
so i guess you can say its written with G
:lol


ahh..i see. thanks anyways. hihi. :thumleft:
Image
RAIN / SE7EN / KIM JUNG HOON / MIKE HE / WU CHUN / JOE CHENG / VIC ZHOU :wub: :wub: :wub:

currently watching: MY LUCKY STAR , CORNER WITH LOVE , WHY WHY LOVE

wni_izzati
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 15:55
Location: Kota Bharu
Contact:

Post by wni_izzati » Mar 9th, '07, 03:00

hello korea...

where can I find korean word in .doc i mean in MICROSOFT WORD??? easy to be print out

i need a list of korean word ! vocabulary...

i have learn the koran 24 alphabets, 10 vowels n 14 consonants ... but can`t find the vocabulary .. i don`t want it in software...
Last edited by wni_izzati on Jul 17th, '09, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

wni_izzati
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 15:55
Location: Kota Bharu
Contact:

Post by wni_izzati » Mar 9th, '07, 03:14

k has to alphabet, right... one is the same with g n one has 2 line...

what about o (ng) ..is` it voiceless n has to be always writteen if the words start with vowels ??

like nga ??

wni_izzati
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 15:55
Location: Kota Bharu
Contact:

Post by wni_izzati » Mar 9th, '07, 06:02

check this out

now i am able to use korean alphabets

ㅇ ㄴ ㅣ ㅏ ㅡ ㄴ ㅇ ㄱ ㅈ ㅁ ㄱ ㅔ ㅗ ㅜ ㅅ ㅎ ㅅ ㄹ ㅕㅐ ㅓ ㄹㄷ ㅁ ㅊ ㅍ


http://www.declan-software.com/korean_i ... ime.htm#XP

help me on kOREAN words / vocabulary

User avatar
meme-sama
Posts: 88
Joined: Mar 3rd, '07, 13:45
Location: U.A.E
Contact:

Post by meme-sama » Mar 9th, '07, 20:53

hi korean guys :D
can any1 tell me what is the meaning of these words:
1.shogio
2.oppa
3.ajashi

and can u teach me how to say: i love u, love in korean ? :wub:

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Mar 10th, '07, 18:21

meme-sama wrote:hi korean guys :D
can any1 tell me what is the meaning of these words:
1.shogio
2.oppa
3.ajashi

and can u teach me how to say: i love u, love in korean ? :wub:


i think the first one you mean Jhogio.
i dont think there is shogio. >_>

jhogio is excuse me
oppa is when a girl calls a guy of older age
ajashi is like calling a old man. :T

i love you = saranghae
love = sarang
New Heart / On Air / Boys Over Flowers
Image

wni_izzati
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 15:55
Location: Kota Bharu
Contact:

Post by wni_izzati » Mar 10th, '07, 19:08

can u give me the words in KOREAN for :: n how to write them ?

ㅈㅏㄹㅏㅇ = sarang ?


I ? me ? you ? he? she ? they ? n many mores !!!

:0

wni_izzati
Posts: 36
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 15:55
Location: Kota Bharu
Contact:

Post by wni_izzati » Mar 10th, '07, 19:19

실ㅇㅏㅇ ???

User avatar
meme-sama
Posts: 88
Joined: Mar 3rd, '07, 13:45
Location: U.A.E
Contact:

Post by meme-sama » Mar 10th, '07, 19:20

minju120 wrote:
meme-sama wrote:hi korean guys :D
can any1 tell me what is the meaning of these words:
1.shogio
2.oppa
3.ajashi

and can u teach me how to say: i love u, love in korean ? :wub:


i think the first one you mean Jhogio.
i dont think there is shogio. >_>

jhogio is excuse me
oppa is when a girl calls a guy of older age
ajashi is like calling a old man. :T

i love you = saranghae
love = sarang


thanx= kamsameda--> am not sure abt da spelling :unsure:

lol thanks.....whenever i wana learn a new word i'll enter this thread :D

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Mar 11th, '07, 18:04

wni_izzati wrote:can u give me the words in KOREAN for :: n how to write them ?

ㅈㅏㄹㅏㅇ = sarang ?


I ? me ? you ? he? she ? they ? n many mores !!!

:0

its 사랑 = love = sarang

meme-sama wrote: thanx= kamsameda--> am not sure abt da spelling

lol thanks.....whenever i wana learn a new word i'll enter this thread

suress. i will always help. :D
since many people are helping me learn other languages too. =)
New Heart / On Air / Boys Over Flowers
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests