Chinese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 27th, '06, 12:55

sadotsu wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:calcifer...what movie/series is that on your avatar? looked bad @ss.
I think it's from that awful new movie, "The Promise". Biggest piece of crap I ever saw. Have you guys seen it?
Haha yes, according to many The Promise was pretty sucky. I enjoyed my two actors, though, so I had fun just letting it confuse me.

skachild

Post by skachild » Feb 27th, '06, 13:10

the promise sucks... althought there got really famous actor & actress but still the movie sucks hahaha... :lol :lol
i watch it on premier when this movie was been release... i thought it was a great movie like crouching tiger hidden dragon but i really dissapoint when i watch it :cry:
i heard this movie was been nominated in oscar this year for best foreign movie.. does it true????? :blink :blink

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 27th, '06, 16:18

skachild wrote:the promise sucks... althought there got really famous actor & actress but still the movie sucks hahaha... :lol :lol
i watch it on premier when this movie was been release... i thought it was a great movie like crouching tiger hidden dragon but i really dissapoint when i watch it :cry:
i heard this movie was been nominated in oscar this year for best foreign movie.. does it true????? :blink :blink
hmmm...i haven't watched it yet, but it doesn't sound like many people liked it. it's definitely not nominated this year. i checked when the nominations came out to see if any asian films were nominated this year, and sadly, no.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 27th, '06, 21:47

Yeah, they were thinking about it but then withdrew the nomination for Wu Ji. I'm glad they did; we can definitely do better.

QT

Post by QT » Feb 28th, '06, 22:47

Hello everybody,

i know anything about taiwanese or chinese dramas. I mainly watch korean dramas and a little bit japanese dramas.

so i would like to ask you which taiwanese or chinese dramas you could advise me. I'm quite interested in something funny.

thx

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 1st, '06, 00:14

halow halow... ni hao.. its my first time to post here. :D

by the way, i'm Ash or call me PG.. i do have a Chinese bloodline but to sad extent i wasnt able to practice more so on ma culture.. likely sayin.. i am...
Chinese by Blood..
Filipino by nature..
Ashely by Choice :D

... hmmp... i speak basic mandarin language but cant get thru with it... i hope i will learn more on this community thread. :D

xiexie

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Mar 1st, '06, 01:25

Princeton girl, is that a picture of u or some drama?
Do u go to princeton?

helenlu

Post by helenlu » Mar 1st, '06, 01:30

i'm chinese american...i suck at speaking chinese though [i know a little mandarin and can understand/speak some of cantonese] ...hhmm i LOVE k-dramas..currently watching GOONG, soo good!! my fav taiwanese drama is DEVIL BESIDE YOU..mike he and rainie yang look so good togetherr!! ..anyway, that's about it :-)

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 1st, '06, 01:43

QT wrote:Hello everybody,

i know anything about taiwanese or chinese dramas. I mainly watch korean dramas and a little bit japanese dramas.

so i would like to ask you which taiwanese or chinese dramas you could advise me. I'm quite interested in something funny.

thx
how about trying It Started With a Kiss? :lol
it's funny & romantic :wub:
highly recommended :thumright:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 1st, '06, 04:20

ahhh habukie, 我刚听了力宏的心中的日月。。。我喜欢!!! :lol

还有里头这句歌词 “多么想幻化成为你脚下的泥“, 突然让我想起许志安的“烂泥“ :

“愿可做你, 脚下那堆烂泥“

muahhaha :P

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 1st, '06, 04:47

furelise, see, i told you that i would get you re-hooked... :D and what is that song? the lyrics are funny and what does the title translate into? "mud?" :blink i guess i have to take a listen. sadly, i don't know much about the chinese music scene, so this is definitely helping me learn more. thanks to all the suggestions, i'm taking a look at JJ Lin.

@QT: here's the recommended chinese drama thread. i'd recommend that you take a look starting from the beginning. no offence to any of the members, but most of the recent posts are all about how much they love DBY and ISWAK. :-) it's mainly because those are the two most recently subbed twdramas. if you look through the rest, it gives you a more rounded picture about twdramas as well as hkdramas and cdramas.

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 1st, '06, 04:58

Chenjamin wrote:Princeton girl, is that a picture of u or some drama?
Do u go to princeton?
arrrg.. nope.. my name princeton.... am.. try this link http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 560#353560 >> :D and see how i've come to that username.. :-)

my siggy.. eeew i suppose to put that in my avatar but seemed am havin problem with ma avatar... and yeah that's me. i just got my hair done.. :roll i took that pix by myself in the corner of my room. :| ugly ei.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Mar 1st, '06, 05:17

pRincEton giRL wrote: my siggy.. eeew i suppose to put that in my avatar but seemed am havin problem with ma avatar... and yeah that's me. i just got my hair done.. :roll i took that pix by myself in the corner of my room. :| ugly ei.
what? you are kidding right? ugly??
or are you just fishing for compliments?

=)

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 1st, '06, 05:34

habukie wrote:furelise, see, i told you that i would get you re-hooked... :D and what is that song? the lyrics are funny and what does the title translate into? "mud?" :blink i guess i have to take a listen. sadly, i don't know much about the chinese music scene, so this is definitely helping me learn more. thanks to all the suggestions, i'm taking a look at JJ Lin.
haa yes, it's Mud. it's a cantonese song. That line sounds funny eh lol.. but it's actually a super-duper-mushy-love song along the lines of "i love u so much i can be the mud underneath your feet, and you can trample all over me and i'll still love you forever" :sweat: :sweat:

and yess... JJ has so many good songs!! don't know if you've heard his previous albums, songs like 木乃伊,一千年以后,冻结,翅膀 are all worth listening to :thumleft:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 1st, '06, 05:47

animetama wrote:what? you are kidding right? ugly??
or are you just fishing for compliments?

=)
:lol :lol :lol whew, certainly.. i don't. :-)

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Mar 1st, '06, 06:12

furelise wrote: and yess... JJ has so many good songs!!
goodness, a friend of mine is totally obsessed over JJ atm.. she's gone nuts! (not that i can talk..)
but the photobook.. it's just hotness!!

i only got his album last week in Sg, so i should have a listen to it..
hope its as good as everyone makes it out to be..

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 1st, '06, 06:43

animetama wrote:
furelise wrote: and yess... JJ has so many good songs!!
goodness, a friend of mine is totally obsessed over JJ atm.. she's gone nuts! (not that i can talk..)
but the photobook.. it's just hotness!!

i only got his album last week in Sg, so i should have a listen to it..
hope its as good as everyone makes it out to be..
ohh i havent seen his photobook yet.. so far my impression of JJ has been: good voice, talented songwriter, boyish looks... but his body?? hmmmm :scratchchin: have yet to take a good long look at it :mrgreen:

animetama, are u originally from sg?
n yes do share with us what u think of his new album, i've only heard those 2 songs from it :wink:

Chenjamin

Post by Chenjamin » Mar 1st, '06, 06:50

princeton: u look really familiar, have u ever been in illinois, louisiana, or south dakota.....u seem like a girl i knew when i was little

boniface

Post by boniface » Mar 1st, '06, 07:30

ooo I don't know who JJ is...

but "The Promise" sucked? well great surprise I knew it would. anything that director directs seems to FAIL, but he still is recognized for being an important director... did I miss something?
Well my mom loves the actress in it, 陶红, you know, so I wanted to download it for her and for me to watch as well.
I think we will both be like Calcifer, enjoying it confusing us :cheers:
the director just spends too much resources on making it look impressive, while the story line is ridiculous.
I need to see for myself.

welcome to all the new people joining us! we hope you'll stay for more discussions

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 1st, '06, 07:57

Chenjamin: oh oh nope, i guess am not. i've never been to those places you've mentioned.. :) am owkei am goin to change my siggy.. :roll seemed like a lot of peeps here mistakenly identify me.. :lol

boniface: how do you say *stupid* in mandarin.. or say how do you spell *chan shin beng??* :scratch: :D

Oceanblue

Post by Oceanblue » Mar 1st, '06, 14:09

大家好,I'm kdramas lover but somehow what is the next kdrama should I watch. I currently updsting Goong (waiting 15 & 16), finished My Girl, Full House, Kim Sam & super rookie. Can anyone recommend some nice comedy+ love story kdrama for me? 谢谢

“人生的生活多美好若能生活在韩剧童谣故事里”

lurenjia

Post by lurenjia » Mar 2nd, '06, 09:17

yoz
new here
i'm yihui
currently still in sec sch

neway
"stupid" is 笨蛋

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Mar 2nd, '06, 13:46

furelise wrote: ohh i havent seen his photobook yet.. so far my impression of JJ has been: good voice, talented songwriter, boyish looks... but his body?? hmmmm :scratchchin: have yet to take a good long look at it :mrgreen:
hehe.. some pics were quite nice to look at.. XD even though, i'm not really into JJ's [kinda] image..
i'll see about scanning some pics for D-A if i get some time off this weekend.
here's a pic from the back of his album:
[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3060/jjlin3nq.png[/img]
furelise wrote: animetama, are u originally from sg?
nope, not singaporean..
i just like SIA and always try to do a stopover in Sg whenever i travel..
oh dang, that reminds me.. i should have looked up Jem!! hehe
Hello Jem!! *waves* I'll look you up in June, so treat me lunch ok?? XD
furelise wrote: n yes do share with us what u think of his new album, i've only heard those 2 songs from it :wink:
not bad, not bad at all.. actually, i'll venture to say that it's even good!
Here are two of the bonus MV that came with the album:
http://yoochunnie.com/JJLin01.mpg
http://yoochunnie.com/JJLin02.mpg
^Please don't hotlink. Thanks
I'm taking it off in a few days..

Might have been me but it was getting overplayed in Sg..

Cheerio.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 2nd, '06, 14:49

Hi Princeton Girl and everyone else to the thread. Welcome!
boniface wrote:but "The Promise" sucked? well great surprise I knew it would. anything that director directs seems to FAIL, but he still is recognized for being an important director... did I miss something?
Well my mom loves the actress in it, 陶红, you know, so I wanted to download it for her and for me to watch as well.
the director just spends too much resources on making it look impressive, while the story line is ridiculous.
The Promise had its moments, though it helps if you're watching it specifically for someone. Then you can concentrate on that person instead of the odd/lack of plot. :P That's not the best sign of a good movie, of course, but I wouldn't say I regretted watching it. It's meant to be a fantasy, so I was ok with the overblown graphics. Some of the scenes were truly nice to look at.

有没有人看李连杰的最后武打电影"霍元甲"? 我听说还不错! 我很喜欢周杰伦给它写的歌; 好听, 但是他的MV有点好笑...his moves compared to Jet's, that is. I love his falsetto in that song.

animetama, great to hear from you! *hug*. 最近怎么样? 忙吗?

Hmm JJ's body is a bit...I dunno, maybe I only think it's slightly lacking because I haven't seen any photobook pics of him. Just some of his MVs. I watched him on CCTV's 春节晚会 and he looked pretty cool. Guess he's trying to get away from the cute look. 难啊; 他的脸天生就很可爱... But I really don't care what he looks like.

furelise, which 2 of JJ's songs have you heard? My fav songs on his new album are definitely 曹操, 只对你说 and 不死之身. 很多人特别喜欢 "原来", but the melody doesn't do anything for me. I think 不死之身 is a much stronger song; fits nicely with his lovely 一千年以后.

Anyone else here listen to Anson Hu? I really recommend him. Let's see if I can win any converts...If you haven't heard him before, try his 红颜 (the ending theme song to a series), Waiting for You (the MV dealt with the Tw series Love Contract), 情不自禁, 超时空爱情, 愿望...and one of his new songs 皇帝. I like JJ because I'm into Anson's music; I'd say their songs have certain similar qualities (strong, creative melodies, light voices, blend of rock/pop/R&B/traditional instruments). But don't bother looking for photobooks of Anson. I'd even suggest listening to him before you try to look at him, because he's truly someone who's famous for his 音乐天才and not a pretty face.

Can't access your JJ MVs, 'tama. Is one of them for 曹操? I saw that one; pretty cool.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Mar 2nd, '06, 15:01

ahhh.. gomen >_<
I put the files in the wrong folder.. DOH!

it should be ok now...
the two MVs are:
[img]http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/2029/jjlinmvs3gs.png[/img]

Calcifer *hugs* miss my airen girls :)
Mommy's back from spazzing over DBSK.. so i'll be around more often..
hahaha
until June anyway, I'm going to their Japan concerts >_<

oh PS.. this is kinda OT but if you like DBSK, download this
http://yoochunnie.com/BanjunTheatre-Don ... -02-19.avi

it's pretty big.. HD 350MB funny and entertaining.. if only someone can sub the whole thing for me..
Hello Touya!! *hugs* =) hahaha

aSn*GrL

Post by aSn*GrL » Mar 2nd, '06, 15:18

OehOeh JJ LIN has nice songs like Jiang Nan, and from his new album Down and 熟能生巧 and 只对你说 with a lil bit of koreans SARANG HAE YO gehghe :lol

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 2nd, '06, 15:24

Thanks Animetama for the MVs! In the process of downlaoding them now :wub:
Hmmm i'm not really into his kinda looks either lol but he's also cute in a boyish way..

n omg i'm so happy now i just got my hands on his Cao Cao album, thanks to kdwluverz's clubbox, it's awesome... listenin to it now... ahhh just heard "undying body" (which must be the 不死之身 Calcifer mentioned) and i like it very much!! i also like "now that she's gone" (english song), "i'm not the one you want", "only say to you", (sorry all the song names are in english) n i like them all!! :w00t:

ahhh i'm goin to melt listening to "now that she's gone" :heart:
will comment more after i hear the other songs :mrgreen:

And Calcifer, what's Anson Hu's chinese name? i wanna check out those songs u recommend :-)

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 2nd, '06, 15:51

just saw the 曹操 MV, *drools* the piano-playing part just bowled me over :faint: , i'm such a sucker for piano-playing guys :lol

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 2nd, '06, 17:50

furelise wrote: And Calcifer, what's Anson Hu's chinese name? i wanna check out those songs u recommend :-)
胡彦斌 Hu Yan Bin. His new 皇帝 song is featured on this sina site as a promotion for his upcoming album. I can't wait.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 3rd, '06, 01:08

well, i thought i'd just chime in with my impressions, too. i've listened to JJ's new album, and some songs from the previous album that i managed to find. i think my favorite songs so far are 曹操 and 木乃伊. his voice is a little high for my taste, and some of his songs don't make him sound like a good singer (though he is, because you can hear it in other songs...) because of odd pauses, which i find disconcerting. however, it's nice to find another person to listen to. and i definitely want to take a listen to anson hu now, too. :-) thanks for all the recommendations.

@furelise: i love your new avatar. that comic strip is just hilarious. i love bucky! :lol

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 3rd, '06, 02:54

Thanks, Calcifer. I'll try to find those 胡彦斌 songs u recommend :lol

habukie, yes JJ's voice can go really really high. I saw him on one Taiwanese TV show where he demonstrated how high it can go... n it made me cringe there :blink But I think he tones it down alot in this new album..

Wheee.. I found a fellow Bucky fan!!! I absolutely adore him. He's mean, sarcastic, egoistic n all, but he just cracks me up :mrgreen:

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 3rd, '06, 03:15

Calcifer thank you fer welcoming me here. :-)

hmp. just a lil query.. does anybody here speaks chinese mandarin and practices feng shui???? :scratch:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 3rd, '06, 04:09

furelise wrote:Thanks, Calcifer. I'll try to find those 胡彦斌 songs u recommend :lol

habukie, yes JJ's voice can go really really high. I saw him on one Taiwanese TV show where he demonstrated how high it can go... n it made me cringe there :blink But I think he tones it down alot in this new album..

Wheee.. I found a fellow Bucky fan!!! I absolutely adore him. He's mean, sarcastic, egoistic n all, but he just cracks me up :mrgreen:
furelise, let me know if you find them. :-) i'm interested in hearing his songs, but apparently he doesn't have anything recent, because i searched at BTChina and i couldn't find anything. and seriously, Bucky is the funniest comic character...he's so mean to everyone, and comes up with all these off-beat ideas for things. :lol

well, those were two interesting MVs. thanks for letting us download them, Animetama. it was really interesting to see the differences. in one, he's kinda this cooler, piano-playing guy, and the other, he's kinda, well, dorky. (he sorta reminds me of 王力宏 in his 龍的傳人 MV. you could tell that he can't really dance, but he's trying to. :D ) anyways, love the 曹操 MV, kinda ambivalent about the other one.

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Mar 3rd, '06, 05:19

Calcifer wrote:
boniface wrote:but "The Promise" sucked? well great surprise I knew it would. anything that director directs seems to FAIL, but he still is recognized for being an important director... did I miss something?
The Promise had its moments, though it helps if you're watching it specifically for someone. Then you can concentrate on that person instead of the odd/lack of plot. :P That's not the best sign of a good movie, of course, but I wouldn't say I regretted watching it. It's meant to be a fantasy, so I was ok with the overblown graphics. Some of the scenes were truly nice to look at.
The special effects (if you can even call them that) were horrible. Especially when they were flying. Have you read 韩寒's opinion about it? He was like, I'm gonna call this "我飞我飞我飞飞飞。
But I did enjoy 谢庭峰's effeminate acting. Nearly passed out from laughing.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 3rd, '06, 06:13

@pRincEton giRL: Many of us here speak Mandarin. I don't know how many of us do the feng shui thing though...Do you?

@habukie: I'm glad I listened to JJ's songs before I watched his videos. He's too cute to really pull the macho look off. Some of his videos are kinda cute-silly, too. The Mummy MV has mummies dancing with him in the background. His duet 被风吹过的夏天 is gorgeous, though.

If anyone would like a few 胡彦斌 songs, just go to baidu.com and copy-paste his name or any of the titles I recommended. If you want, I could upload a few too, but you should be able to find them there. Yeah, it's been like 2 years since his last album. Forever...

@ sadotsu: It's not the greatest movie, but I wasn't bothered by the graphics as I was by lack of plot. True, some were truly horrendous (the overhead view of the palace, for one, and what was up with the very beginning?) but I liked some of the others. They had nice scene transitions and scenery, too. Very vivid. I especially liked the galloping to save the King one, and I still want a little cottage like that one by the lake. But yeah, the flying was over the top. I hate flying while fighting as a rule, but I was laughing at the "I'm a bird, I'm a kite" part. And the running. It felt like a ripoff from Kung Fu Hustle.

I thought the side characters were the best ones. (鬼狼rocked.) I actually didn't watch Wu Ji for Nic Xie Ting Feng, but ended up liking 无欢 the most. Good, bad, lame or cheesy, he had the most personality. I enjoyed Nic's acting, but not in a malicious way. In fact, I often prefer 无欢-ish characters after being saturated with posturing and frankly boring generic manly heroes in too many movies.

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Mar 6th, '06, 02:56

Feng Shui? Nope... It's the United States here... kind of hard to get into those since not many people believe it as much as in Asia Countries.

If you talk about Tai Qi Chuan. I'm interested in that... mostly because they keep you calm, relax, and make your mind sharp. Pretty interesting...

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 6th, '06, 15:31

Plenty of people in the US still do Tai Ji Quan...especially in places with a large Chinese population. It makes American people stare. :lol

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 6th, '06, 19:05

omg i didn't write here :blink
i'm not a new member still i'm forgot to come here loll
Me..chinese mixed cambodgia from Canada

mandarin more lol still need more practice well well

:P

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Mar 7th, '06, 00:21

@Calcifer: True true!! I don't see many young people doing it anymore... sigh..

@Miaka FY: Cool... I understand some Cambodian (Khmer). It's mainly because my parents keep speaking that language to each other every since my birth. So... I can't speak it, but I understand some.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 7th, '06, 00:35

@animetama

did you already take off the songs? Can't open your link. Never heard a song of JJ before so I was kind a interested what you guys were talking about. Btw do you know Nicky Lee. He has a really nice voice though his pronounciation is really strange sometimes.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 7th, '06, 05:43

gixo wrote:@animetama

did you already take off the songs? Can't open your link. Never heard a song of JJ before so I was kind a interested what you guys were talking about. Btw do you know Nicky Lee. He has a really nice voice though his pronounciation is really strange sometimes.
he does have a good voice. i heard him singing at the Hua Yu Jin Qu Bang and i thought he sounded pretty good. however, his mandarin is atrocious, and i think it even shows up in his singing, unfortunately. i was reading about him, and he's very interesting. a korean in a taiwanese rap group, now singing in mandarin? :-)

did anyone else watch the awards? i mainly watched it for WLH. :roll but it was a disappointment since he sang a song that i don't like that much. but JJ came through and sang a good song. it would have been really cool if he sang Cao Cao and played piano...but he sang a song from his previous album since that's what the award was for. Rainie sang her two DBY songs, but i thought her singing was a little shaky. she was very bubbly and cute, though. Jay was really nice and helped to promote other singers'/groups' concerts during his multiple acceptance speeches since he won so many awards.

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 7th, '06, 06:15

Calcifier: oh yep, in our country a lot of chinese peeps pratices *feng shui*.. hmp. feng shui - it's the Chinese art of positioning objects in buildings and other places based on the belief in positive and negative effects of the patterns of yin and yang and the flow of chi, the vital force or energy inherent in all things... and also because it will help you create the quality of life you've always dreamed of .. hmp. so i thought anybody here practices those things... and yeah i did practiced some of it, esp on my room :D.... i have here a new found friend who kept on speaking chi mandarin on me, and i always end up saying what? come again? :scratch: :lol although i know some of the basics, i still can hardly get thru.. but i was informed lately with this sites.. www.mandarintools.com <> (if you wanna start from the scratch) <> try this link http://elanguage.cn/classroom/classroom.php >> i hope this would help others too.

YouShan: True!. feng shui is more practiced on asian countries.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 7th, '06, 06:37

habukie wrote:
gixo wrote:@animetama

he does have a good voice. i heard him singing at the Hua Yu Jin Qu Bang and i thought he sounded pretty good. however, his mandarin is atrocious, and i think it even shows up in his singing, unfortunately. i was reading about him, and he's very interesting. a korean in a taiwanese rap group, now singing in mandarin? :-)

did anyone else watch the awards? i mainly watched it for WLH. :roll but it was a disappointment since he sang a song that i don't like that much. but JJ came through and sang a good song. it would have been really cool if he sang Cao Cao and played piano...but he sang a song from his previous album since that's what the award was for. Rainie sang her two DBY songs, but i thought her singing was a little shaky. she was very bubbly and cute, though. Jay was really nice and helped to promote other singers'/groups' concerts during his multiple acceptance speeches since he won so many awards.
Hmm where was this award show held? in China or Taiwan? Hehe I've so many dramas to watch I've neglected the TV for ages :P I'm curious who won Best Female Artiste though? :mrgreen:

Would have liked to see JJ playing the piano live :D I bet that would be really cool... oh I was just having a convo/debate with a friend who insisted that JJ's voice sounds like a female and actually called him a castrato!! oh Geez :hissy: :cussing: 太过份了!!!! 真是又好气又好笑 :glare:

oh btw gixo, I would recommend u to take a listen to JJ first before seeing his MTV, to better appreciate his voice :mrgreen:

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Mar 7th, '06, 06:51

YouShan wrote:@Calcifer: True true!! I don't see many young people doing it anymore... sigh..

@Miaka FY: Cool... I understand some Cambodian (Khmer). It's mainly because my parents keep speaking that language to each other every since my birth. So... I can't speak it, but I understand some.
that cool ^^
i understand and can talk ..but that all ..o.o
cannot write ...
for chinese can understand and can little write ..
born in Canada ...so ..for sure...forgot some ^^;;

boniface

Post by boniface » Mar 7th, '06, 07:43

pRincEton giRL wrote:Calcifier: oh yep, in our country a lot of chinese peeps pratices *feng shui*.. hmp. feng shui - it's the Chinese art of positioning objects in buildings and other places based on the belief in positive and negative effects of the patterns of yin and yang and the flow of chi, the vital force or energy inherent in all things... and also because it will help you create the quality of life you've always dreamed of .. hmp. so i thought anybody here practices those things... and yeah i did practiced some of it, esp on my room :D.... i have here a new found friend who kept on speaking chi mandarin on me, and i always end up saying what? come again? :scratch: :lol although i know some of the basics, i still can hardly get thru.. but i was informed lately with this sites.. www.mandarintools.com <> (if you wanna start from the scratch) <> try this link http://elanguage.cn/classroom/classroom.php >> i hope this would help others too.

YouShan: True!. feng shui is more practiced on asian countries.
haha really.
I think the majority of the Chinese population in China is like half superstitious, so everyone knows a tiny bit. But I haven't really met anyone who totally arranges the whole house perfectly.
If you finish arranging your home, please tell us about the affects.
Let's see if it works or not!

Deleted User 44190

Post by Deleted User 44190 » Mar 7th, '06, 21:56

Come to think of it, I did one thing that relates to Feng Shui in my room...
I put my desk so that I face the door and I have a wall behind my back... Good luck for Businesses...
Even though I don't have business yet... Hahaha.....

pRincEton giRL

Post by pRincEton giRL » Mar 8th, '06, 01:21

boniface wrote:haha really.
I think the majority of the Chinese population in China is like half superstitious, so everyone knows a tiny bit. But I haven't really met anyone who totally arranges the whole house perfectly.
If you finish arranging your home, please tell us about the affects.
Let's see if it works or not!
hmmmm. I think the bottomline is.. you must start it with yourself. It is the matter of believing or not. because if you do have positive outlook on those things and apply it to yourself, I presumed a positive response would possibly draw near you. likewise, I haven’t known anybody here in my town arranges the whole house perfectly, but in some consonance though, we had applied it on my father’s biz… hmm so far it’s propagating prolifically . sometimes the slope is on the downward but whenever that paves our way, something better probably comes. and with regards to my bedroom, here’s some tips for you…

The bedroom affects the sleeping patterns of those who sleep in it. It is an important factor in staying healthy, happy, and accumulating wealth. The bedroom, therefore, should be comfortable. Energy that flows into it should run smoothly throughout the room. Do not leave anything under the bed. Leaving things under it will hinder the circulation of energy in the bedroom.

Red is an energizing color. Hence, this color should not be painted in a bedroom. People will not get the rest or sleep properly if they sleep in a red room. Bedrooms should be painted in a soft color. The color should suit the occupant’s energy so that he or she can sleep peacefully.

Fresh air should always circulate through the bedroom. It should also circulate through the rest of the house.

Mirrors should not face the bed. They interfere with restful sleep. It should not be placed behind the bed, at the occupant’s feet, or by the side of the bed. The reason behind this is a Chinese belief. A Chinese belief that states that human spirits leaves the body and rises when one begins to sleep. When the spirit sees itself in a mirror, it becomes frightened. After which, the spirit hurries back to the body which results to an uncomfortable sleep.

White coverlet should not be used. This is because white is the color of the blanket that covers the dead. The feet of the occupant should not face the door. This is considered unhealthy because this is how they remove dead bodies from a room. Also, there is a belief that states sleeping with one’s feet facing the door will make the person restless. This is because the person will always be on the go.

Ceiling beams should not be present in bedrooms. They are unhealthy because they disturb the flow of ch’i. Cover them up if they are open. Aside from blocking the flow of energy, they also cause financial problems. Wall beams in room corners have the same effect. Green plants should be placed by the side of wall beams to ward off negative energy. One can also hang wind chimes from the ceiling in front of the beam to make the same effect.

PS. Hope that helps. In a way… cultures demands respects. it might be funny to others but this is the fact and I was raised up with this kind of culture. and am happy with it. :-) and am still looking forward to do it more so on other things for the better.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 8th, '06, 04:46

furelise wrote:Hmm where was this award show held? in China or Taiwan? Hehe I've so many dramas to watch I've neglected the TV for ages :P I'm curious who won Best Female Artiste though? :mrgreen:

Would have liked to see JJ playing the piano live :D I bet that would be really cool... oh I was just having a convo/debate with a friend who insisted that JJ's voice sounds like a female and actually called him a castrato!! oh Geez :hissy: :cussing: 太过份了!!!! 真是又好气又好笑 :glare:

oh btw gixo, I would recommend u to take a listen to JJ first before seeing his MTV, to better appreciate his voice :mrgreen:
it was held in Taiwan, though they did have awards for best "asian" artists...
which JJ won for male artist. :lol his album was also one of the 10 top albums of the year.
here's the link to a partial list of winners from the YDY site. there's also some screen caps of various artists performing. yeah, i definitely would've liked to have seen anybody (WLH, Jay, JJ) sit down and play the piano as part of their performance, but none of them did.

your friend is funny. castrato?! while i think his voice is pretty high, it's not that bad. and at least his speaking voice isn't that high, too. i heard justin timberlake has to take speech classes b/c he wants to star in movies, but can't get roles b/c of his high voice. :roll

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 8th, '06, 05:41

habukie wrote:
furelise wrote:Hmm where was this award show held? in China or Taiwan? Hehe I've so many dramas to watch I've neglected the TV for ages :P I'm curious who won Best Female Artiste though? :mrgreen:

it was held in Taiwan, though they did have awards for best "asian" artists...
which JJ won for male artist. :lol his album was also one of the 10 top albums of the year.
here's the link to a partial list of winners from the YDY site. there's also some screen caps of various artists performing. yeah, i definitely would've liked to have seen anybody (WLH, Jay, JJ) sit down and play the piano as part of their performance, but none of them did.

your friend is funny. castrato?! while i think his voice is pretty high, it's not that bad. and at least his speaking voice isn't that high, too. i heard justin timberlake has to take speech classes b/c he wants to star in movies, but can't get roles b/c of his high voice. :roll
wheee good to see JJ won 票選創作歌手, 海外傑出男歌手 & 十大專輯. he sure deserves those awards! :thumleft: but i just noticed 王心凌 won 最佳專輯造型 & 舞台演繹傑出歌手?! Huh those school girl uniforms and knee socks of hers deserves 最佳造型?? :doh: And 舞台演繹傑出歌手? all that prancing & kicking around and acting cute?? :glare:
*sorry if i've offended any of her fans here :-)

lol my friend's trained in classical music so he knows all these weird terms... didn't even know that word existed until i looked it up :glare: n it's definitely too much of an exaggeration!

oh maybe justin timberlake should get himself a bad case of sore throat before he starts filming his future movie... so he could sound raspy like darth vader :lol

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 8th, '06, 06:58

furelise wrote:oh I was just having a convo/debate with a friend who insisted that JJ's voice sounds like a female and actually called him a castrato!! oh Geez :hissy: :cussing: 太过份了!!!! 真是又好气又好笑 :glare:
Hahaha! 真是有眼不识太山啊! Or maybe it should be, 有耳不识天才! 怎么不说他的歌写的好坏呢?

People who're judgmental and afraid of more elegant or just plain more feminine qualities like that bug me (aka many people in the US, not so much in Asia, it seems). Makes me wonder if they're insecure about their own masculinity when they make fun of another guy for not being the stereotypical Tarzan male.

But I agree that listening to JJ and most artists first is a much fairer way to judge his/their music. Images can bais people in the wrong direction. 我很喜欢林俊杰的嗓子. Round, and most importantly, clear. 听他的歌,好象他在边唱边微笑.8)

Justin Timberlake... :roll

有没有人觉得American hiphop/R&B 和中华hiphop/R&B比差多了?总是觉得US hiphop好shallow啊!不是let's bounce in the club, baby, you know you like it 就是 yo let's be bad in the back'a ma truck.

Anyone see the 2006 百事风云 music award thing? I wanna see it! I watched 2005's and felt bad for JJ. Jay Zhou has too many fans! I love Jay's music too, but poor JJ didn't even have a chance, since he had to compete with both Tw and HK artists. It's cool JJ was there representing the 海外 artists, though. What other 海外 Chinese-speaking artists are there? I know of 光良 and 曹格. Anson's still going strong as the Mainland representative. By the way, no one check out his music yet?

@princeton girl: yeah, I think it's kind of neat to be somewhat superstitious; it's a part of your culture. I don't do Feng Shui or believe in it myself, but I do do other things. I'd like to know how many of us here, if you or your family has a car, hangs a little bell/mirror/charm on it for "good luck" or "safety"? Or whose parents bought a house facing a particular direction? Or eats special foods on the New Year. It may not feng shui, but there're other Chinese traditions that're just as fun and revered.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 9th, '06, 03:44

Calcifer wrote:Hahaha! 真是有眼不识太山啊! Or maybe it should be, 有耳不识天才! 怎么不说他的歌写的好坏呢?
Haha 有耳不识天才。。。 或者说是在对牛弹琴吧!
Calcifer wrote:听他的歌,好象他在边唱边微笑.8)
我也有同感。。。他的歌声清晰,听了很舒服,在电视上看过他唱现场有注意到他真的是边唱边微笑的!不过那也可能是在 smiling for the cameras! :lol

我没什么听American hiphop,but those lyrics sound familiar.. lol! agree they're quite shallow..

I've not checked out Anson's songs yet :unsure: because now JJ's "不死之身"一直在我脑海里盘旋,i like the chinese flute parts... really gels very well with the whole song and his voice :thumleft:

我对风水不感兴趣, 也不喜欢搞迷信。但传统的习俗都有遵守,像除夕吃团圆饭阿,去拜年等等. They are quite fun and part of our chinese tradition :D

boniface

Post by boniface » Mar 9th, '06, 06:51

oh maybe justin timberlake should get himself a bad case of sore throat before he starts filming his future movie... so he could sound raspy like darth vader :lol
:lol hahaha

eww I hate 王心凌. she makes me imagine her as a middle-aged woman trying to be 5.
just ewww. I've never listened to her songs though. they are probably all cutsy?

@pRincEton giRL: ahhh all that feng shui information made me feel really good because my room's like that already. I agree that your good fortune really starts off with your confidence anyway and feng shui is just taking the credit. still, it could be fun to make your house perfect.

as for American hip-hop, I guess people don't really listen for the lyrics. it's just the beat that's catchy. I mean if you really listen to the lyrics i would throw up because it's just really bland and offensive in this "ur a stupid chick" way.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 9th, '06, 09:15

王心凌's performance really stands out as one of the worst in my mind. not only was song (Honey) really bad, but her outfit and odd dance (with a heart-shaped fan) made it even worse. i can't believe that she had one of the top albums and won all those awards. i had always heard that it's ok she wasn't a good actor because at least she could sing...but after seeing that, it made me not really want to listen to any more of her songs. but i guess i can't fault her TOO much for her outfit...because most of the other females there were also wearing similar outfits. well, most weren't as sickeningly pink, but a similar style (poufy dresses that ended above the knee.) and Rainie was wearing ankle socks with her heels...so i guess that might be the fashion? :unsure: sorry, i must be driving all the chinese-speaking males out of the thread. :-) but i just have to say one more thing about the fashion i saw at the awards...is white supposed to be THE color for guys to wear? i lost count of the males who showed up wearing all white. at least Jay and Lee Hom showed their individuality.

@Calcifer: the guy who won best new 海外 artist was nicky lee, the guy we were discussing earlier. sorry, i haven't gotten a chance to listen to anson's songs yet...so far i've only heard "waiting for you" and i need to hear some others. i'm too distracted by all the english...

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 9th, '06, 09:55

ewww that's disgusting... i can just imagine her prancing away like an overaged school girl ROFL... and she doesn't even look cute.. at least raine yang has a cute babyface. From what i saw from her past performances, what she does basically is just paste on a fake grin n hop around.. and yes boniface u guessed correctly.. her singing is all cutesy & her voice lacks any trace of emotion whatsoever :glare: And to make matters worse, i've read newspaper reports about how surly she is in person... apparently she has a bad reputation amongst the reporters for uncooperative behaviour :thumbdown: :roll

anyway for those of u who have not heard JJ before, here's a link to listen to one of his new songs 不死之身 online (streaming) :lol

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 10th, '06, 00:24

habukie wrote:
@Calcifer: the guy who won best new 海外 artist was nicky lee, the guy we were discussing earlier
he really won? That's great. I like his voice. Btw. I had the chance to meet him and his Chinese pronouciation is really American when he is having a conversation.

The "Honey" -song. Didn't know who you refered to at the beginning but when you mentioned "honey" I remembered. bah... I don't like that song.

btw. Habukie, just saw that you were the original sharer for the Marmalade Boy Theme. Would you be so kind to direct ul for me or seed it? Thank you

@furelise

thank you for the song. It's very nice and I like the atmosphere it's creating. So is JJ's voice but it' s really high for a guy. I think it might be higher than mine and I am a girl. But I guess I can at least scream higher than him :D

sillypanda114
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sillypanda114 » Mar 12th, '06, 20:09

^oh my gawd... speaking of high voices.. zhou jielun has this one song.. i can't remember what it was called, but it's a new song. omg he goes into such a high falsetto.. it was kinda scary. xP

ANYWAYS... oh wow.. i really like JJ's new song. haha a lot of people can't stand his voice. xP but i love it.

lots of singers like jj and wang lihong/leehom and zhou jielun like to use traditional chinese instruments in their songs. it's really cool. haha

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 12th, '06, 20:43

sillypanda114 wrote:^oh my gawd... speaking of high voices.. zhou jielun has this one song.. i can't remember what it was called, but it's a new song. omg he goes into such a high falsetto.. it was kinda scary. xP

ANYWAYS... oh wow.. i really like JJ's new song. haha a lot of people can't stand his voice. xP but i love it.

lots of singers like jj and wang lihong/leehom and zhou jielun like to use traditional chinese instruments in their songs. it's really cool. haha
It's the song Huo Yuan Jia, the theme song for Jet Li's last wuxia movie of the same name. The opera falsetto is quite cool, I think, but he's not the first to do it.

azntang89

me

Post by azntang89 » Mar 12th, '06, 21:21

hey i am chinese and i love chinese dramas, especially the ancient ones (not talking about ones taht were made a long time ago) and faries and fighting

i like xian jian qi xia zhuan really nice 8) :D and wind and clound 2 and twin knights
n e body noe where to download twin knights

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 12th, '06, 22:31

Calcifer wrote:
sillypanda114 wrote:^oh my gawd... speaking of high voices.. zhou jielun has this one song.. i can't remember what it was called, but it's a new song. omg he goes into such a high falsetto.. it was kinda scary. xP

It's the song Huo Yuan Jia, the theme song for Jet Li's last wuxia movie of the same name. The opera falsetto is quite cool, I think, but he's not the first to do it.
the music video is quite nice for the song, though it's funny because the scenes with jet li's movie are grainier than jay's video, so it's quite a contrast when it shifts between the two. and i wouldn't say that i'm a fan of males with high voices, but luckily JJ's is just about on the edge of what i can stand. and i really do like some of his songs. :-)

@gixo: i'll seed for a little while right now. :-)

@azntang89: welcome to the thread and to the forum! i don't know very much about ancient series. which one is twin knights? you might be able to find it at btchina or from murimzizon's clubbox (i've been translating the contents, and there are a lot of ancient dramas.)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 13th, '06, 03:15

@habukie

thanks for seeding. I am sure a lot of people are happy now beause of you. I saw no more leechers a few minutes ago. So I guess everyone finished dl and is happily listening to the song (at least I am that's what I am doing right now :)

Now I just have to find a seeden for the Chinese Paladin Finally Realize-KTV then I am really happy (at least for today :P ) *looking around for help* :D

whaza

Post by whaza » Mar 13th, '06, 03:20

hum.....seems like we have some Taiwanese people here 8)

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Mar 13th, '06, 03:34

da jia hao! :mrgreen: currently i'm watching devil beside you :D :D

nothingisimpossible

Post by nothingisimpossible » Mar 13th, '06, 03:45

Ni Hao :cheers: !!! I'm a Singapore student.....hmm currently downloading Return Of Condor Heros and Tian Wai Fei Xian(both so little seeders :-( )..watching Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan Now...

I'm a great fan of Hu Ge and Liu YiFei :lol

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 13th, '06, 04:28

@nothingisimpossible: Ni Hao and huan ying/welcome :-) We've been talking about Singaporean singer JJ here for a bit.
whaza wrote:hum.....seems like we have some Taiwanese people here 8)
I assumed there would be, but was there something that made it very obvious?

@habukie: 有没有你喜欢的歌, 男子气比较重一点儿的,可以介绍介绍? :P

真好玩儿: 现在男生都流行唱高音 (我已经听了好几个不错的歌by different artists,都有男歌手专门用女人京剧之类的嗓音和自己平常的声音配唱), 然后有些女生还流行打扮成中/男性的样子...我对这些没有什么意见;就是觉得这些emerging trends挺有意思.你们听过现在比较出名的周笔畅吗? 声音好底啊! Almost alarming at first listen.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 13th, '06, 04:35

gixo wrote: @furelise

thank you for the song. It's very nice and I like the atmosphere it's creating. So is JJ's voice but it' s really high for a guy. I think it might be higher than mine and I am a girl. But I guess I can at least scream higher than him :D
gixo, glad to hear u like the song :-) For all we know, maybe he can scream louder than all of us here :P

Wow, an influx of new people into the thread? 大家好!怎么都不说中文啊?

nothingisimpossible: I'm watching Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 too. In fact, I'm addicted to it now!
I absoutely hate that priest from 全真教 :cussing: What a sick pervert!

nothingisimpossible

Post by nothingisimpossible » Mar 13th, '06, 14:15

furelise:Damned im downloading Return Of Condor Heros 06 very very slow...can u tell me ur link?i got my link at d-addicts without any english subs cause i know chinese...

btw any tips on increasing capacity of ur c drive?im currently downloading tian wai fei xian ep1-26 and Return of condor heros 06 ep 1-24 and my cdrive going explode...ahhh help!! :cussing:

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 13th, '06, 15:50

furelise wrote: gixo, glad to hear u like the song :-) For all we know, maybe he can scream louder than all of us here :P

Wow, an influx of new people into the thread? 大家好!怎么都不说中文啊?
he might be able to scream loudern than us but hopefully not higher than us girls. If he can, I would call hem not only a falsetto but a castrato. :D

對不起。 我不太會寫中文。還有我比較喜歡用繁體字。我對簡體字有一點問題。

whaza

Post by whaza » Mar 13th, '06, 23:38

Calcifer wrote:
whaza wrote:hum.....seems like we have some Taiwanese people here 8)
I assumed there would be, but was there something that made it very obvious?
I just don't think 王心凌 will get any recognition other than in Taiwan, so....that's my guess

so.....is there anyone from Taiwan here or...? I know i am~XD

簡體也有些看不懂~不過中英台語都ok :thumleft:

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Mar 14th, '06, 04:07

nothingisimpossible: Yes BT is slow for me too.. so I switched to Gi-Ma-Mi's clubbox. Check out her post in this thread. As to your question on increasing the capacity of your C drive, lol I know of no miracle method :mrgreen: The usual solution is to transfer your data onto CD/DVD, or buying another hard drive.

gixo: I knew I should not have introduced that word here :glare:

whaza: Going by what you said, it follows that there aren't any Taiwanese here, no? Since no one spoke up for 王心凌 :P Is she really that popular in Taiwan?

Calcifer: 男生唱高音我第一个想到的就是熊天平,女生唱低音我第一个想到是潘美辰哈哈 :mrgreen: 你说的周笔畅我没听过。。。 是谁啊?Hmmm maybe this is yet another sign of gender role reversal? :lol

whaza

Post by whaza » Mar 14th, '06, 05:16

furelise wrote:
whaza: Going by what you said, it follows that there aren't any Taiwanese here, no? Since no one spoke up for 王心凌 :P Is she really that popular in Taiwan?
oh well...i guess not.....are you? or anyone? :-)

is she popular in Taiwan....i mean on my trip back home this past Christmas....i saw her a lot on TV, but you know, it was like i was turning channels, see her quite often XD

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 14th, '06, 06:10

@Calcifer: well, as i mentioned before, i don't really listen to that many Chinese singers...just selected ones (like Leehom and Jay) so i guess i don't have anyone that i can recommend. :sweat: i've been searching through my pitifully small chinese music collection for more singers that i can bring up...but i don't really have anything. the only music i really listen to is from singers that i already mentioned, and drama songs. oh, ok, i just found something. at one point, i really liked 張學友's songs...and his voice is on the deeper side... :-) oh, and in terms of a drama song...have any of you heard 陳宇凡's 我不是英雄 from 撞球小子 (Nine Ball)? i like his voice...he actually sings rather well.
oh, and as for 周笔畅...i've never heard her songs...but you make me wonder. the only woman i can think of with a deep voice is Ella (in SHE). it's odd, but she's also the most boyish of the trio. :unsure:

@whaza: so that was why you said there were a lot of people from Taiwan here. :-) i was wondering why you made that statement. i think it started because i brought up the music awards show that i had been watching, and 王心凌 had been a winner of several awards. since the show was in Taiwan, the winners were mainly from Taiwan. i assume she's pretty popular in other asian countries as well, thanks to being in several dramas.

edit: just found another drama song...柯有倫's 零 from 戰神 (Mars). :D

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 14th, '06, 06:22

gixo wrote:對不起。 我不太會寫中文。還有我比較喜歡用繁體字。我對簡體字有一點問題。
没关系, 我也是在随便写一写. 喜欢用traditional就用traditional; 还要拼下去! :P 本来就没有什么规定。 虽然我没学过traditional Chinese,看了台湾的连续剧后(sadly香港的我听不懂)平常写的traditional字也能猜到了. 对我来说,锻炼认字,simplified or traditional,都是件好事。And do excuse any errors I make typing :whistling:

王心凌我也听说过... 总是觉得对台湾的歌手比较熟悉,因为他们好象多and high profile. 但是没听过她的歌. Maybe that's a good thing, from the opinions of her here? 我还是平常喜欢听男歌手的歌.

@furelise: oh, but it's such a fun and interesting word... Like "eunuch." Seen long conversations about that one.

@whaza: A lot of Chinese people I know are from Taiwan so I expected a good number of posters here to be from Taiwan, too. (And I mean "Chinese" as an ethnicity, not a nationality. Don't mean to provoke arguments.)

@habukie: Yeah, I've heard the theme song to Nine Ball. Quite cool, I must say. 张学友...heard of him. Is he Cantonese? (Or I might not know what I'm talking about...) You probably said somewhere before but I'm lazy and my internet's slow, but what's your background again?

Yeah, Ella has a nice deep voice. 周笔畅's is as deep if not deeper, plus she doesn't have voices like Hebe's and Selina's singing along with her. It's not a bad voice, just...有一点奇怪at first.

Edit: 零! Another great song! For someone with a pitifully small collection, you've got good taste. :P

sillypanda114
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sillypanda114 » Mar 14th, '06, 08:19

omg.. i love that song from mars. it's so pretty. before i got the OST i would just rewind that one part of each episode like 5 times before getting onto the actual drama just to listen to that song. haha

Calcifer: i've never heard of 王心凌, but you know... often times the under-publicized artists are the talented artists. haha who knows if it's true in this case. XP and where do you go to look for chinese music? i'm sad to say that my knowledge of chinese artists is very limited. xP only know the few that are under public frenzy.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 14th, '06, 09:35

furelise wrote: gixo: I knew I should not have introduced that word here :glare:
haha, well I knew that word before. :D Actually there is a really good book called "the castrato" (not sure if that's also the original titel in English)

@calcifer
I agree. 張學友' has really nice songs. Do you now the song 朋友? It's old but very very nice.
Don't know if you really made mistakes. As I sad I am really bad at reading simplified Characters. So I just try to get your meaning and not caring about any mistakes :whistling:

As for female singers I would recommend Amei and Sandy Lam.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Mar 15th, '06, 06:31

gixo wrote:@calcifer
I agree. 張學友' has really nice songs. Do you now the song 朋友? It's old but very very nice.
Don't know if you really made mistakes. As I sad I am really bad at reading simplified Characters. So I just try to get your meaning and not caring about any mistakes :whistling:

As for female singers I would recommend Amei and Sandy Lam.
I looked up 张学友;只找到一个叫"给朋友"的歌. 我是知道一个歌叫"朋友" (a great song), 但是是另外一个歌手唱的...不知道你说的"朋友"是谁唱的?

A*mei; she's the Taiwanese princess singer, right? I think I've heard her before; a very nice voice.

For Chinese songs, I go to baidu.com mostly.

我刚刚在电视上听到一个挺感人的歌: anyone seen Jin Fen Shi Jia/金粉世家(Story of a Noble Family, I think is its English name)? I haven't yet, but the opening theme song is darn powerful. Not in your typical modern rock/radio-ish way, but it has awesome lyrics/melody. It's called 暗香.